Enter the World through the Theta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Zavier_D
Awakened Player

Post by Zavier_D » Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:10 am

Zavier felt Bahamut meld with him, and they somehow were teleported to the field. As he appeared, Bahamut surprisingly did not free himself.

“Why are you still inside of me? Why don’t you come out?”

“For right now, it might be best if I stay hidden. If Kurai doesn’t expect me to come and fight him, we might have an edge later on."

“I see. Brilliant, so I”ll just keep you inside. I will let you know when to come out. Until then, I’m sure you will find something to do.”

“I will busy myself with making sure I understand my powers thus far. I would hate to try to fight and realize that I don’t know how to use a skill.

As Bahamut began his studying, Zavier looked expectantly to Gingitsune. She alone knew where they would go.
Level:33
SP: 170
Skills:Rue Crack/Rue Revolver/Ap Ganz/ Rip Synk
Equipment: Heavenly Sword/ Grand Armor/ Forester Helm/ Rusted Hands/ Flare Guard/Thunder Cloak
Items:1 Sprite Ocarnia/3 Healing Drinks/Komura/Head Gear/5 Ressurect/2 Knight's Bane/1 Vak Rom/1 Rue Rom
Dragons: Wood, Bronze, Iron, Water

http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/DIVER ... c=6055&hl=

strato
Elevated Player

Post by strato » Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:31 pm

Lakely rested on the ground by the chaos gate as the group gathered there preparing to go to the field where the mysterious player, Kurai, was. Gingitsune looked like she was ready leave seconds before she bolted off toward the hideout. As she ran off Lakely rose from the ground and saw a fist fighter class player join the group. Lakely was unsure of it but it seemed that they all knew each other in some sort of way. Lakely thought in his mind of the player, "Oh well, maybe he can help us learn what is troubling Kurai." He looked away into the distance and up into the sky again as thoughts of what could happen when the group found Kurai.

As Gingitsune returned to the gate, all that had been lounging upon the ground rose in anticipation, she smiled and nodded, "We're going, keep your shirts on..." with a small giggle she entered the gate, feeding in the words that might lead to Kurai and his possible destruction... Closed Solitary Nothingness

As she spoke these words the chaos gate released a glorious incandescence that nearly swallowed the players whole seconds before they were carried away by the three usual golden rings as they elegantly spun in a clockwise fashion towards the grass of Dun Loireag. Before Lakely was consumed by the rings he reached into the pocket inside of his vest, then closed his eyes and calmly exhaled as he felt Vasuki in his stone tablet form. As he disappeared he felt himself falling through the endless void that exists between all fields and the root towns of "The World."

As Lakely transcended through this world he felt himself being pulled every which way until he came to a stop and finally opened his eyes. As Lakely's vision slowly came back he felt himself falling and quickly realized that the group had not normally entered this field. As he was crashing down toward a patch of trees he panics and reaches out to a branch as he grabs it he swings along the branch and safely falls toward the ground. As he lands he removes the stone tablet from his pocket and walks over to his companions.

THIS SIG NEEDS TO BE UPDATED

Name: Lakely

Lvl 23 Heavy Blade (110 SP)

9,000 GP

Equipment: Life Sword, Face Guard, Wrist Band, Noble Cloak, Safety Shoes

Skills: Gan Smash, Death Bringer, Rue Zot, Juk Rom, Ol Repth, Ap Ruem

Spare Equipment: Light Giver, Absorber, Horse-Killer

Guardian: Vasuki the Naga King (Lv. 9)

Golden Orb is: A bit more intense.

Vera
Exalted Player

Post by Vera » Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:36 pm

Vera slowly appeared next to Hijynx as she cracked a large, evil smile. "Hiya bunny." she said with her eyes glowing
Weapon: Shadow Guns
Armor: GunnerHeadband|Gunner Cloak|Dark Gunner Gloves|Shadow Anklet
Skills:Rapid Shot|Ani Eater|Ap Torv|La Repth|Ani Kruz
Money:8608
Items:Many
Power: Night Vision and Blindness Immune
Wishlist: More Ultra Light Gunner Equipment

Golden Orb is Currently: faint blue glow

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:09 am

OOC: Sorry vera, but I want to see if anyone else wants to respond to that first. Once I get back from school I'll post. :flopsy:
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."

