Enter the World through the Theta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Shugotenshi
Sub-Player

Post by Shugotenshi » Mon Nov 17, 2003 3:03 am

I wanted to ask Tempest what it was she wanted to say, but before I could another approached us. I turned to look at the mysterious stranger, only to find that it wasn’t a stranger at all. It was Kain, one of my allies from the Vanguards. His long black leather robe flowing in the highland breeze. I could make out his dark brown hair from under his hood but the rest of his face couldn’t be seen. From what I recall he’s quite the introvert, never really saying more than he needs to. If he was approaching us to speak that must mean he has something important to say. But then again I have something important to say as well. The breeze picked up and blew sharply for a moment. The grass submitted to the wind and swayed violently. Kain stopped approaching and stood nearly three feet away from Tempest and I. We stood silently for a moment, none of us knew what to say. My cape, light purple on top and blue underneath, Tempests black wings and Kains leather robe all blew in the wind. I took my eyes off Kain for a moment to see Tempest. Her wings always did mesmerize me. It was like when you stare into a patch of oil on the concrete, the rainbow seems to glisten across it vibrantly. It was a beautiful sight I lost myself in.

“Greetings Tempest, Shugotenshi.” Kain said quietly. I suddenly turned my head to face him.

“Greetings Kain.” Tempest replied. Tempest seemed nervous; something was on her mind. “What brings you to Dun Loireag?”

“There is a problem I have, I was told that others here were in my same situation.” Kain replied. A problem? Kain? This must be serious. He turned his head to a group of players who had gathered near us. They seemed to be curious bystanders who wanted to listen into our conversation. “What a group of weirdo’s” one said. I didn’t like others listening into my conversations, especially when it doesn’t concern them. Apparently Kain didn’t approve of it either. He turned around and walked away slowly. The wind had died down by now, and I thought that Kain was going to leave us. As the crowd of players dispersed Kain waved his hand beside his head in a gesture to follow him. Tempest slowly walked forward to follow him. In hopes that we wouldn’t be followed I went along with Tempest to wherever Kain was headed.

We walked for a bit, not much had changed. The only real sounds to be heard were that of the players running about. Some were in groups off to another adventure, others seemed to be going solo. There really wasn’t a “right” way to play in “The World.” The grass crunched under our feet while we walked and I stopped to look at it for a moment. It was vibrantly green and bent downwards as I stepped on it. As I lifted my foot it raised again slow, just as grass in the real world did. “They did a good job.” I said to myself. Programming of that magnitude wasn’t easy, they went out of their way to make it ever so real. That and the fact “The World” is the only real online game makes it a haven to gamers. I remembered when I first bought “The World” after much arguing with my friends. I thought that Internet gaming was dead, but it seems that I was wrong. But now I’m stuck in that game and I don’t know how to escape. Once Kain is ready, I must confront him about this problem. After all, it’s much more important than any details of an adventure or something that Kain might have. Although I shouldn’t be too quick to judge, under the circumstances he could have something very important to say. Either way I’ll find out soon…

(OCC: I hope I did your character right Kain ^_^)
Shugotenshi | lvl.12 | Heavy Blade | Imp Wood Bands| Juk Zot | Mumyn Lei | Apple Pie x 25 | Speed Charm x 2 | 800 gp

Wren
Elevated Player

Post by Wren » Mon Nov 17, 2003 3:28 am

Wren had listened to Phoenix's story, all he could do was nod almost imperceptibly. He watched as Nighthand stood from his seat and shook Phoe's hand just as he'd done earlier with Wren. It was at this time that Wren took it upon himself to find a seat. "Hmm..." Thoughts tossed and turned in Wren's mind as he stared off into space, his jade eyes twinkling absentmindedly. There were far too many strange things going on, too many unanswered questions. "Well, perhaps, since it seems we're all in the story mood, I should tell some of what my tale has to tell?" Wren's eyes glanced back and forth between Nighthand and Phoenix. He wasn't quite sure as to whether or not they wanted to hear it, or if there was something that needed or wanted to be discussed. It was of no consequence, though. Wren tilted his head down slightly and stared at Nighthand from behind his bangs. Where is this Gingitsune he spoke of? There's no one here but him, Phoenix, and I. Maybe this is all an elaborate scheme?

Wren put his hands on the thin armrests of his chair and began to stand up, it was just then that the door behind and to his left opened up. At this point Wren wasn't really expecting anyone else to show up, so this turn of events startled him. He stood up and turned to the door, half-ready to draw his Prometheus. Though he was dumbstruck when what was in the door registered with his brain. There was a Wavemistress standing there. She took one step in and the door closed. She was smiling. "Hello, my name is Gingitsune."

So he was telling the truth... Amazing. Simply amazing. Wren's right hand, garnished with Dragon's Hands, slipped from the hilt of his sword and his eyes twinkled gently in the light of the room. If one could have seen his face in its entirety, he may have been smiling at that moment. But who's to say?

