Enter the World through the Theta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Did we win? Blessed Normal Resurrection

Post by Nighthand » Sun Dec 26, 2004 4:49 am

Nighthand’s eyes fluttered slightly. He gasped, instant recall of the fiery death he’d just been part of. His skin tingled, feeling oddly chilled. Then his thoughts came.

I’m dead!

No I’m not.

How?

Where am I?

Feel’s cold. Is this an afterlife?

No… Too REAL. Or something. Maybe I should open my eyes.

It was, after all, a rather brilliant idea. The eye opening, that is. Not the afterlife. After all, they didn’t even know if they would die if they, well, died.

And, of course, it wasn’t any sort of afterlife, unless you figure on the definition of “afterlife” being somewhat different that the conventional sort, in which case any sort of life after a period already filled with life would, indeed, be an afterlife.

Nighthand of course didn’t use this obscure definition, nor did anyone else, so it followed to them that this must indeed be life.

HOW it was life, that was unknown.

Nighthand sat up, looked around. It appeared they were back at the hideout. And, since each hideout has a slight difference to it, they seemed to be still in Theta.

Everyone else was waking up at about the same time, to varying degrees of consciousness and in various states of aftershock. There was, of course, the traditional cries of shock and relief, as well as the few flurries of movement that, eventually, resolved themselves into actual people.

Ryok, Hacorie, Reinier, Lighteria, Asgard, Gingitsune, Phoenix, Hijinx, Nall…

Wait a moment, where’s Nall?

And indeed the blademaster was nowhere to be seen.

It was at about this time that Nighthand noticed a piece of paper tacked on the wall. He of course wasn’t the first to reach it, by virtue of not having tried. It was in fact Phoenix who reached it first, tearing it from its pin and reading it over. He read it again with something like a cross between a sigh of resignation and a flicker of annoyed anger, then silently handed it to Gingitsune. She read it aloud.

“We have taken Nall to help him recover. He was badly strained from his overuse of his powers. He will be returning in a day or so. In the mean time, you all should rest, recover, and above all stay low. The hackers believe you are deleted, for now it would be best to keep it that way.”

The note was, of course, unsigned.

In the following silence, there was much looking, a lot of shrugging, and a few questioning glances. Nighthand broke the silence.

“I have an idea. Since the hackers know we have these hideouts-“

“They know about these?” someone asked.

“Yeah, Garaa sent a minion here to invite us to his tournament, LAST time Nall died. So, these places aren’t as safe as one might hope… I propose we go adventuring.”

Nighthand had attempted to break the silence, but it seemed much more resilient than he had hoped. It came back at this point, with a vengeance.

It was after a few more seconds that Nighthand again tried to break the unwilling lack of sound.

“I, for one, am going to go.” He stood. “Is anyone going to go with me?”

(Alright, start of the new quest… It’s optional, I guess… You don’t have to come, but there’s not much to do if you don’t. Those of you who dropped out or were coming in at this time, just spot one of us and join up, get the story, all that.)
Last edited by Nighthand on Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Sun Dec 26, 2004 5:36 am

Hijinx sat up with a groan and a smile, stretching her legs and cracking her knuckles as cheerfully as she could manage. Nall was out recuperating for the time being and pheonix was acting like he was angry for some odd reason. Shrugging off her weariness, the rabbit rolled backwards to a stand. She could feel an odd sensation ticking away in her brain, but she couldn't figure out what is was, and honestly didn't care any which way. Gingitsune read the letter to the group with her usual grace as pheonix continued to act grumpy. Nighthand opted to initiate a quest at this critical junction for some reason though. The twinblade frowned a little, but remained outwardly happy nonetheless. She was even feeling chipper enough to spin around a few times and launch tomatoes all over the room. They landed on the walls mostly, but some of the other players had also managed to catch a vegetable in the face and torso.

With an ecstatic shout and a thundering rush of air, she had left the building, making a path of chaos and toppled players as she barreled to the gate. It was then it hit her for the second time.

A flash-back struck her like a world crashing into her imagination. She remembered a fireball, and a hacker woman, the name of which seemed irrelevent at the moment. She also recalled something else... then it hit her a again. A hammering blow to her consciousness made her grab head head and duck behind a nearby building, her mind felt like it was being wrenched in thousands of directions at once. She whimpered a little as the pain began to subside and her vision cleared. The tree-weaver was there, and there was an explosion and some flames, and there was something weird about her eyes. Hijinx cringed as she recalled seeing from every angle at once, falling on her rear end and shaking her head furiously. As quickly as it came it had passed though, leaving her with a confused grin. That was the most exciting thing she had experienced yet, even if it was probably unhealthy. Wondering what it was she ducked back out, thankful nobody important had seen that. She resumed her position by the gate, kicking at small pebbles and humming little sonnets to herself with the say bright smile.

OOC: I'm in! :woo:
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."

Reinier
Awakened Player

Post by Reinier » Sun Dec 26, 2004 10:02 pm

Reinier collapsed, the force of the monster’s attacks too powerful. He breathed heavily, kneeling down, his right hand sword impaling the earth with his arm dangling on the handle, and with his left handed sword lying in front of him. He breathed in and out, looking around at the battle wrought group. Gingi lay on the floor, completely drained from the shield plan. “… I knew that plan would get us killed…” Reinier muttered.

Taimudan glowed a brilliant crimson, and cast three spells in rapid succession. “No…” Reinier muttered. He hoped that maybe, somehow, someone would live and defeat this thing, but he knew this wouldn’t happen. He through his body down on Gingi to try and save her, but the first magic attack completely incinerated his body, leaving not a corpse behind, but ashes. It began to grow dark… so… very dark…

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

“Garrett… hey… Garrett… GARRETT! WAKE UP!” Someone screamed.

Garrett bolted up out of his bed, screaming in pain. He breathed spastically, and looked around. He lay in his nice, small, comfortable bed, in his nice small comfortable room. He looked to see Andrea looming over his body, smiling. Very odd indeed for his sister. “Common, we’re going out,” she said.

“What… what happened?” He asked, confused. He was alive, he wasn’t even playing the game anymore. Nall… the Blademaster… how could his deepest and wildest dreams think up of such an odd person? That was too real to be a dream… but… it seemed to be true. Garrett seemed to be fully dressed and wearing shoes… oddly enough, he wore what Reinier normally wore… and his Green Sword stood in the corner. His sister seemed more clothed then her normal character, wearing a red tube shirt that cut off at the belly button, and a black leather jacket with some jeans. Oddly enough, a sword hung around her waist.

Garrett scratched his head, wondering what was going on. This didn’t seem very… real… was this a dream from his character in The World? No, that’s stupid. People can’t go in to comas, especially from a simple game like The World. “Nothing’s going on silly, common, let’s go. We’re going on an adventure,” Andrea said giggling. Another oddity with his sister. He never, ever, heard her giggle, just a plain laugh and the occasional snort.

Garrett followed her out of the house, and in to a massive field like place outside of the house. “Stay close. I heard the monsters are bad today,” she said, suddenly serious. This felt so… odd… What was this? Garrett clutched the Green Sword, and looked around at the field. A massive green field covered with flowers and trees. Hills sprouted in the distance, and that was the direction his sister began to walk. Garrett looked back at his house, and something odd struck him about it.

“I don’t remember there being a dragon living on our roof…” Garrett muttered. His eyes widened as he leaped back because the dragon dived down from the roof at Garrett. He gulped and backed up in to his sister. “Uhhh… sis?” He asked, clutching his sword in one hand. The creature gave out a roar, and began to come closer. It seemed shorter then Garrett, about four foot, but it could still probably kick his ass. He stretched out his wings, which seemed to add on to his massive size. “Shit…” Garrett muttered.

The dragon’s snout stretched out, with its’ upper fangs protruding downwards a bit, and two horns spearing out of the back of its’ head. The massive crimson dragon stretched forwards about six foot, and it appeared the dragon would be semi-fun to ride around on. Its’ tail curved down on the ground, on its’ leg, and pointed forwards towards Garrett. The dragon began to stomp towards Garrett, roaring and screaming. Garrett looked around, and saw his sister was no where to be seen.