Asura
Elevated Player

Post by Asura » Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:25 pm

Asura, while deep in thought, had let the group get ahead of him for a bit. He hadn't expected things to move so fast, quite frankly wanting to get some sleep after the problem with the Red Guard and Eye and Gem and Tritoch. However, these people seemed to run on sheer adreneline, so he would be forced to keep up as best he could. The Blademaster quickly moves to put away his Seal Sword, returning it to the well crafted sheath that would hold the blade until it was needed. Kyouchou on his shoulder moves a bit, obviously having been unwillingly woken by the movements that had been taken.

"Going to help them with their Kurai problem now?" The dragon's voice seems to go directly into his head, without any considerable outside noise. It would hard to even distinguish it as a voice, rather than a series of images and gut feelings that make up the sentence. It was far from language in the traditional sense at least. Either way, he could understand it, even if it was a bit more crude than the languages the other guardians could speak.

"Yes... we're going to go help. I should after that incident with the Red Guards..." Asura makes several swift steps towards the door, the dragonet still ready for action at any point in time. Quick, long strides take him out of the Hideout; careful, seeking eyes glancing towards the Chaos Gate and Gingitsune. He comes up behind the stronger Wavemistress with strong steps, one hand gripping his Seal Sword tightly. The darkness from the blade seems to seep up through his body, filling it before the energies are forced back into the depths from whence they came. A shudder runs down the Blademaster's spine as he tries to think of how the energies could even begin to start to escape from the sword, wondering if he is too attatched to it.

The Blademaster's eyes shoot open again, having been closed as he concentrated on beating back the dark energies that seemed to radiate outwards from the sword in his hands. For all he knew, that might have been his imagination based on the tales he had heard of the Treeweaver of Kurai, which may have been the direct cause of his insanity. He would have to aim to avoid such a fate if he ever came across a weapon as powerful as that. If he didn't he might wind up among the dead. However, right now, the rest of the group has been going through the Chaos Gate, so he leaped in after them, hand still gripping his blade tightly, knuckles turning white from the amount of force being exerted.

As the golden rings teleport him into the field, he is surprised to find himself floating over it, a few trees being the only thing that could possibly break his fall. The nimble Blademaster falls towards the ground, pressing his feet against one of the trunks in a quick moment of thought. Leaping up from the trees, he gains a bit of height to slow him down in his descent, repeating the process as he thrusts off frm tree to tree until he reaches the ground, landing lightly on his feet. The Blademaster dusts a bit of leaves off of his garb that had gotten onto him from a few stray branches, his dragonet still calmly gazing around with icy blue eyes, searching for enemies.

"Well... that was an odd field entrance."

Kain
Player

Post by Kain » Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:22 pm

Kain bent his right knee and genuflected on the ground as he waited for their departure. He held the hilt of his sword as he watched the other players. A new player arrived, he was a fist fighter. Kain never saw this class before, so he couldn’t help but be amazed. Hijinx was surprised to see him as she tackled him. Kain smiled and looked up into the Dun Loireag sky. He was worried about this Kurai person. He heard so much about him, he didn’t know what to think. What if he’s not at the field? What if we go there for nothing? How strong is he? Kain asked himself as he watched more players arrive at the Chaos Gate. He guessed that the group was ready to go, ready to face Kurai. Kain took a deep breath as the golden rings wrapped around his body. He could feel Marvin’s claws digging into his shoulder.

The golden rings emitted him onto the field with a little twist. Kain and the other players were stranded a good fifteen feet above the ground. Kain’s jaw dropped as he looked down. The worst thing about it was that he was stuck in the air, and could see everything. His only option was to grab on a tree or something to that effect. He looked over at his pet Manticore who was gliding to the ground. Kain looked at the nearby tree and began to descend with great speed. At first he tried to stick his sword in the tree and glide down, but that didn’t work. The tree was too thick and when the tip of the Stun Sword slammed against the bark it only made it splinter. The Heavy Blade began to fall again. There was only one thing left to do.

He stuck out his hand and reached a nearby branch. Kain’s plan was a simple one. He was going to swing from branch to branch and land on the ground without hurting himself. Too bad it wasn’t that easy to do. He managed to grab the branch successfully. Kain took a deep breath and began to swing, trying to build up enough speed to jump to the next branch. He heard a snapping sound and looked up, and saw that the branch was beginning to break. “This isn’t good,” Kain said as the branch completely snapped off. He let go of the branch and flipped his body around, something he didn’t want to happen. Now, Kain’s head was facing the ground and he was falling with tremendous speed. He flailed his arms around wildly, almost as if he was trying to fly. Of course this didn’t work and Kain slammed into the ground.

