Enter the World through the Theta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:43 am

Pheonix was in it deep now. The relaxing vacation was going so well before the blademaster decided to fly off the handle, his slow and graceless movements causing Hijinx to experience a new emotion that seemed so very far away and bizarre. An involuntary shiver ran up her spine and thorugh her limbs as the new thing took hold of her. She identified it as anger, and it grew immensely as the gem in her forehead glowed intensely with a black light. The water around her started to sizzle as she glared at him. This was no way to treat a host for starters. Secondly, he had the gaw to be angry when other people had been here far longer then him, suffering and constantly being tested...

Still one thought kept hammering into her brain: Grumpy, grumpy, grumpy!

Raising her eyes to meet his, the twinblade shot a stare into his eyes that would make a fearless man tremble and faint. The water around her was increasing in temperature, steam rising in huge billowing clouds. Someone would have to step in soon, or things would go very badly.
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."

Nall
Elevated Player

Post by Nall » Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:02 pm

Nall watched as Reinier gravity field was increased and he began to drown. He was about to intervene when Reinier re-surfaced.

“I guess I should let go of the gravity crush on jackass here. Otherwise, you guys would try to attack me.”

Nall, as with most the other players shot an unapproving glance at Phoenix. What was his problem anyways? Phoenix began to walk away and looked quite frustrated. He suddenly turned around and glared.

Phoenix ran back towards the group at full speed, cannonballing himself into the water. When the waves subsided, Phoenix's blade was hovering beside Raine's neck.

“Everyone, I suggest that you don’t try anything or I may cause my sword to slip and cut this beauty’s neck. So Raine, why I can’t leave this field? Why do you want everyone and me trapped here?”

Everyone seemed shocked for a second. No one knew they were locked in the field. Hijinx, by this point appeared to be growing increadiblyl frustrated. The water around he was heating up and bubbling. The little rabbit seemed to be having a little fit. Nall didn't notice Hijinx, he simply looked at Phoenix with a blank stare. Sheena too, stared in disbelief.

"What the hell are you babbling about Phoenix?"
Nall glared at the blademaster but he was confused. The field wasn't locked from leaving... It was only blocked from entering...

"I do not know what has made you so edgy, but this field isn't locked... If you want to leave, you're free to do so..."
Raine was careful not to move. She didn't want to start any conflict with Phoenix, she was hoping he'd calm down. Fighting him would not help.

"Ummm.... Raine...Nall....Phoenix isn't lying........"
Nall turned around and stared at Sheena.

"The field IS locked...."
Raine looked confused.

"But how? I didn't lock it, Sheena didn't, Nall didn't..."

"That's because I did!"
Nall and Sheena wheeled around quickly to see the originator of the voice. Nall's face almost went white in terror. He did not want to see who he saw, he did not want to be stuck in this field staring at the man in front of him. Sheena glared and looked truely angry for once in the time the group had seen her.

"Rugudorull! But how?"
The figure standing at the edge of the hot springs was covered in a long black cloak that covered all but his head. His face was sinister with a black beard that reached down to the ground. His eyes were a very dark violet, and his hair matched his beared. The man grinned evily at the group in front of him.

"You stupid fools... WHY do you think you've been running into us at every field... We're not idiots, your cloaking does shit to protect you! Hahahaha!"
Sheena looked down at the water, hiding her face from everyone. She was the one who set up the cloaking program. It was her responsibility to hide them from the hackers. Raine glared at the hacker elite. Phoenix let her go, seeing that she wasn't the cause of the lock-down, and that there was a bigger problem now.

"This isn't good..."
Raine slowly made her way over to Sheena. Nall looked from Sheena to Rugudorull, back and forth. A low growl began to form at the back of his throught as his face twisted with anger. Rugudorull lauged.

"What's the matter boy?! If I'm making you upset, then DO something about it! Hahahaha!"
Nall suddenly disappeared, the water spraying to the sides. Sheena looked up at Nall who was attacking head on. Nall appeared beside the hacker, his weapon in hand, slashing for his neck. Rugudorull laughed and stepped backwards, avoiding the attack.

"Fool."
Rugudorull's hand's appeared from withing the cloak and pointed at Nall.

"GiRai Don!"
The level 3 thunder spell formed above in the sky. However, to Nall's dismay, the thunder spell was not aimed at himself. The thunder stuck the hot springs, electrocuting all the players that were present. Horrible screams of pain echoed from the clearing as the spell took it's toll on most of the group. Nall watched as Sheena screamed like most of the group.

"BASTARD!"
Nall's eyes grew a deep red as he lunged forward, his blade ready to stab. Rugudorull laughed and moved to the side, but Nall expected this and he twisted around slashing at his torso. A large rip in his cloak formed with a small spray of blood. Rugudorull looked down at the wound and laughed.

"Hahahaha! Stupid morons! You can't kill me! Do your worst!"
Rugudorull smiled at Nall and some of the group who was stepping up to aid Nall. Raine stood up, arm's in the air.

"Phal Repth!"
The ultimate level healing spell washed over the injured players as they made their way out of the water. The hot springs was now a danger zone with Rugudorull's thunder. While their HP was restored, they were still a little disarrayed by the shock.

Rugudorull laughed menecingly, electricity seeming to pour out of his cloaked body. But there was something odd to the veteren players. This was the first time, other then Kuja and Melzas that Nall has hit a hacker elite. And both times, once he had broken the barrier that allowed him to hit them, Nall took complete charge. Rugudorull wasn't phased by the damage at all. Not to mention he was a wavemaster, so his HP and defense wasn't very strong. There was something up his sleeve, and whatever it was, Nall, Raine, Sheena, and especially the little panicing Nayru didn't want to see it.
Nall//Blademaster | SWORD | Time Headband | Kagayuzen | Hands of Life | White Boots | {Life Drain}{Skill Drain} <Rue Crack> <Rue Revolver> <Ap Do> <Miu Lei> <Ol Repth> <Rip Maen>

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:44 pm

Gingitsune watched the events unfolding at Dun Loireag from afar. Her eyes mournfully drawn as she watched the fight erupt between her friends and allies. She would not involve herself in this, why had they worked so hard to gain strength and power if this was what they were going to do?

Had they all forgotten what they were even fighting for?
They were fighting to get out of this godforsaken game, and to go home, and perhaps to save their lives. She wondered if they even remembered what it was to be human anymore. She had some vague memories of her own face, and her own laughter, but she could not remember anything. It was as if her memories had just evaporated, disappeared to make room for these new memories of pain, loneliness, and fear. Her parents were blurs inside her own mind, perhaps her mind was trying to protect her- a mechanism to stop the pain inside her from doubling, but it made it even worse to not remember the people that she cared for, and that she knew cared for her. Her teammates... perhaps they cared for her, perhaps not. It didn't seem like anyone had noticed she wasn't there, and now in the midst of the childish fighting she slipped away lightly from her roof-top perch and dropped into an alley.

There was something terribly wrong with her. She couldn't risk revealing it by going on a quest until she full understood it... It was like she had developed a sunspot... her light power was tarnished, there was a great, gaping black hole in it- waiting to devour all. She sensed it in Cybele, the wand was giving off an odd energy, a purple energy, light intermingled with darkness. Though she knew there was more light than darkness, it worried her. Her powers were becoming unpredictable, there was a chaos element there now, and with the magnitude of light she was worried what would happen if she did lose control of it. One of her eyes had become darker, she noticed, glaring at her reflection as she pulled her hood up, covering her hair and shrouding half of her face in darkness. She knew that this chaos could increase her power, but the unpredictability of it frightened her, the repercussions could be severe and she could endanger herself and her teammates.

Closing her eyes firmly, Gingitsune began to walk a familiar path, twisting through alleys and walking across paths void of players until she reached the dilapidated building on the far side of the root town.

It had been a long time since she had been to see Seth, and she wondered whether he had decided to move base after all. Seth was a shifty man, always on the move, burdened by information, gossip, rumours, and a greater knowledge of the game than many administrators. She rapped the door twice with her knuckles, scowling as they reddened. The door opened a crack, and Gingitsune could make out one snake yellow eye peering at her from the gloom. "Who is it?" The deep voice asked crossly, glaring at her.
Gingitsune smiled, her appearance had changed since she had last been to this hell hole. She pulled down her hood and met his eyes with her own deep violet ones, and immediately his expression changed.

"Gingitsune, long time no see."

She nodded curtly and forced her way into the door, "I need information Seth, I trust your going rate hasn't changed?"

The man had all of the appearance of a shifty, violent-tempered creature. His hair was pitch black and short, sticking up at odd angles all around his head. His snake-yellow eyes were narrow and merciless, and he was wearing a dark cloak that covered his entire body. His hands were shoved into black leather gloves, and on a ragged chair in the corner was propped his heavyblade. Gingitsune had never liked his 'place.' It was a small windowless room with a musty odor, dark and dank as a cave and perhaps less comfortable. There were a few dilapidated pieces of furniture scattered throughout the room, and Gingitsune settled herself on a familiar flowered armchair facing a weakly crackling fireplace.