“What the hell!?! Of all the times…” Garrett said out loud, backing up away from the dragon. The dragon leaped forward as a white rune shone brightly over it. Completing a massive front-flip, it brought its’ massive tail down upon Garrett. He through his Green sword up in the air, trying to deflect the glow.

You call that a block? Wuss. That tree over there’s stronger then you. That house could put up a better fight, go die.

Garrett’s sword shattered, and the tail pounded down in to his skull, then pushed him forward in to the ground. The dragon hovered above the ground and flew back a bit. Garrett hobbled up to his feet, feeling a massive headache beginning to form. Something odd happened… his necklace glowed. Deja voo.

The necklace tore off his neck, and down in to the sword handle. Once again, the dual swords of light shot up from the destroyed Green Sword handle. He held both swords and looked at the dragon, who came back down to the earth. It just stayed there, looking at Garrett. He breathed heavily, clutching his two swords, wondering what the hell was going on. The dragon sighed, and looked at Garrett.

Look, you honestly think all of this is real? God, you really are a retard. You should listen to that psycho sword that hangs around your waist more often. You’ll probably wake up very soon, your friends are now waking up, and you should too,” the dragon said. Normally, this could be considered odd… but seeing as how this was a dream in a video game because he was now comatose, Garrett seemed to be more open minded to things.

“Who… are you… exactly?” Garrett asked, semi-frightened.

Tiamat. I will guard you to make sure you don’t do anything stupid. Honestly, I wish I was charged with someone else by that fox, but looks like I’m stuck with you. Better be grateful or I’ll eat you.

The dragon walked forward, and breathed out an orb which shot itself in to Garrett’s chest. He dropped his swords, and clutched his chest, falling to his knees. He pounded his head in to the ground, screaming in pain. The pain quickly subsided, but Garrett felt drained. He slowly came up to his feet, and looked around. Nothing. Andrea, “Tiamat,” everybody had disappeared. He turned his head to the right to crack his neck, but something caught his eye.

Two mini-dragon wings had plastered their way on Garrett’s back. He imagined them moving, and to his surprise, they moved a bit. The spine of the dragon wings seemed to be one long bony finger, with a horn like thing protruding from the joint of the wing. He fluttered his wings a bit, pretty amused.

God, you’re a dumbass. Yes, they’re wings, never seen them before? God…

He is a dumbass, isn’t he? He never listens to me… he didn’t try and kill Nall, nor did he make sure the wall died. What a jerk.

Shut up, both of you. Why’d you hit me earlier anyway Tiamat?

I needed to relieve some stress. But when it seemed you were gonna try and hit me, I really didn’t want to have to eat you, so I stopped.

Man, you changed… what happened to the cold hearted dragon that was gonna eat this wuss?

Garrett sighed, as the world he stood in began to warp and change. He wondered how the dragon got in his dreams, but didn’t really care. He had gained a new companion, and hopefully this dragon would be of great help to him. Or kill him, one or the other, hopefully not the latter.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Reinier’s eyes slowly opened, with a tingling sensation all about his body. “Ow…” Reinier muttered, sitting up grasping his head. “God… I feel like I got hit by a bus…” He looked around to see some people starting to move, and Phoenix already up and about, reading a note. He seemed rather pissed off about something, but what, he didn’t know. Phoenix handed the note to Gingi, who seemed fine after being through such a hell. She began to read the note out loud, in an oddly cheery tone of voice.

“We have taken Nall to help him recover. He was badly strained from his overuse of his powers. He will be returning in a day or so. In the mean time, you all should rest, recover, and above all stay low. The hackers believe you are deleted, for now it would be best to keep it that way.”

Silence struck the room. Very odd, but it was kind of unnatural to get roasted like a turkey then find yourselves to be fine. “I have an idea. Since the hackers know we have these hideouts-” Nighthand began.

“They know about these?” Someone close to Reinier said.

Yeah, Garaa sent a minion here to invite us to his tournament, LAST time Nall died. So, these places aren’t as safe as one might hope… I propose we go adventuring,” Nighthand finished. Reinier scratched his head, not knowing what to do. One minute he happily played the game for fun, now he had to play to survive. “I, for one, am going to go,” Nighthand began, standing up. “Is anyone going to go with me?”

This drove Reinier a bit over the edge. He jumped up from the floor, glaring at Nighthand. “Okay, what the hell? You expect us just to blindly follow you after the last person we did got us all roasted alive? Do you remember that pain?” Reinier asked, getting closer to Nighthand. “If you don’t, lemme just give you a reminder… IT REALLY FREAKING HURT!” He yelled. He breathed heavily, and turned to the group. He shook his head and began to walk out the door. He saw Gingi and Phoenix relatively close together, and he called out in a happy tone of voice, “Sorry your plan failed Phoe, maybe next time. Gingi, anytime you need another boost of power, I’m here.

With that said, he opened the door and slammed the door, walking out in to the Theta root town. He walked over to a railing, and leaned against it. He gazed out in to the abyss of Theta, wondering what would happen if he were to fall. Would he be deleted? Would he live?

You’d die, trust me.

Holy shit, you’re real?

Good job captain obvious, yes, I’m real. And I’m still on your back. I ain’t going away for awhile, don’t worry.

Reinier sighed, and turned his head around to see the small wings flutter about. He looked down at belt to see the Green Sword handle dangling. He checked his neck and noticed the necklace still there, the golden gem glowing a bit. Reinier checked his Flashmail box, noticing he had some items waiting for him in the Trade Center. He sat down in front of the railing, his left leg outstretched and his right leg at an angle. He rested his arms on his legs, and stared down at the ground.

The wind blew, pushing some dirt up against his body, some dirt getting in his eyes. It didn’t really bother him, but what bothered him was now he was stuck in the game. He had no where to go.

Should I follow this group blindly? I don’t know what to do…

It’s up to you. I can’t tell you what to do. Might as well though, since they’re looking for the same thing you are now.

Reinier stood, brushing off his butt and clothes, and cracked his neck. He walked back in to the hide out, and walked past Nighthand and walked over to Gingi. He stood next to her and waited for the plan of attack. Oddly quiet for once, he just stood there next to the beautiful Wavemistriss. He turned to her and whispered to her, “Should we really follow this guy…? I’d rather just… follow you. You seem more stable and sane then that guy…
Reinier's Wishlist: Sakabatou|Sharktooth
Abraxas' Wishlist: Complementry|Summon
The Hack's Wishlist: Wall lvl 2

ryok
Elevated Player

Post by ryok » Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:22 am

(OOC:T.T I suck. I should've made sure my mom had a working computer before I went there. :\ I would've posted again hadn't for my mother breaking her computer somehow. Anawyas enough of my excuses. I am in!..)

-He sat in an open field devoid of everything with the exception of the dark ground. The sky cast an errie darkness on to it, and in the distance he could see the edge of a forest. He blinked a shade covering everything, and leaving no spec of light through only for a split second. He thought he'd be some where else, but he was still there. Ryok looked around Kakashi his controller trying to figure out what happened. His mind trying to recollect itself. They didn't know what happened after one died. He was guessing this was it. It almost seemed like he were in a dream. He couldn't make everything out clearly, and when he moved it seemed as if he were underwater. Kakashi now knew this was Ryok's consciousness. Not his for it would've been much different from this mellow, dead place. It was weird even.. He blinked again.

-Ryok was on the ground looking up at the ceiling. He was obviously in some kind of housing. He sat up looking about noticing some still out cold. He looked down at his hands, and stare at them for a moment. Blood, dirt, sweat covered them. He couldn't remember how he died, but only that he didn't do a damn thing against that monster. He wasn't trying to be lazy.. He just was. He turned to some of the others who had gotten up, and reached for a note. Tacked up it was.. Phoeniz had grabbed it, and read it. Ryok was still trying to remember a lot of things. Then Gingitsune took it, and read it aloud. Ryok looked around finally finishing his recollection. Nall.. The one he had some many questions for wasn't there.