He landed on the ground with such force that he skidded a few feet. His face was red with pain as he looked around at the other players. He propped himself up on his knees and then to his feet. Kain began to rub his face as he watched the other players. They all seemed to land successfully. Hijinx even jumped on Gingitsune. Marvin walked over to Kain and rubbed against the Heavy Blade’s leg. Kain looked down at his pet and made sure that he didn’t make any comments. “Well... that was an odd field entrance."

“To say the least,” Kain replied as he fell onto his back. He spread out his arms and looked up into the sky. Now, all he could do is wait until the group decided to enter the dungeon or try and find Kurai.
Kain//Level 20// Heavy Blade//Calamity, Juk Rom, Gan Zot, Repth

Kurai
Long Arm

Post by Kurai » Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:27 pm

As the group looked around, aking in ther surroundings, they finally noticed a young woman, leaning against a giant tree. It was hard to miss her, her skin was a bright orange, her hair a short flame, dancing beautifully like hair blown in the wind.

"You're after him, arent you?" The Fire Druid stepped away from the tree, walking towards the group. A large black scorch covered the enormous tree's trunk, destroying its natural beauty. With every step toward the group, the Fire Spirit left a footstep of flame upon the leaves below her feet. "I wont let you hurt him. He's mine."

Argilus cursed underneath his breath. He said a name, his voice sounding ice cold and sharpened to daggers, "Akari." The Fire Druid looked squarely at him upon her name being mentioned. She flashed a grin. "Argilus, I never expected to see you again. The way you betrayed him... I'm sorry, but I cant call you 'Uncle' anymore. Family does not forsake their own.

The group, all watching the Mistress of Flame cautiously, kept a good distance from her, in case she was planning on attacking them. Argilus, on the other hand, walked forward. He stopped a few feet in front of her, and spoke in a low tone. "We are here to destroy him. Save face and leave, if you wish to survive as well."

Akari's eyes narrowed, her hair lengthening, a flame reaching far out behind her. Her skin turned a dark red, and her mouth upturned into a snarl. "I'll never let you hurt Kurai. You are foolish to come here, there's now no way in leaving." Akari raised her hands in the air, a joyous smile spreading across her face. She playfully turned around, and skipped a few feet back, spinning back around once she got to the tree. "BURN IN THE FLAMES OF INFERNO!"

An enormous flame erupted from her body, sending a wave of fire towards the group. Many of them instictively took cover, either from behind their weapons, or the trees nearby. The flame passed over them gently, not harming a hair on any of them. As the flame burned out, Everyone could see what was the true reason for that attack - Surrounding Argilus was 8 Imps of Flame.

-------------------------------------------------
Imps of Flame

lvl 32

Short, quick creatures, Evasion - High; Defense - Low

Attacks: Fire swipe, Fire Punch, GiVak Kruz (lvl 2 Fireball, Single target attack)
-------------------------------------------------

Kurai sat back, resting comfortably in the bottom of the dungeon, enjoying his peace, alone. He opened his eyes, and gave a face of irritability as Akari came running in the dungeon, singeing the leaves on the roof above, hundreds of feet up. She must have urgent news, Kurai thought. She usually tries to sneak in here and scare me.

Akari came running to the foot of the platform Kurai was at, bowing to the ground before him. "There are people here. People out for you, Love." Kurai closed his eyes, taking in a deep breath. He walked over to her, and beckoned for her to rise. "I told you before, you do not have to bow to me. We are equal." he then slightly narrowed his eyes, "I also told you not to call me 'love'. We are not lovers."

Kurai walked past Akari, looking towards the only entrance to his floor of the dungeon. "I take it you sent off a wave of your grunts to warm them up. Who are they?" Akari, not turning to face him, clanches her fists in front of her, out of Kurai's view. "They are... more admins," She lied, hoping to further aggrivate Kurai, "Lots of them, too. It seems like they want you deleted for sure, this time."

Kurai took in a deep breath, his right hand gently holding the Treeweaver. His left hand went up to the organic blade, and gently carressed the barbed tip, his mind lost in thought. After about a minute, he finally spoke up. "Well then, I guess I cannot have them reach here. I will have to use all my cards in this game." Kurai turned around, facing the onlooking Akari. "This time, i wont be playing for fun."
-/Treeweaver//Hunting Guard//Spirit Hauberk//Cave bear Hood//Time Sandals/-
-/Juk Doom//RaJuk Rom//MeJuk Kruz//RaJuk Zot//Dek Juka//Phal Repth//Rip Synk//Ap Do/-

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:37 pm

Nighthand cast Ap Vaks on himself as soon as he saw the Fire Druid, and was not touched by the wave of flame that passed over them all. Apparently, the Magnifier came in handy for something.