Just as Wren began to open his mouth and introduce himself, the wall behind Gingitsune began to transform and through it steped a mangled player covered in black on his left side. It was a strange sight to behold. But nothing Wren wasn't slightly accustomed to. This player ignored everyone there and walked straight for a bed and collapsed there, sleeping.

Wren watched as Gingitsune walked over to him and covered him with a blanket. Leaning over to Nighthand, he whispered, "Who was that? Another part of the 'team'?"

Once Gingitsune turned around she merely introduced him as an ally and rose the posibility of hackers being involved in his injury. Well, certainly things aren't slow around here.

It was at this point that Wren stepped forward to introduce himself. "Hello, Ms. Gingitsune. I am Wren, a Blademaster with the Avantgarde. Your friend, Nighthand, here approached me not so long ago aside the Chaos Gate and brought me here. I've heard of your trials and am pleased to meet you."

With that said, Wren put his right hand to his chest in a fist and nodded politely, closing his eyes as he's accustomed to doing. When he nodded, his wings almost instinctivly burst out from their modest position and fluttered a bit to stretch out. By the time Wren's head was raised and his eyes open, his wings were in their original position with only a few feathers accenting the ground. "Oh... sorry. It hurts to leave them crunched up for too long." Wren smiled, and this was barely noticeable. Only by looking at the angle of the scar near his right eye would one take not of its difference, which only means that he is smiling behind the scarf he wears.

All the mentoning of hackers in the past few minutes had reminded him of his comrades-in-arms. He'd seen Asura and some of the others roaming about the Root Town. "If you'll excuse me, I must take my leave. Some of my friends and fellow Avantgarde are wandering about the Root Town and I'd like to rally them before too much time passes." That said, Wren turned to walk towards the doorway.

I hope they're all okay...
Wren | Blademaster | Lvl. 30 | Ap Raio | Ap Do | Ap Vakz | Ani Slash | Vak Slash | Miu Lei | GiVak Kruz | Rai Kruz | Rue Rom | Repth |

Asura
Elevated Player

Post by Asura » Mon Nov 17, 2003 3:37 am

It wasn't that long a walk from the building that Asura had once rested at, before being flung into the air and almost into the endless abyss below of course, to behind the Grunty Farm that Tirath had led him to. The other player makes a few swift knocks on specific places on the seemingly seamless wall, causing a brief creaking noise as a hidden door swings open, shedding a bit of light on the hidden room. Asura had never heard of hidden rooms within the Root Towns, even with all his rumors, leading him to the assumption that it must have either been made recently or so well hidden that not even the most minor of BBS rumors had gotten out. The Blademaster takes a few swift steps into the room, eager to get away from the cliffs of Dun Loireag, as well as the sneaky Hijinx that had almost flung him into that abyss.

He had heard interesting rumors about players doing interesting things during his time on the BBS. Most of these were inevitably false; not all of the information within the BBS were true. The young player was eager to find out whether or not the rumors had been true, or if this particular area was always like this. He wouldn't know if the room was always there or not, primarily due to the fact that he had never been on the Theta server before. Already, he didn't like it, mostly due to it comprising of one thing he hated more than any other. Of course, he couldn't check on any of the rumors at this point: he could no longer access the BBS system due to his condition. This kept him from being able to gather more information, whether it be on rare items or rare players.

A quick glance around the room confirms nothing, except the existence of a few players he had met before. The noticible outfit of his fellow Blademaster, Wren, stands out immediately above everything else. It hadn't been that long since their last encounter with the Wavemaster, leading to the position they were at now. The group now known as the Avantgarden der Dammerung bonded quickly in the events of this final encounter, forming a group that would be bound together despite the horrendous fate that had awaited them.

The Blademaster takes a few more quick glances around the room, making sure to lookg for other people he recognized. One person, Phoenix, stood out as a person he had fought in a tournament a while back. The Blademaster had failed to defeat Asura, though the fight did prove that he was a strong competitor if nothing else. Why he was there, the cloaked boy did not know, though he could take a guess that the situation was the same of himself and Wren. The situation seemed reminescent of those that had been posted about on the BBS, though these were often promptly deleted.

A Wavemaster was another of the people there, currently shaking hands with the leader of the Avantgarden der Dammerung, Wren. She seemed to be the leader of the other group from Asura's vantage point, assuming that she was the one directly meeting with Wren. It was to be assumed that she might be the Gingitsune of the rumors, though that was to be doubted. Out of the corner of his eyes, he sees the swift movement of what appears to be a fox-tail, recognizing that player as hacked through some means or another.

Another man lay on a couch within the room, sleeping and covered by a blanket. Judging by the fact that the player hadn't logged out to sleep, it was to be assumed that he was in the same condition as the Avantgarden der Dammerung, and presumingly Phoenix as well. Either way, even if the other group was in a similar condition, it meant nothing about them, whether to be trusted or not.

