Enter the World through the Theta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Hacorie
Ikkitousen

Post by Hacorie » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:10 am

Left all alone now, Hac was with a monster. A hammer shark. It was a new, yet familiar monster to him. He could not believe it was much like the Cyclo Sharks in which he had just defeated. The resemblance is uncanny. It was weird how monsters all looked alike, but depending on names varied in skills. I cannot believe I have to fight another shark. I think whoever is doing this knew I have the power of water, and knew that I could not attack this thing with skills from my armor. With a smirk crawling amongst his face, Hac smiled and drew his Blessed Blade from its large sheath. Almost immediately he started toward the monster thinking of a spell with the confines of his mind.

Rig GaemA green glow engulfed his body and small flowers and petals began to erupt around him while slowly his SP recovered from its low rate. The last battle had taken a lot out of the Heavy Blade and with low skill points this battle would last forever. Hac knew he could win against the floating monster that was spinning in air while raising higher and higher into the air ready to attack its prey. Come at me! In the blink of an eye the monster dashed toward him as if it had heard his thoughts. Pounding its tail furiously behind it, its power erupted in great speed. As it neared the Heavy Blade, Hac stood still and it rammed him. Is power was great for it knocked Hac back into a wall where he laid for a second.

Quickly getting to his feet, the Heavy Blade balanced himself on his sword and waited for the monster to near him once again. Slowly in wove around in the air while trying to creep up on the player. Almost in a daze from the hypnotic swaying, Hac was hit by a burst of air as the monster was coming straight at him. Just as I thought, Juk Smash! Leaves erupted around him as it felt like he was back with Nall and the group trying to get the Treeweaver from the hacker. It felt almost normal to him as a few quick movements, moves his body and made him strike the shark head on. All the attacks hit and almost three fourths of the Hit points of the monster were diminished. Not waiting for it to counter, Hac took up his blade and struck the monster again watching as it propelled backward to get away from him.

The Rig Gaem was still in effect, so Hac had enough Skill Points for another attack. He waited for a second and then drew his Miner’s Gloves. “Gan Don!” Earth erupted from the ground and killed them monster off as the door around him opened and he entered it. The Heavy Blade was now not in the dungeon anymore. Not even in the same Root Town. He was in Mac Anu, the Water Capital. He could not think of why he was now there, but he waited for a second and then walked up to the Chaos Gate and was transported to Dun Loireag. Once he entered the city, the Heavy Blader headed toward the hideout.

As he neared, it seemed a battle was about to erupt, or already has. The feeling seemed tense between them all, and when Hac was far away he saw Nall had seemed to disappear, and then reappear right afterwards. He then summoned a spell and stopped the ice which seemed sort of like the hack, Hac had. Nall though was an idiot. All he was doing with this power was showing it off. Like a little school girl with a new outfit. I am not impressed one bit with Nall's power. If only i could speak I would try and give him what is coming to him.

Another instant from then Hac sent a Flashmail to Phoenix.

To: Phoenix

Hey, old friend, I have no clue what is going on, but you looked really ticked at Nall and vice versa. Could you explain to me what is going on. All of this flaunting of powers looks idiotic and bores me. I really do not care what the reason is, but I sense tension rising between this team. I did not ask to join as you know. This little argument concerns me very little. I would though like to take a stand on this matter. I do not like Nall one bit anyway since he just used tricks and got me killed and involved in this mess.

End Flashmail

(OOC:seems my hard drive died, so a tech is coming to my house tomorro to do something to compy. This post may be a little beind, but i did it with all the time i had.)
Hacorie
Level 36 Heavy Blade
Gold: 21237

Equips
Oceanic Aura/Sharktooth-Ice Helm-Winter Coat-
Shiva's Rings-Bondage Pants
---Water Magic, BL Yokohama

Wishlist:
Level Meh Up
Weapons: Sakabatou/Rock n Roll/Peace Blade
Body: Knight's Armor
Other: Earthlore/Feng Shui
--------Water/Earth Scrolls

Nall
Elevated Player

Post by Nall » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:53 am

Nall's controled water was flowing around him. This was actually the first time he'd used this technique, and it was difficult to keep a straight face. It was such a weird feeling. One that words can't describe. He wanted to ignore Phoenix and start playing with the water. However, Nall knew he had to keep concentration.

"Stop it, you two! Fighting each other won't s-solve anything! Let's... j-just sit down and talk ok!?"

Nall looked over towards Lighteria. It was apparent he was very nervous with everything going on. Nall kept his happy, yet confident smile plastered on his lips. He liked the feeling of being stronger, but he admired Light for trying to stop the quarrel. Meanwhile, his shoulder burned more intensely. Had he made a mistake? Or was it just because of the previous injury... Nall didn't know why it was hurting, but it was somehow linked with using his new toy.

"All right, children. Lets go to the field before my buddies show up and lockout the server."

Asgards voice brought him back to the situation. He wasn't lying. Asgard's friends would be here very quickly. As it was, luck was the only thing that was delaying their arrival. There must have been 50 reports by now, judging by the mass of people.

Nall looked at Asgard curiously as weird energy eminated from him. He saw him mouth the words "Vak Knight" and his magic form. Nall was very impressed. A whistle came from his lips as the summon grew from it's pool. Nall couldn't tell what Asgard was going to do, but had a relief when it was clear that Asgard was simply trying to break up the fight instead of try to attack Nall. Never seeing the creature before, Nall was curious. He knew of very similar techniques, but this was the first he'd seen in a long time.

"For example, the only way to beat Nall with that hacker cape on is to wait for him to attack. When he openly strikes with either magic or with his sword, the Cape is momentarily drained of its power. Kuja's item was only supposed to be a defensive mechanism, being a cloak of 'invincibility'. While Kuja attacked us with his overly insane control over 'living water', others attacked in his moment of weakness."

Nall nodded at his satement. While Asgard revealed the weakness in his cape the Phoenix, he realized that the fight was pretty much over anyways. Anyone would be a fool to take on Asgard, Nall, and this weird fire summon. Nall spoke up while Asgard changed his position.

"Yes, what Asgard says is true... In fact, what I'm playing with right now is similar to how Kuja's 'living water' worked. However, Kuja was a master of his skill, I'm simply experimenting."

Nall grew silent as Asgard spoke up again. He couldn't resist trying to form the water into something and molded it into a cat-like thing. It was very deformed though. Nall couldn't control water that well. He let it fall to the ground and let his attention focus on what he was really interested in. The summon. He looked over it carefully, analyzing it while he had the chance.

"So choose..."

“Asgard, don’t you realized that I know it will take much more than my own powers to beat them. I was trying to get information so I could develop a plan against them. I was tired in the way that we fight them with little to no information on them. Do you remember what happened when we fought Xenobia? My own powers were used against you. If we knew about her abilities sooner, there could be a better way. One more thing about learning my faults, my own fault almost kill me and I learned from it. I choose my battles and now I learned when to quit fighting. So all mighty leader, take us to the next field.”

Nall watched Phoenix sheath his sword and nodded. He understood where Phoenix was comming from, but he didn't like how he came across. Nall wasn't sure if the magnitude of the hackers was shown to him or not, but either way, it appeared that this unrest was over. Nall gave a sigh of relief.

As quickly as possible, he made his way to the chaos gate. If there was one thing Nall learned since his return, these people have become very interesting. He shook his head. Summons, light, gravity, element manipulation... So many weird and interesting abilities. And he was sure he hadn't seen them all. When Nall had finally made it through the crowd's, ignoring everyone who questioned him, he stopped and turned around to the group.

"Believe it or not, I had planned on telling you some things you need to know... And maybe you'll understand why I had, and still do, have a hard time talking about things... I have a friend that will help me. She's waiting at Beautiful Geothermal Aqua Field. This will be a relaxing quest... You guys have fought your hearts out and deserve a break I suppose...."

Nall really didn't think they should be having a break. But after what happened today, things clearly needed to be worked out. He knew Raine could help him. He turned back to the chaos gate to enter the words. As he did, the group followed. The field completely locked as all the players that were following got through. Nall noticed two more then there should have been. He looked over and saw Vera and some new guy. Nighthand gave him a nod that they were ok and Nall shrugged and walked forward in the field.

As the players would soon realize, this wasn't an ordinary field. They were in a thick jungle. No portals around, but the scenary was beautiful. Exotic plants, colorful flowers, and tree's the height of the buildings in Mac Anu were all present. The air was crisp and fresh, with a tantelizing aroma that could barely be detected. The air was warm, somewhat steamy actually.

As the player's walked forward, Nall began to take off his sleeveless jacket. His black undershirt hugged his body tightly and moved with his muscles as he walked. Finally, Nall and the other pushed their way through a final thicket of bushes. The players gasped in awe at the sight. In front of them was a large open clearing and in the center, was a beautiful hot springs.

"You're late! Though I shouldn't expect any less from you Nall..."

The voice came from a girl who came out of the water and began walking towards Nall. Her beautiful blue hair reached down to her waist. Her blue eyes glittered in the sunlight that creeped through in little patches among the clearing. She was tall, sleek, and extremely attractive. She was wearing a white bikini top which had one black strap and a black border. Her bikini bottoms were completely white except for a small star in the corner. She was smiling at everyone.

"Well we had a little dispute... Nothing to worry about!"

Nall was almost in complete glee. He smiled at Raine and proceeded to take off his black shirt. Raine sighed and jabbed him in the stomach while the shirt was over his head. Nall bent over clutching his stomach with the shirt still attached to his hands.

"Well I guess he deserved that! How could he forget to introduce you!"
Nayru flew out beside Raine.

"Everyone, this is one of Nall's friends who help him, and you guys! Her name is Raine!"
Raine bowed to everyone and smiled.

"You guys must have gone through a lot putting up with Nall. But even if he's not the smartest, he has a knack for getting out of the situations he gets himself into!"
Raine giggled as Nall finally got his shirt off. He shot a glare at Raine but she just laughed.

"Well, I take it most of you don't have bathing suits, but if you care to take a dip, I have a box of random suits over there. Don't worry, they arn't used! If you see one you like, try it on and join us in the water! It's really nice today."
Raine pointed over to a box that was sitting on a rock over to the side. Nall was taking off the rest of his clothes while Raine was talking. He was wearing shorts under his pants, a bathing suit apparently. His body was laced with runes of all different sorts. Nall still wore his cape and his pedant however.

"Just change in the bushes if your modest about giving a show! I know I wouldn't want to change in front of this pervert!"
Raine jabbed Nall in the face and he reeled backwards.

