Enter the World through the Theta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Nall
Elevated Player

Dun Loireag --> Problems arise

Post by Nall » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:02 pm

Nall returned to the root town, Dun Loireag. He sighed and shook his head at what just happened. He just completely lost it at the group. But why? It was his own fault for not telling them that the hackers would be looking for them from now on.

"Was I actually worried about them..?"
Nall shakes his head and started walking towards the hideout. He was stopped by a familiar voice.

"Well? How'd it go?"
Nall turned around to see Raine behind the chaos gate. He sighed and walked over to her, stopping beside her.

"Royce showed up... I managed to shoo her off by using the Cape of Deceit."
Raine stared at Nall, waiting for him to continue. But he didn't.

"What else happened Nall? It's not hard to see that you're troubled."
Raine's beutiful blue hair spilled out of her cloak slightly. Nall sighed again.

"I yelled at them for going off on their own. I know they're already very untrusting of me, and I'm sure this didn't help.....Plus, I'm sure it doesn't help that I still havent done what I promised all the new players....And not only that, but one of them control's light. I don't even think she realize's my weakness to it, but I'm forced to place a large quantity of concentration on her for fear she'll either turn on me, go berserk, or use it against her foes without realizing like the last time."

Raine nodded and put an arm around him consolingly.

"I know how you're feeling, and I think you're trying to rush things... I know time is important, but you need to gather their trust. Let them in on some knowledge. You'd be suprised at how much they'll trust you after you've told them a bit."

"But if I tell them too much, they might rebel..."

"That's for them to decide. Even if you told them everything, you're still their only hope for survival."

"I suppose you're right... I guess it's time I explained some things. We'll take a little break from fighting."
Raine nodded and noticed that Nall cringed in pain for a second. She looked at him and noticed his arm.

"You just can't avoid getting hurt can you?"
Nall didn't try to hide it anymore, he knew Raine had already figured it out. He clutched his arm which throbbed imensely.

"What do you expect when I'm going head to head with Royce? Heh, I'm just lucky that the cape worked properly... First test had to be against Ultima."
Raine giggled.

"You shouldn't doubt Sheena's work! Here, let me fix that."
Nall shuddered at Sheena's name. Raine placed her hand up to Nall's arm. The wound where Nall was hit glowed blue as it slowly closed up. Raine finally put her arm down and smiled. Nall rotated his arm a bit, happy to have the feeling put back in it.

"There, all better! Come to Beautiful Geothermal Aqua Field when you're ready. I'll help you with an explanation since you're horrible at it!"
Nall looked at her confussed for a second. Raine began walking towards the chaos gate.

"You don't mean...heh, I guess we really are going to have a vacation! I'll wait for them at the hideout, see you soon! ...Thanks Raine."
Raine nodded as she entered the keywords. Nall made his way back to the hideout fairly quickly. When he opened up the door, he was greated by his flying furry friend.

"NALL! WHY DID YOU LEAVE WITHOUT ME!"
Nall cringed at the squeals emitting from the small creature. He walked past Nayru and sat down on his chair.

"Cause you're loud, annoying, and you probably would have pissed Royce off enough to get me killed. Lord knows it wouldn't be the first time."
Nayru growled at his creator.

"That was an accident! I didn't think she'd do that!"

"What did you expect? You clawed her face!"

"Shut up! It wasn't my fault! Anyways, did the Cape of Deceit work out properly?"
Nall nodded.

"Ya, it worked perfectly. I'm lucky, my first test was Ultima..."

"You would have been killed...again... hahahaha!"

"Shut up you little rodent!"
The doors to the hideout opened. Nall waved to the group.

"Welcome back everyone."
Nall//Blademaster | SWORD | Time Headband | Kagayuzen | Hands of Life | White Boots | {Life Drain}{Skill Drain} <Rue Crack> <Rue Revolver> <Ap Do> <Miu Lei> <Ol Repth> <Rip Maen>

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:34 am

"Idiots! The hacks you all carry with you are like giant beacons! Coming out here without me is like waving a giant flag that says 'look! We're all alone without any guidance! Come kill us Mr. Hackers!"

"Whatever... I guess you didn't know so it wasn't your fault... I never expected you to jump off and do a random quest... But remember it for next time, I cloak our powers so they don't see us. I realize we usually end up seeing a hacker anyways but usually it's only one and I'm expecting that possibility... You're actually lucky Royce came to play with you... You could have had the whole lot of them here, and most wouldn't blink twice before killing you..."

"I don't know what has made you all so cocky... Re-evaluate your situation... You could take away all the hackers hacks, and they'd still be too much for all of you. They beat you with sheer levels and experience... Add in the hacks they have, and they're undefeatable...."

"We can't beat them. Not you, not me, not us combined. We are nothing compared to any ONE of them..."

"The root towns are safe. The hackers rarely attack there because the admins are there and watching. They know we have a hideout, but they still wouldn't openly attack. The admins would be on their case in seconds, especially since the attack on Mac Anu. Your hacks will be restored when you return to Dun Loireag."

Those words were stuck in Phoenix’s mind even since he got back from Blessed Normal Resurrection. He now realizes that the situation of knowing little to nothing about the war that they are fighting has taken a critical step. Phoenix was in deep thought while holding his guardian who was a necklace around his neck just playing with it. Nall has really made me mad now. How can we do anything right if we don’t know anything about the enemy?

“Kazuma-sama, the time will come. For now, I am just glad that you are safe. I am sorry for not being able to come to your aid.” Phoenix decided to reply back to Suzaku’s apology. It’s fine, Suzaku. I decided to leave you here to allow you to rest. There was a slight pause in Phoenix’s thought process but he continued to think.

Nall is wrong about one thing. They aren’t immortal. I believe that they can be defeated. I go even further that they are even afraid of us. Why wouldn’t they waste so much time on us if we were nothing to... Suddenly, Phoenix remembered something from the battle between Royce and Nall.

"Gee Nall, you really can't take light can you?"

That’s it. We have Nall’s trump card the entire time. Suzaku was confused by Phoenix’s statement. “From what I saw in your memories, it could be really nothing. Maybe his eyes are not adjusted to the light very well.” Somehow, I doubt that is the case but I least have something to use against him. It’s time to put my plan into action. Phoenix was thinking for awhile to force Nall to give information about the hackers by any means necessary but Suzaku disapproves of the plan. “Kazuma-sama, I do not think violence is such an excellent way to gain trust. If Nall wants to tell us about the hackers, he would have by now.”

Phoenix projected his thoughts in a loud tone to his guardian bird. Suzaku, I’m tried of going into battles where we are caught unprepared. These hackers are sick in their ways of hurting people. Do I have to bring up the issue with Xenobia? I doubt Nall will ever give us information. He would rather be dead before giving a single drop of information. I don’t want to see another innocent player getting hurt or possibly kill because of them. If using my powers to break every bone in Nall’s body would allow me to get one step closer to that goal, then I would do it in a heartbeat. The bird was rather silent and before speaking again, the door to the hideout opened. It was Nall and waved to the group as said, "Welcome back everyone."

At that point, Phoenix got off the chair and approached Nall until he was a couple feet in front of him. He began to see Nall’s gravity field so that he can alter it when the time was right. Phoenix began to talk to Nall in an angry voice. “Welcome back everyone? Why are being so friendly to us all of the sudden? You basically chewed us out for something that we had no clue about. Do you think it’s time that we deserved to know everything? I don’t know about the others but I have enough of being your little pawn. I think you should experience the pain that Asgard suffered from my own powers.”

Phoenix’s eyes were cold and gave a grin as he began to increase Nall’s gravity. He felt the pain from the backlash of his powers but he ignored as he was focus on Nall. “So, you basically got two options. One, you will tell us everything and the gravity crush will end. Or option two, tell us nothing not only the gravity crush continues; I will tell everyone about your little weakness especially to that person. It’s all up to Nall: pain or no pain. I prefer to give you pain but either way, I’ll gain something for it even it’s a small amount of happiness to me.” He took a slight pause before finishing his statement. “Little cat thing, I suggest that you don’t try anything or your master will be crushed even more quickly.” Phoenix continued to crush Nall with gravity as he waited an answer from the Blademaster.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Wish List: Phoenix's Fire, Gold Necklace
EX-Spheres: LV 3 - Overdrive, LV 3 - Curative, LV 3 - Elemental Breath

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:31 am

Snickering loudly and holding a hand over her mouth, Hijinx clasped her stomach with her free hand. She kept thinking about Nighthand and Royce back on the field, especially the color he started to turn right before nall showed up. She gave it her all, but the laughter poured out like a waterfall of entertained joy. Falling on her back and rolling back and forth she snickered, trying to catch a breath every so often. It was just too funny for her to take, tears of happiness streamed down her face as she kicked her legs about, getting louder by the second. It was a musically childish laugh that eminated from her very being; it probably wasn't healthy for the environment either if you judged by the vibrations the walls were starting to make. Tucking the memory away she wiped her face with a closed right hand, still giggling in spite of herself when nall walked up to the door and greeted them.

Pheonix was being his usual primitive self and trying to be threatening, but this fact,as well as pheonix's presence, completely iluded her as she shot upright.

"NALL!" She cheered with all the glee she could muster. Charging forward, she trampled the unlucky blademaster as she went for nall. As pheonix was smashed into the dirt the rabbit leap forward and wrapped her arms around nalls ribs, smashing into him with incredible force and speed. The pair rolled to stop at the edge of the cliff about ten feet away with a great deal of thumping noise as they collided with the ground repeatedly. Hijinx squeezed him in a fantasticly powerful hug, the player's head dangling over the cliff's edge and the dizzying drop below while she rolled backwards. Sitting on her knees and laughing normally she cocked her head, her eyes still practically upside down u's. Placing her furry hands on each leg and leaning toward the winded blademaster, she snickered.

"So nall, gonna tell us some secrets?" she half laughed and asked at the same time.
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."