A Fire creature... interesting. I would have expected more from Kurai, from what I remember of him. He should have either more and stronger allies, or none at all...

As the flames cleared from his vision, Nighthand realized that Argilus was surrounded. He prepared to rush to the aid of his companion, when a voice in his head stopped him.

-Nighthand-
:What?: He recognized the voice as that of the soul shrine girl he had met what seemed like such a short time ago.
-Kurai, He's in the dungeon somewhere.-
:I had figured that. Any hints on how to beat him?:
-I can't tell much... The Treeweaver protects him from my sight. I can sense his power, though. Much more than it has ever been. Nighthand, I don't know if your group will be able to defeat him.-
:It doesn't matter if you think we can or not. We have to. That is all there is to it.:
-I agree. You must.-

Nighthand felt a subtle shift on his skin, and another voice came into his head.

Nighthand, I do not wish to show myself here yet. I do not wish to at all, but it must happen eventually. For now though, I can lend you my powers as your own.

You mean I can use all your skills as my own?

No, But we can use them through you, as fast as your thought. Merely tell us to, and it shall be done.

That's a big help, thank you Shard.

He felt a silent assent within him, and the voices left him. He could still feel them though, watching him over. The Girl, The SDRP, and the Cerberus, all were guarding him.

He was finally ready to fight.

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:40 pm

(OOC: I'm going to backtrack a little since Kurai posted before I got a chance to post.)

Phoenix continue to wait for the others to arrive. He began to felt sleepy from the waiting and began to pace around just to kept himself awake. He noticed that the others in the group had a way to disquise their pets. Suddenly, his thought was interruptted by the voice of Suzaku.

"You were wondering if I had a way to disquise myself also."

Phoenix look around and found Suzaku perch on a nearby roof. He lowered his head to avoid attention of other people to his pet. He turn back his attention to Suzaku and talk to her.

"Yes, I did. I'm suprised that you didn't mention this to me."

I preferred to be free to fly in the air. I do have a way to disquise myself.

"Can you do it now? I think for now that you should be hidden until it's time when your full power is needed."

"I agreed for now."

Suzaku swoop down from the roof and silently approached Phoenix from behind. The bird turned into a necklace and was already wrapped around his neck. After Suzaku turned into a necklace, he heard Gingi that the group was going to go to the field. Phoenix was suprised by the appearance of Kayin, the fist fighter, as he was beginning to head out. I didn't even know that there was a fist fighter within the group. This group gets interesting all the time. Phoenix approach the Chaos Gate and said the words... "Closed Solitary Nothingness"

The familiar three golden rings appeared around Phoenix and felt his body fading away from Dun Loireag. Suddenly his body reappeared in the sky. He saw a tree below him which was going to use to stop his freefall in the air. He pulled out his Singing Blade and dove it into the tree itself. Phoenix was beginning to slow down as the sword was moving down with him. He managed to came into a complete stop just before he plummet into a giant branch. He took his sword out of the tree and began to jump down from branch to branch until he reached the ground. He looked up onto the tree and noticed that it was tall. Very tall to be exact.

This tree could be Yggdrasil if it did exist but this tree isn't the giver of life. It's the tree of death and must be destroyed. He saw a Fire Druid along with the others. He heard Argilus called the Druid, Akari. Phoenix knew that Argilus was hiding some things but not revealing a potential enemy doesn't help to build trust. He drew out his Singing Blade and ready to fight the Druid but the woman attacked first. Phoenix thought the fire would damaged him but it miss the entire group. He thought that the woman was a joke but he was wrong as eight Imps of Flame appeared. The monsters surrounded them waiting their time to attack. Phoenix casted Ap Vakz on himself to improve his fire defense. He had his sword ready to defend any attack from the Imps of Flame.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Wish List: Phoenix's Fire, Gold Necklace
EX-Spheres: LV 3 - Overdrive, LV 3 - Curative, LV 3 - Elemental Breath

Argilus
Twin Blader

Post by Argilus » Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:04 am

Argilus, now surrounded, felt only he needed to get this done and over with. Time was constantly running against him, even if the others knew it or not. The others were a bit concerned and little confused from seeing the strange Fire Druid, Akari. Slowly Argilus reaching with his left arm pulling one of his blades from its holster, and then bending his arm slightly around his back with drawing from using it.

