Talk about anything you want here, just keep it clean, thank you!

Moderator: Nighthand

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Data Drain

Post by Nighthand » Mon Jun 16, 2003 10:46 pm

everyone who has played infection knows what data drain is.

and we all have seen the warning at the beginning, about data draining too much.

here's my question: have any of you, for any reason, data drained too many things in a row and got a game over?

everyone i have talked to has stopped at the 'warning' signal. i know i did.

but now i'm tempted. is it worth it to drain enough things just to see the scene?

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Mon Jun 16, 2003 11:07 pm

I'm assuming you have to reach 100%. It changes color at certain points. Each datadrain may do about 1% for arguements sake. But, defeating undatadrained monsters lower you percentage. I've never gotten too high on that. I'm a cautious player. only once did my datadrain screen ever go up 1 color and it was reduced quickly.
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP
Bell, the Silver Grunty of Thunder
Skills/Spells-Shocking Arrow of Voltage(30), Arrow of the Burning Stars(10), MeRai Rom(40), Rai Kruz(10), La Repth(20), Rip Maen(40), MeRai Kruz(20), GiVak Kruz(20), MeRai Don(20), Rig Saem(15)
Weapon/Armor/Book-Golden Royal Bow/Thunder Torque, Thunder Cloak, Able Ring, Ivory Greaves/Thunder Magic
Wishlist: YL Fukuoka, Stormlore, Winter Stone, Silver Grunty

Kayin
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Kayin » Mon Jun 16, 2003 11:25 pm

Yeah you have to reach 100%, and then its a 1/16 chance of getting the system error. I haven't seen it, I usually data drained each monster I saw till till I got something from that type and then stopped data draining that type of monster. I've seen the warning many a time, but I never got curious enough to try for a game over.
Level :24
Equip: Absorbtion, Raccoon Earcap, Wyrm Scale, Miner's Gloves, Mountain Boots
Skills: Groundbreaker, Dek Corv, Life Drain, La Repth, Rue Kruz, Gan Don, Ap Corv

"Give me one.... Wait! Screw one, Give me twenty good reasons!"

Vera
Exalted Player

Post by Vera » Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:33 am

Nope, I got it to yellow, and stopped, I was to worried about a game over, but now that I beat everything, maybe I'll try it
Weapon: Shadow Guns
Armor: GunnerHeadband|Gunner Cloak|Dark Gunner Gloves|Shadow Anklet
Skills:Rapid Shot|Ani Eater|Ap Torv|La Repth|Ani Kruz
Money:8608
Items:Many
Power: Night Vision and Blindness Immune
Wishlist: More Ultra Light Gunner Equipment

Golden Orb is Currently: faint blue glow

Tisuma

Post by Tisuma » Fri Jun 20, 2003 2:20 am

Nope, I only got to green, but if you like to know I got some time and I could probably try it out. :o It might be fun watching me blackout. :lol:

ramza
Exalted Player

Post by ramza » Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:43 pm

i never seen it, it might be omething just to make the game harder so noone would cheat. but sometimes the data glitch thing helps, like when u get all hp and status defects restored
Rod of Darkness(Custom)
Night Cloak(Custom)
Dark Vest(Custom)
Red Beret(Custom)
OrmeAni Kruz, ani rom, meani zot, ani kruz
ola repth, rip maen
Ap anid
Dek anid
Level 28
700gp

Chaos-Magi

I've tried it!

Post by Chaos-Magi » Sat Jun 21, 2003 12:36 am

I've tried it once, but I didn't get a game over. It was on DANGEROUS mode, so I wasn't really paying attention. I used it and it was the same effect that happens to you when Skeith data-drains you. I haven't gotten a game over from data-draining too much..yet.