Enter the World through the Theta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Kurai
Long Arm

Post by Kurai » Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:50 am

Phoenix512 wrote:(OOC: I'm confused about something. If one person makes a decision, does that decision apply to everyone else or everyone makes their own decision to go into either of the two doors.)
((OOC: Sorry, i should have made that clear. Yes, it applies to you all, as a group.))
-/Treeweaver//Hunting Guard//Spirit Hauberk//Cave bear Hood//Time Sandals/-
-/Juk Doom//RaJuk Rom//MeJuk Kruz//RaJuk Zot//Dek Juka//Phal Repth//Rip Synk//Ap Do/-

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:53 pm

Phoenix entered the dungeon with the others and noticed the random roots that made up the interior of the dungeon. He turned his attention to Argilus as he was giving info about the dungeon. At least, Argilus has decided to tell us some important things about this overgrown tree. Stat enhancers are useless here. We could probably need them. Phoenix entered the next room along with the others and noticed a blackened tree. As he got closer to the tree, he noticed a stone tablet with a message. He didn't noticed the two doors, Death and Life, until after reading the message. Phoenix realized the meaning of the message and the relation to the doors. He spoke to the group in general.

"I think I know which door is the correct one. The door is Death based on this reasoning. In the message, One gives redemption to what one has lost refers to Death as you can gain redemption if you lose your life to save another or idea. The Life door is probably a trap since life is mostly about hardship and right now, our lives have been full of hardship and loss. I'm pretty sure about this."

Phoenix walked towards the Death door. He didn't care if the others did agree with him or not. He was willing to put his life on this choice and hopefully, it won't kill the group. Phoenix was in a few feet away from the door. His right arm was slowly reaching towards the door and managed to grab the handle of the door. He pulled the Death towards him and saw this bright light. Well, Suzaku. Let's go into the light and hopefully one step closer to Kurai and the source of the evil here. Phoenix walked into the light which the opened Death door emitted.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Wish List: Phoenix's Fire, Gold Necklace
EX-Spheres: LV 3 - Overdrive, LV 3 - Curative, LV 3 - Elemental Breath

Asura
Elevated Player

Post by Asura » Sat Feb 14, 2004 7:10 pm

Asura calmly follows behind the party, navigating the roots towards the door gracefully, trying to use as little energy in the process that could be spent the next time a fight arose. The party arrives at a crossing, two doors marked Life and Death, as well as a message that shows what to do in an almost poetic form. Of course, the Blademaster did not care for poems, instead carefully picking it apart for the hidden nuances that may be hidden.

"I think I know which door is the correct one. The door is Death based on this reasoning. In the message, One gives redemption to what one has lost refers to Death as you can gain redemption if you lose your life to save another or idea. The Life door is probably a trap since life is mostly about hardship and right now, our lives have been full of hardship and loss. I'm pretty sure about this." Phoenix says this to the entire party, having worked out his own logic. It makes sense in most ways, considering that giving one's life to an ideal can be considered redemption for oneself.

"Hmm... I don't truly know. It could be the other door. After all, people always say do not take the easy way out. The door marked Life could be the fact that one must face hardships to reach anything good. The door marked Death might be an easy way out, leading to nothing that could help us in the end, no?" Asura says this also aloud to the entire party, making sure he is heard. He wanted to make the right choice in the end, so he waits next to the door marked Life, waiting for the others to make their decisions first.

Kurai
Long Arm

Post by Kurai » Sat Feb 14, 2004 11:55 pm

Phoenix512 wrote: Phoenix walked towards the Death door. He didn't care if the others did agree with him or not. He was willing to put his life on this choice and hopefully, it won't kill the group. Phoenix was in a few feet away from the door. His right arm was slowly reaching towards the door and managed to grab the handle of the door. He pulled the Death towards him and saw this bright light. Well, Suzaku. Let's go into the light and hopefully one step closer to Kurai and the source of the evil here. Phoenix walked into the light which the opened Death door emitted.
Before anyone else could do anything, the circular room was filled with a bright light. Everyone felt as if they were pushed back from the light, then pulled forward, as if an invisible hand had yanked them forward. When the group opened their eyes, they were in a completely darkened area.

"Whoa! its dark in here!" Hijinx waved a hand in front of her face, hitting someone nearby. "Ow!" Zavier ducked, holding the back of his head, shielding himself from Hijinx's waving arms. "Watch it!" Hijinx didnt reply, as she was busy waving her arms around, having more fun runnign into people than acually figure out what's happening.

"Where are we?" Nighthand asked, his hand going to his weapon instictively.
"Phoenix chose Death for all of us." Argilus replied, a slight hint of anger in his voice. "We are now in this room, whether we like it or not."