"You little sh*ts think you can take me on?! Leave now!" he screamed and with in the instant they began to attack with 3 fire swipes and 5 fire punches, Argilus leaped into the air landing near Nighthand. From everyone's eyes it seemed he was directly hit, but must of just missed the attack by a hair. Phoenix who was looking over gave a bit self giving though as Argilus wasn't using his new arm for some reason and had it tucked behind him.

"Alright, lets hope you guys have been leveling yourselves as much as I hope you have."

He stood back giving even more distance from the now dashing Fire Imps. Argilus' direction was faced forward bringing his blade close to his face and his bodies position leaned forward. It was an aggressive stance and he used it twice before, but only to be set for a quick kill. The tree's around seemed to darken slowly then lighten. This field wasn't "The Worlds" anymore it was Kurai's and when he claimed something he would defend it. Argilus knew that Akari was going to be a little snitch to her obsession to Kurai and that left only several minutes to clean this battle up.

Another thought came to mind as what he should of told them before he gated to this field. That the gate entrance could of killed them all. They were lucky just to fall from the sky, and not be 20 feet under ground. His new/infected arm had bonus' to it, but with more flaws than exceptions. Anyhow, his mind went straight again back to the charging Imps.

His body which seemed to fall forward like he was fainting, stuck one foot out and with it connecting to the ground he swiftly dashed ahead at the Imp in front of him. The Imp decided to give the first attack and attacked with a Fire punch. twisting his body over it, the Imp was dumbfounded with such agility that it didn't have time to witness flip around and jab it in the back several times. The Imp fell forward and limped to a fallen knee.

The raven that Argilus had as a pet seemed to squawk, knowing something a good distance away. The Raven was hovering above everyone, even the tree's. It could see something and was calling for alert. How much time did they have?
I'll be there by your side
in the land of twilight
in your dream I will go
till we find the sunrise

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Wed Jan 28, 2004 12:43 pm

Hearing vera, hijinx's eyes shift as she considers her options. "You should know better than that vera. Nothing sneaks up on a hijinx. Urbosh, time to do your trick." Snickering in it's own little way, the wyvern bounds off of hijinx's shoulders and latches on to vera's face. An explosion of water suddenly leaves vera extremely wet, as hijinx runs up the nearest tree. Using her blades to gain footing, she continues up to the top, and is greeted by her pet, who was apparently flexing and trying it's hardest to look powerful. Laughing ridiculisly hard, she nearly topples backwards off the tree top and scrambles to right herself. Vera would be after her again soon. It was just a matter of time. The rabbit was more concerned with the bird though. "Shut up bird. You make my ears hurt. Huh?" Looking down, hijinx watches as argilus squares off with the imps. "He's fast now. I wonder how that happened?"
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms

Asura
Elevated Player

Post by Asura » Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:00 pm

"Oh great. Fast, annoying imps." Asura mutters under his breath as his Seal Sword is drawn free once again from his sheath, in preparation for the barrage of attacks that would inevitably begin to happen, even though they may not be directed at him most of the time. The last round had been primarily directed towards the stronger level Argilus, though he had skillfully dodged the attacks as though they were nothing. However, after failing an attack like that, the Imps of Flame would inevitably begin attacks towards the other members of the party. After all, if one failed to defeat the highest member of a group, one than targeted the weaker members of the group. With this in mind, the Blademaster moves back a bit towards the weaker members of the Avantgarden der Dammerung, knowing that with his level he would not be able to defeat the deadly monsters alone. He would have to be careful of where he stepped.

Watch out. The image-speech of Kyouchou echoes into his mind, his body reacting almost by instinct. The green-clad Blademaster twists to the side, his entire body pivoting out of the way of a speeding punch engulfed with flame, one of the Imps travelling past him almost as though a flaming bullet. The Blademaster's leather boots crush the mulch beneath his feet, the analyzing eyes noticing the colors of the field start to shift between light and dark, giving off an eerie feel to the field that had not been there when the battle had started.

They're fast. Thanks for the warning. The words echo through his mind, likely reaching his guardian in a minor bit of telepathy, though he didn't know how their communications worked. He expected that the other guardians might have seperate ways of communicating. Another major difference was that while several of the creatures made a habit of being hidden within their partners' normal garb. This was something that Kyouchou had not done, instead remaining perfectly visible, yet untouchable by monsters unless they hit Asura as well.

