Enter the World through the Theta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

ryok
Elevated Player

Post by ryok » Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:22 pm

(OOC:Uhm, is it snowing?.. x: I am guessing not)

-"Gah.. It's freezing here," Ryok said under his breath. Ryok hated snowy fields they were just too cold looking. Looked was in the past now he acutally had to live through it. He looked around at everyone the ones he knew getting ready for the battle ahead. The portal a grid opening like a bomb exploding, expanding outwards until it disappeared. Three Fresh Valkeries appeared. Ryok shruged them off he knew the team could take them without him. He turned from the group to look around. Small noticable mounds littered the ground, and besides those the area was flat, desolate, and freezing. The ground covered with a layer of ice was slippery. He started to wander around, away from the group as usual. He sighed, and turned back towards the group. "Crap.." He began to run back only to slip, and fall on his face. He didn't do much to stop it only.. let it happen. His head thumping with pain as he slid a ways where he hit an snow pile, and stoped. Ryok's face bright red with pain.. He stood up putting his hands to his face to warm it.. sort of. He started walking again until his vision focused on a figure. Ryok kept at a normal pace soon realizing that it wasn't a character, but a Fresh Valkerie. He stoped looking past it to see the group. He pushed his blade out of it's sheath an inch or two, and took a hold of it's handle. He ran at it ready to kill the weaker monster off in a few attacks hoping it wasn't hacked or anything.

-It turned around using it's monster instinct to tell it I was coming, or it was just its AI reacting to me in it's primiter. Ryok liked to think they were real monsters. Ryok was running at it full force, and as he came up to it he jumped. His signature attack being preformed. Although it barely ever worked when it did it was devestating. He unsheathed his blade as he came to the top of his jump, and began his decent. It spun around it's the long stick of a handle blocking ryok's jumping attack. Ryok stoped in midair only for a few seconds before coming back down to the ground. He took the blade up in both hands, and turned it thrusting forwards at the creature. The blade stuck firmly into it's gut wouldn't come out. He steped back pulling it as hard as he could. Nothing.. He jumped back as the Valkeries blade came down. The monster superisingly could still move even when the blade was lodged clearly in its leg. Ryok grabbed the Devil the Spider being the one he had used a second ago. His blade was drawn, and ready to taste blood. Running at the monster again he thrust thinking the monster can't block that very well. The Valkeries blade swung down, andcaught the Devil in the center of it.

-"Crap" The Valkeries blade slid under his, and the monster pulled up flinging it out of his hands. "Oh god.. Why me." The Valkerie brought its blade down into his stomach. He let out a groan as the monster pulled the blade from its place in his stomach. His arms weakend by the pain reached up, and grabbed his Light Giver. "Your mine.." He said bringing the Light down on to the Valkeries shoulder. It reacted, and stabbed him in the gut in a different spot. The pain numbness nulling most of the pain of the second blow. His Light Giver slid out from its place in the Valkeries shoulder, and thrust forwards. It punctured the creatures armor, and with the force Ryok used to thrust the blade it came out the other side. The Valkerie slumped over, and turned a grey color. Ryok fell to his knees, and fell on to his face. "Uhh.. It burns." He said into the snow ice mixture. He turned around so that he faced towards the sky, and looked at his wounds. "Whoa.. It should hurt more when someone is cut open. Ugh.." He sat up reaching into his pouch, and grabbing three Health Drinks. Each one healing him more until he was standing again.

-He bent down, and grabbed his swords placing them in the right places. Putting the Spider back in its equipted place. He looked over at the team..

-"I better help them with that Titan.." He said running towards the group.

(OOC:Once someone else posts that they've attacked the other Titan i'll help.. >.> Oh, One Valkerie down.. x:)

Ryok| Lvl. 27| Heavy Blade| Demonic Sword| Kagayuzen| Fire Bracer| Suzaku Fiery Pants
Karin| Kannon| Miu Lei| Vak Rom| Vak Don| Dek Vaks| Ap Vaks
Skill Drain| Death

Wish list:Black Sharp Angelic Wings| Time Headband| Unique Weapon

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:40 pm

It was dark, damp, and cold.
The combination which Gingitsune loved least of all conditions.
There was no light, no spark of warmth from an errant sunbeam.
Just pure darkness, where the damp was from she could not tell, unless she was in some sort of cave.
Her head buzzed strangely, it was as if she was no longer in her body.
It seemed so far away, and as she tried to move her arm and legs slightly, it felt as if they were made of leeks and could only wobble miserably.

"What happened?" she asked herself, the words echoing in her mind but never leaving her lips, which we uncomfortably sore and numb.
She opened her eyes, forcing her eyelashes to separate, but they were covered in something and she did not know what. Finally they opened, her violet eyes, glazed and distant, blinked into the darkness.
There wasn't anything to see.

"Jocasta?" she mouthed, pawing around on the 'ground' which was as flat and smooth and empty as a pane of glass. The Sphinx was nowhere to be seen, nor was any other living (or dead) soul.

"Did we all die?" the question floated in her mind, this wasn't how she expected death, even if it was all emptiness she had atleast figured that there would be no consciousness to it, but now she was there, in the empty place. A shiver tore through her body, and she let out a small sound, as if she had not spoken in a millenium, the sound echoed in the empty plain. Finally her hand hit Cybele, her wand, usually growing radiantly in shades of beautiful light, but now as black as the surroudings. Still, the wand, dead as it seemed, was a comfort to Gingitsune. She had always felt that there was a guiding spirit in her wand, something shapeless and voiceless but sentient which gave Cybele its power. A mere rod of metal could not house such possibilities, such wondrous capabilities. There had to be something alive... or had to have been something alive... to give Cybele it's warmth.

"Please," she whispered, "Please be there. Please help me, I don't want to be here anymore. There's nothing here, and it frightens me."

"Why are you frightened by nothingness?" asked a clear voice, to her left... no her right... above her, or below? The voice was everywhere at once, melodious and charming and full of hope.

Gingitsune tested her own voice, and found that it was as cold and bleak as a stormy day. "I don't know. A primal fear, isn't it? Nothingness is just so oppressive, it feels like it's sucking the life out of me, if I am not dead already I fear I will die here, and no one shall know until I am merely a part of this infinite darkness.

"Do you know where you are?" asked the voice kindly, it was neither male nor female, but comforting and penetrating.

"No. I cannot even begin to guess, why would such a vile place exist?"

"It is vile because it is empty. All of its light and happiness is hidden away deep inside."

"Deep inside what?"

"Why, you of course. This is you, this bleak and empty place is the recesses of your mind. It is dark because you hate, doubt and fear. It is cold because you cannot see the warmth of your situation. It is damp because you are so afraid that you will die here, and that your true body will be lost that you cannot overcome your sadness."

"And, who are you?"

"Cybele. You asked me to help, didn't you? You invoked my name, and in doing so you've brought me here. I cannot die, I am merely a spirit, when you lose all hope I disappear because there is no room in here for me, it becomes overcrowded with hatred and horrible thoughts. That is when Cybele's power turns dark and destructive. You have not learned to yield your wand yet, when you do I shall be able to reveal some of its true powers to you. Light is not all about destruction and death, it is about hope and happiness. You see how you feel in this dark place? You feel as if you would die, but a beam of light would be hope, would it not? Yes, light is powerful, but light is not death, light is life. Light has the power to give and take life, and without light there is not life. This is something you now realize. How can you help your comrades if you do not believe in what you are doing with your whole heart?"

Gingitsune looked down at her hands, didn't she believe in them? She wanted to, she always had the appearance to, but in this place deep inside of her she was afraid of what might happen to all of them. Taimudan had exploded, he had incinerated all of her bodies, although Gingitsune had not been conscious she felt the memories flooding her, her power had run out. Had it run out because...

"Yes. Your light comes in part from your thoughts and dreams, if you do not believe your power becomes weakened and runs out. Cybele has gone dead now, but a single thought can awaken her."
Gingitsune smiled, and Cybele began to glow again, weakly.

"Would you like to see something more?" Asked the spirit.
Gingitsune nodded in assent.

