Talk about anything you want here, just keep it clean, thank you!

Moderator: Nighthand

Raquar
Ikkitousen

Re: The Current Quest Thread

Post by Raquar » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:25 am

I'll try it out once I figure out when I'll have time to write my next post.
Level 28 Long Arm
Archspear, Newt Necklace, Smith's Gloves, Wyrm Scale, Kuja's Thong Dress
EXP: [700/1000]

WISHLIST
Levels
Weapons: - All
Armor: Head - Scarab Earring
Body - Nothing until Mid 30's. Ninja Garb Hand - Nothing until Mid 30's. Leg - Nothing until Mid 30's.
Items: Cooked Biles, Darkness Scrolls (Any and All)

Senna
Awakened Player

Post by Senna » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:29 am

I'm also fairly low on the usefulness list, but I've got a decent amount of SP and if there's any use of her particular ability in your testing, lemme know
Senna, level 33 Long Arm (710 HP/180 SP)
Most common kit: Ichigou, Racoon Earcaps, Air Bracer, Snow Panther, Winter Coat, Graceful Book
Spells/Skills: (Critical Hit/Death) Repulse Cage, Ap Corv, Ap Vorv, Rai Rom, Rue Zot, La Repth
Click for full equipment and items
14300 (1/23)

Dien
Exalted Player
Class: Blademaster

Post by Dien » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:09 am

Dien is also relatively useless, because his elemental alignment is exactly in keeping with one of Tritoch's main elements. Takua, we can try a Vulcan Ch and see what happens, but that would be Dien's only real shot at being useful during this fight (considering how after he explodes, he can't use his abilities again for a good while). Granted, I can't say how useful that would be, because it would only be one element and one string of hits at (relatively) low power.

Also, has anyone tried reviving/healing the gate guards, or were they a part of an inanimate security system?
Image|||Level 35 Blademaster (+200 EXP)
Wishlist: EXP, Ends of Earth, Armor with Status Effects

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:49 am

The gate guards flew somewhere into the depths of the city. They're not dead though, Demorian at least knows they're more resilient than that. They handle this kind of shit all the time.

As a note of forewarning, my next post might be late. I'll be moving on Thursday and Friday, mostly Friday, so my posting time and energy will be extremely limited. If I don't get a post up on Friday, I'll try to get one up on Saturday.

Barring unforseen circumstances, though, post day will still be Friday even if I post on Saturday.

Takua
Ikkitousen
Class: Wavemaster

Post by Takua » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:35 am

Lmao

"Awww goddammit, that's the tenth damn time that I've crushed that building under my falling body in the past month."

Anyways, I'm willing to give it a shot but...I don't know, maybe it's my experiences elsewhere, but maybe we don't need to focus so much on hacks? I mean, if we're all giving a coordinated effort, sure the offensive hacks will help, but they're not exactly required for victory. So...eh, don't count yourself out just because you're not in the 40's and don't have a beastly offensive ability I guess. Or maybe that's just newbie naivety XP
Takua - Lvl 57 Wavemaster
Wishlist: Levels, Stun Rod, Hag's Wand, Wand of Truth, Ex-Level, Ex-Spheres, and Myth: Demiurge, FL Fukuoka

Locke
Ikkitousen
Class: Twin Blade

Post by Locke » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:48 pm

Just fyi, I've managed to stick a Dek Raio and get rid of his Rai tolerances, so I say focus foremost on sticking down the tolerance/stat downs (Tak would be best for this, seeing as he has the highest magic stats, we can take up the slack on Deks he doesn't have), and then go from there. Also landed a nasty OrmeAni Kruz, and got impaled with a PhaRue Zot in exchange, so I can assure you that Rue is on his list of ways to kill us. So I think the Vak/Rue/Rai thing about him is sound.

*Is working on the post while trying to make his house as clean as possible*
Character Information
Baron | Level 47 Twin Blade [100/1000 EXP] | 891 HP / 265 SP
Weapon: Fishskin
Armor: Emperor's Crown/Bone Armor/Thunder Gloves/Ninja Anklet
Accessories/Books: Ethereal Angel Wings, Silver Grunty
Skills: Thunder Coil, Gale of Swords
Spells: Merrows, GiRai Don, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot, Rai Don, Ani Don, Duk Lei
GP: 750 (As of 8/2/15)
Wishlist: Nny Scales, Lucky Shoes, Saint Cross, Greave Sticker, Pet EX-Levels/Spheres(!)

Talal
Ikkitousen
Class: Twinblade

Post by Talal » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:23 am

Okay, I managed to hit him with a couple of Gan spells and distract his attention before he crispy crittered me into ghost hood.

Hopefully someone can take advantage of his distraction and reak some havoc on him.