Nall
Elevated Player

Post by Nall » Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:03 pm

“Welcome back everyone? Why are being so friendly to us all of the sudden? You basically chewed us out for something that we had no clue about. Do you think it’s time that we deserved to know everything? I don’t know about the others but I have enough of being your little pawn. I think you should experience the pain that Asgard suffered from my own powers.”

Nall felt the energy around him shift. He realized the sensation was gravity. Nall gave a glare towards Phoenix. He hated being told what to do, and hated even more someone trying to bully him into it.

“So, you basically got two options. One, you will tell us everything and the gravity crush will end. Or option two, tell us nothing not only the gravity crush continues; I will tell everyone about your little weakness especially to that person. It’s all up to Nall: pain or no pain. I prefer to give you pain but either way, I’ll gain something for it even it’s a small amount of happiness to me.”

Nall had to grin at that statement. Pain or no pain? Phoenix has not realized what he's gotten into. Maybe because he did not know Nall before, or he's just generally cocky...Nall couldn't tell which. Either way, Nall wasn't happy at all.

"You've got guts Phoenix... But guts can get you killed...hmm?"

"NALL!"
Nall looked to see Hijinx knocking over Phoenix and comming straight for him. He sighed as the rabbit knocked into him, sending him outside the hideout and near the edge of Dun Loireag. He didn't mind Hijinx's games, but he wasn't in the mood for them right now.

"Hijinx! Learn to control yourself. Get out of my way! Phoenix is going to get hurt."
Nall pushed Hijinx out of the way and walked back towards the hideout. Phoenix was now standing outside, equally irritated by the rabbits antics.

"If you kill me, you all die. If I kill you, I'll live to see another day."
Nall took another step forward.

"If you fight me, you will lose. That is one thing I can guarantee."
He looked at the other players who were crowding around. Phoenix began to increase gravity on him again. Nall's eyes flashed red as he glared at the other Blademaster.

"NALL! Don't fight him! You were going to tell them anyways! what the hell are you thinking?"
Nall scoweled at Nayru.

"He think's he can beat me. He thinks his gravity powers will save him. He need's to get a proper understanding of the situation. If he think that he can beat me, then he must think he can beat the hackers."
Nayru's fur stood on end as he fluttered beside Reinier. He suddenly started to yell in his face.

"LOOK AT WHAT'S HAPPENING? Phoenix is causing a riot and Nall's going hurt hiiimmmm!"
Reinier looked at Nayru weird, wondering why he was chosen to rant at, and most likely wished he wasn't chosen.

"Oh damn.... Oh damn.... NALL YOU'RE A STUBBOURN ASSHOLE! Please you guys, you need to calm down Phoenix and Nall, they're both too hot headed for their own good! This has already spilled outside, people are going to see, and the admin's are going to be on our asses!"

"No, Phoenix wont stop, and if I don't show him what I am now, he'll always want to fight me. You want some answers? Well I'll give you a visual first."
Nall disappeared from sight. The energy Phoenix was concentrating on disappeared as well. The veteren's were used to this type of motion by now. It seems like all the hackers, and Nall, have their own way to disappear. The old one's knew how Nall did it, even though it wasn't the most believable, however, most of the players around, did not know Nall beforehand. They didn't know what exactly his trump card was. And even the old players were oblivious to his new weapon. The players looked to the right side of the hide out. Nall was leaning against the outside wall looking over at Phoenix.

"Your gravity is useless against me. I can dodge anything you can possibly throw at me..."
Nall pushed off the wall and smiled. His new cape fluttering in the winds of Dun Loireag.

"Now, even more so. You can't beat me."
Nall was enjoying this. He didn't like the idea of fighting his comrades, but he had a feeling of joy, knowing that all his words were true. He liked knowing he could have already killed phoenix, but he wasn't going to try and kill him. No, he would just humilate him until he's willing to behave. Nayru started flying around in circles.

"Shiiiit, we need to get them to Beautiful Geothermal Aqua Field before too many people notice!"
Nall//Blademaster | SWORD | Time Headband | Kagayuzen | Hands of Life | White Boots | {Life Drain}{Skill Drain} <Rue Crack> <Rue Revolver> <Ap Do> <Miu Lei> <Ol Repth> <Rip Maen>

Reinier
Awakened Player

Post by Reinier » Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:39 pm

Reinier yawned and stretched, and stood up from the vicious hippo attack. He turned around to see the doors behind him completely disappear. He turned his head to see the other players had arrived at the same time as he, almost in perfect unison…

It’s almost as if this whole thing was planned…

Reinier walked towards the edges of the roof-like dungeon, and looked down. He saw clouds forming around the dungeon some time down, and noticed mini-figures of the massive field structures. Reinier uttered a profanity, “Oh shit…” and quickly fell backwards from the edge, and slowly backed away. He jerkily looked around at the group and managed to say, “So… How do we get down?

A loud cackle echoed throughout the roof of the dungeon, as a voice called out, “My my my... Leaving without old Nall to protect you…

Who in the hell…?

It’s probably the person who caused your hack malfunction. From the tone in the voice, it’s most likely a girl, who will thusly tell us her reason for taking away the hacks without us really caring.

Gawd... Royce, just step out here and get your gloating over with. That or go away. You made your point, now shoo!" Nighthand said irritably. Reinier looked over to Nighthand who showed an odd emotion… he showed emotion for once. Reinier didn’t know how much he liked this Nighthand, but it was better then him stabbing his eyes out, replacing them with cherries, then looting his writhing body.

“Oh please... Taking your hacks away was simply a way to make you remember how pathetic you all really are... Remember children, cheating wont win you any game,” Royce said. She still hadn’t shown herself, and now the curiosity was starting to irritate Reinier.

Is she so ugly that she has to hide from us? I mean, she’s right, we don’t have that Nall dude. So why’s she worried…?

What's that? I think I hear a pot calling a kettle black! You're the biggest cheat of them all, and just you wait; you'll be the first to fall!" Nighthand and the voice, Royce, argued in the background.

I’m banking on the fact that she’s actually quite pretty, in a sluttish whore kind of way, but she’s just waiting for the opportune moment.

Royce cackled once more, and appeared through from the air. He clothes were something that Xenobia would have worn on a casual day, for they were something a formal whore would wear. “Holy shit…” Reinier sputtered. She came out wearing a black strapless bra, with matching black panties. Going with the black theme, she wore black leather boots that came up past the knees. She went for the Wacko Jacko look, and wore one long sleeve on her right arm, while its’ sister had nothing. An odd bracelet hung around her sleeved wrist, something that struck Reinier as odd. It didn’t seem to be a charm bracelet, but then again, Reinier didn’t know if that was still “fashionable” to girls.

Two for two…

Yes I am awesome, thank you for noticing.

Please... Who said two wrongs make a right? Hahaha! Don't worry about me children, it's yourselves you have to worry about! You never have a hope to touch my beutiful skin... I let my guard down in the past, but now that Nall isn't here I think I'll have some fun…” Royce said with a very seductive smile.

The banter of Nighthand and Royce continued, with Nighthand speaking his mind again. “Have some fun how? Going to hack up a dildo or something and give us a show? Ohh, maybe those runes explode and we can push you off the tower and have a nice fireworks show! Oh wait, did you mean to fight us? Whoops, my bad, we kicked your ass so many times now I forgot you still fought."

Royce let out another cackling laugh. Reinier snickered a bit, never hearing Nighthand say something like this. “It appear's that Silverblade took away your common sense when he left you boy... Hahaha! Silly child... What would be the best way to show you how stupid you all are?”

What the hell’s a Silverblade?

Seeing as how she said it, I’m guessing it has to be some sort of alter ego that belongs to Nighthand.

I… see…

"I think you should imitate our stupidity and fall off the cliff and die. Failing that, since even gravity finds you too disgusting to touch…" Nighthand gave a look at her chest, which made Reinier look. He noticed something at that moment. Gravity did find her too disgusting to touch. "Kill yourself?" Reinier gave another chuckle, starting to like this Nighthand.

"Hahaha! Maybe I WILL just kill you! But that...would be too simple..."

Did you notice how she said that? I don’t think her intentions were to kill us.

Have you been taking drugs?

Without missing a beat, Nighthand said, "I think it's probably too complex for your simpleton mind to comprehend, so you resort to your child-like insults and gloats... Really, are you even past elementary school yet? Are YOU the hacker, or is it your mommy running the show?"

Royce slowly began walking towards Nighthand. Everyone in the group minus Nighthand and Reinier took a massive defensive stance. Nighthand’s reason for not moving most likely was that he was either seriously not afraid of the hacker, or that he had to act tough because he was a guy, and that’s normally how we get killed. Reinier didn’t move back because he was a)too lazy, and b) too low a level to do shit to a hacker, so why fight it? He’s died once before, and all that happened was he got a bad headache.

I know just what to do to you…” She said coming closer to Nighthand. It seemed like either Nighthand didn’t want to move, or he couldn’t move anymore, as she stood in front of him. It seemed like a few players wanted to play hero, and attempted to run and attack the hacker. She simply flung her arm at them, causing them to fly backwards. A barrier surrounded the two players, and it really did seem like he was going to get his own little show, minus the fireworks.

“All alone in this world... You must get very lonely at nights... You wanted a 'show' so I'll give you a personal one!" She shoved Nighthand down to the ground, so he landed on his back.

Holy shit, it’s third-rate porno… The World version…

I’ve seen better.

She slowly got down on her knees and stratled his wrist. She slowly bent over, her back lay ridged over his arm, as she slowly placed her hands around his face. She began to run her hands down his face, and began going lower.

Holy shit. This is some weird shit… I really can’t see Nighthand’s… hand… Makes you think…

Yeah really. Don’t get too excited, Nall’s going to burst in.

How do you know all this stuff?

It’s as predictable as a soap opera. Watch.

