Enter the World through the Theta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Asgard
Exalted Player

Theta: Closed Solitary Nothingness | Kurai: Friend or Foe?

Post by Asgard » Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:28 pm

OOC: Hey this is Asgard. The first part of this field was getting a bit lengthy, so I decided to make a new thread with new super duper kung fu action title, with the last post from Kurai. Have fun :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Stop."

The voice boomed through the room. Every leaf seemed to resonate the sound of his voice. The roots rumbled and shook, almost as if they were responding to his voice. Every single fire imp stopped their charge, and even took a step back from their respective targets.

Nighthand held his sword at the ready, aimed at an imp. Hijinx stood in the center of a ring of imps, but somehow, everyone knew she had the upper hand. Gingitsune, and several others had their attention at the door. Everyone know where the voice came from, and who it belonged to. the voice sounded so familiar, on the back of everyone's mind. It was the sound of their old friend, their new foe. In this field, it rang out like the voice of god.

Zavier gripped tighter onto his weapon. Phoenix gave a look of utter discontent upon hearing the voice. Ginitsune took a single step forward, both hands on Cybelle. "Kurai." Her voice seemed distant, as if it was shouted down a long hallway. Gingitsune seemed to wait for an answer, but when she didnt get her reply, she shouted again. "Kurai. We are here for you."

The door opened, and everyone knew that they were supppsed to go through. Phoenix glared at the imps, and they seemed to part, leaving a trail open for the group to go though. Gingitsune in front followed closely by Nighthand, followed closely by the rest of the group, all made their way to the door. They knew behind it was only two more obstacles: Akari, and The man they came here for.

Argilus held a single blade in his normal arm, the other kept wrapped at his side. He was at the rear of the group, his eyes darting from imp to imp. "I still dont trust these things..." Argilus backed up, getting closer to the door. Argilus heard the last person enter through the door, and he turned around to follow through. As he stepped up to the doorway, he found the framed fabric door shut. He put his hand to the door, about to open it up, when he heard the girlish voice, her tone both playful and deadly. "Of course you shouldn't trust them! They're here to hurt you!"

-----------------------

The room the group stepped into was all white. It was as if someone had erased the room they should have been in, and replaced it with a blank slate. Ahead, a figure seemed to appear out of the whiteness, like a persom emerging from a dense fog. It was Kurai, but he seemed different. His silver armor was replaced with what looked like rough tree bark, yet his white yukata looked as crisp as always. He also wore black hakama pants, which seemed as dark as a starless night. "So, it was all of you. I had my suspicions, but Akari lied to me. She told me admins had come to destroy me." Kurai walked forward a little more, a regal tone in his step. "I don't know whether to be happy to see such old friends once again, or be sad that its you who came to kill Kurai, the dark tyrant. The Corrupted Soul. That is what they call me, right?"

Kurai held no weapon in his hands. the Treeweaver was nowhere to be seen.
This is my non-banner profile. Read at own discretion!
Wishlist (Bolded sections denotate priority, in descending order)
In General: LEVELS
Pet-Related: EX-Levels, [Lv. 2]Overdrive Sphere, [Lv. 2]Ressurect
Armor: Dice Gloves (20 RARE), Golden Turban (42), Saint Cross (41), Protect Ring (41)
Weapons: Master Nunchaku (40 RARE), Three-Section Staff (37),
Items: (None)

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Wed Mar 10, 2004 1:25 am

I should try to shout out my wishes more often if I can get this type of result.

That was the first thought that came to Phoenix's mind when Kurai's voice told the imps to stop their attacks on the group. He was shocked it came true. He was finally going to meet the legendary Kurai only to kill him if he cannot go back to the man that he was once was. Phoenix knew that the others like Gingi would not have the heart or the will to kill Kurai. They would try to save him until the very end of their lives since Kurai would kill them easily. Phoenix wished that he had the same resolve as Gingi and the others but he was looking at the innocent people of "The World" instead of Kurai.

He walked through the doors which the imps laid a path for them. His sword was still drawn out just in case that the imps have any thoughts of trying to attack them. The room that Phoenix just entered was completely white all around. To him, the room gave off a ghostly aura which gave chills to Phoenix. He held his sword tightly to him. He suddenly a figure that was breaking through the complete whiteness of the room. At that point, he knew that it was Kurai, the objective of this mission.

He knew that it wasn't time to attack Kurai just yet. Phoenix look at Kurai and noticed that the Treeweaver wasn't equipped on him. Suzaku, didn't Kurai had a spear that had the power of wood? Phoenix spoke into Suzaku's mind. Yes, he did but this shouldn't mean that he isn't as dangerous. Keep your guard up. Phoenix turned his attention back to Kurai as he spoke to everyone in the group.

"So, it was all of you. I had my suspicions, but Akari lied to me. She told me admins had come to destroy me."

I wonder why his mistress didn't tell him the truth about us. I wonder if she knows about his connection to Gingi and the others. She might be the one who cause Kurai to be evil. Phoenix refocused his attention back to Kurai's speech.

"I don't know whether to be happy to see such old friends once again, or be sad that its you who came to kill Kurai, the dark tyrant. The Corrupted Soul. That is what they call me, right?"

For some of us, we are here to kill the Corrupted Soul. For others, they want the old Kurai back. I will stop him no matter the price.