"I'm not a.."
Nall stopped in mid sentence by another swift jab. Raine smiled pleasently to the rest of the group. Some of them walked off towards the box of bathing suits. Some of them were more eager then others to get into the hot springs. Nall, Raine, and Nayru walked towards the hot springs. Nall stretched.

"Even I have to admit, relaxing in here is going to be heaven..."
Nall stopped as a characteristic silence, followed by a gust of wind was heard. He looked at Raine who was still smiling. Nall cringed as he heard the noise he dreaded.

"Da Da DA!"
Nall and some of the players turned towards the voice to see a figure atop one of the large trees. The figure jumped from it's position and landed on the ground of the clearing, posing.

"Yeah! Sheena~Lovely Entrence!"
Sheena had shiney orange hair which was just past her shoulders. Her eye's were green and had the same shine that Raine's did. She was a little shorter then Raine, but just as sleek and attractive. Her smile was mischievious, but happy. She wore a black bikini top that had gold highlights and she wore matching bikini bottoms. The players looked a little quizical. Nall looked like he saw a demon. He turned to Raine, his face frozen in shock.

"What? I didn't NOT say she'd be here did I?"
Raine laughed. Nall turned back towards Sheena who was already in mid-tackle. She collided with Nall and sent the both of them into the hot springs. Nayru laughed.

"Don't worry everyone, Sheena's just a little hyper!"
Raine stepped into the hot springs herself and smiled at the rest of the group.

"I guess things seem really weird right now, but don't worry! Get on a bathing suit, or wear what you're wearing if you don't mind getting it wet, and come on in! Once everyone's changed and ready, we'll tell you some interesting stories and answer any questions you have!"

(OOC: If there's confusion, they will tell some things on their own. HOWEVER, if you really want information, you're going to have to ask. The more questions you ask, the better chances you have of finding out what you want to know!)
Nall//Blademaster | SWORD | Time Headband | Kagayuzen | Hands of Life | White Boots | {Life Drain}{Skill Drain} <Rue Crack> <Rue Revolver> <Ap Do> <Miu Lei> <Ol Repth> <Rip Maen>

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:43 am

Nall and pheonix were fighting; or more accurately, nall was playing and pheonix was hopelessly swinging at air. It wasn't of any real concern to the rabbitine twinblade. Afterall, nall could handle himself alright if things were desperate. She was looking around for something to do when she felt a sharp pang in her forehead. Groaning a little she rubbed at the pain with a paw and stood up. Giving her head a quick shake she dusted her pants off and looked around with curiousity. The ache melted away and for a moment Hijinx felt a little dizzy, her legs wobbling ever so slightly as her vision swirled around her. It was an odd sensation seeing herself from the sky, but sadly a short one. It was so different and new to her that she wanted to pick it apart and see what it meant.

The odd feeling gone, she began to whistle a tune and hop towards the gate, the others already ahead of her. The diamond pulsed a deep purple for a moment as she gated into the field, it had been locked with their entrance.

Hijinx's eyes lit up with joy when she saw the hot spring, and even more when nall got socked in the face by the woman named Raine. To top it all off, a cheerful person named sheena had dunked nall for her. Laughing like a child she called for Urbosh, who responded energetically by bursting from pheonix's armor and splashing hurriedly towards the water.

"Okay Urbosh! Up, up, UP!" she happily ordered, laughing more as the blob dived under her and turned into a trampoline, launching her into the sky like a rocket. She hung in the air for a brief shining moment before she waved and sucked in a lung full of air.

"CANNONBALL!"

She hit the water as a blur of black spiraling happiness, letting lose a wave that towered over the others before cascading over them like a big wet blanket. Cheering and laughing she pointed at the the others, some looked like drowned rats with their hair matted down. She was cut short as a hand came from behind and put her under. Coming back up with a huge smile, she faced the owner of the hand, none other then Sheena. Diving under the water, she zipped under the player and dunked her back. Questions could wait, she was having too much fun with her dunking companion. They both turned their sights to nall and smiled evilly.
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."

Zan
Exalted Player

Post by Zan » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:41 am

What had he gotten himself into?

The question played over in his mind again and again, but the result was never different. Zan had walked into a situation knowing all to well how abstract and dangerous it was. Yet here he was, standing besides a guy that had been through more than the college student could possibly fathom. It was true that Zan didn't particularly like his life, but to be shut out from it and stuck in a game had to be unbearable. From the moment Nighthand had explained his situation Zan felt a sense of comradery between himself and the rest of those that lived Nighthand's life. They had walked the same dark path as the Heavy Blade had and had emerged much less fortunate. Whereas Zan had fought back the darkness and pulled his head to the surface, the coma victims were stuck laying in some hospital bed with shadows over their eyes and emptiness wrapped around their helpless mouths. At any moment Zan could rip off the equipment that anchored him to the World and run to whoever he needed. Those that stood before him had been reduced to the silent screams in their heads. It was...comforting (albeit it in a very sick and twisted manner).

As much as the coma victims had suffered (most likely much more than he realized), Zan still felt a pang of jealousy as he watched the quarrel between the one's that had been pointed out to him as Pheonix and Nall. When the college student had had his own chunk of troubles in the program, he had been stuck with his wits and a blade in his hand. Nall had already demonstrated a number of amazing gifts that left Zan's jaw aching to drop. He could only such abilities were at his disposal when he needed them a few months back. Not only would have some seriously lost time back, but he'd be grasping at much more mental stability than he found himself with now. As quickly as the side of him that sympathized with those around him had bubbled up, the side that craved some sort of power to put himself above the rest was upon him. Envy seeped through his normally clam demeanor and shown through his words like white on black. Zan's eyes only widened further as Nall seemed to manipulate his own water spell into an icy shell around his frame.

"Can only...unconscious people do that?"

"Well...In our cases, yes. That or be a hacker." Nighthand replied, seemingly unaffected by Zan's odd tone.

"Ah, so I'd have to be in a coma as well for me to...eh...have such unique gifts at my disposal." Zan's words were hesitant, but curious.

"Frankly, I don't know. That's the only way it's happened to us, I don't know if there's any other way."

Zan sighed, but left it at that. He didn't want to get on the man's nerves too early in the game (no particular pun intended). Almost simultaneously with Nighthand's response the Heavy Blade found himself zoning out the rest of the world around him. His unfocused senses told him that one of the others was trying to stop the combat, but Zan was too far gone to sort it out properly. He could only think of life in their situation with both the bad and the good. Was it really worth going into a coma just because he wanted some power that would fill him with some false sense of superiority? No, no it wasn't. As much as part of him wanted to beg his new acquaintance for a way into their world of adventure and intrigue, he knew it was irreversible and it would be a mistake he'd have the rest of his life in the World to regret. Fighting back the power-hungry side of his existence that made mankind so despicable at select moments, Zan snapped back into reality.

Almost the moment had fully focused himself again he found himself wishing he would retreat back to his trance. One player, one he hadn't been introduced to yet, had summoned forth an odd creature as the incantation of 'Vak Knight' escaped his lips. The demon's sheet mass was astonishing enough and the rest of his features only added to the mind boggling effect it had upon Zan. The Heavy Blade quickly wiped the odd look that had contorted his face a bit, but still found himself zoning out once more as more conversations followed the summoning of the beast. For the first time since he had a grasp of what was going on, Zan found himself considering the enemies in all of this. If these kids could do such things and yet they were still running from their own enemies, he could only imagine what devastation the hackers had ready under their sleeves. Again he found himself questioning his motives for inserting himself in the crossfire. Before he could get too involved in a mental lockdown with himself, Nall spoke up as he headed steadily for the Chaos Gate. The collective crowd of normal players slipped aside as he approached, most likely fearing his display of agility.

"Believe it or not, I had planned on telling you some things you need to know... And maybe you'll understand why I had, and still do, have a hard time talking about things... I have a friend that will help me. She's waiting at Beautiful Geothermal Aqua Field. This will be a relaxing quest... You guys have fought your hearts out and deserve a break I suppose...." A relaxing quest...hmm.

"Am...am I invited?" Zan's timid words made him feel like a little kid once more; sickening.

"Sure, come along. Maybe you can tell us about this Wulong or whatever, maybe we can help."

Zan didn't bother correcting the name or informing Nighthand of the small fact that the situation couldn't be helped; it had been over for a good chunk of time now. He feared letting the man in on that little fact would ruin his chances for a vacation. Maybe he didn't need one like the rest of them, but by God did he ever want one. The entire Wulo ordeal had been a nice stress package all wrapped up in a pretty anguish-blue bow. To have the chance to slip in with what seemed like a tightly knit group and just kick back for a couple hours was divine. He could already hear Leo's, or known to people as Domini in the World, voice lecture him about getting away from the computer to stuff like that in real life. Leo would probably jabber on about getting some fresh air and 'experiencing life to its fullest.' His best friend had been on some kick recently that involved a number of 'fun' things for Zan to do. Leo tried so hard to hide the fear he had for the college student's cancer, but it showed through every last thing he did.

Following Nall's lead, Zan approached the Chaos Gate and uttered the key words under his breath as if they were some precious secret passed down through a long line of priceless artifacts. Even the rings that fell upon him seemed to move with a sly grace. As they lifted off and left him in the new field, he was pricked with the eerie feeling that the gate had senses his anxiety. The other players seemed to be gating in around the same general area, but Zan was hidden amongst the wilds of the canopy. He lifted his head down a bit from the shadows to get a better look at them, but made sure to stay out of the rays of false sunlight that would give away his position. It was hard to catch exactly what was going on, but Zan managed to snag out the word 'Sheena' as a voluptuously beautiful player sprang forth from the trees and surprised the rest of the group. Another woman who had come from the springs (and who had been identified by an odd little mouse creature as 'Raine') captured the Heavy Blade's attention.

Such juvenile cognitions were soon replaced by the suggestion of going for a good swim. Zan raised his eyebrow a bit at the mention of bathing suits and wondered why the woman was concerned about getting clothes wet. It was certainly an irritating situation in the real world, but it wasn't like they could feel it in the game. Even the smallest consideration that it might be true was ludicrous and Zan gave himself away as his snickers grew quickly more audible. He adjusted himself in the tree to switch from his previous stance of 'creepy voyeur' to the simple 'just hanging out' deal. It had been done at such an awkward pace that Zan was almost positive the rest would see through his facade if any had been paying attention (which he prayed to God they hadn't). With an embarrassed blush taking prominence, Zan leaped down and slipped alongside Nighthand. He dared not look at the man (nor anyone for that matter) in fear of whatever mocking looks would be returned.
Lv. 50 Heavy Blade
Wishlist
Special: Levels, GR Sendai, PL Sakai, Darklore.
W: Tonosama Sword, Mineuchi, Jundachi.
A: Samurai Helm, Able Hands, Rare Greaves.
I: Holy Sap, Treebane, Cooked Bile, Nightbane.
EX: Elemental Summon (Lv. 2), Overdrive (Lv.1), Elemental Attacks (Lv. 2), Enhance Dark, Elemental Breath (Lv. 2).

