Enter the World through the Theta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Nall
Elevated Player

Flaming Countdown, Taimudan!? Beautiful Fated Fallen Angel 2

Post by Nall » Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:37 am

(OOC: It's 2 AM right now when I've started this post, and I probably wont get to bed till 3-3:30... but lets just say I was inspired. Also, Asgard, make sure you pay attention. This hacker is NOT Royce. Since you guys have already met Royce I would have specified that. This is a NEW hacker, of whom you will understand more about in this next post)

The ice chilled the room greatly, making Nall shiver slightly. Nall backed off a little as things occured. Nall didn't have a chance to warn them, they attacked too fast for his warnings to reach them.

"Try anything funny, and the icicles will personally make the Treeweaver their personal shiskabob."

The hacker laughed as she looked around the room at the ice that ruined her beautiful vines. She opened her mouth to speak to Asgard, but was stopped by an invisable force comming from Phoenix. Instead, she just smiled at the two warriors trying to take her down.

"Nall! You can't use it yet! You don't have the strength!"
Nayru huffed at him. Nayru flew in front of Nall's face, blocking his view from the hacker. Nall didn't respond.

"Hahahaha! How amusing this is! So, one of you thinks you can beat me with ice? While the other thinks he can beat me with gravity? While I'm impressed at how you've hacked these things into the game, they are both really pathetic renditions of power..."

The hacker moved slightly, digging her Treeweaver into the ground and leaning on it. She appeared to be struggling against the gravity.

"I think it's time I introduced myself... I am one of the hacker elites, mistress of nature, Xenobia!"
Xenobia grinned. She wore somewhat of a skimpy outfit. She wore the bottoms of a bathing suit, or underwear, and her top was like a spidery bikiny top that accented her clevage. At her elbows, started more material that cascaded down her arm, covering her hands slightly when they were straight. Her hair was blonde and long, and on her head she wore a beautifully decorated, golden tiara.

"I also think it's time, you learn your place in this World. MY World!"
The vines that were frozen over suddenly shot up with ferocity, glowing with power. They erupted throughout the room, destorying the ice that had once encased them.

"Fools! Never forget, that WE are the masters of this World! And you are simply the little fly's, annoying us, but thats all you can do!"
The tiara upon Xenobia's head began to glow faintly. Phoenix, felt a sudden explosion inside his head. Phoenix looked up at the group, and smiled menicingly. He then focussed his gravity powers upon the overzealous fistfighter. Xenobia laughed again.

"No no no! No need to conserve your energy Phoenix, it doesn't matter if you die! Hahahaha!"
Phoenix's body crippled to the floor, his gravity powers increasing even more on Asgard.

"....Nall, Sheena gave me a potion...but..."
Nall paused as he watched the two players scream in agony. Any players that tried to go to either of their sides, or attack the hacker herself were knocked away by the super vines.

"I don't care, she's just gonna pick everyone off one by one..."

"I suppose that's enough suffering for you two... I hope your friends brought somehting to revive you! That is, if they'll be staying alive long enough to save you!"
Xenobia appeared suddenly in front of the crippled Asgard, and then, just as quickly jabbed the spear through his torso. The Treeweaver exploded with dark green light, vapourizing Asgard. Phoenix met the same fate seconds later. The group gasped at the speed and power, and were still confussed about what just happened. Nall took the potion and drank it, ignoring the note attached....
Sheena's Note wrote: I made this just for you! It'll perk you right up! I love you sweety!
"Xenobia, mistress of nature and master of minds... Bearer of the Tiara of Twilight or as it's better known, Master's Crown. She has the power to completely control a player and their abilities, as well as control their stats..... I've heard stories of how she made someone slowly kill themselves cause they insulted her."
Nall walked forward towards Xenobia. She turned to smile at Nall.

"Oh, I thought you were going to go cry in the corner Nall... Don't tell me that killing these idiots sparked some more fight in you! Hahaha! You're more amusing then I thought! But I'm done playing with you, go die."
Vines shot at Nall from every direction. Nall smiled back at Xenobia making no action to move.

"I'm a barrel of fun Xenobia..."
The vines crashed into the place where Nall was standing. When they retracted, Nall was gone.

"Hmmm? Where'd he go? I didn't see him move..."
Nall appeared in front of Xenobia's face, fist wound back.

"Don't underestimate me."
Nall drilled his hand into Xenobia's face, launching her to the other side of the room. Nall appeared beside her while she was still moving, delivering another kick to send her into the thorn wall with a greater velocity. There was a large crash as the room shook slightly. Some of the players ran over to see what happened. Xenobia got up from the vines and glared at Nall.

"How?"

"I guess you really haven't heard yet..."
Nall reached into his shirt, and pulled out his golden amulet that was shining brightly. Xenobia glared slightly.

"Even with that you can beat me..."
Xenobia charged towards Nall with increadible speed. But Nall simply disappeared, reappearing over her slamming his elbow into her back. Xenobia got to her feet again and looked over at Nall.

"Grrr... You still havent dealt any damage to me... Nor will you ever! But this could be troublesome... Very well! You leave me with little choice Nall! I was hoping to use this to destroy Dun Loireag, but meet my newest pet!"
A large magic portal appeared in the middle of the room. Everyone, including Nall stepped away from it as it activated.

"I give you, TAIMUDAN!"
From the portal came a very very....small monster... It appeared to be a small fireball with a face. It looked at the group ferociously. But really, it looked like one of those tiny puppies that growl at you thinking it's tough. Nayru bolted it towards Nall, so fast he bumped into his head.

"IT'S TAIMUDAN!!! WE HAVE TO GET OUT OF HERE NOW!!!"
The frenzied creature shouted. The players were confussed, as usuall. What's so deadly about a tiny monster that's glaring at you? Xenobia spoke up.

"Sorry little flying creature, but when I leave, this field will be blocked and sealed off. Not even Nall's hacking can get you out of this field unless the monster dies! Ta ta! Hahahaha!"
Xenobia disappeared with a few golden rings falling around her. Nayru shouted into Nall's face.

"OH MY GOD!!! OK! OK! EVERYONE STAY CALM! We just need to beat this thing within the time limit right?"
Nall sighed as the monster grew slightly larger. Nayru's eye's opened wide.

"Taimudan's timer is less then a minute... Not even Royce could kill it that fast..."

"WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE! IT'S YOUR FAULT YOU STUPID IDIOT!"
Nayru started to claw at Nall's face. Nall slapped Nayru away and shouted to the group.

"This thing is basically a time bomb! We need to kill it FAST! I can slow down the timer... but I can only slow it down so much! Don't forget to revive Phoenix and Asgard, we'll need their help!"
Taimudan looked over towards Nall and glared. Nall shook his head and put his hands together. He was mumbling something to himself while the rest of the group got organized. Taimudan waited for the first person to attack, before it started it's own onslaught.

"This potion better last Sheena..."

(OOC: Alrighty, the room is still covered in vines, cept now the vines arn't moving. The vines are immobile, they're simply sceanary/terrain.

Taimudan info:

For this, I'm gonna rate it's stat's/abilities/whatever on a scale from 1-10, 1 being weakest, around the level of a say lighteria, and 10 being strongest, around the level of insanity. Most of you would rate as a level 3 in general, some of the stronger players, like gingi, would rate as a 4 or MAYBE a 5.

Strength: 3
Defense: 3
Magic defense: 6 (Magic will virtually not hurt it)
Magic attack: 6 (Magic will rape you, lower level players will die one hit from level 3+ spells or 2+ summons, beware)
speed: 2 (very slow in comparisson to most bosses)
intelligence: 2 (and very dumb in general)

Abilities: Every fire magic ability and summon: (edit by Nights: Nall, change it again if this is too much....)

Ap Vakz, Dek Vakz
Vak Don: Lvl 1 Drop
Vak Rom: Lvl 1 Tornado
Vak Kruz: Lvl 1 Converge
GiVak Don: Lvl 2 Drop
BiVak Rom: Lvl 2 Tornado
GiVak Kruz: Lvl 2 Converge
RaVak Don: Lvl 3 Drop
OrVak Rom: Lvl 3 Tornado
MeVak Kruz: Lvl 3 Converge
PhaVak Don: Lvl 4 Drop
PhaVak Rom: Lvl 4 Tornado
PhaVak Kruz: Lvl 4 Converge
And the summons 1-4
Vulcan, Vulcan Ch, Vulcan Rf, Vulcan Pha

Also, it has "Blaze Spikes" : When you hit it, you get dealt a small amount of fire damage.

Patterns: Taimudan generally attacks mages. It uses a variety of fire magic, not just it's most powerful every time. It's not very bright, and can't hear. Has other specific abilities that will be introduced as the battle progresses.

Notes: Taimudan grow's in size slowly as the battle progresses. The larger it gets, the closer till self destruct and the more powerful it becomes.)
Nall//Blademaster | SWORD | Time Headband | Kagayuzen | Hands of Life | White Boots | {Life Drain}{Skill Drain} <Rue Crack> <Rue Revolver> <Ap Do> <Miu Lei> <Ol Repth> <Rip Maen>

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:17 pm

Gingitsune had kept quiet after the defeat of the first group of creatures, she had wanted to keep out of the argument with Nall as she was more confused about her own thoughts and opinions than she wished to express. She had followed, taking up the rear and listening to the conversations of the others as her power was regenerated within her body. She knew she would need as much of her power as could be conjured- there was no way that the next fight would be simple; Jocasta's fur bristled with anxiety and anticipation, and Cybele glowed a murky black as an aura of war, pain, and misery permeated the dungeon. They would soon reach the hacker, and their destiny. In each quest they faced this challenge, so much more than just a boss battle... it was a struggle to keep up their pathetic existence. If they failed they could die, both in this World, and in the real one, their comatose bodies breathing their last breath. She shuddered imagining it, her grasp on reality had faded somewhat, a survival mechanism perhaps... she couldn't even remember what she looked like out there, in the real world, without some blurriness and intense concentration.

Phoenix's plan was a good one, but like so many others required such sacrifice. Gingitsune often wished that they could just find some solution and get out of the World without more death and destruction. She herself wondered if her magic could help them, she knew of one spell that could destroy just about anything- but it also ran the risk of destroying every single member of her party. Being able to control light, she had found, also put her in control of the source of light- the sun, in their case. One of the most powerful attributes of the sun was its solar flares... A flare is defined as a sudden, rapid, and intense variation in brightness. A solar flare occurs when magnetic energy that has built up in the solar atmosphere is suddenly released. Radiation is emitted across virtually the entire electromagnetic spectrum, from radio waves at the long wavelength end, through optical emission to x-rays and gamma rays at the short wavelength end. The amount of energy released is the equivalent of millions of 100-megaton hydrogen bombs exploding at the same time.

Solar flares exploding on the surface of the sun can cause rolling black-outs, and electrical failures of every kind. If Gingitsune could transpose the flare from the surface of the sun, to their own position she could literally destroy everything on the surface of the World. If she could contain the explosion to just that specific area using her light shield, she could destroy the enemy. Unfortunately, it was beyond her knowledge if she could keep up her light shield and create the solar flare at the same time, or if her light shield would even hold up to that enormous power. If she let her shield down, even for a second, all of her teammates would be incinerated. Nor did she know if she could keep herself alive after an emission of that kind of power, it was likely that she would die as well- not even from the exposure, but from the sheer force of controlling such a disaster.
If it comes to that... she thought, shaking her head.
She pushed the thought out of her mind and concentrated on the present.

Gingitsune felt a chill, and snapped out of her pensive daze, feeling the light within her instantly warming her to a tolerable temperature.
The hacker was introducing herself.
Gingitsune's eyes snapped to the figure across the room, struggling agains the force of gravity and clutching at the powerful Treeweaver.
"I think it's time I introduced myself... I am one of the hacker elites, mistress of nature, Xenobia!"
Gingitsune rolled her eyes that the barely-dressed 'mistress of nature' who haughtily looked down upon them all. Why was it such a common trait of all villains to wear as little clothing as possible? Conceited witch.
She reminded her of another Xenobia, though this one with a Z, the horrible, cruel shrew from Ethan Frome who drove her husband and her cousin to suicide.
How fitting, she thought, glaring at the hacker.

Her power over them was rather disturbing, however, and Gingitsune quickly put up her own shield. Her own powers being wielded by another could have horrible consequences for them all- especially if this Xenobia had the same scope of imagination of the powers of light as Gingitsune herself did.
"Grrr... You still havent dealt any damage to me... Nor will you ever! But this could be troublesome... Very well! You leave me with little choice Nall! I was hoping to use this to destroy Dun Loireag, but meet my newest pet!"
Once again, another hacker cliche. Gingitsune wondered if hackers really were such animal lovers, or if they merely hated to do their own work. They were cowards at best, always sending others to do their dirty work.
"I give you, TAIMUDAN!"
At this ominous introduction a horrible strangled cry came from Jocasta's throat, a guttural, primal, cry of death and foreboding that sent shivers down Gingitsune's spine. Cybele shook a waves of light energy whipped back and forth over Gingitsune clenched hands.
This wasn't good.
Nayru had also flown into a panicked frenzy, urging them to leave, but it was impossible.
Whatever Taimudan was, they would have to stay and fight...
"Taimudan's timer is less then a minute... Not even Royce could kill it that fast..."

"WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE! IT'S YOUR FAULT YOU STUPID IDIOT!"
So they would all have to stand and fight, and kill the git in less than a minute. Wonderful.
"This thing is basically a time bomb! We need to kill it FAST! I can slow down the timer... but I can only slow it down so much! Don't forget to revive Phoenix and Asgard, we'll need their help!"
Gingitsune understood the magnitude of the job, they would all have to be on their highest alert. As much as she hated playing healer, she instantly dove into her enormous collection of potions and spells, shielding both Phoenix and Asgard as she revived them.

They would need a good plan, and fast. There was little time for experimentation, and she knew only what little information Jocasta had telepathically sent to her. Mages were in the greatest trouble, Taimudan wielded fire power, and it got larger as it's self-destruct time ticked away.
If they didn't destroy it they would all die.
There was also a chance that many of them would be incapacitated even before the timer ran out, because of Taimudan's powerful magic.

We'll have to outwit it and outlast it, Gingitsune thought grimly.
We need a plan.

Gingitsune sighed, why hadn't she been born with a logical mind?

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:48 pm

What IS that thing? It looks so gumpy...

I can't tell you; I've never encountered something like it before.

Master?

Yes, Shard?

I know what it is... And probably most of the other guardians as well. Jocasta has informed some of it's information to Gingitsune... As you know, it's name is Taimudan... And you're in great danger. It homes in on mages, attacking with powerful fire spells and taking virtually nothing in the way of magical damage. On top of that it's fiery surface makes hitting it physically dangerous.

So, what can I do?

I can aid you somewhat... an Ap Vorma for you to distribute, perhaps... But for the most part my magic, and yours, will go unheeded. The only other thing you could use your powers for would be defense. Perhaps you can redirect the monster's spells away from the party.

That sounds like a good idea... I'll see what I can do. First, give me that Ap Vorma.

The eyes of the cerberus tattoo on Nighthand's body began to glow, and the energy for the magical defense shield spell form in front of him.

First, a hold.... (17)

The spell energies, fluctuating and ready to be unleashed on one player, stabilized in front of him. They grew, slowly but steadily, as Xenobia fled and everyone prepared. Soon, he had enough energy to encompass them all.

An now, a split release... (6)

The globe of energy suddenly collapsed in on him. Before he could release it, the spell warped and struck it's caster. Nighthand, being the tangible form, was immediatly effected by a Dek Vorma. Instead of increasing the magical defense of his party, instead he'd decreased his own.

"DAMNIT!" Nighthand shouted as the effects took place. "Cast another, Shard."

The cerberus complied. Again he tried to hold on, and again the energies stabilized. They grew, but not as fast as before. (hold, 12) I'm wasting time... Immediatly when the energy reached a point he could use, he again tried a split. (5) Again, it failed. The Dek Vorma already in place on him, the spell sought a different target. It locked onto the nearest player, Reinier.

"Not again!" Nighthand muttered, and tried to re-direct it at the Taimudan as a last-ditch effort to not completly ruin everything. (15)

The spell flew directly for Reinier, the glyph beginning to form over his head, when it suddenly flew over and struck the Taimudan. It didn't appear to have any effect, but with such a strange monster, there was no way of knowing. Perhaps the creature would be slightly weaker to magical attacks...

The Taimudan felt the spell, regardless of its' effects, and traced it back to it's caster. It pulsed, and a RaVak Don began to form in the air over Nighthand. He looked up and saw the energies coalesce, and tried to redirect it over to the opposite side of the room. (11)

He barely made it, his redirection sending the nearly completly-formed spell into the wall on the other side. It went off, and a blast of fire energy, then a second and a third, struck the ground in rapid succession. Vines burst into flame, but the fire soon died when the spell was exhausted.

One more time, Shard.

This time, Nighthand didn't even bother to touch the spell. He let it wash over him, counteracting the Dek Vorma and upping his magical defense.

Not that it'll do much good against such high level spells...

Master, I'm low on SP, I'll have to rest some before I can cast another.

That's fine, Shard. Take a break, I'll to as best I can.

That was a pretty impressive display of failures.

Oh, shut your mouth. It's all your fault anyways. Go read a book or something, you have plenty of time.

Nighthand blocked out Silverblade and studied the Taimudan. It didn't appear affected by his spell, but he still couldn't be sure...

(OOC: Just so you know, pretty much all that happened here was a dek vorma on me, then a dek vorma on taimudan, then ap vorma on me. even if the dek vorma on taimudan took effect, it'd be like, two damage per spell instead of one. so don't count on it having a great effect.)

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:53 am

Phoenix could hear what the woman hacker was saying. "Hahahaha! How amusing this is! So, one of you thinks you can beat me with ice? While the other thinks he can beat me with gravity? While I'm impressed at how you've hacked these things into the game, they are both really pathetic renditions of power..." He would not allow his rage to get in the way of using his power on the hacker. He continued to use his power on the hacker with the pain throughout his body even managed to say something to Suzaku. I can't risk the both of us. Suzaku, separate yourself from me. The disguise bird quickly responded by breaking the chain around Phoenix's neck and dropping to the vine-filled ground.

"I think it's time I introduced myself... I am one of the hacker elites, mistress of nature, Xenobia!" Phoenix still continued to use his power on the hacker while still thinking. So her name is Xenobia. Xenobia, you won't have the Treeweaver no longer. The hacker spoke once again. "I also think it's time, you learn your place in this World. MY World!"

"Be careful, Kazuma-sama. I know that you cannot see at the moment but Xenobia broke the ice casing of the vines. The vines are even more powerful now. Xenobia continued with her speech to the group. "Fools! Never forget, that WE are the masters of this World! And you are simply the little fly's, annoying us, but that's all you can do!" It's all up to me n... Arggggg! Phoenix felt a sudden explosion inside his head. He gave a smile which was rare for him but it was not a smile of joy but of evil. His gravity powers have shifted from Xenobia to Asgard now. The guardian tried to reach to the controlled blademaster but her cries went unanswered.

"No no no! No need to conserve your energy Phoenix, it doesn't matter if you die! Hahahaha!" Phoenix's body was lying down on the floor but his powers were still focus on Asgard. Suzaku wanted to help Phoenix but the vines would stopped her in her tracks and also she could not transformed back into her bird form.

"I suppose that's enough suffering for you two... I hope your friends brought something to revive you! That is, if they'll be staying alive long enough to save you!" Suzaku quickly saw her master being stabbed by the Treeweaver for a second time. The bird gave out a cry that no human would understand. "KAZUMA-SAMA! DO NOT DIE ON ME!"

Once after Xenobia left her pet, Taimudan, to deal with the remainder of the group, Suzaku transform back into her bird form and flew to the wavemistress, Gingitsune. The wavemistress of light revived both Asgard and Phoenix back to life. Suzaku flew onto Phoenix's shoulder once he got back up. The bird was trying to hold back her tears as she began to catch Phoenix on current developments. "Xenobia is not only the mistress of nature but master of minds. Her power comes from the Tiara of Twilight a.k.a the Master Crown. I could not even reach you while you under her control. Anyway, she left a little pet for us called Taimudan. We have less than a minute to defeat it before it explodes. Its power increases as it gets larger and has all known fire magic.

Phoenix gave the bird a roll of his eyes before talking back to his guardian. My body is still in pain even after the revival. I can't risk using my gravity on other people or things at the moment but even if I can, the monster is a fireball. I'll cast Ap Vakz once I get my SP back up. He drank the only Mage's Soul that he had in his inventory. While the effects of the Mage's Soul took effect, he switched his Fossil Bracer to his Fishing Gloves. He even changed his sword to the Singing Sword for the ice skill, Rue Slash. He did not know even if the skill would work.

Phoenix cast Ap Vakz around the area that he was around in. Suzaku, cast Ap Do on me and take to the sky. The guardian bird cast the speed spell on Phoenix and flew to the sky after casting the spell. He spoke to Gingitsune and the others. "I think if we all attack with our best ice skills at the same time. We could defeat it easily but I don't think it can be defeated in that way. I think we need a defense in order to survive against the possible explo..." Before Phoenix could finish his sentence, he felt a shot of pain through his body that made him fell to one knee. "I guess I'm still not at 100%. I can't risk trying a physical attack against the Taimudan. I'll stay with you, Gingitsune-sama." Phoenix raised his sword and took a defensive stance in front of Gingitsune.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Wish List: Phoenix's Fire, Gold Necklace
EX-Spheres: LV 3 - Overdrive, LV 3 - Curative, LV 3 - Elemental Breath

Reinier
Awakened Player

Post by Reinier » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:08 pm

"Care to help me with these wounds?.." Someone asked Reinier. He turned around to see Ryok, another heavy blade who came to the field in the tricked group. He seemed pretty banged up, but Reinier could most likely help him.

Damn, you got pretty screwed up by those tigers… should have said something sooner…” Reinier muttered, “Repth.” A magical blue aura encased itself around Ryok’s wounds, healing them and recovering his HP, but this made him wonder something.

Do we even have ‘health points’ anymore…? This is all so new to me… I’ll just ask Nighthand later.

Reinier would have normally thought more to himself about the current situation, but he heard something odd. Someone sneezed. Reinier looked over to see Asgard up and about, running towards Phoenix. He seemed to be freezing to death just standing there, but that couldn’t be right. The dungeon seemed to be so dank and humid that it would be impossible to be freezing or even the least bit chilly in this place.

"It wouldn't be wise to have everyone defend you. Having a whole group of people defending one person would get pretty suspicious," Asgard said. He still seemed to be struggling to keep warm. "She would be able to pick up that you are up to something and act accordingly. Have someone or two people guard you, not the whole battalion.”

"However, I'm not saying that your plan is doomed to fail. However, wrap your head around this one. How much of your power would you need to make the Treeweaver unwieldable? Like it would be similar to trying to lift a building," He continued on, seemingly back to normal. "That's more of an 'ironic' scenario, but if you feel your plan would work better, then be my guest. I'm going to do a little bit of distraction work." Asgard called over for his guardian, and he began to ran over to it, but the vines caused him to fall to the ground, face first.

Reinier chuckled a bit, and wondered what he could do to help the situation. Their plan seemed like a good one, but he didn’t know how he could help at all. Reinier stuck his sword in to the ground, and watched Asgard and the hacktriss argue. Next thing he knew, Asgard free fell from his guardian towards her. Two words echoed in the room, “Rue Cross!

Four lines of icy streams burst out from under Asgard’s arm, shooting north, east, south, and west. Next thing Reinier knew, one line of Asgard’s attack shot straight for him. “Why me…?” he muttered, backing away from his sword subconsciously. He didn’t really know what to do, or how to do it, so he did the first thing that came to mind, fetal position. He shot down to the ground, his left arm contracted to cover his body, and with his fist hovering near his head. He began shaking, wondering why he had to die this way… when he watched as the line shoot in front of him.

Reinier blinked, trying to figure out what happened. He stood up, and looked around. The line forked around the group, and continued on towards the wall. Reinier looked over to see his sword completely encased by ice. “… my… my… my sword…” Reinier muttered. “I liked that sword…

Hahahaha, excellent… the wall is dying! Kill Nall, yes kill him… what has he done for you? NOTHING! KILL NALL!… but make sure the wall’s dead first.

Reinier normally would have looked around who was sputtering out the nonsense, but the fact that now his only weapon besides the Holy Cross stood in front of him, encased in ice, couldn’t be used. His teeth started to chatter now, and it suddenly became really, really cold. He curled his arms together, trying to get a bit of warmth. “Jesus Asgard…” was all Reinier could mutter. He looked over to see that now Phoenix had initiated his attack, using his gravity powers to try and destroy the Treeweaver. Reinier could hear cackling coming from the Hacker’s direction. He looked over and muttered, “Oh God the witch is talking again…

“Hahahaha! How amusing this is! So, one of you thinks you can beat me with ice? While the other thinks he can beat me with gravity? While I'm impressed at how you've hacked these things into the game, they are both really pathetic renditions of power…” She called out. She attempted to move forward, and seemed to stumble a bit because of the gravity. She prodded the Treeweaver in to the ground, using it as a walking stick.

“I think it's time I introduced myself... I am one of the hacker elites, mistress of nature, Xenobia!” Reinier sighed, and thought about sitting down. He watched all the movies, he knew this would be the part where she explained her plan, not doing anything about the crushing gravity or the ice spires that threatened to impale her at any moment.

“I also think it's time, you learn your place in this World. MY World!" She continued on. Just as Reinier had began to zone out, the vines throughout the room began to move, and he looked over to the ice encased vines, perplexed. The vines shot out of their icy tomb, and began to sway faster and faster along with the other vines, as if nothing ever happened. Reinier looked over to see his sword had been shattered, leaving nothing but the handle.

My favorite sword… my only sword…

Oh shit, something bad’s going to happen…” Reinier muttered.

"Fools! Never forget, that WE are the masters of this World! And you are simply the little fly's, annoying us, but that’s all you can do!" It appeared as if a vain in Phoenix’s head exploded, because now he seemed different. He turned to the group, a menacing smile plastered across his face. He seemed to be focusing all of his powers upon Asgard.

That’s going to hurt…” Reinier muttered.

"No no no! No need to conserve your energy Phoenix, it doesn't matter if you die! Hahahaha!" Xenobia called.

This is sick… she’s not human…

Phoenix seemed to have exhausted his powers, fell to the ground, still focusing his powers on to Asgard. Reinier backed way, and fell to the ground, his hands entangled in vines. "I suppose that's enough suffering for you two... I hope your friends brought something to revive you! That is, if they'll be staying alive long enough to save you!"

With sub-human speed, she appeared in front of Asgard, who seemed plastered in to the ground, unable to move at all. Without flinching, she skewered Asgard with the Treeweaver, and unleashed an attack of pure energy. Nothing. Nothing left of Asgard anymore, not even an arm or a leg, the spell vaporized the poor man. Reinier couldn’t do a thing. He was reduced to being a spectator while this woman massacred the group.

Next to fall, Phoenix. Just as quickly as she killed Asgard, Xenobia killed Phoenix. She rushed in front of the Blade Master at lightning-fast speeds, and impaled Phoenix. Another blast of energy, and Phoenix joined Asgard in death. Reinier gulped, feeling like he would be the next victim because he was closest. He shot up to his feet, through out his arm and called out, “Vak…!” and before he could finish his sentence, someone else began speaking.

"Xenobia, mistress of nature and master of minds... Bearer of the Tiara of Twilight or as it's better known, Master's Crown. She has the power to completely control a player and their abilities, as well as control their stats..... I've heard stories of how she made someone slowly kill themselves cause they insulted her," Nall said calmly.

Nall? I thought he died… or if he was alive he was just crying in a corner somewhere… GO KILL HIM!

Reinier sighed, slightly annoyed by whoever kept saying these subliminal messages. "Oh, I thought you were going to go cry in the corner Nall... Don't tell me that killing these idiots sparked some more fight in you! Hahaha! You're more amusing then I thought! But I'm done playing with you, go die."

Reinier held in a chuckle from the “go die” statement she said, but before anything could even happen, Nall seemed to be smiling. Even though the vines were about to impaled him, this freakish little Blade Master smiled. "I'm a barrel of fun Xenobia..."

Oh yeah, he’s gone insane. Well that’s it, we’re screwed.

Vines crashed where Nall once stood. “What the hell!?” Reinier called out, surprised for once.

"Hmmm? Where'd he go? I didn't see him move..." Xenobia muttered. Nall appeared in front of her face, his fist wound back.

“Don’t underestimate me,” Nall said to her. He smashed her face in, unleashing a devastating punch to her face.

Reinier blinked and said, “Damn, someone had their Wheaties this morning…

Xenobia flew across the room, with Nall following. While still flying across the room, Nall delivered a kick to Xenobia’s back, causing her to take a last minute flight change in to the wall, still made up of giant ass thorns. Reinier moved around so that he could get a better view of the ass-kicking, finding his current position pretty hard to see from. He jogged behind the group, and stood near the thorny wall. The two hackers seemed to be arguing, then the next thing Reinier knew, Xenobia shot out of the wall towards Nall.

As if they were watching something from Dragon Ball Z, Nall disappeared, only to reappear over Xenobia. He slammed his elbow in to her back, causing her to crash in to the ground. “She must like it rough… oh wow, did I say that?” Reinier muttered to himself.

"Grrr... You still haven’t dealt any damage to me... Nor will you ever! But this could be troublesome... Very well! You leave me with little choice Nall! I was hoping to use this to destroy Dun Loireag, but meet my newest pet!" A magic portal appeared in the middle of the room, causing everyone, even Nall, to back up a bit. Reinier, being in the corner of the room, backed up in to thorns. His clothes seemed to get caught in the vines, but he could most likely wiggle out of them.

"I give you, TAIMUDAN!"

And out from the depths of the portal, a small fireball pounced out. He seemed kind of cute, but something felt all too familiar about this situation. “I feel like I’ve seen that before… from a game… Final Fantasy, ya, that’s the one. I lov… IT’S A BOMB!” Reinier shouted. He began to jog back towards the group, knowing that someone would have to make a plan. The vines made movement hard still, so he was still slower then normal.

"Sorry little flying creature, but when I leave, this field will be blocked and sealed off. Not even Nall's hacking can get you out of this field unless the monster dies! Ta ta! Hahahaha!" And with her reign of terror complete, she gated out of the dungeon. Reinier gulped, starting to panic a bit for once. He trudged quicker, only to fall face first in to the vines.

Damnit…

Klutz

Nall called out.

Hey, I was right for once…

It seemed like Nall began to pray, not a good sign. “When the leader of this God-forsaken group begins to pray, that’s when I panic…” Reinier muttered. He gulped and looked down at his necklace, with the gem his sister gave him. It seemed to be pulsing and glowing, as if it were about to burst.

That’s not natural…

Good job Captain Obvious

Who the hell… wait, what?” Reinier sputtered. Before he could figure out what happened, the gem around his neck pulsed once more. He looked down to see it shone brightly, continuing to pulse. “That’s not natural…

Hell yeah that isn’t natural Captain Obvious.

Next thing Reinier knew, his arm jerked forward and the chain broke. The gem dragged him forward a bit, then stopped. “Well that was o--” And before he could finish his sentence, the gem shot forward, still in Reinier’s hand. Reinier shot across the room, behind the group, and let go right in front of the Green Sword handle, all the while muttering little profanities. He stood up, rotating his arm in its’ socket. He picked up the sword and inspected it. It didn’t seem much different then normal, but the gem still shone brightly. He attempted to pull the gem out, but to no avail.

Reinier looked up and inspected the field real quick. Phoenix stood near Gingitsune, and Asgard seemed to be recovering from getting his bones crushed. Nighthand seemed to be struggling with his own demons, and then something odd happened. A massive spell began to form over Nighthand, a level three it would seem. He did something odd, and the next thing Reinier knew, the spell shot against the thorn wall. Three waves of fire balls shot down in to the ground, destroying vines and some of the wall. “There’s something you don’t see every day…” Reinier muttered.

I wish there was a way I could help the group… The sword pulsed. I feel so useless… why didn’t I train more often? A stronger pulse. I guess I could use Health Drinks on people who need them… The power of the gem in the sword handle nearly erupted. Reinier looked down in shock at happened. A golden aura filled around the sword handle, and slowly began to form a new sword. A blade about five feet long shot up from the depths of the handle, which seemed to be taking a new form. The bulk of the handle poured in to the middle of the sword, creating a sphere, and from the sphere, angelic wings shot upwards, exactly in line with the blade of the sword.

The new blade seemed rather slim, compared to that of the Green Sword’s blade. An eye opened in the middle of the sphere, in between the wings. The eye seemed to be a cat eye, with the pupil running up and down along with the blade. It glowed a bright golden color, and shot something in to Reinier’s left hand. It seemed to be an orb of some kind, but before he could react to it, something happened.

Another sword began to form. A blade of equal length and width of the opposing sword formed, but instead of angel wings, demon wings formed. The handle of the first sword seemed to be a mix of light and dark blue, giving off a polished metallic look to it. It’s brother sword, however, had a mix of light and dark red, making it appear as if it had soaked in blood. Reinier held each sword, blinking. He looked down upon them, wondering what he held. The both gave off a golden aura, but he really didn’t know what that meant. He stood on the battle ground for a good twenty seconds without saying anything, or even really thinking before it hit him that he was on a battle field.

Okay, this is weird… gotta go talk to Night.

Show off

Reinier ran over to Nighthand, gripping his two new swords. He came up next to the veteran player, and held up the swords, his eyes wide open. “Um… Night… erm… This is doesn’t normally just appear out of no where… does it?” The two swords blinked at the same time as Reinier, which seemed a bit creepy.

Well at least I’ll die with two cool swords… too bad I won’t to show them off much…

Three cool swords
Reinier's Wishlist: Sakabatou|Sharktooth
Abraxas' Wishlist: Complementry|Summon
The Hack's Wishlist: Wall lvl 2

Lighteria
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Lighteria » Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:35 pm

"Tie- moo- dahn?"

Man... everyone's going NUTS. This... THING is like a time bomb? All we have to do is kill it before it explodes, right? Just like in final fantasy!

Glancing to the injured blade master with the gravity powers, recently revived by the light wavemistress, Lighteria pauses to reflect on the fact that he couldn't save him or Asgard from getting killed. Any other day he would have thrown himself in their collision path to buffer some of the damage, but everything was happening so fast the twin blade just didn't have the reflexes much less the state of mind to pull off a rescue. In addition, the last fight had left him moderately drained of energy from all the special techniques he pulled on the tigers.

Well... it's nothing a little Repth can't cure anyway. I'm not sure why these guys are taking this so seriously though... Bleh, I should just turn around log out, my 'feel the shock' VR visor is acting like there's a 'fires of hell' setting because that last battle HURT.

"What do you think?" Lighteria says to Kit who is still perched on his shoulder.

"Mrwowr, meow mew. (You're not going to run away are you?)" Kit says quietly in his ear. Lighteria pauses for a second and sighs. Kit talking is STILL something he's not used to. Understanding her mews is something he's even less used to, but she had a point. he HAD promised himself that he wouldn't run away and the team really seemed to need all the help they could get at this point.

"...Ok Kit. Point taken. I don't have any water spells on me right now so-"

"Meow, mew (Oh, but I do!)" Lighteria blinks. "Mew, mew, rue meow... mew mew meow?" (I'm a water elemental kitten... didn't I tell you?)"

"I thought cats hated water..." Lighteria says somewhat absentmindedly. With a slightly sarcastic look from Kit, the twin blade quickly shrugs off the stereotype and smiles. "Well Kit, if you think it'll be alright, do your stuff!" He points at the fireball monster, outstretching his arm to the fullest as Kit jumps onto the far end of his arm. "Go for it!"

"Rue Mew! (Rue Rom)" Instantly, a tornado of ice crystals form under the beast, spreading upwards in an icy blast of winter. The elemental critical sign flashes for a moment but the damage being done is hardly substantial. A big fat 4 flashes in between the myriad of misses. Lighteria and Kit gasp in unison.

"I.. guess magic doesn't work...!" He says nervously and semi-loud so the information is broadcasted to the group. As he half-shouts though, the beast turns to Lighteria, angered and glows a bright red. The twin blade gasps and flings Kit off of his arm. "Run Kit!" She promptly does so as Lighteria bolts in the opposite direction.

BiVakRom a second level spell, apparently all that the beast considers is needed for Lighteria. Despite his best roll dodge, Lighteria is instantly swept up in a tornado of flames, his body flailing in the air from the updraft for a moment. He gasps and starts yelping as the flames encase his body. Kit watches in horror until the spell dies down, depositing Lighteria at the fall wall of the room, covered in burns and ash.

Rrgg... why... does my body... ache everywhere? This… damn visor is dangerous...

He gasps suddenly, his HP meter in critical.

I... I feel like I'm dying... I... just don't get it.... Why... is.. it...

"Mew (Repth)"

((OCC: By the way, I'm THRILLED being classified as '1' on the strength chart. Way to confidence boost :wink: [/kidding] As for the post, Kit tried magic to find it does pretty much no damage and I brodcasted that fact.))
Lv. 37 Twin Blade (180 SP)
Weapon: Rashou (Thunder Coil- 30, Suvi Lei- 20, Mumyn Lei- 30) (Life Drain)
Armor: Holy Tree Mail (Juk Kruz- 20) - Scarab Earring (La Repth- 20, Rip Maen- 40) - Time Sandals (Ap Do- 15) - Forest Gloves (Juk Kruz- 20)
GP: 14384

Wish list (In order of priority): Angel halo accessory, chibi angel wings, Bone Armor, Professional

Lighteria: "Obsessively updating my profile since Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:10 pm"

Hacorie
Ikkitousen

Post by Hacorie » Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:04 am

The hacker made herself known, while Nall showed a tremendous boost of speed. Reinier also showed a gift as he got two swords. Phoenix was trying to hold the hacker down with gravity, but there was no avail to that. Just standing back and watching as the people began to get ready for what could be considered a boss fight, the hacker left and as she did she summoned a present. It was more or less a bomb that would explode and obliterate the field if not stopped in time. If the field was destroyed, then all in it would be to. Being trapped in “The World” now Hac had no choice but to help stop the monster. He did not want to die inside a game. Twilight which was now in his soul and coursing through his vein had trapped him and it might be the key to get him out. He could not just stand around and watch as he was destroyed.

Before the Heavy Blade entered the room a marvelous display of ice was shown from Asgard as he tried to stop the vines. Once the hacker let loose her might though the ice was destroyed and shards of it lay everywhere along the ground. With the calling of the fire demon the ice melted into water. Each small puddle of water just stood there. Quiet and rippling with the air as people began to move in the room. Small waves started In the direction in which the people came and spread outward and then back in slowly growing weaker and weaker until the water settled once again. I wish we could use that water to help us out a bit, but there is no way we could get it all and use it against that thing. Why am I of little use now? I have many water spells but as Lighteria’s kitten showed us the monster is strong versus spells. This may be hopeless . . . but I will not give up yet.

Yet? Why not ever. Why must you even think about giving up. If you do that then all will be lost for sure. You must believe in this team and all its worth. You do not look highly upon them at all do you, but they also may not look highly upon you. You might not be the strongest, but your help is needed by them.

Who are you? I have heard your voice before. Earlier in this adventure, and before that. In that quest. The one about the town. You....are the Faerie, are you not? Why are you contacting me here and now? How do you know what has happened. I know what has happened because I have been watching you. I choose to talk to you because we have met before and your aura....my senses tell my you have a power deep within you. Twilight helped make it noticeable and for that split second you died and were revived by the hacker, I knew what it was. Look at Reinier....see the swords he has in his hands. Those are his powers. Do you remember my abilities when we met?

Sort of, I did not see much. But I know you used water spells in some strange way. Not weird, just different. You though, you have the abilities deep within you to control water all around you. The water must be present though, you cannot just form it out of air. I was going to hold off on contacting you this way, but I do not want you to die if the thing explodes. Your water power should help a lot, but it drains your Skill Points little by little, and the longer you go with using it, the less you can concentrate. Keep this in mind as you help, and remember......never give up...never...

As the voice faded out of his mind, Hac looked forward at the battle starting and looked around at all the water on the ground. I do not know whether to believe the Faerie or not. It seems her voice was assertive and knew she was right, but controling an element like water? Me? I do not know, but I guess the only way to do it is try... Hac then looked at the glistening water on the ground and stuck his hand out in front of him. He then felt a small pulsating wave leave his hand and extend to the puddle. As the wave of invisible and imaginary like energy was sent out he felt a new control. The Heavy Blade then slowly lifted his hand higher up and watched on in amazement as the water followed.

Amazing...

With new power in hand, so to speak, Hac looked on at the monster and looked around. Being mute, Hac could only hope the others saw his power a bit since he could not tell them about it. Also, since his was not as bright and shiny as Reinier’s was, it might have been overshadowed. Ready to go on, Hac lifted the Moumokuteki in the air and smiled at the monster a bit. Time for you to go...I will not be beaten here. Especially not by fire or an explosion.

As Hac came back into the world of realizes where he was and what he was about to do, he quickly looked over to see a burning Lighteria inside of a tornado of flame. Time to see how it works against fire. Hac took one hand off the Moumokuteki and looked at all the water where the spell had not been. Quickly he stuck out his hand out into that area and slowly lifted it into the air. The water would not be enough to stop the spell, but it would be enough to lower the damage on Lighteria. Hac then dropped his other hand off the Moumokuteki and listened to it hit the ground as he grabbed the arm of the hand that was lifting the water into the air. With the grabbing arm, Hac pulled his arm and pointed it toward the tornado.

The Heavy Blade then felt himself fall to the ground as he released the element of water toward the tornado of fire. Hac felt weak. His attack power felt worse than normal now. The room was spiraling and Hac felt like he was going to be sick. His eyes then began to blur. Slowly they came back into focus, and the room stopped spinning. I guess there are some side effects of these powers. Maybe it is because i went from moving a small puddle to moving a large puddle. I guess i need to work with these powers more before I try that again, but I do not know if I should use it again.

With winds of fire spiraling around, the water was quickly drawn in and it created a bit of steam. As the last of the water hit the fire, Hac cast a spell. Rue Rom! Hac then thought in his head as he a swirling tornado of ice and water formed out of the ground and collided on head first with that of the the rest of the BiVakRom. A white light imminated form the middle of the colliding tornado, it was the repth spell hitting that of Lighteria. As he was healing, Hac turned to the monster that cast the spell and made a small smirk as he went down to one knee and picked his Moumokuteki back up.

Which an illuminating red glow as before when it cast its spell, the monster did it again. This time though, the top of the ceiling opened up and flares of meteor balls flew out of it twoard the cent of the part of the party that was close together.(Who that is i do not know xD) As Hac looked up he slowly frowned and named the spell in his mind.

RaVak Don
Hacorie
Level 36 Heavy Blade
Gold: 21237

Equips
Oceanic Aura/Sharktooth-Ice Helm-Winter Coat-
Shiva's Rings-Bondage Pants
---Water Magic, BL Yokohama

Wishlist:
Level Meh Up
Weapons: Sakabatou/Rock n Roll/Peace Blade
Body: Knight's Armor
Other: Earthlore/Feng Shui
--------Water/Earth Scrolls

Nall
Elevated Player

Post by Nall » Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:33 pm

Nayru was having a fit fluttering around the room. Nall was deep in concentration, putting out extreme effort that he should have avoided. The glyphs all over his body burned and glowed as he focussed his attention. Nayru had to ignore Nall. Since Nall wasn't using any magic, and wasn't a mage, he would be ignored by Taimudan until the rest of the mages are killed. Nayru watched in horror as fire spell after fire spell was cast into the group; each player demonstrating their powers to defend against the cataclysmic fire. Nayru flew quickly to the side of Lighteria.

"Repth! Ap Torma!"
The creature shouted. While his kitten recovered some of his strength, it was best to have him at full. Death could be costly since it would take time for people to revive.

RaVak Don crashed into the group where Gingitsune, Phoenix, Asgard, and Ryok were. The ground shook with the increadible force of the level 3 drop attack. The players tried to avoid, but it was impossible. Ryok was killed almost instantly, the powerful meteor's doing impressive damage. Asgard too, was an example of Taimudan's insane magic. Asgard tried his best to defend against the attack, but the power was too great and he too was made a ghost. Taimudan's main target, Gingitsune, took the brunt of the attack. Her light shield swayed as the energy rocked the powerful sheild. Her shield stayed in tact, but just barely.

Nayru flew around the room in circles. Nothing was getting done, the timer was ticking. The group seemed to be able to only defend against the flaming fire ball. Nayru gulped as it doubled in size. The fireball was now approximately the size of a van. Taimudan grinned at the group evily, it's power also doubling.

"ACK! Noooooooooooot good!"
Nayru's fur stood on end as he flew behind a pillar peeking out. The group might not even live to the point of explosion. Taimudan might kill them all before that. This was their last chance, do or die. Nall focuessed as hard as he could, but he could feel the power fighting against him. Nall staggard a bit but held his ground. Nayru looked over at him and sighed.

"He's not strong enough..."
Nall//Blademaster | SWORD | Time Headband | Kagayuzen | Hands of Life | White Boots | {Life Drain}{Skill Drain} <Rue Crack> <Rue Revolver> <Ap Do> <Miu Lei> <Ol Repth> <Rip Maen>

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:55 pm

Nighthand looked to Reinier briefly, trying to split his concentration between the monster and the party. The pair of glowing swords caught his eye, and he examined them as best he could without grabbing it away.

"Those would appear to be blades with the Light powers... Similar to Gingi's wand, though not to the same degree.... And two of them, it's like you're suddenly a twin blade. Probably a side effect of suddenly being stuck in the game."

Nighthand remembered another time when someone he fought used shifting weapons. Back in Garaa's hacker tournament, the hacker his partner Ramza was pitted against was Duranth... He used a special weapons that shifted classes at will. Hard to defend against, but hard to use as well.

Flames began to appear everywhere. Taimudan brushed up against one of the vines, and percieving it as an attack, the dull monster used it's fiery counterattack, igniting the vines.

Half the floor was burning, the air growing hot. It grew harder and harder to breathe in the thick atmosphere. The monster was large now, and Nall seemed less and less able to contain it. Not even Gingitsune's Light shield was protecting her from everything.

Nighthand shrugged. "If we're all going to die... Might as well try."

He ran, right for the oversized monster. Right before he struck, he called on his blade for the Death Bringer skill. He rose, and fell, bringing the blade down with crushing force.

Crushing force which, of course, ended up doing significantly less damage than he's hoped.

The Taimudan still didn't like it, however, and immediatly countered with a wave of flames. No particular spell, just fire.

Nighthand did his best to dash away, but there was nowhere he could go to escape the flames. They washed over him, searing his skin.

"Man... I feel like a thanksgiving turkey in here..."

Across the room, Nall was having trouble. His powers gave him a very wide range of possibilities, and he was using them to his limits... But they didn't come freely. Even now he seemed on the verge of passing out.

Asgard and ryok were dead, too far for Nighthand to revive. Gingi was straining to keep her shield up, saving phoenix and herself from instant incineration. Lighteria was having his own troubles, as well as the oddly silent Hac. Reinier seemed rather unaffected at the moment, but that was bound to change. It didn't look like anyone would survive this. Some miracle would ahve to happen, and fast.

ryok
Elevated Player

Post by ryok » Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:18 am

-Talking engulfed the room as two of the warriors set out to work.. Ice filled the room covering every inch of the vines killing some. Only damaging others. Phoenix had put his plan into action yet. It didn't seem like the hacker was too effected by it..

-"Hahahaha! How amusing this is! So, one of you thinks you can beat me with ice? While the other thinks he can beat me with gravity? While I'm impressed at how you've hacked these things into the game, they are both really pathetic renditions of power..." Ryok didn't know what to say all he could do was take in what was happening, and hoped the he stood even a chance against the hacker. Nayru had moved itself in front of Nall, and was talking to him.. Ryok lost track of what was going on with Nall, and Nayru. He focused back on to the hacker. The blade she held was in fact a long arm weapon, and to Ryok he had never seen one like it before. He knew it to be the Treeweaver, but.. He couldn't help but to notice it again. The dug slightly into the ground as the hacker seemed to be slightly effected by Phoenix's gravity attack. "I think it's time I introduced myself... I am one of the hacker elites, mistress of nature, Xenobia!.. I also think it's time, you learn your place in this World. MY World!" The vines broke free of their prison, and shot out ready to cleave someone in half need it be. Then something that seemed quite impossible happened.. "Fools! Never forget, that WE are the masters of this World! And you are simply the little fly's, annoying us, but thats all you can do!" Phoenix seemed the loose his focus, and redirect it upon another target.. Asgard. "No no no! No need to conserve your energy Phoenix, it doesn't matter if you die! Hahahaha!.. I suppose that's enough suffering for you two... I hope your friends brought somehting to revive you! That is, if they'll be staying alive long enough to save you!" Ryok didn't have enough time to react to anything. He didn't even feel her movement like he normally did with enemies. He head spun, and through Asgard lay the Treeweaver. Ryok's eye twitched as he looked about to Phoenix. As he looked over to him Xenobia was already over him with her spear lodge deeply into him.

-Ryok couldn't hear the mumbling after that between both Nall, and Xenobia. What happened next also suprised ryok.. Nall was surrounded by vines, and just as Xenobia he too was gone. Ryok couldn't tell where he moved nor could he tell where he ended up. The next thing he knew was Xenobia calling that devil of a creature to life, and Nayru freaking out.. Gingitsune revived both Asgard, and Phoenix shielding them from any further attacks as they recovered. Ryok blinked, and just as Nighthand's spells failed he failed. Inside he didn't know what to do. He stood his blade still only ready.

-If Nighthand's spell didn't work against this thing. Then is that tiny creature just as powerful as Nayru said?.. I can't help against this thing even at my level. What.. What am.. Someone like me. A nobody supposed to do?!.. I can't do a damn thing!..

-"Hopeless" The RaVakDon fell on to his position he did noting in his power to stop it or move. He knew he couldn't do anything. A burning sensation filled his body as the heat bore down on him. He would've screamed had it lasted longer, but the blazes stopped. He was still there looking about.. A ghost just as a game. He felt it yet he was dead, and it didn't feel to bad of a way to die.. He sighed to himself hoping that someone would revive him. Even though he could do nothing to help the group at the moment. He still wished to be alive..

Ryok| Lvl. 27| Heavy Blade| Demonic Sword| Kagayuzen| Fire Bracer| Suzaku Fiery Pants
Karin| Kannon| Miu Lei| Vak Rom| Vak Don| Dek Vaks| Ap Vaks
Skill Drain| Death

Wish list:Black Sharp Angelic Wings| Time Headband| Unique Weapon

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:20 am

Phoenix noticed that the RaVak Don spell was heading towards him and the others. If I was even at half strength, I could slow down one of the meteors. I can't do anything but survive and protect Gingi-sama. He stood in front of Gingitsune taking some of the damage of the attack while the light barrier was detecting the attack as well. He saw Ryok and Asgard died from the RaVak Don attack. Great. At this rate, we will all die.

"Do not give up, Kazuma-sama. There is always a way to surviving any battle." The bird said to Phoenix while flowing overhead the room. You're right, Suzaku. First, I need to revive Ryok and Asgard. After that, I will think of something. Phoenix pulled his only two resurrects from his inventory and use them on Ryok and Asgard. "There you go, guys. Asgard, you need to stop dying because I can't resurrect you from the dead anymore. Here's a bonus spell as well." Phoenix said to the recently-fallen warriors. He cast an Ap Vakz spell on Asgard which effect anyone nearby the group.

Phoenix turned his attention back to Gingitsune and surveyed the battlefield. He saw Reinier with some sort of light-based blade while Hacorie managed to acquire water powers. Nighthand, Nall, and Lighteria were all busy with their own situations. Phoenix was trying to find a way to stop Taimudan but came up with nothing to stop the monster. I don't think ice would do the trick even with Hac's watery powers. The best way to stop a fire is to stop its supply of oxygen but there's nothing here to create a vacuum. Wait a second, I think we are approaching this the wrong way. Instead of trying to defeat Taimudan, we should let it explode.

Quickly, Phoenix turned to Gingitsune and said, "Gingi-sama, encompass the Taimudan in your barrier. This way, we should be all protected from the explosion. Even if the barrier fails midway, most of the explosion would be absorb by the barrier and should receive some minor damage." Phoenix quickly coughed as the fires were absorbing most of the oxygen and continuing talking. "I think Reinier could give you an extra boost of light energy, Gingi-sama. What we got to lose? Meanwhile, I will everyone directed their focus on putting out the fires so we can at least breathe. Do what you believe is right while I'll do what I believe in."

Phoenix gave a wink to Gingitsune before leaving her side. He began shouting to the others, "Everyone, focus on putting out the fires and protect Gingi-sama. Attacking the creature is useless. She is the key for all of us surviving." Phoenix turned to one of the burning vines and cast a Rue Kruz spell on it. The icicles converge on the burning vines and steam appeared covering up the area. Phoenix could not see if the fire was put out or not but he noticed a meteor coming toward his direction. It looks like a Vak Don but I cannot risk my wounds opening up if I leap out of the way. "RUE SLASH!" His sword became incase in ice and pointed it towards the meteor. Phoenix thrust the sword at the meteor and penetrated it. The meteor broke up into two pieces and fell to the ground causing the ground to burn near Phoenix. "RUE KRUZ!" With some quick thinking, he created icicles which quickly stopped the ground fire but he fell to one knee.

"REPTH!" The guardian bird healed Phoenix's injuries and return back to her necklace form. Thanks, Suzaku. I'm done playing hero today. Now, it's up to Gingi-sama to save us all. Phoenix managed to stand back up and walked back towards Gingitsune. He retook his defensive position and watched the Taimudan grow in size as he waited for the big explosion.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Wish List: Phoenix's Fire, Gold Necklace
EX-Spheres: LV 3 - Overdrive, LV 3 - Curative, LV 3 - Elemental Breath

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:34 pm

Gingitsune felt the shock of the power of Taimudan, penetrating her shield... She gritted her teeth, this foe was stronger than she had thought, and her light barrier wasn't deflecting the full force of the attack. She smiled at Phoenix, who was very chivalrously protecting her, and her mind strained for some sort of solution. All around her teammates were dying, and she could almost kick herself for not stocking up on potions before she had left for this quest. She had to focus all of her energy just to keep her shield up. It all seemed rather hopeless at this point, being inside the dungeon did weaken her light powers, as there was no constant source of energy in the deep, dark abyss of a place. Jocasta herself had realized how absolutely preposterous it was to be there, and had transformed, forming a rather beautiful black and turquoise Horus Eye tattoo on Gingitsune's thigh.

Her attention snapped back to the battlefield as Phoenix turned and addressed her, "Gingi-sama, encompass the Taimudan in your barrier. This way, we should be all protected from the explosion. Even if the barrier fails midway, most of the explosion would be absorb by the barrier and should receive some minor damage. I think Reinier could give you an extra boost of light energy, Gingi-sama. What we got to lose? Meanwhile, I will everyone directed their focus on putting out the fires so we can at least breathe. Do what you believe is right while I'll do what I believe in."

Gingitsune looked sideways at Cybele, her wand was replenishing her light energy slowly, and at this point she did have more than half of her power. This combined with Reinier's help could make the plan feasible... Her light shield was useless as it was now anyway, there was no point in simply hiding herself behind it, at this moment it was an all or nothing game. They either survived Taimudan, or the didn't. It was obvious they couldn't beat the creature, so why not let it beat itself.
She really didn't have anything to lose... nothing that wouldn't be lost if they didn't go through with this plan anyway.

Gingitsune nodded and smiled, turning back to Phoenix, "It's a good plan Phoenix," she said cheerfully, "I will do my absolute best to keep that shield up for as long as possible, no matter what."

Time was running out, and Gingitsune had never been one for slow decision making. With a single thought she took the light shield from around herself, pausing for a moment to absorb each and every beam of light energy that she could into Cybele. Gingitsune pulled the wand to her body and closed her eyes, this would take the most light energy she had ever used to fulfill, and she would have to absorb as much as possible as quickly as possible. As she focused it all within herself, she pictured the sun, that great pulsating star of light and life, and the aura around Cybele grew larger and brighter. Finally Gingitsune motioned the wand towards Taimudan, and the whole room lit up. Within seconds the familiar translucent dome had encompassed Taimudan.

"This isn't going to be easy..." Gingitsune muttered under her breath, holding a hand out horizontally to concentrate the shield. It was a strain to keep it up. Each attack that Taimudan attempted to make bounced off the shield and rattled Gingitsune's entire body, each beam of light was now connected to her almost physically, and each shock and bit of damage to the shield affected Gingitsune as well.

"Reinier!" She called, motioning him over, "I don't suppose you'd care to lend a hand?" She asked calmly, as fire ricocheted off the shield wall, her arm trembling slightly with the impact.

Gingitsune only hoped she could hold it.

She felt a slight replenishment in her body's power, and realized that even her sarcastic and critical guardian Jocasta was lending a hand as her voice entered Gingitsune's mind.

"Honestly, did you think I'd abandoned you? If I had stayed in Sphinx form I would have been one more thing to protect, Gingitsune. You may think I dislike you, and you may dislike me, but I can assure you that everything I have done or said has been to help you. It's called tough love. You'll never grow if everyone is nice and sweet and if they disregard your mistakes or excuse them. I will do my best to help you Gingitsune, or I will die trying, that is my point and purpose, and that is my wish."

The tattoo glowed blue and Gingitsune smiled, her guardian did know how to make the stuffiest speeches, but she also always came through in a pinch. With some renewed confidence and strength Gingitsune continued to support her shield around the ticking time bomb Taimudan.

Reinier
Awakened Player

Post by Reinier » Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:50 pm

"Those would appear to be blades with the Light powers... Similar to Gingi's wand, though not to the same degree.... And two of them, it's like you're suddenly a twin blade. Probably a side effect of suddenly being stuck in the game,” Nighthand explained. He looked up and began inspecting the massive bomb, which seemed to be getting to the size of a Volkswagen Van. Reinier looked up at the bomb and gulped.

Nighthand muttered something, then began running at the bomb. “Not the smartest plan of attack… ha… plan of attack… him getting roasted… golden…” Reinier muttered, obviously getting a little frightened by the bomb. Reinier looked down at his swords, which both blinked at him. “Cute… I need to name these things… too bad we’re all going to die in a hellish fire…

Correction, YOU’RE going to die in a hellish fire. I’m going to live.

Reinier sighed, wondering who kept talking like this. It had gotten a little out of hand, and whoever it was seemed to be kind of an asshole. Reinier looked around the field, wondering who was doing what. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Tiamudan flexing his flames upon Nighthand, who was devoured by flame. “Holy crap, guess he’s fired…” Reinier said, not realizing he said that. The beast began to glow more then normal, as if it were casting a spell. He could see the symbol of Vak appear over Gingi’s head, meaning one thing. She was the target, and whoever else huddled around her.

Reinier backed away, not wanting to die yet, and watched as the devastating attack flooded upon the group like a plague. Meteors struck down upon the group, killing Ryok and Asgard. Reinier ran over to the group to try and help in anyway he could. “Gingi can control light… maybe if I give her an extra boost…” This did feel slightly feasible, but most likely something bad would happen and he would die a horrid death. He arrived just in time to hear Phoenix, who miraculously lived and Asgard did not, begin to bark orders again.

"Gingi-sama, encompass the Taimudan in your barrier. This way, we should be all protected from the explosion. Even if the barrier fails midway, most of the explosion would be absorb by the barrier and should receive some minor damage. I think Reinier could give you an extra boost of light energy, Gingi-sama. What we got to lose? Meanwhile, I will everyone directed their focus on putting out the fires so we can at least breathe. Do what you believe is right while I'll do what I believe in,” the Blade Master said.

Well that’s just crazy enough to get me killed…

Have to agree with you on that one for once

Gingitsune paused for a second, seeming to be in deep thought. It must be hard for her, having all of her group go up in flames. “It's a good plan Phoenix," she said oddfully cheerfully, "I will do my absolute best to keep that shield up for as long as possible, no matter what."

We’re going to die…

Reinier watched as Gingi pulled down her light shield, focusing all of her powers in to the wand. She caught in every ounce of light she could in to the wand, already seemingly struggling. "Reinier!" Gingi called, doing a little bob with her head to get Reinier to come to her side, "I don't suppose you'd care to lend a hand?" She asked calmly. Reinier held up his swords, and gulped.

Oh… okay… I’ll try…” Reinier managed to mutter, walking over to Gingitsune’s side. He took in a deep breath and spun both his swords in a counter-clock wise circle at his sides, and rested them on top of and below the wand, making his swords like the bread of a sandwich, and the wand the meat or rabbit food, whatever you prefer. He closed his eyes and slowly realized, he had no idea what he was doing.

I have no idea what I’m doing.

Haha! You’re gonna die! Sucks to be you!

The light energy that his swords seem to draw their powers from began to pour down in to Gingi’s wand, already causing him pain. “Jesus Christ…” Reinier muttered, stumbling a bit. Reinier stood next to Gingi, and for some reason, felt even closer then that. Each time Tiamudan attacked with a magic spell, he could feel it ricocheting inside of his body, like his body was now a big game of Pong.

His vision slowly began to fade in and out, as he began to feel light headed. He stood there, and would pour out as much energy as he physically could before dying. “All for the greater good, huh babe?” Reinier sputtered, beginning to sway. His knees felt weak and began to shake a bit.

Crap, I think I just called her babe… she’s so going to kill me if we live…
Reinier's Wishlist: Sakabatou|Sharktooth
Abraxas' Wishlist: Complementry|Summon
The Hack's Wishlist: Wall lvl 2

Nall
Elevated Player

Post by Nall » Fri Dec 24, 2004 4:43 am

Nall struggled in the corner where he stood. His pain was unimaginable. Nayru, still cowering behind his pillar watched the hopeless situation.

"Grrr! Those bastards cheated! They're not allowed to send a monster thats not possible for us to kill!"
Nayru looked back over at Nall who was wavering. Quickly, the little creature flew over and steadied him. Nall's eyes were open, but they were empty. Nall was functioning, but he had lost his true conciousness long ago.

"The hell are you doing you big oaf... It's over... Quit torturing yourself..."
Suprisingly, Nall gave a response.

"Lo..oo....n..g...er..."
Nall's body was starting to tremble as cold sweat poured down his face.

Gingitsune's and Reinier's plan was working...to a point. The light barrier shook with each an every attack. The players could only watch as hero's of light focussed every once of strength. The power raidiating from Taimudan was starting to become more erratic, and more powerful. The players gasped as it again, doubled in size. The heat in the room brought some of the players to one knee with scalding pain. Taimudan was approximately the size of shed, it's large face grinning.

Nayru looked from Taimudan back to Nall. He wasn't strong enough to stop him... He was trying to use a power that was far out of his reach. Nayru's eyes widened, then droped as he noticed the inevitable. Nall's eye's began to fade away from his scarlet red. Instead of fading to their normal green, however, they simply faded black. His runic symbols ceased glowing and his pendant also lost it's sparkle. Nayru let Nall collapse gently on the ground where he once stood.

"You tried..."

Within a period of 5 seconds, Taimudan doubled in size again. Now burning brightly, the size of a house. The players gasped wondering why it suddenly grew again. Some noticed Nall collapsed on the ground, other's were too occupied with what happened next.

"PhaVak Kruz!"
The grinning fireball launched it's attack, shattering Gingitsunes shield. Reinier and Gingitsune collapsed under the pain. The monster laughed as players made a last ditch effort to fight. Five seconds left, but before Taimudan was done, the fires of hell would be unleashed.

"PhaVak Rom"
"PhaVak Don"
"Vulcan Pha"

(OOC: Merry Christmas! ^.~ lol, Night will finnish it up in a moment. I must though, congradulate everyone. Things were getting slow, but they really picked up at the end *claps* As you know, I'll be gone from now till the 2nd or 3rd. But I'm sure Night will keep you occupied. Happy holidays everyone! :D)

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Fri Dec 24, 2004 4:46 am

Flames. Everywhere flames. It was like the very air was burning. Rue spells evaporated before they took effect. Not that they did much anyways.

The Taimudan. Bane of the world, secret weapon of the hackers.

Xenobia said she was going to use it to destroy Dun Loireag. How could we fight something with that much sheer power? Destroy a root town? That’s madness! We were fools to follow Nall. Fools to think we could fight the hackers this long and win. Fools, all of us. They had only to care enough to wipe us out, pests at their feet. No, less than that. We’re not even worth the ranking of pests.

The Taimudan was huge, now. Nearly the size of a house. It didn't look very happy either.

"It's NOW OR NEVER, people! Kill it now!" Nighthand shouted.

Gingitsune did her best with her shield, but there was only so much she could do. Reinier and his swords helped, for a moment she seemed to regain her strength. The shield tightened on the Taimudan. Whether that was from the shield or another of the creature’s growth spurts, it mattered not.

Another pulse. Another blast. Another mostly-blocked spell.

Gingitsune’s shield broke, shattering like glass.

The beautiful wavemistress cried out, collapsing to the ground. Jocasta emerged from her tattoo, and stood protectively over her ‘master’, healing what she could. She too was low on energy, however.

Reinier was down, as well. He seemed to have some energy left, but not very much.

”Come ON guys! We don’t have time to play! Pull out your big attacks! Hurry hurry hurry hurry!” Nayru fluttered anxiously about. Despite its pep talk, it stayed well away from the flaming monster.

Nighthand, still injured from his last failed attack, stood and did his best, delivering another death binger. Around him, others rushed in. Seeing their shield fail, their only hope of defense torn away, they had nothing left but a last ditch attack. Point after piddling point of damage was dealt.

Through it all, the Taimudan grinned. Its twisted face was nothing but glee. It was finally going to achieve the purpose of its horrid existence; its own demise, and the annihilation of the field.

The only other player not attacking was Nall. He slumped in his corner, his chanting wavering. The runes that pulsed and glowed across his body dimmed. His voice dropped, his face strained from the effort of staying conscious. Finally, his chanting stopped. His runes fell dark. His arms hung limp at his sides. He was unconscious, having given his all for a chance.

The Taimudan’s grin grew wider.

It pulsed, its Blaze Spikes sending everyone flying back. Most crashed into walls, some skidded across the floor.

The timer only had seconds on it, but the Taimudan could do a lot in seconds.

It glowed, charging up multiple fire spells. It unleashed them, and the room became an inferno.

PhaVak Rom
PhaVak Don
Vulcan Pha

All three, cast at once.

Ryok, Reinier, Hac, and Phoenix were taken out instantly. The pain of their bodies burning to nothing causing them to black out instantly.

Lighteria, somehow missed in the first instant, threw himself over his kitten, hoping to save her the same fate. He managed to protect her… for the first second, until the flames incinerated his body, and the kitten. Lighteria was out like the others.

Terro, Suzaku, Nayru, Kit, and the other pets were quick to follow. They too were unconscious, in their own way. They felt no pain, but their bodies were destroyed, and reformed somewhere else. They had no way of returning to the locked field, nor of seeing what happened inside it.

Asgard and Hijinx lasted a fraction longer. Hijinx didn’t even have time to up her power enough to pull her own miracle to escape. They, too, blacked out.

Even Nall, his unconscious body slumped in a corner, was consumed in the flames.

The two strongest players, Gingi and Nighthand, lasted the longest. Nighthand spent that time wishing he wasn’t so strong… The additional time was spent in agony. His vision began to fade. His eyes somehow focused on Gingi. He watched, helplessly, as her body was consumed in the fires. Mercifully, she was already unconscious from the pain of overusing Cybelle. Nighthand was gone, now, the pain blacking him out. Silverblade had an instant in the mostly-charred body before the pain got to him. The Taimudan swiveled to survey its handiwork. Its horrid eyes and gruesome grin forever to be burned in Silverblade’s mind.

For an instant, the Taimudan was alone. Its smile faded, it’s playtime over. Its timer had a mere second left. Rays of white light shot from cracks in its surface. They swept over the dungeon walls, deleting everything they touched.

For a moment, time seemed to stand still

Then everything went white.

-------------------------------
CCCorp Headquarters, Unnamed Technician’s Office

“Uh… that’s odd.” Says the first technician, sitting at his computer. His goal, and the goal of everyone else on this floor, is to monitor the World for odd happenings. They catch the stray data bug, the random broken field, and so forth. Of course, they don’t catch most of what the hackers do. They know well enough to cover their tracks.

“What is?”

“A field just… disappeared.”

“You sure? Could be a glitch on your system, what were the keywords?”

“They were an interesting combo, that’s why I was watching it. Beautiful Fated Fallen Angel.”

The second technician turns to his monitor, taps out a few keys, and runs his check.

“You sure? The database says that field never existed.”

“I… thought I was. Oh well, maybe I’m making things up… I knew daydreaming on the job could get odd…”

“Yeah… try to pay attention to reality a bit, would you man?”

----------------------------

(OOC: That’s it. We’re all dead. The field was deleted. Serves you people right… Or something… I dunno. But, Nall and I have decided to leave you at a little cliffhanger. Find out what happens later. We give you all Christmas eve and day off, so enjoy it without obligation of this. The exciting conclusion comes on the 26th, so… be ready for that I guess. I will indeed keep you occupied with…. Something. You’ll see about that as well. Of course, this is all assuming you somehow LIVE… but don’t worry TOO much about that.)