Talk about anything you want here, just keep it clean, thank you!

Moderator: Nighthand

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Re: The Current Quest Thread

Post by Nighthand » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:26 pm

I've been slightly distracted myself. I got accepted to write for BrightHub so I've been doing that.

But, you can help me by reading my articles! Except those of you who I've already spammed with links. Digg them, add them to stumble, get me pageviews, it's all things I need to make an income this way.

http://www.brighthub.com/video-games/co ... 63049.aspx

and

http://www.brighthub.com/video-games/co ... 63167.aspx

With three more to come eventually.

All that said, I'll be working on a demorian-themed post relatively soon (as well as one for the EC) and hope you'll all have posts up.

Also what's the status on that sidequest, Dien/Sekai/Tak?

Dien
Exalted Player
Class: Blademaster

Post by Dien » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:16 pm

Oh right, there was a sidequest.

I, for one, have been promptly procrastinating it, due largely to the fact that I want to rewrite the sacrifice of Dien's powers (muse is complaining that he seemed entirely too disinterested/disoriented when we first scripted it, and has no idea why he would be so willing to part ways with his fieriness). There's also the fact that my flash drive went and corrupted itself over break, so I lost all of the scripting we'd generated for such a thing as that. I have yet to sit down and sort through the files that still exist on the drive and the backup I've got on my hard disk...
Image|||Level 35 Blademaster (+200 EXP)
Wishlist: EXP, Ends of Earth, Armor with Status Effects

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:03 pm

Okay so, in an week it'll have been a month since My post went up with nothing added to the thread. For everyone except Dien and Canti, while you certainly HAVE things to post about, I get that this is all pretty them-centric and not much for you guys to actively do to further the plot.

Dien, Canti? What's up? Actually, has anyone SEEN Canti in a while?

Lord Canti
Exalted Player

Post by Lord Canti » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:34 pm

The answer to that is yes. I've seen me.

I'm not absent, but waiting. It's too soon for me to take a turn and I have no idea what all the others are doing. Dien got in touch with me and I suggested he go before me at least, but that was the last I heard.
I'll have a doozy of a sig later, I swear. It'll reflect ".hack//CODE" an' everything.

Hey look! A profile! It's got items and stats and things! Cool! If it isn't fully up to date, it will be, so don't worry 'bout it.

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:21 pm

Alright well, it's pretty plain right now that Dien isn't posting. Playing plenty of Halo, according to my xbox live friends list, but not posting.

If there aren't some posts up by this time next week (Next Wednesday, the 17th) I'm going to take some steps. Your two fights will be moved to a sub-thread and the main quest will continue on without this distraction.

That is, if anyone on this board is still even interested in it any more.

Dien
Exalted Player

Post by Dien » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:37 pm

...yeah, I'll get to that this evening. Fortunately I brought the scripting home with me for Spring Break, and I actually have a full keyboard to type on. Canti and I had actually discussed the current scenario: I had assumed that since he scripted first, he would post first; but he wanted either me or someone else who hasn't posted in a bit to post, so I thought it prudent to give someone else a chance to post first. It would appear that enough of a chance has been given, so I'll get that post up tonight.

Talal
Ikkitousen
Class: Twinblade

Post by Talal » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:39 pm

I'm still here. IRL just extremely busy. I'd like to stay in and will try to have a post up soon, but on the flip side, don't wait for me either. I don't want to hold you guys up and at this point can't guarantee anything. I'm not online much as far as IM's go but if anyone needs me, shoot me a PM.

Canti: Haven't forgotten. I'll get you a PM soon. Hopefully today on my lunch break at work.
Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Walk beside me that we may be as one.
Talal
Level 39 (0/1000 EXP) Twin Blade

Weapons/Armor: Mukuro (Swirling Dark, Dark Dance), Ice Hunter Cap (Repth), Wristbands (Juk Rom), Fishing Gloves (Rue Kruz), Wyrm Hide (Gan Don), Snow Panther (Ap Vorv)

Wish List: Scrolls, Tarot Cards, and Armor higher than level 30.

Sekai
Ikkitousen
Class: Archer

Post by Sekai » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:36 am

Here on kind of a slow-atus not really helped by my laptop deciding it's going to freak on me and suddenly not want to pick up wireless signals anymore. This leaves me with a very small window of time in the afternoons before my dear father gets home and takes 5 hours or more to get a single paper written for his college classes (1-4 pages, sometimes as high as 5. I don't understand why it takes him an hour per page. I could to it in much less time but...) and in the late evenings after everyone goes the hell to bed.

Bright side? I've got a full time job starting as soon as Monday and as late as the Monday after that; this means after two weeks? I get paid; first check goes to a new laptop and, if I get a sweet enough deal on that? A new wireless router on top of it. Stable interwebs at long last! So, when I can? I will post until I has stable net again.

Reading the new posts now that I see Dien and Canti got their stuff up; we'll see if I can toss something amusing to add. Worse comes to worse, I'll babble and character develop some more.