-“We have taken Nall to help him recover. He was badly strained from his overuse of his powers. He will be returning in a day or so. In the mean time, you all should rest, recover, and above all stay low. The hackers believe you are deleted, for now it would be best to keep it that way." She had stoped not reading a sender, because it wasn't signed. So then who took him?.. Ryok had questions, and wanted them answered. He wanted to know what the hell did this to him. It was nothing that could be real nor could it be even a dream. It was too vivid, and real to be anything but Real. He got to his feet looking around waiting for someone to talk..

-“I have an idea. Since the hackers know we have these hideouts-“

-“They know about these?” someone asked.

-“Yeah, Garaa sent a minion here to invite us to his tournament, LAST time Nall died. So, these places aren’t as safe as one might hope… I propose we go adventuring.” With this he tried to spark something in someone. “I, for one, am going to go." Nighthand stood.. “Is anyone going to go with me?” This hit someone, and someone with a short temper. Reinier stood up, and did what ryok wasn't going to do.. He yelled at Nighthand. o.o;; Ryok felt back his head thumping with questions. He knew if he staid he'd be found, and destroyed. The best thing he could think of doing at the moment was go with him, and whoever else was going.

-"I'm going.." He said still kind of getting used to talking in his current body. He wanted to ask some questions, but was.. Afraid to in the current situation.

Ryok| Lvl. 27| Heavy Blade| Demonic Sword| Kagayuzen| Fire Bracer| Suzaku Fiery Pants
Karin| Kannon| Miu Lei| Vak Rom| Vak Don| Dek Vaks| Ap Vaks
Skill Drain| Death

Wish list:Black Sharp Angelic Wings| Time Headband| Unique Weapon

Lighteria
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Lighteria » Wed Dec 29, 2004 4:26 pm

This is peculiar... where's the Game Over screen? I should be returning to the save point by now...

Lighteria thinks, trying to sit up from his lying down position, his vision unable to refocus.

Feels like my back got singed off... and where's...?

He gasps, his eyes opening wide and bolting upright, a tear falling down his cheek. The world turns white as blinding light fills his eyes. The only sight, however, are the last things he remembers, his memories grasping his sight, forcing him to view them. Before his eyes appeared Taimudan, its spikes of flame glistening with power and players tossed aside from the overwhelming force. The sudden bulge of energy... the sinister smile on the beast's face... the soft mew heard over the chaos...

"Kit..." He says, another tear falling

That's right... I remember in my last seconds of life the image of flames ripping through my chest and engulfing her... She was a water elemental... she... couldn't have survived...

He hangs his head sorrowfully and flops his hands to the ground, unable to find the will now to even pick himself up. A soft splash is heard as he lets his arms go limp and a wet feeling on the backs of his hands. His eyes blink in surprise and he looks down, regaining feeling in his lower body to feel he's sitting in a shallow pool of water. ...At least it FEELS like water. The liquid is almost pure white with blue ripples every few inches. His eyes scan the area a moment, revealing the ceiling to be made of the same water, both rippling with blue and stretching seemingly forever in all directions. With a struggling grunt he stands up, the water just above his ankles.

What the... heck? Where am I?

The distant sound of the ocean lapping fills his ears. He looks up to what would normally be the sky to see strange pulsating orbs floating around.

"They're black... it's like light doesn't even reach them..." He muses for a second before shaking his curiosity aside. Realizing he must find a way back to the others he trudges forward, the strange water lapping at his ankles with every step. As he walks though, nothing seems to change. The water stretches endlessly, no landmarks to guide the way or offer a glimmer of hope. After a few minutes he hunches over and rests his palms on his knees, feeling suddenly tired. A voice whispers in his ear, the words to quiet to be understood. He drops to his knees, his vision blurring and falls face first into the water, passing out.

"Flam... berge?"

"Mew...?" There's a sudden licking on Lighteria's cheek. His eyes instantly blink open to find himself face to tongue with his pet as he lies on the floor of the group's hideout.

"KIT!" Lighteria says happily, getting to his knees and picking the kitten up, hugging her tightly. Kit purrs happily and cuddles to his chest as he overhears Nighthand saying something about an adventure.

“I, for one, am going to go.” He said, standing up. “Is anyone going to go with me?”

Lighteria sighs in earnest, standing up with Kit in his arms. "Geez, you guys sure are intense... Playing for such long straights of time... even after such a tiring battle." He feels his voice leave him for a second, swallowing back nervousness. "Can we um... go to Lightless Eternal Abyss? Um... I met an ice dragon down there the one time and I was hoping to beat it someday." He nods to himself a little, knowing the suggestion was mostly out of nostalgia since it was the last place his friend and him had gone to before he'd lost his gift. "After that, I'm logging out. I've lost track of how long we've been here."

((OCC: FINALLY a post. -_-; My suggestion is only for the sake of Lighteria being able to make conversation out of his usual nervous demeanor.))
Lv. 37 Twin Blade (180 SP)
Weapon: Rashou (Thunder Coil- 30, Suvi Lei- 20, Mumyn Lei- 30) (Life Drain)
Armor: Holy Tree Mail (Juk Kruz- 20) - Scarab Earring (La Repth- 20, Rip Maen- 40) - Time Sandals (Ap Do- 15) - Forest Gloves (Juk Kruz- 20)
GP: 14384

Wish list (In order of priority): Angel halo accessory, chibi angel wings, Bone Armor, Professional

Lighteria: "Obsessively updating my profile since Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:10 pm"

Asgard
Exalted Player

Post by Asgard » Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:45 pm

Taimudan set off the inferno that felt as powerful as the sun itself. All that the Fist Fighter could do was block and take the attack. The Fist Fighter was a bit taken aback, ever since the Treeweaver decided to vaporize him on the spot. His soul felt a bit out of place, ever since he was killed and revived. Almost like he was feeling a bit nauseous from the revival. Asgard had no time to deliver a final strike, a Rue Cross of hope that he initially thought could bring the beast down. But, after the constant fire barrage before he could hatch anything, he had lost all the hope that his fists could muster. Asgard's senses all tingled and seared.

His eyes were shut closed, blocking the smoke and the rising ashes.
His ears could hear the party's scream as the waves of flames washed over the area.
His nose was assaulted with the powerful scents of sulfur and brimstone.
His mouth dried as the heat in the room overtook his whole body.
His fingertips singed through the arm wraps upon his torso.

The human senses never lied. Asgard knew that he was going to burn alive even before Taimudan set off the final light show. For a moment, he tried to reactivate Rue Cross, but the fires were too intense. The level four Vak spells had killed him on his feet, but he was thrown from his feet from the ultimate power of Vulcan.

Asgard felt the freeing feeling of death within the game as he whited out with Taimudan's counter reaching less than one second left. Now the fear was setting in. The feeling of freedom through death, and the feeling that after the year and a half of fighting, the journey stopped there...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Asgard awoke with a jostel. Upon previous doubt in his mind, he was not among the ghosts of the afterlife. He brushed his hair with an open palm and felt his smooth white locks line through his fingers. Relieved, he got up to see a sight that he didn't want to see now.

It was another white space. The same realm where he had fought Glacinis, the Ice Titan, and Dragrow, the forest demon. Among the white space shone an altar. Eight crystallized pillars towered to what seemed infinity as the reached far into the white expanse. Two of them, the green and the blue crystaled pillar, shone with an eerie glow. The crystal pillars all surrounded a figure, seemingly trapped in stasis and encased within a glass box of sorts. The person inside seemed to be completely blacked out, like a light was only shining its shadow towards the Fist Fighter. All around the figure were eight pedestals, coordinating with the eight pillars.

Asgard got up from the stony floor that he had appeared upon and took a look around. The feel of the crystal felt as if he were burning himself on ice. The feeling was weird, but he paid it no mind. As he touched the crystallized figure, he felt like he knew who this person was.

"Corvus?"

As soon as the name exited his mouth, the altar began to rumble. The six unlit pillars started to crack and break, as if the sound of his voice destroyed the very crystal's cells. The pillars began to break open, releasing screams and howls. Asgard readied his brass knuckled fists in a showdown, as whatever was coming out of the crystal shells didn't sound friendly. It sounded angry.