Suddenly the entire dark, damp space became as bright as the sun. The smooth glass surface bubbled and rose in terrible fire and magma. Explosions occurred, and the rumbling of the place was almost as frightening as the darkness. It was like hell, and Gingitsune felt her eyes would burn at any second as she shielded herself from the light.

"You are safe, it will not hurt you. It is the sun, the source of your power, and in time, perhaps your innermost thoughts will burn with this kind of intensity. You have sparked Cybele, you have started the process in your mind, but it will take courage and conviction to make it so. It may seem frightening to you now, but is it not more comforting than the darkness in which all of your fears are rooted in yourself? You fear here, but you fear for natural and logical reasons. You fear that you will burn, or slip into the magma (though I assure you, you will not), instead of fearing that you are letting people down, or are inadequate, or do not have the courage or leadership to go on. You see?"
Gingitsune nodded slowly. This spirit was rather bizarre, and Gingitsune never again wanted to see the surface of the sun from such a proximity.

"So..." she began slowly, "am I here, forever?"

"No, you are all revived, all of you, and I'm afraid that in a few seconds this will seem nothing but a paltry dream with no true significance." said the spirit, sighing rather loudly, "but do remember, that like Jocasta I will always be on your side, and when you need me I will not fail you."

"Than..."

But the image was already fading and a few seconds later Gingitsune opened her bleary eyes.
Back in the hideout.

Cybele was in her right hand, the long wand's tip touching the floor, and glowing a soft, encouraging pink.

(I'll finish this later, gotta go to class XD gym, woot)

Lighteria
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Lighteria » Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:04 am

"Alright Kit... You'd better get down." Lighteria says, letting the kitten jump from his arms to the ground.

"Mew, meow meow mew. Mew rowr meow meow. (Hey, you'd better be careful. You're not very focused.)" Kit replies, looking up to him worriedly.

"...I'll be alright..." He says quietly, his right heel jerking for a moment as he pushes off towards the enemy. The Valkerie he targets, concentrating on the other rushing players for the moment, doesn't look his way for the first second and only turns toward him when he enters striking distance.

It was snowing on that field too...

The valkerie's scowl shows just below the opening in its battle helmet and it quickly grabs the opposite end of its spear to swipe at the twinblade.

We fought these there too... I remember it clearly...

The giant spear head sails through the air, cutting like the wind in a horizontal arc. Lighteria though, flicks his heels and leaps, tucking his legs in allowing for the attack to sail past his toes, leaving the monster open. The valkerie gasps as Lighteria grits his teeth in anger, letting on of his legs uncoil and strike straight at its head.

These are higher level... but they're basically the same...

The monster reels for a moment, letting Lighteria land at its back. He quickly draws his master blade from his belt and swipes at the valkerie's back as it recovers from the blow. It gasps and growls, leaping forward and whipping around to face him finally. It growls and thrusts its spear at the twinblade, going for his gut.

I beat them with his help last time...

Again he leaps in the air, his feet landing on the pole of the spear. The valkerie blinks, leaning forward from the sudden shift in weight, letting Lighteria leap off the pole and plant his feet on its face while it leans forward. A resounding smack echoes as the two collide and the speared warrior is thrown backwards from the blow, Lighteria leaping gracefully to the side, re-sheathing his master blade.

But I'll do this on my own this time.

Lighteria turns his head towards the valkerie as it becomes encased in a blue glow, another valkerie having cast repth on its partner. It smirks at the twinblade and again charges, bringing its spear backwards for a wide swipe. "...That's the one..." Lighteria says, rushing towards the warrior as they rush each other. The valkerie lets out a cry and swings the instant Lighteria comes within striking distance. Lighteria takes a breath and ducks his body backwards, letting the spear head graze his chest as it sails over him. He trembles for a second as warm blood trickles down from his chest, letting a gasp escape from his lips.

Ah- ...It hurts-!

He gasps and yells out , straightening his body out and whipping his blades from his belt as the valkerie finishes its arced swipe. It blinks as the twin blade sends both his blades towards the pole of the spear, the weapons latching onto the pole with a loud clang. For a second it gasps and Lighteria grits his teeth, glaring into its eyes through the visor in its helmet. With a loud scrape Lighteria slides his blades down the spear pole in both directions, plunging the blades into the monster's hands, the tips drilling through its lightly armored palms. It yells out, its spear dropping into the ice and snow as it looses the use of its hands. Lighteria smirks and extracts the blades from the creatures hands and slides them into his belt, picking the spear up from the ground.

I wonder...

He yells out and leaps forward, planting a solid jump kick into the valkerie's torso, sending it crashing to the ground. Twirling the spear around in his hands Lighteria falls from the air, aiming the tip down to the grounded warrior. It doesn't have even the time to gasp before the spear head is lodged directly in its neck, the spear tip reaching all the way down to the icy ground, completely impaling the valkerie to the ground. For a few seconds it heaves and gags before it fades into nothing.

"...Kit..." Lighteria asks as the kitten rushes back to his side. "Do they feel pain too?"

"Mew. (No.)" She replies. "Mew meow meow... ROWR!. (They're just AI. ... LOOK OUT!)"

Lighteria blinks and gasps, just barely having enough time to dodge the dozens of ice spikes that had formed around him. He mutters something 'heartlessness' and snaps out of his introspection to see the water witch who had struck.

((OCC: Valkerie down.))
Lv. 37 Twin Blade (180 SP)
Weapon: Rashou (Thunder Coil- 30, Suvi Lei- 20, Mumyn Lei- 30) (Life Drain)
Armor: Holy Tree Mail (Juk Kruz- 20) - Scarab Earring (La Repth- 20, Rip Maen- 40) - Time Sandals (Ap Do- 15) - Forest Gloves (Juk Kruz- 20)
GP: 14384

Wish list (In order of priority): Angel halo accessory, chibi angel wings, Bone Armor, Professional

Lighteria: "Obsessively updating my profile since Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:10 pm"

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:49 am

Nighthand’s old fighting styles began to come back, bit by bit, as he battled the Titan with Asgard at his side. It brought back memories of the old days, when he didn’t have all his special powers, his hacks, or anything.

His death bringer was more effective the second time, once Asgard’s bane had taken effect. Recovering from the first attack, he quickly came up in another slash, back down, then leapt to the side as the creatures massive iron-clad fist slammed into the ice where he had been.

Struck with a sudden idea, Nighthand charged up the creatures arm. When it grew steep enough, up closer to the shoulder, the heavy blade dug in his sword and flipped up onto the creature’s massive neck, dragging his sword up with him.

Nighthand looked down from the almost staggering height at the tiny figure rushing for the titan that was Asgard. He waved and shouted at him.

“Asgard, get, your scrawny ass up here!”

The fist fighter looked up, saw where the call had come, and abruptly altered his course. The glow of an Ap Do, undoubtedly cast by Terro, surrounded him. In the middle of his charge he scooped up a very surprised water witch. Once they drew closer, he slammed her into the ground, her feet driving into the hard ice several inches, enough to root her in place. He then ran up her, spring boarding off her shoulders and into the air.

He almost made it.

Just in time he reached out and clutched the lip of the Titan’s chest plate, bounced off its rusted surface, and flipped up onto the beasts other shoulder. So far, it seemed oblivious to their presence.

“Alright, here’s my plan.” Nighthand said to Asgard.

“And it’d better be good for me to be up here.” The fist fighter replied.

“Oh, it is, I think you’ll like it. First, we bash this thing’s skull. It’s likely too damn thick for us to kill it, but when it feels the pain…”

“…it slaps at the bugs.” Asgard predicted.

“Exactly. Have it take itself out, and we move on to the next.”

The Fist fighter nodded, and on a mutual count of three, they both attacked their respective side of the creatures head. Nighthand’s blade drove up to its hilt and Asgard’s flurry of punches gave it quite the headache to complain about.

As predicted, the monster roared and brought its arms up to swat them off. This was when Nighthand realized the one flaw of his plan.

It was a very long way down.

Asgard decided to try it anyways, hopping off its back and doing his best to slide down the monsters back, leaping when he neared the ground and tucking into a roll, saving himself the most of the damage from the fall.

Nighthand took the opposite route; he went up. He climbed up onto the monster’s head, perching on its skull. Just before the armored fists struck, he leapt again. The creature successfully bashed in its own skull and stood, lifeless, for a brief moment.