The last person seated in the room was unrecognizable to the Blademaster. They had surely never met, except possibly in a passing glance on the streets of Mac Anu. Asura grasps the Patriot at his side a bit tighter, wondering if the rest of the people in this room were worth trusting, knowing that any of them could be a hacker such as the Wavemaster. A moment of weakness could be the difference between life and death, something made even more vital while one was trapped within the World.

Slowly the Blademaster speaks up, looking over at the green clad Wren.

"Seems you're not dead yet Lord Wren. Though it seems you haven't found a way to log-out of the World either I assume."
Last edited by Asura on Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

strato
Elevated Player

Post by strato » Mon Nov 17, 2003 4:40 am

As Lakely began to walk up to Shugotenshi and Tempest he noticed Kain run up to them. The group was deafly silent at first and then Kain began to speak. By this time Lakely had unknowingly stopped walking towards them and was listening to every word. Kain told the others of a sort of trouble he was in and before telling what it was they began to walk away.

Worried of what could possibly bring Kain trouble he began to follow them until he saw a jade cloaked blademaster running toward the Grunty Ranch. This blademaster was undoubtedly Asura judging by the Patriot he was yielding.

Asura was the reason that Lakely had come here to Dun Loireag. He had spent much time alone in Mac Anu searching for his friends and it seemed that they might all be here. He had already found four of them, and the only ones he hadn't found were his leader Wren and Neo. Before he knew it Lakely had lost sight of Kain, Shugo, and Tempest and was left with two choices. Run off to follow Asura or go and sit around somewhere to dwindle on his thoughts again.

This decision was an easy one to make for Lakely and he quickly ran off into the direction of Asura. Perhaps Asura will know something of Wren or how we can be able to log out again. He thought to himself as he happily ran towards the Grunty Ranch. Now he was not plagued by his dreary thoughts and could somehow feel that the end of these horrific memories was close and he would finally be able to leave "The World" and probably once again live a normal life.

Upon reaching the grunty corral, Asura continues behind a building. Eager to finally speak with his friend Lakely follows him and as he comes around the corner he sees Asura enter a hole in the wall and follows him into this mysterious building.

As Lakely rushes blindly into the hole he bumps into Asura pushing him forward into a chair and quickly glances about the room seeing a player he had previously met and knew as Phoenix, a wavemaster with a fox tail and long glorious hair, another player he'd never seen before, though he could not tell what class he was. Sitting in a chair he saw another player asleep and over to his right he saw a very familiar face which he'd not seen in the longest time.

Lakely stood there in a trance glancing at the strange players he'd not met before until he finally spoke. "Uh... Hi everyone, most of you don't know me but I know Asura, Wren, and slightly know Phoenix from Mac Anu. If I may ask, who might the rest of you be?"

THIS SIG NEEDS TO BE UPDATED

Name: Lakely

Lvl 23 Heavy Blade (110 SP)

9,000 GP

Equipment: Life Sword, Face Guard, Wrist Band, Noble Cloak, Safety Shoes

Skills: Gan Smash, Death Bringer, Rue Zot, Juk Rom, Ol Repth, Ap Ruem

Spare Equipment: Light Giver, Absorber, Horse-Killer

Guardian: Vasuki the Naga King (Lv. 9)

Golden Orb is: A bit more intense.

Vera
Exalted Player

Post by Vera » Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:14 am

"See look, she doesn't care about your well being. She blew you off." Senko said within Vera's mind as she watched Gingitsune bound off

"Oh well." Vera said as she wondering around, keeping her head low again

ooc; soo very very sick
Weapon: Shadow Guns
Armor: GunnerHeadband|Gunner Cloak|Dark Gunner Gloves|Shadow Anklet
Skills:Rapid Shot|Ani Eater|Ap Torv|La Repth|Ani Kruz
Money:8608
Items:Many
Power: Night Vision and Blindness Immune
Wishlist: More Ultra Light Gunner Equipment

Golden Orb is Currently: faint blue glow

Kain
Player

Post by Kain » Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:05 pm

Kain watched as Tempest, Shugo, and Lakely seemed to strike up a conversation. He waited at first, trying to read their lips. It appeared that Tempest forgot who everyone was, as she looked around at Shugo and Lakely. The Blade Mistress was on the ground and stared at her two companions. Kain shook his head, Maybe that’s not Tempest, Kain told himself. Then he noticed the black wings, Tempest was the only person he knew that had those wings, so it had to be here. Kain still didn’t move he didn’t want to make a fool of himself. “Hey come on, some of us have lives, and can’t stay in The World all day,” a Blade Mistress said as she pushed Kain out of the way. He watched her march to the Chaos Gate with her other friends without saying a word. With a reluctant sigh Kain figured that it was best to confront his old companions and talk to them about his predicament. The same thing could’ve happened to them, or maybe it didn’t. The only way to find this out was by asking some questions. The Heavy Blade began his slow walk over to the group of Avantgarden der Dämmerung members. He knew now was a perfect time to tell them.

