Have something to say about .hack//DIVERGENCE? Post it here!

Moderator: Nighthand

Kaiku

ANSWER: HOW TO PLAY THE GAME

Post by Kaiku » Mon Jun 02, 2003 4:33 am

Can someone tell me how this site works, what I do, and how I do it?
PLEASE!!!! I JOINED THIS SITE TODAY!!! :cry:

Armina
Exalted Player

about this site

Post by Armina » Mon Jun 02, 2003 6:16 am

thank you for posting this in Questions & Comments where it belongs!
just fyi: Before I started to play on this board I read every single post there was... even before I made a username! I'm not saying that everyone needs to do that, but it could be a good idea. Perhaps then we wouldn't have an overload of one-line posts asking the same things over & over & over & over again.

this site is a writen, post-based RPG based on the .hack// series & games. it is an un-official, fan run message boards purely for fun & comraderie.

if memory serves me DIVERGENCE is taking place either at the same time as the games or after the games. either way, those characters playing here (when in character) know nothing about anything that has happened in the series or the games --for the most part anyway.

Gingistune is the webmistress for both this site & the subplots board for this site. if you wish to start playing please go to the subplots first to really get a feel for it.

Nall is the GM for this board, though Gingitsune helps him. this is not their only webpage though so this site can seem a bit slow & unpopulated at times. it also means that many times we have to wait before the story progresses. the subplots are a lot more fast paced & active.

if you're interested in joining what we call the "main plot" or "main story" you can do so by posting well in the subplots & then getting picked by Nall &/or Gingitsune based on your writing style & ability (not post count) to join us back here on the "main board". please do not post in the Delta threads here until you have received an invitation & have been brought into the story.

new players coming from subplots will be brought into the "main plot" when it returns to the root town, which is at this time only Mac Anu as we've not gone to Theta Server yet. if Nall & Gingi continue to bring new members from subplots into the plot as they just did they will be reviewing & choosing those who will join the "main plot" as the members of the "main plot" are finishing their adventure.

BBC is in character discussion, so please remember to post there as if you are the person who purchased The World. So please, nothing that implies the real you that is playing .hack//DIVERGENCE okay?
I know sometimes some of us can get a little mean about stuff like that, but it's cuz we see SO much of it. It tends to get a little old & wears our tollerance a bit thin, ja? *grins*
shops are in character too. we're not supposed to respond to character profiles & registration (which is presently locked anyway). new character profiles should only be being posted by those who have been brought over from the subplots board.

How to play

How to play The World: The World is an online adventure game played on the computer & using a game controller. FMV Goggles are often used with the game for full immersion. Once buying & installing the game a person creates a character. There are 6 character classes: Heavy Axeman, Heavy Blade, BladeMaster, Longarm, TwinBlade, & WaveMaster. The classes range from most physical power to most magical power in the order I've listed. Once a character has been created & named the player can log into The World. A new character will arrive first in the root city of Mac Anu in the Delta server. Once in the root town a character can purchase gear & items in the shops, save, talk & trade with other players & use the Chaos Gate. The Chaos Gate is how characters travel to Fields. Different Keyword combinations lead to different fields. Fields have monsters & dungeons... with more monsters. Monsters come out of Portals. Killing monsters gives a character experience with which to level & sometimes items. Finishing a dungeon & reaching the Gott Statue usually results in better items.

How to roleplay on .hack//DIVERGENCE: Read all sever anouncements. This should tell you almost everything you might need to know. One of them has a link to the new "SubPlots" board. Go there & create a character. To create a character you need at least a "character name" (the name of the character who will be running around in The World), a "player name" (made up persona -if you wish- for the person who bought The World), character class (see character classes above), & a writing sample of your written roleplaying skills. A good concept for the writing sample is "how the Player bought/got TheWorld." Absolutely NO pre-existing .hack// names for characters! It gets confusing & they "might" be brought into the stories, one way or another. Also, it is less confusing if you use your Character Name as your "sign-in" name on the servers. If you've seen the series or played the games everyone talks to everyone else using the character names, they don't even know any other names for their The World friends. I think they are still asking that you be accepted before you join in on the story posts. Once accepted... start posting! Those who post well will be givin a chance/choice to join the MainPlot on this board when the MainPlot returns to the root town. No one line posts. *frowns* it causes too much reading & adds little to the threads & stories. Certain places are "In Character"; meaning that posts should be written as if you are the person who purchased & is playing The World. Any not-in-character things you want to say in such threads should be separated & designated in some way as OOC (Out Of Character). Such threads on this site are "BBC" "Delta" "Theta" & any of the shops. If you are curious as to how to write a roleplay-post feel free to read the MainStory in "Delta". Please do not post there until you are invited because we're in the middle of a story at the moment & it would not make sense. .hack//DIVERGENCE occurs at the same time as the .hack// games.

sorry if I re-stated things a bit in my response. *grins* big post, ya know?
anyway, if I resaid it it's probably double-y important so it's probably okies to read it twice! thrice mayhaps! *laughs*
Nall & Gingi --I hope I explaned it alright!

hope this helps!

