Enter the World through the Theta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:04 pm

Phoenix arrived in the jungle along with the others in the group but there was a group of six players waiting for them. They walked towards the group and one person immediately came into Phoenix’s attention. It was Hacorie. What’s he doing here? He shouldn’t be here especially if someone like Royce appeared. He recognized Ryok which he fought in a previous duel but everyone else was completely new to him. A blademaster spoke out to the rest of the group. "Hello everyone.... Long time no see..."

He seems to know us or at least some of us. I wonder if he was an old ally of them like Kurai and Argilus. The blademaster padded himself and twirled before continuing talking. "Yes, it's really me. And I guess you want an explanation... But I'd ask that we complete our mission here first. The more time we spend, the more dangerous it will be... If you've noticed, there are 5 players here whom you may have met before... Please try to help them along and guide them as to what they need to do..."

Suzaku, do you recognize the blademaster? “Your guess is good as mine at this point. Your memories of the six players are accurate that you haven’t met four of them.” From looking at the others, they seem to be confused by something but… His thought was interrupted by the blademaster once again. "I realize this is very sudden, but every moment we spend chatting, the memorial of Kurai is being desecrated on this very field... Stay here and do nothing, or trust me and try to save yourselves and your friends. Your choices should be obvious..."

Kurai. He didn’t die on this field. Royce killed him in Closed Solitarily Nothingness. “You’re right, Kazuma-sama. If the legacy of Kurai is involved, then the other five players don’t know what they getting into. If they stayed and we decided to leave, they will die for sure.” I must get them…

As Phoenix’s thought was about to finish, Nighthand spoke out. "Nall... forget it. I'll talk to you later. I see why you did this, though." It couldn’t be. I thought Nall was dead. “I think everyone else thought that he was dead as well.” That’s the look of confusion was. He shouldn’t be here…alive. If I remember as well, Nall wasn’t the best of leaders. He never told the real story about anything. If I would placed my guess, he probably told the five players something that they couldn’t refuse.

"Nall, who are we up against this time? Melzas wouldn't use wood, neither would Garaa or Kuja... And we know Royce stole it, but those... place, doesn't have the feel of her to it." Nighthand spoke to Nall again trying to find answers. Phoenix felt a sliver went up to spine a few times. It. The Treeweaver. The spear of wood that almost ended my life. I will destroy that spear with my power. He looked at his right hand which a diamond was tattoo on it. The diamond signified his new power and life. He clenched his right fist. They shouldn’t feel the power of that cursed spear. I need to try to convince that they should leave regardless of what Nall may promise them.

He heard Hacorie’s voice. “Now is the time for questions and action if must. A memorial is being desecrated? I am not very religious, but graves should be left alone. For those who do not know me, then I guess that is your loss. I came here for one reason, rare items. So what do I need to do to help you?” At that point, Phoenix decided to take action. He began to send a flashmail to Hacorie.

To: Hacorie

The promise of rare items isn’t worth your life. I suggest that you and the others must leave immediately especially the lower level players. You probably figure out that we aren’t normal players. The danger is too great. Leave now before all of you get caught up in our business.

End Flashmail

I hoped that he takes my advice and leave with the others, Suzaku. “I hoped so too. We lead a cursed life. No one else should suffer what you and the others have been though. There’s something that has been troubling me. Why did Nall picked those players? They don’t have anything in common.” I don’t know either. If Nall knows the dangers that await us, then why drag a level 4 Blademaster into the fight? We should keep an eye on Nall and try to figure all the mysteries of this place.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Wish List: Phoenix's Fire, Gold Necklace
EX-Spheres: LV 3 - Overdrive, LV 3 - Curative, LV 3 - Elemental Breath

Zavier_D
Awakened Player

Post by Zavier_D » Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:19 am

“Well…this is quite different from most fields I’ve visited.”

Zavier stood with some of the other players, surrounded by jungle. He had been to many different fields, some corrupted by viruses, some marvels of artificial nature. He had never been to a field that was so very dense…a jungle field, in which monsters could actually stalk and ambush people. He closed his eyes, allowing his mind to concentrate on the field. He couldn’t sense any creatures in the foliage, but there was something odd. He couldn’t quite place it, but there was…some kind of aura there, a strong one. It caused his mind to grow cautious, signaling to him that they were most likely…

"Hello everyone.... Long time no see..."

Nall.

Zavier looked upon Nall…and couldn’t believe himself. He had only been led by the pair, Nall and Gingitsune once…and then he had left to pursue his own interest. Even so, he had heard the story of how they had been forced to participate in the tournament, how Nall and utilized the powers that were forbidden…

…and had died.

Yet, surely as Zavier lived, Nall stood looking at them, speaking to them. Could it have been possible that he simply had not died, but had been hurt and went away to recover? Zavier pondered that thought but knew that it couldn’t be the truth. “Gingitsune and the others couldn’t have been fooled so quickly. This is Nall, and everyone seems to be accepting him…and yet, Nall is no more. His character data was deleted. Could this be an imposter? That has happened to me before; I don’t doubt that a hacker or admin could do it to me or anyone else again. And yet, people are so calm…I’ll leave it up to Gingitsune to decide.”

"Yes, it's really me. And I guess you want an explanation... But I'd ask that we complete our mission here first. The more time we spend, the more dangerous it will be... If you've noticed, there are 5 players here whom you may have met before... Please try to help them along and guide them as to what they need to do..."

Zavier looked around. There were a few new players with them who had not been with them in the hideout. Out of all of them he recognized Hacomy…he had dueled the player time after time. What the player lacked in powers compared to them he more than made up for with his perseverance and unwillingness to give up. He would learn fast.

“I hope they all learn fast…I have no idea what I’m doing here, or what we’re up against. Perhaps I should ask Nighthand. He seems to have a tab on things.

To: Nighthand.

Nighthand, what is going on? Why did we come here so quickly, and what is it that Nall is hiding? I sense something on this field…it feels familiar, and yet I can’t quite place it. What’s going on?