Reinier
Awakened Player

Post by Reinier » Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:08 am

"Who cares if they hurt him, they'll all be dead either way!" the cat bird hybrid squawked. Reinier scratched his nose, and looked up to the bird. He chuckled a bit and began walking over to Nighthand.

"Well, at least his not actually sticking around to be threatening... Grrr, he knows Nall too! He should know that threatening him will just make him want to fight more! Why does everyone hate Nall so much? He may be secretive, but he's also helping... How many times has he sticked his ass on the line... Hell, he died for them..." The bird continued.

“Death can suck. Ehhh… I was semi-dead because of that whore Xenobia…” Reinier muttered. He clenched his fist and thought about her and all of the powers she had. That psychotic woman, as very fine looking as she was, had the ability to completely take over people’s mind. After all, because of her Reinier was now in a coma. He sighed, and sniffed a bit, missing the real world. He could hear in the background Nall and Phoenix continuing to argue. “These dumbasses need to hurry up and finish their bickering before the admin come…” He muttered.

“Nall, I don’t believe that crap about how the hackers are unbeatable,” Phoenix said to Nall. Reinier sighed at Phoenix’s stupidity. He could call it ignorance, but Phoenix has faced Xenobia and failed miserably to kill her. It made Reinier chuckle a bit, but a sudden pain hit his hand. He made a small profanity, and looked down at his hand. A faint, azure blue glow pulsed out of his hand, right where bone should be. The pain quickly subsided and went away, but the pulsing stayed. Reinier blew it off as nothing, and went back to listening in on Nall and Phoe’s argument.

"Invincibility can be very hard to fight,” Nall said.

Invincibility? Is that… oh right, hackers. Nearly forgot what we’re dealing with…

Stupid. It’s true that someone can be unbeatable, but then there’s got to be a weakness to beating them so you can continue fighting.

Like?

Hell if I know.

"Oh, sorry, I didn't mention Kuja was the weakest of the eight. But look at me now! I have similar powers of that of Kuja, not to mention my own,” Nall continued on.

Eight? Goddamn, so seven left… these hacker elites… Jesus, eight of them… We have to fight each of them, with the powers that we have… this sucks…

Now Nayru decided to speak his mind, without Reinier needing to force it out of him. "Psst, Nall might get mad if I tell you this so keep it on the DL! He has the same type of power as the hackers. Each hacker has his or her own special power/powers that are theirs to control. Kuja's power was generally known as Water. Royce's is Light, and Xenobia's was Nature. Nall's power is a weird one though, which is why the hacker's have trouble with him. He's very good at running away and avoiding all damage because his power is Time." Reinier stood, dumbstruck.

TIME!?! What the hell!? Royce can melt our faces, Xenobia can stab us in the face, after toying with our minds and making us kill each other, and that Kuja could drown us. Meanwhile, we have little ol’ Nall over there with the power to run away. Whoop-de-fucking do.

Nayru looked down on Reinier, and felt the need to explain. "I said Time! You know, tick tock! He has the power to manipulate the games clock. More specifically, he can slow down time all around him, cept for himself. Thus, it's like he disappears because he moves faster then even light. He can also stop time for several seconds, which is what he did when he jabbed Phoenix without even being see or sensed by anyone."

Reinier nodded and said, “Yeah, I caught that lil kitty. It’s just the fact that we have a guy who can run away kinda irks me… I don’t see what stops him from just up and leaving us in the midst of a hard battle.”

Nayru continued on, after Reinier’s interruption. "Yet, Nall wasn't lying. Though that may seem to make him invincible, it doesn't. He too, has his flaws. If you guys knew how, combined, you could probably take down Nall... But you don't know how, nor are you very organized. And the hackers have more even more amazing techniques. There's one who can see the future and completely predict your attacks... Xenobia can control a players body, using it against their own team... Nall and I aren't even sure how to deal with that skill yet. And there's one who can summon the dead, a necromancer of sorts. There's even one who can turn into a ferocious demon beast....It's really scary!"

“A demon? So we’re dealing with a mind controlling person, a bitch who likes to seduce Nighthand, a person obsessed with necrophilia, and a demon. Perfect odds if they attack all at once. If we had this much trouble with Xenobia, how can we be expected to kill a fucking demon…?”

“That's necroMANCER! And yes, it's pretty much certain death if they all attack at once. Hell, just one of them is usually deadly enough! Right now it seems hopeless, but Raine has some kind of plan... I don't really understand it either, but she'll probably explain it later!”

Raine? Hrm… she sounds cute. I’ll have to keep this in mind. I’m guessing we’re going to go meet her now. Well, if the dumbasses over there would stop shooting their testosterone at each other long enough to actually take us to… That field Nayru said earlier…

Reinier looked around and noticed a rather large group beginning to form. He gulped, knowing something would happen soon. “Damnit Nall, large crowds mean crowd control, crowd control means admin. Admin mean we get deleted. And I, for one, don’t want to be killed again. We need to move out soon…” He noticed Nighthand talking to two odd players. A Heavy Blade, and an unarmed player. A Fist Fighter maybe. Reinier began to walk over to the small group, when something odd happened.

His tattoos, both the crest of Kou, suddenly were sucked in to the eye of his swords. The swords glowed a brilliant golden color, then reverted in to the single handle of the Green Sword. Puzzled, Reinier stopped dead in his tracks and looked down at the handle. He pocked the handle and the gem and continued walking, wondering what happened. The rune of Rue began to shine brightly on the top of his right hand, and began to steam.

Reinier fell to the ground, clutching his hand, gritting his teeth, the pain unbearable. He tried to figure out the cause, when he suddenly remembered the glowing thing in his hand, but it made him think on how it could have gotten there. “That… damn… hippo…” Reinier muttered. He clenched his hand and pounded his hand in to the ground, the pain becoming too much. He knew what he had to do, but he didn’t want to do it. He knew that he had a gem of the water element lodged in his bone of all places, and would have to fork it out with something pointy.

Pointy things irked Reinier to an extent of him avoiding many sharp objects.

Reinier quickly ripped out his katana, and placed it on the ground. He scooted the blade back a bit, so that the tip was within clear view. He gritted his teeth, turned his head, and jammed the back of his hand in to his sword. Reinier let out a howl of agony, not wanting to look down in to his blood-soaked hand, but knew he would have to. It felt as if his blood changed out with gasoline, his hand lathered up in oils, and then his hand set a blaze. He looked down at his hand, and realized the sword had stuck in his hand.

He slowly slid the blade out of his hand, and tried to avoid getting blood on his nice new shirt. His fingers twitched and violently shook uncontrollably, an odd sight to see. He slowly stuck his forefinger and thumb in to the cut, and felt around until he felt the icy cold gem. It numbed the pain a bit, but not enough to make it unnoticeable. A crimson pool of blood had quickly formed under his sword, but he paid no attention to it. He felt the edges of the gem and gulped. It had formed inside of the bone, meaning he would have to break it in order to retrieve the gem.

He dug his fingers deeper inside of his hand, gulped, and turned away. He cringed once more and with one solid motion, ripped the gem out of the bone. He clutched the gem and his hand, and looked around. The closest person to him, the Wavemistriss Gingitsune. He quickly ran over to her, and held out his hand while cringing. She gasped and muttered, “Aww, poor baby…” She held out her wand and muttered out a healing spell.

A massive blue aura filled around hand, quickly healing the wound and the bone inside. He let out a massive sigh of relief and fell backwards on his back and said, “NIRVANA!” He slowly got up on his feet, gave Gingi a massive hug and a quick kiss on the cheek and said, “Thank you soo much, I owe you.” He ran off and grabbed his sword off the ground. He ran to Nighthand and the two new players, when he heard Nall say, "Believe it or not, I had planned on telling you some things you need to know... And maybe you'll understand why I had, and still do, have a hard time talking about things... I have a friend that will help me. She's waiting at Beautiful Geothermal Aqua Field. This will be a relaxing quest... You guys have fought your hearts out and deserve a break I suppose...."

Reinier chuckled, held in a massive laugh, then gave up. He pointed over at Phoenix and said, or rather yelled, “HAHAAH! IRONY! YOU WASTED ALL OUR TIME TO GET INFO WE WOULD HAVE GOTTEN ANYWAY! ‘Let’s go kill Nall and get a bit of information, blahblahblah,’ way to suck Phoenix. Hell if I’m ever listening to you.” With that said, Reinier continued on behind Nighthand. The silence, once more, was unbearable.

Reinier waited for Nall to pass him before he began following. “… Naaaaaall…” Reinier began, “Can I wear your cape?”

“No.”

“Please?”

“No.”

“Why not?”

“First of all, I'd have to take it off. Second, you can't use it's powers, you don't know how."

“A simple ‘No’ would have sufficed,”
Reinier said. More awkward silence. He hated many things, and silence stood in the top three, above visiting the old folks home, and below people in general. “… Naaaaall…” Reinier said. “Can I swing your sword around?”

“No.”

“Please?”

“No.”

“Why not?”

“Because… I said.”

“Jerk,”
Reinier muttered. Before he could ask more annoying questions to bug Nall, he felt a player deliberately hit him. He almost instantly knew what happened. He hit his pockets, he only felt two bumps, the gems, but no handle. He turned around and saw it lying on the ground, shattered. His eye twitched as he saw the player continuing to walk on. He ran up behind him, and leaped on his back, causing him to fall to the ground. He quickly pulled the player’s head up, and twisted until he felt and heard the snap. Instadeath. Reinier stood up, and stepped on the man’s spine, “That, my friend, will teach you to screw with me,” he muttered.

With that said and done, Reinier ran back to the group. Nall called out the keywords to the field, and they were quickly warped. The first thing Reinier noticed had to be the odd amount of humidity. He quickly shed the jacket he always wore and rolled up his sleeves. He tied the two sleeves of his jacket around his waist, and continued on with the group. The lush jungle they stood in had been a massive improvement over the field as icy as Nighthand’s heart.

"You're late! Though I shouldn't expect any less from you Nall..." A beautiful blue-haired maiden walked out from a nearby hot spring, and slowly glided towards Nall. Her hair poured down to her waist, as she wore a white bikini, tops and bottoms, with a little star on the side of her bottoms. Reinier’s eyes popped open, as he stared at the woman.

Holy shit.

Don’t gawk moron.

