Enter the World through the Theta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Kurai
Long Arm

Post by Kurai » Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:50 pm

Hijinx wrote:OOC: I thought this was a private bout. What's the current count?
OOC: Nope, not a private bout. just a little "warm up" for you all.

Sorry, bad pun. Image

Three down, five left.
-/Treeweaver//Hunting Guard//Spirit Hauberk//Cave bear Hood//Time Sandals/-
-/Juk Doom//RaJuk Rom//MeJuk Kruz//RaJuk Zot//Dek Juka//Phal Repth//Rip Synk//Ap Do/-

Kain
Player

Post by Kain » Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:44 pm

Kain was still on his back, looking up at the sky. While his pet, Marvin the Manticore, was prancing around him, bragging about landing from the fall successfully. Kain didn’t feel like getting up, he continued to lay there. Kain finally stood up when he heard two people start a conversation. He quickly hopped to his feet and looked around to see who was talking. It was the Twin Blade known as Argilus and a mysterious fire-y creature. Kain moved into a crouching position and got his Stun Sword ready for battle, he had a feeling that the fire creature was bad news. The Heavy Blade told Marvin to go hide behind some trees. He heard Argilus call the Fire Druid Akari. Akari also mentioned something about uncle. This is where Kain got completely confused. The player scratched his head as he tried to decipher the conversation. "BURN IN THE FLAMES OF INFERNO!" Kain heard Akari yell out. She then sent a wave of fire at the group of players. Kain, not one to be burned, dove into the trees where Marvin was hiding.

Kain closed his eyes as the wave went past him. He was expecting to be burnt to a crisp, but that didn’t happen. Oddly enough, no one was affected by the wave. “What was that?” Kain asked his pet. Marvin had no clue, so he just shrugged. Kain shook his head and slowly stood up. “I think it’d be best if I go out and see what happened out there, and you stay here. You’re only a level five. Don’t worry, I was that level once. You’ll be stronger soon,” Kain told the Manticore who nodded in return. He obviously didn’t want to risk his life either. Kain was glad that they both agreed. The Heavy Blade ran back out into the open and was shocked to see eight Fire Imps surrounding Argilus. He didn’t know how strong they were, and he wasn’t really sure that he’d be able to take one by himself. Kain held up his Stun Sword and was ready to fight. His Avantgarden der Dämmerung friend, Asura, moved back closer to Kain. He obviously knew that the Heavy Blade would need a little help. Kain looked over to Asura and nodded right before he charged at one of the imps.

Kain held his blade high into the air and got ready to take down one of the imps. So far, to his knowledge three imps were defeated; Asura was fighting with one, so that left four imps for the rest of the players to fight with. He continued his charge. One of the imps must have seen this and ran at Kain. The player, not one to back down, leapt into the air and brought his Stun Sword down. The imp, quite nimble, dodged this attack easily and threw his head straight into Kain’s chest. The Heavy Blade fell to the ground, and the imp pounced on his limp body. The monster bounced off Kain and then waited for him to get up. He put his sword into the ground and used it to help him up. He took a moment to catch his breath then removed the sword from the ground. The imp was waiting for this and punched Kain in the chest. He stumbled back a little bit. The imp used this as an advantage and performed another punch. This time its fist was covered in fire and it landed square on Kain’s face. The force of the punch sent Kain flying back to where Asura was.

Kain rubbed his face, trying to rid himself of the burning sensation. It didn’t work. He could almost feel the smoke coming out from his face. Kain pulled himself to his feet and looked around for the imp; it was nowhere to be found. The Heavy Blade knew that this would definitely lead to problems. He shook his head, it was still burning, and it would be very hard for him to fight under these conditions. Then, Kain heard someone or something screaming. Kain recognized the voice immediately. “Marvin,” the name just escaped his mouth as he charged back into the area where the Manticore was told to stay. He could see the imp attacking the helpless Manticore. If Kain couldn’t put up a fight against one of these critters then how was Marvin supposed to hold his own? “Marvin, watch out! Those imps are strong!” Kain yelled out as he ran by passing his blade across the imp’s abdomen.

“Kain, thank you,” Marvin said as he ran behind the Heavy Blade. “You go fight the monster and I’ll go be the look out in case any more try and attack you.” Kain made a snort. He liked how Marvin gave him the orders. Yet, he knew this was the best thing to do, so he nodded. The imp turned around and glared at the player. He took a few steps back, trying to give himself enough room to dodge another ‘Fire Punch’ from the imp. “Ap Do!” Kain heard the Manticore shout. “I think you’ll need this.” Kain felt the spell passing through his body. Now, he was a lot faster, but nowhere close to the imp’s speed. Too bad Kain didn’t know this and he ran straight at the monster. The imp sidestepped the hasty player and he ran straight into a tree. His Stun Sword got stuck in the trunk and now his back was facing the imp.