When Kain arrived Tempest was up from the ground, and she appeared to be saying something. “Greetings Tempest, Shugotenshi, Lakely,” Kain began nodding to each as he said their name. Tempest looked at Kain and replied to him with a ‘greeting’ of her own. Maybe she didn’t forget me, Kain thought as he looked at the Blade Mistress, and then the other two players. He forced a smile on his usually straight face, and began to talk. “I have a slight problem,” Kain began in a cool, icy voice. “Well it’s more than a slight problem, but I heard others here that are in the same situation,” Kain stopped speaking and listened for a moment. He turned his head around, leaving his body straight, and glared at a group of other players. Kain quickly spun around on his heels and began to walk away from the Chaos Gate; the other players were snickering and making fun of the group of Vanguards. When Kain reached them, he rammed his shoulder into one of the players; it was a Twin Blade to be exact. The Twin Blade quickly unsheathed his daggers and prepared to attack Kain. The Heavy Blade knew that he didn’t stand a chance against the high level player, so he kept walking. The Twin Blade began to yell things at Kain, but he ignored this and beckoned for his friends to follow him.

Kain was pushed to the slide by a bunch of players who appeared to be separating from something. The Heavy Blade turned around and saw a player like no other. This player’s whole left side was covered in black, almost like a cat’s arm. The arm had long claws sticking out from it, almost perfect to kill a player. The player seemed to have the kind of effect that made everyone want to get out of his way. After passing by Kain the player ventured off towards the Grunty Farm. This was the same place that Wren walked behind and didn’t come out of yet. Kain glanced towards the Grutny Farm, and saw the player walk into it. Kain could only stare in disbelief; someone walking through a wall was absurd. Let alone the way that this player entered the wall. He used his large claws and ripped through the brick wall. How’d he do that? Kain asked himself and continued to walk. “I think that player just walked into the Grunty Farm. I’ve never heard of anything like this before. Have you?” Kain asked his friends that he was walking with. “I say that we go and check it out. Who knows, maybe more Vanguards are in there,” Kain concluded. He didn’t wait for the answers from them; his mind was set on going to the Grunty Farm

Kain crossed one of the bridges that connected the islands together. He was growing closer and closer to his destination. His Stun Sword was resting on his right shoulder; Kain wasn’t in the mood to fight. He was only in the mood to leave The World. Everything was so unclear to him, such as why he was stuck in The World. The wind blew again, sending a chilling feeling up Kain’s spine. He shuddered a little and kept walking towards the Grunty Farm, his eyes never leaving it. There appeared to be a group of players standing in a circle in the middle of the islands. Kain decided to push through the crowd, hoping that he wouldn’t lose any of his companions. After he pushed through the group, Kain spun around and looked behind him. It appeared that Lakely had wandered off. “Do you know where Lakely went?” Kain asked his Shugo and Tempest. It didn’t appear that they knew where he went either. He wasn’t sure if he should push through the group again, he wasn’t even sure what they were doing. They could’ve just been talking about their recent quests. He spun around again on his heels, they dug into the ground making little indentations, and noticed Lakely was following Asura. “Let’s go,” Kain said.

He began running and crossed another bridge, Kain saw the unbelievable again. The wall of the Grunty Farm opened; conventionally this time and three people stepped into it. One was Lakely, the second was Asura, and the last was another Blade Master. Kain dropped his jaw and stared in amazement. He couldn’t imagine a secret hideout such as that in a root town. “D…did you just see that?” Kain asked Shugo and Tempest. “Asura and Lakely just walked into the wall. I didn’t think that other player really did it, but now I know it’s true.” Kain stared, he wanted to walk over to the Grunty Farm and investigate, but it felt like his legs turned into jelly. I’m sure that there’s someone in there that’ll help with this situation I’m in. Maybe Lord Wren’s in there, Kain thought as he used all of his energy to lift his legs off of the ground, and continued his slow march over to the Grunty Farm.

{OOC: Shugo, you played my character fine. I’m glad you did that, it gave me something to post about. Lord Wren I knew that you didn’t leave the building, I just wanted to see if anyone was paying attention… Good job. :D}
Last edited by Kain on Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kain//Level 20// Heavy Blade//Calamity, Juk Rom, Gan Zot, Repth

Wren
Elevated Player

Post by Wren » Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:09 am

((OOC: I've noticed some mistakes and confusion about my whearabouts... When I said, "That said, Wren turned to walk towards the doorway." I hadn't left. "To walk", I'm on my way to leave, but I haven't left yet. Sorry for any confusion! ^_^ ))
Wren | Blademaster | Lvl. 30 | Ap Raio | Ap Do | Ap Vakz | Ani Slash | Vak Slash | Miu Lei | GiVak Kruz | Rai Kruz | Rue Rom | Repth |

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:18 am

Gingitsune glanced around as the players began to filter into the hideout, and she quickly saw that all of them knew each other in some way.
It gave them the advantage.

Quick thoughts and conclusions whirred through Gingi's mind, if they were the enemy, then it would be very bad for them, especially since they had many members missing. It was a bit suspicious that all of these people would come to Dun Loireag, meet, and try to join their group all at the same time.

She pushed the thoughts away, if it did turn out that they were the enemy then they would deal with them, already she saw that her group, though smaller, had the advantage in level.

As the characters came in she knew it was time to introduce herself again.
She moved to the front of the group, ever since Nall had died, and many players had left she had made herself the self-proclaimed leader of the group, and since no one had challenged her she had stayed that way.

"I'm Gingitsune. I can only surmise that you're all in the same kind of situation as we are, and I believe that it's best if we all stick together. The threat here is very large, we've been the group fighting on the frontlines and we've been through many many battles with both hackers and admins alike," she paused for a second and looked at the people around her, they seemed serious about this, and also doubting her.
"It seems like everyone is against us sometimes, and yet we've won so far, so why not keep going? I don't know how to make us wake up again, I don't know what it'll take, or who has the power to- I just know that the hackers are against us, and so are the admins, and if we don't do anything then we may just lose everything."

She brushed her hair back softly and sat down in a soft armchair, crossing her legs and balancing her wand, Cybele, on her knee.
"Anyway, as unmotivational as that speech was, here's the gist of it- it's your own free choice whether you join us or not, if you do then you're welcome to stay here in this hideout, if not you may leave and try to forget that you were ever here. Pick your poison!"

It had been easier when Nall was here, he had those impulses of right and wrong that had sorted the team members out so simply. She hated giving speeches and felt like a fool when she thought about the dribble she had spouted out, but one had to keep up appearances.

In truth they had weakened, as a group, and some new members were greatly welcome- especially as she remembered the faces she had seen walking the streets of Dun Loireag. They had changed clothing, altered to look like normal characters but she recognized their faces. Hackers. Hackers she had seen at the tournament, and one important one in particular... her opponent. The last she had seen of him Royce had been dragging him out of the ring after her victory, but he was unmistakeable. Had he gone back to their side?

Either way something was going on, and it would happen quite soon if she was right. Her tail had bristled into spikes as she had watched them, slipping from alley to alley in an attempt to track them. She had lost them in the end, but they had all been headed in the same general direction before disappearing- back to their own server most likely.
Were they looking for the location of the hideout?
If so, then they were in trouble, any one of these new players could be a spy, it would be simple for them to find the hideout then, no matter how secure they'd be smoked out like bees.

"Damn it..." Gingitsune thought to herself, keeping calm, "I hate hiding... I despise it! Why don't they just send us a field name, tell us that we'll battle and get it over with. There's no sense skulking about like rats." Her long nails gripped the arm of the chair she was in tightly, and her violet eyes turned stormy.

"Something's going to happen," she said, directing it at the new players in an offhand way. "Something big is going to happen soon, you have to decide- it's do or die, you're either with us, or somewhere else. If they decide to fight in Dun Loireag, they've done it before, then anyone could be hurt, y'know?"

(ooc: ack! Vera I'm sorry, I seriously didn't mean to leave you in the lurch like that >_<)

Tirath
Exalted Player

Post by Tirath » Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:06 am

Tirath looked over the group, wondering just how many would stay. Gingi had been convincing, so he didn't expect many to leave. In any case it seemed that there were plenty new Blademasters among the group. This could prove to be very benifical to my fighting ability.......

OOC: ok so its lame......so shoot me!(big philosophy paper due in the next week or so.....bout 50% of my grade.....)
Equipment: Oval Sword/ Frost Armour/ Cougar Bandana / Frost Bracer / Leg mail
Items: Mages soul, spirte orcarina, anitidote, 3 emperor soul, 10 heath potion, 5 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 5 Gale Breath, 2 Resurrect, 2 Speed Charm, 2 Knights Bane
Money: 5403gp
Skills: La Repth, Rue Slash, Rue Rom
Unequiped: Unicorn Blade(Ani Slash)Executioner(Crackbeat)

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:16 am

Nighthand relaxed in one corner of the Hideout. it seemed that his little recruitment drive had gone a bit better than planned. besides just Wren and Phoenix, several others had shown up as well. they didn't have the benefit of his story, but they still looked willing.

and they all seemed to know each other in some way or another.

normally, Nighthand would have found this a little suspicious, but this was not normal. he had seen one or two of these players before, when he went off on his own to the soul shrine. they were most likely part of a clan, of some kind. probably not the Army of Darkness, because he had met several of their members, but more likely a different one. he decided he would ask about his friend Angelus some time. but not now, it would just be distracting.

and besides, it would just take away from the action of the new members deciding what to do.