Phoenix decided to take a step towards Kurai and said, "Kurai, I don't know you personally but I will do anything to get back the Kurai that everyone else here knows. If there's no way of bringing you back, then don't expect me to show any doubts of attacking you. I allow the others to make their plea to you before making my decision about you."

Suzaku felt a little displeasure from Phoenix's statement. There's something wrong with Kazuma. It seems that he doesn't care about the others or even his own life. I wonder if this has to do with the Trail of Misery that I saw in his mind. I must stop him someway if he thinks that ending his own life will stop the Trail. Phoenix had his sword pointing at Kurai ready to attack him if necessary.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Wish List: Phoenix's Fire, Gold Necklace
EX-Spheres: LV 3 - Overdrive, LV 3 - Curative, LV 3 - Elemental Breath

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:10 pm

Gingitsune looked at Kurai, concern etched over her pale face. Her violet eyes with a note of sorrow in them at Kurai's indifference. Cybelle changed as well, the hazy grey of indecision and difficulty. Treeweaver was nowhere in sight, true, but there was no clear cut way to know whether Kurai was friend or foe.

Gingitsune steeled herself, did you expect that it would be easy? That he would simply be either evil or good, you know better than that- everything is complex and complicated.

Jocasta landed near Gingitsune's feet and gazed into her mistress' eyes with her own serpentine gold ones. Her claws were flexing inward and outward, lethal scythes from soft pads.
Quite a little pickle you've gotten yourself into Gingi...
Gingitsune scowled darkly at her guardian, this was no time for teasing.
I can handle myself very well without your comments Jocasta
Listen, all you have to do is trust yourself, you should know if he's good or bad, either you or Cybelle...
It's just not that... simple.

Gingitsune looked around the room, turning her back to Jocasta. It was white, not pure beautiful white, but blank, empty infinity. The sight of it made Gingitsune shiver involuntarily, there was neither light nor darkness here. It was just like Kurai, a riddle, neither good nor evil. The fog that seemed to surround the distance had a chilling presence.
If I have to remain here long, I'll go insane...

She heard Phoenix address Kurai, and turned with curiosity to see what was said.
"Kurai, I don't know you personally but I will do anything to get back the Kurai that everyone else here knows. If there's no way of bringing you back, then don't expect me to show any doubts of attacking you. I allow the others to make their plea to you before making my decision about you."
Gingitsune smiled, it was an admirable sentiment to be sure, and as she stepped forward her mood brightened considerably.
"Kurai, I've known you longer than almost anyone in this room. We've been together through thick and thin, and we've fought together on countless occassions. I don't believe that you'd turn evil, not completely. You were always so strong, I just won't believe that you would have given in to becoming something or someone that isn't... well, you. You always had such strong morals, and character, and I know that that's still there... I don't want to fight you, I want to help you if you want to be helped, I won't stand around and watch another one of my team mates being shot down and killed... However, if you are what they said you are... I can't allow you to kill anyone either... "

Gingitsune paused, biting her lip... "The next move is yours Kurai, use it wisely."

Zavier_D
Awakened Player

Post by Zavier_D » Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:08 am

(OOC: You ready?)

Zavier gripped his Jinsaran tighter than he had ever done in his life. His sword seemed to shine, yet not in the non-light of the white room. The sensation of the room gave him shivers. Before him stood Kurai, the mighty fighter. He had been known to be one of the most powerful fighters in all of The World; Zavier knew from experience, being that he had actually fought along side of him.

It had only been for a short while, but that short while was all he had needed to see. The grace in which Kurai had used the Treeweaver, its Wood Power responding perfectly to him was incredible. Zavier had only seen such power in Tokki’s weapon, and he saw how well she could use it. Kurai, called by some the master of Wood Magic in the World, stood before them, almost in a nonchalant matter. Zavier scanned the ground, and then looked past him. He couldn’t tell where one began. He couldn’t tell if he were actually walking on solid land. They could completely be in a trap and not realize it; although, surely, Bahamut would know that he was in danger and would warn him. Wherever these Guardians came from, they had to know more than the normal person did. Albeit, the members of Gingitsune’s elite group wee far from normal, being trapped in this world, but at the same time, their guardians were full of mysterious powers that they hadn’t begun to fathom.

“Bahamut,” Zavier spoke within his mind, “can you sense any danger?”

“Honestly Zavier, I cannot. There is something odd about this place, something I can’t quite place. I can’t sense the….”

Zavier could feel coldness in the air. The way in which Kurai was speaking to them sent shivers in his mind. He listened to him, noticing that Kurai had been talking to them. “It was all of you…” Yes, of course he had to have known it was us. Who, besides Gingitsune’s group of fighters, would come chasing through some maniacal dungeon looking for him? Certainly no normal players, and probably not admins as well. If what Zavier had head about Kurai was true, even the…

Use…them…

Zavier could feel the warmth of the fire that burned within his Jinsaran. He had acquired the sword ages ago, and it had become a pat of his character. Whenever he was not holding it, or whenever it felt out of reach, he never felt comfortable. He was surprised, however, to notice that it was shaking more or less. It was almost imperceptible, but he could tell that his arms were quivering a bit. “Well, that’s perfectly normal. Kurai is undoubtedly incredible strong, so it makes sense that it would be slightly worried about the fight with him. I’ll just have to build upon this energy and go from there.”

