Have something to say about .hack//DIVERGENCE? Post it here!

Moderator: Nighthand

Award all levels at the end?

Yes
86%
No
14%

Total votes: 28

Vash

If anyone is interested in what i think...

Post by Vash » Tue Apr 15, 2003 12:54 am

I quite like the idea *thumbs up*.
Anyway, at least in the sub-plots--let the scrubs like myself get a feel for it and at the same time up their levels so they can run with the more experienced players.
that's just my opinion.

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Tue Apr 15, 2003 5:15 am

We could never really catch up though, could we? By the time we go up three levels, chances are the main storyline posters have also. Right now they are heading to a lv.14 area. By the time we could go in that type of area, they would be ina lv.21 area.
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP
Bell, the Silver Grunty of Thunder
Skills/Spells-Shocking Arrow of Voltage(30), Arrow of the Burning Stars(10), MeRai Rom(40), Rai Kruz(10), La Repth(20), Rip Maen(40), MeRai Kruz(20), GiVak Kruz(20), MeRai Don(20), Rig Saem(15)
Weapon/Armor/Book-Golden Royal Bow/Thunder Torque, Thunder Cloak, Able Ring, Ivory Greaves/Thunder Magic
Wishlist: YL Fukuoka, Stormlore, Winter Stone, Silver Grunty

Kurai
Long Arm

Post by Kurai » Tue Apr 15, 2003 7:19 am

but when you do, you are a lower leveled character, and therefore, your experience is greater than the high levels... Eventually, it will all flatten out, its not like the minute you go into the main plot you'll be the greatest player to have ever came across The World.
-/Treeweaver//Hunting Guard//Spirit Hauberk//Cave bear Hood//Time Sandals/-
-/Juk Doom//RaJuk Rom//MeJuk Kruz//RaJuk Zot//Dek Juka//Phal Repth//Rip Synk//Ap Do/-

Tokki
Enlightened Player

Hmm...

Post by Tokki » Thu May 29, 2003 9:17 am

I'd say there is method to both means of leveling up. For one, if you level up during the dungeon the enemies will become easier to take out (Not that this should matter for experienced, creative role players such as yourselves), and can allow more people to enjoy the pleasures of destroying the baddies despite their levels. This also, as Gingitsune put it, will award the players with incentive and motivation to continue the quest in hopes of more experience.

On the other hand, I believe that benefits should come after the hard work, and if people must wait the entire quest for their levels, they wont be able to get a few levels, as they had desired, and slack off for the remainder of the quest. If they are made to wait until the end of the quest, they will also have to keep their posts at a high quality leaving no room for an epitome in their posting-- an equal greatness for all of their posts!

Either way would work, though I'm partial to the "Wait until the end." Leveling.
Tokki | Lv. 29 | Long Arm | Mistglaive | Kagayuzen | Time Headband | Rue Repulse | Rue Doom | GiRue Kruz | Rue Rom | Death | Ap Do | Miu Lei | Gan Don | Life Drain | No Damage | MeRue Rom

Wishlist: Undecided

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Tue Jun 17, 2003 1:12 pm

we seem to have settled this already...

i think the only downside of the current system is awarding the levels 3-7 at a time. i don't know quite how this is a downside... actually, i'm just rambling. oh, well.