The monster of fire took its time walking to the helpless Heavy Blade. He was still trying to pull his sword out of the tree. Now he had both his feet on the trunk on either side of the sword, tugging his hardest. The imp was making some kind of grunting sound as it moved closer to Kain. The monster wrapped both of its arms around the player’s waist and hurled him over its back. Kain landed in an awkward position on his neck and the monster came barreling after him. The Heavy Blade got to his feet as quickly as possible; the Ap Do was still in effect. The imp’s hands began to glow with the same fire as they did when the monster used the ‘Fire Punch’ technique. Kain took a step back and held up his sword ready to block the punch. To his surprise the imp used a sweeping attack that knocked Kain out of the area. He crashed into the Blade Master known as Asura, and fell straight to the ground.

Kain rubbed his head as he looked up at the two imps that were coming closer to the pair of players. “This could lead to problems.”
Kain//Level 20// Heavy Blade//Calamity, Juk Rom, Gan Zot, Repth

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:13 am

Scratching his backside and yawning, urbosh looked down with hijinx at the spectacle of kain. Frowning, hijinx only looks at the creature with a slightly annoyed look. Grabbing him out of the air, she holds him in front of her face and levels his eyes with hers. "You know, you should really be helping." Rolling his eyes, he holds up his claws and pretends to be helpless. "Oh very well then. Ap do. Are you satisfied?" As the enchantment kicked in, hijinx only smiled. Urbosh squirmed in her grasp, seeing a twinkle and spark in her eye. "What are you going to do? No, no,no,no,no, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO......! " Screaming bewilderly, the pet speeds downward involuntarily towards one of the imps attacking kain. The force of the throw from hijinx was enough to keep him from breaking away as he sped headlong into the imp, who was rather surprised when the frightened wyvern used his watery tornado. Being of a low level, it did almost no damage, but it did cool the creatures down, as well as make a lovely cloud of steam, from which came a large thud. The steam quickly rose, leaving a smiling rabbit standing atop a dizzy, catatonic imp. Leaning over and patting urbosh on the head, she gives him a hug and sends him back to the trees to recover. Angered at this out-rage, the other imp springs for hijinx, who dodges in all manner of ridiculus poses with her increased speed. Rolling backwards and up a tree, she bounces off lightly as the imp, throwing a little too much of his weight behind his attack, went careening into it. Managing to avoid serious injury by spinning during collision, it turns and finds an electric blade in it's face, many times. Twitching, and spasming, it falls over, as the one hijinx had used to cushion her fall stood up in a daze and shook it's head.

OOC: 4 more. :bunny:
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."

Zavier_D
Awakened Player

Post by Zavier_D » Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:30 am

“Hmm…A test. Kurai must really think low of us for this…” Zavier thought as he watched the fight begin. Kurai must have thought that they were low level fighters…or at least fighters who hadn’t a clue how to fight. Zavier readied himself, yet he felt Bahamut stir within him.

“What is the matter Bahamut? Why are you interfering?”

“Wouldn’t it be wise to let me fight? We want you to be injured, and I could help you destroy these abominations with true efficiency.”

“That may well be true, but you have to remember that at this moment, you’re a trump card. Kurai must never know that you are here. He may see some of the other pets, but he cannot know that I have one, and when the opportunity presents itself, we must be ready to attack. But, until then, you will have to wait inside of me, unless it turns out that I will be in serious harm.”

“Might I make a suggestion then?” The Guardian seemed to have understood the reasoning behind the venture and talked in a much mo re calming voice. “You were about to rush in there with your Jinsaran, your fire-based sword, and hope to outmaneuver these fire apparitions. Why don’t you just use your Water Dragon form? It would help you a great deal I would think.”

Zavier thought it over. True, he hadn’t thought of using his Water Dragon…but, his Jinsaran would be at a disadvantage, the fire powers of the weapons healing the apparitions. If he were to use his form, his weapon would become Water Elemental…sure, why not?

Zavier called upon the Water Dragon, and it responded instantaneously. Although he could feel the fierceness of the fire surrounding the apparitions across his body, it soon was dulled and then cast away by the cool, gentle yet sturdy water aura that surrounded him. He closed his eyes, and for those few moments he was able to suspend his worries, his doubts, and all his fears…and hew as able to think of Tokki, the Ice Mistress. Soon the transformation was complete, and he was ready. As the Blue wings sprouted on his back he rushed to join the fighting.