Nighthand landed in the now-pulverized head, managing against all odds to not step in brain-goo, hopped lightly to the shoulder, and waited.

The monster fell.

Nighthand rode it down, leaping lightly as it impacted to come to a rest on the ice. It was altogether flashy, stylish, and dumb. Dumb, because he neglected the now-free water witch Asgard had hurt.

It, however, hadn’t forgotten him. Nighthand didn’t notice the water spell forming around him until it was too late to dodge.

On instinct, he reached out for the energies, against his previous desire to not use his powers. He pulled, twisted, and shot the energy to the center of the battlefield.

Unfortunately, this was in the center of everyone.

Fortunately, it wasn’t going to HIT anyone.

Nighthand!

Nighthand didn’t need the shout of his companion to notice what happened. The spell altered as it struck the ground. But not in a way that was now-familiar, the way the twilight messed with his hack. No, it was as if something, almost like Gingitsune’s Light element, had infused itself with the spell just before it struck.

He had an instant to ponder what it might have been, before it went off and he knew.

The area was suddenly filled with a blinding light, and a deafening noise. It was like the old weapons of war nicknamed Flash bangs, only a dozen times more intense. Nighthand was knocked to the ground, blinded, deafened, and senseless all in one blow.

Nor was he the only one. It seemed to have effected everyone equally.

Nighthand sat up from the cold ice, shaking his head to clear it. Around him, the others were doing the same. The monsters were all gone, decimated or destroyed by whatever had happened so suddenly.

But something was off. Something was different than it had been before. Immediately Nighthand sought to query Silverblade, when he realized what it was. His head felt empty. Silverblade was gone.

Shard was no longer stuck in tattoo form on his chest. Instead, he was standing, quite bewildered, a foot to the side.

“Shard?”

Sorry, master. During whatever happened, I was forced from my hiding form. And it seems I can no longer return to it.

“Well, that answers two questions. You don’t know what happened, and something is very wrong.”

Those don’t seem much like answers.

“You’re right…” Nighthand tried to gate out of the field. “It’ll be better to ponder from the hide—uh oh.”

“Uh oh what?” Asgard asked, walking up beside him.

“Can’t gate out. We’re locked in.”

Nighthand reached into his satchel and pulled out a scroll, trying to pull energy from it without setting off the scroll. It didn’t go off, but neither could he pull the energy from it. He tucked it back away.

“And my powers are gone. And so, I’m guessing, are the rest of yours. And something tells me the only answer is in the bottom of the dungeon.”

“How do you figure?”

Nighthand pointed behind the fist fighter. There, looming above them was the dungeon. It hadn’t been next to them when they were battling, but there it was, its gate open for them.

(OOC: Alright, battle’s over… Since a lot of you weren’t… enthused, about this quest, now you have reason to be. A few specifications. Pets are fine, but they don’t know what happened. Cybelle’s “spirit”, as well as the momo’s and any other sentient weapon’s are in the same position as the pets. All hacks and special powers are dead, save Cybelle for reasons that may or may not be revealed. The field cannot be left, but it CAN be entered, so anyone coming in late will be able to join us, though they’ll have the same problems. [that means you Gingi])

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Sat Jan 08, 2005 2:56 am

Phoenix arrived at the field of the keywords “Blessed Normal Resurrection”. It was an icy field which he took a liking to since he was a winter type of guy. Nice choice of field for the irony of the keywords. He expected a response from his guardian, Suzaku but she was left home to recover. Also, he assumed that they were going to a regular field. He welcomed this change of pace from fighting the hacker elite. Phoenix thought the group was actually going to do a regular adventure like most of the normal players of the World. He did not have a normal quest for the longest time. Even before Phoenix became infected with the Twilight, his last quests were not on the status quo. I will not use my powers during this quest. If this going to be a regular quest, I should not use any unnatural advantages. Eventhough he thought that, the half gravity field he was subjected to was still in play. Phoenix could alter his own field to normal gravity but he could not maintain it for a long period of time without feeling pain. A shiver went down his spine when he thought about the pain from his powers. The last time he used his powers caused tremendous amount of pain as he was forced to kill Asgard through the controlling of Xenobia.

Phoenix heard the familiar sound of a monster portal opening up. He did not know which sword he should used as he recently acquired three new swords. He waited for the monsters to appear before taking out a sword. The monsters that appear from the portal were three Fresh Valkyries, two Water Witches, and two Ironball Titans. The Titans are tough on their own but more dangerous with the Valkyries and Witches around. I feel taking out a witch.

Phoenix drew out the Menhir Sword which contained the skill of Vak Crack. He thought that the choice of sword was a little bit of overkill but he wanted to test its power. Phoenix began to head towards one of the Water Witches but he was running into a Rue Rom. He realized the spell was forming but he could not stop on command and became caught within the icy tornado. It’s easy to hide the strength of my powers but weaknesses want to get caught so badly. He felt the pieces of ice impacted him with great velocity. Feels like I’m being stoned to death but the villagers added a touch of cold to their rocks. He then noticed some icicles were about to be converging at the center of the tornado. A combo of Rue Rom and Kruz. Well, it’s time to use Mr. Reliable.

Mr. Reliable was Phoenix’s use of the Rom spell. He used the spell as a shield to protect himself or others but there was some pain involve in it. “VAK ROM!” The spell was targeted around Phoenix and it fighting with the Rue Rom for control. The pellets of ice that were hitting him were stopped as the Rue Rom was trying to survive. The spells created steam which was a good smoke screen for Phoenix to escape the Rue Kruz spell. He managed to dive under the converging icicles at the second. The icicles were now a big pile of ice which dropped and almost crushed Phoenix’s leg.

Phoenix got back up and was breathing heavily which showed up from the cold air. He continued his charge at the Water Witch which was still standing and watching the success of the attack. The steam screen was still around the area so that the witch could not tell the blademaster was. Phoenix managed to sneak up on her and began his attack on the Witch. “VAK CRACK!” The attack caused him to jump into the air and fire began to surround the Menhir Sword. At the high point of his jump, he was about to swing his sword but he realized that he was going down at a slower rate. It was almost like floating but it was not the time for Phoenix to float down. I guess I have to use my power for a bit. He altered his gravity to normal gravity which increase the speed of his descent. He swung the sword furious on the witch which went through her head and continued down on the body. The attack immediately registered as a critical hit and the witch disappeared from the field.

As Phoenix killed the Water Witch, a very blinding light came over the field. He was immediately knocked to the ground along with his senses. After a minute or two, Phoenix regained his senses but noticed odd right off the bat as he tried to pick up his sword. Why my sword heavier all the sudden along with my body? Then he tried to alter the gravity along the sword but he could not see the gravity field. It seems that my powers have disappeared temporary. I wonder if that flash of light had to do something with it. It could be that our powers acted as a buffer to protect us from the light.

Phoenix picked up his sword and sheaved it into its holster. He slowly got right back up and heard that the others had lost their powers as well along with the inability to leave the field. Suddenly, he saw the dungeon which he remembered that it was not there when they first arrived here. At that moment, he went up to Nighthand and said, “I wonder if our hacks protected us from the light. If they did, they probably need to regenerate before we can use them again but main problem is getting out of here. With this dungeon suddenly appearing, someone or something does not want us to leave here. It probably a trap but I don’t really want to freeze to death. So, let’s get going.”

Phoenix began walking towards the dungeon and thinking. This adventure just went from being normal to freaky in one second flat. Now, it is like the old days but still able to feel pain. Maybe I should have brought Suzaku along after all. He reached the front of the gate and waiting for the others as he was thinking on the possible dangers that awaited them.

(OOC: I felt that I needed to contribute to the battle by killing a Water Witch.)
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Wish List: Phoenix's Fire, Gold Necklace
EX-Spheres: LV 3 - Overdrive, LV 3 - Curative, LV 3 - Elemental Breath

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:57 am

OOC: Sorry for the delay, been busy with the ordering a new compy for me and what not. Post it up! 8)

When she had first appeared on the field, Hijinx was in a mood of pure delight. When she found out it was an ice field she became even happier, which only improved upon the discovery of not one, but two pairs of ice skates in her pocket, along with varying winter gear she had come to posess by means yet unknown. As the others went off to their battle, the rabbit went about the lengthy business of putting on her joyful attire. When she was done she had on a pair of bright black skates, in addition to some other odd clothes. Covering her ears was a foot long pointed hat with a dark red ball on the end; it had dark green and red stripes that ran horizontal. There was also the matter of the bright yellow scarf, which fluttered in the breeze in front of her, catching the wind along with the hat, which seemed to follow suit. To tip this all off there was of course only one proper thing: A huge smile and a cheerful "Yahooooooooooo!" from the creature, which was unfortunately cut off by a bang and a flash of white.