A great mist from the cracked open pillars erupted, all the color black. It covered the white space completely, turning the entire state of the white space to a grey. Asgard couldn't make anything out in the rising blackened fog. He tried using his hands to fan away the smoke, but it failed entirely. As soon as he gave up, a gale swept over the altar, clearing the mist away from the white space. The darkness seemed to comply with the windy gust, but instead, stuck to the white space like a glue. Now the white space was blackened.

Asgard let the gust die around him, his red scarf flapping in the wind. He opened his shielded eyes to see a creature, standing before him. It had the body of a beast, wings like a dragon, a scorpion tail, and three heads: a ram, an eagle and a lion. It was a Chimera, a mystic animal, but the weird thing was, instead of being multiple different colors, it was a bright sheet of yellow.

Asgard readied his weapons for a fight. All three of the heads seemed ready for a fight. Before Asgard could act, he froze in place. Unlike Asgard, the Chimera wasn't alone. Monsters stood side to side from the Chimera. Asgard knew who all of the monsters were standing before them, explained to him by the man encased in crystal, Corvus.

First was the earth snake, Terrato. The monster coiled upon its brown and dark blue scales, with a sharp red fin stretching across his body for a binding and shredding type maneuver. It also sported a set of mean teeth, probably strong enough to puncture armored car thick steel.

Second was the blazing knight, Fides. Outfitted in an ornate crimson armor, Gaudion stood ten feet tall, like god on the mountain. His sword, a bastard sword as big as a small car, emanated a fire that seemed to match, or possibly surpass, Taimudan's fury.

Thirdly was the Chimera of the winds, Barbassos. The gigantic dragon wings on its back were rumored in books back that they could call tornadoes at will. The three heads also seemed quite fierce, as Asgard gazed at them in passing.

Fourthly was Miserati the Archangel. Miserati was cast out of heaven a powerful angel, as he tried to overthrow his superior in rank. The angel was thrown down to hell, but never received. Legends rumored that it was able to walk the path of twilight, between light and darkness.

Fifth came Nox the Doppleganger. Not was known about Nox, as he was able to create personas at his own will, taking on people that generally never existed. He was a trickster and a killer at the same time. His body was in a state of constant flux, like he was switching from identity to identity in a matter of seconds. Corvus called him 'The Assassin with a Smile'.

Last, on the rightmost side was Munnox. Once an elemental of lightning, fate decided him to take on a more mortal form: A colossal owl adorned in an aura of electricity. Some tales tell that he was rumored to be a moving moon in dark nights.

Asgard had only to look at them to realize that he was going to die there. He had no way of telling the group in what predicament he was in. He knew that they were after him, to deliver his corpse to their master. But sadly, he knew that he was going to lose this fight.

All he could do was pray...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ohh. Sonofa bitch."

Asgard woke up in one of the beds, his head pounding against his brain like a jamaican drum beach party. Sounds were vibrating through his skull as his head seemed to tighten around his cranium like a vice on a walnut. The Fist Fighter rose from his bed, holding his head with one hand. He noticed that, after the destruction of Taimudan, everyone had lived. All of the players who had ventured with the party down to fight for the Treeweaver was accounted for, save Nall.

Nall...Godspeed on your recovery friend.. he thought to himself. Asgard knew that Nall couldn't have been waylaid by Taimudan. Time and time again, Nall proved to him inadvertedly that the Blademaster was ten times the character Asgard was. A role model he wasn't, but a leader was he.

The Fist Fighter swung his legs over the bed and slowly moved them to solid ground. What he met was feathery muscle, as Terro was sound asleep upon his bedside. In the firey confusion, Asgard had forgotten that his trusty flying beast was there and probably suffered a similar fate like everyone else. The nudge from the tabi shoes didn't wake the Gryphon, so the Fist Fighter let him sleep.

Hopping over his ally, he landed on the floor with a dull thud, hopefully not waking the others still asleep. He walked past Lighteria, on his way over to seeing why everyone awake was crowding around Nighthand.

"Geez, you guys sure are intense... Playing for such long straights of time... even after such a tiring battle. Can we um... go to Lightless Eternal Abyss? Um... I met an ice dragon down there the one time and I was hoping to beat it someday. After that, I'm logging out. I've lost track of how long we've been here."

"Sorry to say this, friend," Asgard said as he put a hand to Lighteria's shoulder, "But you can't logout anymore. You're now officially one of us. One of the damned." Asgard tried to lighten up his tone. He was never really good with consoling talks. "But we'll see about that ice dragon. Sounds like fun!"

Asgard left the side of Lighteria to pursue Nighthand, Gingitsune and the note. Looking over it a bit, he felt a bit of anger. Anger towards Nall's constant acts of deserting the party. But Asgard still believed that it was for a good reason. Nayru would most likely accompany the Blademaster and seemed to have a good handle on how to maintain itself in a tough situation. Hearing bits and pieces of Nighthand's plan while Asgard's woke up motivated him to speak up and join.

"Alright. We should probably get on the road before they realize how much Xenobia screwed up. I need some items as well, but we can't really go out in public like this without being noticed. They probably have scouts everywhere..."
Last edited by Asgard on Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:00 am, edited 4 times in total.
This is my non-banner profile. Read at own discretion!
Wishlist (Bolded sections denotate priority, in descending order)
In General: LEVELS
Pet-Related: EX-Levels, [Lv. 2]Overdrive Sphere, [Lv. 2]Ressurect
Armor: Dice Gloves (20 RARE), Golden Turban (42), Saint Cross (41), Protect Ring (41)
Weapons: Master Nunchaku (40 RARE), Three-Section Staff (37),
Items: (None)

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:13 am

(Gingi, Hac, I know you’re in, I’m waiting on posts… Please refrain from just editing in where you’ve “set your placeholders”, because that can cause troubles sometimes. Thanks)

Nighthand sighed, and headed for the door.

”You people… Someone tell these newcomers what’s going on. Lighteria… Asgard’s right, we can’t log out, and you’re one of us now. Now, about those keywords… You said there was an ice dragon there, right?”

Lighteria nodded a little nervously. "Y-yeah... I looked it up in the bestiary.. um.. I think it's a hyrdosaurus."

“Any idea what it’s stats and such are?”

The twin blade scratched his head. "Well um.... it was a while back... um... It's water of course... level um... 24 or something....area effecting frost breath... ahh.. I forget."

“Hmm... Not to be mean, or anything, but I think we should hold off on visiting anywhere one of us has been before. The hackers are unpredictable, they might search our warp histories and monitor fields we've been to before on the off chance we return."

"t-they can do that? geez..." The twinblade blinked.

"They can do that, and more... never underestimate them. This was the first time we lost against them, but we got too cocky. I've never seen Xenobia before, and I've been with this group since the beginning. There's more, too... We haven’t seen the last of them, I know it.”

Lighteria virtually cowered, thoroughly cowed by Nighthand’s attitude, even though he hadn’t intended to be so harsh. He felt too strongly about all of this to be kind.

From the back of the room, Hacorie stood silently, and left the room. His lack of any sort of sudden and or gruesome demise heralded the lack of any sort of ambush waiting for them, as had Hijinx’s jittery flight previously.

“You were saying, Asgard? I think it’s probably fine to go, and I need some items as well.”

The fist fighter appeared hesitant at first.

“Well, alright. But if it ends up us being blown up by another Taimudan, I’ll tell St. Peter it was your idea.”

Unexpectedly, Nighthand found himself grinning. "Don't worry, I'll protect you from the scary monsters out there in the world of human contact..." He laughed. "And if another one of those beasts shows up, we're probably doomed anyways, so why not go out with a bit more material wealth, eh?"

"I guess you're right. Besides, I need to stock up on some banes." He paused. "Is it just me, or has this battle changed more for the drastic ever since we gallantly agreed to help from the threats like that towering giant in theta?"

”Oh, probably… Wait… What giant are you talking about?”

"That one that tore through Delta. I can't remember its name. I know you probably didn't see me, but believe me. I saw it happen."

"Oh, you meant delta. Yeah, that was... what was it." Nighthand racked his memory until a prod from Silverblade lent him the name. "Oh yeah, the Yoroi general. Royce's first attack on us. Ah yes, the good old days..."

"I remember that moment, when it appeared in town...That was probably the last time I played my other character."