Hijinx, Kain, and other fighters had already defeated some of the monsters. However one of the imps sited him and ran towards him at startling speed. “Interesting,” Zavier thought as he used his own powers to increase his speed. As they neared each other Zavier zoomed and then braked, sending part of his watery aura into the imp. For a moment the imp became dazed and Zavier smiled. He used his wings to carry him high into the air, a flip that was aided by the fact that his wings were able to carry him. As he reached the air he stopped his wings and let himself turn into a freefall. As he zoomed towards the air he made no sound, his aura causing a more or less blanket of rain that stopped him from jarring the air. As he saw the imp, he smiled.

The monster obviously had been stunned just enough to be confused as to where Zavier was. It looked around, and as it was about to fight another it casually looked up. It’s eyes went wide as it saw a winged figure rushing towards it. It tried to move with its speed, but Zavier had already picked up enough speed from his free flight. As he came into range of the monster he beat his wings, giving him a surprising burst of speed. The imp couldn’t compensate. Zavier’s sword slashed the monster, and damaged it, a section of its body permanently out of flame.

The monster was tossed backwards from the impact. As Zavier’s feet hit the ground, he quickly bounded towards the monster, his own body going horizontal. As he came within range the monster stopped itself, facing him. Zavier’s knee rammed into its chest and as it reeled in pain, he punched it with all of his might in the face. The creature flew into the air and Zavier rushed to meet it. He grabbed it tight and flew even higher, allowing his aura to weaken the monster’s resistance. As he reached a decent height he launched himself towards the ground, this time beating his wings to make him go even faster. “This is so that your master Kurai knows what he’s dealing with!” As they came into range of the ground Zavier shifted his weight, slamming the imp into the digital ground.

Zavier stood up, a grin on his face. The imp lay in a small crater, trying to get up. The look it gave Zavier was full of rage and indignation. Zavier brought his sword in front of him and the monster’s look changed. It still had rage…but now, Zavier sensed fear. His rage cooled and he slightly bowed his head. “I’m sorry, but it must be done.” In one swift moment he brought his sword into the heart of the beast, spinning it into data.

After a few moments, his resolve renewed once more Zavier looked towards the fighters. “Let’s see…just a few more, and we’ll get some real action.”

(OOC: 3 left…)
Level:33
SP: 170
Skills:Rue Crack/Rue Revolver/Ap Ganz/ Rip Synk
Equipment: Heavenly Sword/ Grand Armor/ Forester Helm/ Rusted Hands/ Flare Guard/Thunder Cloak
Items:1 Sprite Ocarnia/3 Healing Drinks/Komura/Head Gear/5 Ressurect/2 Knight's Bane/1 Vak Rom/1 Rue Rom
Dragons: Wood, Bronze, Iron, Water

http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/DIVER ... c=6055&hl=

strato
Elevated Player

Post by strato » Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:08 am

Lakely was walking towards his companions when he heard the beginnings of conversation. He glanced around and saw that Argilus was speaking with a creature that closely resembled a fire druid. "Hmm... Who is that?" Lakely thought only seconds before Argilus called the druid "Akari." As she had heard this she quickly replied to him, "Argilus, I never expected to see you again. The way you betrayed him... I'm sorry, but I cant call you 'Uncle' anymore. Family does not forsake their own."

The words that Akari spoke ran through Lakely's head and drove him beyond confusion into a state of awe. The rest of the conversation between the two was all unclear aside from the last thing that Akari said which brought back Lakely's attention, "BURN IN THE FLAMES OF INFERNO!"

As Akari yelled, flames erupted from her body and a wave was sent towards the group of fighters. As Lakely saw the fire he grabbed his Absorber and quickly attempted to cover himself from the fire. He had narrowly escaped any harm from the flames but noticed that from the flames eight Imps of Flame had emerged and were surrounding Argilus. All of Lakely's companions and himself claimed an Imp of Flame as they moved off to fight them. The platinum haired heavy blade dashed forward at an Imp of Flame and taunted it to follow him. Lakely stopped as he heard a voice in his head, "Don't fight it alone, I can help you in this battle." He was well aware of whom the voice belonged to and he reached in his pocket, removing the tablet. As he stood in place he dropped the tablet onto the ground and held his blade high. "Ok!! Come on out Vasuki!" He dropped the blade down as the tip crashed into the stone tablet and a bright light emanated from the small object. As the light began to dim Vasuki could be seen slithering up Lakely's Absorber and onto his shoulders before dropping to the floor.