Tossed a fair ways into a snowbank, hijinx felt another stab of pain in her head. Something was supposed to have happened then and there, she could feel it along with a horifficly painful surge of something through her body before she felt the world go blank arond her. She awoke later to find herself in the same hill of chilly goodness without a clue. The others were getting up too, pheonix looking even more bothersomely bored and unpleasant and nighthand looking around like a lost child. Rolling over on her stomach, the twinblade burrowed under the snow and tunneled behind pheonix. Popping out of the fluffy frozen water she hooked both of her index fingers on the sides of his mouth.

"Don't look so gloomy all the time, or I'll have to paint you a more cheerful color!" she beemed from behind him. With whiplike speed she had removed her fingers and was skating around him, holding his arm and spinning him faster on the icy surface. Letting go suddenly she held her chin between her thumb and index finger, thinking of a reason for pheonix to act so mopey. Snapping her other fingers she whistled; urbosh answering pleasantly and speedily. Hopping out of the players pocket, he looked up at her with curiosity and followed her now pointing finger and grin.

"Urbosh, everyone else has a pet but him right now! Go help pheonix for now, okay?" she ordered in a sing song voice. Forming a shape almost like a tear drop, the blob extended a part of itself outwards and saluted. Then it quickly dove towards the blademaster, wasting no time to get inside his armor and latch on to him.

Giggling excitedly, the rabbit headed for the cave, jumping down the stairs with a shout.
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."

Reinier
Awakened Player

Post by Reinier » Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:44 pm

“Damned!?” Ryok said in the distance. It had been true though, it seemed they had been damned. Being stuck in a video game seemed to be the very last thing that Reinier had to worry about, because it had always seemed impossible. He sat down behind Gingi and watched as Asgard, Nighthand, then soon after Ryok, leave the hide out. He sighed and wondered what he could do.

What do I do? Do I follow that psychotic man Nighthand? And Nall… what the hell is up with that guy…? He promised me a rare damnit! Oh well… I could count my loses and just leave, but that puts me in a bad place seeing as how I’m in a coma… one wrong move and I die. And for some reason I don’t think I’d live a second time… I don’t know what to do…

Go with Nighthand. He’s experienced in being a coma, being a member of this new reality. Only you can make the decision, but I’ll always be here to give you advice, and try to help point you in the right direction. So, my two cents is to stay with Night, Gingi, and the rest of these poor souls.

I suppose you’re right… but I mean… I just don’t know. I’ll have to think on this one.

With his thoughts still in disarray, he heard the small chime of a Flashmail coming in.

To: Reinier

Hello Reinier,
Our records indicate that you have items waiting for you in the Theta Trade Center. Please come as soon as possible to pick them up.

Thank you for playing The World!

Reinier sighed and closed the message. He wanted to log out of the game and just go to sleep in his nice comfortable bed, but he knew that would be impossible now. His back suddenly began to hurt, as he could feel his dragon wings start to flutter. He looked back and saw that they had began glowing, and floating off his back. The dragon emerged from his back, and hovered behind him, staring in to Reinier’s eyes.

Let’s go grab your items. Who knows, they may need the group idiot.

I think Hijinx is already at the field…

Never speak again.

The dragon dropped down to the ground, and inched closer to Reinier. “Hop on, I won’t drop you this early in my plans,” the dragon spoke.

Reinier chuckled a bit, and placed his hands on the dragon’s neck. He shoved his hands downwards, and threw his leg over the dragon, and shifted around a bit until he found a comfortable position. With a few massive pumps of the dragon’s wings, the duo flew high up in to the air, and began towards their destination of the trade center.

After a few minutes of awkward silence, they arrived at the Trade Center. The dragon landed and hid once more on Reinier’s back in the form of wings. He walked up to the counter and asked if any items were here for him. The clerk sighed and plopped down four items: a Nodachi, Byakuen, and a Devil's Blade, three Heavy Blade katanas, and Thor’s Spiked Gloves, rare lightning armor.

Reinier immediately slipped the gloves on his hands, and somehow willed the katanas to disappear in to his stocks for later when he may need them, minus the Nodachi, which he placed in a chain that hung from the back of his pant’s belt loop. The angled sword was almost completely hidden from sight, minus the long tip that shone under his jacket.

Reinier turned to his left and saw the Chaos Gate. Nighthand and company already left, so it seemed that Reinier would be a tad late to the beginning of the party. Reinier began to walk off towards the gate when the clerk yelled, “Hey jerk! You forgot a sword!” He began to turn, when all of a sudden a massive Defense sword sliced the bone below his knee, and plunged down in to the ground. Reinier let out a scream of pain, and fell to the ground clutching his leg.

Pain. The worst part of being a citizen in The World. “Repth…” He managed to mutter. A blue aura fluttered out of his hands and wrapped itself around his leg, healing the wound. He felt the immense urge to go and shove the Defense Sword down the clerks throat, but it wouldn’t solve anything but make Reinier feel happy for himself. He sighed and came to his feet, wiping off the blade the sword with his jacket sleeve. He picked up the sword and sheathed it on his back, and continued towards the Gate.

Blessed Normal Resurrection. That’s where the group is.

How do you know that…?

Don’t question me numb nuts.

Asshole.

Reinier called out the keywords, and watched as three rings fell over his body. He found himself in the middle of a battle field, and the players winning. Next thing he knew, everything grew very, very white.

Hell no… I better not be dead again…

If you were dead, how could you be thinking you dumbass?

TOLD!

The light subsided, and now Reinier could fully get the gist of the field. He stood ankle deep in a chilling snow, with everyone around him questioning what happened. He looked to his right to see his dragon, Tiamat, in normal form. “What did you do?” Reinier said sarcastically.

Shut up stupid, go over and listen in on what Nighthand’s saying, he always knows what’s going on,” the equally sarcastic dragon said. Reinier took his advice and walked over to Night, and before one question could escape his lips, Nighthand had began talking to himself.

It’ll be better to ponder from the hide—uh oh.

Yay, an uh oh, we’re screwed.

Can’t log out. We’re locked in,” Nighthand said. He reached in to a small satchel, and tried to do something to it. Most likely his hacks that seemed to do more harm then good. “And my powers are gone. And so, I’m guessing, are the rest of yours. And something tells me the only answer is in the bottom of the dungeon,” he said.

Reinier, wondering if it was just Nighthand’s problem, pulled the gem from his necklace and pulled out his Green Sword handle. He tried to fuse the two together to create his swords, but no dice.

Way to suck. Don’t you ever listen? If he can’t use his hacks, then what makes you think you can use yours?” The dragon spoke. He had a point. Reinier waited for some commentary from the evil lightning sword, but nothing. The sword didn’t speak.

“YES! THE VOICES ARE GONE!” Reinier yelled, jumping up and throwing his right fist in the air. He stood there, his fist in the air, realizing what he just said. He gulped, and said, “Um… I agree with Night, let’s go to the dungeon… I’ll shut up now…” He lowered his fist and slowly inched behind his dragon, hoping he could go invisible. Needless to say, that didn’t happen either.
Reinier's Wishlist: Sakabatou|Sharktooth
Abraxas' Wishlist: Complementry|Summon
The Hack's Wishlist: Wall lvl 2

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:49 am

Nighthand stood and followed the others, into the depths of what SHOULD have been the dungeon of a perfectly normal field. Too bad it hadn’t worked out that way. Nighthand would have enjoyed the change.

Instead he was forced to fight at, effectively, less than half his power. Less than half his self. It was almost terrifying.

As the group moved on, there was little chatter. Hijinx skipped off ahead, her usual perky self, though something seemed almost off about her… Nighthand shrugged, and kept walking.