"No." He said, "It's still the same. Though I must say that business has definately decreased since you were last here. Those damn hackers are screwing everything up."

"I know," she said smiling slightly at a flicker of flame that burst up like a phoenix, and fell once again into ashes at the bottom of the uncleaned hearth. "That's really what I'm here to talk about."

"Getting in trouble with them again?"

"It's not like I've had any choice. I've been attacked at every step. They're becoming too powerful, and I'm afraid we won't be able to stop them at the rate they're going... It's become their own special little project to destroy my group and I."

Seth sighed and flopped down on the armchair, kicking aside his blade and it clattered to the floor with a metallic whine.

Gingitsune smiled, life was so funny sometimes, this shady character named 'Seth' was her friend from school. Her hazy memory called up the image of a rather introverted boy named Will, tall and lanky and lacking in self-confidence. He knew about her situation, yes, but she trusted him. She'd been friends with Will since she was a child, although it seemed odd to her now, they were both so different in these digital forms- she the self-proclaimed mistress of light, and he the skeevy back-alley informant.

"You're in trouble then Ging. Deeply in trouble. Those idiots just don't give up, if they want something from you they'll keep at it until they get it..."

Half an hour later Gingitsune left the alley, her hood once again shrouding her features, pinned together at the front of her body with a rather pretty brooch. Cybele clacked emotionlessly on the ground as Gingitsune pushed forward. She had learned what she had wanted, and had paid Seth with a considerable chunk of her gold- though what he did with it was a mystery to her. Her mind buzzed with the information she had received- about herself, the hackers, and the World... and also her home. Although she had stuck to business for most of the conversation, a small voice had prodded her into asking. She was in the hospital, she, her true self, lying on a cold white-sheeted bed in a cold white-walled building. She was in a deep coma, being feed through an IV, but she was stable and since her mind was showing activity they weren't classifying her as a vegetable. Her parents were well. As well as they could be.

Gingitsune sighed and put her hand over her dark eye, the last thing she need was more complications.

Walking toward the chaos gate she decided to catch up with the rest of her group. She wondered if Jocasta would finally emerge from her tattoo, or if the sphinx was gone forever... She doubted it, but there was really only one way to find out. A wave of sadness hit her, she would miss that terrible creature if it was gone.

To: Reinier

I'm afraid I overslept... ^__^;
Where are you?

End Flashmail

She sat herself down near the Chaos Gate to wait.

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:26 pm

Aww shit. Nighthand thought, as soon as phoenix went bonkers. Ignoring the enraged blademaster, he turned and rode the wave he made to the edge of the springs and scrambled out of the water. He wanted a better footing, a better advantage, if it came to a real battle.

It turned out to be the right thing to do, as not soon after, the hacker appeared and zapped the springs.

Even outside the water, outside the blast range, Nighthand felt something in that blast.

Hey, he looks kinda like you did way back, doesn’t he?
What do you mean?
Well, he has a black cloak, just like the one you lost in Kuja’s field… He has dark eyes, and long dark hair. The only major difference is his beard.
Oh, goodie, so one of these buffoons copied me. How, exactly, was this useful?

Tuning out the Silverblades answer, he swiftly shifted his armor back into place, and drew his weapon, his Life Sword.

I have a single darkness skill, and it’s only level 1… I might be able to boost that, but it’s still no easy match for this guy’s thunder… I’ll have to either focus on defense, or defend and cock a spell at read for if he leaves an opening.

Nighthand called on one of his older abilities, State Shift. He shifted most of what he had into speed, and dashed in a blur up to about fifteen feet from the newly-appeared hacker. There, he shifted everything he had into strength. He wouldn’t be able to move very much, but he could take a lot.

”So. You’re Ragdoll. I’ve heard so much about you. I’m Nighthand, big fan. So, what are you here for? Going to toy with us until we beat you, then boast how you were toying with us and leave?

Reinier chipped in from nearby. “Dude, Night, last time you did this shit you got vaporized.”

”I know, but I’m fine now, no harm done.” He replied over his shoulder.

Reinier sighed and backed as far away as he could. “You’re death.”

Nighthand grinned and winked at him, then turned back to the hacker.

”hahahaha! Actually, I wasn’t planning on letting you all live. I’m not like that bitch Royce! I’ll kill you and enjoy it! OrMeRai Kruz!”

Figures, I’d get the hardass. Nighthand thought to himself as the thunder converge formed around him. Hurriedly, he reached out with his skill and grabbed the forming orbs of thunder, trying to warm their path to erupt around him rather than at him. (4)

He could feel the hacker’s power behind the spell, fighting his own movements. The pathways arched, some split. The spells power erupted in the air around him, the smell of ozone strong.

GIVE ME CONTROL! Silverblade shouted in his head.

Nighthand didn’t even think, he just reacted. Something in the way Silverblade had said it compelled him to obey. He sank into his head as the first bolt connected, sending his arm into spasms.

The ground where Nighthand stood erupted in a massive explosion of thunder and ionized dust. When it settled, he was nowhere to be found.

”Wow, what the hell did he try to do? Hahaha! Stupid moron! Hmph, where did he go…”

At the same time as he said this, Phoenix received a flashmail.

To: Phoenix
Please for a few moments would you increase my gravity? I know you can’t see me, but… Look up?

Phoenix glanced up, and was the first to spot Nighthand. Silverblade felt his gravity increase.

Nighthand, in his head, knew what was happening. Silverblade had shifted all to speed and fled the spell, taking damage, but not the full brunt of the attack. Now, in the tree, his stats were full to strength again.

”Ani Don…” Whispered Silverblade, fully in control of the body now. He stood on a limb of the tree above the hacker. Ruguderoll still hadn’t noticed, and his voice seemed to come from everywhere.

Ruguderoll noticed the spell forming above him, but of course was confident enough not to move from the low level attack.

Suddenly, the energy pulled back, gathering in Silverlade’s palm at the same time he began another attack. ”Gan smash” He murmured to himself, then slammed the darkness energy to merge flawlessly with the earth, collectively increasing the power to a level three attack. (19)

”GiAniGan SMASH!” Silverblade called out, leaping from the branch at the hacker. His increased gravity, thanks to Phoenix, sent him falling like a rock. His skill was sure to hit. His blade trailed an intense, almost like a sonic boom, but visual rather than aural, distortion of the air. Black and brown energy leaked from it as the power was merged and combined. With his stats all in strength, this attack would be devastating.

”Hrmph, this could hurt…” Ruguderoll mumbled to himself, as the unavoidable attack struck with an explosion of darkness, earth, and pure physical strength.

All that was left now was to watch the dust settle.

Reinier
Awakened Player

Post by Reinier » Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:18 pm

While Reinier enjoyed his laughter at Phoenix for his dragon’s antics, he heard the three bell chime of a Flashmail being received.

I'm afraid I overslept... ^__^;
Where are you?

Reinier smiled, a bit over eager to see Gingi in a bikini. He quickly hit reply, and sent a Flashmail her way.

To: Gingitsune

We’re in Beautiful Geothermal Aqua Field. There’s hot springs here, with bikinis on supply ^___^ Hurry!

Reinier sent the message and began to paddle back towards his safe little chair of stone. That’s what Reinier would have liked to do, but then came the big bad bully of the playground, Phoenix. He knew what he would do, for Phoenix was a very predictable person. He would try to drown Reinier by using his gravity powers. He sucked in all the air he could, and felt his gravity increase at least five fold. He plunged deep down in to the springs, but quickly hit the ground. He crouched down to his knees, with his left arm pushing against the ground. He could feel the rocks digging deep in to his arm and legs, splitting the skin. He jerked his head up and could see Phoenix standing over him. Reinier grinned.

I can stay down her for at least five minutes bitch, I’ve done it before. Taimat, this is the only time I’m going to ask for something. I need you to go and grab my gems. It’s time to test out my new ice weapon.

Wow, taking command… this is weird for you. Fine, but you owe me.

Thank you friend.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Taimat burst out of the waters and flew over the group towards where Reinier had set down his clothes. The dragon landed through the trees, and went through the people’s clothes. He finally found where Reinier set his things, but found something odd. The two gems Reinier had collected were connected to an odd charm bracelet thing.

A thin chain of silver with eight separate holsters for the same sized gem was linked together. The dragon shrugged a bit and picked up the bracelet in his mouth and began flying back over to where his master lay in the water. By this time, Reinier had managed to get out of the water and waiting for his faithful guardian to return.

Three minutes… he will regret doing this to me. I swear, he will.

Reinier felt his gravity return to normal, and he burst up back to the surface. Reinier took in a small breath, not really noticeable to anyone. He was fine. Years of constant swimming and breath holding contests had done their damage to Reinier in conditioning him to be able to hold his breath for long periods of time. He immediately swam towards the shore and leaped out of the water. He felt a little wobbly from the gravity, and the blood dripping from his lower legs and left arm were an annoyance, but other then that he seemed to be in working condition.

He shook off dry, and awaited the return of his faithful pet. The dragon appeared seconds later, and tossed Reinier an odd charm bracelet. He looked down at it, and wondered how it appeared. He shrugged and put it around his left hand. He saw an odd image, something he had never seen before, nor imagined to be possible.

Reinier stood in a white void, the kind you would see in a simulator. The only thing in view was as single tree, of relatively high stature, twenty to thirty feet high. It didn’t feel like Reinier was in control though, it felt like he was a spectator. He looked around to see someone else, in front of the tree. Another Reinier.

Oh God, two of you? That’s too many.

Tell me about it…

This Reinier, however, seemed to be emotionless. He held up his left arm to reveal his charm bracelet, only he had each gem. He ripped off the blue gem, and thrust it in the air. “Shuriken of the Crystal Lake,” he said, with no emotion, as if he were a robot. His arm up to his elbow glowed a deep blue color, and began to take form of something. An arm holster of the sorts it seemed to be. It wrapped around his arm, an oddity you would wear as armor to block sword blows maybe.

The holster reminded him of an old, old anime he would watch called Shaman King. The holster looked just like that, minus the glass part that displayed things, and the three claws were on the bottom of the wrist, and one on top. He brought his fist down in front of his face, and slowly rose his fore and middle finger, to reveal the blue gem in between. He lightly dropped it in front of his wrist, and it began to glow a brilliant blue color. As it descended, it slowly began to take the form of a four pointed star. It stopped on the bracer, then exploded to an enormous size.

Four foot. The size of each individual spike on the four-sided star reached at least four feet long. Reinier grabbed the shuriken and thrust it down towards his fist. A small click echoed, as he switched it back to his right hand. He wound the massive shuriken backwards, then hurled the star towards the tree. The shuriken made a slight humming sound, as it burst through the tree, freezing the edges it broke, and the ground that it had plunged in to. Reinier pulled back, causing the string the shuriken was on retract. He caught the shuriken with ease, and detached it from the dental floss-like string.

He switched the shuriken to his left hand and lowered his right. Three claws from under his wrist shot down in to the ground, and suddenly erupted from the ground, ensnaring the tree. The floss like string clung to the tree so tightly that it seemed to leave an impression. The middle of the shuriken began to twirl around his left wrist as he pointed it up towards the tree. An orb of ice formed in front of his fist, and began to enlarge. As if he shot off a rifle, the orb blasted towards the tree.

It grew a bit in size as it made its’ way, until it eventually reached the size of an adult. The orb converged upon the trunk of the tree, and encircled it for a minute. The orb seemed to implode, and dissipate, leaving the trunk of the tree completely frozen. The Rainier “clone” turned around and looked up to a dumbstruck real Reinier. The cold devilish eyes of this Reinier made the real Reinier frightened. Before he could say anything, Reinier awoke from his trance. Barely a minute had passed.

Reinier grabbed his ice gem, and in the same sequence as he watched his other self do, called out, “Shuriken of the Crystal Lake.” First, the holster appeared around his arm, next came the massive shuriken of at least four feet in length. Before he could do much, he saw Phoenix run past him and grab the beautiful Raine. “Everyone, I suggest that you don’t try anything or I may cause my sword to slip and cut this beauty’s neck. So Raine, why I can’t leave this field? Why do you want everyone and me trapped here?”

“Phoenix, get off your power trip, let go of the girl. Do you need to hold little girls hostage to feel big?” Reinier said, doubting anyone heard him. No one moved. Some tried to get Phoenix to come to his senses, but that didn’t seem to be happening any time soon.

"That's because I did!" A player called.

It’s a hacker… for sure…

"Rugudorull! But how?"

RUGUDORULL!?! THE FUCKING DEMON!? WHAT?? This isn’t good…

Be on your guard, this is the one time I will help you. I’m getting wiiieeerrrd vibes from this guy.

Thanks.

The cloaked man raised his hands, and called out, "GiRai Don!" The spell hit not a soul, but instead, the water the players had gathered in. Reinier’s eyes shot open as he looked up to the hacker.

Ruthless bastard…

Raine stood and cast the ultimate healing spell, Phal Repth. Everyone was healed, including Reinier. He watched as the blood from the bully Phoenix’s attack dry up and disappear. Reinier gulped and watched as Nighthand came out of the water and came closer towards the hacker. “So. You’re Ragdoll. I’ve heard so much about you. I’m Nighthand, big fan. So, what are you here for? Going to toy with us until we beat you, then boast how you were toying with us and leave?”

DUMBASS!

“Dude, Night, last time you did this shit you got vaporized,”
Reinier said to his new friend.

“I know, but I’m fine now, no harm done.” Reinier sighed and backed away from the player.

“Your death.” The hacker laughed.

“Hahahaha! Actually, I wasn’t planning on letting you all live. I’m not like that bitch Royce! I’ll kill you and enjoy it! OrMeRai Kruz!” The explosion of might and power ensnared Nighthand, leaving nothing but a cloud of dust. Reinier sighed, and shook his head.

“Hate to say I told you so…” He muttered. The next part happened so fast. Next thing Reinier knew, Night had taken to the air, and called out a spell he had never heard of before.

“GiAniGan SMASH!” A black and brown sphere of pure power had encircled Nighthand’s blade. The rate at which Night descended from seemed a bit… unnatural. Reinier shoot a look towards Phoenix, who seemed to be using his powers. Reinier smiled a bit, then looked back up at the two players. An explosion of pure power, strength, and cunning had been expelled from Nighthand’s attack. Reinier stood gazing up at the player, amazed at his power.

Amazing…

Reinier gulped, and made sure his shuriken had been connected to its’ guide wire. He knew this wasn’t over. No, that was too easy. He called out, “If anyone wants to grab clothes or fighting utensils… now’s the time… we’re going to have a demon to deal with…”
Reinier's Wishlist: Sakabatou|Sharktooth
Abraxas' Wishlist: Complementry|Summon
The Hack's Wishlist: Wall lvl 2

Asgard
Exalted Player

Post by Asgard » Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:25 am

BZZZT

Asgard was taken surprise by Rugudorull's level three spell. The blast of lightning descended down right upon him, able only to watch the great band of energy fall and electrocute the whole spring. He only had enough time to bring up his arms in an X, in a vain attempt to block the attack. The lightning hit the water and everything in it took a truckload full of damage. Thankfully, as the multiple strikes struck the pool, only two damage dealing blows were felt by the Fist Fighter. Thankfully, Asgard had opted to keep his Lucky Shoes on in the pool, bringing up the No Damage bonus for one of the three hits. But the GiRai Don still hurt like a mother, as the downside to his dark-based armor made him more vulnerable to Thunder based strikes. Enough to take him straight down to unconsciousness.

He was feeling the pain as he felt the pool wash over him as he fell in, face first in the water. His body slowly sank in the hot springs, his feeling of touch fading. Everything in his body was numb, but his brain was racing a mile a minute, trying to figure out how to get everything back to normal before Asgard drowned.

SHIT. Shitshitshitshitshitshit. I'm gonna die. I. AM. GOING. TO. DIE!" Asgard couldn't produce any other kind of rational or intelligent thought. This was a worse case scenario at its worst...Terrato? Nox? Miserati? Munnox? Barba? ANYONE?! HELP ME!!! Asgard's thought process was getting worse. He was panicking and if he had control of his arms, out of control. It was only going to get worse, as it has probably been thirty seconds underwater.

"Holy crap! Was that a NICE shock! My feathers feel like miniature power plants!" Asgard knew the voice. It was Munnox, Owl of Thunder. The massive shock intake most likely brought its soul out of hiding and be able to revel in the rampant electrical energy.

Munnox! Stop fooling around! Get Nox front and center or I will make sure to PLUCK your feathers like I did the last time! Asgard was furious now, in his semi conscious state. He wasn't dead, as the HP counter was a bit away from zero. But getting hit on the head with a lightning bolt multiple times would most likely knock out, if not kill, a mortal man.

Time passed. Asgard couldn't tell what was going on around him, as his soul sat in his almost lifeless body, unconscious. Almost losing all of his belief that he will pull through, he let what seemed to be the abyss of death swallow him...

Until a sharp shot hit his body like a well placed brick.

===============================================

Asgard coughed up the water he had taken in as he curled up out off his back and over the side. The hot spring water was ejected forcefully from his lungs, making his body ache all over. He tried to breathe for air like a vaccuum, but couldn't breathe at all.

"I guess that worked." Asgard knew the voice that worded that sentence. It was Terro...

"Good. The faster he can get back to his feet the better." He also heard Raine, the blue haired beauty from before. She was probably the one who was able to drag him out to dry land. Asgard tried to feel his chest and felt a tiny indentation in his chest cavity, most likely due to Terro's forceful CPR.

