Talk about anything you want here, just keep it clean, thank you!

Moderator: Nighthand

Jedite

What anime got you started in watching/playing anime???

Post by Jedite » Tue Apr 08, 2003 7:53 am

Wee a pole started by me, and I wanted to ask a little bit less asked question besides stuff like what's your favorite anime or rpg... Hope to get some responses!!!

It depends on what you want to call anime for me, cuz it was kind of started by transformers back in the day, but what truly made me fall in love with anime was Trigun... It actually made me watch Akira again (and that was probably the worst introduction to anime if you want to like it lol... it almost scared me away from it).

So mine is Trigun!!!

Gotta love VASH

Kayin
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Kayin » Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:02 am

My interest was thanks to scifi channel, "saturday anime" My first anime was Vamppire hunter D. And Akira rockz! So does Rurouni Kenshin and Trigun.
Level :24
Equip: Absorbtion, Raccoon Earcap, Wyrm Scale, Miner's Gloves, Mountain Boots
Skills: Groundbreaker, Dek Corv, Life Drain, La Repth, Rue Kruz, Gan Don, Ap Corv

"Give me one.... Wait! Screw one, Give me twenty good reasons!"

Jedite

Post by Jedite » Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:09 am

I love Akira now... Just at the time it was too much for my brain to comprehend... I was just like what the... I didn't understand it at all and it made me think all anime was incomprehensible... Although some of it is lol.

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:28 pm

the first thing i say was akira, and i kinda liked it then. then i saw dbz, and it got me hooked on any kind of anime or manga i can find. to bad i can hardly find anything...

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:12 pm

Oh pif, the first thing I remember seeing was Sailor Moon, heh, it was on every morning at like 6 am on Fox, and I would get up and watch it, then I'd like fall asleep at school.
But it was worth it, lol :D

shane

Post by shane » Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:24 pm

I used to reach archie comics and watch a lot of disney films when I was younger but later stopped reaching American based comics as I personally felt that their storylines were always more or less the same and the way that the comics were drawn were really outdated compared to the Japanese....I still hold this opinion up to this day.

Anyway, it looks like the gaming world may feature even more anime based characters and works. In addition, I do think that akira is not the kind of anime that you want to use to introduce others to anime, I think it would scare them senseless...........

Asgard
Exalted Player

Post by Asgard » Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:48 pm

My first anime of the all was the original Dragonball. Gundam Wing came after :P
This is my non-banner profile. Read at own discretion!
Wishlist (Bolded sections denotate priority, in descending order)
In General: LEVELS
Pet-Related: EX-Levels, [Lv. 2]Overdrive Sphere, [Lv. 2]Ressurect
Armor: Dice Gloves (20 RARE), Golden Turban (42), Saint Cross (41), Protect Ring (41)
Weapons: Master Nunchaku (40 RARE), Three-Section Staff (37),
Items: (None)

Kurai
Long Arm

Post by Kurai » Tue Apr 08, 2003 3:16 pm

I was a speed racer fan.

from then, i watched Cartoon Network's Dragonball Z along with renting whatever limited videos at the store. (Akira, Ghost in the Shell, and other random ones..)

and from there, my interests skyrocketed. It went out every which way, absorbing whatever anime i could get my hands on.
-/Treeweaver//Hunting Guard//Spirit Hauberk//Cave bear Hood//Time Sandals/-
-/Juk Doom//RaJuk Rom//MeJuk Kruz//RaJuk Zot//Dek Juka//Phal Repth//Rip Synk//Ap Do/-

Kayin
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Kayin » Tue Apr 08, 2003 3:20 pm

Just out of curiousity has anyone been crazy enough to just on a whim order $1000 dollars of anime in a single night? I was crazy enough to do it. Now whether it was a good idea or not is a different story... Muwhahaha I love my anime! :twisted:
Skills: Groundbreaker, Dek Corv, Life Drain, La Repth, Rue Kruz, Gan Don, Ap Corv

shane

Post by shane » Tue Apr 08, 2003 3:24 pm

What did you buy? manga, anime boxsets, games?

Kayin
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Kayin » Tue Apr 08, 2003 3:29 pm

Just anime (Akira, Dual Parrel World, heroic legend of arislan, orphen, the rest of Rurouni Kenshin, and some others.)

shane

Post by shane » Tue Apr 08, 2003 3:51 pm

That's a lot of anime..........I don't even have half of that!

Armina
Exalted Player

Post by Armina » Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:02 pm

The first anime I ever watched knowing it was anime was Akira, in Japanese with subtitles. Then the same friend that showed me Akira started me on Robotech & I was all "hey! I saw this when I was a little kid!" *laughs* It had been on Saturday mornings in the early 80s, all dubbed to English. I had watched anime & never even known it!
Last edited by Armina on Tue Apr 08, 2003 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jedite

Post by Jedite » Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:05 pm

Then the same friend that showed me Akira started me on [/i]Robotech[/i] & I was all "hey! I saw this when I was a little kid!" *laughs* It had been on Saturday mornings in the early 80s, all dubbed to English. I had watched anime & never even known it!
Yeah I watched Robotech, Transfromers, GI Joes all those shows when I was young

Myk
Axe Master

Post by Myk » Tue Apr 08, 2003 9:08 pm

i guess speed racer...heh heh
Skills: Axel Pain / Vak Kruz / Ap Ganz
Items: 1 sprite ocarnia / 10 fortune wire / 1 antidote / 700gp
Equipment: Battle Axe / Leather Armor / Head Gear / Rusted Hands / Used Greaves