Thus far, the whole first floor of the dungeon had been empty. Not even grunty food or breakables littered the grounds. The only sound was that of their footsteps. The rest was eerily silent.

Soon enough, the group came upon the first staircase. Instead of leading down, however, it led up.

It seemed they were to climb a tower.

Hijinx of course was the first to skip up the stairs, This time with Nighthand following. He took the stairs two at a time.

At the top was a large, open room. In the center floated a portal, identical to any other. But there was something in the air, something that made the room feel off, somehow.

Nighthand took a few steps, ready to activate the portal. He felt the ground off to the side shake, and turned to see a bemused Hijinx stepping on a sunken floor tile.

A series of thuds began to echo from the far end of the room. As they drew nearer, they drew louder. Nighthand drew his sword, preparing for whatever it might be.

It wasn’t a monster, however. All around the room, in a seemingly random pattern, floor plates fell away. One opened right under Nighthand. He had to leap to keep from falling. He glanced down.

Spikes.

All the floor panels that had fallen revealed spiked traps.

“This should make it interesting…” Nighthand muttered.

In front of them, unbidden, the portal began to open. It spun and spun, finally revealing what monsters were there.

In front, in ranks, floated a full dozen Cyclo Sharks. Nighthand recognized them from a long-passed quest with someone, Angelus was his name. They had fought the floating sharks before. He knew they were lower level, but their numbers gave him pause.

Behind them rested one massive Scorpion Tank. It wasn’t so much of a threat, it didn’t seem, being lower level, but its mass could easily push them into traps that its size would let it ignore.

Nighthand sheathed his Life sword and drew his Magnifier. The fire blade had been well-used, first by Asgard, then himself, and it would see more use today.

“Careful not to let them lure you into the spikes! But other than that, we should be fine, right?” Nighthand tried to sound cheery, and was surprised himself when he was.

The Sharks began to converge on them.

(Alright, battle time. Spiked traps in holes in the floor, you fall in, you’re pretty much doomed. Cyclo sharks being everyone’s favorite water beast, they shouldn’t pose TOO much a threat, but there ARE 12 of them. The scorpion tank is lower level than the sharks, but still powerful… Sorry for the lackluster post, and delay, got sidetracked by college starting up again. Well, what are you waiting for? Have at them! Oh, and try to keep a running count of how many monsters are left, it’d be helpful with this many.)

Hacorie
Ikkitousen

Post by Hacorie » Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:06 am

With the emptiness in his head, Hac felt alone, yet comforting. No voices were to make cynical remarks at him, and also there was not one to ‘rawr’ at him when he did things wrong. Now though, Hac had lost communication. He had only himself to talk to. Zoning out, he just followed the feet of the characters in front of him as they all seemed to follow behind whoever was in front of them. His new powers were no more. Although he had not had them long, Hac had already grown fond of the challenge they sent upon him. He was never the kind to take the easy way out, he always took the hard way no matter what consequences they led to. If death were to be this one, he would accept it easily.

Fate is behind everything...

With that small thought, Hac felt himself going up some stairs, and as he stopped he saw the tiles around him begin to disappear. Everyone was all around the floor with Nighthand in the middle of them all. Hac was stranded on a lone tile with a pace next to him on all sides. To the north of him, two tiles, was another tile. The same was as on the right. These were the only tiles he saw that were near him and that he could reach. A Cyclo Shark guarded the one to the north, and the one to the east was empty. If Hac jumped to the east, he would surely be viciously attacked by another shark, or miss the tile completely. If he were to stand still, he would easily be surrounded.

Withdrawing the Blessed Blade he had newly acquired, Hac pointed at the Cyclo Shark in front of him and yelled a spell in his mind. “Rue Rom!” A tornado of ice sickles came from the top of the room, Hac gazed on as the ‘immune symbol’ popped up. He had no way to stop the monsters now, unless they came close enough for a fire attack. The Heavy Blade would not risk it though since he could easily lose balance and fall in the spikes below. He had only one idea. Contemplating it in his head, Hac started sending a Flashmail to all his partners that were in the quest.

Flashmail:
To: All People in this room.

I have no way to kill the sharks. It is immune to Water. So if I could have a little help here it would be appreciated. In return I will get rid of the Scorpion Tank. Though it would not take much, It is the only thing I can do from here. I may not be well known or liked, but I would like to survive ^^

End Flashmail

Because of his muteness, Hac could not speak to them to yell for help so this Flashmail was his last resort. He then quickly turned his body 180 degrees to the side at where the Scorpion Tank was. Pointing another finger at it, he thought of another spell. As the spell was in his mind, he heard it echo throughout his mind. Nothing was there to catch it and listen. Hac was weirder by this, but then concentrated on the spell harder. As the spell left his hands an emblem on the ground surrounded the Scorpion Tank.

Ice shards began to spin around the tank as they slowly converged inward. They then all separated in a small moment, and retracted right back on the monster. With the BL Yokohama, and Water magic, the spell’s power was tremendously increased. Adding this to all his armor and weapon stats, boost the spell had the power to take out an elephant. Over half the life of the monster shot down from its full bar of health.

Quickly thinking, Hac tried thinking of another spell he had, but he was quickly hit by ice sickles. More and more pounded him, it was two spells worth. Around him, two Cyclo Sharks had enclosed on his position and started their attacks with spells. Since they were water, they hurt Hac very little, but still enough to do a little damage that was noticeable. Come on, help me out!
Hacorie
Level 36 Heavy Blade
Gold: 21237

Equips
Oceanic Aura/Sharktooth-Ice Helm-Winter Coat-
Shiva's Rings-Bondage Pants
---Water Magic, BL Yokohama

Wishlist:
Level Meh Up
Weapons: Sakabatou/Rock n Roll/Peace Blade
Body: Knight's Armor
Other: Earthlore/Feng Shui
--------Water/Earth Scrolls

Lighteria
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Lighteria » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:38 am

Nighthand had seemingly become the leader of the expedition, not that Lighteria minded. He certainly seemed to know what he was doing.

Everyone's acting like they've lost their strength, it's really weird. I sure don't feel any different. Maybe it's something I haven't experienced yet? But everyone seemed to feel the effects at the same time, why not me? ...
...Meh, best not think about it too hard. We've got more important things to worry about... ...like not being about to Gate Out to the town. What was up with that anyway? I mean, it's bad enough not being about to LOG out of the game, buit now stuck in a field? Oh man, that'll just plain drive me nuts. we have GOT to get back out of here somehow... ...Gah, this can't be normal, can it? Hackers can't just go around closing fields, they'd get caught. It'd be too risky to just close every field we come to, they'd be found out eventually....
Hmmm... ...Maybe we weren't locked in the field at all... Perhaps we were put into a dungeon room that LOOKS like a field... That would explain why the dungeon stairs lead up instead of down... ....
...but if someone put us on the bottom floor of the dungeon...

"Mew mew meow meow mew mew. (Then they probably trapped the whole thing.)" Kit says, resting on his shoulder. Lighteria blinks and grabs her chin, turning her face to his so he sees his serious, glaring eyes.

"You can read my thoughts?" He says darkly, a tiny sweat drop falling down the back of Kit's head.

"Meeww... Mweh mweh... Mew mew meow mew mew. (Errr... heh heh... It just happened after that light flash.)" She says with a nervous smile, Lighteria still glaring at her. "Mew mew meow mew mew! (I'm sure it's only temporary!)"

Lighteria shudders and turns his head back to the group as they enter the next room. "I at LEAST like to think my THOUGHTS are private." He says to the kitten, walking up to the magic portal behind nighthand. Before he realizes it, the floor starts giving way, revealing a spiked floor. He stumbles for a second on a loose tile but sidesteps to a stable one before it collapses. The twinblade swallows and glares. "Find a safe spot Kit!" Lighteria says, shifting his shoulder to allow the kitten to leap to the ground.

"Ap Mewma! (Ap Corma!)" Kit shouts, surrounding Lighteria and most everyone nearby with an aura of boosted magic. The twinblade blinks and looks to Kit, who just shrugs and bounces past the collapsed tiles to a safe place in the corner.