Deciding it was a bit tiresome watching the emotions cross over veiled faces, nighthand decided to pull out his flute and do some experimentation.

the eighteen inch tube was of the finest digital quality, and had delicate etchings all over it's surface. the keys were perfectly balances, and stood out a sharp shiny silver against the black of the main tube. and the sound it made was beautiful.

putting the flute to his lips, nighthand played a song he hadn't played in some time. titled "The Triumph," it was a rather short song, only five minutes long. the melody began slowly, coming out of discordant notes into a blazing fanfare, something not expected from such a soft instrument. at the three minute point, nighthand pressed a special key, and his original melody began repeating itself, without any effort from the play himself. instead, nighthand added a secondary counterpoint, a harmony that fit right in.

it was an exercise he had performed several times in real life, using a tape recorder and a single instrument. he found it much easier to perform in the game, due to the special instrument.

with the sing finally over, nighthand lowered the flute back into his pack and opened his eyes. a few players were watching his performance, while others were simply disregarding it as background music. neither bothered the heavy blade; he merely used the flute as stress relief. not only for himself, but for others. and somehow, he tought, it worked.

(OOC: I added a bit here, just so some people know.)

Neo...
Player

Post by Neo... » Tue Nov 18, 2003 3:58 am

Growing weary of the blue sky, Neo stood to his feet once more and began to explore this new root town. These surroundings were much different than what he was used to. He walked forward, making his way across a surprisingly sturdy piece of wood which was being used a bridge between the gap of two floating isles.

What of my fellow clan members? Have they ventured into this town as well? The Twinblade continued forward, hoping to meet a familar face within this strange new environment.

((OOC: Yes, I know it's a short post, but I need something as proof that I still exist. Not a single person has acknowledged my character's existence since I transfered to new root town. ... I'm getting lonely...

Now I must head off a finish up a project. Hopefully someone will notice me. *flails arms*))

Neo | Twinblade | Lvl. 18 | Tiger Claws | Staccatto | Gale of Swords | Repth | Vak Kruz | Juk Rom |

Kodel
Elevated Player

Post by Kodel » Tue Nov 18, 2003 4:15 am

OOC: I plan to post what happened during my absence once I finish the whole thing, so this might not make a terrible amount of sense. Sorry :P Also, could someone IM who wants to do a joint post?

Kodel drifted in and out of consciousness. The infection which had ravaged his real body and the one which had leached trough his player data, literally infecting his soul, had left him drained to near the point of death. But he was here, and for now, he was safe.

His dreams were filled with scattershot images, making them feel less like dreams and more like hallucinations. Himself, standing over his own corpse, his snow white Phoenix Wing gripped tightly in his hand, dripping red with blood. The man in black, squaring off against him on a grassy plain, and suddenly there were two, then four, then twenty, then they were swarming him, cutting his body to ribbons. Nejla, the hacker he had met and worked with, lay dead at his feet, and Vera, her cat claws unsheathed, stood over her body, a sadistic and evil grin on her cat-like face. Kodel heard himself screaming at her. Rayo and Nighthand, both of their weapons held at the ready, advancing on him as he crouched, growling in the back of his throat like an animal.

The last… vision… was by far the worst. He was standing in a bathroom, like one in the real world, in front of a mirror. He looked at his face, and his arm. Not one line, not one blotch, was present. The spines were gone, as were the talons, and his fingers had shrunk back to their normal size. His eye had cleared, the pearly white surrounding the familiar sea blue had returned.

He smiled, running a hand across his face and down his jaw. He was healed. He was whole. He squeezed his eyes shut and turned on the tap, feeling the cool water run between his fingers as he raised a handful to splash on his face.

He opened his eyes again, and half leaped back from the mirror in horror, nearly screaming out loud. Both of his eyes had blotted over, as if the solid black of his irises had expanded to cove his entire eye. He laid his hand on the reflection of his face, as if to touch the eye of his double on the other side of the mirror. He lowered his hand, and froze. His reflection had not moved, and both of its arms were still at its sides. He looked back at the face. The lines of the tattoo had begun to branch across the specters face rapidly, spreading down the sides of its neck and under his doppelgangers’ shirt.

Kodel began to pull his hand away, and suddenly the other Kodel’s arm snapped through the space where the pane of glass should’ve been, and clutched his normal hand in the familiar clawed abomination. The infection swarmed up his arm, and pain lanced through his brain. He felt the crawling sensation prickle up the side of his face, and he threw back his head, and screamed.

He bolted awake, throwing off his blanket, which was already soaked with sweat, as were his shirt and pants. He panted heavily, the pain in his dream still echoing in the back of his mind. He distinctly hoped he hadn’t screamed when he awoke. He sighed heavily, lurching to his feet.