By this point the pair had left the hideout and were roughly half way to the item shop, strolling along at a nice walking pace. Neither seemed aware of more than their conversation, but Nighthand was keeping an eye on the town. He knew that Asgard would be as well.

"Yeah... You've certainly changed a lot since we started. From armor-covered heavy blade to that powerful duel-wielder, and now this... Planning to settle down, get a house, do all the things someone of your age should?" He laughed.

“Hey, I’m only 20 outside the game.” Asgard gestured mockingly and slapped Nighthand’s head. “But I wasn’t talking about Asgard. I was talking about the character before Asgard. That, however, isn’t something I’m open to talking about. Really nasty business.”

"Yeah, business you almost dragged us all into... I remember that Admin battle... Cybelle was awesome then, powerful enough to blow up the chaos gate to help us... But yeah, I won't pry... At least not yet. I DO love a good gossip."

"That story I'll tell all, probably if we have the time to go see the Well. But as of late, my admin buddies locked it down with everything they got.” He looked away fro a second. “For good reason. We would probably need Nall and Cybele to breach that lock." A pause. "I do have a question though. I was able to see the events involving Argilus and Kurai, but what happened when you went into Pandora with Hijinx?"

"Oh, not too much... Typical Hijinx stuff. A mad-dash race across a mine field, a battle against a goblin air-force, a quick search of a library for a book. Nothing really important." His thoughts turned inwards for a moment, remembering what he had learned in that final room about Hijinx. Another step brought them to the item shop, though, and he shook his head, snapping out of it. "So... When we get out of here, back to our own bodies, what's the first thing you'll do?"

“Me? Aha..ehehe….ummm…I really don’t know!” He tried to look away.

Nighthand didn’t notice. He was distracted, picking out his items, yet even that he did blindly. He was lost in thought about the outside, about the past. "That's too bad... Me, I think I'll take a nice, hot shower. Follow that up with as much of a feast as I can get. Hell, at this point I'd settle for a cup of ramen with my friends..." His voice quiets, his eyes drop. "I wonder if they'll even remember me. I've lost track of time, in here. I don't even know how long it's been anymore."

"One year, eight months and twenty eight days." Asgard realized what he said and tries to cover up. "I mean.. Same here..."

Once again, Nighthand doesn't notice. He takes his items to the counter and pays for them quickly, stuffing them in his already overfilled satchel. "So, are you all set here?"

The Fist Fighter had grabbed one of each bane and two of each physical blood. “I should be ready. Let’s go see if anyone else is finished preparing.”

“Indeed… To the Chaos Gate it is.” Nighthand said, and off they walked.

Arriving in a short time to the slowly whirling Chaos Gate, the pair found Hijinx waiting. Just as they arrived, Hacorie gated in, from wherever he had been. Deciding for once not to ask questions, Nighthand sat down and waited for the others to show up.

(Alright, once the rest of you, or at least three or four more of you, have arrived here, off we go.)

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:04 pm

(wah XD go on without me, *weeps* I have to visit my relatives this weekend and most likely won't have any internet access. Sorry for not posting sooner! *feels bad* Anyway, pretend I'm there... Feel free to use my character, nicely.)

ryok
Elevated Player

Post by ryok » Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:35 pm

-"Damned?!.." Ryok had spoken up, but not one looked at him nor even acknowledged him. When he had heard what Asgard said it was still a bit suprising. He knew he was trapped like the rest of them, but the hard part for him was accepting something like this COULD actually happen. He walked past Gingitsune, Hacorie, and Lighteria. He walked behind Asgard, and Nighthand for only a moment before heading off towards the weapon shop. He needed to think to himself quietly.

-I know the answers to my questions just from Asgard saying a few things. Though I still don't understand why I was chosen to go help fight against the hacker if I am at a higher level then some of the others. I don't know.. Gah. I wonder if they have some nice shtuff in here hopefully its better then Delta's stuff.

-He stopped looking into the shop, and picking up a few items. He was actually pretty rich since that money from The World's TcG tourny happened. He had won first place, and was sort of rich compared to the rest of the time in the game. He wanted to treat himself to a nice new sword or armor. He picked up a Heavy Blade weapon, and noticing it was to weak for his taste set it back down. He looked up from where he was checking swords out from, and noticed they were all under his current swords level. Ryok turned from the shop, and started at the armory. Hopefully there he'd find something nice.

-As he came to the first bridge he kicked a rock. It rolled down the slope of the bridge, and fell off the side. Falling down into the fogged air below. Ryok stepped on to the bridge walking slowly as people rushed past him. The wind made it sway, but ryok just kept walking. He reached the next pillar of solid ground, and stepped on to the next bridge. He reached the armory only to find noting of intrest once again. He sighed, and started over to the item shop. He turned from the armory, and started towards it each step seeming to take eternity to land. His mind had seemed to slow everything to him. He kept going not bothing with mind tricks or preception problems. The small patches of grass sway in the wind.. Back, and forth. A fine type of sand littering where ever grass wasn't. An indent in the sand followed by another lead into the item shop where ryok was looking over it's stock as well.

-He stuffed the items into his pouch, and off he went. His light armor comfortable as the wind blew threw it. He came to the Chaos Gate where Asgard, and Nighthand wait. He sat down in front of the bridge staring at them. He didn't know what to do..

Ryok| Lvl. 27| Heavy Blade| Demonic Sword| Kagayuzen| Fire Bracer| Suzaku Fiery Pants
Karin| Kannon| Miu Lei| Vak Rom| Vak Don| Dek Vaks| Ap Vaks
Skill Drain| Death

Wish list:Black Sharp Angelic Wings| Time Headband| Unique Weapon

Hacorie
Ikkitousen

Post by Hacorie » Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:31 am

A blazing inferno engulfing a room of its entirety leaving nothing in its wake. The water had all evaporated, the time to act was over. Slowly, one by one, everyone in the group died. Being trapped in the game for only as little while and now he was dead. If it was like all the players said, then if they die, they die forever....Nall was their exception. He came back from the dead, but now was dead again. A bright white light then shown as Hac lost all sight. He had no screaming pain from the incineration that had happened. His voice was gone so yelling was a helpless cause. A voice . . . echoed in the background of silence and as it began to crescendo into voices all around . . . familiar voices.

Slowly his eyes opened as Hac looked around to see he was in a place he had not been or seen before. Everyone else was back and some seemed to be waking from their slumber as others still rested. Stepping to his feet, Hac heard Nighthand ask who would want to go on a quest. We just got back and we do not know what happened after the burning. How can he just be so calm about all this and be ready to move out already? I need some more thinking time on this, I cannot just go after all that has happened to me in this short amount of time. Why and how are the ones who were trapped before us so calm about all this. I am not comprehending how they can be all normal, or seem normal. Maybe I just need time to grasp and accept the illusion of what has happened. Maybe . . .

Still standing and looking around the room, Hac quietly backed out and left into the city. He could not say anything nor did he want to, he needed time to think. Fate had now caught up to him and was directing him down a different path then when he started. Nothing good was coming from being trapped in the game, and it seemed nothing ever would. While walking through the town, Hac looked over at Reinier who was being amused with wings that Hac had not noticed before. I thought Nall said we would get what we came for. I wanted something rare and I did not get it. I am really going to have to give him a piece of my mind when I see him.

The wind slowly danced in front of him as its wailing soothed the soul of the Heavy Blade. He felt at ease as if nothing was wrong, the wind was comforting to him. As his troubles disappeared, he found himself at the Chaos Gate. The swirling golden rings twirled around the blue center. Looking at it, Hac thought of the keywords of the place he wanted to go. Bursting Fantasy Fallen Angel! The Heavy Blade was dropped in the middle of a bustling town. All the inhabitants were as normal going around in the town doing there everyday chores. Snow slowly began to fall in places as decorations were set up around the town. A Small conversation could be heard right in Hac’s earshot.

“Look there, is that him? The one who helped the ones save us? Is he one of them?” The first man said. “I think so . . . he was one of the ones who helped take care of the Crystals. He was a good fellow. Maybe he is back to see the Faerie.” The second man said. Hac then turned toward them and bowed as he smiled. He then turned back around and made his way to where he had first met the Faerie. As he reached the place he tried calling out her name aloud, but came to no avail at all. He forgot for a moment he had become mute. With no other means to try and contact her, Hac waited. A small idea popped in his head as he remembered the last quest where his powers manifested with the help of the Faerie mentally. She spoke telepathically. Maybe I can contact her that way, the same way I do with the Moumokuteki.

Aqualiea, can you hear me? I need your assistance. Come to the place where we first met.

Yes, I hear you Hacorie. So you ended up surviving the massacre eh? I was quite surprised when the field was deleted form existence of the world. I do not know why, but I do not understand why you and your group survived that.

They are not my group, I want nothing to do with them. Wanting and the reality are different though. No matter if I try to escape them, I will always be one of them. I was infected with Twilight, and that I now have to accept. By my word though, if the opportunity comes, I could turn on them, or leave when I have a chance. I do not want to be involved longer then I have to.

A blue light then appeared in front of the Heavy Blade and as fast as lightning’s light, struck out a small blue creature with pointed ears, and small wings on her back. With two hands and two feet the small Faerie smiled and snapped her fingers. In an instant she was life size, her beautiful blue hair flowed behind her. “Nice to see you again Hac. So I hear you need my assistance then?” She spoke aloud as she looked at him curiously. Yes, I want you to come with me and help me and this group on the journeys we go on. I may need your help learning all that is to my new powers. You helped me manifest them for the first time, and I need your help like I did then. So will you come?

Yes. I am. I will be mini sized though and ride in the hood of your cloak, or on your shoulder one of the two. Im I am in your hood though, do not put your hood up or I will get smashed! Now lets get back, your ‘partners’ may be wondering where you went.

Yes Ma’am! Hac thought sarcastically as he moved his hand in front of his body and gated out of the area.

As he re-entered the town, he looked up to see Nighthand walking up toward him and the gate. I guess I am going with them on this quest. I need some more information on all these people, and myself for that matter.
Hacorie
Level 36 Heavy Blade
Gold: 21237

Equips
Oceanic Aura/Sharktooth-Ice Helm-Winter Coat-
Shiva's Rings-Bondage Pants
---Water Magic, BL Yokohama

Wishlist:
Level Meh Up
Weapons: Sakabatou/Rock n Roll/Peace Blade
Body: Knight's Armor
Other: Earthlore/Feng Shui
--------Water/Earth Scrolls

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Fri Dec 31, 2004 8:49 am

Phoenix slowly awoke in the Theta hideout. The last thing that he remembered was being burned by the Taimudan's attacks. He could not remembered what happened afterwards but he was glad that they were alive. Someone must really like us. They keep coming rescuing us from near death. Let's see if everyone is here. Phoenix used a chair to help himself up and look around the room. He noticed that Nall was nowhere to be found within the hideout but he did also noticed a note on one of the walls. He walked up to the wall and took the note to the wall. He began to read the note.

"We have taken Nall to help him recover. He was badly strained from his overuse of his powers. He will be returning in a day or so. In the mean time, you all should rest, recover, and above all stay low. The hackers believe you are deleted, for now it would be best to keep it that way."

Phoenix read the note once again and sighed. He was a bit annoyed that Nall mysterious disappeared once again. I think Naryu had to do something about Nall's disappearance. Then, he decided to give the note to Gingitsune without saying a word. After handing the note to Gingitsune, he felt something odd. He finally noticed that Suzaku was not speaking to him. Phoenix looked at his necklace and saw that it was not as red than it usually is. She's probably recovering from the Taimudan battle. I let her rest for now.

Phoenix's focus was redirected from his thoughts to Nighthand. "I have an idea. Since the hackers know we have these hideouts-" Phoenix was amazed by that statement. Great. The hackers seem to know everything about us. He continued to listening to Nighthand. "Yeah, Garaa sent a minion here to invite us to his tournament, LAST time Nall died. So, these places aren't as safe as one might hope… I propose we go adventuring," There was more silence until Nighthand broke it once again. "I, for one, am going to go. Is anyone going to go with me?"

At that point, Reinier immediately jumped up and began to yell at Nighthand. Phoenix knew how Reinier felt since he was like him once but did not express his anger at the group. He remembered the first time that the Twilight caused him to go unconscious due to the pain of all the wounds that he received during his time in the World. His trip in memory lane was stopped by Reinier's comment. "Sorry your plan failed Phoe, maybe next time. Gingi, anytime you need another boost of power, I'm here." Before Phoenix could say thanks, Reinier bolted out of the hideout.

An adventure sounds like a good idea. I need to become more powerful if I want to beat Xenobia. Well Suzaku. You should be safe here. Phoenix took off his necklace which was Suzaku's disguised form and laid it on a table. Let's see. I need to get some items before I set off. He was just about to leave the hideout when he got a flashmail.

To: Phoenix

Meet me at this spot.
End of message.

Suddenly, a glowing red dot appeared on Phoenix's map of Dun Loireag. He walked out of the hideout and began to head towards the red dot. He was rather curious about the sender of the flashmail especially on how the person could add a dot to his map. As he walked around the town, he began to think. With Nall gone, our main source of information about the hackers is gone. We have the power but without the information, we are good as dead. There has to be a way to beat them. Phoenix reached the dot on the map which appears to be a dead end. As he was about to leave, a bright door appeared on the wall. Walk through. The voice was hollow and eerie at the same time. Phoenix was eager to know more and walk through the bright door. He emerged a room with all sorts of hi-tech equipment scatter around. He saw two big screens along with a human-sized chamber. The room's walls and ceiling were white which gave the appearance of a huge room but it was not the case. He saw an old looking man in worker clothes at one of the consoles.

Phoenix immediately recognized the old man and spoke to him. "I should kill you right now, Aion." The old man turned towards Phoenix and said, "But then who's going to reconstitute your friend, Phoenix." The old man had a pair of black goggles on along with a blue cap that covered the baldness. His face was very winkled and looked very flailed. "I'm sorry about your condition but it wasn't intentional. Do you think that all I do is working on your friend." Aion began to laugh soon afterwards at his own comment. Phoenix was not amused by it and spoke once again. "I don't have time to speak to you. What do you want? I have to go soon."

Aion walked up to Phoenix and put his hand on his shoulder. "Let me see your right hand." Phoenix allowed Aion to see his hand and the old man began to laugh once again. "That's what I thought. It seems that Shinto decided to help you. I noticed a recent surge of energy that occur during an attempt. It almost overloaded my equipment here." Aion walked back to the console. "I know about your powers. It seems that one of the faults about them is that you have less traction. Your recent inability to stop on command is due to the being at half of Earth's gravity." Phoenix asked the old man a question. "Is that all, Aion?"

Aion turned to him and said, "Yes." Phoenix was rather annoyed by that answer and suddenly an idea popped into his head. "Aion, I need you to something for me. I need you to find out about a female hacker named Xenobia, the mistress of nature. She has the ability to control other people's minds as well. I need information about how to stop her mind control ability." The old man immediately spoke back, "What do I get in return for this information?" Phoenix gave a quick sigh before replying back, "I show you something unique when you beckon me next time." Aion was thinking about Phoenix's offer and said, "I accept. I let you know when I find out anything." Aion pushed a button at one of the consoles and Phoenix was blinded by a bright light.

Phoenix returned to the same dead end alleyway before he entered the bright door. He suddenly remembered that he needed to buy some items. He quickly took to the rooftops as a shortcut to the item shop. He landed next to the entranceway of the item shop almost hitting a nearby player in the process. He quickly bought his items and ran out of the shop almost hitting the same player on the way out. Phoenix quickly ran to the Chaos Gate without breaking a sweat. He saw Nighthand, Asgard, and a few others waiting. He approached Nighthand and gave a quick comment quietly. "If this a war, what's the most important in order to obtain victory? It's information and right now, we lack it in a major way." Phoenix gave a slight pause before continuing, "I know this may sound crazy. But when Nall comes back, I suggest that we capture him and force us to tell him everything. I don't want an answer now but think about it. I didn't want to come to this but we all the information that we can get. We are a group that has a cause but no way to gather information. Only Nall knows everything." Phoenix sat down on the ground waiting for anyone else to come.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Wish List: Phoenix's Fire, Gold Necklace
EX-Spheres: LV 3 - Overdrive, LV 3 - Curative, LV 3 - Elemental Breath

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:10 pm

"Capture Nall, eh? Hmm, perhaps... We'll see what I can do later to help. "

He walked up to the Chaos Gate and opened the interface. Random it was.

Theta: Blessed Normal Resurrection

Rather fitting, he supposed.

"We all ready to go?" Without pausing, Nighthand initiated the jump.

One by one, the group appeared on the field. It was flat, coated with a thick layer of gritty ice that felt almost like walking on concrete.

It was cold, too. He could see his breath in front of him. It was a welcome feeling, after the heat of the last field.

In front of them, just out of reach of activation, was a portal. It spun lazily through the air, waiting for one of them to activate it.

Glancing to make sure his teammates were ready, he stepped forwards.

Perhaps it was the level of the field, or the size of their party, but quite a number of enemies came from the portal.

First out were three Fresh Valkeries. They stood and waited for the rest of the portal to open.

Next out were two water witches. They twirled their staves anxiously, ready to run and cast their spells from afar.

And oddly enough, out next were the last two monster, but monsters they were indeed.

Towering over the team now stood two Ironball Titans. The giant monsters were studded with spikes and had two larde spiked metal balls for hands. They would be the challenge for the group.

Nighthand qucikly took a step back, while the team prepared around them.

"Well... Any ideas?" Nighthand asked, drawing his Life Sword and holding it ready.

------Beastiary for the fight------
Fresh Valkerie: Level 21, hp 250, uses repth on itself and other monsters when in critical condition.

Water Witch: Level 14, HP 180, has rue kruz and rue zot and prefers to cast spells from a range.

Ironball Titan: Level 45, HP 4550, no skills but very powerful physical attacks.

(sorry for the rather bland post, but it's better than nothing. oh, and anyone who's joining late, feel free to follow, just flashmail one of us for the keywords or something, it's not locked at all)

Lighteria
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Lighteria » Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:04 am

"Sorry to say this, friend," Asgard says, putting a hand to Lighteria's shoulder, making him jump a little from the shock. "But you can't logout anymore. You're now officially one of us. One of the damned."

"You people… Someone tell these newcomers what’s going on. Lighteria… Asgard’s right, we can’t log out, and you’re one of us now. Now, about those keywords… "

"Y-yeah I... What the hell? His thoughts drift as he answers. That's gotta be just an expression... This kind of stuff doesn't actually happen... It's physically impossible, right? I mean, that's just silly... It's just a game...

"Yeah, they can do that..." Nighthand continues, but by then Lighteria has stopped listening. He obviously wasn't going to convince him to go to a low level dungeon and conflict was one thing Lighteria tended to avoid with a passion. As the conversation went on, Lighteria slowly drifts outside as though he were a specter, tightly clutching his purring kitten to his chest.

Finding his way to the exit of the so-called hideout, the twinblade steps out into the windy peaks of Dun Loireag. For a second he squints at the sudden barrage of sunlight until his eyes adjust. He looks at the clouds and high-flying air-catchers for a second and sighs, stepping onto the wooden walkways and going where his feet take him, not really concentrating on anything.

"Mmm... mew meew meow... ...mew mew meow rowr. (Mmm... Your looking awfully thoughtful... ...Plus you stopped scratching my ear.)"

Lighteria sighs softly, lightly tracing his finger nail behind Kit's ear, making her shut her eyes again and cuddle to his chest, purring happily. "I'm sorry Kit. Just a lot's been happening all at once. ...I thought you were going to be deleted back there."

"Mew... meow meow mew mew... Mew mew meow rowr meow twilight mew mew meow. (Yeah... I thought I was too... I think it has something to do with that "Twilight" they were talking about.)"

"I noticed we haven't seen the administrators around either." Lighteria says, looking around. "Can't they track your data anymore?"

"Mew mew meow... Mew mew rowr meow mew mew meow. (I don't think so... My basic data has been re-written so I probably don't register.)"

"Well that's lucky..." Lighteria muses for a second, stepping up to the chaos gate. "At least SOME good came of this trip." He stops and shuts his eyes, opening the in-game menu. "Kit... I'm a little scared."

"Mew meow mew? (About what they said?)"

"Yeah..." He nods slowly. "I'm scared to press the log out option... They all seemed so serious I'm beginning to think they're not just a bunch of dedicated players who 'can't log out' because they love the game so much. ...I... I'm beginning to think they're serious. That they actually, physically are unable to log out... is that silly?"

"Lighteria..." Kit looks up to him softly, now talking in English to emphasize her seriousness. "I was just an AI designed for the purpose to be cute before all this happened... Now I've gained consciousness and abilities I never had nor were supposed to have. This... "Twilight" as they call it, is something neither of us should take lightly."

"Kit..." Lighteria says weakly. "I don't want to be trapped here...."

"Just try Lighteria..." Kit says softly. "If you aren't, then everything's fine... If you are then... well this will have to be the start of something big I suppose. But you'll never find out until you go for it."

Lighteria is silent for a while, his right index finger scratching behind Kit's ear a little nervously, making her purr in spite of herself. As he stares at the log out option the twin blade's thought drift back to an old phrase he wrote when he started playing The World. Without thinking, his mouth moves with his thoughts....

“My thoughts drift between two realities. When the conscious mind becomes blurred between two planes of existence… how real is the real one? And how fake is the fake one?" Kit looks up to him softly. "One thing does not change, however… no matter how many times I cross between them, my emotions are real. No matter how fake this world is, my feelings are real.”

"Meow meow... mew... (That was really... nice...)"

Lighteria sighs softly. "For some reason, I put more emotion into this game than I ever did in the real world... I wonder... what happens when you have real emotions in a digital world... I just..." He stares at the log out option again. "....Wonder....."

System Error wrote:UNKNOWN ERROR:
Cannot Log Out. Please try again later.
"........."

Ten minutes later.

"We all ready to go?" Nighthand asks, pressing the Warp option. Lighteria doesn't even nod, instead he holds Kit tightly to him as he has been for the past ten minutes, simply going with them.

"Meow Lighteria, mew mew meow mew, meow rowr mew. (Remember Lighteria, they've been here a long time, they know what they're doing.)"

"I know..." He whispers back. "I know..."

Without saying anything else, Lighteria lets kit down from his arms and he pulls out his Master Blades. "I'll take one of the Valkeries, I'm good with fighting them." He says to the group, a bit lacking in emotion.
Lv. 37 Twin Blade (180 SP)
Weapon: Rashou (Thunder Coil- 30, Suvi Lei- 20, Mumyn Lei- 30) (Life Drain)
Armor: Holy Tree Mail (Juk Kruz- 20) - Scarab Earring (La Repth- 20, Rip Maen- 40) - Time Sandals (Ap Do- 15) - Forest Gloves (Juk Kruz- 20)
GP: 14384

Wish list (In order of priority): Angel halo accessory, chibi angel wings, Bone Armor, Professional

Lighteria: "Obsessively updating my profile since Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:10 pm"

Asgard
Exalted Player

Post by Asgard » Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:04 am

OOC: Song time! Play "Grab the Bull by the Horns - Sum 41"

Asgard looked excitedly at one of the Ironball Titans. Even though they were a giant obstacle in the path on the field, they were very easy to capitalize on. Monsters like these could be easily taken down by a Melee fighter and a magic fighter. It was all the matter of taking it hand to hand with a constant barrage of spells as backup. There was only one thing to be afraid of, which would be the Power Slam move, a gigantic crescent swing onto the ground with a minimal circular range. However, the damage that move could cause can be astronomical. Asgard knew that the most prominent spot to assault the beast was behind him, as it was incredibly slow with its massive size, ironball hands and thick plated armor.