The Imp of Flame had been temporarily stunned as the light emerged but after it had vanished the creature moved in quickly and performed a "Fire Punch" technique. As the Imp's fist flew toward Lakely the fire swirled around it surrounding it completely. As the heavy blader gained his vision back he saw the flames dashing along the creature as it approached him and barely dodged the Imp's attack as he leaned backwards away from the creature. "Ap Do" Vasuki cast the spell on Lakely to try to even up the bout between the two. The Imp made it's way back to Lakely and dashed at him again but without using "Fire Punch" this time. As it neared its target, the heavy blader jumped back and as he landed he swung his Absorber forward. The small Imp of Flame easily avoided the attack and then began moving in again. As it approached Lakely it was suddenly stopped inches from Lakely as large blades of cold ice tear through the creature and continue to do so as the Imp is assaulted by the ice. Lakely glanced over at Vasuki "Phew.. Thanks a lot Vasuki. That Rue Zot came in at the last moment." Lakely telepatically spoke to Vasuki and he replied to the heavy blader, "No need to thank me. Just go and finish that Imp off." Lakely nodded to show his understanding and turned his attention to the recovering Imp.

As the blocks of ice began to disappear from sight the Imp exploded in flames and closed the wounds that it had gained from the Rue Zot spell. The creature hadn't sustained much damage but was now weakened a bit. As the flames from the creature died down it thrust its fists into the air and they burst into flames. The Imp of Flame was preparing for another "Fire Punch" attack.

(OOC: I think the count is that Asura, Kain, and myself are fighting the remaining 3 Imps. Correct me if I'm wrong.)

THIS SIG NEEDS TO BE UPDATED

Name: Lakely

Lvl 23 Heavy Blade (110 SP)

9,000 GP

Equipment: Life Sword, Face Guard, Wrist Band, Noble Cloak, Safety Shoes

Skills: Gan Smash, Death Bringer, Rue Zot, Juk Rom, Ol Repth, Ap Ruem

Spare Equipment: Light Giver, Absorber, Horse-Killer

Guardian: Vasuki the Naga King (Lv. 9)

Golden Orb is: A bit more intense.

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Thu Jan 29, 2004 7:06 pm

Phoenix quickly saw the others began to dispatch the eight Imps of Flame and realize that he had no imp to fight. He didn't want to interfere with the others fighting those imps since they were really quick. The imps were focusing on the others which lead Phoenix time to think. Argilus, you know more than you're letting on. If we continue on without the complete knowledge of this mission, our chances of survival are not that good. Even with the knowledge, our survival will be better but not that much. It's time to find the truth.

Phoenix saw Argilus just finshing off one of the Imps of Flame. He began to approached him with his sword still drawn out to fend off the Imps and to threaten him. Phoenix managed to sneak up behind Argilus and had his sword on his neck. He whispered into his ear.

"I have enough of the deceptions. I was willing to accept it but it seems that it isn't just Kurai but someone else. Maybe Gingistune and the others wouldn't question your motives but I'm not like that. I don't like suprises especially the ones where you already know them. I would like to have our chances of survival to be better. Either you tell me what you know about what happen to Kurai and you or I cut your neck. You have an level advantage over me but even your speed couldn't save you now."

Phoenix knew what he was doing was wrong especially at a time like this but everyone should know what the truth really is. He felt sorry for this action and hopefully won't get him killed.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Wish List: Phoenix's Fire, Gold Necklace
EX-Spheres: LV 3 - Overdrive, LV 3 - Curative, LV 3 - Elemental Breath

Kain
Player

Post by Kain » Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:42 pm

{OOC: Strato, there are two imps left, the one you're fighting and another.}

Kain’s legs were tangled with Asura’s and he wasn’t able to move. He stuck his Stun Sword in the ground, trying to use it as a leverage to help him up. This failed to work as well. The imps kept advancing; they were as fast as ever. “Well Asura, seeing as how we can’t get up, I guess it’s the end. It was nice knowing you,” Kain said as one of the imps’ hands began to glow. It was preparing to use on of its fire attacks. The Heavy Blade stuck his face into the ground. He didn’t want to see the monsters land the final blow. Knowing that he and Asura couldn’t untangle their legs a few ‘Fire Punches’ could end their lives. Kain then heard the sound of a spell going off and then a large thud. He sprang up, somehow coming loose from Asura. “Figures,” Kain said as he watched the imps. Hijinx, the cunning rabbit, was sitting on top of one, and the other was trying to attack her. After some swift moves the rabbit finished off the imp that was trying to attack her.

“Thanks Hijinx,” Kain said as he stood next to her. It wasn’t the first time that the rabbit had saved him, or at least healed him. He looked over at her and smiled. “I’ll take the next one.” This imp was injured from a Rue Zot cast by Asura’s pet, a Rue Rom from Hijinx’s pet, and from Hijinx landing on him. Kain had a feeling he’d be able to take it down. He looked into his robes and found out that he had a few Ice Floes to use. Just incase, Kain told himself as he patted his robes. The imp was getting to its feet and shaking its head. Kain put the tip of his blade on the ground and let go of it with his left hand. He tugged down on his hood and then combed the strands of brown hair that stuck out of the black hood. He lifted up his sword and charged at the imp.