He felt like he had slept for close to a million years, but he knew somehow that it had only been just under three hours. “Time to live through yet another day.” he muttered quietly. “Better get started.”
"Goodness for the most part is an illusion... Little fables people tell themselves so they can get through their days without screaming to much."
Kodel | Level 20 | Blademaster | 45000 Gold | Pheonix Wing | Thunder Armor, Silver Bracer, Time Headband, Safety Shoes, losta items and some scrolls | Ani Slash, Ani Revolver, Ap Ganz, Ap Corv, Ap Do. Gan Zot, Rai Rom

Vera
Exalted Player

Post by Vera » Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:34 pm

ooc: no prob Gingi, part of my rping code is too just think of something else

Vera looked around, something in her mind was clicking more. Maybe it was Juas or Senko. She started too walk faster, seemingly just wondering but she was following a path in her eyes. Her pace slowed as she came too what seemed an area free of most players. She smiled spying a group of decent level characters, she smiled with an evil look.

"Hey look at her. Bet we can beat lots with her." a male twin blade said to the others as he stared at Vera

"Or we can turn her in for a reward." another said.

Slowly they headed towards Vera. Within seconds they had her covered on all sides; weapons drawn.

"Pathetic, all of them" Senko said as she watched, giving glances too Juas.

"Kill them all." Juas ordered as Vera nodded and prepared.

"Tick Tock." Vera said as the players raised a brow. Within the short second, she had ripped out the throat of the highest level character in their party. In horror at how someone could attack in a root town they made an attempt too flee, but failed as Vera stood in their path. Smiling again she rushed forward and grabbed them by the necks. "Stupid." she said throwing them off the cliff.

Laughing softly she turned, it seemed a small wavemistress had followed her. The small girl's eyes were filled with fear as Vera walked over too her. "Please don't.....kill me" she said leaning against a rock sobbing as Vera looked down at her.

"I wont." Vera said as she licked the girl along the cheek and smiled, as her dress turned blood red and streaks of an erie blue appeared in her hair. "I like you, your innocent." she said licking the girl's cheek again before walking off in with her new clothes and hair.
Weapon: Shadow Guns
Armor: GunnerHeadband|Gunner Cloak|Dark Gunner Gloves|Shadow Anklet
Skills:Rapid Shot|Ani Eater|Ap Torv|La Repth|Ani Kruz
Money:8608
Items:Many
Power: Night Vision and Blindness Immune
Wishlist: More Ultra Light Gunner Equipment

Golden Orb is Currently: faint blue glow

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:39 pm

(OOC: Strato, I don't think my character has ever met your character unless I'm forgetting some quest that we did.)

As Wren was about to tell his story, Phoenix suddenly heard the door opened up and a woman walked through the doorway. At first, he thought that she looked normal but then he noticed the tail and the ears that she had. To Phoenix, she reminded him of the leader of the Figment Raiders, Lyra who had a similar tail and ears. Phoenix only met Lyra once in a duel which was a draw in the battlefield. He wonder if he was ever going to met her again but his mind went back to the present as another player appeared behind the beautiful wavemistress. The player immediately went to one of the beds and collapse onto the bed. He heard Wren asking who was the player just now but Gingitsune didn't give him a clear answer just only saying that he was an ally. Phoenix deduced that she doesn't know what happened to him and was confused as the rest of us were.

He saw Wren approached to the wavemistress and introduced himself to her. For some strange reason, he didn't noticed Wren's wings until now. Phoenix always wanted a pair of wings. Wren was about to leave when the door opened up again and it was Asura, a heavy blade, and another blademaster. He remembered Asura from a duel that he wished that would forget but defeat is a part of life. He didn't know the heavy blade or the blademaster. They could be part of the Vanguards or from Gingitsune's group but he was going about to find out as Asura spoke to Wren.

"Seems you're not dead yet Lord Wren. Though it seems you haven't found a way to log-out of the World either I assume."

So, it seems that the Vanguards can't log out from the World either. I think that is the common bond that ties us all together in the group of different people... His train of thought was broken when the Heavy Blade spoke out to the group.

"Uh... Hi everyone, most of you don't know me but I know Asura, Wren, and slightly know Phoenix from Mac Anu. If I may ask, who might the rest of you be?" Phoenix thought he didn't know the Heavy Blade but his memory of people that he met only once isn't that good at all. Phoenix was confused by the Heavy Blade. So, he got of the chair and spoke. "I'm sorry but I don't think we ever met. If we did, then I completely forgot about it. Anyway, the Heavy Blade on the chair is Nighthand, the wavemistress and the leader of the group is called Gingitsune. I don't know who's the person on the couch is but he's an ally of Gingitsune. As for myself, I am Phoenix of the Fatal ..." Phoenix stop his speech as he just remembered that he left his clan to protect them. "I'm just Phoenix, a lone blademaster."