Rue Zot. The spell is simply stated by Kyouchou as spear-like shards of ice shoot up from the ground beneath the imp that had attacked the pair. The imp has no time to dodge quick enough as searing blades of cold cut through it, striking a good deal of weakening damage with the elemental damage. Blood drips from the wounds opened up before they're immediately sealed up by a quick burst of fire radiating from the imp. However, the damage had been done and at least that imp was weakened a bit.

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:02 pm

Gingitsune inhaled deeply as she found herself floating so high above the enormous tree. She watched bemusedly for a moment as the others used swords to slow their descent. Gingitsune had no sword.
"Cra...." she said, but her words froze in midair as she began to fall.

Suddenly Cybele lit up, pulsating with an orange light and with a strange whirring sound created a light barrier beneath Gingitsune- which she almost managed to crack her skull upon as she fell onto it. As she dazedly recovered the barrier began to slowly descend to the ground, allowing her to leap off elegantly at the end, hoping that no one had seen how she had got onto it in the first place.

The tiara upon her head jingled lightly, Gingitsune had almost forgotten about it until it burst into the shape of Jocasta, the Sphinx. Jocasta wheeled above them on her large, angelic wings before settling down on the ground, purring and cleaning her paws in a feline manner.
Suddenly Gingitsune noticed a woman by the tree... a strange looking firey woman that Gingitsune instantly disliked.

Akari?

She heard Argilus say the name, and then a bizarre conversation ensued, which included 'Uncle' and 'Family.'

They were... related?

Before the idea could filter through her mind the Mistress of Fire shot a blazing inferno of flames toward them... Gingitsune again used the light barrier of Cybele to protect her, Jocasta ignoring that approach and taking off into the air in what Gingitsune thought was an act done simply for the effect of showing off her wings.

As the Imps of Flame appeared, however, Gingitsune relaxed the barrier and her usual amused grin again graced her face. She missed fighting, it was sad how amusing it was to fight these little creatures, but she wanted to explore the depths of her powers in Cybele, and this was a convenient way to do it.

Jocasta swept above her head, her claws out playfully, raking Gingitsune's hair and making her scowl. "Use my powers Gingitsune, we'll win much more easily!"
Gingitsune arched an eyebrow, "you're level five, your attacks are quite limited, especially if you try to claw and bite little fire creatures, don't worry Jocasta... I might need you for some aerial navigation though."
The feline queen's face went slightly icy, but she kept her composure and nodded "alright then, tell me when you need me..."

Gingitsune jumped forward to where the Imps were surrounding Argilus, beaming a smile upon them she readied Cybele, which was trembling black and hazy- ready for battle.

She spotted the Imp closest to her and called to it, causing the crazy little creature to stampede closer to her with great agility, readying it's Fire Punch for use against the Wavemistress, however Gingitsune was more than prepared. With a quick jabbing motion she sent forward a beautiful snake of light, about 8 feet long with gaping mouth and bloodthirsty fangs. The luminescent snake surged forward from the wand and 'swallowed' the small imp in it's large mouth and then imploded into a ball of blinding light, annihilating the Imp in one move...
Gingitsune smiled, the effect was quite beautiful and it was much more interesting than a normal attack...

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:24 pm

If Nighthand was really surprised when Argilus landed next to him, he didn't show it. In fact, the only thing that surprised him about the whole turn of events was the sudden spped that Arg had aquired.

The imps had hit Argilus, as far as he oculd have seen... yet somehow he had leapt out of the way unscathed. Only once before had he seen speed like that. And it was when Nall showed the powers of the Twilight Virus in the battle with Garaa. His speed then was unmatched.

Argilus fell forwards and was off, attacking the onrushing imps coming at them. At almost the same instant, Nighthand charged along with him. Arg quickly pulled ahead of him, his speed accented by something. Nighthand had a growing suspicion of what that something was... as well as what was wrong with Kurai.

Argilus dispatched the first imp, and Nighthand shifted to take a second from the front. Seeing him coming, it blasted a fireball at him. Nighthand dodged to the side, slashing as he did. The fireballwas cut in half, and his blade absorbed the power of the flame. The advantages of a fire blade. Too bad he didn't have the darkness powers at his command yet...

But I do! he suddenly realized.

Darwing upon Shard, the spell of Ani Zot was cast on the imp. A portal of darkness opened underneath it, and a ring of claws rose. Closing swiftly, they caught the imp and held it in place. Nighthand, without even slowing, Slid his sword between the claws and through the imp. The claws dropped back, pulling the corpse of the imp with them.

That made three imps taken down so far, with more to fall. Nighthand's mental tally found them all held accounted for.

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:33 pm

OOC: I thought this was a private bout. What's the current count?