I'll work on getting my post up soon but I'm staying with family this week with limited access to internet. Drop me a PM if you have any questions before my post goes up.
Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Walk beside me that we may be as one.
Talal
Level 39 (0/1000 EXP) Twin Blade

Weapons/Armor: Mukuro (Swirling Dark, Dark Dance), Ice Hunter Cap (Repth), Wristbands (Juk Rom), Fishing Gloves (Rue Kruz), Wyrm Hide (Gan Don), Snow Panther (Ap Vorv)

Wish List: Scrolls, Tarot Cards, and Armor higher than level 30.

Senna
Awakened Player

Post by Senna » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:53 pm

More out of my ignorance of game mechanics than anything else - is there a reason we couldn't or shouldn't perform a coordinated magical strike from everyone at once?
Most common kit: Ichigou, Racoon Earcaps, Air Bracer, Snow Panther, Winter Coat, Graceful Book
Spells/Skills: (Critical Hit/Death) Repulse Cage, Ap Corv, Ap Vorv, Rai Rom, Rue Zot, La Repth
14300 (1/23)

Dien
Exalted Player

Post by Dien » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:12 pm

Absolutely none, save for the fact that it is a very boring way to fight...

On a side note, does anyone have any posts waiting to go up?

Senna
Awakened Player

Post by Senna » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:24 pm

I'm trying to write one. Failing miserably :(
14300 (1/23)

Talal
Ikkitousen
Class: Twinblade

Post by Talal » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:03 pm

I've got mine started but my time at a computer aside from work has been extrememly limited for the last 4 days. I'll be working on it some more tonight after work though.
Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Walk beside me that we may be as one.
Talal
Level 39 (0/1000 EXP) Twin Blade

Weapons/Armor: Mukuro (Swirling Dark, Dark Dance), Ice Hunter Cap (Repth), Wristbands (Juk Rom), Fishing Gloves (Rue Kruz), Wyrm Hide (Gan Don), Snow Panther (Ap Vorv)

Wish List: Scrolls, Tarot Cards, and Armor higher than level 30.

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:35 pm

So... yeah. My post is going to be delayed for a while. I highly doubt I'll get one up tonight, and tomorrow is a beach day so if I get one up it'll be late in the evening. Also, I'll basically not be around to script at all for the next 36-48 hours. You can PM me and I'll check when I can but I don't think I'll be on AIM.

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:53 am

Double posting... because I'm important. =D

Since I was away for several days without being able to script, I don't think I'm going to drop a post on Tuesday and change posting days. Instead, I'm going to keep post day Friday, and do my best to be available for scripting over the next few days.

Hopefully you all have come up with a plan. >_>

Dien
Exalted Player

Post by Dien » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:30 pm

So...I've kinda got a plan here.

There was a room in the recruitment quest I was involved in where we had to fight a boss. However, in order to get this boss to be damageable, we had to knock out a series of crystals along the walls of the room, and when the crystals were knocked out, the boss would attack and one-hit-kill whoever knocked them out. To get around this, Dien and Futune each ran along one of the walls, staggering the shattering of the crystals to bring the boss's agro to us just long enough to get him away for the other guy to shatter the next crystal and bring the agro over to him. In this way, the boss was unable to focus on either of us long enough to kill us until the challenge was complete and it was made vulnerable.

Now I'm not suggesting that we go digging in the sand for glowing crystals to shatter, but I do think we can use a similar strategy to our advantage. From what I've seen, Tritoch only appears capable of hitting one, maybe two targets at a time (Rom, Zot, and summon spells might be a different story). If we spread ourselves out and stagger our big attacks, we'll probably be able to take Tritoch down a little faster.

Also, we need to get rid of that physical tolerance of his.

Locke
Ikkitousen
Class: Twin Blade

Post by Locke » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:48 pm

I'm all for that idea, but don't expect me on removing the Physical tolerance... I have the weapons for it, but not the level. Oh well. :P

Anyway, maybe we should focus on removing all of his elemental tolerances too, so that we can have everyone use their strongest spells. I'm gonna get his Rue Tolerance down if I can, and from there the scatter and blast with spells idea seems like a good thing, since he wasn't retaliating at me while he was going after Canti. After that OrmeAni Kruz that was a different story, but it does seem like he can only focus on one at a time.
Character Information
Baron | Level 47 Twin Blade [100/1000 EXP] | 891 HP / 265 SP
Weapon: Fishskin
Armor: Emperor's Crown/Bone Armor/Thunder Gloves/Ninja Anklet
Accessories/Books: Ethereal Angel Wings, Silver Grunty
Skills: Thunder Coil, Gale of Swords
Spells: Merrows, GiRai Don, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot, Rai Don, Ani Don, Duk Lei
GP: 750 (As of 8/2/15)
Wishlist: Nny Scales, Lucky Shoes, Saint Cross, Greave Sticker, Pet EX-Levels/Spheres(!)