Use…them…

“Zavier, listen to me!” Bahamut yelled and Zavier almost jumped from the loudness in his brain.

“What is it Bahamut, you don’t have to yell.”
“What’s wrong with you? I have been trying to speak to you for a small bit of time now, and you seemed to not even acknowledge the fact that I am here. What is the matter?”

“I don’t know what you are talking about Bahamut. Anyway, do you have anymore news for me?”

“Well, not completely, I was just trying to explain…”

“I don’t want to hear that Bahamut. Simply tell me if you find useful information; otherwise don’t bother me with useless talk.”

“Very well Zavier.”

Zavier felt uncomfortable in this place. At times it felt as though he would go into a panic, but he had to fight the feeling. If he let the room get the best of him, he would never be able to fight Kurai effectively.

Use…them…

Zavier noticed that his hand was shaking more now. Now it was visible; if you looked at him, you could see that his arm was shaking. “What’s the matter? Why am I shaking? I understood nervousness before, but I am in more control than this. Zavier lifted his Jinsaran up higher as Gingitsune had begun to talk to Kurai.

"Kurai, I've known you longer than almost anyone in this room. We've been together through thick and thin, and we've fought together on countless occasions. I don't believe that you'd turn evil, not completely. You were always so strong…”

“…Z….Can you…Can you hear me?” Bahamut was speaking to his mind once again. Zavier held his forehead, a slight headache flashing through his skull.

“What is it you want?”

“Zavier…something’s happening to the Wood Dragon. I will take you into unconsciousness so that you can see.” Zavier was instantly surrounded in Black, which shocked him because of the utter whiteness he had just been experiencing. Finally he arrived somewhere he was familiar with; the Dragons of his were lying down in their respective locations, and the Wood Dragon was inside of its cage.

“What is the problem Bahamut? I don’t see anything different about him.”

“You don’t see anything different? Zavier, open your eyes. Don’t scan the dragon, look at him. He is definitely in a pain of some kind.” Zavier looked closer at the Wood Dragon but could still see nothing. He moved closer, and as he came within a foot of the cage he could see what Bahamut had been speaking of. The Wood Dragon was moaning and throwing itself against its cage. The cage was holding it back, but every time it though itself at the cage Zavier’s entire body shook. Zavier could feel the ache of the dragon, and he realized why his body was shaking.

The Wood Dragon was going crazy.

“Bahamut, what can I…”

Zavier was staying at Kurai. Gingitsune must have finished speaking…

Use…them…now…

“Kurai,” Zavier started as he took a couple of steps forward. He stood now as far as Gingitsune stood, and he could feel the stares of his friends on him. “They should stare; I’m the only one out of them brave enough to speak to Kurai.” Nighthand looked at Zavier, but Zavier turned once again to Kurai. “Kurai, I once fought against you…I mean, along side of you during an admin fight.” Zavier’s right arm began to shake even more, and Zavier had to concentrate to straighten it up.

USE THEM

“I….I….back then….” Zavier got the urge to use his Dragon’s. Their powers would be able to defeat Kurai, no matter how strong he was. “But which do I use?” he thought as he scanned them. Finally he decided on his one that had the most power. Its water element would normally be a problem, but in this game, Wood had not extra power over Water. “Kurai…I wanted to show you what I could do. I want to show you the power I have acquired!”

Zavier called on the Water Dragon, and it came to him rather hesitantly. Bahamut seemed to say something, but Zavier didn’t care. He wanted to show Kurai how powerful he had become, how much he was to be respected. He wanted Kurai’s respect so badly…if it took destroying him, then he would do so as well. The air around Zavier began to glow blue as the water aura surrounded him. Blue bolts of lighting hit the ground, each seeming to appear out of nowhere. The four bolts surrounded him, and water began to form from them. The water began to swirl around Zavier, and Zavier could feel the movement of the air as the water rushed around him. Soon it began to gather in a tornado, surrounding every portion of his body. Zavier could feel the water beginning to surround his body, and he closed his eyes. He felt his cape turning blue; he felt his eyes going deep sea blue. He could feel the power surrounding him, the power infusing every molecule of his existence. Who cared if he only existed in this world; if he could achieve such euphoria here, it was worth it.

Inside of Zavier

Bahamut watched as the Water Dragon accessed its power and transformed it to Zavier. The Wood Dragon seemed to burst into a fury, bashing its body against the wall. It seemed to be driven by something, something unseen. “If it’s not seen…then maybe its hearing something…” Bahamut moved closer to the Wood Dragon’s cage and listened. At first he could hear nothing, but soon, he could barely make out whispers echoing around. The voice seemed to be increasing in drive and energy, and as it increased so did the frenzy of the Wood Dragon. “Kurai! I have to let Zavier know!” Bahamut thought. Suddenly, as he turned around, green vines began to wrap themselves around him. Bahamut struggled against them and turned towards the Wood Dragon’s cage. “Oh no…” he thought.

The cage was splitting.

In a matter of moments, the cage had been cracked severely. The Wood Dragon screamed a final time as it used its entire essence to dispel the cage. Pieces flew everywhere and soon were tuned into nothing but Data. The green dragon looked at Bahamut and spoke. “Soon, the power will be mine!” It wrapped vines around all of the dragons, suspending them before they had a moment to react; all, that is, except the water dragon.

