Talk about anything you want here, just keep it clean, thank you!

Moderator: Nighthand

Raye
Elevated Player

I can't believe you guys still post here.

Post by Raye » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:47 am

Seriously, you guys, seriously. I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS IS STILL AROUND.
It feels like my friend made this RP when were like in grade nine ten or something and we're both out of university now.
Also, you've never changed the layout? Is this some sort of bizarro world?

If freedom is being alone, I fear liberation.

Lord Canti
Exalted Player

Re: I can't believe you guys still post here.

Post by Lord Canti » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:28 am

Okay, I saw the post first! Dibs! Dibs! :mrgreen:

To my knowledge, there's no reason why it can't. We who like fun of this venue, writing as we do, do enjoy gathering with other likeminded people for the express purpose of personal entertainment. The gathering of resources, the feast of fools, the company of the crazed - call it what you will. One cannot criticize an unchanged thing that works. Maybe if there was something better or more efficient, but only if said thing is necessary (which would not be the case here). This is not a stagnant pool of mosquitoes, but one of those community pools with chlorine and lifeguards that they open for the summer. Even if the pool is there, year after year, it still serves its purpose. Even if there are more and better pools, it's still a pool in the summer!

Some come and some go, and some even return. It's not wrong for this place to continue. I've definitely had a good time hamming it up in here with equal parts jokes, style, and serious business of a decidedly dark nature. A good roleplay is hard to find sometimes. I could name you some places that've gone strong for a long time and still do. I could also name you a bunch of sites that were good, but never got the chance to grow into something fantastic. If a place like this lasts so long, that may seem shocking but...it's not a bad thing. I keep in practice with places like this. It challenges me.

And as for the decor, well don't worry about it. Nobody's complained about it, so it must be alright. Also, hi.
I'll have a doozy of a sig later, I swear. It'll reflect ".hack//CODE" an' everything.

Hey look! A profile! It's got items and stats and things! Cool! If it isn't fully up to date, it will be, so don't worry 'bout it.

Dien
Exalted Player
Class: Blademaster

Post by Dien » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:45 pm

To be fair, Canti, I don't think you can really call this site "active." Currently we're getting maybe one round done per month? It's slow, but the writing's gotten a lot better since way back when. But I'm afraid that you're mistaken concerning the layout. While the skin does sport the same color-scheme, we're actually on phpBB 3 (I believe the old board was phpBB 2?).

...you want back in, Raye? I'm sure Nights'd be able to work something out with you, if you wanted. Come on! It'll be fun!
Image|||Level 35 Blademaster (+200 EXP)
Wishlist: EXP, Ends of Earth, Armor with Status Effects

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:21 pm

oh god what is this i don't even

Sometimes it amazes me that some people even FIND this place. It's easy to forget that we're on a completely different PHPBB system, on a different URL, with no advertising, and virtually no backlinks on other sites. Really subs is about the only way to get in. Huh.

So yeah, we totally still post here. More, soon, when I finish writing up this post set for the new thread. Jeeze writing by hand is harder than it used to be.

Dien
Exalted Player
Class: Blademaster

Post by Dien » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:50 pm

Nighthand wrote:Sometimes it amazes me that some people even FIND this place. It's easy to forget that we're on a completely different PHPBB system, on a different URL, with no advertising, and virtually no backlinks on other sites. Really subs is about the only way to get in. Huh.
Link.
Image|||Level 35 Blademaster (+200 EXP)
Wishlist: EXP, Ends of Earth, Armor with Status Effects

Lord Canti
Exalted Player

Post by Lord Canti » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:09 am

Yeah, seriously. I've googled this place. :mrgreen:
I'll have a doozy of a sig later, I swear. It'll reflect ".hack//CODE" an' everything.

Hey look! A profile! It's got items and stats and things! Cool! If it isn't fully up to date, it will be, so don't worry 'bout it.

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:55 pm

Sure, if you know the word Divergence is associated with it. I've talked to a few oldbie members who could only remember "that one hack site" or something.

Anyways.