Name: Sekai
Level: 54
EXP: 0000/1000
Class: Archer
Clan: Army of Darkness
HP: 835
SP: 347

Currently Equipped:

Einherjar: Kira, December, Zorya

Head: Bat Earrings (Ola Repth 40, Rip Maen 40)
Body: Saint Cross (Rue Zot 10, RaJuk Zot 30)
Arm: Protect Ring (Ap Vorma 15, MeJuk Kruz 20)
Leg: Ninja Anklet (BiVak Rom 20, GiGan Zot 30)
Add-Ons: Forestlore, Wood Magic (permanently raised Wood Offense/Defense by +3 total)

Wishlist: Levels, Summon: Wood, Archer Weapons, Light Armor

Raquar
Ikkitousen

Post by Raquar » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:04 am

I know its been quite a while but for the moment I'm back. Last quarter I took a bit more than I could handle and I had no idea what to do with myself. This quarter should be a bit easier so if possible, and okay with everybody I'll try to get back into the swing of things.
Level 28 Long Arm
Archspear, Newt Necklace, Smith's Gloves, Wyrm Scale, Kuja's Thong Dress
EXP: [700/1000]

WISHLIST
Levels
Weapons: - All
Armor: Head - Scarab Earring
Body - Nothing until Mid 30's. Ninja Garb Hand - Nothing until Mid 30's. Leg - Nothing until Mid 30's.
Items: Cooked Biles, Darkness Scrolls (Any and All)

Takua
Ikkitousen
Class: Wavemaster

Post by Takua » Mon May 17, 2010 6:56 pm

I would highly suggest just skipping me this round. I can't seem to get a post together, and with the quarter winding down everything is heating up project and finals wise. I'll try and get one up when I can, but that might be a while.
Takua - Lvl 57 Wavemaster
Wishlist: Levels, Stun Rod, Hag's Wand, Wand of Truth, Ex-Level, Ex-Spheres, and Myth: Demiurge, FL Fukuoka

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Wed May 26, 2010 11:21 pm

I'll be working up a post some time between now and this weekend. Actually two posts, since I'll be ending the thread and starting a new one.

I think things are beginning to wind down. By that, I mean Main-wise. While I wouldn't be surprised if we have another year's worth of threads or so, we're getting closer to the end that I had thought. That being said, homework for you all:

Bring up loose ends here you want tied up. I don't mean with your personal plots or recruitment things from EC or any of that; I mean stuff from your time in Main. Ask the unanswered questions. Let me know things that need to be addressed that I may have forgotten, or just haven't thought of.

I'll also be using this post as a sort of role call, to see how many of you are still around and kicking.

Dien
Exalted Player

Post by Dien » Thu May 27, 2010 2:56 am

Do you think we'll have a second plot to play, if we can get enough interest? What do you think will happen to the site once main is done with?

As far as things to tie up:
  • Histories of Nall, Raine, Sheena, et. al.
  • What happened to the other admins?
  • What happens to the "slaves" of the Elites?
  • Just what the f*** is Twilight?
  • Will there be cameos from now absent main characters (e.g. Gingi, Phoe, Zan, etc.)?
I'll add more as I think of them.

I'm guessing you're doing this so that your fans won't be as disappointed with the ending of the mainplot as Lost's fans were at its ending? :p

EDIT: LOLsidequest....<_<;;

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Thu May 27, 2010 3:37 am

If there's a second plot, I haven't thought of it yet. I have no idea. On the other hand, given the historic rate Main progresses, we still could have a good two years of content. So there's plenty of time for things to change.

It's possible I might bring together a few of my other ideas and make an original universe RP, and repurpose Main's board for it. Or not. There's a lot of possibility and virtually nothing fixed.

I'll be keeping the domain and hosting indefinitely, at least, and I have no storage concerns that would give me reason to delete the board. If I were to start an unrelated RP, it'd be a new board and new subdomain. If I do Mainplot2.0, it's likely still be in this board.

Cameos from old characters I doubt I'll do. I may, however, invite a bunch of them back for a finale. Chances are that everything has changed so much for most of them that they're not interested, though.

Nall, Raine, Sheena, and the Elites all have their histories to be revealed, and that'll happen. Same with the admins. The slaves will be dealt with, and you'll definitely all find out what Twilight is. =D That's such a great reveal it's fun just thinking about.

Raquar
Ikkitousen

Post by Raquar » Thu May 27, 2010 7:37 am

I'm excited for all of that stuff, and sad that it means that our time is drawing to a close. Its unfortunate. I think you're probably going to cover all of the most questions people have, but I imagine new questions might crop up later.
Level 28 Long Arm
Archspear, Newt Necklace, Smith's Gloves, Wyrm Scale, Kuja's Thong Dress
EXP: [700/1000]

WISHLIST
Levels
Weapons: - All
Armor: Head - Scarab Earring
Body - Nothing until Mid 30's. Ninja Garb Hand - Nothing until Mid 30's. Leg - Nothing until Mid 30's.
Items: Cooked Biles, Darkness Scrolls (Any and All)

Takua
Ikkitousen
Class: Wavemaster

Post by Takua » Thu May 27, 2010 10:11 pm

How will the majority of us fight against the Elites? Since most of our Twilight powers are low, and nowhere near the upper ends of whatever we've submitted, and none of our levels are over 50, it seems like it'd be rather hard to fight against the Elites. Are we doing a time-skip of some sort, or is there another method by which we power up enough, or power them down enough, to fight against them? Doing it right now kinda seems like suicide.

I assume that, by the end of Main, everyone is forced out of their Comas? Or is there a mechanism where they would stay in The World, either by their own will or not? Could they come out later?
Takua - Lvl 57 Wavemaster
Wishlist: Levels, Stun Rod, Hag's Wand, Wand of Truth, Ex-Level, Ex-Spheres, and Myth: Demiurge, FL Fukuoka