Up ahead, a light broke through the ground. A small seedling came up, which then quickly grew into a tree. soon, the tree began to sprout leaves, then bright pinpoints of light began to blossom, turning into a beacon of light, illuminating the room. The group walked toward the tree, its image alluring to them all. From the light on the tree, grew strange shaped fruits, which ripened into bright orbs of light, that fell from the tree. They landed softly on the ground, bouncing as if the ground was just a soft sponge. As the group watched the fruit fall, they didnt noice the tree beginning to wither away. With the light gone from the tree, the tree quickly died off, leaving an empty, withered shell of once what lived.

Argilus picked up an orb of light, the fruit from the tree. He peered into it, and the orb split, its light illuminating him. Argilus looked brighter, as if a haze had lifted off of him.

From across the room, a door opened in the wall, which led to stairs heading downward. Once the group was done, their only way of leaving the room was downstairs. What they would soon find out, is that 6 Thousand Trees(slow, yet powerful.), and 3 Wood Sprites(very quick, magic user) awaited them once they went down those stairs.
Last edited by Kurai on Thu Feb 19, 2004 6:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
-/Treeweaver//Hunting Guard//Spirit Hauberk//Cave bear Hood//Time Sandals/-
-/Juk Doom//RaJuk Rom//MeJuk Kruz//RaJuk Zot//Dek Juka//Phal Repth//Rip Synk//Ap Do/-

Zavier_D
Awakened Player

Post by Zavier_D » Wed Feb 18, 2004 3:10 am

Zavier looked at the others, his brow knitted slightly. Phoenix had chosen Death…why? Why did Phoenix not chose life? Regardless of how much trickery he thought Kurai had, he should know that Kurai would make them choose their way of reaching him. If they had chosen Life, there was a good chance nothing would have happened. Zavier stood himself up and sighed. Well, there was not way that could have known what would have happened to them. Kurai was dangerous…especially now, his abilities obviously multiplied by his amazing Treeweaver. They would just have to choose wisely after that.

The strange fruit had fallen from a tree, and Zavier smiled. How Ironic. In Christianity, death was introduced to the human race through the eating of fruit of the knowledge of good and evil, an almost spit in the fact by Adam and Eve to God, going against his wishes and ultimately getting them banished from Paradise. And now, a decision was made by Phoenix, a mythological creature of death and rebirth, which incurred this tree to them. Zavier quickly put two and two together.

“Phoenix chose death for all us,” Argilus had said, and on the surface, it indeed it looked as though he had chosen death. But what did that mean? Here they were, still alive. Nothing as far as Zavier could tell had happened to him. He felt great, other than the internal nagging at times of the Wood Dragon, who seemed to be trying to communicate to Zavier. Not even Bahamut, the elder of all dragons could make out what he said. But, as long as things went well, everything should be going perfectly. Zavier picked up one of the fruits, and as a flash of light erupted around him, he felt calmer. As did the Wood Dragon. It seemed to be more relaxed, and Zavier admitted that he himself felt better. “The pain of death…is the joy of rebirth.” Zavier quickly hushed himself. Thoughts like that were of no place here. They were on too important a mission.

Zavier looked at the others as they more or less stood around. It slightly annoyed him. Someone had to make a move…but who should it be? There were others who were more powerful, who were most likely even more qualified then him to act. But when they didn’t, it was upon the shoulders of those who normally wouldn’t see themselves as qualified to perform the act. “I don’t know why we are wanting…but I am going. I want to see Kurai; I want to know what happened to him. He was one of my most trusted allies in battle…if it comes to me fighting him, then I will do so. But I want to se if I can get to him firstly.”

Zavier walked the rest of the small way across the room in the dungeon. He didn’t know where they were. This dungeon was so much more confusing then the others he had been in. He had only been in a few rooms, but something else stained the air, giving him the feel that with each step his was stepping further and further away from an exit, from escape, from safety…

As he reached the other side he felt his Wood Dragon stir once more. This time, however, it moved in anger, in anticipation. Zavier looked at himself, and then thought. Something was obviously interfering with the dragons…but what? Their guardians, for instance. They all came from the source apparently. But if something were to happen to the source…what would happen to them? Did they feel the shifting in powers, the changing of natural things by hackers? Those were alterations of a force more or less, so it would make sense that they would feel it. Or were they in fact created by hackers? Bahamut wouldn’t tell him, but Zavier made a point that he would find out what it was, sooner or later.

Zavier stepped upon the stairway, unaware if anyone was behind him or not. His mind was preoccupied with the state of the wood dragon, which every time he took a step seemed to roil more and more. Beads of sweat began to form on his head…not from exertion, but from trying to contain himself. When he reached the final few steps the Wood Dragon seemed to scream something at him. “What are you trying to say?” Zavier asked as he walked down the last few steps and into the room.

As he looked up, he quickly had his answer.

6 Thousand Trees, and 3 Wood Sprites were facing him, grins on their faces. Zavier’s eyes widened as he realized his predicament. Part of him said that he should run, that he should return to the others and warn them…yet he couldn’t. Another part of him, a more influential part of him said to fight…and not only that, but why not summon a dragon, which he knew he would need?

“But which one!” Zavier thought. The Bronze and Iron dragons were strong, but they were more or less weak against magic, and their decreased speed would do nothing against the wood sprites. His Water Dragon form would be more or less at a disadvantage, because the wood elemental would influence it, given that even in a game, wood absorbed water. His wood dragon would bring him to par…

“Well, I might as well. Wood Dragon, let’s go. Maybe this will relieve some of your tension.” Zavier called on the dragon, and the power erupted through him. He felt the familiar changing of his clothing, and he was glad. The energy surged through him, at a speed no physicist could calculate. Soon, his transformation was done, and his great wings sprouted in green upon his back. Zavier looked at the monsters and he smiled. He would not be able to defeat them, but he would be able to do something.

He rushed towards the monsters, his wings sending him the distance. The room was exceptionally big and wide, the area more or less the equivalent of the main flooring of a high school library. That gave him room to be agile…and he knew it would give the others an opportunity to attack as they saw fit.

Zavier rushed towards a wood sprite, and slashed at her. She dodged, her frame narrowly slipping by the blade. Zavier grunted and slammed his feet against the wall, shooting him even faster backwards. He sliced at the sprite again, but her arm caught the sword, stopping it. “So…you do have some strength about you. That’s alright; I’m quite sure that strength isn’t your best attribute!” Zavier pushed himself even harder against the sprite and pinned her against the wall, lowering her hp slightly. As he readied his sword to slice again, he felt thousands of endings ram into him, knocking him away. He floated for a few seconds before righting himself. The Thousand Trees looked at him, and he could tell they were laughing. They were laughing at him, taunting him…how dare they.

He rushed at the trees, and watched as brought their branches down to attack. A few hit him but he made it through with little damage, brining a Vak Slash against one of the trees. The fire attack came down, and Zavier smiled again. In fact, he laughed. He quickly tossed himself up and moved out of the way, looking at what he had done.

The trees looked no worst for wear. Their health was down…only a little bit. Those trees were pretty powerful, and had high defense. Zavier couldn’t help but notice that the trees were laughing at him. Their mouths were wrenched into scowls, but he could hear their laughter. He could hear them making fun of his weakness, of accusing him of not doing any damage to them at all. It infuriated him.

“I WILL HURT YOU ! YOU WATCH ME!” Zavier screamed as he dashed madly towards them. His attack had no form, and they quickly launched him away, back towards the other side of the room. Zavier looked at them again, the green of his eyes becoming darker, more severe. They would not make a fool out of him. They couldn’t. They were nothing, and they would be destroyed. Anything that got into his way would be destroyed. Anyone who got into his way would be destroyed.

Zavier flew into the air and came down with a Vak Revolver, missing everything. The Wood Sprites danced along, laughing at him at every waking moment. It made him crazy! They wouldn’t stop laughing, their horrible mouths twisting. Everything around him was a blur of people laughing at him. Zavier heard foot steps on the stairs behind him, and the Wood Dragon Warrior quickly rushed there. He stopped himself, thinking that it was someone maybe sent to help him, and turned around. He stopped. He didn’t need any help. He could handle it all by himself. He tightened his muscles, the Wood power erupting around him, increasing his power to the limits. He would destroy them. The Wood Dragon screamed its approval, and the Wood Dragon Warrior hurried for his next round.

(OOC: hmmm…beginning…)
Level:33
SP: 170
Skills:Rue Crack/Rue Revolver/Ap Ganz/ Rip Synk
Equipment: Heavenly Sword/ Grand Armor/ Forester Helm/ Rusted Hands/ Flare Guard/Thunder Cloak
Items:1 Sprite Ocarnia/3 Healing Drinks/Komura/Head Gear/5 Ressurect/2 Knight's Bane/1 Vak Rom/1 Rue Rom
Dragons: Wood, Bronze, Iron, Water

http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/DIVER ... c=6055&hl=

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:15 am

(beginning indeed...)

Nighthand raced into the battle, undure of the motives behind his fellow player. Phoenix was slowly getting on his nerves. Usually, in a situation like that, they would discuss it for a while, but he raced into it and made the choice for them all... Nighthand really didn't think it was the right way to work...