"You...headbutted me?" Asgard asked Terro, trying to make sense of any logic within that course of action. Terro sighed and looked indifferent. Asgard looked quite angry, ready to tear off the Gryphon's head. Raine, through the chaos, smiled a little at their minor scuffle. "Nevermind..." Asgard coughed as he got back to his feet. Kneeling down before standing up straight, he grabbed his spiked bracer, the Dragon Fist, and locked it into place. He looked over to Rugudorull to see that a giant cloud of smoke and dust had encased where the bearded hacker had first stood.

Asgard quickly shot a hand into his pockets and pulled out a Warrior Blood. Sizing up the situation, he assumed that the foe was of Wavemaster origin, due to the fact that a magical attack of that magnitude could only come from medium or light classes. Then again, he WAS a hacker, so there was no way to be sure. Then, Asgard remembered Sheena's description of Rugudorull, as a master of lightning and is able to transform into a demonic being. Hopefully for Asgard, demonic, in this sense, meant fire based.

"Terro, Ap Corma me please." The Gryphon nodded and activated Ap Corma upon him. In summation, both of his attack parameters were now increased greatly; The parameters that measured the intensity of his damage hacks.

Asgard waited patiently to the side, waiting for the dust to clear. If the hacker appeared as a demon, he would strike with a powerful attack: His Rue Cross. If not, he would lay in wait for an opening...[/i]
This is my non-banner profile. Read at own discretion!
Wishlist (Bolded sections denotate priority, in descending order)
In General: LEVELS
Pet-Related: EX-Levels, [Lv. 2]Overdrive Sphere, [Lv. 2]Ressurect
Armor: Dice Gloves (20 RARE), Golden Turban (42), Saint Cross (41), Protect Ring (41)
Weapons: Master Nunchaku (40 RARE), Three-Section Staff (37),
Items: (None)

Lighteria
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Lighteria » Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:35 am

Talking to Nighthand was more therapeutic than I thought it'd be... Kinda weird opening up to someone. ...Maybe I'm just not used to it.

Lighteria thought as he looks back at Kit as she lounges in a sunbeam peeking through the trees.

Maybe I should put this swimsuit on... my pants are starting to feel baggy with water. ...Plus my shirt's clinging to my chest and that's just plain uncomfortable. But there's no way I'm changing in front of everyone, that is SO not happening. I'll just wait for a good time to slide out of the water and dash into the bushes.. That way- . ..? What's that?

GiRaiDon!

"Oh nuts!!" Lighteria semi-shouts, trying his best to leap from the pool to avoid the shock. Unfortunately for him, lightning tends to be rather hard to dodge. The electrified water grips his ankle as he tries to escape, the current of electricity flowing through him. He screams a semi-high-pitched scream as sparks fly off the moisture around him. A few seconds of agony pass and he collapses to the side of the springs, twitching, charred black and unconcious.

"Lighteria!!" Kit yells, rushing over to his side. The glow of Phal Repth surrounds the twinblade before Kit can commence with the healing. She breathes a sigh of relief and starts pawing Lighteria's face, trying to get him to wake up.

I hear... children's voices... ...It's cool here... ...Did I die? Or am I dreaming again?

Slowly, the twinblade opens his eyes, finding himself in a familiar dreamscape. A vast endless ocean of white water with blue ripples. The floor merely ankle deep, but the ceiling also covered with the same water, both stretching out endlessly in all directions. Slowly, The twinblade lifts his head out of the water, struggling a little as he sits up. The echo of distant waves passing through his senses.

"This one again...?" He asks, slowly getting to his feet. He shakes the water out of his hair for a moment and starts walking, aimlessly. "Last time I just kept walking I woke up... It'll happen again I'm sure." He says quietly, his feet splashing in the water below with each step.

Five minutes pass by without a thing happening. Lighteria's face contorts, getting worried for everyone.

I wonder... are they alright? That guy looked like he meant business...

"They could kill us all if they wanted too..." Nall said that... is it true? I've got to wake up NOW. I have to help them.

"COME ON!!" He yells to himself, slapping his own dream form cheek. "WAKE UP!!" Slap* Slap* The sound of the light punsihment echoes endlessly in the ocean of white and blue. After a few seconds a voice echoes through his mind.

Lighteria... you must... ...become... as......us.......your... powers... are in infancy...

"AAHH!!" Lighteria yelps out, his head suddenly pounding. "My head..." He grips the temples of his head, his whole body suddenly aching.

This pain... it's what I felt when I was shocked! Am I waking up?

"Lighteria!!" Kit yells as the twinblade slowly opens his eyes.

"Kit?" Lighteria blinks, feeling rather odd. He looks up to the thunder psycho his fists tightening as they whip the shadow blades from his belt. "...Oh it's on." He says to himself, shrugging off the pain and leaping to his feet. He rushes at the hacker, dark points of light trailing behind him and attaching themselves to his hands. "Dark Dance!"
Lv. 37 Twin Blade (180 SP)
Weapon: Rashou (Thunder Coil- 30, Suvi Lei- 20, Mumyn Lei- 30) (Life Drain)
Armor: Holy Tree Mail (Juk Kruz- 20) - Scarab Earring (La Repth- 20, Rip Maen- 40) - Time Sandals (Ap Do- 15) - Forest Gloves (Juk Kruz- 20)
GP: 14384

Wish list (In order of priority): Angel halo accessory, chibi angel wings, Bone Armor, Professional

Lighteria: "Obsessively updating my profile since Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:10 pm"

Nall
Elevated Player

Post by Nall » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:46 am

”GiAniGan SMASH!”

Nighthand, or rather, Silverblade, came crashing down towards Rugudorull. Whether the hacker wanted to dodge this attack or not was not an option, as Rugudorull couldn't have dodged it if he wanted to. However, he wasn't planning on dodging an attack this well planed, creative, and executed. He grinned up at the attacker.

”Hrmph, this could hurt…”
The crash of earth and darkness ripped into the hackers body. The force of the explosion that followed was increadible. No one had witnessed an attack of such ferociety from the HeavyBlade before. As the dust was subsiding, some of the players moved to do what they felt nessecary.

Nighthand moved back slightly, waiting to survey the damage inflicted upon the hacker. To his suprise, and many of the others.............Rugudorull was cleaved nearly in two. His body was floating upright in the air, but a large, clean cut was present from his right shoulder down to his waist. In between the flesh and blood was electricity, seeming to hold the Wavemaster together. Some of the newer players were overjoyed at this, but some remembered Raine's earlier explanation. Why would he just stand there? An evil laugh echoed through the large field.

"Hahahaha! Good good.... You all are quite formidable..... I hope you make this enjoyable for me!"
Rugudorull's sadistic grin widened as thunder began to fall from the heavens. His hair went straight like he was hit with static electricity. It stood up in all directions giving him very large spikes of hair. Even his beared was spiked. When this had happend, all the players noticed something new about this hacker that was hidden before by his hair... Two earrings were glowing from each of his ears. Most assumed, from the nature of these items, that they were his piece of twilight. Raine's head fell slightly.

"The Earrings of Twilight.... Or better known as the Earrings of..."
Rugudorull's laugh pounded down upon the players as his body began to glow white. It made the players cringe in pain as the energy swept over them.

"DEMONIC PULSE! SUMMON...INNER...DEMON..."

"Raikiri."
"RAIKIRI!"

The players gasped as everyone was knocked over with the invisible force of the transformation. When the players looked back towards Rugudorull, they did not see the hacker... They didn't even see what the were imagining...

The creature that stood before them all was pushing fifteen feet tall, nearly three times the size of themselves. He had wings which looked tattered and spread out at least as wide as the demon was tall. His face was twisted and evil, eyes glowing deep red, fang's dripping with saliva. He had two horns atop his head which twisted slightly downwards and appeared to be conducting electricity like the rest of his body. His body was lean, and powerful. Scaled all over, with black fur on top of some places. His arms were long and bulged with more muscle then nessecary. His hand's were as normal as possible, except for their massive increase in size. Silver, spiked gauntlets outfitted his hands and most his arms. His leg's also bulged with muscles, but they were shorter on him then they would be in proportion. His feet were large hoves, which were armored in silver spiked boots. Around his neck, a silver, spiked choker was in place. His chest bulged with increadible muscle, so much it seemed it should burst.

Raikiri let out a horrific roar that echoed through the field. His mouth opened wide revealing his numerous sharp, and deadly teath. Raikiri looked down upon the group and grinned.

"HaHaHa! Pathetic Fools... You Can Do What You Like To My Pathetic Player Body... THIS Is My TRUE Power!"
Raikiri spread his wings and laughed again, electricity flowing from his body like he was a power plant. The once blue sky had long become dark and twisted, thunder crashing down everywhere around.

Nall growled and stepped back far away from the demon Raikiri.

"Shit... This isn't good at all... Everyone! Be careful! This demon's extremely powerf--"
Nall was cut short suddenly by a swift kick by Raikiri's left hoof. Nall was punctured in two places by the silver spikes as he was kicked off far into the woods. The players gasped as they witnessed this, watching Nall being kicked away like a little doll. Raine brought the sulking Sheena to her feet and shouted.

"Strong in ALL fields! Don't let it's size fool you! Raikiri's FAST!"
Raikiri looked over to Raine and laughed.

"Fool. What Good Is Telling Them How Unstoppable I Am? HaHaHaHaHa!"
Raikiri flew up into the air and charged towards where Raine and Sheena were, which was on the opposite side of the hot springs.

"PhaRai Don!"
Raikiri shouted from the air as the level 4 thunder spell formed over Raine and Sheena. The group looked in shock at the bikini girls who were about to be vapourized. Raine's arm came up at the last second as the blast hit down on them. A furry of sparks and lightning burst from the point of impact. However, when the electricity subsided, Raine and Sheena were unharmed and protected within a barrier of energy.

"What? Did you think we didn't know how to fight? PhAni Don!"
Raine shouted. This time it was Raikiri under pressure. The power of darkness crashed down towards the demonic creature. Raikiri fell towards the earth giving himself enough time to conjure up his own defense.

"PhaRai Kruz"
Raikiri manipulated his thunder attack to hit Raine's attack and nullify them both with a large explosion. Raikiri's plummit stopped right before touching the water. He laughed.

"HaHaHaHa! Not Bad Little Girl! But It's Not Enough To Beat Me!"
Raikiri moved back onto the land and landed. Nighthand, during the commontion sneaked away to the bushes concealing himself. He didn't want to openly attack, but he had a scroll out ready for the opportunity. At this time however, something else shocked him and the rest of the group.

Raikiri grinned as he held his hands up into the air. Light began to form and mold itself into a large disk like object. When the shape was complete, the light shattered off like glass and what was left was the Vibrance. It was a large disk, about five feet in diameter, that was notched like a gear. Upon it's surface was a visable sunburst in which the rays were stylized as thunderbolts. The Vibrance radiated with electricty ferociously.

"Heh Heh Heh... Lets See... Who Will Be The First Fool To Die!"
Without looking, Raikiri's powerful arms launched the large disk at one of the players. The Vibrance sparked violently as it spun faster. Lightning eminated from the disk making it into a deadly, razor sharp disk of death. Reinier's eyes went wide as the sonic disk connected with his neck, sending his head flying into the air, the rest of his body fried with electricity. Of all the players, it seemed like Reinier was the least plausible choice. Raikiri burst our laughing as the Vibrance returned to it's master.

"HaHaHaHaHa! Too Easy! The Weaker One's Are So Much Fun To Mutilate!"
The ground around Raikiri errupted with energy, electricity was oozing from his body. Raikiri roared once again, making the field shake. Sheena, who was still in no condition to do anything. Raine sighed and placed her inside the bushes where she hoped she'd be safe. Raine went to stand beside the group, still in her bikini.

"Well? To be honest, we don't know how to fight this thing... Anyone have any bright idea's?"
Nall was still nowhere to be seen.

(OOC: yes Reinier can be revived XD)
Nall//Blademaster | SWORD | Time Headband | Kagayuzen | Hands of Life | White Boots | {Life Drain}{Skill Drain} <Rue Crack> <Rue Revolver> <Ap Do> <Miu Lei> <Ol Repth> <Rip Maen>

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:35 am

When the blast struck the pool of water, hijinx had been standing, even more angry. Something deep inside her knew this was bad. Hacker or not they weren't going to be prepared for what was about to happen. As the electric flow coursed through her she roared in pain. The water was vaporizing around her, vanishing by inches as the others were evacuated from the hot spring and Phal Repth was cast. The convulsions from repeated electric shocks weren't helping her either. It was the same as a rodeo, when the bull is shocked to cause it to go crazy. The problem was, this wasn't a bull, it was hijinx, and the rabbit was smart.

All the while things were happening, Nall getting sent flying and Raine fending off a high level spell as well as countering with her own. Seconds later reiner was decapted a few feet off to her side, but she just fumed and screamed, the sound carrying much farther than she would have liked. Her muscles bulged for a second and tightened, her eyes glowing with a fierce black light. She snarled loudly to anyone close enough to hear and roared like beast of hell as she leaned towards the demonic hacker. Slowly drawing her shadow blades from their sheaths, she stomped out of the water towards Rugudorull. Hatred burned inside her for this person somehow, and she wasn't willing to let him have this victory.

Flashing red text appeared over her as she growled in his direction.

FERAL

Her voice was no longer musical or happy, but an ominous violent noise. "You're going to die for hurting my friends!"she shouted, charging at the hacker with disturbing speed. Her threat was met with laughter as he attacked her with his new toy, missing as she jumped it and yelled out a familiar attack.

"Darkness dance!"

A horrible black shadow swept over the field, almost completely obscuring vision as Hijinx took a mad swipe for Rugudorull's face.

OOC: Yep, hijinx angry for once. The speed and strength are boosted, but she's not fighting as smart as would normally. Have fun! :bunny:
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."

Vera
Exalted Player

Post by Vera » Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:12 am

Vera sat behind the tree as she heard everyone screaming at the site of a hacker. "And look, who is the smart one behind the tree." she said to herself as she pulled out her guns and started to load them.

"GiRai Don!"

"Hmm, this one like’s electric. Let’s see...that would be ani." She said as she finished loading her gun and slowly started to stand up. She couldn't really care what was happening as she heard screams from almost everyone; she actually started to giggle for a moment, "Look, who’s the smart one that stayed out of the water." she said under her voice as she smiled.

”GiAniGan SMASH!”

"Damn! On second thought, maybe I should wait" she said as she peeked her head around and saw nothing but a cloud of dust between Nall and Nighthand. She was preparing to complain, but cut herself short as the dust cleared; she blinked and laughed silently. The fearsome hacker Rugudorull was cleaved in half pretty much; but still alive, which was a first for her to see. She prepared to remark again as the hacker went onto his normal cliché hacker power trip speech. "Ohh screw this." she said as she turned and walked behind the tree and waited.

A few minutes later Vera came out from behind the tree; her tail was swishing furiously as her eye twitched to what she saw. The insane cleaved hacker had turned into a giant demon; which was also a first for her to see. With this new annoyance she shook her head and watched Nall, be sent somewhere in the distance by the demon. "Damn, this guy is intense." she said as she laughed.

"I wonder if stripping for him would help. Stopped Kuja from killing me, but did piss everyone off. Nah, this one seems gay and well, I thought Kuja was a girl at first; I really should learn to listen to them more often." she rambled as the demon Raikiri had summoned some giant gear and killed a newbie to the group. ~Yay, kill the newbs.~ she thought as she laughed and pulled out her gun and a Resurrect. She kept it ready, just incase she wanted to revive someone to be a meat shield for her, but she felt it would be best to do everything in her power to keep moving. She quickly rummaged through her inventory as she pulled out several items. Warrior's Blood, Knight's Blood, Hermit's Blood, Hunter's Blood, Beast's Blood, Wizard's Blood and a Speed Charm. She smiled as she hid again and used every single one of them, then quickly came bursting out from her hiding place as she tossed the Resurrect to the players near the spring, "Revive the newbie!" she yelled as she quickly ran away. She refused to be killed by such a cheap tactic as a giant flying gear of crap, so she kept moving.
Weapon: Shadow Guns
Armor: GunnerHeadband|Gunner Cloak|Dark Gunner Gloves|Shadow Anklet
Skills:Rapid Shot|Ani Eater|Ap Torv|La Repth|Ani Kruz
Money:8608
Items:Many
Power: Night Vision and Blindness Immune
Wishlist: More Ultra Light Gunner Equipment

Golden Orb is Currently: faint blue glow

Asgard
Exalted Player

Post by Asgard » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:20 pm

"Ressurect! Score!" Asgard caught the ressurect on the fly, courtesy of Vera. He stopped inches short of Reinier's headless body and quickly doused the contents on his body. With the miracle juice at work, Reinier was whole again. "You alright, Reinier. Looked like you got one on the chin that time." Reinier, dazed like an intoxicated frat boy, leaned up and grabbed him by the hair.

"...I just got my head cleaved off...WHAT DO YOU THINK I FEEL LIKE!" Asgard snickered, but Reinier shot out a word before the Fist Fighter could respond. "INCOMING!"

Asgard looked forward to see the Vibrance, coming straight for him. Asgard dived down and held Reinier down so there wouldn't be a repeat performance of 'Five Minutes Ago: By Reinier'. The disc zinged straight over the two still bodies, the electric charges reaching out and zapping Asgard slightly. It burned at first, but subsided. "Alright. Better get out of the way. This...thing...could be more than we can handle just the both of us." Asgard took off to the side of Raikiri, instead of his trademark 'Head First' style he had been branded infamous for using. He quickly darted close to the trees where Terro was lying in wait for an opening.

Asgard watched as the hacker 'Ragdoll' let himself go. Raikiri appeared soonafter, a towering beast to say the least. Asgard could feel the electrical power course through its very body. However, that was a very bad thing to be feeling. Asgard's theory proved dead wrong. He was a thunder elemental before, and stayed that way after his demonic transformation. Demonic to him wasn't what demonic meant to Rugudorull.

"This is not going to be easy. Rig Gaem!" Asgard summoned up a spell from his Lucky Boots. A washing flow of blue energy encompassed Asgard's body from head to toe, his SP started to regain at a considerably faster rate than usual. Rifling through his pockets again, he pulled out a Speed Charm and a Hunter's Blood. "Terro, Ap Do and Ap Corv yourself." The Gryphon nodded, encasing its body in the speed up spell and the physical boost spell. Asgard released the Hunter's Blood from its vial and poured it on Terro. The blood disappeared very quickly, as Terro's eyes became hawk-like.

"This is only going to work if everyone plays their part." Asgard raised a hand to the air. "Fides! Arise from the ashes!" A crimson glyph embedded itself into the ground without any notice. The grass around the glyph burned to cinders instantly, as a form appeared from the glyph. Fides, the Knight of Fire, rose from the ground. As Fides rose, Asgard was already writing down a Flashmail, hiding behind the trees.

To: Raine, Reinier, Ryok, Hac, Vera

I need your help for a moment. I need you guys to play screen while I setup an attack. Attack with anything and everything you have. After me and Nighthand strike, retreat into the forest. If you get killed, I'll cart your bodies into the jungle to get revived. If Hijinx is still acting like a berzerker, grab him and go. We can't leave ANYONE behind.

Godspeed,

-Asgard

Asgard closed the parchment and sent it along its merry way. He opened another one quickly, a flash of lightning erupting near him. Terro and Fides were also hiding among the foliage, ready to strike.

To: Zan

Sheena, that happy, cheery, full of sugar lady, is somewhere in the near foliage of the jungle. Raine put her there when things got dicey. I know we have just formally met through a flashmail, but I need you to get her and go find Nall. You haven't been infected with 'Twilight' so it should be harder for Rugu to find you. Nall should be somewhere close in that area. I can't stress this enough, but stay low and close to the trees.

-Asgard

The Fist Fighter rolled the paper up and sent it on its way with a *blip*. Another one appeared in his hand upon command.

To: Phoenix

I need your help. I'm sorry that we had different angles of the same issue in Dun Loireag, but your powers of gravity are vital to this attack. Stay covered, and as soon as you see me and Nighthand come out of the jungle, I need you to implicate as much gravity upon Rugudorull as you can muster. I need him to stay in one place to actually make this plan work. As soon as we attack, run into the jungle. We need to get out of this open clearing as soon as possible.

-Asgard

Another FlashMail sent. Asgard sighed heavily as he opened one more parchment and began to scribble.

To: Nighthand

Alright, Nighthand. It's gameday and we're down by one point. I suggest you get covered for this and Shard front and center. We're going to attack from the side, while the others distract from the front. The target is his wing. This is generally a cripple tactic. If we can cripple him like this, he's sure to get angry. We have to lead him into the jungle, he'd be a lot more vulnerable in there than out here in the open.

As soon as you see me exit the forest, appear yourself. We strike the wing in the same spot, hopefully enough to break/sever it. After that, bolt for the jungle. We have to go get Nall back into the fray.

-Asgard

He rolled up the FlashMail and sent it on his way. Now he turned back to Raikiri. With Terro and Fides at his side, they waited...
Last edited by Asgard on Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:48 am, edited 4 times in total.
This is my non-banner profile. Read at own discretion!
Wishlist (Bolded sections denotate priority, in descending order)
In General: LEVELS
Pet-Related: EX-Levels, [Lv. 2]Overdrive Sphere, [Lv. 2]Ressurect
Armor: Dice Gloves (20 RARE), Golden Turban (42), Saint Cross (41), Protect Ring (41)
Weapons: Master Nunchaku (40 RARE), Three-Section Staff (37),
Items: (None)

Zan
Exalted Player

Post by Zan » Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:48 am

The field sang with the sighs of relieved players as the water slipped effortlessly over them, bathing them in pleasantly cool tides. Happiness seemed to have spread like an infection; every smile springing forth another or a gut-clenching fit of giggles. Rather than cling to their skin with a sticky shell of humidity, cool air seemed to trickle through the canopy and fall carefree upon the occupants of which it had come to shelter. Thin slits of sun crawled through the vegetating and fell down upon them like a flawless mosaic. A mix of sunshine and a climate nearing perfection seemed to envelop everyone in a euphoric blanket knit for the soul purpose of easing the tension that clung about the players' muscles and nibbles cautiously at their bones. Any person in their right mind would be grateful for each and every gift the field seemed to offer them. Sadly, Zan wasn't any person.

The lone Heavy Blade sat in a rather predisposed manner at the bank of the shore, his eyes to the water and his back to the group. Zan had intended for the visit to have the same effect on him as it seemed to have on the rest of the group. The self-pitying college student hadn't even felt the odd bubble of depression welling up inside of him until it was irrefutably too late. Like most bubbles this one had popped rather abruptly and left Zan clammed up in yet another socially demanding situation. He just couldn't pull himself to act so giddy, even if just for a moment. As soon as the moment would pass and everyone would leave he would be in his dorm room once again with another day of chemotherapy ahead of him. Pretending like things were any different would only sap at his health further and Zan was positive his body just couldn't take it. A gust of chilled air road an incoming tide and swept passed his hair as the salt water licked up his feet and receded back to whence it came.

"HEY!" Came a tiny voice from behind him. Zan glanced back a moment and confirmed it had been directed at the Heavy Blade.

"H--" Zan had begun, but was soon interrupted by the odd mouse-like creature once more.

""You seem pretty secretive.... Are you a spy? You better not be... Or maybe you’re a moderator trying to stick your nose into our business! Hmmm, though you don't look like a hacker or mod..." The odd little beast flew to Zan and poked at him curiously, examining him rather thoroughly.

"So what's your name?" It asked, titling its head a bit.

"...Zan." He tried to fake a smile with his response, but found no energy to do so.

The oddity nodded in acknowledgement and that seemed to end their rather quick conversation. Whatever it was seemed to quickly become interested in a conversation amongst Nall and the rest of the supposed coma victims. Zan's head turned back to its original position and he found himself zoning out yet again. Something inside of him told him that whatever was going on behind him was vitally important. Zan, yet again, was unable to call forth the proper energy to care and could only sigh as pity wedged itself firmly into his conscious thoughts. With every thought that Zan was dismissing over his head, only one seemed to stick. Not surprisingly, it wasn't one of the more joyous cognitions. The feeling that his idle attitude was having negative effects on those that he accompanied swam easily in the black pool of his heart. Zan's eyes shut once more as he wished that they had only known him back in his prime when he and Leo still spoke and the cancer had yet to find its way into his homeostasis. With another ping of regret Zan had to remind himself that those days were long past and he was stuck.

"Who are you again? I don't believe I've seen any of you before." Ryok’s voice called for his attention but, unlike with Nayru, Zan was unable to give it. He had reached the depths of his black hole and was unable to climb back out.

As emotionally masochistic as Zan seemed to be, several minutes of conversations that had absolutely nothing to do with him and the awkward spice that had managed to find its way into the once still air both seemed to grow too much for him. The part of the Heavy Blade that was overly concerned with etiquette (and which had been carefully ignored throughout his entire stay in the field) picked at him to give the group a quick goodbye before he gated out and let the real world's issues take their full effect. Zan decided to give that tiny part of him heed and turned to face the rather talkative group with a look of unease etched into his brow. However, upon doing so he realized how truly important the conversation was becoming and knew that a goodbye would only interrupt. Feeling he had no right to do so, Zan gave a wave to no one in particular and lifted a brow as Pheonix held a blade to Raine's throat. As heartless as it may have been, he only shrugged and opted his menu to gate him out. After a few moments he soon realized that doing so was impossible. With both panicked and dulled perceptions fighting for control, Zan was unable to catch full sentences but figured that was the reason for Pheonix's rather random course of action.

"But how? I didn't lock it, Sheena didn't, Nall didn't..." The words managed to catch up in Zan's ears as his body adjusted to the situation.

"That's because I did!" The words seemed to boom out with a rather malicious intent.

Zan's eyes immediately shot to the source of his ear drum's irritation and could only stare with a rather stupid and confused look smeared across his face. He had no clue who or what this guy was, but Nall didn't seem happy to see him at all. The fact that a man as powerful as Nall was shaken could only do harm to the Heavy Blade's already shaky composure. An incantation shot off after a short word exchange and a rain of thunder and lightning struck at a number of players who sat helplessly in the hot springs. The sense of guardianship that had long since been in a deep slumber seemed to spring to life with the rather brutal action, causing Zan's jaw to clench together in an almost canine-like growl. Before he was able to go off and do something truly foolish, Nighthand took quick charge of the situation. Zan fought a smile as Reiner assured Nighthand that his little conversation with the alleged 'Rugudorull' would get him killed. The mood, although serious in tone, felt as if it lightened up a bit for Zan.

Zan's half-smile was quickly wiped from his face as the hacker struck out with yet another lightning skill, this time aimed at Nighthand. He watched in an almost breathless anticipation as he awaited the spell to overwhelm its target. To add to Zan's already mountainous pile of confusion, the spell seemed to writhe in a conflicted manner as Nighthand held out his hand in a desperate attempt to stop the spell. Almost as soon as the spell had stopped it had resumed its course. Nighthand was able to move from the spell a bit but was unable to escape its full wrath. Everything seemed to happen in an unstoppable chain as Nighthand called out a skill Zan had never heard in his time in the World, successfully striking the hacker with the full force of his incredible attack. To Zan's returning dismay, the hacker only laughed at the attack and soon became like some demented light bulb as a hot glow emitted from his frame. Those around him seemed pain by the presence of such a light, but Zan seemed relatively unaffected. With Nighthand no longer in control, the college student made a careful approach to the hacker with his oversized blade shaking unsteadily in front of him. His movements were halted almost instantaneously as the hacker's voice shook the field yet again.

"DEMONIC PULSE! SUMMON...INNER...DEMON...RAIKIRI!" Each syllable dripped with power.

In place of the hacker now stood a rather large demon, complete with wings and an intimidating pair of horns. Whatever chance Zan had before the transformation had been quickly dropped to zero and the Heavy Blade soon found himself retracing his steps in careful shuffles. Whatever majestic precedence the assortment of trees and wildlife once held over him was now lost to the ether as things were turning from bad to worse. With a simple kick the beast had sent the, what Zan's naive mind had considered, all-powerful Nall flying through the green and off into the distance. He had absolutely no clue what he was supposed to do and good only look up and gawk at the creature as he awaited some sort of direction. A small beep took priority and Zan brought up his flashmail inbox in a rushed movement of his menu.

To: Zan

Sheena, that happy, cheery, full of sugar lady, is somewhere in the near foliage of the jungle. Raine put her there when things got dicey. I know we have just formally met through a flashmail, but I need you to get her and go find Nall. You haven't been infected with 'Twilight' so it should be harder for Rugu to find you. Nall should be somewhere close in that area. I can't stress this enough, but stay low and close to the trees.

-Asgard

Zan blinked as he read along Asgard's words and nodded absently. He had asked for some sort of compass and the stranger's flashmail seemed to be just that. Already heading towards where he believed he would find the overzealous lady, he called up his flashmail composure sub-menu and sent a quick reply.

Flashmail!
From User: Zan
To User: Asgard
Subject: <None>

Will do. I hope you have someone else on the retrieval as well just in case things go sour.

-Zan

End Flashmail

With that out of the way, Zan turned his jog into a sprint and zigzagged his way through the maze of trees with his eyes peeled for the woman. He hadn't been trusted with much, but he to show these people that it infact hadn't been a mistake to invite such a kill joy to their get-together.

(OOC: Sorry for the late post, I'm not used to keeping up with such a posting pace. Hope you enjoyed it.)
Lv. 50 Heavy Blade
Wishlist
Special: Levels, GR Sendai, PL Sakai, Darklore.
W: Tonosama Sword, Mineuchi, Jundachi.
A: Samurai Helm, Able Hands, Rare Greaves.
I: Holy Sap, Treebane, Cooked Bile, Nightbane.
EX: Elemental Summon (Lv. 2), Overdrive (Lv.1), Elemental Attacks (Lv. 2), Enhance Dark, Elemental Breath (Lv. 2).

ryok
Elevated Player

Post by ryok » Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:14 am

-"You.. have to.. have to come.." Ryok looked up from the water, and there before him again stood Ryok. The jungle behind him was a charred mess of black tangled weeds, and once beautiful flowers that lay in ashes.

-"What are you? What.. What is all of this?"

-"I am you, and this is your begining.."

-"What?"

-"I am the twilight.." His eyes opened, and he laid back in the steamy pool. He had never felt so relaxed, and tense at the same time. He sunk back down into the water, his worries gone for the moment. His main questions were answered he just needed to ask Nall about the last one if he ever had the chance. Ryok looked up from his spot just above the water. He looked across the water, and into the jungle the lavish flowers hanging just above the opposite edge of the pool. Ryoks arms bent back, and grabbed the edge of the pool. He hoisted himself up on to the edge, and looked down at everyone. He still couldn't tell what had changed from the last time he fell asleep. He blinked the split second that it would've taken him to do so slowed down to what seemed like two or three minutes to him. "I am you" Ryok whispered into his head, his voice echoed off the side of his skull until fading once again.

-Phoenix had his blade to Raines neck. Ryoks eye twitched, and he knew something was wrong right then.

-“Everyone, I suggest that you don’t try anything or I may cause my sword to slip and cut this beauty’s neck. So Raine, why I can’t leave this field? Why do you want everyone and me trapped here?” Ryoks face went dead white to Phoenixs reply, as he looked around. Nall, and Raine both put their two cents in, and Sheena corrected them..

-"Ummm.... Raine...Nall....Phoenix isn't lying........ The field IS locked...." Ryok looked down into the water dazing into the dark abyss that it was. He turned, and looked at the character behind Nall. His eyes widened, and he started for the edge of the pool furthest from him. Ryok personally didn't know who it was, but he knew it was a hacker. He slid himself out of the water, and backed up into a bush in which he feel over.

"That's because I did!" The person said from behind them. Nall asked how it was possible as Ryok agreed with him in his head from behind his bush. "You stupid fools... WHY do you think you've been running into us at every field... We're not idiots, your cloaking does shit to protect you! Hahahaha!" Ryok slid off of the bush, and turned right side up. Kneeling now he knew he had to reach the other side of the opening to get his clothes. A fight broke out between some of the characters. From behind his bush he knelt scared of dying again. He knew he stood no chance against him, so he needed a way to be able to.. His eyes widened, as he remembered what Raine said only a few minutes ago.

~<(>Flash Back<)>~

-"As for your powers, well, as I just explained, they're due to twilight. These powers manifest for many reasons... Sometimes it's your own will, or maybe a friends will... But these skills come from the desire to have them, the virus can't live without human desire for power. Even if you yourself don't want these powers, someone out there wants them for you, and they may evolve depending on your own needs and wants."

~<(>End Flash Back<)>~

-"Desire" He whispered to himself. "I need to want to be stronger then this bastard.. Heh, seems easy enough" Ryok stood up, and ran from his position behind one bush to the other side of the opening. He didn't stop though.. He just kept running until he reached where his clothes hung. He quickly through his armors on, and ran back.. By then the hacker Rugudorull was getting ready to destroy them all.

-"DEMONIC PULSE! SUMMON...INNER...DEMON..." He started glowing in an odd extreme brightness way. "RAIKIRI!" He shouted the light growing to engulf the entire clearing for a moment. Ryok picked a leaf off of a hanging tree branch. He toyed with it as if watching a movie of some sort. The dragon like demon appeared in the place of where Rugudorull once stood. Ryok swallowed hard, blinked a few times, and stare back at the creature. A roar echoed from its mouth shaking the whole field. Ryok backed up in his crouched position.. "HaHaHa! Pathetic Fools... You Can Do What You Like To My Pathetic Player Body... THIS Is My TRUE Power!"

-"How.. How the hell am I.. I supposed to help fight THAT THING!?.."

-"Desire"

-The voice echoed once again.. He fell on to his back only to awake to a beeping noise. Flashmail read across his face like a strobe light.. He grabbed it like a picture frame, and swung it around a few times before pushing the front of it with his idex finger..

To: Hijinx, Raine, Reinier, Ryok, Hac, Vera

I need your help for a moment. I need you guys to play screen while I setup an attack. Attack with anything and everything you have. After me and Nighthand strike, retreat into the forest. If you get killed, I'll cart your bodies into the jungle to get revived.

Godspeed,

-Asgard

-Great.. Now i have to go try, and fight that thing?..

-Ryok got up, and looked around for anyone else to back him up. He wanted to be sure he wasn't jumping into this battle blindly..

Ryok| Lvl. 27| Heavy Blade| Demonic Sword| Kagayuzen| Fire Bracer| Suzaku Fiery Pants
Karin| Kannon| Miu Lei| Vak Rom| Vak Don| Dek Vaks| Ap Vaks
Skill Drain| Death

Wish list:Black Sharp Angelic Wings| Time Headband| Unique Weapon

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:09 am

To: Nighthand

Alright, Nighthand. It's gameday and we're down by one point. I suggest you get covered for this and Shard front and center. We're going to attack from the side, while the others distract from the front. The target is his wing. This is generally a cripple tactic. If we can cripple him like this, he's sure to get angry. We have to lead him into the jungle, he'd be a lot more vulnerable in there than out here in the open.

As soon as you see me exit the forest, appear yourself. We strike the wing in the same spot, hopefully enough to break/sever it. After that, bolt for the jungle. We have to go get Nall back into the fray.

-Asgard

This of course greeted Silverblade, rather than Nighthand, but the difference at this point was nil. Nighthand watched passively from inside his head, half amazed that Silverblade could be this calm. Silverblade, though calm, was also inordinately cautious. Asgard’s plan was much too daring for him. He hastily sent out a pair of new flashmails.

To: Asgard

That’s a bit ill-conceived… It puts us both in great physical danger, and we’re two of the strongest we have. With Nall incapacitated, we need to do our best to survive. Here’s my suggestion. You use your Rue Crossfire, to do your best to freeze his wing-joints. Reinier also does something. I see his shuriken, and I can sense some noticeable Ice power inside it. I’ll get him to join you. Once his wings are frozen, I’ll use a Gan Don or two, and we can shatter his wings.

That sent, he scrawled the second.

I see your Shuriken. It has some great Ice power in it; I don’t know if you know how to harness it yet or not, but if you do, now is your chance. When you see Asgard leave his hiding place, focus all the ice power you can from it at its wings; we can shatter them and incapacitate it if possible. Good Luck.

Silverblade then dug hastily into his scroll pouch. Finding no Gan Don scrolls, he sighed, and came up with a moderated plan.

He pulled from his pouch a Raging Earth, the level one Gan Zot.
Shard?
Yes, Master?
When this all goes down, add your own Ani Don into the mix, alright?
Yes, Master.

He sent another trio of flashmails now.

To: Vera

When you see Asgard come out with his Rue Crossfire attack, I would like you to shoot off an Ani Eater at this monster; it’s perhaps the second most powerful darkness attack we have available, after Raine’s Pha spells.

To: Hacorie
When the time presents itself, which it will soon, cast a spell on the demon. This is out chance.

That sent, he whipped one to Raine herself.

To: Raine

Thing are in the works, when you see it, let loose with your strongest Darkness spell.

As Silverblade looked back up, he saw Hijinx already unleashing an attack on the demon. A Darkness Dance, powerful with anti-elements if it hit.

It begins.

Elsewhere, all around the field, preparations were coming together. Phoenix grimaced against pain, preparing to use his all on the demon.

Asgard, seeing his brainchild plan grow and mutate, caught on with the freezing idea and began to charge up his Rue Crossfire.

Beside the Fist Fighter, Terro nodded at a silent command, preparing his own Gan Don.

Standing tall in front of the pair, the Knight of Fire, Fides, stamped the ground like a bull preparing to charge, and them was off. He ran for the thunder demon, planning on Asgard’s orders to grapple with Raikiri, in order to hold it even more in place for the bombardment.

Reinier, his massive ice weapon steaming slightly in the muggy warm air, seemed almost surprised as his shuriken’s tips elongated into chains and drove into the ground. His skill activated, it was a matter of moments before they erupted around Raikiri, entangling him even further.

Beside him, even Tiamat seemed to get into the spirit of things, preparing his own Vak Kruz spell to add to the blast.

Hacorie called on the power of his head armor, preparing one of the more powerful spells available to the general use right now, MeAni Kruz. His strike would work in concert with the rest.

Vera, her heightened senses tingling with the tension in the air, received Silverblade’s flashmail with a nod to herself. Her hit and run style fit perfectly with the plan. She ducked out of her cover for an instant, and, having a clear shot, began her chant of "The darkness of my soul; Feed the Hatred of my Heart and slaughter my foes without mercy!"

Ani Eater began its flight.

Raine seemed to almost be shocked into awareness. She had so much going on to keep track of, the flashmail caught her off guard. She immediately knew the importance of her spell, however, and already had her menu up to activate it when the blasts started coming.

Hijinx’s Darkness Dance struck. Raikiri laughed at the effort, and was surprised when chains erupted from the ground to entangle him. His gaze shifted to the now-revived Reinier, who had a funny grin on his face and seemed to be shouting something, as an orb of pure ice energy fired from his shuriken directly for the demon.

Another flicker of movement caught Raikiri’s eye as Fides, small in comparison, slammed into the demon and grappled, holding him down. Across the spring, Phoenix clenched his teeth and increased the gravity field of Ruguderoll’s form significantly, helping the chains and the Vak Knight to hold him in place.

Asgard’s Rue Crossfire was not far behind; it’s power almost identical to Reinier’s blast. The two struck at the same instant, and time seemed to hesitate.

Everyone on the field seemed to hear a single word, all at once.

NOW

Tiamat roared and let off a Vak Kruz. Shard’s roar merged with Terro’s avian shriek as a Gan Don and Ani Don joined the dragon’s spell. Vera’s Ani Eater left her guns in a flare of power, rushing to strike the thunder demon in concert with the other spells.

Silverblade released his Gan Don scroll, at the same time calling on his armor to use an Ani Don along with it. Hacorie’s MeAni Kruz joined the flare of spell energy now surrounding the immobile thunder demon.

Raine’s spell, the most powerful, was the last to form.

“PhaVak Don!” she called, and the spell crashed down.

The sheer power of spells erupting was enough to deafen them all, and the shockwave knocked those not under cover off their feet. That much immense power was more than any seen at once before.

Even Silverblade was awed.

Now all that was left was, once again, to wait for the dust to settle.

(WHOO! What teamwork. This took EFFORT to put together. Credits go out to all involved for their assent and contributions, and Asgard and Reinier for spawning the idea. Oh, and if you’re not in the post, well, you snoozed and weren’t around to be contacted… and I guess you lose. –nods-)

Vera
Exalted Player

Post by Vera » Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:10 am

Vera's running continued as her ears pinged from a flash mail.

To: Raine, Reinier, Ryok, Hac, Vera

I need your help for a moment. I need you guys to play screen while I setup an attack. Attack with anything and everything you have. After me and Nighthand strike, retreat into the forest. If you get killed, I'll cart your bodies into the jungle to get revived. If Hijinx is still acting like a berserker, grab him and go. We can't leave ANYONE behind.

Godspeed,

-Asgard

Ok, whatever I guess." She said as she turned around and pulled her guns free from their holster. Her feet hit the ground hard as she ran at full speed; her body tingling from every possible upgrade she had. Suddenly she got another ping.

To: Vera

When you see Asgard come out with his Rue Crossfire attack, I would like you to shoot off an Ani Eater at this monster; it’s perhaps the second most powerful darkness attack we have available, after Raine’s Pha spells.

"Ugh, fine. Make up their minds at least on what to do." She said as she ran faster making sure, she got back in time. She had ran a lot further then she expected, but she didn't care she knew she would make it as she saw the demon growing larger as she came closer to it.

As she saw Asgard finishing up, she jumped into the air slightly and started to chant softly. "The darkness of my soul; Feed the Hatred of my Heart and slaughter my foes without mercy!" she yelled as the shot left and she quickly hit the ground to watch. "This is it, damn thing wasn't so tough." she said, but as the dust cleared she glared as her ears and eye twitched in anger.

"It's still alive. This is bad." she said as she quickly removed a scroll from her pouch, she had only one of it and hated to waste it. Lifting it up, she turned towards Hijinx, "The Hanged Man!" she yelled as she prayed the magic would work and she could grab Hijinx and go. Gulping she closed her eyes and rushed straight towards Hijinx, but she only took a few steps before a voice shouted to her.

"Vera, Stop! You're going to kill yourself and that is about as stupid as thinking a larger version of my lunch, can be stopped by one scroll." The voice yelled as Vera turned and saw Kitski staring at her from the hiding place she had been.

"Hide....now, I gotta do this." Vera replied as she took off running towards Hijinx. She intended on taking her into the forest for safety; even if that involved dragging her by the ears.

She prepared a flash mail and hoped someone powerful enough, who wasn't busy could help her.

To: Nighthand, Asgard, Gingistune, Nall, Lighteria, Phoenix

Yes, umm for those of you who see the idiot that is running to grab, the clinically insane rabbit , Hijinx. Could you do something, to well....stop her, since I have no idea if my scroll worked but yeah, use anything to put her to sleep or paralyzed. If not please distract "Lord of the Sparkles" over here, so he doesn't kill me while killing her."

~Kitski, I am sorry for this. I know you're my best friend and all, but there are times, when you have to do something because it is right. This is that time, don't worry. We'll see each other again, I promise you.~ Vera thought to herself, but the small kitsune always seemed to know exactly, what Vera was thinking. Whither it was mind reading or just pure love and friendship; she didn't know, but she knew that she would understand.

Vera began to cry as she jumped straight towards Hijinx with her arms ready to grab the insane lapin Twin Blade, "Hijinx!!!" she yelled praying that the TB wouldn't turn on her to. Vera's armor was far too weak and even with her HP as good as it was; she couldn't with stand too many attacks from her. She only had hope that someone would help her or that Hijinx wouldn't attempt to kill her.

ooc: Awwww, I am soooo emotional now.
Weapon: Shadow Guns
Armor: GunnerHeadband|Gunner Cloak|Dark Gunner Gloves|Shadow Anklet
Skills:Rapid Shot|Ani Eater|Ap Torv|La Repth|Ani Kruz
Money:8608
Items:Many
Power: Night Vision and Blindness Immune
Wishlist: More Ultra Light Gunner Equipment

Golden Orb is Currently: faint blue glow