“Enough!” A very familiar voice chimed. The same voice that put Reinier in this mess. The voice of the odd Blademaster… Nall. Everyone turned their heads around to see Nall, except for Reinier. He seemed to dumbfounded to do it.

How in the hell…? Does this work with lotto tickets?

No, shut up stupid.

Reinier looked over at the hacker, who seemed to be pouting at the fact she wouldn’t get any Nighthand booty. "You ruin all my fun boy! What do you care what I do with this player? What does he mean to you?"

What the hell does he mean to you…? I mean common, just hack up a dildo, it’s probably a lot easier then having to deal with Nighthand.

"He's my ally...I suppose I owe him that much."

I’m just glad your ally has pants on still.

Royce smiled and slowly stood up. Reinier wondered how wet Nighthand’s hand and wrist was, but didn’t really want to know at the same time. She grabbed Night by his nightish collar, and said, "You really are something else Nall... One minute you act like a coward, the next, like a hero. Pleeease... It appears that you too, have gotten cocky." With that said, Royce threw Nighthand up in to the air like a rag doll. Her bracelet began to burn intensely, most likely, some bad things were about to happen.

"Don't forget who I am Nall....ULTIMA!" Nighthand exploded in a brilliant ray of white light. Reinier was just glad he wasn’t the one making the wise cracks at the psychotic woman now.

She’s a fucking… Ugh, what is it? Those bugs that have sex with a man then kill it…

"You are pathetic Nall. I guess you need to learn a lesson of your own. I know every weakness you have."

Giant Beatles?

"Go away Royce! You've made your point!"

No… that’s not it…

Hrm… Grasshoppers?

No, they don’t have mouths…

"But I'm having so much fun! It's amusing to torment you!"

At this point, Reinier began focusing all his attention to thinking of the mystery bug. He was pretty engulfed in this, all the while Nall and Royce were bickering and fighting. But something caught Reinier’s eye. Royce’s bracelet lit up, and as if firing a laser at Nall, she nicked the side of his arm. The next sentence she said caught him as odd.

"Gee Nall, you really can't take light can you?"

Did you hear that?

Hear what? That light thing? Maybe he’s a nocturnal kinda person. I, personally, prefer doing things in the morning.

No numbnuts, she said that after firing that beam at his arm. Nall… he… I don’t know yet, this will take experimenting.

What the hell are you babbling about? Got you’re so retarded…

I may have just found the way to kill Nall if we ever need to, and I’m the retard? I should throw you off that cliff right now.

Before Reinier could deliver his rebuttal, he looked up to see Royce had disappeared. Nall began to ramble on once more.

"Idiots! The hacks you all carry with you are like giant beacons! Comming out here without me is like waving a giant flag that says 'look! We're all alone without any guidance! Come kill us Mr. Hackers! Whatever... I guess you didn't know so it wasn't your fault... I never expected you to jump off and do a random quest... But remember it for next time, I cloak our powers so they don't see us. I realize we usually end up seeing a hacker anyways but usually it's only one and I'm expecting that possibility... You're actually lucky Royce came to play with you... You could have had the whole lot of them here, and most wouldn't blink twice before killing you..."

He began walking towards the edge of the cliff, obviously in a dimension of pissed off he had never before reached. "I don't know what has made you all so cocky... Re-evaluate your situation... You could take away all the hackers hacks, and they'd still be too much for all of you. They beat you with sheer levels and experience... Add in the hacks they have, and they're undefeatable...." This is the point where everyone would look over to Nighthand, if there was still a Nighthand to look at.

“We can't beat them. Not you, not me, not us combined. We are nothing compared to any ONE of them…” Nall gave a weary sigh and turned around. "The root towns are safe. The hackers rarely attack there because the admins are there and watching. They know we have a hideout, but they still wouldn't openly attack. The admins would be on their case in seconds, especially since the attack on Mac Anu. Your hacks will be restored when you return to Dun Loireag."

Three golden rings fell over the Blademaster as he left the group. Silence. No one said a word. No one knew what to say… “Um… guys? What should we do with Nighthand?..” Reinier finally spoke up. Everyone one by one gated out of the field. “Oh right… return to the server he comes back… good call…” Reinier gated out of the field, and awaited to return with the group.

The group arrived at the same time, with Nighthand back in his Nighty goodness. Almost in perfect unison, the group began to walk back towards the Hideout, in mostly silence. Reinier broke the silence.

“Hey Night,”

“Hey what?”

“Can I ride Shard?” Reinier asked.

“No.”

“Please?”

“No.”

Silence for a bit. Then once again, Reinier spoke.

“Can I have two thousand GP?”

“No.”

“Please?”

“No.”

Silence. Once more, Reinier opened his big trap.

“… you got molested by an ugly ass hacker…”

“I’ll give you twenty-thousand GP never to talk again.”

“Really!?” Reinier asked with glee, looking at the Heavyblade.

“No. In fact, when your guard is down, I will kill you, and loot your body.”

The group continued walking, getting close to the hide out. When the hideout was within reach, Nighthand spoke once more, “Twice.” Reinier gulped a bit, and followed the group inside. Nall sat in a chair in the back of the hideout. He gave a little wave to the group.

"Welcome back everyone."

“Welcome back everyone? Why are being so friendly to us all of the sudden? You basically chewed us out for something that we had no clue about. Do you think it’s time that we deserved to know everything? I don’t know about the others but I have enough of being your little pawn. I think you should experience the pain that Asgard suffered from my own powers.” Phoenix rambled on.

Oh god.

Phoe… shut up… let’s be calm about this…” Reinier said shaking his head. He doubted anyone heard this, except maybe Nighthand.

So, you basically got two options. One, you will tell us everything and the gravity crush will end. Or option two, tell us nothing not only the gravity crush continues; I will tell everyone about your little weakness especially to that person. It’s all up to Nall: pain or no pain. I prefer to give you pain but either way, I’ll gain something for it even it’s a small amount of happiness to me.” Phoenix continued on. Reinier sighed and walked past the Blademaster, who seemed to be having too much fun.

"You've got guts Phoenix... But guts can get you killed...hmm?" Nall seemed like he would have continued talking, but then Jinx came.

“NALL!” she screamed, tackling the Blademaster, taking him outside.

Ten bucks on Nall killing Phoenix.

I was taught never to take a bet I couldn’t win.

Nall’s little pet rat… bird.. Cat… fish… thing fluttered over to him and the two began to argue. Reinier looked over to Nighthand and said, “Shouldn’t we do something? I think Phoe’s biting off way too much.” Before Nighthand could respond, Nayru came over to Reinier.

"LOOK AT WHAT'S HAPPENING? Phoenix is causing a riot and Nall's going hurt hiiimmmm!" Reinier blinked and looked up to the cat thing. "Oh damn.... Oh damn.... NALL YOU'RE A STUBBOURN ASSHOLE! Please you guys, you need to calm down Phoenix and Nall, they're both too hot headed for their own good! This has already spilled outside, people are going to see, and the admin's are going to be on our asses!"

Reinier rubbed his finger in his ear; the odd cat’s rambling irritating his ears. “Calm down little guy… it’ll be fine…” Reinier said. The little cat began fluttering around in circles, rambling on.

"Shiiiit, we need to get them to Beautiful Geothermal Aqua Field before too many people notice!" Reinier sighed. He normally didn’t mind dealing with children, or little cat things, but he seemed way too stressed. Reinier reached up, and gently placed his hand on the cat’s back. He applied a bit of pressure, all the while the cat continuing to fly around. He pushed the cat down within view.

If you calm down, I will get you ten fish when we get to Mac Anu.” The cat calmed down a little, but still seemed worried. By this time, the whole group managed to go outside. He sighed and followed along with the crowd. At this point, people seemed to be dividing in to factions, those with Nall, and those with Phoenix.

Reinier sighed and plopped down on the ground. Reinier sighed once more and watched the bickering.

Why aren’t you up there?

Because, I don’t feel like getting wounded, crushed, thrown off a cliff, having my eyes switched out with cherries, or anything else along those lines. Death is very hazardous to my health.

I see you blight. I would pull out your weapons right now though, just in case.

The dragon had a point, for once. Reinier stood up, and pulled out his Green Sword handle. He pulled out his light gem, and fused the two together. His dual swords came out from their slumber of the field, ready for anything. He looked over at the group and sighed. The sword blinked one after another. Two tattoos on both his under arms, where the most veins in the arms were, began to glow a brilliant golden color, most likely reacting to the fact the swords were being used.

Why couldn’t I be with a civilized group of comatose victims…?

Because God hates you.
Reinier's Wishlist: Sakabatou|Sharktooth
Abraxas' Wishlist: Complementry|Summon
The Hack's Wishlist: Wall lvl 2

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:43 pm

Were you really serious about killing him when his guard is down to loot his body?

Welcome back.

Thanks. Good to be back… in a twisted, warped sort of way.

Yes, I was, by the way. It’s always good to instill fear in those lower than you, especially when they might be getting items that I’d find useful.

And I see you had some fun back there… I think Royce is right, I took your common sense.

I don’t, I just like to torment her. We’ve fought what, three, four times now? It’s a thing we have.

Ew. You talk like you’re dating or something.

All the better to torment my inner voice.

Nighthand knew that all this trouble was going to well up. After all, Phoenix HAD confided his plan, or at least part of it, to Nighthand back before they’d even gone to the field with Royce. Nall’s yelling just made it all the more certain. As for the plan, once you remembered that Phoenix had the rather unique control over the game’s physics engine in a localized manner, well, it was pretty easy to figure out what he planned to do.

So you seem to know where I was all this time, but where were you?

Somewhere you know quite well… Oddly enough, Verona called me into the Soul Shrine.

She WHAT?

Yeah… It was pretty heavy, too. Since I have all your memories, giving me the same puzzles would have been pretty useless… So they gave me some others. Given the time to think about it, I realize what the did, too.