Kain performed a vertical slash, but the monster jumped back. His blade fell into the ground again. The imp, as nimble as it is, decided to run up Kain’s blade. With a shove, the Heavy Blade pushed his might sword over and it fell on top of the imp. He lifted the blade up and stuck it through the creature’s stomach. This was the first real attack Kain got on one of these critters. He jumped back, being the fair fighter that he is, waiting for the imp to get to its feet. When the monster finally did this Kain performed a horizontal strike. He cut across its chest again, the monster staggered back and dropped to a knee. Kain stuck the sword in the ground and put his hands on his hips, he was confident that the monster was defeated. “Now, I need to find Marvin,” Kain announced as he pulled his sword out of the ground and ran off to Marvin.

“Marvin! Where are you?” Kain shouted as he passed by some trees. His little ‘guardian’ was nowhere in sight. The tiny Manticore was one who would run off and hide from Kain. The Heavy Blade, on the other hand wasn’t the type who enjoyed playing around at serious times such as this. He was really getting fed up with this, all the trees were the same, and he couldn’t remember where he left the critter. “This is pointless,” Kain said as he stuck his sword into the ground and fell to both of his knees. He turned his head around to see if the Manticore was there, he wasn’t. Kain shook his head and stood up. I guess I better go meet up with everyone else, Kain told himself as he heard a sound. “Mar…” the player was cut off by an imp jumping on his back. This was the same imp that Kain thought he slaughtered.

The Fire Imp stood up on Kain’s back and began jumping around, inflicting more damage with each jump. “Kain, were you looking for me?” Marvin asked, as he popped his head out of the ground. The crafty little animal made a tiny burrow while he was waiting for his Heavy Blade friend. “It looks like you’re a little busy, I’ll just wait for you to finish,” Marvin said as he sunk back into the ground. The imp hopped off of Kain, lifted the player up and swung him over its shoulder. The monster then snapped the player down. His head smacked against the ground and the force from impact made him bounce a few feet. The imp was making a sort of laughing sound. Kain pulled himself to his feet, a tad dazed, and looked at the imp. The monster was already preparing another attack. Kain dropped his Stun Swords and reached into his robes. The monster was coming closer, and Kain had to pull his item out quick. The imp leapt into the air, ready to take Kain down.

“Here goes,” Kain said as he released an Ice Floe on the imp. The Ice Floe released the spell: Rue Kruz. The chunks of ice converged against the monster and he fell to the ground. Kain moved closer to the imp, it was slumped over. Steam was escaping from its body, just like it did when Hijinx’s pet performed the Rue Rom on the imp. Kain raised his Stun Sword high into the air, and he brought it down with great speed. With a little grunt from the imp, its head was chopped off. The imp of flame then turned to data. “Marvin, come out now,” Kain said. His pet climbed out of the ground and walked over to Kain. His pet hopped on his shoulder and the pair walked back to the group.

“I just got rid of one imp,” Kain announced proudly to the group. He looked at everyone; he wanted to see where the other two were. Lakely was fighting one imp and that left one more. His eyes than fixed on Phoenix and Argilus, Phoenix had his blade around Argilus’ neck. What’s Phoenix doing?

{OOC: Two Left}
Kain//Level 20// Heavy Blade//Calamity, Juk Rom, Gan Zot, Repth

Argilus
Twin Blader

Post by Argilus » Fri Jan 30, 2004 6:52 am

Phoenix had Argilus in a hold along with his blade with in an inch of his neck. It had caught Argilus completely off guard, and would of expected it to be Kurai but it wasn't. Argilus had not been very social with this character and planned not to be. The table was turned and Argilus would need to ease the pressure in his current situation.

Bringing up his left arm, still blade in hand, Argilus brought it up above his head in front of him. Phoenix smirked and brought his sword softly against his neck.

"Don't test me, your only pushing my buttons now." Phoenix spoke gritting his teeth. Only a few people were caught to their attention, and the fire Imp's were still attacking some of the players. The clacking sound of weapon hitting against armor only echo'd in short distance, bouncing off tree's and back to the battle field. Still Argilus' arm was still raised, and his fingers only tightened for a moment, and then his left hand just released the blade, leaving it fall to the ground stuck in it's point down. Phoenix blinked for a moment not sure what his reason was, he just wanted answers.