Looking at the monsters arrayed in front of them, Nighthand decided that the Tree's would be better targets for him. Their slow speed would make them easier targets, and his fire power would affect them more than normal...

His target chosen, he angled his flight at the nearest tree. Zavier raced over his head, in his Wood Dragon form, Attacking everything in site. For some reason, he seemed a bit off, as if his dragon was controlling him, instead of the other way around. Perhaps it wasn't smart for him to be using a massive wood power in Kurai's domain.

No, he shouldn't be using it... But at this point, it matters not. There is nothing that can be done.

What do you mean? Nighthand asked the cerberus, still nothing more than an image on his chest and arms.

The beast refused to answer.

Nighthand leapt into the air, raising his sword above his head. Forcing all the Vak energy into it that he could in the short fall, he coated his blade in liquid flame, and sliced into the tree. The fire rubbed off of his blade, sticking to the tree like napalm. Shrieking in pain, the tree twisted, slapping him in the chest with a thick branch. The pain was enourmous, but before it could fully take effect the Cerberus repthed him, and itself. Nighthand gripped the tree, and shifted his focus.

It's like the power is flowing into me, through me... it's like i'm part of that power. I can manipulate it, more than most. The only other persons i've seen with this power are Tokki, with her massive control over water, and Rayo, with his Thunder. I can manipulate the thunder, and the fire, to a very limited degree... but the power doesn't seem right to me. Like it's there, open to my touch, but distant. Like i'm floating in water and reaching for the sand at the bottom. It's like i havn't found the right element. MY element.

Nighthand's thoughts took place in an instant. It was a conversation he had once had with the strange girl from the soul shrine, what seemed like ages ago.

Using this power, this slight manipulation of fire, he drew the Vak energy from his sword and through his body, expelling it through his hands. It ate through the tree branch he held, leaving a thick coat of ash on his hands. he fell to the ground, and the branch he held withered and crumbled. the tree writhed, and Nighthand rolled out of the way as another branch crashed down where he had been.

"We need to kill these... AAH!" Nighthand began his order, but one of the wood spirits hit him from behind. He was flung up into the air with the creature's powerful tornado.

Gaining his wits as he flew, he righted himself, and kicked off the roof, coming down as fast as he could. Once again he called to the fire, coating himself in a thick bubble of flame. He kept it away from his skin, as he would have burned himself. pumping fire through his veins had given him a dose of pain, and he dared not attempte this hapahzardly.

As he fell, Nighthand focussed all his energies into a powerful Repth ready to be released. Then he hit the ground.

He did two things instantly. first, he blasted outwards with all the power he could behind the fire he had gathered. It shot outwards in all directions, exploding in a fiery inferno, carried on the still raging winds from the wood spell he was caught in. Second, he released the Repth he had powered up.

As he struck the ground, he rolled as much as he could, but the forse he had put into the push off took it's toll. The force of the impact shattered his left shoulder with a sickening crunch. Intense pain flooded his senses, and he released the Repth as he blacked out.

---dream sequence---

-Nighthand-
You again? he said to the voice, that of the data recovery program he had picked up.
-I have no time for your banter. Something terrible is in the works, and all i can see is that you are somehow caught up in it.-
Something terrible? about me? well, i guess i'll take it as it comes.
he felt the mental equal to a sigh
-Theres nothing more i can do than warn you.-
That's all i need

---end sequence---

Nighthand opened his eyes, and hastily rolled away from yet another branch coming for him. his should had been healed by his massive Repth, but he was fatigued, almost sluggish. The tree he had been beating on was smouldering from a hundred wounds, and the spirit was a charred and crumpled heap on the ground, half of it missing. His fire had hit it most of all, point blank. the tree seemed fairly close to death, but Nighthand couldn't summon up the power for another attack for some time.

Rising to his feet, Nighthand backed off to let the other's finish as he recharged. noticed them all a little stunned by the massive burst of energy he had released, but they fought nonetheless.

his mood darkened. It was a stunning show of power, but it wasn't enough. he wanted more, he craved it. He needed to find his element. He needed to find his true power. His eyes darkened, and he glared at the others...

His attitude changed completly, once again.

(oh yes, so it begins)

Argilus
Twin Blader

Post by Argilus » Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:03 pm

The battle had already begun. Argilus his form calm and open, he'd figured the amount of monsters would be endless at most, but this many....

"Kurai you over did it." He quietly whispered under his breath. The Raven that had been hovering above everything swooped down and in small beam of light flickered and was absorbed by Argilus' necklace. It was a thin chain but at close it was heavily decorated in ruin like writings. So far Nighthand and Zavier D had skipped they’re reasoning and went forth and all out. They wanted to meet up with Kurai and have questions answered.