Oh? My puzzles seemed pretty elementary, really.

Well, they were. You were there to discover the Twelve, and Arra, and so forth. I was there to prove myself as worthy to be there as you. That’s why, if I failed, we both died.

WHAT?!? God damn you, even when you’re supposedly locked away you’re a threat.

Hey, it wasn’t MY idea. If I remember right, YOU chose the keywords, and YOU diverted the spell that allowed Royce to flash-bang you all. Besides, it wasn’t that bad.

How can it not be that bad?

Hold on, let me finish. The first puzzle was mirrors… Basically a needle in a haystack version of finding yourself. Self confidence, or something.

Sounds like typical Shrine stuff.

Yeah, well, that wasn’t too hard, I guess. The second was exploring my powers. The various combinations of elements, and their effects. Not all of them I can pull, right now, but I know a bit more about my limits than I did before.

Again, seems typical…

Yeah, mostly, except they forced the effects on me when I used it. Apparently the twilight irregularity in your powers that makes them fluctuate effects me as well… Though in a different way. It still is uneven, but instead of backfiring and hitting the wrong target, it hits me.

Well, that’s got to suck.

Yeah. And then came-

The fight with the Seraph Statue.

Yeah. I thought it’d be easy. I’m more powerful than you were when you went there before, and I knew the “unarmed” trick to win.

Though? It wasn’t?

Nope. I tried it, of course… And it pinned me to a wall and proceeded to beat me. That, that was a bit painful. I managed to get out of it, but, that’s a story for another time. Right now it seems we have more important things to deal with.

And indeed it was. While he had sat and brooded in conversation with Silverblade, Nall and phoenix had continued to bout. Nall was slowly showing him up, but Phoenix seemed adamant in his position.

Well, I did tell Phoenix I’d help…

Nighthand straightened form his position against the back wall of the hideout and walked to the streets. So far, since the hideout was in the back of the grunty farm, the fight had remained mostly unnoticed.

Nighthand ever so calmly walked to the wall of the farm and leaned against it where Nall rested, cocky as ever. He drew a single darkness scroll from his pouch and held it ready.

”Now now, Nall… Let me have a chance to speak. When most of the jabber had quieted, he went on. “Now, I know you can probably school us all… Though I’m sure I’d give you a run for it, and Gingi would take you out. But that’s not the point. Continue this, and some of us will get hurt. Some of us will die. And Nall, as much as you love the sound of your voice and the feeling of power, well, you’ll get hurt too. And I’ll enjoy it.” He laughed.

”Just a warning. Proceed.”

Nighthand pushed off from the wall and walked a few yards away, keeping one eye on the battle and one on the patrons of the town.

Near the entrance to the town, he spotted a familiar face. Vera… Being the lookout, he waved to her. She spotted him and started running over. She stopped next to him and looked at the scene before them. Nall and Phoe were squaring off again, and jinx looked about to do something. Everyone else was mostly milling around.

She blinked a few times, her tail swishing. “Wow, you guys are heart-broken without me. Look at them, fighting over who loves me more.”

Nighthand laughed. “Actually, they’re fighting to get information. Specifically, Phoenix wants to know the deal, and Nall was about to tell us when he was attacked and distracted. Seems pretty dumb when you think about it, but I enjoy a good fight as much as anyone, so I’m not going to stop it.”

Vera laughed and shook her head, "So, what happened to you all anyway? As you can see, I got my ass kicked again." she said pointing to her tail and ears.

”Oh, nothing too much. We all got our asses kicked as well, when Nall came back and led us into a losing fight with yet another hacker… Went on a little side-quest without him and ended up with him anyways. The usual.” He finished with a grin.

Nighthand pondered. It would be interesting to see what went on. Vera retuning, a fight brewing, it was just getting more and more interesting.

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:46 am

Phoenix saw Nall grinning at his last statement. He wanted to remove that grin from his face but as he was about to draw his sword, Nall spoke to the Blademaster. "You've got guts Phoenix... But guts can get you killed...hmm?" Before Phoenix had a chance to act, he heard Hijinx shouting out Nall’s name. The rabbit knocked into Phoenix causing him not only to fall out of the hideout and into the dirt but losing his focus on Nall’s gravity field.

Damn that rabbit. One of these days, she will get a severe beating by me. Phoenix’s face had dirt marks all over and was annoyed by Hijinx but she caused Nall to almost fall off the edge of Dun Loineag. "Hijinx! Learn to control yourself. Get out of my way! Phoenix is going to get hurt." Even Nall can be annoyed by the rabbit. Phoenix saw Nall removed the rabbit and began to walk towards him. "If you kill me, you all die. If I kill you, I'll live to see another day."

Phoenix’s tolerance for Nall was beginning to thin even more as Nall took another step forward. "If you fight me, you will lose. That is one thing I can guarantee." Now, Phoenix was really annoyed by that statement. “Kazuma-sama, stop this now.” Suzaku said with deep concern. NO! If Nall thinks that we are weak and can’t beat anyone, then I’m going to prove him wrong. Phoenix resume his gravity attack on Nall but with more determination as Nall’s eyes flashed red.

"NALL! Don't fight him! You were going to tell them anyways! What the hell are you thinking?" Nall proceed to yell out his pet. "He thinks he can beat me. He thinks his gravity powers will save him. He needs to get a proper understanding of the situation. If he thinks that he can beat me, then he must think he can beat the hackers."

Once again, Phoenix was tired of hearing that they could not beat the hackers from Nall. He continued to focus on Nall’s gravity field increasing slightly so he could adjust to the pain that his powers gave him. Nall spoke once again to the group. "No, Phoenix wont stop, and if I don't show him what I am now, he'll always want to fight me. You want some answers? Well I'll give you a visual first." Phoenix did not know what to except from Nall especially that he could barely move his body from the increased gravity that surrounded him. Suddenly, Phoenix saw Nall disappeared along with his gravity field.

He disappeared? It’s not invisibility since his gravity field is gone as well. Could it be that Nall has the same disappearing ability that the other hackers have? Phoenix tried to find Nall but he appeared leaning against one of the walls of the hideout. "Your gravity is useless against me. I can dodge anything you can possibly throw at me..." Nall smiled and pushed off the wall as his cape fluttered in the winds. "Now, even more so. You can't beat me." Phoenix was extremely tired of Nall’s cocky attitude. Before Phoenix was able to say something, Nighthand spoke out to them. “Now now, Nall… Let me have a chance to speak.”

Nighthand waited for things to calm down before continuing to talk. “Now, I know you can probably school us all… Though I’m sure I’d give you a run for it, and Gingi would take you out. But that’s not the point. Continue this, and some of us will get hurt. Some of us will die. And Nall, as much as you love the sound of your voice and the feeling of power, well, you’ll get hurt too. And I’ll enjoy it.” Nighthand laughed before speaking again. “Just a warning. Proceed.”

With Nighthand got his word in, Phoenix decided to speak once again. “Nall, I don’t believe that crap about how the hackers are unbeatable. Everyone can be beaten including you. Regardless how much power you or they may have, I will not give up because they can’t be beaten. You need some common sense and trust beaten into that damn thickheaded skull of yours. I don’t care if my powers alone can’t beat you but I will cause much pain as possible until I can’t fight you anymore.” As Phoenix walked up to Nall, he began to make a flashmail to Gingitsune.

To: Gingitsune

I know my chances are not great but I have a plan which depends on you. Nall is afraid of your powers. It seems that he has a weakness to light. I know you maybe uneasy about attacking him but he needs to be brought down to earth. When I’m about to lose, use your powers against him.

If you don’t attack at that point, I’ll understand. I have faith in you, Gingi-sama.

End Flashmail

I wish that I have more control of my powers. If I can find a way to track his gravity field as he disappears, then I may have a chance against him. Phoenix increased the gravity field around Nall once again and drew out his sword. He got close to Nall and pointed his sword tip close to his neck. Come on. I dare you to disappear. If I just focus on feeling the new gravity field, that would be my best chance to strike. As Phoenix predicted, Nall did his disappearing act. Phoenix was completely focused on finding the new gravity field and suddenly, he found a new gravity field being formed. Bingo! Phoenix headed towards the direction of the gravity field and attack with Gan Revolver before Nall materialized completely. I got you now, Nall.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Hacorie
Ikkitousen

Post by Hacorie » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:36 pm

(OOC: MY post is coming tommorro....i will edit this post if no one else has posted yet. (this post will come early morning since thats when my study period is.)
Hacorie
Level 36 Heavy Blade
Gold: 21237

Equips
Oceanic Aura/Sharktooth-Ice Helm-Winter Coat-
Shiva's Rings-Bondage Pants
---Water Magic, BL Yokohama

Wishlist:
Level Meh Up
Weapons: Sakabatou/Rock n Roll/Peace Blade
Body: Knight's Armor
Other: Earthlore/Feng Shui
--------Water/Earth Scrolls

Zan
Exalted Player

The Entrance

Post by Zan » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:55 am

“The Shadows are silenced.” A small child managed to mutter as a league of reporters approached him in the hospital like a hungry school of sharks.

Conner watched the scene unfold in front of him upon the faint glow of his television. Every syllable spelled relief for the overworked and leukemia-stricken college student, a giddy smile starting to spread across his face like a child introduced to his first candy store. It was the first bit of good news that had reached his desperate ears in months and it couldn’t have come at a better time. Not only had the doctors commented on how well the chemotherapy was going, but he had just snagged his first “A” in college on a rather difficult spices test. As much as Conner had initially despised the place, the culinary school was turning out to be a blessing in disguise. Sure, it had hosted weeks of pain and emotional torture (all in great thanks to The World), but the events orbiting around Wulo had finally ended and left him with a greater appreciation for life. Even his cancer was starting to show promise in his life as it had drawn him and his father into much closer contact. The beer-bellied man had sobered up for a week or two now and he was even starting to show interest in his educational life. Where he had once mocked him for wanting to be a cook, he could now only praise him as his palette was teased with delicious meal after delicious meal.

