Enter the World through the Theta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:00 pm

"This is certainly... New." Nighthand mumbled to himself, as the world shattered and was replaced by Hijinx's little island paradise.

"New place for a hideout? Could be easier than in a root town... But then... Where ARE we?"

Shaking his head slightly, he started walking down the stairs. Soon outdistanced by the rest of the party, he was the last off the off staircase at the bottom.

So... does this sort of thing happen often?

Not as often as you might think, with her. She's usually off doing her own thing... Sometimes, she's actually useful.

Wow... Such power she must command. Is she a hacker?

We... don't quite know what she is. Up until recently, she was simply another player. But, then she turned herself into a rabbit... changed her class... and now this... and she always seems to have things that shouldn't be here, like fish and buckets and such.

So she's probably a hacker, but wouldn't that mean she'd have to not be in a coma like the rest of you?

Oh, you already know about that? you're catching on quick, here. No, she might be able to hack while stuck inside... but then, she may have been playing along this whole time.

Or she's one of the hacker elites you've been fighting this whole time...

I'd rather not think about it that way... That could be Very, Very bad. I suspect she has more power than the rest of the hackers combined... I don't want it turned on us, even in thought.

But still, the thought nagged at him... It wasn't a pleasant concept.

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:31 am

Phoenix was up like Gingitsune but for an entirely different reason. He was continuing training himself to use his powers. When he was in reality, he was not a morning person. He was a creature of the night because he could get some work and fun done without being bothered with other things. Now, he could not be the creature of the night especially the concept of night did not exist in Dun Loineag. The Theta root town was in eternal daylight which should have screw up Phoenix’s internal clock but it has not. Somehow, he manages to sleep when it is nighttime in reality.

Phoenix and Suzaku was on a roof of one of the buildings of the root town. Phoenix used his powers on himself this time and was trying to catch Suzaku. He increased the gravity around himself to two times of Earth’s normal gravity. He was trying to increase his strength and speed by getting used to heavier gravity. He decided to chase his loyal guardian to overcome the sluggish movements that he had been experiencing. His body felt like a ton of bricks was all his arms, legs, and back. He could barely walk in this state of gravity but he was increasing his speed slowly. The increased gravity put pressure onto the bones of his body since they were not adapted for higher gravities. Suzaku was toying with Phoenix by moving at a slower speed than she was normally capable of doing. She floated in the air while Phoenix was slowly trying to reach her. Suddenly, Phoenix somehow leap towards the bird but missed as she managed to sidestep his attempt to grab her.

Phoenix landed on the rooftop in a belly flop. He left an imprint on the rooftop due to the increased weight from the increased gravity. He still had his powers applied to himself as he tried to get back up from his failed leap but suddenly, he fell back to the ground. The reason for him falling back to the rooftop was Hijinx’s weird wakeup call. One of these days, I will cook that rabbit for dinner. Phoenix quickly thought to himself as he was still on the ground with his powers still on himself. He decided to go back to half gravity as his mood to train was destroyed by the rabbit’s loud voice. He managed to stand onto the rooftop with ease. He was more relaxed now especially now that he does not feel two ton weights are on his body.

Phoenix looked for the rabbit and managed to find her in the center of the town. Then he looked towards Suzaku and said, “Let’s see what Hijinx woke everyone up for.” With those words, the bird transform into a necklace on Phoenix’s neck. He leaped off the roof and landed on the ground softly. He raced towards the center of the town which he saw Tirath, Gingitsune, Tempest, and Nighthand along with the rabbit. Suddenly, he saw Hijinx smash the ground with her fist which in appearance destroyed the entire root town as pieces of the town shattered like glass.

Phoenix now saw a blue sky with a crystal staircase that lead to a tropical island. He could not believe that the rabbit forced them to be here. He noticed that there were no other players here. He had his blows with the rabbit especially with the recent quest as he tried to burn her alive. What is this place? He thought to himself.

“I don’t know but it makes you wonder about Hijinx’s true potential.” Suzaku said to her master. Yeah, I agreed. Her jester ways could be a front. She could probably defeat me in a fight even with my gravity powers. This place may look like a paradise but who knows what evil maybe here. It looks like the women are having fun here but I feel unease. I should go down to the island like the rest of them. Phoenix thought back to his guardian and slowly walked down the stairs to the island. As he stepped down the crystal stairs, he thought one more thing. Pandora’s box? What an interesting name for this place. Could this be where our hope for the future is placed or the beginning of the end for everyone here?
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Wish List: Phoenix's Fire, Gold Necklace
EX-Spheres: LV 3 - Overdrive, LV 3 - Curative, LV 3 - Elemental Breath

Vera
Exalted Player

Post by Vera » Mon Aug 02, 2004 9:14 pm

ooc: Hey is it too late for me too get in on this one?
Weapon: Shadow Guns
Armor: GunnerHeadband|Gunner Cloak|Dark Gunner Gloves|Shadow Anklet
Skills:Rapid Shot|Ani Eater|Ap Torv|La Repth|Ani Kruz
Money:8608
Items:Many
Power: Night Vision and Blindness Immune
Wishlist: More Ultra Light Gunner Equipment

Golden Orb is Currently: faint blue glow

Cypher
Exalted Player

Post by Cypher » Mon Aug 02, 2004 9:23 pm

(OOC: If you do get into this one, stick with your WM class. Once this one is done, you can embark as a gunner)
Wishlist: Ends of Earth (11 BM), Black Sharp Angel Wings, BM Swords (Rare/Common)

New sig coming soon!

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:24 am

(ooc: i believe it is too late, seeing as we waited for weeks doing nothing but finding out who was in, and now we're inside hijinx's world... )

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:00 pm

OOC: Of course she can join, it's a realm of infinite possibility. Just don't track mud in my house! :D
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."

Vera
Exalted Player

Post by Vera » Tue Aug 03, 2004 7:12 pm

ooc: Thanks Jinx, I'll edit this with a post in a few hours.

EDIT: Ok here we go, first post back, hehe enjoy. I'm just gonna continue from the current thing, and will some up where I was in Dun in my post, during a thought

A pair of soft hazel eyes began too open as the were quickly met with a pair of yellow eyes, a soft voice and weight on her stomach,"Vera, you need too get up." Kitski said too Vera with her cocky vulpine smile. The kitsune was in its more feral form of the red fox with several extra tails, which patted softly against her partners' stomach.

"Ohh, just let me sleep, Kit." A young woman said, as she looked around and saw that building she slept on that night; was no longer there. She stood up slowly as her blood red hair fell behind her as she dusted off her cloak and clothing. Vera had completely changed; the once feline wave mistress, was no longer feline and was no longer of the Wave Master class. She now wore a pure black cloak, which matched the rest of her dressings.

"Was that piercing noise, one of your old friends." Kit spoke with a rather angry tone, which showed her headache.

"Ohh, god no. That wasn't Hyjinx in my dream.....shes around here" She replied as she looked around. "Well, if there's one thing I know, it's that they'd be somewhere in here" she said as they started walking through the weird world the root town became.

Over here; Over there; they searched the area, but found nothing till a minor sound in Kitskis' ear drove them too the center of the town. There Vera saw some faces, that she had dreamed of seeing for a long time. "Hello everyone" she said as she and her partner stepped forward, with a smile. The woman smiled at everyone as her eyes began too collect tears.

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:33 am

Nighthand met up with a player at the bottom of the stairs whom he had been eyeing for some time on his descent.

What class is that? I havn't seen that specialty before... For once Nighthand had no answer for his questioning self.

I don't know what she is... but that's Vera all right.

Nighthand gathered his thoughts and went to greet the returnee.

"Vera, you've changed since we last met."

She turned and nodded. "Yeah, quite a bit, and done a hell of a lot too."

"Hmm... sounds like a long story. I see you managed to get a creature like the rest of us..." He look around a bit, nodding to himself. "Though mine seems conspicuously absent."

"Yep, Me and Kit hav ebeen together since i disappeared from you all, I love her so much."

He nodded again at the clearly show affection. "And i also see a bit of achange in your class... What exactly are you now? A wavemistress nolonger..."

"I'm glad you asked." she responded, a gleam in her eye. She pulled out a gun, quite out of place from the rest of her surroundings, and twirls it around her finger with a decidedly cocky smile. "Take a guess."

Nighthand smiles to himself, his guesses confirmed. "Looks quite powerful to me... I'm assuming you know how to use this form, given your apparent adeptness... What would you say to a sort of... working alliance?"

The gunner shot a look to her vulpine companion, who nodded in return. "Hmm, well, fine then, we happily agree and accept."

"Excellent... We can work out the details later... For now, there seems to be a party brewing at that little bar, what say we join the rest?"

"Alright then. Yeah, let's get plastered... if we can." she responded, smiling.

"Hmm, yes, lets." Nighthand nodded, adn together they walked off towards the bar, where, indeed, a party seemed to be brewing. Most of the others had already taken up residence, though a few of the more paranoid had chosen to place themselves as lookouts.

This could be an interesting information gathering event, if indeed the alcohol works. The silver blade commented.

Indeed... Even if not, the psychological effects can be watched as well...

Nighthand proceeded into the bar, Vera just ahead of him.

Maybe this won't be so bad after all...

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:19 pm

OOC: Sorry about the delay, lets get cracking!

Everyone sseemed to be adapting fairly well to hijinx's little island. She just wondered if they knew exactly what she had planned for them. Walking up to the door, she pulled out a battering ram. Looking over her shoulder, she gave a flashy smile and laughed in tempest's direction. "I didn't. This was supposed to be a cage for someone VERY important." With that, she slammed the ram into the double doors and laughed as they both gave way with a crack. Smiling all the way, she bounded into the hall and up the stairs, down the other stairway and through the kitchen. Hijinx's ears twitched as she came flying out of the kitchen and back into the large entrance chamber. "Already? Somebody must really like me to send me play mates this soon after my arrival!" The rabbit was outside and on the beach almost instantly. With a deft flick of the wrist she whipped out a small gun and placed the barrel inside a small metallic hole in the sand. She pulled the trigger, the island shook, and planes began to rise out of the sand, shining in the bright sunlight. "Come on everyone, lets play!" Coming their way was a troop of 7 goblins, each with it's own plane. Hopping into the closest one, hijinx smiled and took off.

OOC: Take out the enemy anyway you can! Be creative! :D
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:51 am

Phoenix could not exactly enjoy himself on Hijinx's Pandora Box because of the character of Hijinx herself. He could never believe the facade that she puts up on the outside. He will be always on edge since she may hold a grudge for his attempt to kill her a week ago. He noticed the appearance of a mysterious woman in black. At first, he did not recognized the person but Nighthand knew who she was. It was Vera. Phoenix had only met Vera once before but she was a different person back then. He remembered her as the Feline Wavemistress. Her temper was legendary but now she lost her feline appearance and opt for the all black look. He noticed that she pulled a gun out. I wonder if she created a new class for herself or someone else did. But the true question is where she has been all this time.

"One thing that the rabbit did well was making this island beautiful." The familiar voice of his guardian echoed in his head as she transformed from the necklace disguise to her real form. "I hated it when you are right sometimes, Suzaku. The beach is beautiful. I would take a swim but who knows what creatures..." Phoenix could not finish his sentence as the entire island began to shake. What now? "Kazuma-sama, I think you should look at this." Suzaku said with a concern voice.

Phoenix saw a bunch of planes on the ground and in the air. He noticed Hijinx jumped in one of the grounded planes and took off into the air. There was seven enemy planes but Phoenix was not going to play Hijinx's rules. He knew that the others do not know of his new powers yet. He also wanted to test them in combat. "Why aren't going into the weird flying machine? You cannot beat the enemy on the ground." Suzaku said to Phoenix. "You forget that I'm the Master of Gravity. Nothing in the air could completely overcome gravity forever." Phoenix said with a smile.

One of the goblin planes broke off from formation and headed towards Phoenix and Suzaku's way. The enemy plane began an attack run at them by firing its machine guns. Phoenix began to run away from the plane avoiding its fire while Suzaku took to the air. He could not outrun the plane and was about to run over by the plane when he dove to the ground. The plane flew right by Phoenix and began to climb higher into the air. Phoenix quickly got up and began to focus on the plane's gravity field. Let's see how well a plane can fly in five times normal gravity. The plane's gravity field increased greatly and began to shake violently. It could not go any further into the air and began to slowly drop to the ground. The plane's engine could not deal with the newly aquired weight and exploded from the stress of the weight. The plane became a fireball and was pludging very quickly. The goblin ejected out of the plane and opened a parachute. Phoenix began to head towards the goblin and jumped up in the air. Due to the constant half-gravity field, Phoenix could jump higher than most people but he still could not reach the goblin without some help. "ANI CRACK!" The attack caused an additional boost to Phoenix's jump which allowed him to reach the parachuted goblin. Phoenix's darkness sword attack striked at the goblin at the same time when the fiery plane crashed on the ground. The goblin pilot was weak without the plane and was quickly defeated by one attack.

Phoenix landed safely back on the ground and faced the fiery wreckage of the goblin plane. He sheathed his Seal Sword as Suzaku landed on his shoulder and said. "Well done. I guess I was not needed." Phoenix took his right hand and said while petted his guardian on the head. "I need you more than ever. Creatures or machines of the air depend on aerodynamics and lightweight to overcome gravity. If change one of the things, then the creature or the machine can't overcome gravity as well or not at all. We should watch the rest of this battle and see how the others fare against the goblin planes." Phoenix and Suzaku turned away from the burning wreckage and watched the aerial battle between the goblins and the others.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Wish List: Phoenix's Fire, Gold Necklace
EX-Spheres: LV 3 - Overdrive, LV 3 - Curative, LV 3 - Elemental Breath

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:33 am

Hijinx's plane spiraled through a line of fire and downwards, making an abrupt turn to the left and up past a startled goblin. Laughing with glee, she sent herself into a barrel roll and vigorously pressed a large red button with her foot. Steel shutters formed from the front of the aircraft and quickly closed along the plane, making an oval barrier all around it. The spherical object flew into the air, spinning like a bullet into the heavens. Strafing left, one of the goblins narrowly avoided collision with the metal cased plane but was quickly surprised by a pair of rockets zipping over his wings from behind. Looking back to see what was behind him, the goblin was shocked to see nothing, but more shocked by the sudden explosion of the rockets that were fired. The flying machine shuddered from the force of the blast and shakily entered the smoke cloud left by the boom. Exiting the cloud of smoke, the creature suddenly became aware of the plane he had been fighting as it entered the front of his personal airplane.

The two planes were instantly incinerated by the crash, but the goblin floated slowly downwards via parachute. Much to his alarm and dismay, hijinx, diving headfirst through the clouds, happened to be within arms reach of the terrified creature. Grabbing his legs, she swung upwards and flipped slicing the chute's lines. Screaming out of fear and anger, the goblin flailed menacingly at nothing in particular until the twinblade kindly rammed the monster into the top of another plane as it flew by with her feet. The plane sunk low towards the ocean for a moment before regaining control and started pulling up. The goblin embedded in the plane disappeared as hijinx, jumping from the plane while it was close to the water, ran over the ocean for a few seconds before braking on the beach.

Having seen pheonix using her powers, hijinx knew what would happen next. Ducking behind a tree as quick as she could, she whooped as a huge wave of water filled in an extensive crater left by the plane.

"I forgot to mention something. There's a little thing called the ripple effect in place here... you might want to think carefully before you act."

The plane sank deeper into the sand, mostly decimated by the crash and gravity. As it sank, it pulled more and more of the loose earth around it into the hole.

"If you don't think about what you're doing very carefully..." Finished with it's sinking, the remnants of the plane settled with a creak as the effects of pheonix's gravity powers wore off "you might get someone hurt." Urbosh's tail uncurled from underneath the smoldering wreckage.

Rolling her eyes, hijinx called over to her pet. "Would you stop playing dead and get over here?" Melting into a gooey puddle, urbosh oozed out from under the plane. It burbled angrily as it quickly sloshed over to it's owners side, where it continued to bubble to itself about inconsiquential things.

"There, don't you feel better now that you can show off your real form?" Urboshed happily turned into a smiley face.

OOC: There you go, another interesting twist to liven up the battles! 8) I hope you all like my pet too!

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:19 am

Nighthand, upon seeing the goblin planes appear, thought it would be an easy time. After all, partnered with a gunner, it shouldn't be too hard to make some kind of AA cannon out of her.

The effects of Phoenix's attack, however, made him re-evaluate his tactics.

I'm not sure what exactly he used... but we had best be careful with our attacks.

Our? I don't intend to let you out unless I need to. Just because we have a combat alliance, doesn't mean I'm going to relinquish control of my body at the drop of a hat.

So I just kick back and watch, is that it?

Just about, yeah.

Humph.
The mental snort was accompanied by several less welcome feelings. At least you can let me fight once in a while.

Maybe, maybe not. We'll see how good you act.

Another mental snort, and his compatriot subsided.

Turning, Nighthand started to ask "Well Vera, how shall we take these on?" But a glance showed her already taking aim at one of the circling planes. Shrugging to himself, Nighthand watched which plane she was aiming for.

"Nighthand, I want to take these down in one shot. So if there's anything you can do to make the bullets more... destructive, do it."

"Yes, ma'm." Nighthand smirked to himself. "Shouldn't be too hard."

I can deal with the consequences of Hijinx's so called ripple effect when they arise.

A shot rang out, and Nighthand was almost caught off guard. Mentally shifting himself into 'speed' mode, he tracked the bullet on it's swift flight up at the planes overhead. It missed by a hair, but a second shot was on it's way before the first had missed. This one was more accurate, tearing through the aircraft's metal hull, nearly taking out it's pilot.

THERE! Nighthand caught hold of the sparks created by the bullet tearing through metal, twisted and merged them into a flaming bullet of his own, and sent it tearing through the hull inwards, striking the fuel lines and igniting them. The plane exploded in a shower of metal fragments, the goblin unable to eject in time.

"How's that?" He asked the gunner.

"Not bad, but it was still my kill."

Nighthand shrugged to himself and prepared for the next.

(Let's see what you can backlash me with for this, jinxy.)

Vera
Exalted Player

Post by Vera » Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:07 am

ooc: The little thing in here in the third paragraph, I'm only doing this one time for Rapid Shot, and the other for Ani Eater in a different paragraph

Vera wasn't quite pleased with the results of the combination, she would have prefered to do it herself. "Hmm, I'll get the next one on my own." she said as her eyes turned slightly black. "Ready, for this?" she said turning too the ground.

"Always." said Kitski's voice within her mind; she was unsure if Kitski was actually responding or if she was talking too herself again, but it didn't matter.

"Speed of lights and points of time; Give me power, let me show these pions the power of your might. The Darkness shall show its self, only after they all have died; So I beg you show them Pain" Vera yelled as she throw her guns into the air. "Fear it; See it; Rapid Shot!!!" she yelled jumping after them. Her hands grasped them as the started too glow. Taking aim, she smiled for a moment, before her gun started to go fire.

The Goblin Pilot wasn't quite aware of, what was heading towards him, but the instant before his plane was impaled by a wall of lead, he knew. The goblin had managed too eject but his eyes teared as he saw, Vera aiming again.

"Darkness within thyself, I call you to the surface. Your power will be used and a soul shall be ripped, from its vessal." She chanted as the chambers to her guns opened. Taking 2 glowing black bullets from a pouch too her side, she loaded them and took aim. "Your soul is a precious thing, but it belongs too me now. Ani Eater" she said slowly as two loud cracks flew through the air; the bullets quickly transformed into something that looked more like two small claws as the ripped through the gobling. It's shriek was not heard as Vera cocked her head and turned, holstering her guns again.

"Nice work" Kitski's voice said as Vera smiled and nodded[/b][/i]

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:22 am

OOC: Okay then nighthand, lets give you something to worry about. :twisted:

Flying by the shrapnel, a goblin laughed maniacly and flipped a small switch on his dashboard. Electrical sparks flew from the plane as the creature dove headlong towards the falling debris while a shocking field of force engulfed the craft. Instantly drawn into the field, the chunks of remaining metal began to burn hotter and hotter as they spun about, acting like an inpregnible shield for the plane. The effect became increasing deangerous as the plane flew closer to the ocean, acting like a thunder cloud over the water. The engines screamed with intensity as the goblin dove low and turned sideways, the razor sharp steel scalding and ripping it's way through what would have been pheonix and nighthands planes. Small bolts of lightning proceeded to electrify what remained of the two planes, frying the controls and causing the two demolished aircraft to be swept up in the increasingly powerful current.

Smirking with satifaction hijinx gave herself a squeeze for making such a clever AI. The sound of another engine and a large missle launched by another of the planes whistled by her at blistering speed while she took a step back and surveyed the situation.

"Lets see. There's 4 left, one engaged a personalized function and that one..."
Spinning into a seated position, the twinblade narrowly avoided a harecut from the missle launching plane.
"has it's own brand of weaponry." Checking a box on a clipboard she produced from her pocket, she rolled backwards with a cheerful zip into the shade of a palm tree. Reaching to her left she patted urbosh, who had returned to a jellish yet solid ball of watery substance.

Whipping throught the sky at increasing speeds, the goblin pilot pressed a button, releashing one of the planes from his magnetic grasp. It careened towards nighthand like a meteor, leaving a smoking trail and wobbling unpredictibly.

OOC:There you go nighthand, now all you need to do is figure out how to bring it down. Hope you like a challenge.

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:48 am

(woot, post 500 of mine)

"umm..." Nighthand looked up at the flaming ball of... well, flames, with a noticable worry. "How does this work?"

I'm afriad it probably doesn't.

Well, thanks for THAT bit of advice.

"Vera!" Nighthand called. "I'll need a moment, but i'm going to try something. see if you can shatter this thing!"

"Shatter?" she asked, clearly puzzled as to how you can shatter molten metal and flame.

"No time, just ready a move!"

Nighthand shifted everything he had into his speed, even more than he already was. He could feel a noticable slow in the events around him. Even the air seemed sluggish, it was almost growing hard to breathe. The flaming ball of doom seemed to almost hang in the air, moving at a snails pace. Sounds around him muted to a dull roaring vibration.

I hope this works...

Nighthand started by drawing on the fire energy from the meteor above. It was hard, like pulling at chilled molasses. "Apparently speed has it's downfalls..." he mumbled to himself.

Still, despite the effort of the manipulation, he drew the energy. "now, where to ground..." he looked around quickly, and spotted the crater left by the plane Phoenix had brought down. It was sloshing slowly, the water in the bottom not yet settled. "Yes."

Slowly, so unbearably slowly, she funneled the flame energy into the newly formed lake. As the two forces connected, steam began to rise from the crater in large, dense, slow billows of superheated steam. Hurrying as quickly as he could, he finally drew the last of the energy. The resulting mess was a sight to look at, from his enhanced speed. Slowly spinning chunks of metal, small and large, were all that remained of what should have been his plane.

Struck with another sudden idea, Nighthand turned from pumping out the heat and instead drew upon his surroundings, deep down in the water, were it was deathly cold. The sun-starved chill sered well, once harnessed, to freeze the remaining wreckage into place.

Letting up on his speed a bit, the ball sped up dangerously. It shotthrough the cloud of steam risen from it's own heat leaving, and flash-froze into a massive ball of ice.

Releasing most of his hold on speed, reality altered. Low rumbles became deep voices became the roar of engines. The iceball shot at him faster than he remembered it moving.

"Now, Vera!" Nighthand began to turn, satisfied that the ice ball would be taken care of by a barrage of shots when he heard the gun's loud retorts. However, the swiftly spinning ice ball remained unharmed.

Shifting more into his speed, Nighthand shoved very aside and leapt back, just before the massive missile struck. Vera flew several yards, landing rather ungraciously in a makeshift roll that brought her to her feet unharmed. Nighthand's leap, however, was less successful. The ground rose to meet him as the iceball plowed into the ground where he was standing. Sand flung him backwards, where he landed. He slid a ways, finally dragging to a halt when the iceball came to rest. A palm tree freshly uprooted teetered and fell across him, delving him into shadow as a cave of sand and wood was formed.

A flash of heat and a massive roar greeted Nighthand as he rose. He dropped back to his feet as the second fireball shot over his head and exploded behind him. Thankfully, only a few specks of burning ash, heated metal, and liquid sand speckled him. The goblin's second shot, luckily, wasn't as accurate as the first.

Rising again, Nighthand was forced to his back as the goblin swooped in, catching up the swiftly-melting iceball up in it's magnetic grasp. Rising once more as the plane rounded for another shot with it's one remaning bullet, Nighthand spotted Vera taking aim at the plane. Her bullets would have little hope of penetrating the plane's shield of magnetic shrapnel, but she fired anyways.

Tracking the shots as before, he was surprosed when they flew not towards the plane, as he had expected, but towards the ball of ice. Her shots went true, striking the ice ball dead center. Nighthand grabbed the energy released from the sudden creation of shadow, and enhanced the bullet's power with it. They became darkness shots, designed to shatter the ball. Tendrils of darkness, within seconds, laced the ball and expanded, shattering ice and metal apart. The majority of the ice shrapnel fell, coming up short of reaching anyone. the metal was swiftly absorbed into the shield.

Nighthand closed his eyes with a sigh, thankful that the immediate threat was over. Just as his eyes closed, however, a brilliant flash of light erupted in front of him.

Crying out, Nighthand fell back once again. This time, though, he stayed down. Not that he couldn't get back up, he just didn't want to.

Chuckling to himself, Nighthand mumbled. "Apparently darkness has a bit of feedback of it's own as well..."

So it would seem.

At least that part is done with.

Is it though? you still have the plane, and there are other planes sitting there that havn't been touched yet.

Bearer of the bad news....

What?

Nothing... i just have half a mind to shoot the messenger.

Nevermind
SB replied, annoyed.

Nighthand continued to chuckle to himself, ignoring the rest of the battle around him. He had had enough for one time.

(there, that should work for now. my little section is done for the moment, we need to get more people than just me, vera, and phoe to post. I know you're posting too jinxy, but you don't count.)