Talk about anything you want here, just keep it clean, thank you!

Moderator: Nighthand

Dien
Exalted Player
Class: Blademaster

The Current Quest Thread

Post by Dien » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:07 am

So this is essentially a place where we can post strategies, co-op ideas, and other such goodies as relate to the current quest at hand, whatever that may be. It will probably also serve us well to recycle it and use it for later quests. Who knows? Might just keep activity up as well...

In the current situation, we have two Elites, two useless folks, and one pinned down OP fistfighter at the end of a long hallway in a domed room with a cage, and we've been invited to join the fun. I was gonna have Dien just charge in, but that would do little more than to show just how much of a freaking disadvantage we have in this case. He could look at everyone else to see what their reactions are, but unless we know what everyone's going to do, that won't really work too well.

Thoughts?
Image|||Level 35 Blademaster (+200 EXP)
Wishlist: EXP, Ends of Earth, Armor with Status Effects

Raquar
Ikkitousen

Re: The Current Quest Thread

Post by Raquar » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:02 am

I was gonna ask Canti to borrow the gun and then go trigger happy.
Level 28 Long Arm
Archspear, Newt Necklace, Smith's Gloves, Wyrm Scale, Kuja's Thong Dress
EXP: [700/1000]

WISHLIST
Levels
Weapons: - All
Armor: Head - Scarab Earring
Body - Nothing until Mid 30's. Ninja Garb Hand - Nothing until Mid 30's. Leg - Nothing until Mid 30's.
Items: Cooked Biles, Darkness Scrolls (Any and All)

Dien
Exalted Player

Post by Dien » Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:08 pm

...yeah, only problem with that is the fact that they'd probably throw Nall in the way and use that to get his time talisman thing. The only way I can picture it working would be if we charged it like the Spartan Laser in Halo 3 - point it at a rock to charge it, and then in the instant before it fires, turn it to face the opponent and lock on, zapping them before they know they have any laser-fire coming at them.

At the same time, there is no way we can beat these guys one on one. As I asked nights after we scripted:

Jpec2: we're not supposed to win this fight, are we?
EgyptianPingPong: sheena's injured, nall's broken, and there are two elites =P if you can pull it off, more power to you

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:12 pm

Hey now. I didn't say there was no way to beat them. I just said that I'm not fixing the outcome one way or the other.

Well, okay, so I am, but not the way you think!

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:30 am

My best hope is Lovers helps to get Klive to get even one attack on Royce. I'm sure it won't work...but I have no idea what else to do. Standard spells and attacks aren't the way to do things.

How long do you think it'd take for Raine to allow us to be able to teleport out?
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP
Bell, the Silver Grunty of Thunder
Skills/Spells-Shocking Arrow of Voltage(30), Arrow of the Burning Stars(10), MeRai Rom(40), Rai Kruz(10), La Repth(20), Rip Maen(40), MeRai Kruz(20), GiVak Kruz(20), MeRai Don(20), Rig Saem(15)
Weapon/Armor/Book-Golden Royal Bow/Thunder Torque, Thunder Cloak, Able Ring, Ivory Greaves/Thunder Magic
Wishlist: YL Fukuoka, Stormlore, Winter Stone, Silver Grunty

Raquar
Ikkitousen

Post by Raquar » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:46 am

I'm not entirely sure Raine is teleporting us out. I think with Rayo's distraction, I actually might have enough time to get a decent shot off. I still maintain that's our best bet. Perhaps we might even be able to take one completely out of commission. And that would be worth it.
Level 28 Long Arm
Archspear, Newt Necklace, Smith's Gloves, Wyrm Scale, Kuja's Thong Dress
EXP: [700/1000]

WISHLIST
Levels
Weapons: - All
Armor: Head - Scarab Earring
Body - Nothing until Mid 30's. Ninja Garb Hand - Nothing until Mid 30's. Leg - Nothing until Mid 30's.
Items: Cooked Biles, Darkness Scrolls (Any and All)

Dien
Exalted Player

Post by Dien » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:21 am

Yes, for now our best bet is fighting them with intents to kill: that's the only way I think we can actually manage to fend them off long enough for any kind of escape. If we hit one with the gun, I imagine that it'll separate them from any non-Twilight items they may have held. The only problem with that is that I don't think we can get the Twilight items in any kind of usable form (I have my reasons for thinking this way, I'll explain over IM). A full-power blast will also rend the Elite we hit helpless, making one-on-mob combat more plausible.

We should also focus on getting Nall and Sheena to their feet as well. Even facing only one Elite, I don't give our group much of a chance without these two...

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:20 am

I was wondering for a minute if we were actually going to win... silly me. Oh well, we hit them a bit harder than I expected. I'm just curious if we're going to end up captive or something wierd for a little bit. <.< Wouldn't it be pretty horrible for the newcomers if we all just had died there?
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP
Skills/Spells-Shocking Arrow of Voltage(30), Arrow of the Burning Stars(10), MeRai Rom(40), Rai Kruz(10), La Repth(20), Rip Maen(40), MeRai Kruz(20), GiVak Kruz(20), MeRai Don(20), Rig Saem(15)
Weapon/Armor/Book-Golden Royal Bow/Thunder Torque, Thunder Cloak, Able Ring, Ivory Greaves/Thunder Magic

Dien
Exalted Player

Post by Dien » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:50 am

Yeah, that would've been pretty bad.