So there he sat, sprawled comfortably across his rickety bed with his head cradled easily into his intertwined fingers. Dirty blonde hair hid some of Conner’s face, but could not snare his grin. Every piece of life’s puzzle seemed to be fitting together one by one and only an act of God could smear such happiness. Any light that managed to breach the fortress of his dorm room’s curtains seemed to make an intricate painting that started along his wall and snaked slyly up to the edge of his ceiling. One could only imagine how a person abusing one substance or another would handle the site and the mere thought of it brought a laugh from deep in Conner’s stomach. The laugh seemed to slip out the crack under his door and run madly down the halls of the college dorms. The joy was indescribable and uplifting and the more he got into it the more childish he felt. Every sensation firing from every nerve was nearly intoxicating. After what seemed like an eternity of laughter and clutching at his gut, the adult in him fought to the surface and slowly brought him back down to Earth. Wiping tears from his eyes with a few laughs still managing to escape, Conner got to his feet and stretched a very rejuvenating stretch. All at once his muscles seemed to sigh with long-awaited relief and yet another rush of endorphins brought a goofy smile back to his lips.

Once his laughs had finally died out and his smile had dampened a bit, the college student made a slow approach to his T.V. With a hint of reluctance in his movements (for turning off the television meant he would have to get back to the stack of late homework due in only a few days), Conner managed to switch the box off and head back to his desk. The instant he talked himself into taking a seat he was launched back to his feet as a jolt of surprise surged through his body and pumped adrenaline into his veins. His eyes had become transfixed upon his computer screen and he felt his knuckles whiten under his grip. Somehow his computer had managed to boot itself up and open up ‘The World,’ the log-in screen mocking him from across the room. As much as logic screamed at him not to approach the contraption, Conner found himself making careful steps towards the foul thing. His recent rush of glee over the past few days had given him the sort of courage that had gotten him into the mess with Wulo in the first place. So, being the curious buffoon that he was, his fingers were soon clamoring around the keyboard.

Whatever had started up his computer seemed to have an enemy as well. Each time Conner would enter in his screen name and the corresponding password ‘The World’ would be hit with some critical error and force a terminal restart upon his PC. After a good ten or fifteen minutes of logging on and shutting down, the program succeeded in connecting him to its server and spouted its usual ‘Welcome to the World’ greeting. Wasting no time, Conner quickly slipped the goggles over his head and clutched nervously at his controller. The game informed him of his teleportation into the Aqua Capital and soon he was standing amongst a number of busy players. Now with the mien of Zan covering his features, he walked the streets of Mac Anu with a bit more confidence that he would if it was the real world. Not only did he feel stronger in ‘The World,’ but the recent emotional rollercoaster Wulo had taken him on had also given him a sense of responsibility for the game. The Heavy Blade could almost guarantee that the game was terrorizing other players with its antics and Zan felt like he had to be the one to stop it. Outlandish? Perhaps. Stupid? Oh, without a doubt. Did he have to do it? Not at all. Was he going to? Definitely.

Without much to go on as to what had caused the freak out on his computer, Zan strolled the cobblestone streets looking as lost as a newbie upon their first entrance into ‘The World.’ Even in the game Zan had a smile that seemed to be plastered on his face. What had started out as an investigation had quickly become a vacation. The beauty of Mac Anu’s sunset and the soothing symphony of its rushing waters brought the Heavy Blade into an almost trance-like state. He rocked to and fro on the balls of his feet and closed his eyes as he let every last sensation wash over him in small tides. Players gawked at him as they passed and others snickered in the ears of their friends as they mocked his odd expression and taunted his movements like they were some ridiculous gimmick. In most cases Zan would have been overtaken with embarrassment and logged out without a moment’s notice. Yet again his newly mustered courage was spawning forth unnatural behavior and ostracizing him from his real personality. Seeing as he hardly ever had time or proper material to feel such recreation, Zan didn’t give it too much heed. As much enjoyment as he was pulling from his most recent trip to ‘The World,’ Zan finally snapped out of the pseudo hypnotism and resumed his trip.

More and more players seemed to flood into the server with every passing minute and the noise soon became a tad overwhelming. Wanting to decrease his good moon on his terms and his alone, the Heavy Blade decided to (for the first time) make a trip into the next server up. He wasn’t the most qualified person around to make himself known amongst the more advanced players, but there had to be less people there. There had to be somewhere that could offer him a place to breathe and clear his head of all the intruding voices brought on by the suffocating amount of people around him. Pushing past a large glob of players that threatened to overtake him if he made the wrong the wrong step, Zan half-walked half-jogged over to the whirring hum of the Chaos Gate in the distance. With each step he took forward the sheer mass of the crowd forced him to take two steps back until, finally, he found the perfect gap amongst the shops that allowed him to safe passage to his destination. Whipping out his sword from its carefully chosen space on his back, he held it at the center of the spinning anomaly in front of him.

”Theta Server…” His voice showed no enthusiasm in the least, but his heart still ached with the overload of happiness that was racing through his system like a drug.

Quicker than usual, the golden rings ascended from him almost as quickly as they had fallen. Dun Loireag was even more amazing than Mac Anu, albeit a bit more peculiar. Wooden planks served as walkways even with the laws of physics and yelling at them to fall as they should. Tied to a number of protruding rock formations were a number of colored parachute-like structures that seemed to ride the air much like a kite would. Gales of wind whipped mercilessly through his hair and tossed his coat like a paper bag any direction it so chose. As irritating a problem as the wind might grow to be, Zan definitely noticed a significant drop in the number of players when compared to the cluttered atmosphere of the Aqua Capital. With the pressure of claustrophobia lifted from his chest, he could breathe freely once again.

Avoiding a grunty as it hopped passed without so much as a hello, Zan took in the rest of the sights with a grain of salt. If Mac Anu had presented him so many difficulties, he could only imagine what this place had in store for him if he stuck around too long. A few quiet moments and he’d make his way back to the novice server where he felt a little more at home. Trying to find a perfect place to be alone was easier than his search in the Delta server, but still very challenging. The only places that seemed without placers were gaps right out in the open where the Heavy Blade would almost certainly feel like every eye would be upon him. Not too long after he had begun the cognition of sneaking around a building and kicking back there fought passed his hazy consciousness and made it to the surface. As he was about to begin the short trek to the secluded spot he had chosen, he caught another player with the same idea. However, rather than do it for relaxation, the man seemed focused on some event taking place in front of him. Perhaps he too had become entranced with the wonders a root town offered, but the look upon his brow seemed more near the point of frustration than happiness.

The bulk of the Grunty Farm hid whatever was most likely interesting this man so much and the only way to even get close enough to pull any sort of half-assed reconnaissance was to simply walk up and see what was so intriguing. Zan didn’t rush but chose instead to play it as steady and cool as possible. If Zan was taken as some hyperactive kid who ‘just had to be in the loop,’ the man (whoever the hell he was) would more than likely tell him to shove off. Minutes ticked by as he would take a couple steps then debate with himself whether it was worth it, than take a few steps again, etc. etc. in a never ending chain until finally the Grunty Farm and the odd player were only a few steps away. What sounded like a skill activating caught his attention and his walk soon became a sprint. With a quick skid to stop himself from charging into the player that had initially caught his attention, he gave him a quick poke on his shoulder.

”Uh..what’s going on?” Zan’s voice showed how unsure he was of the player’s upcoming reaction.

"Hmm? Oh... It's a little in-party brawl, nothing to worry about." The man replied calmly.

”Are you sure? I could have sworn I just heard someone use a skill…” Zan’s own intrigue seemed to be on the rise.

"Oh, yeah... Phoenix and Nall, battling it out, over something they agreed on." Again, the response was perfectly timed and ever more perfectly executed.

”Who and who now?” Zan, however, had no such grace.

"Those two." He responded, pointing to a pair of odd-looking blademasters. "Nall is the cocky one with the cape.”

”Uh, my apologies for all the questions, but I’m almost sure it’s impossible to use skills in root towns…” Zan’s voice was growing steadily more accusational.

"Is it? Huh, I guess we never thought of that. You see, we're a bit... different, than normal players."

"I...see. May I ask what exactly you mean by that? Are you administrators or something?"

"No... not admins. They hold no love for us... We're not hackers, either... We're on the run from both. We kinda got caught between them, got out characters hacked for the most part against our will..." He trails off, as if unpleasant memories surfaced.

"I'm...not so sure how to react to that. I've never seen people get so in character before, I'll tell you that much." The Heavy Blade's voice said, his brow rising in unison.

"I've heard rumors, but CyberConnect doesn't have anything to do with that. The government has already said they check out. Why?" Zan wasn't too sure he would like where this was headed.

"That's us." It was so…blunt.

"I see. Look, you shouldn't play the game so much. It doesn't seem to be too healthy for ya'." Zan joshed, looking over at the quarrelling players.

"You're missing out on a lot, man... When you still think it's a game, there's so much you miss." He said, seeming to relax and play along with the newcomer's idea.

"Ha. If only you knew what bull crap this thing has put me through the last couple months. Just a game? I'm not that naive. With that attitude, I guess you are probably in the same jam I was a couple days ago. Except your circumstances are much more...unique." As soon as the mysterious player had started to play along, Zan was already backpedaling.

"Really? Tell me more."

"Eh...I'm not too sure I understand it myself. A player by the name of Wulo got me mixed up with a pretty bad group that roamed the World. Something called the Pluto Group. He saved me from an odd monster he called a 'Data Bug' that had, apparently, been trying to copy my character data...should I go on? I don't want to bore you."

"Hmm... sounds a bit like our troubles, to a somewhat lesser degree... we're hunted by a group of malicious and obscenely powerful hackers. To say the least, that is."