"We must have a talk about these abilities of yours Kit." He says quietly, heeding the new flashmail that has just popped up. He blinks to see Hacorie standing in between a few spike puts and even worse, in between a few sharks. He gasps and starts leaping away from the oncoming group of sharks to find a good spell casting spot, all the while, pulling his new blades, Yosetu & Fuyou, from his item pouch.

Alright, let's see what you two have gott...

He says, shaking his head at his own joke. "Vak Rom!" He shouts, a sudden tornado of flames rising from under the sharks soft underbellies. The fishy menaces in front of Hac ignite, being inherently weak against fire. The effects of Ap Corma also boosting the spell's power. One of the sharks squeals out from pain, the one Lighteria chose as the primary target, and flops to the ground giving off a vague stench of sushi. The other three caught by the spell appear to be charred and heavily damaged. The twinblade smiles but quickly frowns seeing the other eight still healthy.

....Man, this is gonna be a pain.

((OCC: 1 shark killed, three others heavily damaged. Anyone that was near me now has the effects of Ap Corma (Magic Attack Up) on them.))
Lv. 37 Twin Blade (180 SP)
Weapon: Rashou (Thunder Coil- 30, Suvi Lei- 20, Mumyn Lei- 30) (Life Drain)
Armor: Holy Tree Mail (Juk Kruz- 20) - Scarab Earring (La Repth- 20, Rip Maen- 40) - Time Sandals (Ap Do- 15) - Forest Gloves (Juk Kruz- 20)
GP: 14384

Wish list (In order of priority): Angel halo accessory, chibi angel wings, Bone Armor, Professional

Lighteria: "Obsessively updating my profile since Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:10 pm"

Reinier
Awakened Player

Post by Reinier » Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:04 am

Reinier followed the group with Nighthand on his left, and Tiamat on his right. He wondered what they thought of his little outburst, but something else bothered him a bit.

That was the third room we’ve gone through… yet no battles… call me crazy, but that’s a bit odd.

No response from the sword. Something major must have happened to shut up that spastic sword.

Even if you can’t use your hacks, or your favorite sword can’t bad mouth you, you’re still a warrior. That means no matter what happens, you’re still going to have to fight with what you have. And currently, your strongest asset is… me.

I’m glad you can invade my privacy and read my thoughts, that comes in very handy.

The group came to a massive staircase leading upwards, something odd for The World. But after the past adventure he had gone through, this didn’t seem to phase him much. Going comatose, gaining two extraordinary weapons, constantly being mocked by a possessed sword… all of this seemed outrageously strange compared to a staircase leading upwards.

Reinier hopped on the back of his dragon, dug his heels in to its’ side, and muttered, “Giddy up boy.”

If you want to keep your legs, I’d suggest you never, ever, say that again.

The players all climbed the stairs, with Reinier taking the back, while riding on his dragon. Very handy for the lazy player. The hallway the staircase rested in extended side to side large enough for the dragon to stretch out its’ wings a bit and fly up the staircase, instead of having to walk. The group entered in to a massive room, with a portal looming in the middle. First battle, and they were on the second floor. Very odd indeed.

The dragon touched down on the ground, and slowly walked to the outside of the group to get a good view of the monsters which would appear soon.

Thud…

Crash…

Shatter…

Bad falling noises…

A floor tile dropped out from under Tiamat’s left leg, causing him to jolt forward suddenly. Another tile fell in front of the previous one, causing an odd gap. With the sudden jerk, Reinier rolled forward, over the dragon’s neck, and began to flip forwards in to the hole. The dragon let out a roar and grabbed Reinier’s leg in his mighty fangs. Reinier dangled from the dragon’s mouth, his jacket slipping off his arms and falling in to the void. Reinier peered down, and watched as his favorite jacket slowly drifted down in to a massive bed of spikes.

Anytime you wanna pull me up would be fine by me…” Reinier managed to say up to his pet.

Anytime you wanna lose weight would be fine by me,” Tiamat snarled out. He snapped his neck backwards, flinging Reinier in to the air backwards, making him land back on Tiamat’s neck once more. He took a couple steps back, cautious of anymore fallen tiles, and looked up to see the monster’s had taken a form. A school of twelve Cyclo Sharks had formed, accompanied by a Scorpion Tank in the background. “Water elements… cast Ap Vakz on me, now,” his “pet” demanded.

Pushy… fine… Ap Vakz!” Reinier called out. The crest of the powering spell appeared above the dragon, increasing its’ fire elemental attacks. The duo flew over to the group, and landed in time to hear Nighthand call out, “Careful not to let them lure you into the spikes! But other than that, we should be fine, right?”

Gasp… the elected group pessimist sounded cheery… surprising.

Shut up stupid.

Stop listening to that God-forsaken sword damnit…

The dragon continued to hover, while the other players re-equipped and got ready for the battle ahead. He could hear Lighteria’s pet cast “Ap Mewma” on everyone near by, including the dragon and its’ owner, increasing their magic attack. Reinier watched as Light attacked a couple sharks using fire magic, and knew that he’d have to do the same thing.

Light’s attack damaged a few other monster’s around it, so those would be the ones he’d have to go after. Without Reinier having to say a word, Tiamat roared, “Vak Rom!” The primary target of the Vak Rom, a shark Light had damaged, had been completely charred to a crisp, due to the help of an elemental boost of painage.

Cast Ap Corv on me.

Oh yes sum masa, yous wants me to fetch your socks too? Ap Corv!” The dragon muttered sarcastically. The crest of the strength spell engraved itself on to Reinier’s weapon, powering up his attacks. Reinier hopped up on the dragon’s back, crouched down in a ready to slice position, and jabbed his back heel in to the dragon’s spine.

He growled a bit, and bolted forwards towards a Cyclo Shark. Reinier leaped forward, as the dragon did a summersault, and began landing towards a shark. “Hayabusa!” He yelled, drawing out his sword. He threw out his sword, slicing right down the back of the shark. A crimson pool of blood soon spilled down to the floor, as the shark screamed in pain. The dragon finished its’ summersault, and descended upon the shark. With a few bites, the shark fell to the ground, and burst in to junk data.

Flicking the blood off his sword, Reinier ran back to his dragon and hopped back on its’ back. The dragon pulled back from the front lines and landed next to Nighthand.

This place’ll be safe while I recharge SP. Saving your ass takes it out of ya, y’know?

You are so lazy…

Reinier dismounted his dragon, and watched as he took the form of mini dragon wings once more, upon Reinier’s back. He jogged up to Nighthand and said, “Okay… I took out two of’em… I’ll just hang back here with you for awhile, okay?” He gulped and pulled out his Defense sword. He missed his nice blue jacket. He just felt so… weird now. He would have to get some new clothes from his closet next time they went to the Delta server.

… Middle of a battle, and you’re thinking of clothes? You are such a woman.

I hate you.

((OOC: Horrible post >_<;;; Two sharks burninated))
Reinier's Wishlist: Sakabatou|Sharktooth
Abraxas' Wishlist: Complementry|Summon
The Hack's Wishlist: Wall lvl 2

Asgard
Exalted Player

Post by Asgard » Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:10 am

"Boost me, Terro!"

The cyclo sharks weaved forward, their immunity to gravity keeping them from falling into the pits. If they resembled the manta rays from the outer world, then they should provide a firm enough ground to walk along. This is going to be a bit tricky. Asgard looked to the ground around him to notice that, even inside the dungeon, the floors looked a little bit iced, just the added kick to send adventurers to their death.

The Fist Fighter looked over his shoulder to see Nighthand unsheathing his Magnifier. For a brief moment, good times of being a Heavy Blade revived in his mind. Only for a second, as Asgard posed a question to the blademage. "Nighthand, is this a hacked field? Did someone give you this address?"

Nighthand looked back at him quizzically for a moment. "No...I just put in random keywords. It was SUPPOSED to be normal. I...really don't know what's going on." Asgard looked a little bit miffed at what Nighthand said. There were instances where the designers openly admitted that they souped up areas in "The World". But he NEVER heard of a field filled with deadly traps of this caliber. Either this was a challenge the makers put in, or something else altogether...

His train of thought came to halt at the station, as "Ap Corv!" and "Ap Do!" was summoned from Terro's beak. The feeling of augmented strength and inhuman speed. "Alright. I'll take the four bunched on the left side of the room. Terro-" Just as he started talking, he realized that there was a piece of tough writing material in his hand. Another flashmail had entered his life. He opened the parchment and began reading the message in his mind.