"I realize this is very sudden, but every moment we spend chatting, the memorial of Kurai is being desecrated on this very field... Stay here and do nothing, or trust me and try to save yourselves and your friends. Your choices should be obvious..."

“Nall, you know our answer. I don’t think there’s one among us who wouldn’t go. We were chosen by the Maiden because we all possess something special. That means that if we stick together, we can conquer everything. And once this is over, you will explain to us…how exactly you are here.”

Zavier began to slightly walk away from the group. He had to think. Order and Chaos burned at his sides, their respective elements combining to an incredible destructive power. He would make sure to protect some of the younger players. They may be strong, but there was no way they were ready for this. This was what Gingitsune’s group did; they were faced with unbeatable odds, and yet somehow they overcame. This group would have to remember the power of friendship.

As will you, Zavier of the Descending Dragon Host.

Zavier looked up, feeling the soothing aura of the one he had always enjoyed seeing. The Maiden stood in front of him, and he knelt to one knee, the spherical light emanating with power, compassion, and wisdom.

“Maiden, as always it is good to see you. How may I serve you?”

Beware Zavier, for what the future holds for you is not bright. I have seen shadows from the past appear, and soon they will try to overtake the holy light of Gingitsune and your Order. Make sure that you are never swayed, as you would be used for a terrible purpose.
“Maiden, do not fear. After the battle with Kurai, I went to find myself. Although Bahamut has left me for a while, I have no fear that I can maintain control.” Zavier felt a chuckle and smiled.

Very well Zavier, then I shall give you the power that I believe you should possess. Long ago I told you that your dragons were being repaired. We were able to salvage two of them so far, but the others are still in critical condition. However, you will only have use of them for a certain while, so use them well.

Zavier’s eyes widened. Was it possible…was it possible…no, it couldn’t be. She was telling him that he was getting his powers…his old powers back?

I sense that you are happy Zavier. So let us not put this on for any longer. I bestow on you the Wood dragon and the Water dragon!

Zavier’s eyes widened as power erupted around him. The jungle that was around him began to sway as power swirled through. He felt as though a tornado of energy had erupted in side of him. He closed his eyes and began to levitate as energy pulsed through his body. His eyes began to turn a deep green, similar to the jungle around him. His armor began to turn a dark green as well, glinting with power. His two swords took on a new hue, and although he could feel their elements, the Wood element was thrown throughout, and green fired surrounded them. He wings began to change, and soon they were large and brown. Green power struck the ground around him as his first transformation was complete.

“I am the Wood Dragon Knight!”

Suddenly the powers were gone, and Zavier was himself again. He felt the air around him begin to dampen. An orb of water began to form around him, and Zavier felt a strong energy flood his body. His armor began to change into the color of ice, becoming a crystalline blue. His eyes transformed, piercing through the air as they turned the color of a tumultuous sea. His wings transformed yet again, becoming strong and blue. His water aura spread into his swords, and they responded with power.

“I am the Water Dragon Knight.”

Soon the powers began to fade and Zavier slowly was let to the ground. He knew the others had witnessed it, but didn’t know who had paid attention. He lay with one knelt with one knee on the ground, feeling the incredible powers within him. He tried to pull out both swords….and realized he couldn’t. He tried again, but they felt awkward and immediately almost fell.

“I see. For the powers back, part of that ability had to be reduced. I once again can only use 1 weapon. However, it is a tradeoff for now that I am more than happy to use.”

He slowly got up, his eyes still closed. He took a deep breath…and walked towards Nall.

“Now…I am not afraid.”
Level:33
SP: 170
Skills:Rue Crack/Rue Revolver/Ap Ganz/ Rip Synk
Equipment: Heavenly Sword/ Grand Armor/ Forester Helm/ Rusted Hands/ Flare Guard/Thunder Cloak
Items:1 Sprite Ocarnia/3 Healing Drinks/Komura/Head Gear/5 Ressurect/2 Knight's Bane/1 Vak Rom/1 Rue Rom
Dragons: Wood, Bronze, Iron, Water

http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/DIVER ... c=6055&hl=

Nall
Elevated Player

Post by Nall » Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:32 am

Nall could easily see the uneasy aura of question float through the entire group. So many questions came to them so suddenly, and it seemed like only Nall had the answers. For the ones that knew him, they knew that getting information out of Nall was harder then eating your own weight in salami.

"Nall, who are we up against this time? Melzas wouldn't use wood, neither would Garaa or Kuja... And we know Royce stole it, but those... place, doesn't have the feel of her to it."

Nall chuckled.

"Well it's good to see that you're paying attention to your opponents and learning their style. However, I never like to ruin anyones joy in introducing themselves... Not to mention, it's not 100% certain she'll be here..."
Nall seemed to drift off in thought. He knew damn well she'd be here, so why say otherwise? It's not like scaring the crap out of them would hurt. They can't run, and if they don't fight to their fullest, they'll die regardless of what is said.

“Now is the time for questions and action if must. A memorial is being desecrated? I am not very religious, but graves should be left alone. For those who do not know me, then I guess that is your loss. I came here for one reason, rare items. So what do I need to do to help you?”

Nall looked over at Hac. Another boistrous individual. Nall couldn't help but laugh to himself. He always liked it when people acted like they were all tough.

"This is not a grave, it is a remaining piece of a friend that was fell not too long ago. Not to sound cruel, but I wouldn't care except for the fact that the Treeweaver, in the hands of the hackers, creates extreme problems."
Nall paused. He knew that his answer wouldn't satisfy anyone, but Nall never did care to tell the whole story.

"Well, I simply wish to take back the Treeweaver from the hackers. I have recieved information that the weapon was being kept in this field. I want everyone to help me get it back."
Nall stopped as a small surge of power errupted not to far from him. Zavier was getting his dragons back. Not all, just 2 of them. Zavier would best be careful which one he choses to use. Accidents happen to those who disobey elemental powers.

"Alright people! Enough chit-chat. We need to get going before the hackers realize we're here!"
Nall started to walk north-east into the jungle. As usuall, Nall seemed to know exactly where he was going. Even though it had been a while, the ones who knew him could only shrug it off. It was just one of the many mysteries that float around the imfamous blademaster. It's funny how the list never seems to get shorter.
Nall//Blademaster | SWORD | Time Headband | Kagayuzen | Hands of Life | White Boots | {Life Drain}{Skill Drain} <Rue Crack> <Rue Revolver> <Ap Do> <Miu Lei> <Ol Repth> <Rip Maen>

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:18 pm

Gingitsune had lingered back in the group, she had put herself out of the spotlight and had kept her questions strictly to herself. The turmoil in her mind, she decided, was best left to a private moment... She knew that any conflict started now within the group would lead to disunity in the coming battle. She had come to expect that battles were everywhere, in every field they found themselves there was some sort of unnatural obstacle, something more than the usual cookie cutter monsters that every other fortunate soul in The World encountered, killed, and was rewarded for. No, they merely fought and fought and won the battle, but never the war- they were never rewarded for what they did, but merely given a short reprieve.

She did not trust Nall, it was beyond her, at this moment to do so. She believed that there was something going on, she believed that they weren't being led into a trap- but she would not be her life on it. Nall had concerns, and out of loyalty to Kurai and his memory she would follow the former commander's lead- but only so far. She was still the leader, that Nall had returned changed a lot, but the minute he left he had also abandoned his position. He could get it back, she thought, but it would take so much work and so much trust rebuilt within the group to do so. For now she would lead her group where Nall went, and if something happened that was seen as treason or treachery she would lead her group out of it. It was that simple.

Royce... the name lingered in her memory as the scar of the bite of a poisonous snake lingers on the arm of the victim. The name was poison. Royce was Gingitsune's greatest foe, her archnemesis, and ther person she most despised in the World. A sardonic smile spread across the Wavemistress's wan face, as much as she hated to admit it- she wanted Royce to appear, she wanted to fight her, she wanted to show the hacker her new toy- Cybele. The wand responded to this growing animosity by glowing a firey red and crackling with pleasure. Jocasta merely arched an eyebrow, her kindly flower of a mistress was truly a beast at heart, waiting to tear apart another victim.
..."And we know Royce stole it, but those... place, doesn't have the feel of her to it."
Oh but it did, Gingitsune shook her head softly, it did have her feel to it everywhere. Every bush and blade of grass screamed Royce. What other hacker was such a blatantly idiotic show-off who would plan such melodramatic coups de grace? Every step they took led them to Royce, and for a moment Gingitsune's heart panged with anxiety over her team mates... she would protect them with every ounce of her power, but whether they would be any match for Royce, even with her light shield to protect them... She shook her head softly, it was no time for doubt, they all had to believe in everything they did wholeheartedly, wasn't that where true power came from? From hope and refusing to give up that hope no matter what?

Gingitsune snapped out of her daze as the whole group filed slowly past her. She knew that Nall hated to waste time, she knew that Nall's first thought was of getting to the action, and then asking the questions. She knew a lot about Nall, but she felt betrayed by all of the things that she did not know about him. The things that he had kept from her. Every person had their right to secrets, she knew that, but she had always believed that, in the past, Nall had been her best friend in the group. When he left she doubted that anyone had been more heartbroken than she, and when he returned- that anyone had spiraled into any greater a turmoil than she had. Gingitsune had secrets, but she had never kept anything that she knew would hurt the group from any one of her team members. Nall had. He had kept a secret, and he had disappeared, and he would continue to keep this secret even though it meant that no one in the group- or atleast Gingitsune- could grant him full trust, or friendship without pain and suspicion.

The group began to walk Northeast in the lush, beautiful jungle and Gingitsune walked mechanically along with everyone else, scanning the trees and bushes with her sharp violet eyes for any sort of disturbance. Although she was not leader at the moment, she wouldn't let anything catch them by surprise... to Royce, surprise and drama were akin. Desecrating the memory of Kurai, she thought, how could she? How could anyone so blatantly destroy something created to memorialize one of her friends, one of her closest comrades?
If it was the doing of a hacker, she would stop it, she would not have mercy on any disgusting, amoral creature that would harm it. In the World it was kill or be killed, quite literally, and she had no wish to die.
"Lead on Nall," she whispered as her stiletto heel struck the soft undergrowth, "but watch your step."

Asgard
Exalted Player

Post by Asgard » Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:40 pm

The Treeweaver, Asgard thought to himself. He remembered all the times when Kurai was plain out unstoppable when he was in control of that spear. However, it seemed that the weapon also bore a curse in which he was damned to live. He knew that Kurai was dead, but never actually saw what actually happened to him. The fist fighter had never asked and didn't think this was the greatest time to ask either. If what Nall said was true, then Asgard had to pay attention to the task at hand. With a weapon as destructive as the Treeweaver in the hackers' grasp, comes a foreboding threat to The World.

Asgard kept pace, Terro following on his left at the same speed. They were near the left side of the trail, making sure that nothing could ambush the group from that direction. The duo looked forward and to the left in constant rotation. Asgard also took this time to tighten the straps on his red Fist Guards, as for some reason, felt loose upon his knuckles. He also tightened the cross chest strap on his powder satchel. Even if he allowed a tiny bit of powder out of the satchel, it would still provoke the whole attack. The attack itself wouldn't do anything to anyone now, but it would still tax his skill points harshly. Asgard's crimson red tabis were digging into the ground somewhat, most likely due to the jungle's moisture.

"Why don't we take to the air, friend?" Asgard looked over to see Terro, inquiring about a change of tactics. "We could gain a bigger picture of what lies ahead." Asgard pondered this thought for a second. If they were planning on harboring the Treeweaver here, they would probably do so in the field's dungeon. All they would have to do is find the dungeon and they would be skipping steps in this trek across the jungle. However, on fields like this one, and those which background is the forest, the entrance to the dungeon would be a cave-like entrance and that would be barely, if not impossible, to see in the air. The Fist Fighter thought of this as an effective plan. However, now was not the time to take command of the situation.

Nall knew where he was going, Asgard could sense it in his direction. It was as if he had already been here. Asgard bit his lip and sighed, replying to his friend. "No. We'll stay put and keep the left side safe." Terro huffed from the nose holes in his beak. Asgard chuckled on the inside, but decided to keep face on the outside. Even though Terro was created to be a perfect, steadfast outlook on life, or what Asgard was led to believe, he still had the potential to be biased and the ability to be angry. He patted him on his furry brown mane to calm him. "Don't fret, Terro. We have a guide in Nall. If we didn't, I would have already asked you to take me into the sky for a recon." The words began to calm Terro as well as the hand. Until for a brief moment, something shot down his arm and into the hand. Terro felt this unknown sting and quickly pulled its head away from the arm.

Asgard looked at his right hand with a puzzled look. For a second, it felt like the blood in his arm went absolute zero. However, there was no indication of frostbite, freezing or anything that would provoke such a feeling.

That's...odd...
This is my non-banner profile. Read at own discretion!
Wishlist (Bolded sections denotate priority, in descending order)
In General: LEVELS
Pet-Related: EX-Levels, [Lv. 2]Overdrive Sphere, [Lv. 2]Ressurect
Armor: Dice Gloves (20 RARE), Golden Turban (42), Saint Cross (41), Protect Ring (41)
Weapons: Master Nunchaku (40 RARE), Three-Section Staff (37),
Items: (None)

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:25 am

Nighthand started off as soon as Nall moved. He still had a lot of things to
discuss with the blademaster. Of course, it was unlikely that Nall would share any of it.

Nighthand winced at another flashmail chime, and opened it.
zavier wrote:Nighthand, what is going on? Why did we come here so quickly, and what is it that Nall is hiding? I sense something on this field…it feels familiar, and yet I can’t quite place it. What’s going on?
Nighthand wrote up a response and sent it on it's way, all the while walking so as to keep pace with Nall nearly at his side.
flashmail response to zavier wrote:It's not as complicated as it sounds. Of course, I don't really know much more than you do, now. Just wait and see.
Who could it be, this time...Nighthand wondered. Who's turn is it to nearly kill us?

For once, Silverblade was without comment.

Nighthand scratched at the back of his hand, where part of the tattoo that was Shard at the moment rested.

Master?

Nothing, just making sure you're alert. I have a feeling I might need you soon.

Yes, master.

"Nall... How many times do you have to die, before you tell at least one other person what the deal is? As evidenced by Garaa, you won't be around all the time. There will be times when you're gone, and we need something. We were at a loss for anything to do, before you sent me your message. Tell me... When will you trust us enough to let us into the light? No, don't answer now. Just don't get yourself killed again."

Nighthand wondered why he was suddenly being so up-front. It wasn't like him, to confront others about anything.

It is now, it seems.

What do you mean?

I mean, you've changed. Every minute I spend in here I learn more about you. It's fascinating, really. How you've changed, since you logged in, since you were trapped here... Since you met Arra, and later Shard and myself. You're not the same person you once were, and I doubt you'll ever be again.

Nighthand thought about that as he walked.

Jungles... Back home, in life, I never would have seen them. This virtual world is all I have, but in a way, it's better than my life could ever have been back outside. Instead of being a poor, perpetually bored, student of creative writing, I'm now a powerful warrior. A master of the elemental forces, and in some ways a leader in my own right. I can travel this world without ever needing to break for hunger, with little need for sleep. I have sanctuary I can go to when I need it. I have friends who will be there for me. I have enemies, and rivals, and everything a good story should have. I'm living a better story than I could ever have written. And yet... there are things I miss. The taste of good food, the casual life of leisure, the debates with friends... What must they think, now? Am I forever missing to them, a body in a coma with no soul? Do any of them sit in a hospital room, watching over me, talking to me, hoping I would wake up? Or am I another one of the missing, someone who no one will remember as time goes on? Who am I, now? Am I the man I was outside, or am I the man I am here? How long will I remain like this? Will I ever wake up? Will my few faithful friends finally forget about me, leaving me to collect dust in some forgotten room? Will they pull the plug on me? What would happen then, death, freedom?

Nighthand paused.

Too many questions, worry about them as they come.

The heavy blade drew his Life Sword, casually swiping at the vines to his side as he walked, the longsword-looking blade cleanly passing through the foliage. Out of the corner of his eye, he thought he saw something, slinking out of view in the brush. But when he focused his eyes on it, nothing.

Shrugging it off, Nighthand continued to walk, following Nall like old times.

Lighteria
Well-Oiled Machine

slightly perterbed at being called she...

Post by Lighteria » Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:05 am

A desecrated memorial? What's this guy even talking about? ....And why's he looking at me as though I'm a girl...? Geez, my character may be a LITTLE androgynous but you'd think it'd be easy to tell...

"Mew..." Kit says, suddenly pouncing from the twin blade's arms to his shoulder, snuggling against his neck, getting a firm yet comfortable spot. Lighteria smiles softly, staring at it for a moment.

Yeah, alright, you can go ahead and get comfy up there... I imagine we'll be doing a lot of walking today, that's probably a good spot.

Now what's this about Kurai... or whoever... A memorial? Come on... he just has to restart the game. ...heh... Probably got killed by a high-level monster and got discouraged and quit... And of course, his friends mourn over that. ...But a memorial? Honestly... people take this game WAY too seriously.

He blinks, suddenly noticing Zavier (A blademaster he'd come to know about) suddenly flashing, warping... ...changing.

Ahh... yeah. Oy... Damn hackers. They ruin the game for the rest us. Giving themselves power-ups like that... ...Or something.

His thoughts wane for a moment, drowning out the conversation around him as he unconsciously follows the group in the travels.

Well anyway... this... whoever's doing... whatever to this memorial thing... they sound bad. Sounds kinda like a jerk who doesn't care about other's feelings....

...Like that thief...

...Squall... I'm sorry....

He said he'd help me find that present... ....But.... even if he doesn't I don't mind. I like helping people out. And to be frank, this seems like a really great bunch of people. ...Especially that wavemaster with the nice wand. She's got a sort of.... quiet elegance about her. Wish I was that cool. Heh... I'll bet she NEVER worries about what others think of her...

Sigh* I'm so pathetic ((OCC: much like this post))

He blinks, realizing he's fallen behind, and swiftly runs up to catch the rest of the group, staying unconsciously outside the group bounds... just to avoid conversation.
Lv. 37 Twin Blade (180 SP)
Weapon: Rashou (Thunder Coil- 30, Suvi Lei- 20, Mumyn Lei- 30) (Life Drain)
Armor: Holy Tree Mail (Juk Kruz- 20) - Scarab Earring (La Repth- 20, Rip Maen- 40) - Time Sandals (Ap Do- 15) - Forest Gloves (Juk Kruz- 20)
GP: 14384

Wish list (In order of priority): Angel halo accessory, chibi angel wings, Bone Armor, Professional

Lighteria: "Obsessively updating my profile since Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:10 pm"

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:37 pm

Gingitsune sighed heavily, walking through what seemed like an eternal jungle- full of strange sights and smells, and unpleasantly moist undergrowth, was rather less interesting than she had hoped. The questions whirling around her head weren't getting her anywhere, and as her stiletto heels sunk, step after step, into the mud she felt as if she would explode. Looking around the group she saw the sullen solemnity that she herself was experiencing and found herself wishing that Hijinx was there to relieve some of the tension with some comedic relief.
Her eyes travelled, and finally settled on Nighthand, who seemed to be just about as pensive over the unanswered situation of Nall's return as she was.

Two quick steps and Gingitsune crossed the path and positioned herself next to Nighthand, tugging imperatively on his sleeve.

"I think we're ruminating over the same problem..." she began, her large lavendar eyes narrowing in thought, "there're too many questions to be asked, and no one willing to answer them. Nall's always been like this, it isn't anything new for him to be secretive..." she whispered, ensuring that only Nighthand could hear the conversation

"...But he owes us an explanation this time! How does he think that we can trust him if he just appears out of nowhere, without offering us any logical explanation for his disappearance in the first place. It's ridiculous. I don't have anything against Nall, he was my friend once and may still be, but..."

Gingitsune shrugged her shoulders in exasperation.
Nall was ignoring them all, he was leading them without telling them how he had returned, why he had returned, and what they were up against...

Mystery was one thing, but when pushed too far it was an annoyance... and a dangerous one at that.

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:27 pm

Nighthand continued walking, as Gingi spoke to him. He found himself nodding in agreement with what she said. However...

"Don't worry about it so much, Gingi... I have a feeling this one's gonna reveal a bit more. And besides, Nall may be powerful, but he's not perfect. If he doesn't tell us what we want to know..."

The heavyblade looked to the wavemistress, smiling.

"Well, he won't be able to take on all of us. It'd be a simple matter to lock him in the hideout until he talked. Well, maybe not simple, but still, the theory is there. I don't think he'd easily accept ALL of his help up and leaving if he didn't talk."

Nighthand looked around, again catching motion out of the corners of his eyes. Almost as if there was something following him, a shadow hidden in the trees. But again, every time he tried to look for it, it disappeared.

"Besides. Without him, we're really uninformed. I'm sure he has some kind of source for this information. He might not even know it all himself. But I agree, we should get some out of him."

Nighthand eyed the blademaster in the back of his skull. If looks could do damage, he would have a pretty massive headache at the moment. But after a few seconds his gaze lightened, and the smile returned to his face.

"It'll all work out, one way or the other."

Cypher
Exalted Player

Post by Cypher » Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:37 pm

Something is wrong…

And I suggest you watch yourself…

Why the silence? Is there no salute to your old friend?

Remember your last adventure with the leading blade master?

…Yes…but…are you inside me…

No, not that intricate…but you’ll see soon…for now, consider me your advisor…

“Mew…”

The small conversation was having with his “advisor” had been cut short due Lighteria’s pet. Unlike the other beasts the players had, his was cute, cuddly…and not dangerous. Cypher mildly chuckled, and walked on. Everyone in the group had arrived, and it was time to move out. Before they did so, however, Zavier uttered a few prophetic words, and a vibrant green light show ensued. After a few seconds of flash and glamour, he stopped, and spoke.

“I am the Wood Dragon Knight!”

Interesting…

Again, the same ritual was done, this time the color of the show being a deep blue.

“I am the Water Dragon Knight.”

That one too…

Once the show was over, Zavier walked on to Nall, and spoke to him. They chatted for a bit before Nall announce that the group would walk on. Several players showed signs of confusion and suspicion towards Nall, although none voiced their feelings. Instead, the broke off into small groups, consulting with each other, or alone, stopping, then walking once again. They could be writing flash mails, or just setting up their music list…either way, things happened under the covers. Cypher walked on, trailing behind Nall, just a few feet behind Nighthand and the wave mistress Gingitsune. They were also chatting it up silently, leaning their heads in when one wished to express their feelings about something. Ahead, Nall kept walking, leading they way, confident as ever.

Don’t rely on your powers…

Why not…

For one, your cover will be blown…and two...

“Mew…”

“Heh…a cat…”

Cypher found the idea of the cat a bit comical. He chuckled and walked on, his mind temporarily relaxed and free of tension.
Last edited by Cypher on Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wishlist: Ends of Earth (11 BM), Black Sharp Angel Wings, BM Swords (Rare/Common)

New sig coming soon!

ryok
Elevated Player

Post by ryok » Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:10 am

-The three golden rings rose up from the ground leaving ryok in their wake. He looked around, but didn't have to much time before someone spoke. From what he could see the land he stood upon was just the entrance to a woodland field. Behind him sat an invisible wall that restricted him from moving past it further out on to the field behind him. Before the moment the character showed himself to ryok he was completely oblivious that he was there. His eyes were set on a face in which he could place the name now with.

-Nall, he did participate in the Battle Royal. He was one of the ones who just about laughed when we tried to attack them. Heh, anyway why was I called here?.. Oh, yea.. Angelus. Angelus.. That hallucination must've just been a coincidence.. I mean.. just hearing his name, and revenge in the same sentence brings back memories. Memories..

-"Well hello, Ryok. Before you ask about Angelus-" A set of rings interrupted Nall's voice as it trailed off into the next sentence..

-"Ahh, hello. You must be Lighteria. Welcome." It was the one he had seen in Mac Anu just a few minutes earlier. Ryok looked over at Lighteria both of them seeming to have a weird face attached.. Like.. What's with this guy?.. Ryok's thoughts came back to Lighteria.

-B-b-but how is it that I got here before him then?.. Hrmm.. something is defiantly wrong here.. I can't place my finger on it yet, but there is..

-A few more golden rings appeared from the ground Hacorie appearing. With Rhilla, and Reinier not to far behind him. Ryok sighed looking at who he guessed was coming with him on the quest which was coming up. Right as ryok thought it couldn't get any worse Nall spoke again..

-"I did not lie in my flashmail's to any of you. However, in return for me helping you, you need to help me..." His emotion seeming to be changing with the words the flowed from his mouth. "Very soon some old friends of mine will join us here. Many of them you will have met before and may even be good friends with. I'll leave the explanation of how you can help me to them. In return, whether it be rare items or a lost present, I will help you." Ryok thought about his offer, and was going to question about himself. He wasn't the talkative kind so when the others began mumbling he just.. kept to himself. A few seconds later more golden rings flooded the area. Some other characters that looked familiar. Cypher his Clan leader, and a few others from the Battle Royal that he couldn't quite name at thte moment. Nall spoke introducing himself over again, and then went into a speech.. All ryok heard from it was..

-"Blahblahblahblahblahblahblah.. Blahblahblahblahblah.. Blah.. Blah.. If you've noticed, there are 5 players here whom you may have met before... Please try to help them along and guide them as to what they need to do." Ryok's mind raced..

-Guide them as to what the need to do!?.. What is he talking about I know the ropes. I am not a damn n00b.. I don't think I would've been called here if I was. Hrmp.. I don't need to be told what to do. We'll see when the time comes who needs to be guided. Gewd Gawd I need to calm down.. What is it about this guy that just wants me to hate him?..

-Again he spoke, and most of it was blurred out by the loud thinking process of Kakashi's mind. He heard.. "Memorial of Kurai is being desecrated on this very field... Stay here and do nothing, or trust me and try to save yourselves and your friends. Your choices should be obvious..."

-Ryok didn't like this guy to much. The next thing that happened really happened to him in a blur, but when it was over he was walking behind Lighteria.. All he remembered was a Memorial, Hackers, Royce, and Mew?..

-So many questions!.. Ugh.. Who is Royce?.. Why would there be a Memorial for a character who can just log back on as easily, as if they were to die. Hackers I understand, but what about them again?.. Ugh!.. Life moves to fast for me to just sit around, and watch it go by I have to pay attention more often.. Mew?.. Oh, Lighteria's cat.

-Ryok was walking steadily behind someone he didn't know. All he knew was that if he stuck with them he'd be pretty much ok for the moment. He was in the back of the ground his hand sitting upon the handle of his blade waiting for something.. Anything to happen. The two ahead of him were talking, but it was to dull to hear over the roar of the rustling leaves. Where was the action?..

((OOC:I didn't really want to sum everything thats happened to my character so far so I kinda just pretended he blinked, and he was walking.. xD I didn't want to introduce the enemy too.. T_T To afraid of getting in trouble. >.> I wouldn't of anyways.))

Ryok| Lvl. 27| Heavy Blade| Demonic Sword| Kagayuzen| Fire Bracer| Suzaku Fiery Pants
Karin| Kannon| Miu Lei| Vak Rom| Vak Don| Dek Vaks| Ap Vaks
Skill Drain| Death

Wish list:Black Sharp Angelic Wings| Time Headband| Unique Weapon

Hacorie
Ikkitousen

Post by Hacorie » Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:53 am

Flashmail:
To: Hacorie

The promise of rare items isn’t worth your life. I suggest that you and the others must leave immediately especially the lower level players. You probably figure out that we aren’t normal players. The danger is too great. Leave now before all of you get caught up in our business.

End Flashmail

Flashmail
To: Phoenix

I know more than I seem to let off. I may say one thing, yet mean another. I am not that well known in the game, so why would I be picked? Something is not what it seems, but this is too interesting to pass up. My life? Phoenix, why would my life be at risk. I mean maybe in The World . . . but if you mean in real life, it does not make sense. If anything comes up, I will leave. I am no pushover anyway. I have a few tricks up my sleeve. I do feel uneasy with the group you are with. If you cannot hang around Fatal Exception, then why them. You do not seem like the person to just dump us on the side of the road. Something more is up. You once said the Admin’s frown upon you. So either you are an illegal character, or a hacker. I do not know which to think I trust you Phoenix. Tell me, what is going on with you and this group.

End Flashmail

"This is not a grave, it is a remaining piece of a friend that was fell not too long ago. Not to sound cruel, but I wouldn't care except for the fact that the Treeweaver, in the hands of the hackers, creates extreme problems. Well, I simply wish to take back the Treeweaver from the hackers. I have received information that the weapon was being kept in this field. I want everyone to help me get it back. All right people! Enough chit-chat. We need to get going before the hackers realize we're here!" With those words said to a few players that had talked to him, the Blademaster turned around and began to walk through the forest as if he knew exactly where he was going, and it seemed people form the second and first party began to follow him.

Well, I guess they are easily convinced. Well I do not trust him at all. Nall is not to be trusted by anyone. He wants us to help him get a hacked weapon. I have never heard of the ‘Treeweaver’, but if it is as powerful as he says, then why would he want it for himself. He did not say anything about destroying it, just getting it. He could use it for himself. I cannot trust a person like that. Never . . . Weapons like that should not be harnessed by anyone. Now, I have to figure this out since Zavier said this is Gingistune’s Special Fighting Force. I need to talk to this Gingistune, and since there are only two females her, one being Rhilla, I know just who to talk to.

Walking toward the Wavemistress, Hac almost started to talk when she tugged at the shirt of Nighthand and began to whisper to him. The words she said could not be understood by anyone else, not even the sensitiva ears of the Heavy Blade. As she finished, Hac stepped up to her and tugged on her shirt a bit to get her attention. “Excuse me...My name is Hac. I wanted to ask you a few questions if you did not mind. I need to know a little information about this whole deal, and about you and your group. I hope you can help me with this,” The Heavy Blade finished and then began to try and think what he would say to her.

“Look, I know you are the leader of this group. You are Gingistune. I once dueled Zavier Dragonus. He told me I could not beat him because he was part of Gingistune’s special fighting force. Correct me if I am wrong, but you must be Gingistune. You are the only woman in the group. Now please. Tell me about what makes your group so special and why you are running or frowned up by the Admin of The World. Also, what is so special about this Treeweaver. I got that it is hacked, but why so special. Nall portrayed it as a weapon of mass destruction, not a normal weapon. So I need an explanation to know why I should help. I do not trust this Nall, but I have friends within your group. I trust them, so I trust you.” Hac said as he walked over to the side of the trees to try and make the conversation private.

Why must things be hidden, why?
Hacorie
Level 36 Heavy Blade
Gold: 21237

Equips
Oceanic Aura/Sharktooth-Ice Helm-Winter Coat-
Shiva's Rings-Bondage Pants
---Water Magic, BL Yokohama

Wishlist:
Level Meh Up
Weapons: Sakabatou/Rock n Roll/Peace Blade
Body: Knight's Armor
Other: Earthlore/Feng Shui
--------Water/Earth Scrolls

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:39 am

Nighthand continues walking, as conversation with the others gradually dropped off. His unusually light attitude also dropped off. His eyes flicked across the jungle, scanning.

“It’s almost time…” He muttered to himself.

The path they were on abruptly widened. The stood in a rather small clearing. Nall didn’t miss a beat, walking onwards to the exit on the far side. Nighthand followed, the others not far behind, when the rustling of the jungle leaves changed tone.

Stopping dead, Nighthand called out. “Prepare yourselves!”

As the words left his mouth, so did the first creature they’d seen on this field. A blur of orange streaked at him, all claws, fangs, and fur. Its attack bowled him over, sending him flat on his back. The heavy blade raised his sword just in time to catch the creatures jaw as it snapped for his throat.

With all his might, he rocked back, kicking the huge creature off his body. It didn’t look to be moving very far, until Nall stepped in and swatted it away. It skidded to a halt, several yards away, warily watching its prey.

“Look.” Someone said behind him.

Glancing to each side, he saw more of the creatures emerge from the jungle. Two had emerged from the trees blocking the entrance, so they couldn’t go back the way they had come. A fourth came from the exit, where the initial beast had come from.

Now that he got a better look of them, the heavy blade and everyone else could tell what they were. Tigers.

Nighthand watched them, waiting for another attack, when he caught a smell on the air. More rustling followed, and four more creatures emerged from the trees. Flowers? he thought to himself.

And indeed they were. They didn’t look dangerous, but no doubt they had been given spells of some kind by their hacker master.

As if that wasn’t enough, a huge crash echoed through the clearing, as a tree near the exit smashed to the ground. A huge creature emerged, and picked up the tree it had felled. Some kind of massive beast, it was obviously the tank of the group.

Nighthand slashed his life sword around a bit, then looked to Nall.

“About time, eh? What do YOU know about these things?”

He knew Nall’s information was always useful.

(OOC: Alright, battle time! See Nall’s post for more details.)

Nall
Elevated Player

Post by Nall » Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:46 am

Nall quickly darted to Nighthands aid. With a quick and powerful kick he swatted the large tiger to the edge of the tiny clearing. Nall stepped back as he eyed the monsters around him. Nighthand shouted out to him.

“About time, eh? What do YOU know about these things?”

Nall grinned as he looked at the beasts in question.

"The Tigers are so originally named Forest Tigers. They're quick, strong, and smart. They will combine their power and try to gang up on people, especially the weaker players. Those cute flowers, are quite deadly. They've been dubbed Doom Lily's. They're powerful mages that have more SP then you can shake a stick at. They're fully equipped with level 1 and 2 Juk spells."

Nall paused and turned to look at the big ugly thing. It seemed to wait there like the rest of the monsters for their proper introduction. Cocky AI's...

"That Big Fugly thing is a Big Fugly Troll. Don't ask me if the hackers were drunk when they named him, but you never know. He's big, strong, his skin is hard as stone and he's suprisingly fast. Be careful of his only skill, Stomp, which will stun everyone in the area. Those Forest Tigers arn't affected though, and will take advantage."

The Doom Lily's looked like cute flowers, about the size of half a player. They even had an enticing aroma that made players nautious when close. The Tigers looked like normal tigers, but were slightly larger. They had 2 skills, Tiger Claws and Juk Wipe(basically a slash with a seasoning of Juk). The BFT was just that, huge, about 3 times the heihgt of a normal player and god knows how much heavier. It's massive tree club would do serious damage.

The end of Nalls introduction seemed to flip a switch and the monsters now charged forwards. The 4 Forest Tigers deciding to make Lighteria their first target, charged at him full tilt.

"Shoot! All the vetren's pair up with the newcommers! Keep each one of them protected at all times!"
Nall dashed with his amazing speed inbetween Light and the incomming Tigers. The Tigers fanned out to try and flank Nall and Light. Nall frowned. He could take on the tigers himself, but he couldn't protect Light from 4 intelligent ones. Not to mention the flower mages that could chime in any second.

"A little help guys!"
Nall shouted as he slashed at one of the Tigers in front, sending it sprawling backwards. This battle would be tough. Simply because the monsters were very organized, and the new group wasn't.

(OOC: As a little help to facilitate the battle conffusion.... Since we've had trouble with this before, if you actually KILL something, say whatever in your post but also put it in an ooc: "Killed 1 forest tiger" or whatever ok? You don't need to keep a count, but sometimes people get confussed if the person killed the monster or not ^^;; Also, as a note to the new players, death isn't THAT bad. We make it out to be, but we're all paranoid since we're infected with twilight :) you will not actually die unless you get a game over, just like in .hack games. So don't think that dying is all that bad, it sometimes helps the story line and someone will revive you quick like a bunneh ^^)
Nall//Blademaster | SWORD | Time Headband | Kagayuzen | Hands of Life | White Boots | {Life Drain}{Skill Drain} <Rue Crack> <Rue Revolver> <Ap Do> <Miu Lei> <Ol Repth> <Rip Maen>

Zavier_D
Awakened Player

Post by Zavier_D » Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:01 am

Zavier was walking a few paces behind Nighthand. He was slightly surprised at his new attitude. He was seemingly more confident with his old skills than his new. Was that a surprise? Not extremely, given that he had used his powers a very long time. They had become accustomed to him as much as he had become comfortable to him. They had become, in effect, his second skin, and he felt completely at home with them. However, he was slightly worried…when he became those warriors again, he felt familiar…but he didn’t completely feel the link he once felt. He wondered if his worst fear had come true…did the memory of him being their warrior get erased? If that was the case, that meant countless battles and plans would most likely have been erased as well….and regardless as to whether they were a second skin or not, they would be at a disadvantage.

Zavier instantly grabbed Order, his body once again responding faster than he could think. There was something….in front! Nighthand was impacted by a large creature and fell backwards, the monster trying desperately to claw him. After a short while he was able to see that the creature was…a tiger? Next came what looked like plants…and he had fought some before, but these looked quite more interesting. And then came the crashing of a tree and the appearance of a truly crazy beast.

“Wow…what a way to break in the new recruits.”

"The Tigers are so originally named Forest Tigers. They're quick, strong, and smart. They will combine their power and try to gang up on people, especially the weaker players. Those cute flowers, are quite deadly. They've been dubbed Doom Lily's. They're powerful mages that have more SP then you can shake a stick at. They're fully equipped with level 1 and 2 Juk spells."

"That Big Fugly thing is a Big Fugly Troll. Don't ask me if the hackers were drunk when they named him, but you never know. He's big, strong, his skin is hard as stone and he's suprisingly fast. Be careful of his only skill, Stomp, which will stun everyone in the area. Those Forest Tigers arn't affected though, and will take advantage."

"Shoot! All the vetren's pair up with the newcommers! Keep each one of them protected at all times!"

“Veterans match, who do I match up with?” Zavier looked quickly at the different fighters in the group. He normally would immediately pair up with Cypher, their fighting skills similar enough to be a perfect match for one another…but if Nall really wanted them to protect the weaker people, what choice did he have? He quickly scanned and scanned….until he found someone close by him.

“Hacorie, let’s go!”

He had fought with this character enough to know that he was willing to continue to fight…and Zavier’s speed with his strength would be a very good combination. Zavier’s eyes twitched as 2 tigers ran straight towards Hacorie, ready to take him apart. Zavier’s order slammed into the ground right in front of them, causing them to jump out of the way. He dashed up and grabbed it, Hacorie standing ready at his side. The tigers snarled at him, and while Zavier kept an eye on them he also watch the plants and the massive beast. This was going to be difficult to do…especially if the beast could stun people in an area.

“Hacorie, let’s do. If you see the creature about to do a move, jump, because its stun most likely effects ground units. Let’s deal with these two tigers, although we should try to get them separate. Together we would have even more trouble trying to keep track. Let’s go!”

Zavier dashed forward, not having time to pay attention to Hacorie at that moment. A tiger sized him up and began to run towards him, bursting at incredible speed. Zavier already had Order in his sheath, ready to perform an attack. As the creature lunged he brought out his blade, striking towards the right but completing the circle as he went by. His slash connected and the creature hit the ground, almost instantly rising up and dashing for him. He was ready, bringing himself to a halt and jumping into the air. The creature stopped at the last second and lunged up, performing an almost completely vertical leap towards him. Zavier held his blade in front of him as the creature slammed into him, almost knocking the wind out of him. He fell backwards, spinning until he landed on his feat, and then jumping back again as the creature landed a bit away from him. He rushed at it, eager to perform a skill…

…“Rue Crack!” Zavier’s sword became charged with water element as he came down upon the creature, ice radiating from its frame. “Not over yet: Vak Revolver!” His sword came to life, burning with the glow of a thousand suns. His circulating attack tore into the face of the beast, and with his final slash he knocked it away, knowing he had injured it.

“Let’s go, round two time.”

(OOC: One tiger generally hurt.)
Level:33
SP: 170
Skills:Rue Crack/Rue Revolver/Ap Ganz/ Rip Synk
Equipment: Heavenly Sword/ Grand Armor/ Forester Helm/ Rusted Hands/ Flare Guard/Thunder Cloak
Items:1 Sprite Ocarnia/3 Healing Drinks/Komura/Head Gear/5 Ressurect/2 Knight's Bane/1 Vak Rom/1 Rue Rom
Dragons: Wood, Bronze, Iron, Water

http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/DIVER ... c=6055&hl=