"Phoenix right? Your are pretty smart, I wouldn't trust me either looking from your point of view. I asked Gingisune for help, not yours directly. You only heard my plea that would be somewhat related to your situation. Your here to bring down Kurai correct?!" he began to raise his voice as soon as his sentence ran near the end.

Phoenix only clenched his still fastened arm around Argilus. " Your tricking us, leading us to a trap, I can see it! It's written all over you as your hiding information that we need to know! Tell us, or I'll just flinch a bit and have your blood spill!"

" I am unarmed" Argilus said moving his left hand back down to his side, his right arm still securely set behind his back. "In fact, you should be careful, right now I could kill you in an instant, and though I choose not to is the point I need your help or myself and everyone else will be killed. It's your choice now to let go of me or I'll have your head rolling." he threatened. Phoenix's face stiffened and began to morph to a tighten anger'd set of emotion. He didn't like being threaten and in seconds he was telling himself to do it, to slice his throat. It was with in that instant Argilus' right hand which has been still set behind back thrusting outward pushing Phoenix backwards. Argilus twirled around and with drew his other blade with his left hand slashing up the sword away back to Phoenix's side. Phoenix began to fall back amazed and shocked he was able to be caught off guard even on guard.

Argilus shot his right hand up grabbing for Phoenix 's face. His palm directly set against his nose. They both were frozen, Argilus had the remote of the situation and it was his call whether or not to change things. The vines on Argilus' arm began to slowly move as it they were twirling back to strike.

"I do not with to kill you with this arm that has been created from our enemy. It would of been his pleasure to watch you die by his own creation....you under stand?" Argilus warned. It was Phoenix's choice now to lay off and follow the way things were set, or with draw and have to deal with one more foe.
I'll be there by your side
in the land of twilight
in your dream I will go
till we find the sunrise

Vera
Exalted Player

Post by Vera » Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:24 pm

Vera yawned and simply watched the fighting as she looked around and snuck back up too Hijynx. "Hey bunny, seen Gingitsune anywhere?"
Weapon: Shadow Guns
Armor: GunnerHeadband|Gunner Cloak|Dark Gunner Gloves|Shadow Anklet
Skills:Rapid Shot|Ani Eater|Ap Torv|La Repth|Ani Kruz
Money:8608
Items:Many
Power: Night Vision and Blindness Immune
Wishlist: More Ultra Light Gunner Equipment

Golden Orb is Currently: faint blue glow

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Sat Jan 31, 2004 6:41 am

Phoenix knew that he had Argilus in a very good position but Argilus decided to raise his left arm with his blade in his hand. I don't know if he wants to die but I think I need to remind him of his position. Phoenix smirked and reinforced his position with his sword almost about to cut his neck.

"Don't test me, you're only pushing my buttons." Phoenix said to Argilus. Phoenix's own patience was beginning to dwindle as Argilus stood there with his arm still raised. Suddenly, he dropped his blade which dropped into the ground. Phoenix felted somewhat relieved for a second as he was about to cut Argilus's neck.

"Phoenix, right? You're pretty smart. I wouldn't trust me either looking from your point of view. I asked Gingisune for help, not yours directly. You only heard my plea that would be somewhat related to your situation. You're here to bring down Kurai correct?!" Arglius said to Phoenix. Argilus managed to only anger Phoenix a little bit more as he tighten his arm around the Argilus and said. "You're tricking us, leading us to a trap, I can see it! It's written all over you as you're hiding information that we need to know! Tell us, or I'll flinch a bit and have your blood spill!"

Argilus immediately replied to Phoenix's last statement. "I am unarmed." After the reply, Argilus put his left arm down. Phoenix was trying to figure if Argilus was going to try something again. Instead of an action from Argilus, it was another statement. "In fact, you should be careful, right now I could kill you in an instant, and though I choose not to is the point I need your help or myself and everyone else will be killed. It's your choice now to let go of me or I'll have your head rolling." Phoenix convinced himself to kill him now since he won't getting his answers now. He was about to cut Argilus's neck when his right arm forced Phoenix to break the hold. He quickly tried to regain his position against Argilus but Argilus's speed managed to get his dropped blade and parry Phoenix's sword. I didn't expect this at all. He has some great .... Before Phoenix could finish his thought, Argilus grabbed Phoenix's face. Phoenix felt the fear of death again as he froze in place. He saw the vines from Argilus's arm beginning to form an attack.

"I do not want to kill you with this arm that has been created from our enemy. It would of been his pleasure to watch you die by his own creation... you understand?" Argilus warned Phoenix.