Nall said something in his defense, then took off his shirt, only to be jabbed in the stomach while his shirt was still over his head. Reinier chuckled and muttered, “Knockout,” Nayru flew out beside the blue-haired woman and began screeching.

"Well I guess he deserved that! How could he forget to introduce you! Everyone, this is one of Nall's friends who help him, and you guys! Her name is Raine!" Rained bowed, and Reinier smiled a bit.

Jeez, three in a row. I just hope I get to see Gingi in a bikini… that would make my day.

"You guys must have gone through a lot putting up with Nall. But even if he's not the smartest, he has a knack for getting out of the situations he gets himself into! "Well, I take it most of you don't have bathing suits, but if you care to take a dip, I have a box of random suits over there. Don't worry, they aren't used! If you see one you like, try it on and join us in the water! It's really nice today," the blue-eyed beauty spoke.

Reinier smiled and quickly threw his jacket atop a branch within reach. He unbuttoned his shirt and wrapped it along the same branch. He ran off and grabbed a bathing suit. He ran off in to some bushes and quickly changed out of his blue slacks and boxers, and put on the bathing suit. He had picked a very ironic bathing suit indeed. Blue flames engulfed the bottoms, until they came up to about his crotch, where they subsided in to blackness. The pant legs went down a bit past the knees and the waist of the pants hung slightly low, so a V-line could be seen from his muscle. He tied up the pants tight, to avoid evil people from pantsing him.

He looked off in the distance and noticed the group began to gather at the other end of the spring. Reinier dived down in to the spring, and swam over to where Nall, Raine, and another player had gathered. The warmth of the springs soothed his weary body very well. He leaned up against the edge of the spring, on a nicely placed rock, forming a nice chair. He slowly crept down in to the springs, until only his head was present. He looked over to Nall and Raine and asked, “Quick question. I know of three hackers, Kuja, Xenobia, and Royce. Who are the other five? And what are their powers? Also, what’s giving us these weird powers? I sure as hell couldn’t ever wield two swords at once before I met you… oh, one last thing… you promised me rares… where are they?”
Reinier's Wishlist: Sakabatou|Sharktooth
Abraxas' Wishlist: Complementry|Summon
The Hack's Wishlist: Wall lvl 2

Asgard
Exalted Player

Post by Asgard » Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:11 am

"Oh..."

"Crap..."

The wave hit Asgard, Terro and Fides all at the same time. Like the cliche tidal wave, it hit the trio like a mac truck at top speed. However, unlike it, the three stayed in place, drenched in hot spring water. It was a tropical environment, but the introduction of hot springs water upon one's open face took Asgard by surprise.

"IT BURNS! WATER IN THE EYES! WATER IN THE EYES! OH GOD WHY???" Asgard held his face for a minute, trying to wipe away the introduction of intense heat to his visage. Terro, completely drenched, but unfazed from the heat, looked like a drowned, winged rat. Like most animals, getting wet wasn't a really positive thing. Feeling like a lazy dog, the gryphon decided to slowly march over to the nearest tree., shake himself like a wet dog, and laid upright, like an animalistic statue, over the side of the spring. Fides, the giant satyresque monstrocity, was destroyed completely by the amount of water that had amassed. Even though it was severly heated, the base element was still water. The Rue element, in any form it was in, was still a lethal substance to the knight of fire.

Asgard wiped the water off of his face, the sense of touch still making his face sting a bit. He was surprised on how the water really felt to him. Being trapped in the game, he felt his senses slightly magnified, at most times when he didn't want them to be. His entire body felt like a saturated sponge, and for a moment, he even feared the image of spraying water everywhere if someone squeezed him too hard. "Ooo. That rabbit is dead."

He walked over to one side of the hot springs to where Terro was laying down, like a portrait frozen in time. He slid off the Wildwood Satchel from his shoulder and dropped his weapons in the immediate proximity of Terro: His Nunchaku, his Brass Knuckles, the spiked bracer now known to him as the Dragon Fist. The weapons plopped down to the ground close to the seed bag.

The Fist Fighter removed his black, sleeveless vest from his body, revealing that his upper body was actually covered in thin, tensor bandages. One by one, Asgard unraveled them, starting from the open end tucked into the neck part of the 'body armor'. Little by little, the white bandages were taken off, revealing something different, but eerily similar to Nall's green runes.

A giant tattoo covered Asgard's back in the shape of a giant, mystic circle, with lines spread all across his upper body. At the end of the lines were smaller, similar circles, located at different points of the body. One on each arm, one on each hand, one on the middle of the chest, and one on the neck. Two other lines extended downwards, implying two similar circles were on his legs, but he believed it a good idea to keep them on. The Fist Fighter slowly rubbed one of his hands over the arm tattoo. For a moment, the feeling of touching a livewire flowed through him. He brought the hand away, like a newborn feeling fire for the first time. Dangerous still...

Asgard hesitated to take off the red scarf that he had worn all this time as a Fist Fighter. It was a nice piece of decoration, but it was also a key tool. Asgard lifted a hand to his realm of vision and slowly undid the scarf with the other. As it slowly unfolded, nothing seemed to be wrong. However, as the neck slowly left the contact of his slightly pale skin, something began to amass in his hand. It was as if rampant energies were slowly amassing in a kinetic and completely chaotic form. Asgard stopped pulling and slowly brought the scarf down to his pocket. He wore it like a belt over his weirdly shapen pants, baggy on the top, bonded at the knee down. The Fist Fighter tied the scarf tightly, not wanting to make this excursion an embarrasment.

Terro, deciding it in his ally's best interests, shifted his body so that his front talons were overtop the amass of items left behind by Asgard. The hot springs almost beckoned for him. "Alright. Time for a vacation!" With one leap, he saulted ten feet over the water's semi-serene surface, and dove in. The water hit his face again, but this time, it didn't feel like he was being branded with a burning teapot. That left some questions floating in his head, but he paid them no mind. After all, it was time to think less of the prison and more on the hot Springs.

Asgard breached the water's surface and commented to no one in particular. "Man this feels GREAT!" Looking around the hot springs, he noticed Nighthand getting in, Hijinx already playing around like a bunny on aromatic grass, and Reinier was entertaining Nall, with Sheena latched onto him tightly, and Raine on the other side. Whoa, Asgard thought, taking another looksee at Raine, She isn't bad at all... He dove under the water and reappeared over to the side of Reinier as he asked his questions about the hackers. "Also, what’s giving us these weird powers? I sure as hell couldn’t ever wield two swords at once before I met you… oh, one last thing… you promised me rares… where are they?"

"I think they were pulling your leg about the rares, chum. The only rare thing you could gain here is whatever is going on." Asgard thought back briefly to his 'off time' and how he gained his power over the Elements. He snapped back to reality and offered a hand to Raine, as Sheena seemed to be more interested in Nall than anything. "Oh sorry! How thoughtless of me...I'm Asgard, ex-Admin." He smiled and winked at Raine. "Pleasure to meet you."
This is my non-banner profile. Read at own discretion!
Wishlist (Bolded sections denotate priority, in descending order)
In General: LEVELS
Pet-Related: EX-Levels, [Lv. 2]Overdrive Sphere, [Lv. 2]Ressurect
Armor: Dice Gloves (20 RARE), Golden Turban (42), Saint Cross (41), Protect Ring (41)
Weapons: Master Nunchaku (40 RARE), Three-Section Staff (37),
Items: (None)

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:25 am

Nighthand decided that, since this seemed like a relaxation outing, a vacation, more than a quest, that he would have a little fun. He would have cannonballed in and splashed everyone, but Hijinx beat him to it. Luckily he had switched his equip to his bathing suit beforehand, so missed dampening his clothing.

Seeing Lighteria near the edge of the spring, the heavy blade had an idea. Walking quietly up behind the pensive twinblade, he gave him a solid shove. He seemed to hang in the air for a moment, then fell with a splash. He surfaces and spun, with a cry of “Hey!”

Nighthand laughed and tossed a randomly-selected bathing suit onto the twinblade’s dripping head. Still chuckling, he climbed into the water after his victim.

“Don’t act so sullen all the time, man… I know there’s been a lot of bad shit since you had the misfortune to join up with us, but it’s not THAT worth moping over.”

"ah what? sullen?" He took the suit off his head and looked at it, almost guiltily. "S-sorry, do I seem that way? I.... ah.. I guess there's.. you know... just a lot to think about."

“Yeah, there is… But then, that’s what most of us are here for, now. To get our questions answered. Point in fact, that was the reason for that boring little scuffle in the town.”

Another pause for thought. "yeah but..." He waited, considering. "...I know I tried to stop the fight but... I really don't like nall.. very much... I mean after all he did... he lied to me and toyed with my feelings..." He shook his head. "S-sorry, neevr mind. ..I guess what I'm saying is... if he has all the answers why... well.. why not tell us? either he doesn't have them.. or... "

“He does have the answers… And he’s always held them back until it was critical to know. I think in a way, he still didn’t want to get us involved, even though he knew we were. But that’s why we’re here, now, to get his answers. So, please, speak up. Oh, and that thing, about whatever he sent you to get you to join? Don’t worry about it; we’ll take care of it sooner or later.”

The player leaned in suddenly, hopeful. "You mean that?! He wasn't lying about knowing where the gift is!?"

“Well, probably not. He knows a lot of things, and has ways of finding out even more. It’ll be recovered for you. Though, you might have to be a little more vocal, get yourself in his skull. He IS rather dense, after all.

"heh... well... I'm not very vocal... I dunno....." he looked to the water, leaning back to normal. "mm.. ...what about you? are you... traveling with them to find answers?"

Nighthand paused, taken slightly off guard. “I… I really am not sure anymore. I’ve been stuck here for so long, now… Over a year. I was one of the first with this group. When I joined, it was because I had to; I logged in for the first time, only to be confronted by a huge monster rampaging through Mac Anu, controlled by none other than Royce. That’s where I met Nall, and a bunch of others. Most have… disappeared, since then, unfortunately.”

He paused, looking at his reflection in the gently rippling water. “I suppose I’m here to help, now. I have other agendas, freeing a friend of mine from her frozen state, getting rid of this damn voice in my head… But foremost is stopping these hackers. To keep the game safe and fun for everyone else.”

So you still want to get rid of me.
Honestly, I don’t know. Yes and no.
I guess we can talk about THAT later.
Indeed.

"...that's... awfully noble of you... right now I'm just following these guys because they seem to know what they're doing... and the way things are now I'm not sure I'd make it on my own...“ He paused. ”I keep thinking back to when we all died..."

“Yeah… That was… a miscalculation. I dunno what, but it was more than we should have gone up against. And by rights, we should be deleted now; something saved us. I just wish I knew what.”

He looks to Nall for a second, obviously wondering if the blademaster knows. "I guess I really don't know what I'm doing anymore....” his look turned distant. "The scariest part... is.. Following you all around... ...trying to log out... I still can't think of anything I'm trying to get back to in the real world... just the 'normal' of it I guess... s-sorry... I'm talking too much"

“No, no, this is what I was going for. And I know what you mean… Outside… I have-had, very little to live for. I lived in the middle of nowhere, was going to a school for a major that’s mostly useless, barely had any friends… The only person I’d want to see is my father, and well, he has his own character. He’s checked up on me a few times. In a way, I have more in this simulated reality than I ever did or ever would outside.”

The twin blade looked into the water, muttering something under his breath, then pauses and looks up. “We feel real pain... I... I don't want to see anyone get hurt... I want to prevent it if I can...” he paused. "There... has to be something I'm here to do"

“Maybe… Maybe you’re here to help. Who knows? But for now, things seem to be getting interesting… let’s listen to this explanation for now, shall we?”

He nodded. “Yeah…” A small smile. “That sounds good.”

Nall
Elevated Player

Post by Nall » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:53 pm

"FORWARD CHARGE!!"
Sheena shouted as her and Jinx eyed the sullen Blademaster. Nall was just recovering himself from his previous dunk into the hot springs. The water was warm and enjoyable. Sheena was not. Hijinx and Sheena both dove under water while Nall scrambled to try and defend himself. Both his legs were suddenly caught and ripped out from under him as the two playeful girls rose to the surface still holding onto his legs.

"Hehehehe! Silly Nall! He can never get away from me!"
Sheena smiled brightly and laughed. Nall slowly rose to the surface and glared at the two players. Both of them seemed to have a glow around them as they laughed at him. Nall finally grinned.

"Hey look! A hippo!"
As expected, both girls turned to look. Nall then pounced, dunking both of them. Nall laughed as girls re-surfaced. All three laughed together as the others slowly migrated towards the hot spring.

----------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Nayru just barely dodged Hijinx's cannonball splash by flying high into the air. Nayru despised water, and shouted unheard obscenities at the rabbit. It was then that Nayru first noticed the new player. Nayru flew down behind him after he jumped down to the ground.

"HEY!"
Nayru shouted to the back of Zan's head.

"You seem pretty secretive.... Are you a spy? You better not be... Or maybe your a moderator trying to stick your nose into our business! Hmmm, though you don't look like a hacker or mod..."
The little flying cat-like creature reached out with a paw and poked Zan. Nayru seemed to examine him from head to toe. Nayru finally shrugged.

"So what's your name?"

-----------------------------------------------------

“Quick question. I know of three hackers, Kuja, Xenobia, and Royce. Who are the other five? And what are their powers? Also, what’s giving us these weird powers? I sure as hell couldn’t ever wield two swords at once before I met you… oh, one last thing… you promised me rares… where are they?”

Raine had already made her way into the water, her luminescent blue hair sparkling. She sat on a rock, letting the water come up just above her breasts. She smiled at the energetic player named Reinier.

"I think they were pulling your leg about the rares, chum. The only rare thing you could gain here is whatever is going on."
Asgard offered his hand to Raine.

"Oh sorry! How thoughtless of me...I'm Asgard, ex-Admin. Pleasure to meet you."
Asgard winked at Raine as he said it. Raine giggled at the formality but decided to play along and placed her hand in Asgards. Asgard brought it up slowly and kissed it.

"It's nice to meet you too Asgard! And yes, believe it or not I know most of your past. But don't worry, I'll keep it a secret!"
Raine this time sent a wink at Asgard.

Nall felt a little uncomfortable with his cape still on. It was weird wearing it in the water. However, like his pendant, the cape will never leave his body from this point. Sheena was latched onto Nall's arm when she overheard the talking. She was pressed up as tightly as possible to the blademaster, her beautiful face showing deep content. Nall however seemed to be in pain, and was trying to get away from the death grip.

"Hehehehe! That boy has a lot of questions! I wanna answer! I wanna answer!"
Nall looked down over at Sheena.

"Why don't you let Raine explain... She might make more sense..."

"I WANNA ANSWER!!!"
Nall fell backwards into the water from the force of the shouting. It seemed like something from tv. But then again, they were in a game.

"Just let her answer Nall, she DOES know more about this subject then me... Even though you hate to admit it."
Nall resurfaced and sighed, giving a signal to let Sheena explain. Sheena smiled brightly and jumped up and down.

"OK! So, you've heard of the 8 hacker elites have you? Well, just so you know, there are more, but they arn't much trouble! They're more like mercenaries really! ANYWAYS, the eight hackers are Kuja, Jett, Melzas, Xenobia, Rugudorull, Klive, Royce, and Garaaaaaaaaaaa!"
Sheena caught her breath as she finnished the long list.

"It would take too long to explain ALL their powers, but I can tell you the main stuff! Kuja's power was water, and he also could go invincible. Jett has the power of earth, and has ways to protect himself by using it! Melzas is the master of ice, and he can see the future!"
As she said the word future she made a characteristic 'ooooooo' and waved her hands hypnotically.

"Xenobia is master of Nature, and can control bodies. Rugudorull has power over thunder and can transform into a scawwwy demon thing! Klive is master over fire, and he can do many things linked to necromancy! Royce is master of Light, and she knows how to use it extremely effectively. Garaa is the Lord of darkness, and he focuses on playing with shadows!"

Sheena smiled happily when she finnished. Raine spoke up to finnish the last part of the questions as Sheena jumped Nall.

"Well, to be precise, the original virus named Twilight is giving you all these powers... Twilight came from..."
Raine paused.

"Twilight came from one of the original creators of the game, he implemented it as a way to take over the game. However, something went wrong, and he was captured by his own virus. However, he learned that he could still control the world from inside the World, and decided to take it over. And that my friends, is how the hacker's formed."
Raine sighed.

"Twilight basically affects your data in the way that it kind of takes you out of the game... It removes the bonds that were originally placed on your characters and links you to other weird things, foreign to The World. This is why we can break the rules and do things that were thought to be impossible. It's also the reason why the Admins can't track us. Think of it as playing as someone like Sub Zero from one game but in the legend of zelda... You're still playing The World, but you don't fit."

Raine spread her arms and the water in front of her rippled and began to swirl.

"Twilight is why the hackers have these amazing powers, but it's also why you all have your own amazing powers... However, the power that the hackers have is a great deal more powerful as they each have a part of the virus directly."

Sheena jumped onto Nall's shoulders, wraping her legs around his neck. Nall looked like he was going to die.

"Thats right! See here?"
Sheena bent down and pointed to his amulet and cape.

"These are two pieces! The Cape of Deciet and The Twilight's Tear!"

Nall's face became serious now. He sighed as he looked at the group.

"To those who knew me before, they know I've always had this amulet... The reason why I was reluctant to tell you information was to protect you and to try to keep you out of this... I was hoping I could get you out without resorting to you guys getting caught up in too much... However, it's clear that that isn't an option... Also as some of you may be piecing together... Getting this amulet would be very hard for a normal player... And to tell you the truth............I used to be a hacker."

Nall paused. Raine and Sheena both kept their faces neutral. Sheena looked down a bit, a little sad.

"Basically, I ran away with this item, and I was replaced by Kuja... Ever since, I've vowed to take down the hackers for what they've done to me and everone else..."
Nall sighed.

"I'm selfish I know, but I'm not that selfish. I wasn't lying about the things I told you guys, I have the information on everything... However, we might have to wait a while before questing for those things. It depends."

Sheena got off of Nall's shoulders and latched onto his arm again. Raine moved forward.

"Don't be too hard on him... He really is trying his best..."
Nall's face dropped slightly. He was doing a very bad job at hiding his emotions of being upset.

"Anyways, I hope that explains some things... Any other questions? Don't be shy!"

Raine gave a pleasent smile towards everyone, her eyes sparkling with beauty. Sheena, who seemed more preoccupied with Nall, also smiled brightly at everyone. Nall, tried to smile, but it came out weak. Nall didn't want them to know about his past. He didn't want them to hate him.
Nall//Blademaster | SWORD | Time Headband | Kagayuzen | Hands of Life | White Boots | {Life Drain}{Skill Drain} <Rue Crack> <Rue Revolver> <Ap Do> <Miu Lei> <Ol Repth> <Rip Maen>

ryok
Elevated Player

Post by ryok » Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:46 am

-Ryok watched as Nall moved past him. He was guessing they resolved it without any further confrontation. Ryok was hopeing the next field they were going to wouldn't be sure a burden on him. Ryok sighed as he followed right behind Nall. Ryok didn't quite know what was going on, but he followed seeing as everyone was coming. Across the bridge he went until the Chaos Gate stopped him. Towering above him the gigantic golden ring spun. He turned around, and inhaled in another relaxing mix of air and water. He looked back at the gate waiting for someone to go to the field Nall had just wisked himself away to.

-"Beautiful Geothermal Aqua Field" Someone said the golden ring decending on to him. He was new, or he was someone that was just going to a random field. Ryok hoped it wasn't just a nub that was going to a field to get killed. He turned towards the gate, and repeated what the character said. He watched the rings fall on to him, and a dark screen cover his face. It was almost like being blind folded, and then taken somewhere you've never been before. Completely clueless.. Ryok landed saftely on the new field. It almost seemed like the same one he had met everyone on, but there was a big difference. A warm mist flooded the air and enhanced the smell of the aromatic grasses, and flowers. A swift wind blew past his face moving the leaves, and branches out of its way trying to find its way through the field. He started forwards looking around at everything as he passed. The sounds of bugs, and birds cluttered his ear drums. It was almost like being in a real forest. The air became dense it seemed almost like a pool of steaming water was around.

-Ryok jumped at the thought, and burst out of the bushes into the small clearing. He looked up at everyone.. His mouth came to a point, and his eyes widened. Ryok stood up brushing himself off, and looking around. Two girls in which he had never seen before were in the pool talking. Then new character in which ryok would soon find out who he was. He moved along the edge of the opening, and towards a wodden box. There was obviously something in it for it seemed hand made. He lifted the top off of it, and grabbed a swimming suit out. He walked hastily into the woods a little ways, and out of the site from everyone else. He came back in the suit his clothes hanging on a branch where he had changed. His arms were wrapped around a tiny cut, and torn body. His red fluffy hair sticking out in all directions.

-He slid into the water, and dunked his head a few times. His body moved through the water as he got used to it. It was weird moving through water.. Or data rather. His hair stuck to the top of his head a feeling that was awkward in its own. Ryok moved up out of the water only so that his eyes, and nose hovered above its surface. He breathed heavily in relaxing a bit for the first time in a long time. He listened in on the talking, and just started to realize that they were answering questions..

-"Twilight came from one of the original creators of the game, he implemented it as a way to take over the game. However, something went wrong, and he was captured by his own virus. However, he learned that he could still control the world from inside the World, and decided to take it over. And that my friends, is how the hacker's formed." One question answered.. "Twilight basically affects your data in the way that it kind of takes you out of the game... It removes the bonds that were originally placed on your characters and links you to other weird things, foreign to The World. This is why we can break the rules and do things that were thought to be impossible. It's also the reason why the Admins can't track us. Think of it as playing as someone like Sub Zero from one game but in the legend of zelda... You're still playing The World, but you don't fit." This answered his biggest question. How in the world did this happen?.. It was because of a bug a simple virus that affected him when Xenobia attacked him. That was it?!.. Ryok became flustered under the water, and shook his fist at Nall. His head rose more so that it stuck out of the water, and his lips parted..

-"-...-" Ryok stopped knowing he should wait until they were done to ask any questions.

-"Twilight is why the hackers have these amazing powers, but it's also why you all have your own amazing powers... However, the power that the hackers have is a great deal more powerful as they each have a part of the virus directly." The first girl stopped, and the other began.

-"Thats right! See here?" The other said pointing down at a cape, and an amulet. "These are two pieces! The Cape of Deciet and The Twilight's Tear!"

-"To those who knew me before, they know I've always had this amulet... The reason why I was reluctant to tell you information was to protect you and to try to keep you out of this... I was hoping I could get you out without resorting to you guys getting caught up in too much... However, it's clear that that isn't an option... Also as some of you may be piecing together... Getting this amulet would be very hard for a normal player... And to tell you the truth............I used to be a hacker." That was why Nall was so much more powerful then the others as well. "Basically, I ran away with this item, and I was replaced by Kuja... Ever since, I've vowed to take down the hackers for what they've done to me and everone else... I'm selfish I know, but I'm not that selfish. I wasn't lying about the things I told you guys, I have the information on everything... However, we might have to wait a while before questing for those things. It depends."

-"Don't be too hard on him... He really is trying his best... Anyways, I hope that explains some things... Any other questions? Don't be shy!" The first one said looking around for anyone to speak up. Ryok rose up out of the water a bit most of his aces and sores washed away by the steamy water. His head only staying above the water a few feet. It almost seemed like he was still kneeling compared to most of them. He meant to say something, but couldn't bring himself to do so. He choked on his words as he tried to force them out..

-"Hi-i.. Yea-a, uhm. I'm ryok. I was just wondering.. Why me? Why" He studdered at first bringing himself to speak, and reached up scratching his head. As he came to the half way mark his voice cracked. He stopped, coughed and tried to continue.. "was I" It was still squeeky. He coughed again nervousness setting in, and cleared his throat.. "brought to you to help? I haven't been much of a help so far, and whats with all these 'powers'." He sighed, and looked down hoping not to catch anyones glace. Then he raised his head with slight confidence, and looked around at everyone he didn't know. First at Raine, then over to Zan, and Sheena. "Who are you again?.. I don't believe I've seen any of you before." He said with again with a shakey voice. Usually he wasn't like this, but it was his first time talking to anyone of them. He looked down, and shook his head..

-Why.. did my voice crack?..

Ryok| Lvl. 27| Heavy Blade| Demonic Sword| Kagayuzen| Fire Bracer| Suzaku Fiery Pants
Karin| Kannon| Miu Lei| Vak Rom| Vak Don| Dek Vaks| Ap Vaks
Skill Drain| Death

Wish list:Black Sharp Angelic Wings| Time Headband| Unique Weapon

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:35 am

"Believe it or not, I had planned on telling you some things you need to know... And maybe you'll understand why I had, and still do, have a hard time talking about things... I have a friend that will help me. She's waiting at Beautiful Geothermal Aqua Field. This will be a relaxing quest... You guys have fought your hearts out and deserve a break I suppose...." Phoenix was somewhat ahead of Nall and the others but he managed to hear that statement. I cannot believe what he just said. That would mean that my fight was meaningless. A little bit after Phoenix finished his thought, he heard Reinier’s flame. “HAHAAH! IRONY! YOU WASTED ALL OUR TIME TO GET INFO WE WOULD HAVE GOTTEN ANYWAY! ‘Let’s go kill Nall and get a bit of information, blahblahblah,’ way to suck Phoenix. Hell if I’m ever listening to you.”

Phoenix clenched his fist trying not to attack Reinier. How the hell I supposed to know that the mysterious one was going to tell something now? I may not be able to beat the hackers with my power but I can beat you even without the gravity crush. You’re lucky that I don’t attack you now because I’m not in the mood to fight here. After his mental rant of Reinier, Phoenix finally noticed the flashmail that Hacorie sent to him. He proceeded to open the flashmail.

To: Phoenix

Hey, old friend, I have no clue what is going on, but you looked really ticked at Nall and vice versa. Could you explain to me what is going on. All of this flaunting of powers looks idiotic and bores me. I really do not care what the reason is, but I sense tension rising between this team. I did not ask to join as you know. This little argument concerns me very little. I would though like to take a stand on this matter. I do not like Nall one bit anyway since he just used tricks and got me killed and involved in this mess.

End Flashmail

Phoenix began to send a response to Hac’s flashmail.

To: Hacorie

I wanted information from Nall since he knows everything and we know so little. I figured that beating the information out of him was a good idea but I underestimated his powers. Some of the things that Nall said annoy me. Well, I supposed we will know the truth soon enough.

End Flashmail

After finishing the flashmail, Phoenix arrived at the Chaos Gate and spoke the keywords that Nall gave to him. The three golden rings covered Phoenix’s body and disappeared like the wind from Dun Loireag. Phoenix reappeared in the middle of a jungle. Why a hot place? I hate warm places. Can we go to a place that’s somewhat cold? Suddenly, Phoenix felt a sudden headache coming over him. He took his hand to his forehand and bended down for a little bit. “Kazuma-sama, are you all right?” said the concern bird. Yeah, it’s just that the heat got to me a little bit. Phoenix noticed that the others have arrived and managed to shake off the headache. He began to follow the others and took in the view of the exotic plants. I wish that colder places have plants like these. Phoenix emerged from the final set of bushes to see that there was a hot springs.

"You're late! Though I shouldn't expect any less from you Nall..." Phoenix saw a tall woman with long, blue hair with blue eyes emerged from the spring. She headed towards Nall and smiled at everyone. "Well I guess he deserved that! How could he forget to introduce you! Everyone, this is one of Nall's friends who help him, and you guys! Her name is Raine!" Raine proceed to bow to everyone and smiled. At least, she shows respect to us unlike Mr. Popular.

"You guys must have gone through a lot putting up with Nall. But even if he's not the smartest, he has a knack for getting out of the situations he gets himself into! Well, I take it most of you don't have bathing suits, but if you care to take a dip, I have a box of random suits over there. Don't worry, they aren't used! If you see one you like, try it on and join us in the water! It's really nice today," Phoenix was not interested in taking a dip in the hot springs. He readily leaned against a nearby tree as some of the other players were changing into random bathing suits. “Why not you joined them, Kazuma-sama?” I rather not. I don’t think some of them want me near them. Besides, there’s something I don’t want others to know. Well, I don’t even know if my theory is even true or not. When I first was infected with the Twilight, it seemed that all the wounds I received from various battles suddenly gave me pain. The pain was so intense that I blackout from it. I think that under my clothing… would reveal all the scars from those wounds. I’m even afraid to see what my body looks like. I don’t want them to see it as well.

As Phoenix’s morbid thought ended, he saw another woman tackled Nall. This woman was like Hijinx in a way with the antics. Suddenly, he felt something moving within his armor and began to come out. It was Hijinx’s pet blob. Phoenix forgot that the rabbit’s pet was still with him. “Why was Hijinx’s pet in your armor?” Suzaku said in a somewhat angry tone. It didn’t want it. The rabbit commanded it to accompany me. It was useful but no pet can measure up to you, Suzaku. The bird was happy by Phoenix’s compliment. Hijinx used her pet to help her make cannonball to splash everyone in the nearby area.

Baka usagi. Phoenix was completely annoyed by Hijinx’s cannonball. He was now completely drenched. Suzaku, cast a Vak Rom on me. The fiery tornado was cast around Phoenix. His clothes were being quickly dried by the tornado. Thank you, Suzaku. Phoenix felt the headache coming back but managed not to show any signs of discomfort to the group. He heard Reinier began to ask questions. “Quick question. I know of three hackers, Kuja, Xenobia, and Royce. Who are the other five? And what are their powers? Also, what’s giving us these weird powers? I sure as hell couldn’t ever wield two swords at once before I met you… oh, one last thing… you promised me rares… where are they?” Asgard quickly injected before Raine or Sheena could answer Reinier. "I think they were pulling your leg about the rares, chum. The only rare thing you could gain here is whatever is going on." There was a slight pause before Asgard spoke again. "Oh sorry! How thoughtless of me...I'm Asgard, ex-Admin. Pleasure to meet you."

"Hehehehe! That boy has a lot of questions! I wanna answer! I wanna answer!" Nall seemed to be irritated by Sheena and said, "Why don't you let Raine explain... She might make more sense..." "I WANNA ANSWER!!!" Sheena’s scream caused Nall to fall backwards into the water. Phoenix kinda of smile for a second but quickly returned to his serious look as he heard Sheena’s answer.

"OK! So, you've heard of the 8 hacker elites have you? Well, just so you know, there are more, but they aren't much trouble! They're more like mercenaries really! ANYWAYS, the eight hackers are Kuja, Jett, Melzas, Xenobia, Rugudorull, Klive, Royce, and Garaaaaaaaaaaa!" The orange haired girl took a slight breath before continuing. "It would take too long to explain ALL their powers, but I can tell you the main stuff! Kuja's power was water, and he also could go invincible. Jett has the power of earth, and has ways to protect himself by using it! Melzas is the master of ice, and he can see the future!" The girl tried to force the impression of awe by saying “oooooooo” before continuing. "Xenobia is master of Nature, and can control bodies. Rugudorull has power over thunder and can transform into a scawwwy demon thing! Klive is master over fire, and he can do many things linked to necromancy! Royce is master of Light, and she knows how to use it extremely effectively. Garaa is the Lord of darkness, and he focuses on playing with shadows!"

Phoenix now knew who were the Elite Eight Hackers and their abilities but not all their abilities are known. To him, it was start to understand the war better. He shifted his focus to Raine as she began to explain the Twilight. "Well, to be precise, the original virus named Twilight is giving you all these powers... Twilight came from..." She took a slight pause before continuing. "Twilight came from one of the original creators of the game, he implemented it as a way to take over the game. However, something went wrong, and he was captured by his own virus. However, he learned that he could still control the world from inside the World, and decided to take it over. And that my friends, is how the hacker's formed. Twilight basically affects your data in the way that it kind of takes you out of the game... It removes the bonds that were originally placed on your characters and links you to other weird things, foreign to The World. This is why we can break the rules and do things that were thought to be impossible. It's also the reason why the Admins can't track us. Think of it as playing as someone like Sub Zero from one game but in the legend of zelda... You're still playing The World, but you don't fit."

Raine took one last pause before finishing talking. "Twilight is why the hackers have these amazing powers, but it's also why you all have your own amazing powers... However, the power that the hackers have is a great deal more powerful as they each have a part of the virus directly.”

My powers came from Shinto not by the Twilight. Sheena was pointing to Nall’s cape and amulet which she referred to as the Cape of Decipt and Twilight’s Tear. "To those who knew me before, they know I've always had this amulet... The reason why I was reluctant to tell you information was to protect you and to try to keep you out of this... I was hoping I could get you out without resorting to you guys getting caught up in too much... However, it's clear that that isn't an option... Also as some of you may be piecing together... Getting this amulet would be very hard for a normal player... And to tell you the truth............I used to be a hacker."

Phoenix was not surprised by Nall being a hacker. He assumed that Nall was a hacker to begin with. The thing that Phoenix was surprised by was that Nall knew he should not bring more people into it but he did anyway. Phoenix referred to Hac, Ryok, Reinier, Lighteria, and the new person especially. "Basically, I ran away with this item, and I was replaced by Kuja... Ever since, I've vowed to take down the hackers for what they've done to me and everyone else... I'm selfish I know, but I'm not that selfish. I wasn't lying about the things I told you guys; I have the information on everything... However, we might have to wait a while before questing for those things. It depends."

Raine took over for the upset Nall and said, "Don't be too hard on him... He really is trying his best... Anyways, I hope that explains some things... Any other questions? Don't be shy!" Before Phoenix could speak up from outside of the hot spring area, Ryok began to talk first. "Hi-i.. Yea-a, uhm. I'm ryok. I was just wondering.. Why me? Why" Phoenix noticed that Ryok was having a hard time speaking. "Brought to you to help? I haven't been much of a help so far, and what’s with all these 'powers'." Ryok looked around the area before speaking again. "Who are you again?.. I don't believe I've seen any of you before."

Phoenix waited for Raine, Sheena, and Nall to answer Ryok’s questions before asking his questions. He spoke up so that everyone could hear regardless if they were the hot springs or not. “Alright, I got a couple of questions for you. Question One: what is the Elite Eight’s true objective? Is it to take over the World or something else? Question Two: If the hackers are so powerful, then why they considered us to be a threat? You guys said that our powers are nothing compared to theirs. So why? Question Three: Why are you fighting against the Elite Eight? Last Question: Why are you helping us?”

Phoenix did not want to waste this chance to get some answers. As he waited to hear Raine and Sheena’s answers, the headache continued to get worse but Phoenix continued to block the pain from it. This headache can’t be from the heat or my powers. I must focus now and jgnore until I know everything. Phoenix’s face was grimacing in pain as he waited to hear their answers to his questions.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Wish List: Phoenix's Fire, Gold Necklace
EX-Spheres: LV 3 - Overdrive, LV 3 - Curative, LV 3 - Elemental Breath

Nall
Elevated Player

Post by Nall » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:33 pm

Sheena noticed Nall's face was still sullen and quickly jabbed him in the stomach.

"Baka baka! Quit being silly!"
Nall's face showed extreme pain. More so then would be expected. It made the other players wonder if Nall was putting on a show for Sheena. Nall clutched his stomach and keeled over into the water. Sheena laughed over top of him.

"Hi-i.. Yea-a, uhm. I'm ryok. I was just wondering.. Why me? Why? was I brought to you to help? I haven't been much of a help so far, and whats with all these 'powers'."
Ryok's voice was shakey as he spoke up. He turned to Sheena, Raine, and Zan.

"Who are you again?.. I don't believe I've seen any of you before."
Raine looked over at Ryok and smiled. Sheena was occupied with drowning Nall.

“Alright, I got a couple of questions for you. Question One: what is the Elite Eight’s true objective? Is it to take over the World or something else? Question Two: If the hackers are so powerful, then why they considered us to be a threat? You guys said that our powers are nothing compared to theirs. So why? Question Three: Why are you fighting against the Elite Eight? Last Question: Why are you helping us?”

Raine then turned to Phoenix and nodded.

"Well, I'll answer the questions in order I guess. Well, to be honest, I don't know what Nall was thinking when he involved you guys... When he manages to escape Sheena you can ask him!"
Sheena looked over and smiled ear to ear as she held the bladmasters head down, his arms clawing upwards.

"As for your powers, well, as I just explained, they're due to twilight. These powers manifest for many reasons... Sometimes it's your own will, or maybe a friends will... But these skills come from the desire to have them, the virus can't live without human desire for power. Even if you yourself don't want these powers, someone out there wants them for you, and they may evolve depending on your own needs and wants."

Raine gestured to herself.

"I am Raine and this,"
Raine then gestured to Sheena.

"is Sheena. I guess you could say we're friends of Nall who are helping him. We mostly do reconnaisance and find out everything Nall needs to know, and Nall goes and does it."

Raine turned to Phoenix now and was about to answer his questions but Nall finally re-surfaced gasping for air. He looked worse then a drowned rat and his face was blue. Sheena smiled brightly at him.

"Anyways... The true objective of the Hacker Elites is to take over the real world, through The World. You see, by taking over everyone's mind, and putting them into coma's, they can control everything from inside the game. The World will become the real world and eventually no one will know the difference."

Raine giggled a bit when she thought of the second question.

"The hackers DON'T consider us to be a threat. They are playing with us right now as a tiger might play with a mouse... If they considered us a threat, they would have killed all of us by now... Even Nall despite his semingly increadible way to avoid death!"

Raine paused again before she answered the third question.

"We are fighting the Hacker Elites for personal and international reasons... Personally, they hurt Nall, and Nall wants to get back at them so we will help. Internationally.... Well, put it this way, if we don't stop them, no one will. Even if you could regain consciousness, you would come back to have most of the planet in chaos. They have people on the outside, not just the inside..."

"And as for why we're helping you, just because you're with Nall. Until now we've stayed in the background letting Nall deal with you guys... But clearly the dumbass can't explain things properly, so we figured we'd better. Normally, we'd be doing our own thing and having our own missions."

Nall, who had finally recovered himself glared at Raine. It wasn't that he couldn't, it was that he didn't want to. He still thought it was a bad idea for them to know about all this. There was no need, other then to fill their head with things that wouldn't help them fight. Even if you know the hackers name and abilities, you can't beat them, so there's no point. And then again, there was still much they didn't know, and that even Nall didn't know. The hackers were one big nasty secret...

"You guys sure do have a lot of questions! Oh well! That's Nall fault! Any thing else?"
Sheena smiled brightly at everyone, finally ignoring Nall and letting him recover.

Vera
Exalted Player

Post by Vera » Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:56 am

Vera yawned as she looked around the area of the root town; the fight was just finishing up and everyone was calming down and running towards the Chaos Gate. ”Never a dull moment, ehh”, she said to herself as she slowly walked after them. Her pace was slow and everyone had already reached the gate, but she knew the words and didn’t care if they left without her. She reached the gate and slowly and quietly spoke the keywords as the golden rings; slowly descended down upon her.

She appeared in the field behind everyone else, just in time to here something about getting a bathing suit on. She then saw the hot spring and laughed as she came up behind everyone to listen. She hated the water and had no plans of getting in.

”Why do, I care what they say.” she said as she listened to the women talking with Nall and the others. She couldn’t careless about the hacker elite and twilight. She just walked away out of their range and sat down. She was still in ear shot of them if something happened or if they left, but she didn’t care to hear the mindless dribble of what was being said. She knew the hackers could kill them as easy as flies, but what was the point in bothering about it. ”I wonder, what everyone is doing back in the real world. My friends have probably forgotten about me, who knows maybe my family has been preparing to pull the plug or something. I hate it here; this is horrible.” She said to herself as several tears fell from her eyes and onto the ground.

OOC: I know it’s short, but I would rather have a short post, then post the same thing that has been posted 8 different times and you all know, I don't like using other people characters either. Plus, I didn’t think everyone would be posting this fast.
Weapon: Shadow Guns
Armor: GunnerHeadband|Gunner Cloak|Dark Gunner Gloves|Shadow Anklet
Skills:Rapid Shot|Ani Eater|Ap Torv|La Repth|Ani Kruz
Money:8608
Items:Many
Power: Night Vision and Blindness Immune
Wishlist: More Ultra Light Gunner Equipment

Golden Orb is Currently: faint blue glow

Reinier
Awakened Player

Post by Reinier » Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:17 pm

“I used to be a hacker,” These words echoed in Reinier’s head.

Nall has the mental capability to hack? How the hell? Although it is kind of obvious… huh, we’re following the very thing that put us in comas… We can’t trust him, yet we’re forced to have to do what he says, because we have no other way… it’s a freakin’ paradox…

Ryok finally spoke up. It seemed odd for this player to speak up, and for some odd reason whenever he did he kind of… stuttered. Reinier yawned, a bit tired. The last few battles had taken their toll on the player, and the hot springs had relaxed him to a point where he could doze off at any moment. Then Phoenix spoke up, and that completely killed off the mood for nap time.

“Alright, I got a couple of questions for you. Question One: what is the Elite Eight’s true objective? Is it to take over the World or something else? Question Two: If the hackers are so powerful, then why they considered us to be a threat? You guys said that our powers are nothing compared to theirs. So why? Question Three: Why are you fighting against the Elite Eight? Last Question: Why are you helping us?”

Raine explained Ryok’s questions, then went on to Phoenix’s. "Anyways... The true objective of the Hacker Elites is to take over the real world, through The World. You see, by taking over everyone's mind, and putting them into coma's, they can control everything from inside the game. The World will become the real world and eventually no one will know the difference."

She giggled a bit then went on explaining another part of Phoenix’s question. "The hackers DON'T consider us to be a threat. They are playing with us right now as a tiger might play with a mouse... If they considered us a threat, they would have killed all of us by now... Even Nall despite his seemingly incredible way to avoid death!" Raine paused a bit, then went on to answer the third and final question.