Argilus stood still at the side to the door in which they had entered from. Phoenix was just in front of him taking in the image that was such a fury before him. He made his decision for everyone, but honestly nobody stopped him. He seemed so sure and his statement was pretty accurate that everyone was hesitant to speak up. Argilus on the other hand didn't know which door to go through either. He didn't care as long as he was able to move forward. Arg searched the room for something but couldn't see it. Although there were crowds and crowds of tree monsters Argilus could not see a door. His stomach ached as the situation would probably be endless. Not just because the amount of monsters was rather imitating but also because they would possibly keep respawning, and if not that perhaps they would be trapped in that room forever.

He gave a large sigh and have to the conclusion that Kurai wouldn't do that, he would come to them, in fact he was probably almost their, or waiting just among the other side of one of the walls. Either way Argilus was tired of this battling. This group was more than what was expected and everyone was still alive.

Of course Argilus himself was considered to be just the gatekeeper, getting them there. He really had no more part in their story just a few days ago, in fact he was suppose to be dead. Things changed and he was in his own plot, which he had gathered the group to go along. Kurai was a large part of this story, but Argilus needed to see him…. One last time.

Taking a step forward he grabbed on of his blades and stuck it in his mouth, and the other one in his left hand. Leaning forward he prepared for an attack. For the moment he would only attack once and after that it was everyone else’s problem.

Argilus body quickly became a flame and an echo of “Flame Dance” emitted from his throat. With in an instant a large burst of fire rushed through the hoard of trees just in from of him. Branches caught on fire and slashes were gashed into limbs. Argilus moved so fast a small after image trailed behind him. As he reached the other side of the room, once there he bolted up and stuck his left-handed blade in the wall just above the battle. There he pulled himself up and stood on it, watching everything below. He took the one from his mouth and sheathed it.

The fire below would soon die down shortly, but he did just do a great number of damage to the monsters below, but couldn’t account for any deaths. A drop of sweat fell from Argilus’ brow and down on to the ground. Following a small plant with a leaf grew and stayed where the drop had fallen.

(OOC: Sorry for the long wait but I don’t have internet right now because I moved. I won’t for probably another week or so, but I can’t post through at school in my Graphic Design class. I’m trying guys,)
I'll be there by your side
in the land of twilight
in your dream I will go
till we find the sunrise

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:52 pm

(OOC: Kurai, Wood Sprite is a level 1 scroll. Did you mean Wood Harpy or something else? For now, I called them Wood Sprites for sake of continuity.)

Phoenix did not expected that his decision to go into the door of Death would apply to everyone. It seem that everyone would be displeased with him now with the forced decision that he made. Going into Death's door was his own decision. He didn't want anyone else to go with him if they didn't want to. He noticed a doorway that lead to down to the next level. He didn't see any point to wait in this room since there was only one way to continue on. Before he could move towards the stairs, Zavier quickly went down into the stairs. I guess I'm not the only one who's impulsive, after all.

"I wonder if the Wood Dragon is affecting Zavier's judgement." Suzaku said suddenly to Phoenix. "What makes you think that?" Phoenix replied back. "You remember when we first enter here that we felt an aura which affect Zavier more. What if that aura affect the Wood Dragon in a way that it driving him to make irrational decisions." Phoenix just only reply to her with a nod. He knew that she could be right about Zavier and the Wood Dragon. He was already worried about Argilus but now Zavier. This place is fill with evil. We must find Kurai and finish the mission ASAP.

After the conversation with Suzaku, Phoenix noticed that Nighthand and Argilus went down the stairs already. He proceed down those stairs as well and saw the group's next task. He saw 6 Thousand Trees and 3 Wood Sprites. Before going into battle, he switched his Singing Blade with the Fugaku since the monsters were all Wood type. The Fugaku had the skill Gan Slash but it was weaker in strength compared to the Singing Blade. Phoenix scanned the battlefield for the others. He saw Zavier attacking randomly like a beserker. Nighthand seemed to back off from the battle and looked tired. Argilus was the same like Nighthand but had more energy. He smell burning leaves and branches in the room which suggest that fire attacks were cast at one point. Hopefully, the monsters are weak enough to be finish off quickly. He noticed a Thousand Trees was headed towards him. It was slow but very powerful with those branches. He saw one of the branches headed towards him. He quickly rolled to his right to avoid the branch but the other branch quickly headed towards his new position. The branch pinned his arms to the ground but that wasn't the worst part. A wood sprite noticed his disadvantage and approached him. The sprite stuck its claws into Phoenix's stomach and felt intense pain. He was not still use to the actual pain ever since he couldn't log out. Unable to do anything, he couldn't raise his arms to attack either one of them.

Suddenly, a speck of fire appear on the branch and spread quickly onto the branch. He noticed Suzaku's disquise form was glowing for a second. The branch from the Thousand Tree burned enough to break the hold and allow Phoenix to move his arm. The Wood Sprite was still focusing on Phoenix's stomach as he quickly use his Gan Slash attack on the Wood Sprite. The Sprite shrieked as it disappeared from the dungeon room. Phoenix was still in pain as the fire from the Thousand Trees spread from the branch to the main body. He could finish the Tree now with a physical attack but he was still hurting from the Wood Sprite's attack. He cast a Gan Rom attack at the burning Thousand Trees but the wound suddenly caused Phoenix to black out. The attack almost finished off the Thousand Tree but it was angry now. It headed towards the wounded Phoenix and could finish him off with one blow.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:55 pm

OOC:We need a body count...

Hijinx frowned in disapointment when the tre and darkness suddenly vanished. She still wanted to whack pheonix once before they went any farther. Of course she could see perfectly well in the dark, but they didn't need to know that. Now to see where the stairs led to.....

Beside herself with excitement, hijinx watched from the sidelines as a select few began the fight. Bouncing from foot to foot in a bewildering manner, she does a backflip and jolts forward upon landing. Her gem burst into light as urbosh uncoils and rest by the door, casting an ap do on the furry freak before laying his head down and napping. The crest begins to fade, and hijinx takes three more steps before it completely disapears and instantly vanishes from sight.

Appearing suddenly behind pheonix, she winds up, and with a florish, field goal kicks pheonix over the tree and between it's thrashing arms. Taking advantage of her home made distraction she zips up to the creature and laughs. Leaping into the air, she crosses her blades in front of her and........ "Twin dragon!". Slicing outward, the flaming blast blazes forward in a firey torrent of doom! Carried forward with the attack, she connects with one strike after another, each one creating it's own explosion of heat and ember. Spinning rapidly she kicks off the surface of the tree creature a milisecond before it's consumed by fire and doing another vanishing act, ends up by the door, taking a bow as the treant burned and smashed it's way around the round in a panic.

OOC: Not dead, but probably ticked off. I advise christmas carols and yule log comments.
Last edited by Hijinx on Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."

Zavier_D
Awakened Player

Post by Zavier_D » Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:12 am

(OOC: The way I read it, two wood sprites have been killed. The other 6 trees are sort of hurt, but alive. That leaves 6 trees and one sprite, and I believe that 1 tree is severely injured, while one is moderately, and the rest are sort of injured.)

The Wood Dragon Warrior (WDW for short) looked around the room. Different people had caused more or less chaos in the room, shooting fire and performing fire attacks. He saw one Thousand Trees injured severely and he rushed towards it. He stood in front of it, allowing it see him. The monster seemed to move slowly, afraid of dying. WDW smiled and performed a Vak Crack, turning the tree into ash. He picked the ash up and moved it around, laughing as he blew it away. He was turning around when energy blasted into him, knocking him a few steps back. His eyes narrowed as he looked around the room in rage. He turned to everything in the room, wondering where he was attacked from…and he saw Nighthand.

The player must have just used some incredible power because he seemed at the point of fatigue. Zavier grimaced from the pain that the blast had given him. He began to walk slowly towards Nighthand, his mood darkening at every moment. He had attacked him on purpose…that was the only thing that made sense. Everyone else seemed to be no worst for wear…but WDW was the only one who had gotten hit by that attack. He looked at the lone Wood Sprite, who seemed to be running around. He noticed it to be the one he had fought earlier and decided to rush towards her. The monster noticed him and casts a tornado of power around him. As it hit him, Zavier braced himself…and then laughed.

The energy from the wood entered into his body, coursing through him like fire. It felt amazing! He could feel it healing his wounds, and the Wood Dragon screamed in delight. He felt himself stronger than ever, back to full health, and loving it. He rushed towards the creature, who thought that the attack would slow him down. He swung his sword, slamming inter her right side. As she moaned in pain and slid to her left he swung as well, spiraling towards another slice into her side, this time on her left. She hit the ground and WDW kicked her, watching as green seemed to spew from her. He lifted her up, pinning her against the wall, watching as she struggled. His hand tightened around her neck, and he smiled. He could see the fear in her eyes, could sense the fear she was emanating. It made everything worth it. He hadn’t fought that way in a long time. It felt great.

He quickly threw the creature into the air, and she hit the ceiling with a loud thud. As she slowly fell towards the ground he rushed up, beginning a Vak Revolver. The attack burned her in many places and split her in half. She hit the dungeon floor and quickly faded into data. WDW stood there for a moment, and then walked towards Nighthand. As he reached him, he held his blade in front of him. “Kill him…” something whispered in his mind.

“Nighthand,” he said in a deep voice, his body shimmering with Wood power, “I should kill you right now…”

(OOC: I killed a Wood Spite in mine, so only the trees remain. Hmm…)
Equipment: Heavenly Sword/ Grand Armor/ Forester Helm/ Rusted Hands/ Flare Guard/Thunder Cloak
Items:1 Sprite Ocarnia/3 Healing Drinks/Komura/Head Gear/5 Ressurect/2 Knight's Bane/1 Vak Rom/1 Rue Rom

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Mon Feb 23, 2004 4:28 am

(OOC: There's still one wood sprite left. I killed one and you killed another one. I don't see the death of the third one. Also, will someone saved me from the Thousand Tree?)
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster

Zavier_D
Awakened Player

Post by Zavier_D » Mon Feb 23, 2004 5:27 am

(OOC: I consider Nighthand's killed. It's burned to a crisp and half of it is missing...that's about as dead as you can get.)

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:00 pm

OOC: Read my post pheonix :evil: . I won't be ignored.
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:17 pm

(OOC: all three spirits are dead.

one tree is at critical damage

one tree is at moderate damage

four trees are at minimal damage

that is all)
Last edited by Nighthand on Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kain
Player

Post by Kain » Wed Feb 25, 2004 12:52 am

Kain leaned against one of the tremendous roots that shot up from the dungeon floor. His arms were folded over his chest as he watched the other players file into the dungeon. Here, Argilus was telling everyone about the dungeon. A little background information was never harmful. Too bad Kain’s mind was elsewhere. He immediately realized that most of the monsters he’d be facing were of the wood element, and he longed for the powers of earth. That would give him an advantage over all of the monsters. If Kain was able to beat the monsters easily he figured that he would be able to prove himself. This was something Kain thought he had yet to do. Lost in his own thoughts, the Heavy Blade didn’t realize that he was the only one left in the first room. “Oh no, I can’t be left alone here,” Kain said aloud as he broke into a light jog and entered the next room.

Kain entered the next room and noticed a huge black tree in the center of it. There were two doors leading onward, one marked Death the other Life . There was a poem on the tree that some of the players decided to read, Kain didn’t want to read it. Just by looking at the doors his mind was made up. The Heavy Blade was all for Death. He wasn’t sure why, but something drew him towards it. Very optimistic. Phoenix must’ve had the same decision, but he read the poem. The Blade Master walked towards the door and opened it, a bright light shone from inside it. “I’m with you,” Kain said aloud as he started to walk towards the door. His walk was interrupted when the whole room was illuminated with the light.

"Phoenix chose Death for all of us. We are now in this room, whether we like it or not." Kain simply shrugged as he looked around the new room. It was too dark for him to see anything. Suddenly, a seedling came out from the ground and began to sprout a tree. This tree let out a light that lit up the whole room. Argilus even managed to get an orb of light. The Heavy Blade, Kain, stayed in the back of the group and was quiet like usual. There was a loud sound and then a door across the room opened in the wall. He wasn’t too hasty to go into that new door. Who knew what would be on the other side of it. Kain gained some new levels and became stronger, but his equipment was still very bad. He would definitely need better equipment if he wanted to do significant damage to any monsters in the near future. The group’s challenges were only going to get harder.

“Where is everyone?” Kain asked himself as he noticed a few players weren’t surrounding the tree anymore. They must’ve gone into that door, he told himself in his head. Once again the player was lost in his thoughts. Kain glanced back at the way they supposedly entered the room with the glowing tree an orb in it. He was very confused. There was so much he didn’t know, so much he needed to learn. I need to go down that door. I can’t be afraid. What if someone needs help? Time to prove myself. With this Kain broke into a sprint and ran through the door.

Without thinking, Kain ran into the doorway. He was completely shocked to see what was waiting for him: stairs. It isn’t too smart going down stairs in a full sprint when you’re in an unknown area. Kain’s foot slipped off the top step and his whole body was in the air. He was now completely in the air, his body was fully extended, and his arms spread out wide. It almost looked like he was flying. The player was suddenly jerked to a stop. He then came down slowly on his stomach. “What,” Kain began as he turned his head around to see none other than Marvin right behind him. “Are you psychic?” The Manticore let out a little snort as he removed his tail from Kain’s leg and then walked over the player. Apparently Marvin wrapped his tail around one of Kain’s legs and then pulled him back to the ground, saving Kain a lot of pain and embarrassment. The Heavy Blade smacked his head for saying such a stupid comment and then got to his feet. After dusting off his black robes he walked into the next room.

Standing in front of Kain were some Thousand Trees. A lot of other players had already gone to work and took out all of the Wood Sprites. When he arrived, Zavier was finishing the last one off. Good, Kain thought. The Wood Sprites are too fast for my class and level. Hopefully these Thousand Trees won’t be too tough. I mean, I am a higher level than them. I can only hope that this low-level equipment won’t hold me back. Here goes! Kain brought his Stun Sword out in front of him and stared at one of the Thousand Trees. He let go of the blade with his left hand and stuck it out in front of him. “Gan…”

Kain knew that Gan Zot was the perfect spell to use against a wood element monster. If he was lucky he could get an elemental hit. That would take out significant damage from the monster. Whenever he used the Gan Zot spell an odd feeling surged through his body. He never got this feeling with any other spells. His hand trembled as the runes from the spell began to form under the monster. It would only take a few more moments before the spell was unleashed upon the monster. Every time this spell was cast Kain felt some sense of power surging through him.

Zot

The shards of rock burst from the ground and surged through the monster. Each one pieced through the Thousand Trees. It reared back and made a horrible yelling sound and flung its arms, which are branches, back into the air. The Gan Zot spell managed to do mediocre damage to the Thousand Trees. Better than Kain expected. The tree then slammed its arms into the ground, sending small shockwaves out. These waves did not phase Kain one bit. He wanted to prove that he was strong, so he just stood there. The Heavy Blade slid his left hand onto the handle of his Stun Sword. He held the sword tightly, with two hands lengths in between his right and left hand. The blade was pointed towards the side. Kain never made the first move. He was taught, while he was little, that the best offense is a good defense. “Kain, psst, Kain. What should I do, do you need another Ap Do?” The Manticore named Marvin asked.

Kain glanced down at him, trying not to forget about the Thousand Trees. He let out a light chuckle and smiled lightly. Not a big toothy grin, it was only a thin black line. Kain’s lips were usually pressed together. “No Marvin, I don’t need any help right now. These Thousand Trees aren’t very fast. Thank you anyway,” Kain said as he bent his knees and patted the pet on the head. “Like a great baseball player, Yogi Berra, once said: ‘One observes a lot from watching.’ Now, go and stand guard by the doorway,” Kain told the Manticore as he pointed him towards the door. “Whoa!” Kain screamed out as he jumped back to avoid a smash from one of the tree’s branch-arm smashes. “Let’s go,” Kain said in a serious, icy voice as he charged at the monster with his Stun Sword pointing at it.

The other arm was slammed into the ground, Kain quickly switched directions of his run. The branch barely missed him, but Kain thought up a good idea. He did a small leap and landed on the branch. His tightly pressed lips curved into a tiny smile. Kain pointed his Stun Sword down and pressed hard as it encountered the arm’s bark. The sword penetrated the dark brown covering and allowed the blade to run through it. Kain performed this attack until he reached the body of the tree. The Heavy Blade leapt off of the branch and turned his all sword upside down. The blade was facing down and it ran through the bark surrounding the tree’s body. Splinters of bark fell off the Thousand Trees as Kain landed on the ground. The monster lifted its arm high into the air and sent it crashing down. The player was ready for this and he rolled out of the way.

This was one of the few times when Kain had the advantage over the monster. He probably would’ve destroyed the monster with a better sword. I guess I’ll need to buy one when I get back to Dun Loireag, Kain thought as he ducked under a horizontal branch swipe. It wasn’t the best time to think about purchasing new items and such. He needed to concentrate on the battle. Kain took a little step to the left and avoided a branch that slammed into the down. It sent up bits and pieces of the ground into the air. Maybe fire attacks will work well also. I mean this monster is all wood. Kain raised his Stun Sword high into the air and slammed it down into the branch. The monster let out a terrible screeching sound as Kain pulled the blade back out and ran away. He wanted to get a good position to attack the monster.

“Is that all?” Kain asked as he stopped moving. His robes still swayed from the running that he was doing before. This was definitely his favorite fight so far. The player couldn’t help but show a wide toothy grin. In a matter of minutes Kain was back to his original trick and he charged at the tree. “Take this!” Kain yelled as he jumped into the air with his sword high over his head. He brought it down with a hard vertical slash. The blade cut into the tree’s bark once more. The Heavy Blade let out a little chuckle, he was growing very cocky. He turned around to run away from the monster, and that’s when it hit him. The Thousand Tree unleashed a hard backhand on Kain. The branch slammed into his side and sent him flying into a far wall head first. “This isn’t good.”
Kain//Level 20// Heavy Blade//Calamity, Juk Rom, Gan Zot, Repth