This isn't the time to risk a battle with Argilus. Your answers will have to wait. Suzaku said to Phoenix in his mind. I'm suprised that you didn't say anything earlier when I was approaching Argilus from behind. Phoenix said to Suzaku. I silently agreed to your plan and wanted to know about Argilus and Kurai. After talking to Suzaku, Phoenix lowered his sword and said to Argilus in a displeased fashion. "I won't try to fight you now since I would probably get killed now. I was even suprised myself when I attack you from behind to get the truth. I'm sure that Gingisune and your friends from the past wouldn't question you. You need to know something though. Things change. You can't expect everyone to follow you blindly. Now, I suggest that we continue on to the dungeon." Phoenix began to walk towards the dungeon area and stop for a second. He looked at Argilus and said sadly, "I don't want anyone else to be a victim on my trail of misery." Phoenix continue to walk towards the dungeon regardless if the others were following him or not.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Wish List: Phoenix's Fire, Gold Necklace
EX-Spheres: LV 3 - Overdrive, LV 3 - Curative, LV 3 - Elemental Breath

Tokki
Enlightened Player

Post by Tokki » Sat Jan 31, 2004 1:52 pm

The Ice Queen floated somewhere. Not upright if any correct direction could be divulged from the blatant nothingness which she currently inhabited. Her eyes lay open yet saw nothing. Codes in the game flashed before her eyes in scrolling motions from left to right. Distortions in the game were apparent with random high pitched noises filtering through her mind at random times. Her blue hair seemed to be waving as if wind were passing through it, but it was merely frozen in a blown back position and no movement was occuring with it at all. Though she could not move, she could in fact think.

"Where the hell am I? What happened to me? Where is everyone?" There were a million questions to be asked, but could they be answered. She wondered how long she had been gone. If anyone missed her or wondered about her whereabouts. It wasn't as if she had given them much hope of her being around a lot. She had dissappeared before and only came back for a brief moment when she did last return. Before she drifted off into an area where she could not recognize anything anymore, she caught hold of something warm. Something with warmth within the game and it called to her. Her icy cool fingers lashed out at it and found it was enveloped in it. She willed herself closer to it, and it in turn pulled her in. She fell into it's embrace and found herself returning towards life in The World. Breath filled her character, and suddenly she found herself standing near the gate in Dun Loireag. Not standing really-- kneeling down. Her eyes were facing her feet, and her weapon lay next to her without any energy flowing through it-- as if it needed a jump start.

The Ice Queen placed a single finger at the shaft of her weapon, and a bright light emanated from it for a split second, and afterwards a subtle glow. The mistglaive was still in tact, and it seemed the queen of ice had returned. But with what changes... and for how long?

The words echoed in the background of Dun Loireag...

"God is a girl
Whatever you say
Do you believe it?
Can you receive it?

There is a sky illuminating us
Someone is out there that we truly trust
There is a rainbow for you and me
A beautiful sunrise... eternally..."

"Indeed," she thought.
Tokki | Lv. 29 | Long Arm | Mistglaive | Kagayuzen | Time Headband | Rue Repulse | Rue Doom | GiRue Kruz | Rue Rom | Death | Ap Do | Miu Lei | Gan Don | Life Drain | No Damage | MeRue Rom

Wishlist: Undecided

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Sat Jan 31, 2004 3:57 pm

Gingitsune stepped back to watch all of her team mates battling. She realized now the power of Cybele, and how it ruined her fun. It would be simple to destroy all of the little imps in a flashing second, but that was uninteresting. She swung Cybele around in a circle in front of her as if she were twirling a baton, and with one deft leap launched herself into the branches of the strange tree, with Jocasta in tow.

"Are we not going to fight?" asked the volatile feline, flexing her lethal claws in and out of their soft paws.

Gingitsune shook her head, "It's alright Jocasta, don't worry about the imps, allow the others to warm up. It's a good exercise, but Cybele makes it so damn easy it's lost all of its fun for me basically, frying imps is unnecessary."

Jocasta swung her head around to look her mistress in the eye,
"If you say so, though I don't see why you're acting this way- wait, this isn't about the imps, I'm not silly, this is about Kurai..."

Gingitsune warily brought her hand up and brushed a strand of hair loose from the branch that had snagged it, patting it back into place.

"Well... Yes. I think that it should be something that would be bothering all of us, though the newer players don't know Kurai, he is just... another enemy to them perhaps, but I know him, and Argilus and Nighthand and Hijinx... I will fight Kurai, if it's necessary, but I sure as hell won't kill him. I refuse. Nall died, perhaps he died in real life, did you think of that? Maybe the moment that he was cut permanently from the World, some boy in the real world suddenly stopped breathing, his parents shocked around him, doctors rushing in... Medical equipment... What if the same thing happens to Kurai? Would we be murderers then? Real ones?"