*edit*
I got a question about buying The World Video Game so I thought I should add to this.

The World is a fictional game that exists in the .hack// universe. On this site we roleplay that we are people in this "other world" where there is a game called The World. In other words, your character has purchased The World and has made a player-character within the game. It is this "player-character" that we are playing as in the main story (Delta Server). Our "thoughts" on that board tend to be those of the person playing the game. In BBC it is okay to post either as your character or ass your player-character, since both are in the "other world" the has The World.

There is nothing to buy to roleplay on this site. It's all in our imagination.
*end edit*

*new edit*
Fixed a few spelling & grammatical errors that I noticed while re-reading this post. *laughs* Yes, sometimes even I feel I need to be reminded!

About Avatars
okies... I've noticed this alot, & I know it says it on the personal profile screen... but avatars are only supposed to be 70 by 70 pixels big.
A little bigger is okay too, I suppose... but too big & they really cut into the readable post part of the screen. This site doesn't automatically scale down pics, so if you have to have a certain pic try to scale it down & have a friend host the scaled down image for you. I know Gingi can be really cool about hosting avatars for us, but I ask that you first join subplots first before infringing on her web-space. *grins* Just cuz I love Gingi & don't wanna see anyone abusing her good-will. Sometimes she's just too sweet for her own good. *grins*
For courtesy, please try to keep banners, well, banner-sized. *giggles* If the pic takes up the entire screen it's too big! *grins* remember it will be at the end of each one of your posts, so please use a little bit of courtesy. If you're stumped, I know Tokki has been doing banners for many players & I am of the opinion that not only are they a really great size (nice & slender!) but they're really terrific looking! *cheers* Ryukashin's is really neat too, but I haven't seen him on in while... maybe he joined subplots though --I don't go there very often.
For any .hack//DIVERGENCE newbies reading this, I know it can be really complicated to understand at first, but I'm sure after reading around it will make much more sense to you! I wish you all good luck in the subplots & hope to meet you someday in the "main plot"! Laters!
*end new edit*
Last edited by Armina on Wed Jun 18, 2003 8:23 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Level 33
Skills: JukRepulse (WoodL2), RaiWipe (ThunderL2), RueKruz(1:S:Water), DekGanz (dec. Earth), RaiRom (1:Thunder), Repth, RipTeyn
Specials: LifeDrain
Items: 4Antidote, 2Restorative, 23Health Drink, 10Mage'sSoul, 5Ressurect

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Mon Jun 02, 2003 2:07 pm

Perfect 'Mina-chan! That's awesome :D and I'll make it an announcement so that people don't lose track of it, I want people that have questions to seriously read this!

ramza
Exalted Player

Post by ramza » Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:42 pm

maybe put it in announcements
Rod of Darkness(Custom)
Night Cloak(Custom)
Dark Vest(Custom)
Red Beret(Custom)
OrmeAni Kruz, ani rom, meani zot, ani kruz
ola repth, rip maen
Ap anid
Dek anid
Level 28
700gp

Kaiku

Post by Kaiku » Tue Jun 03, 2003 8:53 pm

I'm sorry for posting too much....*sniffle-sniffle*I won't do it again... :cry:

Tsukasa_Kite_Hacker

Post by Tsukasa_Kite_Hacker » Wed Jun 18, 2003 2:57 pm

Um Why is the sub board lock i cant post nething there, and the googles were not to be issue out till the end of the year.

Kayin
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Kayin » Wed Jun 18, 2003 3:33 pm

The sub plots has been moved to a different board. The Url has been posted numerous times.. but once more I guess can't hurt, go to http://invisionfree.com/forums/DIVERGENCE/index.php
Level :24
Equip: Absorbtion, Raccoon Earcap, Wyrm Scale, Miner's Gloves, Mountain Boots
Skills: Groundbreaker, Dek Corv, Life Drain, La Repth, Rue Kruz, Gan Don, Ap Corv

"Give me one.... Wait! Screw one, Give me twenty good reasons!"

Armina
Exalted Player

Post by Armina » Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:18 pm

*giggles* I guess I didn't make it clear in my uber-long post that whenever I said "subplots" it was a link to the new subplots message board. *laughs*

oh well. *sighs* I guess I just thought everyone would be able to figure out a link from the funky blue lettering when they saw it! *laughs* my bad!
Level 33
Skills: JukRepulse (WoodL2), RaiWipe (ThunderL2), RueKruz(1:S:Water), DekGanz (dec. Earth), RaiRom (1:Thunder), Repth, RipTeyn
Specials: LifeDrain
Items: 4Antidote, 2Restorative, 23Health Drink, 10Mage'sSoul, 5Ressurect