Asgard stretched high into the sky, reaching with his digits to the unseen stars, and fell into a low fighting stance, one that was generally used for a rush. He looked at Nighthand and shot him a quick whistle. Nighthand heard the sharp sound emanate and turned to Asgard. The Fist Fighter made a head gesture, pointing towards the titan on the left. Not knowing if the swordmystic got what he had in mind, he raced off towards the target, defended by one of the Fresh Valkyries. The monster guardsman raised its Heavy Blade brand swords and charged forward at the Fist Fighter.

Asgard didn't falter his course as the Valkyrie charged. Nighthand sped forward to the Titan as the Valkyrie and Asgard met halfway between. The monster raised its giant sword behind its head and swung down with a cut that would symetrically divide the Fist Fighter. Asgard, however, veered course at the last moment and sidestepped the attack by inches, the sword dug into the packed snow, like a stick on a giant popsicle. With the Valkyrie's body totally exposed, Asgard let loose with a brutal punch to the stomach. The monster hunched over in reflex, its torso area beaten and bruised with one hit. Asgard grabbed the Valkyrie by its purple helmet with both of its hands and kindly introduced its face with his knee. The monster flew back, its faceplate armor bent and broken, as it hung eight feet in the air for which seemed a lifetime.

"Death Bringer!" Nighthand's voice echoed through the field like a police siren in an empty street. Asgard looked over to see his Heavy Blade ally, already beginning his assault upon the Ironball Titan. Ack. Better step it up, Asgard thought. The body now implanted into the snow, Asgard grabbed it by its purple armored leg with both hands.

"Sorry chum. Need your help for something." Asgard slowly spun the almost cadaver around his body, like a certain plumber and dinosaur of a game that he had witnessed back when he was still a teenager. Slowly getting dizzy, he hurled the dazed corpse Nighthand's way. The armored Valkyrie clipped the shoulder of the Ironball Titan, just short of knocking it off balance. The purple armored knight, however, stopped moving completely.

Shit, Asgard thought in a complete lapse of everything around him. With his head stopped, his thought process was a total wreck. He momentarily saw Nighthand capitalize on the Ironball's momentary stun. Asgard tried to get his head to stop moving, but something else in his mind was picking at his cranium.

Please, siror. Release me unto the fold and let me destroy those that stand before your goal... Asgard knew the voice in his head. Again the elementals came calling, now begging for release.

No, Fides. I bar you from entering the fray upon this battlefield, Asgard tried to speak with a regal tone, ever since he heard the word siror. This is a battle that I must endure upon my own accord. If I release you, your masters will know where I am. That would NOT make me a happy monarch.

Almost instantly, the firey voice within his head responded. Ah, yes siror. I will bow to your wishes. But I still protest that you will need my help! If not now, then soon!! The voice faded from his mind as the sudden dizziness fell out of Asgard's head.

Locking target with the taken Ironball Titan, Asgard moved in at a quick pace, opting not to use a Speed Charm yet. Instead, he pulled out a wirey plant which seemed to have the shape of parsley, but the metallic roughness of metal. He rose it in the direction of the Ironball Titan and willed the item to activate.

The tiny sprig shone with a weird light and shot out towards the monster. The rays shone around the Ironball Titan for a moment, its armored shell seeming to age far quicker than usual. The metallic coating on the chestplate and shoulderpads quickly began to lose their luster and eventually rust. Overhead of the target, a shield appeared, broken and almost falling to pieces. Confident with the effects of the Knightsbane, Asgard proceeded with all speed towards the target that Nighthand had engaged...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC: One Valkyrie destroyed.
Last edited by Asgard on Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is my non-banner profile. Read at own discretion!
Wishlist (Bolded sections denotate priority, in descending order)
In General: LEVELS
Pet-Related: EX-Levels, [Lv. 2]Overdrive Sphere, [Lv. 2]Ressurect
Armor: Dice Gloves (20 RARE), Golden Turban (42), Saint Cross (41), Protect Ring (41)
Weapons: Master Nunchaku (40 RARE), Three-Section Staff (37),
Items: (None)

Hacorie
Ikkitousen

Post by Hacorie » Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:12 am

Transporting with the rest of the group to the field, Hac soon realized a battle had erupted. Nighthand, the leader of the seeming pack took the front by activating the portal. The giant circle swirled as its dazzling, radiant glow lit up the field a little. As it dispersed it left a few monsters in its place. Three Fresh Valkyries which were no problem to take care of, two Water Witches which were already bouncing about the field, and two Ironball Titans that were sending tremors through the ground almost knocking the Heavy Blade off balance. As he stumbled a bit, Hac smirked at the Water Witches and headed toward them as Asgard passed in front of him heading toward one of the Fresh Valkyries.

As he passed Lighteria, the Twin Blade spoke up with excitement saying he would take on the Valkyries. Behind him, Nighthand rushed toward one of the Ironball Titans and started to attack. Nearing one of the Water Witches, Hac pulled out the Moumokuteki from his back and made a slight smile as he gazed onward at them. The dark sword then released an aura that stretched outward from the sword a small bit. So I guess it is my turn to fight again? Been awhile since you have pulled me from that nasty sheathe. You really need to clean it once and a while because with all the blood from the monsters, it sure does begin to reek. Just be glad you have even been in that sheathe that long, Wren could ask for you back at any moment. Now let’s see if we can put my new found powers to use against the witches, eh?

A few yards away from the nearest Water Witch, Hac started to slowly lift the Moumokuteki above his head. As he slowly moved it up to that point, he heard a scream of two of the same spells aiming right toward him. “Rue Zot, Rue Zot!” Both the Witches screamed almost simultaneously as ice sickles penetrated the ground and started to head in Hac’s direction. The Heavy Blader tried to stop, but he noticed with the speed and rate of the ice coming from the ground toward him, he would never be able to dodge the spells. Without warning, Hac dropped one of his hands from the Moumo and stuck it in front of him. He slowly felt the power of water coming into his grasp. Its coldness confronted him in this time of peril. Hac then squeezed his hand into a fist as he looked onward to see a few of the ice sickles shatter before him. Oh no, it did not work. Hac thought to himself as the remaining spikes of ice started piercing his body one after the other.

With the coldness of the spikes surging through his body, Hac noticed the clear ice beginning to turn red as a liquid from his body ran down onto the ground. Extreme pain, more than usual, was coursing through his body as he began to feel his breaths shorten even though he was trying to breathe deep. Calm down. You are not dying. This pain is just felt since you are now confined to this world. You will probably get used to it later on down the road. Remember that your powers are not fully developed yet. You cannot take on two spells like that, and if you try, well you saw what happened. You could only stop a little bit of them. Not even enough to cause you less damage. Luckily though you are wearing that armor that gives you a lot of water resistance. Now get to your feet. I will help you out a bit just incase they try that again. Ap Do! The Faeries voice rang deep within Hac’s mind as he felt his body begin to speed up and make his adrenaline pump harder.

The heavy Blade then rushed off toward the nearest Water With and before it could lift its wand he shouted an attack skill focusing his Moumo on where to hit the witch. Luckily for Hac, the monster was slow and liked to cast spells at a distance, so as long as he stayed close to them he had nothing at all to worry about, hopefully. Ani Smash! Hac thought loudly as he lifted his sword then swung it down fast watching as the body of the Water With was quickly ripped a part by the powerful attacks of the sword. With one last scream and skill, the witch disappeared. “Rue Kruz...” This were its last fading words as it disintegrated.

Blue ice Sickles came from the sky and started to surround the Heavy Blade and as the quickly closed in, he tore through his hand toward one side and ran toward it. The ice quickly was sent out in all the direction which was the opposite of the party and other monsters. As he escaped the attack of the ice, Hac had little time to stop as the other Water Witch was rushing toward him with blue wand pointed toward him. “Rue Zot!” It screamed as it sent clear pillars of Ice at Hac once again.

(OOC:Still have to grammar check and spell check, but bed time now and wanted to post)
Hacorie
Level 36 Heavy Blade
Gold: 21237

Equips
Oceanic Aura/Sharktooth-Ice Helm-Winter Coat-
Shiva's Rings-Bondage Pants
---Water Magic, BL Yokohama

Wishlist:
Level Meh Up
Weapons: Sakabatou/Rock n Roll/Peace Blade
Body: Knight's Armor
Other: Earthlore/Feng Shui