I have no way to kill the sharks. It is immune to Water. So if I could have a little help here it would be appreciated. In return I will get rid of the Scorpion Tank. Though it would not take much, It is the only thing I can do from here. I may not be well known or liked, but I would like to survive ^^

End Flashmail

Neutral has no rival. Why does he cower at the numbers? Asgard cupped his hands and yelled in Hac's direction, "Hey! Heavy Blade! Don't let them push you around! You're almost twice their level! I bet that blade doesn't even have a kill on it yet!" Realizing that words were not going to slay the amassing Cyclo Sharks, he turned to Terro. "Terro, hug the ceiling and stay out of range. Ap Do and keep an eye on all the players if they get into trouble with the floor traps." With the same parchment that had Hac's message inscribed on, he began writing a message with an oddly glowing finger.

To: Nighthand, Ryok, Hac, Lighteria, Reinier, Hijinx, Phoenix

'Terro' is the word to scream if you're going down the pits.

-Asgard

The Fist Fighter rolled the parchment and with a small shine and a *blip* the message was gone. Now for the- Before he could realign his targets, a blue tail came out of nowhere and lashed Asgard across the face. His head to the side, he grabbed the mark with both hands and cursed silently. Even if he was thirty levels their senior, being stuck in the game still made the attacks hurt. A whip to the face would leave a scar for sure.

"Ow."

Asgard retaliated with a cut cheek. He reached to his satchel strap to find his Nunchaku still locked in place. With one single move, he unleashed them from their brig, his hands lighting aflame at the cast of a spell. To be technical, a physical skill. "Double Mortal Scorcher!" For a moment, his hands burned with white hot fire as he plunged them both straight into the Cyclo Shark's head, the left going first with a haymaker, and the right with a punishing thrust. Even though he only needed one to seal the deal, the second was just for personal enjoyment. The water being screamed slightly before its whole body disintegrated into the data that it was wrought into the world.

Not wasting any time, Asgard leaped at the group of sharks he saw earlier. Pit after pit, he crossed, the backs of the other Cyclo Sharks were solid stepping stones to his feet. With one final leap off of another monster, he landed near the three that hadn't engaged the party just yet. Looking over to his left, he saw that he was a few feet away from one of the spiked pits, one that he should learn to dread. But the warning fell flat as he saw the three monsters swarm him from every side, ready to let loose. Aurae of blue, icy magic emanated from them, as the three casted their only spell, Rue Kruz. The three spells seemed to coalese into a grander looking one, as the ice shards punctured Asgard from every possible side. However, even with its grandeur in appearance, it was still trying too hard. Only doing 100 damage, give or take, to Asgard's 800 max, only made him a bit irritated and ready to deal some damge.

"Time to die!" All of a sudden, the Fist Fighter's tabi shoes were set aflame, the cause being another fire skill in his repetoire. "Ensatsu!" His left foot reached out and touched the rightmost shark and streaked left with a red line following it. The other two sharks were hit as the foot spread across his line of vision and back to the floor. Both feet propelled his body into a hop and his right streaked across the three, dealing another slew of damage to the monsters. His feet landed on the flooring, just as the three monsters disappeared out of existence. Unfortunately for our hero, the icy ground made him slip.

"Shit!" Asgard fell to the floor and hit the ground. It made him ache, the icy ground, but the Fist Fighter was fine. That is, until the ground where his lower half gave way. It opened up, reavealing its true nature as a deathtrap door. Asgard felt gravity pull on his legs. All he could do was roll onto his stomach and grab the slightly warmed edge from where his Ensatsu was set off. Facing the perils below, he called out.

"Ack! Guys? GUYS?" No reply. "HELP! I'm falling over here!" But he couldn't hear any response. Tha's when he realized he couldn't generate speech. He was winded. The instinctive thing to do was to clasp at the stomach, but Asgard knew that he would die if he did.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

OOC: That's four sharks dead. Count em! Four! With 5 left to deal with and the Scorp Tank at half.
This is my non-banner profile. Read at own discretion!
Wishlist (Bolded sections denotate priority, in descending order)
In General: LEVELS
Pet-Related: EX-Levels, [Lv. 2]Overdrive Sphere, [Lv. 2]Ressurect
Armor: Dice Gloves (20 RARE), Golden Turban (42), Saint Cross (41), Protect Ring (41)
Weapons: Master Nunchaku (40 RARE), Three-Section Staff (37),
Items: (None)

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:08 am

As Phoenix was waiting for the others, Hijinx snuck up behind Phoenix and took her index fingers to his mouth. "Don't look so gloomy all the time, or I'll have to paint you a more cheerful color!" said the rabbit. If you tried that, it’s rabbit season. Suddenly, she removed her fingers and began to skate around Phoenix while holding his arm. Phoenix was feeling dizzy from being skated around at such a high speed. Then, she released Phoenix from her grips causing him to skid backwards to the dungeon wall. He hit the wall hard but was not enough to cause him to fall to the ground just only a sharp pain in his back. He turned his attention back to the rabbit as she summoned her pet, Urbosh.

"Urbosh, everyone else has a pet but him right now! Go help Phoenix for now, okay?" said the cheerful Hijinx. Urbosh turned into a tear drop and quickly went into Phoenix’s armor before he had a chance to avoid it. Before Phoenix could demand that Hijinx removed the pet from him, she quickly went into the dungeon. He was about to chase after Hijinx when the others have arrived. Phoenix paced himself with the others as he walked through the first floor of the dungeon. Stupid rabbit and her damn pet. I wonder if she realizes that she has no powers at the moment otherwise she shouldn’t be this cheerful. I know your true nature and one day, I will settle the score between us. Now, only if her pet would leave me now.

The group reached a set of stairs but they went up instead of down. The questions just keep on increasing with no immediate answers in sight. They arrived in a large open room with a portal at the center of the room. Phoenix quickly felt an eerie air to the room. He knew that something was not right. As Nighthand step into the room, the entire room shook to reveal spiked traps laced throughout the room. A dungeon trap? That’s unheard of in a normal field. Then, Phoenix remembered that he did not have his gravity powers because of this field. Soon afterwards, the portal opened up to reveal a dozen Cyclo Sharks and a Scorpion Tank. Water creatures once again. I should brought Suzaku along with me but all… His thought was interrupted by a flashmail.

End Flashmail

That’s what you get for not coming prepare with different elemental spells, Hac. Urbosh, don’t you think that you should protect your mistress? Leave me NOW. The blob did not respond to Phoenix’s request at all. He received a flashmail from Asgard just now.

To: Nighthand, Ryok, Hac, Lighteria, Reinier, Hijinx, Phoenix

'Terro' is the word to scream if you're going down the pits.

-Asgard

Being saved by another pet is something I don’t want at the moment. Phoenix takes out his Menhir Sword as he watched Asgard began to attack the Cyclo Sharks. Phoenix was slightly impressed by Asgard’s fighting style until he suddenly slipped on the floor and almost fell to the spikes. “Guys, I go and save Asgard.” Phoenix said as he began to head towards Asgard’s position. He jumped and ran from each platform avoiding the empty floor tiles. Then he noticed that two sharks were heading towards Asgard’s position. Time to grill up some sharks with some silence. Phoenix whispered out a Vak Rom at one of the approaching sharks. The spell was powerful enough to completely burn the shark.

Phoenix saw the shark was almost at Asgard but he noticed that another shark was casting a Rue Kruz spell at Phoenix. He quickly noticed the spell being formed as the crest appeared on him. Let’s do a leap of faith now “VAK CRACK!” The attack was not directed at the shark who cast the spell but the shark that was closest to Asgard. As Phoenix jumped into the air, the Rue Kruz spell converged into empty air. The sword was enveloped by fiery energy and began to swing down towards the shark. The sword cut the shark into two halves with fire covering both parts of the body. Phoenix landed near the edge of the floor tile and waited until the shark completely disappeared from the room. He turned his attention to Asgard as he tried to find which edge where Asgard was hanging by a thread of his life. He found Asgard after exhausting every possible edge spot. “Asgard, take my hand.” Phoenix said as he extended his arm to the fist fighter.

Asgard took Phoenix’s hand and began to be lifted by Phoenix. Phoenix would have an easier time to pulling up Asgard if he had his enhanced strength but he did not. He finally managed to pull up Asgard with all of his strength and said, “I guess that we are both tried now.” Phoenix began to rest his strength as the others were fighting off the remaining monsters.

(OOC: Two sharks are dead. Three sharks and a tank left.)
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Wish List: Phoenix's Fire, Gold Necklace
EX-Spheres: LV 3 - Overdrive, LV 3 - Curative, LV 3 - Elemental Breath

Hacorie
Ikkitousen

Post by Hacorie » Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:18 am

As the sharks around him were being burned, the Heavy Blade thought of something. His guardian, the Water Faerie Aqualiea, could fly with her dragonfly like wings. Being able to change size from small, to human size could help a bit. Hac just hoped she did not remain speechless as she did earlier. He guessed that she was just awestricken of how they were trapped in another field. Aqualiea, are you still around? I need your help and quick. I must help in this battle, but these water elements actually pose a threat. Please, answer me if you can hear me.

Yes Hac, I can hear just well you know. I do not look that much older than you so my ‘hearing’ is just fine. As your protector, I shall help you. Just tell me what you need me to do.Okay, I am going to jump, and when I start to plummet, I need you to change sizes and take me near everyone else on the platform. This will put me in range to attack the tank before it rams the whole party. It will also give me enough ground to attack a few of the remaining sharks. So do you understand what I need you to do. After this is done, you can go back to my hood. With the silence in his head, Hac hoped the Faerie understood what he wanted her to do. He looked to the side of him as spells began to hit the Sharks and the tile he was standing on. The Heavy Blade then bent his knees slightly and pushed off the tile sideways. As he did, the sharks in front of him were decimated as for a few others as well.

Closing his eyes, the Heavy Blade felt himself getting scared. He did not know whether she would enlarge in time or too late. The faerie was a mystery, and how she operates unknown. All Hac could do is pray that fate had dealt him a nice hand. Two cold hands came under his shoulders and grabbed him. They locked themselves within one another in front of the Heavy Blade’s chest. He was then pulled tightly against the body of Aqualiea. The sound of her wings fluttering behind her made the buzzing sound like a bee or humming bird. The soothing sound suddenly stopped as Hac felt his two feet touch the ground of a tile. This time he was near the rest of the party, or most of them anyway. The Faerie, which stood about 5'5 and and had long blue hair, looked upon the Heavy Blade and made a small smile. With the snap of a finger, and a blue light, the faerie turned into a blue spec and floated back into his hood. Thank you . . .

A rupturing sound occurred as the revving of an engine broke Hac from his thought. The Scorpion Tank looked angry and as it drew closer with squealing tired, Hac lifted up one of his fingers once again. Before he could think a spell though, a crashing sound came at his feet. The sharp and pointed tail of the creature hit right in front of him. It was almost like it was warning him that the next would not miss. That was your mistake. You should have attacked me when you had the chance! Rue Kruz! A blue glow seemed to emanate from his finger as a glyph blasted from it. The glyph quickly hit the ground as it was blasted and shot straight toward the monster. As it was trying to pull its tail out of the tiles, the monster began to suddenly start spinning its tires backwards. It could not get away though, and as the glyph reached all the way around it, spikes of ice appeared from thin air. The spikes slowly began to spin in a clockwise motion, and quickly retracted inward and struck the monster as if it were a pin cushion. With the sinking sound of the motor, the monster disappeared from the cluster of tiles.

Turning back to some of the other people, Hac looked at what remained. Three Cyclo Sharks. Let me see. Two are grouped over there, and one by itself is on the opposite side. I will take the two. I have to show them I am not just some wimp. Now, which sword should I choose? I cannot use one of fire because my fire stat is quite below the marking of zero which would deal less damage than normal. I guess there is a downfall to having all water equipment except a sword. Withdrawing the newly acquired sword, the Blessed Blade, Hac ran at the shark which was closer to him. Lifting the Heavy Sword in the sky, Hac thought one of its spells. Juk Smash. Taking the blade well above his head, the player struck down vertically and as the monster began to spill blood, the tip of the sword hit the ground. Hac then moved his hands a bit as he felt his body become light. He was doing a handstand on the sword. Falling forward with legs bent a bit, the Heavy Blade pulled the sword out of the stone and struck down on the monster. The Heavy Blade then followed up this attack with a vertical attack upward to finish the monster. Splitting in half, the Cyclo Shark died. With a smirk on his face, Hac turned to the next one.

Spinning in circles, the shark began to make Hac feel a little dizzy. He almost felt like falling to the ground, but thought it would look quite bad if he did. Instead he stumbled a bit as if he were drunk then stopped and slowly sheathed the Blessed Blade as he was engulfed by a green light. This green light was Rig Gaem. This spell gave extra SP to healing on top of the normal amount after a certain period of time. With this spell, Hac did not have to worry much about running out of Skill Points. With a smirk, he withdrew the KK from its sheathe at his side. Since a katana, Hac kept it on his side for an easy draw unlike the Heavy Swords he kept on his back. Fully withdrawing the Japanese fighting sword, Hac started running at his enemy, but was soon bombarded with two spells. Both of the Rue Rom type. After the tornados of ice and water struck his body and did minimal damage, Hac started another skill.

Lighting began to surge through his body and he felt his hand start to jitter as his sword started to turn a bright yellow white mix. Lightning bolts could be seen on the outside of the blade coursing through the sword with the sound of electricity. Hac tightened his gloved hands on the hilt and took two steps closer to the monster. As he finished these steps, Hac started slashing the monster and ended with a 360-degree turn with one last hit on it. Not only did the monster die, but with the chopping of horizontally and vertically, it looked like large pieces of fish ready to be deep fried. Sheathing the blade, Hac looked over at the party and gave an evil grin.

Guess I helped kill more than one thing after all . . .

(OOC: 2 Cyclo Sharks Down, 1 Scorpion Tank Dead. This leaves one Cyclo Shark alive)
Hacorie
Level 36 Heavy Blade
Gold: 21237

Equips
Oceanic Aura/Sharktooth-Ice Helm-Winter Coat-
Shiva's Rings-Bondage Pants
---Water Magic, BL Yokohama

Wishlist:
Level Meh Up
Weapons: Sakabatou/Rock n Roll/Peace Blade
Body: Knight's Armor
Other: Earthlore/Feng Shui
--------Water/Earth Scrolls

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:04 pm

Nighthand was surprised. For once, the team seemed reasonably effective. Granted, that may just have been the comparative strength level of the monster…

Either way, he barely had his Magnifier read to attack when all but a single lone shark remained.

Shrugging to himself, the heavyblade charged it anyways. He leapt over one spiked pit, landing in front of the shark without pause.

“Vak Drive!” his sword ignited, and in a flurry of quick blows, the shark was decimated.

Nighthand sheathed his blade and surveyed the room. The door on the other side had still not opened. Something was wrong.

With a rumble and a grumble, the rest of the floor disappeared.

Nighthand awoke in a room, completely blank of everything except a sealed door and a portal. The rest of the party was nowhere to be seen. It appeared he would have to face something alone.

(Alright, most of this post will be OOC… but that’s cuz I’m lazy. Alright, here’s the deal. Everyone is in the same situation I am. 1v1 battles, separate rooms.

The rooms are of your own creation, whatever hazards you want in them. the only stipulations are; only one exit, and that’s sealed. When you kill your monster, the door opens, you step out… but no description of the room you go into; that’ll come later.

Alright, monster assignments:

Hijinx: 1 level 33 Grand Cold (rue kruz, dek do)
Ryok: 1 mu guardian (Gan rom and zot)
Reinier: 1 level 14 Water Witch (rue Kruz and zot)
Lighteria: 1 level 20 Fire Witch (vak don and kruz)
Asgard: 1 level 40 sand hill (Gigan Zot, Rig Saem)
Hac: 1 level 24 hammer shark (no skills)
Phoenix: 1 level 32 Death Crane (no skills)

Mine will be done after all yours have been completed… try to take only a single, or maybe two posts each.)