Jocasta swished her tail back and forth and sighed a loud, angry lion-like sigh.
"You think too much into these things Gingitsune, just let everything happen as it happens, hmm, how do you say it? Ah, 'Go With the Flow!' "

This strange outburst brought a grin from Gingitsune, who was crouching upon a stout branch. She stood up, and balanced delicately, then jumped down in the midst of the fight.

Her sharp eyes percieved the conflict between Argilus and Phoenix and Cybele twitched into an irritated green mood, this was definately not the time for such a thing, but she would leave them to it, any interference could cause even more anger on both sides.

She noticed an imp that was free from engagement and sighed, walking towards it and preparing Cybele. Perhaps she could make it more interesting for herself and not use any of her magic. A placid grin crossed her face, and she inspected the sharpness of the almost crossed blade that topped her wand. The imp spun around, percieving that it was watched and sending an attack her way, Gingitsune deftly dodged to the side and used a speed charm, blasting forward toward the creature. With a small leap she had both knocked into it, and knicked it's small head off cleanly. The imp turned to dust and Jocasta rolled her eyes from the air.
"I thought that you were against unnecessary violence? she said, raising a delicately arched eyebrow.

Gingitsune shrugged innocently as she wiped the blade on the soft grass.
"I have to keep in practise..."

Kayin
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Kayin » Sat Jan 31, 2004 11:41 pm

Kayin followed behind the group and stood back from the fight, still trying to comprehed exactly what kind of situation he had wandered back into... But as he watched the fighting, slowly the realization hit him harder, he had been idle far too long, his skills were statistically lacking compared to those of the group now.

"Well, I've been in worse situations..." he said lowly as he continued to just watch. But his mind was stumbling acrossed the question How much can I really do, I haven't explored this class much at all
Level :24
Equip: Absorbtion, Raccoon Earcap, Wyrm Scale, Miner's Gloves, Mountain Boots
Skills: Groundbreaker, Dek Corv, Life Drain, La Repth, Rue Kruz, Gan Don, Ap Corv

"Give me one.... Wait! Screw one, Give me twenty good reasons!"

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Sun Feb 01, 2004 1:05 am

Nighthand was, for the first time since really joining this group, terrified.

The group was splitting itself apart.

They were on a quest to find and perhaps kill a former ally, Kurai.

Phoenix was fighting Argilus for answers they all wanted.

Vers had only recently returned only to chase after Hijinx with death in her eyes.

The new people were seperated from the group, almost forming a second team.

He was practically alone in a corner.

Gingi wasn't pulling them together...

And Nighthand was scared.

Finally, as the final goblin was dispatched, Nighthand felt it was too much. Something in his mind opened, and once again he found himself longing for something. Something more powerful, to call his own. Something to complete him.

Nighthand leapt onto a tree branch and strode out along it's thickness, until he was almost above the rest of the group.

"My fellow Player, and friends. Please, listen to me."

His words, spoken as loud as he could, halted nearly all the activity below.

"Look at us. We're here to fight someone possibly stronger than all of us together, and yet, here we are, fighting amongst ourselves. We need to come together, we need to act as one.

"Vera, stop hunting the rabbit. I know she has done some things in the past, making you angry, but she means well, despite her nature. Think about it, without all the pranks she's pulled, we would have all long since passed into despair and broken apart.

"Phoenix, i know you want answers. We all do. I'm sure we'll find out in due time what Argilus and Kurai have done, and what is in store for us.

"Look at us. We have Gingi as our leader, yet we stray. Gingi, and Asgard, may he recover, and even Nall, may his soul rest in peace. We need to have a plan. Right now Argilus has a plan, has something for us to do... And face it, without something to do, we'd be lost, afraid, alone, and useless.

"People listen to me, we nee to get along."

Nighthand finished his speech with that, and leapt back off the branch. he walked over to Gingi and knelt before her.

"I beg of you, unite us into one, somehow."

(ooc: and with the end of his speech, kurai came out of the dungeon and joined hands with them and they all sang kumbayah, then kurai killed them all)

Vera
Exalted Player

Post by Vera » Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:22 pm

Vera's eyes twitched as she heard Nighthand. "Fine, if you insist, but Gingitsune is mine." she said as she rushed off to attack Gingitsune like normal
Weapon: Shadow Guns
Armor: GunnerHeadband|Gunner Cloak|Dark Gunner Gloves|Shadow Anklet
Skills:Rapid Shot|Ani Eater|Ap Torv|La Repth|Ani Kruz
Money:8608
Items:Many
Power: Night Vision and Blindness Immune
Wishlist: More Ultra Light Gunner Equipment

Golden Orb is Currently: faint blue glow