The Wood Dragon went to the Water Dragon and attached itself. Suddenly, the Water Dragon began to turn sea pale, as if it were sickening. Soon, it was completely green, and both Dragons sent their energies to Zavier…

Back in the Battle Field

The water swirling around Zavier suddenly began to change. Hexadecimal and other symbols began to surround him, and his aura began to change. Zavier’s eyes opened as he realized something was wrong, but he seemed paralyzed in place. “How?” he wondered as he felt what was happening. Zavier’s eyes turned completely green; not brown as they had in the past, but deep green all over. His armor became the same color, a deep forest green, and so did his cape. The power was overwhelming!! He had not felt such power…every before, and it was invigorating. He began to laugh as a tornado of raw Wood Energy began to spiral around him. Just when he reached his maximum, he braced himself…

But the energy kept climbing.

Zavier’s body began to pulsate with the energy, excess energy pouring into every ounce of his body. He felt his strength increasing much further in the Dragon’s than he had ever before. He could feel the other dragons beginning to donate power, but he could not feel Bahamut. Not that it mattered; his Wood power was increasing drastically, and he wanted more. The area around Zavier began to turn green, and he dropped his Jinsaran on the ground, the weapon itself becoming green. He could feel the core of the World began to shape as glyphs and numbers and symbols began to spill out, spiraling around his body. Lighting shot from his body and back again, an endless dance of energy that he seemed unable to stop.

After a few more minutes the tornado of power died down, and Zavier slowly lowered himself with his wings. He had 4 of them now, 2 wings not enough to give him the speed he had acquired with his new power. He opened his hand and his Treeblade came to him. The hilt of the sword was completely brown, and felt almost like wood from an oak tree. The blade was made of a green metal that seemed to give on its own aura. Zavier closed his eyes, exhaled.

When he opened them again, he was the Wood Warrior.

He began to laugh manically as he flew into the air. He could see the others looking at him, but he didn’t care…they had never done anything for him anyway. He had always tried to help them, but they ignored him. Kurai was the only person that every showed him any amount of respect for his power.

Then come to me.

W flew towards Kurai, the speed of his movement even surprising him. He made it to Kurai and then kneeled before him. “Master…what would you of me?”

You know what I would have you do

“It would be my pleasure,” Wood Warrior said as he turned towards Gingitsune’s group. “You all are a nuisance to my Lord Kurai. I will destroy all of you…my power has grown much more than you could have ever imagined. And in this form, I shall achieve ultimate victory.” WW seemed to power up, and the aura of his power flashed around his body and through his Treeblade. He scanned Gingitsune’s group…his eyes finally coming to Nighthand.

That’s true. He had attacked us. He meant to hurt us, he always had. We must stop him, so that he never can do that again. This Treeblade will make it all better.

Zavier suddenly saw all that Nighthand had done to him in the dungeon, blasting him with energy and knocking him unconscious at one point. He was filled with rage, and he jumped into the air. He beat his four wings in Unison, giving him the ability to stay in one spot. “Nighthand…I will prevent you from ever insulting my honor ever again!” He thought as he dashed at him. The others moved out of the way, and he laughed. He didn’t care about them anymore. He moved his tree weaver before him, an x reaching from his right hand to his left shoulder. He would strike Kurai hard.

Energy began to pour around him as he saw his prey, Nighthand.

This would be the day that all of their hope failed them…

(OOC: You ready Nighthand? Hehe…this shall be amazingly fun. Just so that everyone knows, I’m dashing through the air towards Nighthand, and I am only fighting him. Wood Warrior (WW for short) doesn’t want to fight any of you right now, just Nighthand. And, to make it better, I am level 38 through the power up…the same as Nighthand.)
Level:33
SP: 170
Skills:Rue Crack/Rue Revolver/Ap Ganz/ Rip Synk
Equipment: Heavenly Sword/ Grand Armor/ Forester Helm/ Rusted Hands/ Flare Guard/Thunder Cloak
Items:1 Sprite Ocarnia/3 Healing Drinks/Komura/Head Gear/5 Ressurect/2 Knight's Bane/1 Vak Rom/1 Rue Rom
Dragons: Wood, Bronze, Iron, Water

http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/DIVER ... c=6055&hl=

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:18 am

(OOC: of course i'm ready, Z. this shall be a blast.)

Nighthand looked a Kurai.

The Master of Wood looked much like Nighthand had remembered him. There was only one slight difference. His armor, before a polished silver, was now made of wood.

And the Treeweaver was nowhere to be seen.

Could that be where the Treeweaver is? In his armor?

Zavier, to his side, grew more and more tense. His arms quaked, and he looked to be swimming in and out of consciousness. Nighthand knew, inside him, that something was going wrong. Terribly wrong.

Mentally, he shouted. He called, with all his power, all his life, for those that helped him before, and those that would. He called. He was answered.

He could feel the presences in his mind, moving, pulsing, all silent. They didn’t understand how they had been summoned, just that they had.

Finally, the girl from the soul shrine so long ago spoke.

-Nighthand. You have called us to yourself. You have finally unlocked that aspect of your power. Nighthand… It is finally time to tell you my true name.-

Your name?

-My name. My name… Is Arra.-

Arra…

-Your powers have called more of us than you know, more than we can talk at once. I must put you into a dream state to let you confer with us all.-

Do as you must. Something is wrong, and I need your help.