It would appear that a mob chat is the best way to go for getting through this round of posting. We could throw some awkward situations into the mix with people across the hall from one another, but I think it'd be more efficient for us to just do IC chat stuff. So, what time is everyone free to do this? I really can't get anything in until Wednesday evening, though from there I'm free most evenings until Monday...

Locke
Ikkitousen
Class: Twin Blade

Post by Locke » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:53 am

Any time after 6PM EST, I'm free and open to chat, feel free to bother me unless there's a blatant "Away" message on AIM.

'Til then, folks.
Character Information
Baron | Level 47 Twin Blade [100/1000 EXP] | 891 HP / 265 SP
Weapon: Fishskin
Armor: Emperor's Crown/Bone Armor/Thunder Gloves/Ninja Anklet
Accessories/Books: Ethereal Angel Wings, Silver Grunty
Skills: Thunder Coil, Gale of Swords
Spells: Merrows, GiRai Don, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot, Rai Don, Ani Don, Duk Lei
GP: 750 (As of 8/2/15)
Wishlist: Nny Scales, Lucky Shoes, Saint Cross, Greave Sticker, Pet EX-Levels/Spheres(!)

Takua
Ikkitousen
Class: Wavemaster

Post by Takua » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:54 am

During the weekends, I'm currently available all day long after...say, 2 PM EST and up to 6 AM EST. My school schedule is beyond fucked up, but Tuesdays I'm free after 7:30 EST. Any other day, I'm home after 1 AM EST.
Takua - Lvl 57 Wavemaster
Wishlist: Levels, Stun Rod, Hag's Wand, Wand of Truth, Ex-Level, Ex-Spheres, and Myth: Demiurge, FL Fukuoka

Senna
Awakened Player

Post by Senna » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:26 pm

Holy crap, I kept checking in the wrong part of the board and didn't realize it was up. O.o

Let me know when and I'll try to be on - I work 7 a.m.-2 Sundays, 8-5 Monday, 7-4 Tuesday and Thursday and 7 a.m.-9 p.m. Wednesday (so yeah, not gonna be around except checking at work) and due to an irksome person don't lot into IM unless I have to.
Senna, level 33 Long Arm (710 HP/180 SP)
Most common kit: Ichigou, Racoon Earcaps, Air Bracer, Snow Panther, Winter Coat, Graceful Book
Spells/Skills: (Critical Hit/Death) Repulse Cage, Ap Corv, Ap Vorv, Rai Rom, Rue Zot, La Repth
Click for full equipment and items
14300 (1/23)

Sekai
Ikkitousen
Class: Archer

Post by Sekai » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:28 pm

Anyone have a LOT of burning oil and willing to risk getting set on fire after trying to squeeze out/make the hole bigger?

I'm really only half-kidding.

I'm... sporadic when I'm on. Generally anywhere from 1am-9am EST is the best time to get a hold of me, unless it's the weekend, then it's whenever I'm on. As in; if there's an away up, it means she's not there. Hit me up if you need anything.

Name: Sekai
Level: 54
EXP: 0000/1000
Class: Archer
Clan: Army of Darkness
HP: 835
SP: 347

Currently Equipped:

Einherjar: Kira, December, Zorya

Head: Bat Earrings (Ola Repth 40, Rip Maen 40)
Body: Saint Cross (Rue Zot 10, RaJuk Zot 30)
Arm: Protect Ring (Ap Vorma 15, MeJuk Kruz 20)
Leg: Ninja Anklet (BiVak Rom 20, GiGan Zot 30)
Add-Ons: Forestlore, Wood Magic (permanently raised Wood Offense/Defense by +3 total)

Wishlist: Levels, Summon: Wood, Archer Weapons, Light Armor

Talal
Ikkitousen
Class: Twinblade

Post by Talal » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:43 pm

I only have one Burning Oil left and don't relish the idea of being set on fire...again. >.>

As far as availability, I am also sporadic but mostly available in the evenings during the week and off and on during the weekends. It goes with actually having somewhat of a decent 8 - 5 work schedule M-F PST.
Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Walk beside me that we may be as one.
Talal
Level 39 (0/1000 EXP) Twin Blade

Weapons/Armor: Mukuro (Swirling Dark, Dark Dance), Ice Hunter Cap (Repth), Wristbands (Juk Rom), Fishing Gloves (Rue Kruz), Wyrm Hide (Gan Don), Snow Panther (Ap Vorv)

Wish List: Scrolls, Tarot Cards, and Armor higher than level 30.

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:20 pm

I'd be all for such ideas... except we don't have access to our items.
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP