Enter the World through the Theta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:58 pm

Gingitsune watched in anguish as Phoenix's energy began to waver, to flicker as a dying lightbulb. The guardians looked concerned, Gingitsune's own Jocasta was sitting bolt upright, with a grim expression on her feline face and narrowed eyes.
"What can we do for him?" asked Gingitsune softly, kneeling down next to Jocasta's bristled form.
"Nothing." Jocasta replied curtly, "There is really nothing that we can do. He must do it himself."
Gingitsune's brow furrowed softly, and a sadness entered her violet eyes, these were the trials that each of them would, in turn, endure. If they could survive the anguish their power would be irrefutable, but many failed. When her time came, Gingitsune wondered how she would fare, and what kind of darkness waited to envelop her own soul. She had gone through many trials, and yet she knew that none of them were "the one" and that her own darkest hour was yet to be revealed.
She heard soft footsteps rustling through the bamboo grove towards them, and saw Cybele's stoney gray aura softening into blue, beckoning the late-comer forward.
Jocasta looked up at her mistress, "Nighthand" she said simply, without even looking up from her vigil.
Gingitsune nodded, her list of allies was growing thin, Phoenix had been pulled under the veil, and Argilus and Kurai were locked in battle. If worst was to happen she would be glad of someone to aid her.

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:26 pm

Nighthand somehow managed to make his way through the bamboo stalks and smoke, making his way towards the shifting aura of power that was Cybele.

Stepping into a clearing, he could only describe what he saw as Chaos.

Nighthand, Phoenix is in trouble.

It was the first time Shard had spoke for some time, even though he had been there the whole time. Now, he once again revealed his presence, if only through voice.

I know... But I cannot help him.

"Gingi... What can we do, now?"

Nighthand hoped there was something he could do... But somehow, he doubted it.

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:27 pm

Frowning distinctly, hijinx gathered her mind. As lovely as the idea was, this was still the most boring part. The vines that were sent to grab her were tied together, trying to untangle themselves with little progess. If she had to know how to tie knots, she would do it damn well, and so the vines therefore had every knot known(and a few that seemed to distort reality itself) for the sake of proving she could. Resuming her sitting a comfortible distance away, she gave the vines a last glance while she snicked. It was just funny to watch the tendrils struggle, they just couldn't agree which way to go. Crossing her arms and looking a little overly dignified, the rabbit plopped happily into a bean bag, resuming her original task.

The program was quick enough, the instant relay was a great tool..... when it was working properly. It apparently wasn't now and took three seconds instead of the normal one.

A window popped open on a monitor in an excitingly well-stocked library like room. Printing out some ticker tape and an overly allaborate display was the data for kurai. Simple numbers, nothing to be impressed with. It was more for her use then the scientist, and he scoffed at this blasphemy as he wandered off to log out and catch a bite before he further continued his work. It was a trying business, handling the affairs of that damnable player's character.

Hijinx was smiling happily. She was certainly happy today, and more happily she smiled, the happier she wold be. She was positive she would cook something special when they got back.
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Sun May 02, 2004 4:20 pm

Nighthand felt a sudden pain strike him. Like a blade, being shoved through his back. Spinning, he tried to see what struck him, but there was nothing.

Again, the pain came, leaving him gasping on his knees.

His side, his back, his stomach, his limbs; the pain chose no limits, striking him everywhere.

In a rage, mindlessly, he called all the dark energy to him he could. Briefly, he could tell that he could control it more so than ever... but the power in his grasp stung him.

Still, the sting if the power was better than the pain, so he wrapped it about him like a cloak. Shard, no longer able to keep the form of tattoo, faded into view in front of him. Nighthand, iun a mindless reaction, saw the dark energy inside the cerberus, and drew it out. the cerberus was in pain, and burst into data and energy... the energy Nighthand pulled to his shield.

---to the others nearby---

Nighthand seemed to react wildly, like he was lashing out at a foe. No longer even controlling his power, tendrils of darkness bounced aroun the area, lashing at everything. Cybelle, seeing something wrong, and Gingi, of like mind, threw up a shield over the heavy blade, keeping his energy from decimating the area.