Suddenly, blackness washed over him. He seemed to be moved, in spirit if not in body. Suddenly, he was back in the soul shrine, in the plaza where he had seen the statues of the legendary players. Where he had first learned one aspect of the origins of the world.

There were twelve statues in a ring around the plaza. Twelve statues, one for each of the legends. Gott, the male heavy blade. Zeit, the male blademaster. Maken, the male long arm. Sero, the male twin blade. Core, the male heavy axe. Kiltran, the male wavemaster, and the only one he had met in spirit. Kara, the female long arm. Kish, the female heave axe. Nera, the female twin blade. Arla, the female wavemaster. Iyal, the the female heavy blade. Litea, the female blademaster.

One by one, the statues began to gain color. Kiltran’s was first to finish, and it stepped off the pedestal and became real. Or as real as a spirit can be. One by one, they all stepped down. Soon they were joined by the little girl, Arra, and the SDRP, in its vorpal hole form. They had gathered, at his summons. Now, it was time to talk.

“I fear something is wrong with Zavier.” Nighthand simply stated, as they all settled into a loose circle.

“There is. Kurai.”

“I know that. But what is going to happen?”

“Let us watch.” It seemed Kiltran was still the spokesman for the group, for the others had not talked yet.

Arra gestured, and the stone plaza in the center of the circle swirled and became a pool of water, and a picture formed, of the lair of Kurai. Nighthadn could see himself standing, still looking alert as if he was still there. Zavier transformed into his water dragon form… then went beyond. He continued to change, until he was the Wood Dragon Warrior once again. Clearly not by his own volition. He scanned the crowd… his eyes resting on Nighthand himself. Nighthand knew, then, that he was in trouble.

“Nighthand,” Kiltran said. “Zavier has powered up to your level, and is turned. The dragon controls his mind now, and it is turned against you. You are in grave danger.”

“What can I do?” his voice was calm, his mind prepared, despite his weariness and his fear.

“Fight.”

“In this condition, I’m bound to lose. I’m too tired.”

“You have unlocked your powers. We can now tap into them, make you stronger. Were you fully healed now, we’d be able to power you up beyond normal limits, but now… The best we can do is heal your mind and body, and speed you up somewhat. Much like your heightened state against Seraphim the hacker.”

“Good. Do it.”

“Also… The power that will be unleashed in your duel will be too much for that field to handle. With it’s already high amount of hacking too much power would send it over the edge and delete it.”

“What can we do about it then?”

“We can transport you two to another realm. It will be much like Kurai’s realm, in that his influence will still reach Zavier. We cannot pull him further, for fear that he would die. But we can remove the pair of you from the area enough that you can fight fully without worry.”

“Thank you, do that.”

Abruptly, all the statues returned to their places, and the spirits emerged. Each was a symbol, a portion of their master the Seraph. They turned into colors, and converged on Nighthand. Around him they swirled, lines of energy. Then, they formed a shell around him. A form of pure white light appeared, the Seraph itself. It shrank, and merged with Nighthand. The six wings, two mechanical, two angelic, and two demonic, grew from his back. His sword felt lighter, his mind clearer, his strength returning. Time seemed to slow slightly, as his enhanced senses kicked in.

Nighthand calmed his racing heart, and stilled the powers raging around him. The energy of the Seraph filled him, and he took it all in. Then, he hid it away. The light surrounding him stilled, and disappeared.

Shard chose this moment to speak.

“Master, this power… We can work with it. Fear not, we are here to back you up.”

“Thank you, Shard. I will need it.”

Nighthand opened his eyes, and was suddenly back in the white room. Zavier was rushing at him, prepared for an attack. He knew Nighthand was weak, and was taking advantage of the moment.

Nighthand spoke, more to re-assure his companions that anything else.

“Gingitsune! In a moment, Zavier and I will disappear! Don’t worry though, I will try to bring him back alive.”

By this time, The WDW had almost made it to him. Then the SDRP appeared.

It could only be seen by Nighthand, so no one else was able to know what was about to happen. Then…

Nighthand leapt. Zavier was surprised, and slowed. Nighthand took the opportunity to land, latching onto Zavier’s back. Then the SDRP kicked in, enveloping them both.

To the others looking on, something strange happened. Space in the blank room seemed to warp, and fold over itself. Then Nighthand and the Wood Dragon Warrior were gone.

(OOC: How's that? hmm?)

Kurai
Long Arm

Post by Kurai » Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:38 am

(ooc: well, crap. I thought i posted earlier, to find this window open at the bottom of my screen. Well, i guess just consider this post before Zavier and Nighthand's.)

Kurai looked from Phoenix's response, to Gingitsune, as she spoke to him. Her words seemed well. Unfortunately, they never found Kurai's heart.

"I still dont understand. You've come here, probably from hearing the rumors of my execution of an admin." Kurai stepped forward, looking right into Gingitsune's eyes. "Ask me how i am supposd to act towards a player intent on deleting my character, because of my hacked persona. Was I supposed to kneel down, lower my head, and wait for execution?"

Kurai waited for an answer, but received none.

"We are a cursed people. We are forced to remain in this world, and it seems like we are the only ones attempting to find our escape. With this curse, its definate that we are also gifted, as well. We are given much more freedom than any normal player, and almost all of us have found a trick or two up our sleeves. So I ask you, should we not use the gifts that have been given to us to further our journey back to where we belong?"

------------------------

Zavier began to change. It seemed they were becoming restless, and Zavier wanted to prove himself. He wanted to show his power, by taking on Kurai. Instead, Zavier began to transform into something much unexpected. Kurai's eyes penetrated the flesh of the Warrior, and could see the power withing at an unrest. As his first power was being unleashed, a second fought to take over. Kurai could tell the element overtaking Zavier was the one he knew so well.

Zavier's transformation completed, and The warrior flew to his feet, kneeling before him. "Master...What would you want of me?"

Before Kurai could answer, The Wood Warrior stood backup, on his own accord. Kurai could tell the wood dragon inside of Zavier was controlling him completely, and probably altering his perception of reality. Zavier flew off, apparently targetting Nighthand. Before anyone could do anything about it, Nighthand did what he could to control the situation, and pulled Zavier in with himself into a portal of some sort.

Kurai felt as if Zavier and Nighthand were still around, just as if they could not been seen.
-/Treeweaver//Hunting Guard//Spirit Hauberk//Cave bear Hood//Time Sandals/-
-/Juk Doom//RaJuk Rom//MeJuk Kruz//RaJuk Zot//Dek Juka//Phal Repth//Rip Synk//Ap Do/-

Argilus
Twin Blader

Post by Argilus » Sun Mar 14, 2004 5:22 pm

The door had shut right in front of him. The blinding white like from the cracks of the door faded slowly as the code would shift the area from behind the door. Argilus was still facing the door, now alone with dozens and dozens of imps growling and taunting at him. He just glanced Kurai figure and anger was swelling around him. Argilus left fist was tightly gripping the single Crimson Raid, and pulled it up near his chest. He turned as the Imps had been slowly making their way towards Argilus.

Argilus looked up and couldn't point out the exploder ones from the real ones. There were eight real ones calculated left over. The rest...would have to be eliminated, if he wanted to get through that door. Was that all? To stop him from gutting Kurai, if that was it Argilus was ready. He slowly bend down reading himself. Either way, he was to attack straight ahead. A few imps were summoning flame attacks, Argilus quickly bolt into his offensive strike. He swiped at the first two imps that were just feet in front of him. One bounced back and knocked into the other, their bodies began to flash a transparent white. Argilus locked his feet on the dungeon ground and leaped into the air. His aim was to strike then dodge, but was he fast enough. The three imps exploded and Arg could feel the heat off the fire that had emitted. The heat wave even lifted him a bit higher too. He flipped backwards and landed just on the out skirts of the imp circle, skidding back he locked his foot to a stop and again he bolted forwards.

One Imp that had been watching closely had ran ahead and attack at him, like it was greater in strength. Argilus passed him by with just speed it wasn't even noticable that Arg had slashed through it's torso. This time it felt then faded, it was a one of the real imps.

Now the swarm was crowding forward to gut him. Argilus smirk and raised his Blade in front of him taunting them to move closer. They did faster than just moments ago. Argilus twisted his body in a whirl wind like motion and dicing through six more Imps, he stopped his tunneling and planted his foot for another evasive retreat. This time he took to long and the Imps again lit up and exploded right as he lifted off the ground. He was thrown left to right this time and feel back, his eyes welded shut from the sudden tumble. He landed on his back rolling several feet, dropping his blade next to him.

"Damnit, this isn't working." he thought. He only had so many options that would have him take damage in the process. Argilus was a close combat fighter, he never kept scrolls that were in distant attacks. That's just the way his character was. Taking in several breaths he picked his blade up and began running ahead once again.

"FLAME DANCE!" he summoned, as his body aura'd with flames and he speed sped up with a small use of AP Do.

He Swiftly slashed through the crowds of Imps fire spurting from within the area and Argilus falling from all the counters. He rolled several times then smacking against the wall near the door way. The crowds ran forward and Arg cringing in pain watched as the few that were ahead exploded. Argilus body pelted against the wall that he was already leaning against. Hanging in mid wall and air as the flames blew. He fell again as they died.

Slowly getting up and realizing his clothes were tatter and torn, almost worse than when he found the group in town. His eyes searched and only twenty remained. Less than half, and Arg was below half in life. Blood was starting to pool around his feet. He didn't want to die here just yet...no matter what his blades would strike at Kurai.

Looking away he almost hated that he had to do this. He pulled a scroll and summoned Raging earth. He had five stashed for trade. The ground in front of him lifted and crumble the Imps in front of him. A few fell and the more of them exploded. Argilus dashed the the side, trying to gain distance.
I'll be there by your side
in the land of twilight
in your dream I will go
till we find the sunrise

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:41 pm

Phoenix was caught in suprise of Zavier's sudden transformation. It seem that he wanted to be become the Water Dragon but the Wood Dragon had other plans for Zavier. He knew that the Wood Dragon was acting strange but never realize that it would take over Zavier's mind. It seems that Kurai was even suprised by Zavier's transformation. It must be that aura we sensed earlier when entered the dungeon. We must be close to the source of the aura. But why attack Nighthand though?

"Because, the dark parts of Zavier's mind have come out and I presume that Nighthand gave him the greatest pain." Suzaku said out of the blue. Phoenix had not known Nighthand very long and his powers were a mystery to him. I wonder if Nighthand knows his own powers since he was able to teleport him and Zavier somewhere else. For now, my main worry is Kurai. Phoenix was now pondering Kurai's question now amd came up with an answer.

"I may not have a gift like you or Gingitsune do but I am trapped in the World like all of us here. There must been a reason why we can't leave the World like the normal players but it shouldn't mean that your gifts should be used to hurt the people of the World just so you can get out. I rather be trapped and not use anyone for my own personal gain."

Phoenix took ahold of his necklace and rip it from his body. He flew it up in the air and suddenly transformed into a bird. With a grin, he continued to speak, "I will fight you with my guardian and allies." He looked back to Gingi and said, "I don't think that we can change Kurai back unless something drastic happens. I'm sorry." Phoenix prepared himself for the fight but one thought entered his mind. Argilus said that Kurai had a guardian also but I don't see it like the Treeweaver. I should be expecting the unexpected.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Kurai
Long Arm

Post by Kurai » Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:54 am

Kurai stood calmly, as Phoenix prepared to attack. "This is not a good choice, Blademaster. If you really wish to end your life, try me."

Phoenix charged forward, his Singing Blade held back, ready to strike. Suzaku lifted off Phoenix's shoulder, and flew up about ten feet in the air. As Suzaku got within a few feet of Kurai, he swung his blade around, going for a swipe in Kurai's midsection. The LongArm lifted his arm almost carelessly, and a loud clang and a bright flash of light ceom from where Phoenix's blade connected. Kurai's armor had reverted back to its real form - the Treeweaver. Phoenix quickly glanced down at the weapon. It's rose-tinited blade was stuck into the ground, and the hazy whiteness was quickly fading away.

The ground where the blade had struck had already began to change. The ground below became a carpet of bamboo leaves, and it spread more and more rapidly by the second. Every now and then, a bunch of bamboo would sprout up, and grow hundreds of feet into the air. This covered as far as the eye can see. The group found themselved in a small grove of a Bamboo forest, and they couldnt see Kurai and Phoenix anymore.

"Im not to be taken so easily, Blademaster." Kurai looked on at Phoenix.
The Blademaster glared back, and spoke through gritted teeth. "Don't underestimate me."
-/Juk Doom//RaJuk Rom//MeJuk Kruz//RaJuk Zot//Dek Juka//Phal Repth//Rip Synk//Ap Do/-

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:40 pm

Sighing in resignation, hijinx grabs hold of a rising bamboo chute. As she is pulled into the air, she scratches her head and yawns, hoping pheonix would resist his impulsiveness for a while, he was obviously not about to do so, and the thought of having to use a resurrect on someone that would probably get themselves hurt fighting like pheonix just seemed so bothersome. Giving her ear a quick tug, she hollered down from the heights of the bamboo shaft.

"Gingi, would you put a leash on pheonix before he goes and hurts himself?"

It would have been just as easy to flash mail, but the look on the blademasters face was just too priceless to pass up. The plant, growing to it's fullest girth and height, was perfect for hijinx to hop on. Jumping along like only she would, the rabbitine player quickly grew bored of the lack of scenery and leapt forward. Grasping a rod of the plant in her hand, she plummeted downward, the bamboo pole bending with her descent until she came to a slow stop and gingerly placed a toe on the ground before releasing the plant. Snapping up like a whip, it whistled as it went back up and snapped down , breaking in half and putting up a wave of sliced vine.

"Well that certainly wasn't as eventful as I imagined it would be. I wonder if I'm still good with a pole arm......"

Elsewhere........ Appearing in the air as if it were a computer of immense propotions, words began flashing in a bright red tint. Scientist rushing about screamed curses as the words disappeared and were replaced by laughing frogs. Gritting his teeth one man barked out orders to the frantic people who quickly regained their composure, although still very stressed, and looked at the lady sitting to his right and asked "Is it helba?". Frowning darkly, the girl hit a few keys and slapped the table her monitor rested on. Taking off her glasses, she quickly stands and walks towards a steel door and replies "Worse, it's her.". Biting his lip in frustration, the man grew pale and looked at the monitor. "What can we do to stop her?" he asks. Opening the triple adamantite deadbolts, the women stops in the doorway and turns slightly. "Absolutely nothing......."

Flashing on the screen that encompased the ceiling was the phrase again, and it simply stated "Combat effeciency increased to 10%"

Back at the battlefield........

Without hesitation, the twinblade slices a pole of bamboo at the base. Allowing it to fall, she holds the base of her improvised long arm and slides her knife back into the sheath at her waste. With a deft twist, both of her hands are on the weapon as she spins the 100 foot bamboo pole with deadly speed, making a horrific shreek as it ripped through the foilage around her as it twirled above her head.

"Come one kurai! I was a pole arm initially! Lets have a go at this if you really want to fight!"
Last edited by Hijinx on Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:55 pm

OOC: Hijinx, I'm a man not a woman. Notice the many "hes" in my posts.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:35 pm

Gingitsune sighed. So much for camaraderie. Again one of her teammates charged forward recklessly to fight Kurai. Somehow, she though that fighting was not the way to solve this, since it had not worked either of the times that it had been tried before. The expression on Gingitsne's face became fixed, annoyed, her lips tightened and her eyes narrowed. Something drastic... Phoenix had just said that something drastic must happen if Kurai was to be changed, but how drastic was a simple duel? One that, perhaps, none of them could win.

As the bamboo shot up around her Gingitsune gripped Cybelle, she could no longer see the two duelists, but, closing her eyes, she could hear them through the empty hollowness of the bamboo grove. If worst came to worst Gingitsune could protect either Kurai or Phoenix, she knew this, Cybelle's force fields were impenetrable, but it would take a good amount of judgement to know when and who... Were there any right answers anymore? Cybelle was glowing purple, a colour unknown to Gingitsune. Jocasta's usually languid eyes widened at the sight of it, and her fur bristled. Gingitsune felt as if a storm were coming, soon- striking suddenly. It was the calm before the storm, and it sent shivers down her spine.

Will you fight Kurai... if Phoenix fails?
The question flashed through her mind, clearly.
"No... fighting won't solve this."
Then what will you do?
"I don't know."
You wanted to be leader Gingitsune, you must do something.
"This isn't one of those- 'if you don't do something, then who will?' kind of things is it?"
Isn't everything?
"It seems strange to be having an argument with myself..."
Oh, don't be confused, I am not you...
"Who are you?"
Cybelle.

Gingitsune gazed at her wand with sudden fear in her eyes, the weapon surprised her time and time again, but now it was going too far.
A large crash sounded in the bamboo grove. Gingitsune shook herself to regain her senses and suddenly started to push forward through the shoots, batting what she could away from her and decimating the rest with Cybelle. She had to get to the center, she had to find out what was happening... A broken, jagged piece of bamboo flew forward, cutting her across the thigh. A well of blood bubbled over, streaming down her leg from the wound. Gingitsune cursed and kept going forward.

Good... the voice said, much better... take the incentive and I will show you true power...

The ominous note of the voice made Gingitsune long to throw the wand down, but she was bound to it... Why did it choose now to speak to her?

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:11 am

OOC: Sorry pheonix! It's just that your picture confused me. :roll:I expect you to make good use of this too kurai.
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:25 am

Maybe it wasn't the best decision to attack Kurai head on without the proper backup but at least something new about the Treeweaver. This was Phoenix's first thought after Kurai had isolated him from the rest of the group. Even his faithful guardian was trapped behind the bamboo forest that Kurai created. He knew that he may have to use every skill in his arensal of weapons and armor to even have a chance against the powerful Kurai. He was afraid but it was natural that he should be. Only a fool would have no fear at a time like this. Phoenix could die in this duel but he was determined to either kill Kurai or at least injured him for the others could finish the job. He was about to attack his opponent when suddenly, he heard the sound of bamboo falling down behind him.

He looked behind him and saw Hijinx, the female rabbit, with one of the 100 foot bamboo poles in her hands. At first, he thought how did Hijinx get this power to use a 100 foot bamboo pole but realized that she cannot interfere with the private duel. Then he heard Hijinx speak, "Come on Kurai! I was a pole arm initially! Lets have a go at this if you really want to fight!" Phoenix turned around and looked at Hijinx. He said the following words with anger, "Silly rabbit, did you think that Kurai could have isolated me for a reason? Even Kurai has some sense of honor to face me one on one. I may have a death wish but I don't want to see anyone else to get hurt. At least this way, I will be the only one risking my life on the line. Now, it's time to fight Kurai."

Phoenix turned his back on Hijinx and turn his attention back to Kurai. Suzaku, burn the bamboo around Hijinx. I know that you're nearby. I'm sorry to be a burden on you but this fight, I must do it alone. One more thing if I don't make it, tell Gingi and the others that I'm sorry for acting so rash lately. I cannot see anyone else get hurt because of me. Phoenix send this thought to his guardian. Suzaku was just a few feet behind Hijinx and proceed to use Vak Kruz on the bamboo around Hijinx. The fire spread around to the other bamboo creating massive amounts of smoke which created an effective distraction for the others so they cannot find Phoenix and Kurai easily. Phoenix began to ran towards Kurai with his sword in front of him. This fight could change the lives of Phoenix and Kurai but will it be for the better?
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster

Kurai
Long Arm

Post by Kurai » Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:17 am

Kurai awaited Phoenix's attack, his stance perfectly calm. Phoenix barreled down on the Long Arm, swinging his Singing Blade at Kurai. The Treeweaver moved up and parried the attack, riposting with a sweep at the feet. Phoenix stumbled back, one foot beingcaught by Kurai's attack. Kurai used this to his advantage, and Thrusted forward with the butt of his spear, ramming it hard into Phoenix's chest. The Blademaster fell backward, but quickly got to his feet, seeming a little more angry than before.

Kurai hopped forward, swinging his spear high, and coming across at Phoenix's midsection in a double Z formation. Phoenix managed to dodge the attack by stepping backwards, and using that momentum to spring back at Kurai, narrowly missing the Treeweaver, and attempting to dig his blade deep into Kurai's shoulder. Kurai easily dodged, and quickly changed the fight up a bit.

Finding himself in close range, Kurai let his hands free of the Treeweaver The weapon began to glow, and it transformed, becoming armor adorning Kurai's left shoulder and wrists. Kurai quickly swung his right hand toward Phoenix, and connected the heel of his palm right into his nose. Phoenix relled backward in pain, and Kurai dashed back into close range, burrowing his fist right blow the Blademaster's ribs. Kurai leapt back, as a bunch of flaming bamboo fell from overhead. It landed between them, and created a barrier of smoke, making them both strain to catch a glimpse of each other through the smoke, each awaiting each other's attack.