After Phoenix managed to answer somewhat the Heavy Blade's question, Gingistune began to make a speech of her own. As she was making her speech, Phoenix knew that she wasn't the type to make speeches but she tried her hardest regardless. He knew that losing someone was hard and Nall must have been important to her but she going to continue to fight regardless of the odds against her. He knew heard the brutality of the Knights of War and deleting people with the smallest of hacks. They would have eventually went after him and would use the clan to do it. After the speech, he approached Gingistune and extended out his hand. " I would gladly to fight by your side..." Suddenly, Phoenix fell to the floor on one knee. He managed to get back up and said, "I must be still tired from the recent events that happened to me. I'm going to take one of these beds and rest for a few hours if that's alright with you." Phoenix slowly walk away from the group and went towards one of the beds. His every step took almost of his strength and could barely stay awake before reaching the bed. At that point, he fell onto the bed and was quietly asleep.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Wish List: Phoenix's Fire, Gold Necklace
EX-Spheres: LV 3 - Overdrive, LV 3 - Curative, LV 3 - Elemental Breath

Zavier_D
Awakened Player

Post by Zavier_D » Wed Nov 19, 2003 1:17 am

See...they left you behind....they don't care about you anymore...

Zavier opened his eyes, the sun in the fabled Don Loireag shining down upon him. He had been unable to join the excursion of some of the others, pursuing some interest of his own. But that had taught him one thing; he shouldn't be absorbed in doing things for himself all of the time. What if they had needed him? What if anyone had been destroyed in this World?

They don't need you...no one has come to talk to you...you are alone!

Zavier clenched his teeth. Of course no one knew he was here. After the group had left, he had launched into the air and flown a bit. He had looked around the town, and the NPC's, at different characters running around, trading and trying to hustle even the shop owners. He had finally just flown until he came to the top of a building. There, he had sat and waited, sorting his own feelings out, deciding if coming here was a good idea.

Listen to me...they don't care about you, they never have. Asgard...Tirath...Rayo...none of them care anymore! You don't have to fight with those...those....

"SHUT UP!" Zavier screamed aloud, although he knew it was to himself. He was having an extremely difficult time containing these thoughts that ripped through his mind. He knew he didn't think them, but all the same, it felt as though a part of him...agreed with them.

He heard noise below him and decided to check it out. A quick transformation into his Wood Dragon form was all he needed, and he slowly glided down, careful of other players not seeing him. He didn't mind that people knew he was the Dragon Knight; he just didn't want to spoil is element of surprise.

As he landed on the ground, he saw a very interesting site. There were new players present, apparently talking to the members of the group who had just returned. Zavier listened silently, hearing them introduce themselves to others. They were getting themselves into a huge ordeal...but by the looks of it, they were ready. He saw determination in their eyes, he saw willingness, he saw courage...and he saw fear. And that was important.

He, who isn't afraid, is a fool....

Zavier willed himself to not expound upon the voice whispering to him. He knew that he possessed fear; who didn't? The hackers were a versatile group; he knew, he had run into them a great deal. But, if a person wasn't afraid, they couldn't access the rare power that existed within every character...and he had realized that this power was what helped fuel his dragons. The more afraid and willing he was, the more potent the power.

But, he had dawdled long enough. He decided to listen to the warriors recount their tales, how they had completed what they had set out to do. But he knew that they were not safe; they never where. Someone was always trying to destroy them. Someone was always trying to find a weakness, a point of attack. They had to stay on guard and they had to stay together; that was the only way they would make it through.

After listening to their tales for a while, he walked towards Gingitsune, feeling he had failed her slightly. He wanted to ask her so many things, relief flooding through his core. He remembered once more when he had first come into the game, how the monster had spawned in Mac Anu, killing all of the new characters who opposed him. Only Gingitsune and Nall had the power to defeat it; had it not been for them, he had no idea what would have happened. He looked up to her; he regarded her as one of the best fighters in the land.

He would prove himself to her.

As he walked towards her, thoughts began to turn in the back of his mind. Xeromessiah waited, knowing the time was soon upon them. Either he would defeat Zavier or Zavier would defeat him. One of them would gain complete control over the body, and if he did...The Revolution, the true Revolution, would commence.

Zavier stepped up to Gingitsune, his relief subsiding into professionalism. He had a job to do.

"Gingitsune, forgive me for not joining you in your last endeavor. However, I will accompany you now wherever you go. Wherever, no matter what the costs."
Level:33
SP: 170
Skills:Rue Crack/Rue Revolver/Ap Ganz/ Rip Synk
Equipment: Heavenly Sword/ Grand Armor/ Forester Helm/ Rusted Hands/ Flare Guard/Thunder Cloak
Items:1 Sprite Ocarnia/3 Healing Drinks/Komura/Head Gear/5 Ressurect/2 Knight's Bane/1 Vak Rom/1 Rue Rom
Dragons: Wood, Bronze, Iron, Water

http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/DIVER ... c=6055&hl=