"Well, whatever was after me, seems to be gone now." He paused for a moment, evaluating the situation. "Need any help breaking those two up?"

"Nah, it'll sort out on it's own. But you're free to stick around if you want, we're always willing to have more people. Be aware though, that it might be a very large commitment."

"I'm not so sure I need to get involved in another--" His voice trailed off as the memory of his computer's odd boot up played. Perhaps it was this he was supposed to find. "Actually, I need something to throw myself into. So, do I need to learn the secret handshake or somethin'?"

"Yeah, the handshake, the passphrase, and the pin number... your card will come in the mail on Monday... Seriously though, nothing like that. Just hang around with us for a while. What's your name, by the way?"

"Nighthand... Sometimes Silverblade, but that's a long story."

"Nice to meet you Nighthand. At least....I hope." Zan smiled nervously at Nighthand before turning back to the brawl.
Lv. 50 Heavy Blade
Wishlist
Special: Levels, GR Sendai, PL Sakai, Darklore.
W: Tonosama Sword, Mineuchi, Jundachi.
A: Samurai Helm, Able Hands, Rare Greaves.
I: Holy Sap, Treebane, Cooked Bile, Nightbane.
EX: Elemental Summon (Lv. 2), Overdrive (Lv.1), Elemental Attacks (Lv. 2), Enhance Dark, Elemental Breath (Lv. 2).

Nall
Elevated Player

Post by Nall » Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:13 am

“If you calm down, I will get you ten fish when we get to Mac Anu.”

Nayru's eyes lit up. Fish! Nayru loved fish more then anything he could think of. Reinier suddenly became Nayru's new best friend. Nayru did calm down, but was still very worried for what was to come. He sighed as Nighthand spoke his piece.

"Who cares if they hurt him, they'll all be dead either way!"
Nayru watched at Night walked away towards another players.

"Well, at least his not actually sticking around to be threatening... Grrr, he knows Nall too! He should know that threatening him will just make him want to fight more! Why does everyone hate Nall so much? He may be secretive, but he's also helping... How many times has he sticked his ass on the line... Hell, he died for them..."
Reinier, who was still beside Nayru was listening in. He didn't quite understand much as he was not present until recently.

Nighthands words did make Nall want to fight even more. Night was simply making it seem to be more of a challenge for him. Nall was determined to show Phoenix and everyone how strong the hackers are.

“Nall, I don’t believe that crap about how the hackers are unbeatable. Everyone can be beaten including you. Regardless how much power you or they may have, I will not give up because they can’t be beaten. You need some common sense and trust beaten into that damn thickheaded skull of yours. I don’t care if my powers alone can’t beat you but I will cause much pain as possible until I can’t fight you anymore.”

Nall laughed.

"Oh they're beatable. Just not by us... At least not the way we stand right now. Even if I could bring us all to their server, and we attacked them head on, we wouldn't kill one of them, and we'd all die. You're the one who needs to get some common sense. I KNOW the hackers, you don't."

Phoenix stepped forward, increasing the gravity on him again. As he pointed his sword tip at Nall's neck, Nall disappeared again. Nall noticed that Phoenix had tracked him quickly by locking onto his gravity field. Nall looked at the blademaster rushing him with a Gan Revolver. He smiled.

That attack came and hit him directly. Some of the crowding player's that began to form around the dueling pair gasped. However, they were placed in more shock when Nall was completely unharmed, Phoenix's blade going right through him. When Phoenix was finnished his attack Nall jabbed for his face with increadible speed. Nall wasn't going to draw his sword, he didn't want Phoe to get injured.

"Did you like that? You wanted some answers, well here they are! What I just did is actually a skill I stole from one of the hacker elites. Yes, he had the power to have attacks go right through him under certain conditions."
Nall disappeared again and reappeared a couple feet away from Phoenix.

"Invincibility can be very hard to fight. Ask Nighthand, or Gingitsune what it was like fighting Kuja. Ask them if they would have been able to figure out the secret to Kuja's power."
Nall began to walk forward towards Phoenix, disappearing and reappearing as much as needed to avoid any gravity crush.

"Oh, sorry, I didn't mention Kuja was the weakest of the eight. But look at me now! I have similar powers of that of Kuja, not to mention my own. I'd only wager my life against possibly beating one of the remianing seven. And thats WITH your help. My powers may seem impressive, or cheap, but it's nothing compared to what they can do. They can do things you never thought possible."
Nall disappeared again, however, before he reappeared, Phoenix felt sharp pains in his torso. Nothing serious, Nall still was only using his fists. However, Nall started to feel his own pain in his shoulder. The Cape of Deciet was acting up, Nall wasn't used to controling it yet.

Nayru sighed and looked at Reinier who seemed very confussed at what Nall was doing.
"Psst, Nall might get mad if I tell you this so keep it on the DL! He has the same type of power as the hackers. Each hacker has his or her own special power/powers that are theirs to control. Kuja's power was generally known as Water. Royce's is Light, and Xenobia's was Nature. Nall's power is a weird one though, which is why the hacker's have trouble with him. He's very good at running away and avoiding all damage because his power is Time."

Reinier gave a glance that seemed to read 'wtf?' Nayru sighed and shook his head.

"I said Time! You know, tick tock! He has the power to manipulate the games clock. More specifically, he can slow down time all around him, cept for himself. Thus, it's like he disappears because he moves faster then even light. He can also stop time for several seconds, which is what he did when he jabbed Phoenix without even being see or sensed by anyone."
Nayru had a look of disgust on his face.

"Yet, Nall wasn't lying. Though that may seem to make him invincible, it doesn't. He too, has his flaws. If you guys knew how, combined, you could probably take down Nall... But you don't know how, nor are you very organized. And the hackers have more even more amazing techniques. There's one who can see the future and completely predict your attacks... Xenobia can control a players body, using it against their own team... Nall and I arn't even sure how to deal with that skill yet. And there's one who can summon the dead, a necromancer of sorts. There's even one who can turn into a ferocious demon beast....It's really scary!"

Nall began demonstrate another one of his new techniques, however, as soon as he did so, the pain in his shoulder doubled. He winced a bit, but held onto his concentration. Nall calmly spoke.

"Rue Rom"
Phoenix prepared to dodge the spell, but the spell wasn't aimed at him. Nall had cast Rue rom on himself. The misty water flowed around him, but didn't touch him or deal damage. The water molded itself and finally floated around Nall's body.

"I can do a lot with this water... Stop your annoying babble and understand what I have to say"
This action quickly caught Nighthands attention. Nall had already proven his point, and the crowd around them thickened. Nall wanted to end this and get out of here. Nall sighed.
'I should have listened to Nayru... The Admin's are going to be on our asses very shortly...'

Vera
Exalted Player

Post by Vera » Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:35 am

ooc: Me and cypher are RPing on AIM my vulpine appearance so that is why it is vague, but I will re-flashback it when we finish.

Vera entered the root town of Dun Loireag; her ears flicked in the wind as she started to walk her fox tail swayed from left to right; her cloak and dress flew back slightly as her holster was seen, revealing her guns. She was the only gunner in the game, to her knowledge and she, enjoyed its power but understood its weaknesses; she could only wear armor that was designed for the gunner, which the armor was weaker then even wave master armor. She walked slowly as she sat down for a moment and thought of what to do. ”I have no idea, what I should be doing. Maybe I should just go back to the hideout. I hope Kitski is ok; I would die if anything happened to her.” She said to herself as she thought of her vulpine partner.

Vera yawned as she dozed of slightly, as the warm breeze and sun lashed her face and sent her into a small flash back. Her dream was completely silent, but she knew what, was being said; it was when she became a gunner. She had been fighting endlessly against the two hackers, which had infected her with the felinoa virus. The virus was a vicious virus, which slowly transformed its host into a feline. But, she had abandoned her friends to fix herself. Along the way, she gained a partner, a small fox with several tails named Kitski; the two became quick friends and they helped each other along the way. At the end, Vera fought the hackers alone for hours and when all seemed lost, her sister had arrived; her sister was a player that rarely showed up, but had fallen into a coma several months before Vera. Together they finished off, the hackers, but it seemed that her sister was mortally wounded and in her last moments, gave her the antidote for the virus and a small charm. She cried as her sister disappeared into nothingness and left her only a charm and the memories. She took the antidote and used it; her body returned to normal, but she was left with the charm. She had no idea what to do with it, but she thought anyway and put it on; nothing happened. She was angry at this, but her partner approached her and smiled. String into each others eyes, they cried and Vera embraced her partner. The charm began to flash as Kitski spoke to Vera and proclaimed that she loved her and would never leave her. As the charm started to glow brightly, the light over took, them and transported them from the field to the root town of Mac Anu. As they awoke, Vera was now a gunner and permanently linked with her partner.

She began to have another flash back; this one was of when her appearance was changed again. She had been tricked into coming to a vacant field, by an evil admin, out to get them, named Cypher. He had asked her many questions about Nall and such, but she told him very little, which was what she knew. During her stay on the field, he had annoyed her and refused to allow her to leave, until she helped him. She had become angry and she him; once in the arm and three times in the leg, but he was unharmed, which to Vera was weird. Once she had calmed down, he offered to play a game with her and she accepted; which she will regret forever now. During the game, Cypher had tricked her and won, causing her to become part, vulpine; just like her partner. She made an attempt to fight back, but was powerless against him, from the change and due to his admin powers.

Vera awoke and slowly stood up, as she walked towards the Grunty Farm. As she neared it, she saw Nighthand and waved to him; she quickly ran over to him and smiled as she grinned. She saw a fight brewing between Nall and Phoenix, which surprised her; but in the end she didn’t care. ”Wow, you guys are heart-broken without me. Look at them, fighting over who loves me more.”

Nighthand laughed. “Actually, they’re fighting to get information. Specifically, Phoenix wants to know the deal, and Nall was about to tell us when he was attacked and distracted. Seems pretty dumb when you think about it, but I enjoy a good fight as much as anyone, so I’m not going to stop it.”