The darkness inside the shield grew, until it was a dome of black, nothing could be seen inside except for a vague writhing shape and brief flashing of power.

then, suddenly, there was a sound, a noise, something happened. A Snap, and the shield, the darkness, and nighthand were gone. not a trace of his energy remained in the field, or elsewhere... no one could sense anything of him. flashmails bounced back... it was as if he had logged off, his disappearance was so complete.

(ooc: of course, i'm not logged off, but there'll be some... interesting things, when i come back. )

Nall
Elevated Player

Post by Nall » Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:15 pm

(OOC: Well well well.... It's been a month, time to get things back on track! We've had some setbacks, minor and major... and you may be suprised to see me if you havent heard... But we promise to get things moving again! There will be an announcement about the future of Main plot very shortly and I hope all that are left understand and help us give Main a good push to get out of the slump and back on the road!)

Things were chaotic. There was no other word for it. Pheonix was injured, fighting with himself. Gingitsune was having her own questions about Cybele and it's mysteries. Nighthand disappeared without a trace. And perhaps, biggest problem of all, Kurai was out of control and fighting against Argilus. It really was the groups most scattered attempt at a battle. But of course, things never get better...or do they?
"Enough!"
The voice boomed throughout the jungle, echoing through the bamboo shoots. It was as if the voice had power in itself. Upon the powerful command everyone froze, even Kurai. The voice was familiar to everyone, but only one picked it out. The foxlike Gingitsune was first to break the silence.
"Royce......."
In some of the players, the name clicked, in others, it meant nothing. But what was royce doing here? How? Why?

"Yes... Thats right darling, it's me, Royce! hahaha!"
Her sour laugh echoed through the room. She was no visable to anyone, her power filled the room, no way to pinpoint it. Royce continued.
"My my... You all are looking rather pathetic I'd say! You can beat our monsters but you can't beat one of your own? hahahaha!"

She laughed again. It made many of the players, namely Gingitsune sick. But she was right. They had fought and won against impossible odds. They had won against Shinja, Reiketsu, Banshaku and overcame the hackers time and time again... But they couldn't bring themselves to fight together against a common friend.

Royce appeared behind Gingitsune, startling even Jocasta and Suzaku. There was no way she could have moved there like that un-noticed. It was as if she teleported there, or was there the whole time and somehow didn't notice... She grinned at startling everyone.
"Don't worry your pretty little head wavemistress.... And put down your weapon... I'm not here to eliminate you believe it or not."
Gingitsune stared at Royce, a little hesitant but not moving to attack.
"Why are you here then?"

Royce laughed. Like before it filled the room echoing about. But the sound wasn't resonating from where the figure of Royce stood. It seemed to come from...everywhere. It sent a cold shiver up Gingitsune's spine.
Royce replied,
"Well my darling.... I'm here to collect that which does not belong... Such a powerful weapon our dear Kurai has... I feel compelled to give it a better home. hahaha!"
Royce's laughted filled the room again. Events that were paused seemed to slowly start up again. Royce being added to the picture was never a good sign of things to come.

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:59 am

"Help me, Shinto."

Phoenix was sort of happy when his lost friend appear to him again but it was not a good time for a reunion. Shinto was there to help him but Phoenix did not know what kind of help he will receive. "Each of those events define what you have become. You could have become stronger from those events but instead your will was weaken..."

Suddenly as Shinto finished his sentence, Phoenix shouted out to him. "You're wrong. My will was never weaken but became stronger. It drove to me to become stronger to protect the others." Shinto was a little disgusted with Phoenix's reply. "You don't understand. Your desire to protect your allies and friends was geniune but your will to live was eaten away by this desire. The end result of this desire was a meaningless death."

Phoenix became angry and shouted, "My death was not meaningless." Shinto shooked his head at Phoenix and said, "Was it? The way I saw it was you getting Data Drain by Kurai. You didn't save anyone at all. Even at times, you risked the well being of the others from your desire without realizing the possible consequences of your decisions."

'When did I ever caused danger to the others by my actions?" Phoenix said in a confused look. Shinto was in disbelief by Phoenix's statement and spoke again. Do you remember the decision in Kurai's castle where you chose to go by yourself but ended up bringing everyone with you through the door? It's those decisions that made you a threat to others and yourself. You wanted to stop the Path of Misery. The first step of stopping it is to heal your own mind."

At that point, Phoenix broke into tears. Shinto knew that his words were getting to him and heard Phoenix talking. "I never realized that my actions were causing others some much pain. I been trying to force pain onto myself that I forgot that I caused the same pain that I felt onto others. I wanted to save everyone from the evils of the World but I was blinded. I turned my back to everyone and even my guardian, Suzaku and began a quest to sacrifice myself to stop the pain. I realized now that my death will cause pain to the others."

Phoenix took his hands and wipe off the tears from his face. He walked up towards Shinto and said, "Shinto, I wished for a second chance. I want to save people but in a different way. I don't want to sacrifice myself needlessly no more. I will trust my allies and use my head. Do you accept my request?" Shinto looked at Phoenix for a minute and Phoenix was waiting patiently. After what to seem to be a long minute for Phoenix, a small object appear in Phoenix's right hand. It was a stone with a marking on it. It was a diamond. Phoenix spoke to Shinto again.

"This is Ingwaz, the Norse Rune of Rebirth. So, you accept my request. Thank you, old friend." Phoenix was quite happy with the rune holding in his right hand and heard Shinto's voice again. "My time is growing short. It seems that an enemy from the wavemistress's past has appeared in the battlefield. Help them with your new power. Remember my question, Kazuma."

Phoenix shouted out to Shinto one last time, "Shinto, what is my new power?" Shinto gave Phoenix a mysterious reply, "All I know is that it has to with something that everyone and everything is bound to. Goodbye, Kazuma or Phoenix, master of ...." Before Shinto could finish his sentence, he faded into the whiteness of Phoenix's mind. Phoenix looked at himself and revert back to his adult body. I will find an answer to your question, Shinto. That question isn't the thing that is on my mind now. My question is what powers did Shinto gave me. It's time to go back into the World. With that thought, Phoenix quenched his right hand and disappeared from the whiteness.

Back in the bamboo forest, Phoenix's right hand glow a dark black. At first, it was blinding to everyone and then, the black light dim to reveal a shape. That shape was the diamond of Ingwaz rune. Phoenix open his eyes and got up like nothing has happen to him. Suzaku spoke back into Phoenix's mind. "It's good to see that you're alive but you shouldn't be fighting right now especially with Royce showing up."

Phoenix turned to his bird and thought to her, It's alright. A friend told me about her presence before I woke up. Suzaku, do you know why she is here. "She wants the Treeweaver for herself. My guess is that she was the one who caused Kurai to go insane." Suzaku said inside of Phoenix's mind. Phoenix turned to Gingitsune and said to her.

"I'm sorry for my recent actions and the pain caused to everyone. As the myth says, the Phoenix burns itself into ashes and is reborn from those same ashes. In keeping with the namesake, I have been reborn. The Phoenix you used to know is dead. I have learned from the previous Phoenix's mistakes and ready to fight by everyone's side. Gingitsune, what do you want to do now?"

Phoenix was prepared for Gingi's response but one thought race through his mind. What is my power, Shinto?

Somewhere else in the World

Shinto's body did not exist but his mind still did and he was thinking. I'm sorry Kazuma, for not telling what your power is. I hoped that your power is discovered before it is too late. I'm sorry once again Phoenix, master of gravity.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Wish List: Phoenix's Fire, Gold Necklace
EX-Spheres: LV 3 - Overdrive, LV 3 - Curative, LV 3 - Elemental Breath

Nall
Elevated Player

Post by Nall » Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:15 pm

Ingwaz rune...

Royce was looking at Phoenix who had just got up. Interesting. The boy was data drained while infected with twilight and he still lives. The group was getting better and better at impressing the hackers.

"I'm sorry for my recent actions and the pain caused to everyone. As the myth says, the Phoenix burns itself into ashes and is reborn from those same ashes. In keeping with the namesake, I have been reborn. The Phoenix you used to know is dead. I have learned from the previous Phoenix's mistakes and ready to fight by everyone's side. Gingitsune, what do you want to do now?"

Royce's laughter filled the room before gingitsune could reply. Phoenix looked at the beutiful twinblade. Royce grinned.
"You may have been reborn this time, but I'd try not to count on reviving every time you die. It's not good for your health. Hahaha!"

Battle cries not to far away were heard. The battle between Argilus and Kurai seemed to start again. The wavemaster, the Blademaster and their pets were looking at Royce.
"If you'll excuse me, I have to go take what belongs to our cause!"

Before the small group in front of her could do anything, Royce vanished. They were staring right at her, yet they couldn't see any signs of leaving. It was like she wasn't even there. Phoenix and Gingitsune heard a cry of pain over in the direction of the fighting. They couldn't tell who, but someone sounded like they were injured badly. The wind blew through the baboo forest, carrying the yelps of pain.
Nall//Blademaster | SWORD | Time Headband | Kagayuzen | Hands of Life | White Boots | {Life Drain}{Skill Drain} <Rue Crack> <Rue Revolver> <Ap Do> <Miu Lei> <Ol Repth> <Rip Maen>

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:59 pm

Gingitsune watched Royce disappear with a hostile arch of her eyebrow, it was strange that she should appear at such a time when the team was so divided and struggling internally. Gingitsune's grip on Cybelle loosened as her old nemesis vanished, she wasn't surprised at all, Royce was very taken with dramatic exits and entrances, and her own pathetic attempt at cryptic banter had really annoyed the Wavemistress.

Jocasta beat her tail on the ground, thump thump, her sarcastic feline eyes rolling into her head as she caught her mistress's eye. "That was rather strange" she said drily, "obviously someone you know, but a rather strange place for meetings of any nature" she said, grinning a long-fanged toothy smile.

As Gingitsune shook her head at the cynical comment she heard a yelp of pain resound through the bamboo grove. She started forward, and Jocasta leapt to her feet, taking to the air over her mistress's head. Gingitsune had promised herself that she would not allow anyone to be seriously injured, and she had to see it through, no matter what. Cybele glowed orange, and Gingitsune could feel it's healing properties coarsing through her blood, Cybele could give life as well as take it.

The bamboo shoots caught her arm as she ran through then, but she disregarding the thwacking noise and the small amount of pain as she ran forward, her arms would be bruised later, but that didn't matter, she could just as easily heal herself.

Within a minute she had reached the clearing, bursting through the last thickly set bamboo plants onto the rotund field of grass. Jocasta checked herself in the air, landing neatly on all four legs next to her mistress.
Gingitsune suppressed a gasp...

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:32 am

Just as Phoenix finished his sentence, he heard laughter from the twinblade, Royce. He turned towards Royce and she grinned at him. "You may have been reborn this time, but I'd try not to count on reviving every time you die. It's not good for your health. Hahaha!"

Normally, Phoenix would have been angry at the statement but kept his cool especially that he did not know his enemy's abilities. He rather wait for Gingitsune's command on how to attack Royce. He heard some cries from afar. He could not recognize them from this distance but he knew one of them had to be Kurai. He wonder who was the other person engaging Kurai and then, he heard Suzaku's thoughts. "It's Argilus. I don't think he noticed Royce's presence yet." Phoenix was focused on Royce and could not do anything for Argilus right now. Royce was talking again. "If you'll excuse me, I have to go take what belongs to our cause!"

In a blink of an eye, Royce was gone and Phoenix was confused. What's going on? I wonder if she could teleport or even she project her image like astral projection. If it is astral projection... Before Phoenix could finish his thought, he heard a loud cry of pain from the same area of the battle between Kurai and Argilus. Oh no! Suzaku, head towards the battle. If I'm right, Royce's appearance was just a ruse as real her was preparing to take the Treeweaver from Kurai. Phoenix saw Suzaku took to the air as he began to run towards the area where Kurai and Argilus were fighting. As he was running through the bamboo forest, he noticed that his body was lighter than before. I wonder if this was the power that the rune gave me but the message doesn't add up. The power affects what everyone is bounded to but I don't even know what it means.

Phoenix continue to head towards the others but a large piece of bamboo was falling towards him. He did not have time to avoid it and none of his spells could destroy the bamboo in time. Suddenly, he felt his right hand being burn or what felt like burning. The rune from his hand was disappearing and the diamond symbol was burning into top of his right hand. Phoenix noticed a black field around the bamboo and felt that he could interact with the field. He also noticed the same field was all around the other bamboo and even the leaves. At that point, Phoenix knew what power was given to him and began to increase the intensity of the fallen bamboo field. As the field was increasing in strength, the bamboo was beginning to crack in several places. The large bamboo broke into many little pieces which will not cause harm to Phoenix. He looked at his hand and for a second, stood in awe. My power is gravity which is something that everyone is bounded to. I can't believe that I didn't think of it sooner. This could even explain why my body felt lighter but I have to get to Kurai and Argilus now. Phoenix continued to run towards the battle and saw Gingitsune and the other pets. He went next to her and could not believe what he saw next.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Nall
Elevated Player

Post by Nall » Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:22 pm

The horrible yelps of pain were mixing with the foul laughter comming from Royce. As Gingitsune and Phoenix burst through the bamboo they couldn't believe it. To them it was like watching a horror film, but it was real. Blood was thrown everywhere. It was a massacre. Royce stood in the middle of the battle torn field, her twinbaldes dripping with scarlet liquid. The blood was a mixture of Kurai's and Argilus'.

Kurai was still standing, holding his most severe wound with one hand, pointing the treeweaver at Royce with his other. Argilus however was on the ground in his own pool of blood. If he was alive, he was unconcious. Royce's laughed echoed the room still.
"Well well well... It appear's you're too late my friends! Hahahaha!"

Kurai stared at Royce with pure hatred. In not even a second, she maimed him and destroied his honor. The treeweaver in his hand grew as black as it has ever been. Kurai's mind was completely corrupted now. All that was left of him was blind rage. Kurai suddenly left up and charged at Royce with amazing speed. Royce looked over and smiled.

Kurai's attack speared Royce through the midsection. Royce either didn't have time to move, or chose not to, but the treeweaver apparently skewered her. Kurai's attack however came out the other side and he stumbled. It was like he hit nothing but air. Royce's next statement furthured this illusion.
"Hahaha, silly boy... You can't touch my beutiful skin... You may have become strong with that blade of yours, but you don't have the power's we do!"

Kurai spat at the ground and swung again. The slash went right through the twinblade. Royce shrugged. To confuse the minds of everyone else she took one of her blade's and jabbed it into Kurai. Kurai spat up blood as he cringed backwards. The players and their pets gasped. The thing that was apparently not even there just stabbed Kurai in the stomach. What was going on?

"Hahaha! Foolish freedom fighters! You know nothing of the true terror's of twilight! You've all thought you've become so strong learning your own hacks, developping your own abilities.... We were the one's who created Twilight! This is OUR World now! Your powers are weak, pathetic, it's halarious to watch!"

Blood began to poor down Gingitsune's arm and Phoenix's leg. The pain burned more then a normal cut should. How they were cut they didn't know, but the pain was there.
"Hahaha! Take what you've seen today and let it crush your hopes. When we use our true power's, the unimaginable happens!"

With that Royce's sour laugh filled the room again as Kurai's body suddenly was being sliced and diced. Royce who hadn't moved was just grinning at the group as the corrupted longarm took his final beating. Finally, Royce appeared suddenly under the long arm, held him up with one hand and grabbed his treeweaver with her other. The Treeweaver's color suddenly left it, it just looked like a stick now. Kurai coughed up blood.

"You....Will...never..be...able...to...use...that...we..ap..on..."
Kurai's final words. Royce grinned as a bright white light emited from her bracelet. Gingitsune recognized the attack from the first time they met Royce.

"ULTIMATUM!"
The light shot upward, blinding the players and their pets. When the light subsided, Kurai was gone. Not even data left to cast revive upon. He was gone. Royce grinned, treeweaver in her hand.

"I love watching you all suffer so I'll let you live to fear our power! Hahahaha! Live each day with me haunting your nightmares. When you see me again, I hope you are shaking!"

Royce suddenly disappeared as mysteriously as she appeared. All that was left was the bloody floor and her laugh which slowly began to fade away like it's originator.
Nall//Blademaster | SWORD | Time Headband | Kagayuzen | Hands of Life | White Boots | {Life Drain}{Skill Drain} <Rue Crack> <Rue Revolver> <Ap Do> <Miu Lei> <Ol Repth> <Rip Maen>

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Tue Jun 08, 2004 3:09 am

After Royce disappeared, Phoenix fell to the ground from the wound that Royce caused earlier. "Repth!" He casted the healing spell on his leg which made the wound disappeared but the blood from it remain. Phoenix sheathed his Singing Blade and stood back up. He went over to the bloody Argilus and kneel down. "Suzaku, help me heal Argilus." Phoenix called out to the bird. They both casted Repth on the fallen warrior but with no luck. It was like earlier before when Phoenix was in a similar situation.

"It seems that Argilus is alive but who knows what Royce did to him." Suzaku said to her master. "I agreed." Phoenix said as he took Argilus's pluse on his neck and continue to talk. "We may trapped within in the World as data but our bodies are like our real bodies. I think it will be awhile before Argilus could back to us. For now, let's get out of this cursed field." Phoenix grabbed around Argilus's body and put it on top of his shoulder. Phoenix could not believe how light the body was and thought that the gravity power somehow increase his strength. "Gingistune-sama, I'm going to head back to the hideout and put Argilus's body on a bed. Suzaku, let's go." The bird flew towards Phoenix and transform into a necklace to disquise herself from the normal players in the World. The familar golden rings made Phoenix disappear from the bamboo forest and back to Dun Loireag.

As Phoenix was heading towards the Grunty Farm, many players were looking at him because of Argilus's current state. He ignore them because he did not have time to get an explaination. Also, worrying about them would bring up some red flags. He managed to reach the Grunty Farm and went behind it. The familar rock was still intact and tap on the rock to make the door appear. Phoenix opened the door and went into the hideout. The door closed behind him as he put Argilus onto one of the beds. Phoenix found some bandages to cover the wounds that Argilus receive from the fight. He pulled up a chair and brought it near a bed. He sat down on the chair and look over the fallen warrior.

"Somehow, we failed as guardians." Suzaku randomly said as she went back to her bird form. The bird was on Phoenix's shoulder and overlooking Argilus as well. "You didn't fail us but it was we that failed you. I know that I failed you. You told me that my desire to save everyone would destroy me and nearly did. The old Phoenix would blame himself right now for what happen to Kurai and Argilus. I believe now that the way the events happen could not be any different even if my fight with Kurai did not happen. Also, I know this. I will not give up. I will use these new powers against Royce or any other hacker that will stand in our way. I do not know much about the Twilght but they are not unbeatable. I will not give in to them. Suzaku, let's hope that Argilus comes back to us and for me to say sorry for I what I did to him."

Phoenix's speech gave hope in Suzaku's eyes. She noticed the new determination that Phoenix gave off but she wonder what made Phoenix change so drastically. I wonder who was the person who saved Kazuma from the data drain.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:13 pm

It was getting to be interesting again, or at least mildly so. There were some note worthy events, but none to date that really grabbed her interest and held it. She thought loudly to herself while stared at the sky, somewhat amused; if all of this boring stuff was going to happen, then it would simply have to balance itself out. "Let's see... Nighthand swallowed by darkness... eh." With a shrug, she continued to comtemplate the possibilities. "Kurai posessed by a weapon of great power; well, it's a pretty idea, but it lacks entertainment value. Maybe pheonix getting data drained? No no no, asgard already did it once. Yep, something interesting is bound to happen." With a satisfied nod, she grinned. She could sense the presence of someone with a very old hack. It was an old presence too. It was... Hijinx's eyes lit up, her feet ten steps ahead of her. It was about time she got to bash this one, and she was going to make it last.

More ticker tape punched out back in the library like room, with an annoyed scientist sipping his coffee close by. Reading the data that was sent, he emptied his mouth of the caffine laced fluid, projecting it all over his monitor. Grabbing his cellular phone, he started making the most important phone call of his life.

Meanwhile, the rabbits feet entered the bloodied arena, her body in tow. Shaking her head, she looked around a little more and tried to clean her foot. "I hope this won't stain my fur... huh?" She looked up just in time to see royce, in what she considered graceful effeciency, obliterate kurai. Somewhat disapointed, she watched pheonix take the mangled form of Argilus away. Waiting for a few seconds, the twinblade walked up to gitgitsune and crossed her arms. "I think we should be on our way." Gating out hijinx thought to herself a little more and smiled. Things were about to get very interesting indeed.
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:17 pm

As Royce disappeared Gingitsune was shaking. Shaking with an absolutely terrifying anger that spread through her body, her teeth-clenched hard, her whole face set in a mask of deep and bitter hatred, her gentle violet eyes dark and stormy, and her hands gripping the black-rimmed Cybele with such ferocity, that Gingitsune's own palms were bleeding from where her long nails bit into her skin.
The energy emanating from Cybele in this ultimate anger was pulsating around the room, creating a somber, dark wind throughout the half-destroyed clearing. Jocasta herself bristled, fangs protruding and tail and legs stiff.

"She will pay for this..." Gingitsune said, finally gathering up her voice to speak, though it came out in a low, bestial growl.

As she struggled to keep her temper Phoenix disappeared, taking the injured Argilus with him... she supposed he was taking him to the hideout to heal, but by then her ears were filled with the anger that coarsed her entire body. She had promised herself that she would not let anyone get hurt, and yet here they were again... they had not fought the hackers in a long time, and now it only seemed natural to her that Royce would appear again...

"She had no right though... Gingitsune said, loosening her arms, and letting the droplets of blood from her palm fall onto the hard ground at her feet, "What motive, what reason did she have to attack here?"

Jocasta scratched her leg lightly, reminding her that there was nothing left here to do, and Gingitsune nodded in assent. It was empty, the sound of clanging weapons was no more, and there was only a deep, pervading silence. The silence cut through Gingitsune more than the bling of metal upon metal, it was the silence that came after pain and suffering, the calm after the storm.

With one final glance around the room, Gingitsune gated out, putting in the information for the return to the hideout. Jocasta studied her mistress' face solemnly, the close drawn tight-lipped countenace scared her, it meant that her mistress would do something stupid, would do something rash and not well thought out. She would hold her grudge against Royce until either one of them was destroyed...

Cypher
Exalted Player

Post by Cypher » Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:43 pm

I must say...this quest is dissapointing to judge. I expected more from the mian plot...it was a nice story, but lack of dedication, and several branched off quests caused it to look so bleh. Nighthand, Zavier and Phoenix were constantly there, all you guys need to do is make them posts longer...

Gingi tried to tough it out, and it came out good. Just add more content to your posts. The rest...whip yourselves in shape for Pandora's. I expect to give out no more than 3 levels for it!

Rewards:

Asgard + 1 lvl.
Gingitsune + 3 lvls. + Greave Sticker + Harry Potty Plushie +Harry Potty Bikini Set
Argilus + 1 lvl. + Bandit Mail
Nighthand + 2 lvls.
Zavier + 2 lvls. + Thunder Cloak
Phoenix + 2 lvls. + Seal Sword
Hijinx + 1 lvl.
Strato + Light Giver
Wren + 2 Level 1 Scrolls of your choice
Tirath + Menhir Sword
Kayin + Frost Armor
Vera + 1 level 1 Scroll of your choice
Wishlist: Ends of Earth (11 BM), Black Sharp Angel Wings, BM Swords (Rare/Common)

New sig coming soon!