"We are fighting the Hacker Elites for personal and international reasons... Personally, they hurt Nall, and Nall wants to get back at them so we will help. Internationally.... Well, put it this way, if we don't stop them, no one will. Even if you could regain consciousness, you would come back to have most of the planet in chaos. They have people on the outside, not just the inside... And as for why we're helping you, just because you're with Nall. Until now we've stayed in the background letting Nall deal with you guys... But clearly the dumbass can't explain things properly, so we figured we'd better. Normally, we'd be doing our own thing and having our own missions."

Reinier sat in his little rock chair, and looked around at the group. Everyone seemed so serious, and that was kind of annoying to Reinier. No one seemed to want to speak either. Reinier grinned, and decided to strike up a conversation with Nall.

"... Naaaaall... Can I have Xenobia's Crown when we kill her?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because.”

"Because why?"

“Because you can’t use it.”

“Says who?”

“The boogyman.”

Reinier blinked a bit, wondering what Nall meant. He sighed, and slowly sank in to the springs with only his eyes present to others. He muttered in the water, “Jerk.” Reinier came up from the water a bit, and twisted his neck to the left, then right, each time hearing a small crack. “How long are we staying here…?”

Before anyone could answer Reinier's question, the words "CANNON BALL!" echoed. Taimat plunged deep in to the water near all the gathering players. The dragon, from high above, free fell straight down, then at the last minute, rolled up in to a ball, with his wings covering his body. The dragon managed to create a small suction, taking Reinier off of his rocks and straight down in to the depths of the hot springs.

Reinier swam up and looked around. The players seemed a bit annoyed, but non as annoyed as Phoenix. Reinier pointed and laughed at the player, who had become more drenched then before. He paddled back to his rock and looked around at the players. They didn't seem too annoyed by the dragon's antics, but Phoenix still had that same glazed over look of evil in his eyes. The dragon snorted a bit, then doggy paddled away from the players.

I guess even the pets need a day off once and awhile...

((Short, bland, bah.))
Reinier's Wishlist: Sakabatou|Sharktooth
Abraxas' Wishlist: Complementry|Summon
The Hack's Wishlist: Wall lvl 2

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:39 pm

Nighthand listened to the more obvious questions and answers, but he had a whole other set on his mind. He had had plenty of time to dig through his memories, with the help of Silverblade, to come up with some of them; some, however, were more obvious, and he wondered why no one had asked them yet.

He waited until the current string of questions had been answered, then moved a bit closer to the three that had the knowledge. The target of his first question was Nall, though any could have answered.

“So, Nall… How long were you fighting these hackers before Gingitsune and the rest of us joined you? The first thing I remember was fighting the General in Mac Anu…”

“Ahhh yes… The good old days of fighting solo… Well, I’m not sure, but I guess it would have been close to a year…” Nall replied. Raine looked at him and corrected his overestimate. “Nine months would be more accurate.”

“And of that time, how long were you in a Coma? How long were you a regular player before that?”

Nall was silent. Sheena spoke up. “Don’t bother him with the past, it’s painful.” To which he responded with a rather pained “Sheena…”

“Pain held back only has a chance to fester… But I’ll leave it be for now, I suppose. Since Royce attacked Mac Anu way back then, and Xenobia was making the Taimudan for use on Dun Loireag, how come they’re afraid to attack us in our hideout?”

Raine fielded this one. “The first time, the admin’s were stagnant. They were lazy and unprepared for a threat. That’s why there wasn’t an immediate response. Now, security is up and the admins are ready to jump on anything suspicious. With Taimudan, the whole root town was to be destroyed, so the admins wouldn’t me able to do anything anyways.”

Sheena of course had to chip in. “I’m surprised you guys didn’t get busted for your stupid fight! It’s a good thing I was playing with their systems! Hehehe!”

Nighthand faced Sheena. “So uh, what do you do, Sheena? Are you and Raine hackers as well?”

“Kinda! Though we were never part of the Elite Hacker Association!” Her voice seemed oddly to have an exclamation point at the end of everything… A bad person to take to a funeral, Nighthand suspected.

“Yes, we were always freelancers.” Raine added.

“Well… Since all the other hackers seem to have some kind of specialization, what are yours?”

“Well, since we were never hacker elites, we don’t’ have a specialization… we’re just your run of the mill hackers.” Raine responded.

“But we kick ass! I can break any code! Hehehe!” Sheena had to chip in.

“Are there any known weaknesses to these hackers?” Nighthand continues on his roster of questions.

“Not that we know of… We know how to counter some of their abilities, like Kuja’s… but most are a mystery to us.” Raine said.

“Well, it’s not really a weakness per se, but they’re usually weak against their opposing element.. i.e. Kuja would be weak against fire.” Nall added.

“So, would that make Royce, with her unnatural Light, the strongest?”

“Yes, she is the strongest of the Eight…” Nall sighed.

Nighthand paused, wondering how to phrase his next question.

“Alright, hmm… Since they’re all so strong, so unbeatable… What if we tried to join them?”

Their eyes showed nothing, but Nighthand could tell he’d said the wrong thing, from their vicious answers. Raine was first. “If you want to be evil, hurt and torture everyone, even your old friends, go for it…”

Nall continued. “Do what you like… I have a mission, and that mission is to take them down, whether you help me or not.”

He decided to shrug it off and move on.

“Other than the hunt for Asgard, why haven’t the Admins come after us? We’re clearly illegal characters, and we sit right under their noses.”

Sheena bursts in a flurry of energy, jumping up and down and waving her arms. “That’s cause of meee! I mess with their systems so they don’t even know you exist!”

“Well, they know we exist… at least some of them do.” Nall corrected.

“Moving on then… What are the admins doing against the hackers? Other than guarding the root towns, that is.”

“Dick all…” Nall muttered. Raine hit him, and turned to Nighthand.

“Not much, because they can’t. they are powerless when the hackers have their own server. We also have suspicions that the hackers have someone on the admin team.”

Nighthand was almost out of questions, but the two most important were still unanswered.

“Nall, you died by the hands of Garaa, and yet came back to life. Later, we all died to the Taimudan, but weren’t deleted. What happened?”

“Well, to be honest, you all didn’t die when the Taimudan exploded… You have Sheena to thank for that.” Raine said.

“Yep! I managed to hack into the field just in time to get everyone out! Though I couldn’t have done it without Nall!” Sheena added. Nall was silent.

“As for Nall’s death…” Raine continued. “None of us are sure how or why either. He just came back one day, battered and shredded… We nursed him back to health and then he came back to meet you guys, after doing a separate mission of his own.”

Nighthand nodded. It all seemed to fit. He had to wonder though, was there something they didn’t want to tell us?

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:34 am

After hearing his questions being answered by Raine, Phoenix took a moment to ponder the answers while still leaning on the tree. He had his head down in a thinking manner. His hand was mostly dry along with his clothes due to Hijinx’s cannonball. Our powers come from having the desire of power. I guess our desire for power is pretty damn weak if we can’t go toe to toe with the hackers. So the elite want to take over the real world by using the World. If I was just a normal player, I would have laugh and called them crazy but this is reality. She managed to avoid the reason why they are fighting against them. They’re holding back something. I’ll bet it has something to do with Nall.

Phoenix turned his attention back to the group and heard Nighthand asking some questions as well. He deeply paid attention to Raine and Sheena’s answers to his questions. Phoenix has been wondering for awhile how they kept surviving against impossible odds. So Royce is the strongest of the eight. I figured that Xenobia would strongest with the whole controlling bodies ability. Well, I suppose that it was Royce who took the Treeweaver away from Kurai. It does make sense. Phoenix kept on listening to Raine and Sheena. It was them. They’re the ones who saving us. I suppose that they’re our guardian angels. Even they don’t know how Nall came back to life. This just proves that they are holding something back. But…

Suddenly, the headache that has been affecting Phoenix had suddenly come back but with greater intensity. Phoenix used all his concentration to hold back from screaming in pain. At the same time, Reinier’s pet decided to make a cannonball splash into the spring. Phoenix was splashed once again with the headache still in effect. The splash made Phoenix angry and annoyed but this time, Reinier decided to laugh at him. That’s enough. He needs to learn a lesson in respect. He doesn’t know what I have been through. “Do not do it, Kazuma-sama. He’s just a kid.” Suzaku, I don’t care. He needs to learn his place. Suzaku could not disobey Phoenix’s commands no matter how irrational they are. If Kazuma-sama decides to leave them, I have to go with him especially now that he is in that condition. Something is not right with Kazuma-sama.

Phoenix began to focus on Reinier’s gravity field and increase it to five times Earth’s gravity. It was enough to cause the Heavy Blade to start drowning in the spring. Phoenix went over to the spring area and began to talk trash to the drowning Reinier. “I wonder if you can hear me Reinier, with you drowning and all. Your arrogant attitude has pissed me off for the last time. I may not be able to beat the elite with my powers but I can certainly beat you down. I think I have enough of being treated like crap by everyone. This is goodbye.”

Phoenix turned his back and took one step before turning around and said, “I guess I should let go of the gravity crush on jackass here. Otherwise, you guys would try to attack me.” A second later, Reinier managed to emerge from the spring and began to cough heavily. Phoenix turned his back on the others and began walking away from the spring. So Suzaku, have you made your decision? Stay with me or join with them? “My place is by your side, Kazuma-sama. I may not agree with some of your decisions but I live to protect and serve you.” Phoenix stopped for a moment and said to his guardian. Ok then. Let’s go. As Phoenix tried to leave the field, he realized that he could not. He kept trying to leave the field but failed each time. Phoenix was now filled with intense anger. I wonder if those bitches had something to do with this.

Phoenix began to run towards the spring at full speed. As he just reached the spring itself, he jumped into the air. Once Phoenix reached the high point of his jump, he took out his sword and increased his own gravity to twice of Earth’s gravity. The resulting fall caused a huge splash that really acted as a smokescreen for Phoenix’s true target. Phoenix quickly decrease his gravity to normal to avoid the lost of traction due to the half gravity state. He went over to where Raine was and snuck up behind her. He had his sword very closely to her neck and went back to his half gravity state.

“Everyone, I suggest that you don’t try anything or I may cause my sword to slip and cut this beauty’s neck.” Phoenix felt the headache with great intensity again but thought nothing of it as the pain was becoming insignificant for him. “So Raine, why I can’t leave this field? Why do you want everyone and me trapped here?” Phoenix waited for her answer as the others were trying to figure out how to stop Phoenix without hurting Raine.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Wish List: Phoenix's Fire, Gold Necklace
EX-Spheres: LV 3 - Overdrive, LV 3 - Curative, LV 3 - Elemental Breath