Vera laughed and shook her head, "So, what happened to you all anyway? As you can see, I got my ass kicked again." she said pointing to her tail and ears.

”Oh, nothing too much, We all got our asses kicked as well, when Nall came back and led us into a losing fight with yet another hacker… Went on a little side-quest without him and ended up with him anyways. The usual.” He finished with a grin.

Vera smiled and grinned as she, walked slowly over to the fight and smiled. ”Hello everyone, how are you all?” she said grinning as she stared at them all.
Weapon: Shadow Guns
Armor: GunnerHeadband|Gunner Cloak|Dark Gunner Gloves|Shadow Anklet
Skills:Rapid Shot|Ani Eater|Ap Torv|La Repth|Ani Kruz
Money:8608
Items:Many
Power: Night Vision and Blindness Immune
Wishlist: More Ultra Light Gunner Equipment

Golden Orb is Currently: faint blue glow

Lighteria
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Lighteria » Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:22 pm

"Mew..."

"You're right Kit." Lighteria says, sitting in a rather remote corner, talking to his kitten who remains perched on his shoulder. "This in-fighting is foolish, especially since we all feel real pain. We shouldn't be causing it to each other! That's just crazy... I've got to do something..."

"Mew meow mew. Meow meow mew mew rowr meow mew mew. (I didn't say that. I was just mewing because your shoulder's comfortable.)" Kit replies, turning her head towards him.

Lighteria smiles softly and lets out a light laugh. "I know... but it was implied."

Kit lets out a kitten-like giggle and hops from his shoulder. "Mew. Meow, mew mew meow. (Some excuse. Well, I won't stop you.)"

"Heh... At least you can't read my thoughts anymore." Lighteria smiles and reaches over to the kitten, rubbing his fingers behind her ear. Kit smiles and purrs happily, leaning her head into his fingers. After a few seconds of purring, Lighteria's smile fades and he gets slowly to his feet.

I should be more honest with myself. I'm sure deep down I don't mind seeing Nall get hurt... I don't really blame him for the fact that I can't log out, but he lied to me and toyed with my feelings when he told me he knew about that lost gift. I just can't forgive him for being so callous... But even so, he bleeds and feels pain just like the rest of us. I refuse to ignore that.

With a quick breath to build his confidence, the twin blade rushes to where Pheonix and Nall are scuffling. As he runs, the corner of his eye catches Reinier and his impressive new weapons. Nall's words flash past his mind for a moment.

"Idiots! The hacks you all carry with you are like giant beacons! Coming out here without me is like waving a giant flag that says 'look! We're all alone without any guidance! Come kill us Mr. Hackers!"

I wonder if he was talking about things like that... everyone seemed to develop some weird ability lately. ...I mean, even I changed a little. I can understand Kit when she talks, after all. ...I wonder... will I need new kinds of power just to survive here?

Lighteria shakes the thoughts away for the moment and finally skids to a halt between Phoenix and Nall, holding his arms out to his sides to block them from hitting each other... or NOT hitting each other as was seemingly the case with Nall.

"Stop it, you two!" He says, his voice squeaking a lot more than he had hoped, obviously on account of his being deathly nervous about speaking up. He clenches his gut tightly, trying to continue. "Fighting each other won't s-solve anything! Let's... j-just sit down and talk ok!?" His knee starts shaking involuntarily and his face pales a bit from fear, but, surprisingly enough to him, he stays standing, both keeping and trying to avoid eye contact with Nall at the same time if that's even possible.
Lv. 37 Twin Blade (180 SP)
Weapon: Rashou (Thunder Coil- 30, Suvi Lei- 20, Mumyn Lei- 30) (Life Drain)
Armor: Holy Tree Mail (Juk Kruz- 20) - Scarab Earring (La Repth- 20, Rip Maen- 40) - Time Sandals (Ap Do- 15) - Forest Gloves (Juk Kruz- 20)
GP: 14384

Wish list (In order of priority): Angel halo accessory, chibi angel wings, Bone Armor, Professional

Lighteria: "Obsessively updating my profile since Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:10 pm"

Asgard
Exalted Player

Post by Asgard » Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:34 pm

"I'm great," Asgard mentioned lightly to the vulpine player. He hadn't seen Vera in quite a while and was quite relieved that there was another strong entity to help them in a time of need. "It's good to see you again, Vera. I'd love to get into one of those 'catching up' moments, but I think that we should be starting to leave now. Right, Nighthand?" Asgard looked to the Swordmystic to see his impartial expression. The Fist Fighter had heard his neutral statement before.

God dammit Nall. Stop showboating! Asgard's brain was going a mile a minute. If this little spar was going to continue, the administrative force would have their time to assemble, get here, and capture any one of us. Even if they did not possess illegal hacks or passive abilities in battle, the task force they send could go beyond the maximum levels of the game. The hackers had their power, but the law had their own.

Asgard, as well as the others, had his own power, and as of late, came under the full realization of what he had. The six normal elements, the two unheard ones, and a powerful neutral force. Through the taming of the eight souls, and the mastery of neutral power, he had a wide array of powerful tools to help him and the team. However, the problem with it was that the souls passed through his body at their own accord. Being agents of a dark force, but bound to Asgard's will, they had the ability to leave his body, for a set amount of time. The Fist Fighter could use the skill with the appropriate soul in his entity. After that, a 'copy soul' is made, making Asgard able to use the skill, if he has sufficient HP/SP. It was all incredibly complicated, but this 'event' was far from complicated.

Asgard clapped his hands, trying to get Nall's and Phoenix's attention. Lighteria was already on the move to put some distance between the two. The normal players were beginning to become deathly afraid, as they had probably never seen a fight erupt in a Root Town. "All right, children. Lets go to the field before my buddies show up and lockout the server." Asgard felt a warm feeling inside his body, like the heat of a warm fire upon his digits. It seemed that Fides, the soul of fire, was first to make it back into his body since the lockout in Blessed Normal Ressurection. Now that Nall had shown Kuja's power to tons of witnesses, Asgard decided it a good time to summon a mediator to this childish spar. "I don't really want to use this in front of all these people, but oh well..."

Asgard activated the skill hesitantly. "Vak Knight," he said under his breath. As the final letter exited his mouth, his fingers began to glow crimson red. Putting his hands forward, he hung his fingers downward, towards the ground. The red glow upon the tips of his fingers dropped down to the ground, expanding into a pool of red. "Actions like these demean the teamwork of us all. Phoenix, if you believe that you cannot resolve your differences any other way than this, then I suggest you leave." The final drops fell to the ground, large enough to install a hot tub into.

From the pool of red, a figure slowly rose out. It was clad in dark red full plate, wielding a blazing Bastard Sword. The entity was oddly shaped, as his lower legs seemed to be behind his upper legs, shaped like a jagged N. "You can say anything you want to me to change my mind. I don't care if he left and came back with a smile on his face. I don't care if he keeps us in the dark like he has." Fides, the knight of fire, stood eight feel tall over the dissapating pool of red. His immense size and battle worn armor made him look like a man who had just slain an army single handed. "Living in this world for as long as I have, I know now that the only way to beat the foes that set out to enslave us is that we have to learn from our experiences. Word of mouth means much, but experiencing your faults means much more."

Asgard began walking towards the pair engaged in battle, with fides alongside of the Fist Fighter. The giant was silent, but he still held his blade with an iron grip. "For example, the only way to beat Nall with that hacker cape on is to wait for him to attack. When he openly strikes with either magic or with his sword, the Cape is momentarily drained of its power. Kuja's item was only supposed to be a defensive mechanism, being a cloak of 'invincibility'. While Kuja attacked us with his overly insane control over 'living water', others attacked in his moment of weakness." Asgard and Fides walked past Phoenix and his familiar and put themselves between the two, not trying to protect Nall, but generally opposing Phoenix's course of action. The Fist Fighter placed himself right beside Lighteria, hoping that four people will be enough to quell the fight. Terro landed on the other side of Asgard, growling. If it had fangs, it would bear them right about now. Shocked gazes and muttering among other players filled the mountain Root Town of Dun Loireag.

"Like Nall said, no one is invincible. You have to keep you style of fighting changing. I see from this experience that you never analyse how opponents fight. You just try and use your powers of gravity to crush them, not knowing that they might have a way to counteract it." Asgard pointed to himself. "If you want to try and get through me with your gravity mumbo jumbo, Fides and Terro would be glad to ghost you and drag your corpse through to the Chaos Gate." The knight hoisted his sword forward, the flames an intense white, seemingly being able to burn forever. Terro readied itself, spreading out his talons to jump into a dash at a moment's notice. Asgard reached out with one hand, awaiting an answer. "So choose..."
This is my non-banner profile. Read at own discretion!
Wishlist (Bolded sections denotate priority, in descending order)
In General: LEVELS
Pet-Related: EX-Levels, [Lv. 2]Overdrive Sphere, [Lv. 2]Ressurect
Armor: Dice Gloves (20 RARE), Golden Turban (42), Saint Cross (41), Protect Ring (41)
Weapons: Master Nunchaku (40 RARE), Three-Section Staff (37),
Items: (None)

ryok
Elevated Player

Post by ryok » Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:17 pm

-Idiots! The hacks you all carry with you are like giant beacons! Coming out here without me is like waving a giant flag that says 'look! We're all alone without any guidance! Come kill us Mr. Hackers!"

-He had dazed out after the sudden light of the field/dungeon transition until right when Nall said this. Ryok snapped out of it for a moment only to return to his usless babbling to himself about absolutely nothing.

-I wonder what my mom is doing.. Hrmm. Wait what?!.. Hacks.. Hrmm powers. I need some of that.. Well, it does seem like Nall likes to boss us around. Blech.. He brought me into this. I really would like to leave this insanity that is if its not one of my crazy dreams. Waitwait.. Hacks?.. I wonder if theres something about my charater that I've yet to see since i've been here.

-The other characters left him behind to fiddle on top of the tower for a breif moment. He walked to the edge of the tower, and looked down. The snow falling down on to him. A gentle breeze blew past him..

-"What the hell have I gotten myself into." He said without a real emotion behind it. His face was expressionless, and he didn't know what he was doing. "Is this real or not?.." He stepped back a few feet, and ran forwards. He jumped out away from the cliff, and spilled forwards. At first he was frantic the ground rushing at him, but as he came within a few feet from the ground he yell.. "Theta!" The golden rings decended on him faster then he fell, and engulfed him.

-Kakashi stood on the ground of the field confused, but in good health. "So, this is JUST a game. Heh.." There was an explosion in the distance. The shock wave of it expanded melting the ice, and turning the ground a dry desert like color. As it passed through him something changed. He didn't know what at the moment, but he'd soon find out. He turned around watching the tower fall into nothing, and the shock wave just keep going. He spun around a few times the ground cracking, and drying even further. Dead burnt trees littered the field, and out of the explosion a figure walked. Kakashi couldn't make it out until it disappeared, and appeared in front of him. It was ryok, but something was wrong wasn't HE ryok? He looked down at his clothes.. The last thing he remembered wearing. Of course the clothes he lasted remembered wearing were from four days earlier. Ryok stepped up again..

-"..." He didn't say anything, but it was almost like he was nagging him.

-"Who are you?.." Kakashi asked dumbfounded..

-"Guess.." ryok replied back kind of annoyed..

-"Well you're me, but your not me." He said actually feeling dumb this time.

-"..." Ryok woke up in the city of Dun Loireag. The suttle music playing in the back of his mind went dead, and only played for a second. It was shattered by a crowd of people around a group. It was obvious now that it was his new teammates, but what was going on? Ryok stood up, and looked out across a few expanses until his eyes met a spell. Blankly he stared not knowing what to do. A fight in a Root Town was definatly a new thing for him. He started over, but then realized something that might save him from an impending doom by admins.

-This little scene will cost the us dearly if the admins show up before we leave. What can I do.. Wait was that whole me, and ryok thing just a dream?.. Heh, I can't really tell whats real and whats not now.

-He started across the first bridge his focus completely on the swarmed area. The wind shook it a bit as he walked, as he ran across. On the next pillar he stopped, and waited.. He wasn't sure if he should help stop the fight or just wait for everyone to go rushing towards the Chaos Gate. He started at it again drawing his sword, and getting ready to try, and stop it how ever he could. Even though he was new to this group he'd speak up. Something had changed about him recently as well.. He thought differently, and acted differently. Something wasn't right. He stopped half way there, and say that everyone was just about ready to leave. Ryok slid his blade away for NOW there was no reason for it, and he hoped in the Root Town there'd be no need at all. He stood waiting for them all to come his way..

Ryok| Lvl. 27| Heavy Blade| Demonic Sword| Kagayuzen| Fire Bracer| Suzaku Fiery Pants
Karin| Kannon| Miu Lei| Vak Rom| Vak Don| Dek Vaks| Ap Vaks
Skill Drain| Death

Wish list:Black Sharp Angelic Wings| Time Headband| Unique Weapon

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:19 am

"Oh they're beatable. Just not by us... At least not the way we stand right now. Even if I could bring us all to their server, and we attacked them head on, we wouldn't kill one of them, and we'd all die. You're the one who needs to get some common sense. I KNOW the hackers, you don't."

Those words echoed through Phoenix’s head as he attacked Nall with the Gan Revolver. Of course, I don’t know the hackers. I’m tired of waiting for you to tell us about them. Baka, Na…. Phoenix’s thought was interrupted by the mere display of his sword going right through Nall. His face turned from mere joy of getting a hit to Nall to complete shock. Suddenly, Phoenix had met with Nall’s fist at an incredible speed. His face was slightly sore from the punch as he heard Nall once again.

"Did you like that? You wanted some answers, well here they are! What I just did is actually a skill I stole from one of the hacker elites. Yes, he had the power to have attacks go right through him under certain conditions." Nall disappeared and reappeared a couple feet away from Phoenix. "Invincibility can be very hard to fight. Ask Nighthand, or Gingitsune what it was like fighting Kuja. Ask them if they would have been able to figure out the secret to Kuja's power."

Phoenix wanted to continue to crush Nall with gravity but getting a consistent lock would be a problem since Nall kept on disappearing and reappearing. "Oh, sorry, I didn't mention Kuja was the weakest of the eight. But look at me now! I have similar powers of that of Kuja, not to mention my own. I'd only wager my life against possibly beating one of the remaining seven. And that’s WITH your help. My powers may seem impressive, or cheap, but it's nothing compared to what they can do. They can do things you never thought possible." With a blink, Nall disappeared once again. Before Nall reappeared, Phoenix felt some pain in his torso.

That couldn’t be from gravity. The pain of that is usually occurs when I used it. “That was from Nall. He must have punched you a few times before.” The guardian bird said in a nonchalant way. Phoenix continued to look at Nall and noticed that he was in pain as he cast the Rue Rom spell. Suzaku, get ready for the Vak Rom spell. Phoenix noticed that the spell was not for him but it was for Nall instead. What is he doing? He has no reason to cast it on himself. He looked Nall as the water shaped along his body. "I can do a lot with this water... Stop your annoying babble and understand what I have to say."

Nall, it seems that your powers causes you pain like my own gravity powers. You may have not been hit as much lately but my combined gravity and your own powers should have weakened you a little. The question is now that should I continue the fight or not. Even I weaken Nall greatly; I don’t know how I would hold up with my powers. What to… Phoenix suddenly saw Lighteria coming in between Nall and himself with his arms stretched out to hold each other back.

"Stop it, you two!" Phoenix knew that the twin blade was very afraid which something that Phoenix had not felt in awhile was. To him, having a near death experience and surviving from it would lose most fears. "Fighting each other won't s-solve anything! Let's... j-just sit down and talk ok!?" Phoenix looked at Lighteria and noticed that he was shaking. It takes guts to come stand in between us eventhough you are weaker in levels. Before Phoenix had a chance to act, Asgard clapped his hands and began to talk. "All right, children. Let’s go to the field before my buddies show up and lockout the server." There was a moment of silence before Asgard continued talking.

"I don't really want to use this in front of all these people, but oh well..." Asgard said with hesitance, Vak Knight. What now? Asgard keeps changing his powers more times than a snake sheds its skin. Phoenix saw Asgard’s fingers began glowing crimson. Asgard took his hand with his fingertips pointed downward which the glow seeped down to the ground forming a pool of red. "Actions like these demean the teamwork of us all. Phoenix, if you believe that you cannot resolve your differences any other way than this, then I suggest you leave."

Asgard, sometimes action speak louder than words. Phoenix saw a figure emerging from the pool of red that Asgard’s fingers created. He was surprised by the height and image of the red knight. You got to be kidding. Asgard continued to talk to Phoenix. "You can say anything you want to me to change my mind. I don't care if he left and came back with a smile on his face. I don't care if he keeps us in the dark like he has." There was another pause before Asgard spoke again. "Living in this world for as long as I have, I know now that the only way to beat the foes that set out to enslave us is that we have to learn from our experiences. Word of mouth means much, but experiencing your faults means much more."

Phoenix saw Asgard walk towards him and Nall with the giant red knight beside him. "For example, the only way to beat Nall with that hacker cape on is to wait for him to attack. When he openly strikes with either magic or with his sword, the Cape is momentarily drained of its power. Kuja's item was only supposed to be a defensive mechanism, being a cloak of 'invincibility'. While Kuja attacked us with his overly insane control over 'living water', others attacked in his moment of weakness." Asgard and his summon stood next to Lighteria blocking Phoenix’s view of Nall. Even Terro decided to join in the action.

"Like Nall said, no one is invincible. You have to keep you style of fighting changing. I see from this experience that you never analyze how opponents fight. You just try and use your powers of gravity to crush them, not knowing that they might have a way to counteract it." Asgard pointed to himself before speaking once again. "If you want to try and get through me with your gravity mumbo jumbo, Fides and Terro would be glad to ghost you and drag your corpse through to the Chaos Gate." The red knight and Terro were ready to fight as the knight raised his huge sword and the pet spreading its talons. Asgard reached out with one hand and said, "So choose..."

Phoenix knew that he could not win with those odds. He decided to sheathe his sword saying without words that he will stop fighting Nall. Phoenix decided to speak once again, “Asgard, don’t you realized that I know it will take much more than my own powers to beat them. I was trying to get information so I could develop a plan against them. I was tired in the way that we fight them with little to no information on them. Do you remember what happened when we fought Xenobia? My own powers were used against you. If we knew about her abilities sooner, there could be a better way. One more thing about learning my faults, my own fault almost kill me and I learned from it. I choose my battles and now I learned when to quit fighting. So all mighty leader,” Phoenix points to Nall before finishing his statement. “Take us to the next field.”

Phoenix began to walk away from the others and began to head for the Chaos Gate. I don’t understand why Nall has so much loyalty from them. It must be nice to have so much trust from them while you hide your secrets. Secrets that could improve their chances of living. I wish people would instill that much trust to me. I don’t think that they would trust me as much. Suzaku, I may think about leaving them for awhile depending how well this next mission goes. The bird immediately spoke to Phoenix, “Kazuma-sama, you cannot be seriously. You know what Nall said about your powers act as a homing beacon. I know about that. I may need some time to figure out some things. For now, don’t say anything about to the others. I don’t want them to worry especially now. One more thing, you have the option of staying with them or going with me if I decide to leave the group. Think about it for now and give me your answer if I decide to leave. Phoenix was cold and distant now as he continued to walk towards the Chaos Gate. Suzaku was extremely uneasy with the conversation that she had with her master.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster