Talk about anything you want here, just keep it clean, thank you!

Moderator: Nighthand

PowerPets or NeoPets?

PowerPets is better than NeoPets!
15%
NeoPets still rocks the online virtual pet circuit.
8%
They both have their pros & cons.
31%
No opinion/don't care.
31%
All virtual pets are stupid. :P
15%

Total votes: 13

Armina
Exalted Player

PowerPets

Post by Armina » Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:29 pm

okies... Nighthand started one about Kings Of Chaos -which I kinda like by the way! My brother was playing it for a while!- so I decided it would be okay if I mentioned my new favorite place to play online! Besides here of course!

I know that if Gingi doesn't like me doing this she can just make the thread go away to where-ever deleted threads go (is there a deleted thread heaven? hmmm...) so no harm, no foul, right?

Anyway it's called PowerPets & if you use any of the links I'm making on this post you'll go directly to my referal page. *grins* If you sign up directly from that page (not changing pages & going to another log-in/sign-up screen) then you'll get free PowerBucks... which is the money system for PowerPets.

Of course I get something too for refering you, but I'll try & help you out there too!

If you like NeoPets, PowerPets is a lot cooler & tries to be a lot more realistic. For instance, toys don't automatically get "used up" after only one use. The main store does sell out relatively quick, but it's not impossible to get items. The best way to learn how to do things there is to check out the Site Assistant & read the FAQ first thing after you've created an account! It answers a lot of questions you might have.

For the first pet you adopt PowerPets gives you PowerBucks. If you want to adopt more pets it will cost you PB each time. They don't allow you to get a second pet from the pound until you've been registered for a month anyway, so you have some time to learn how PowerPets works.

You can do the usual stuff there: feed & play with your pet, get it armor, make it stronger, have it fight in the arena, do quests, open shops, buy & sell items, trade items in swaps, chat, read books, & even write & submit your own stories. I've been doing a lot of the quests, so if you get stumped with any of them, just PowerMail me or catch me on an IM! I'll be glad to help anyone out who wants to play!

If you start a PowerPets account, make sure you go to the Northern Woods & Padam's Shack in North New Barkston for free stuff. It takes 3 hours til you can go again, but it's free stuff so who cares? At least they give you something for free like that.

You can always send me a PowerMail in game too. My user name there is Trelweny. *grins* I'd like to think I've pretty well figured out most of the things on the site. I'll tell you what Slimes & Strips of Leather are for, or anything else that I know has a purpose.

Thanks a bundles! Hope to see you on PowerPets sometime!

oh yeah... you're pet only gets hungry & looses happiness when you're on PowerPets, so you don't have to worry about how your pet is doing if you can't get online for a while or you have other real world obligations. *grins* I know that's a problem with other virtual pets.

The creators of PowerPets did so because they thought it would be a good idea for people to have pets to take care of that might save real animals from being abused, neglected, and abandoned. I highly suggest you read the tales listed under the SiteMap & SiteAssistant. If you feel as I do, they'll be sure to bring tears to your eyes.
Level 33
Skills: JukRepulse (WoodL2), RaiWipe (ThunderL2), RueKruz(1:S:Water), DekGanz (dec. Earth), RaiRom (1:Thunder), Repth, RipTeyn
Specials: LifeDrain
Items: 4Antidote, 2Restorative, 23Health Drink, 10Mage'sSoul, 5Ressurect

Armina
Exalted Player

Post by Armina » Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:55 pm

awww... no one even voted! *pouts* ...I feel so unloved...

*laughs* fine, fine... be that way!
Level 33
Skills: JukRepulse (WoodL2), RaiWipe (ThunderL2), RueKruz(1:S:Water), DekGanz (dec. Earth), RaiRom (1:Thunder), Repth, RipTeyn

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Fri Jun 20, 2003 1:14 am

I voted and apparantly so did someone else. You're giving us guilt trips now? I don't care about either so my vote shows that. I'm not really into that stuff.
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP
Bell, the Silver Grunty of Thunder
Skills/Spells-Shocking Arrow of Voltage(30), Arrow of the Burning Stars(10), MeRai Rom(40), Rai Kruz(10), La Repth(20), Rip Maen(40), MeRai Kruz(20), GiVak Kruz(20), MeRai Don(20), Rig Saem(15)
Weapon/Armor/Book-Golden Royal Bow/Thunder Torque, Thunder Cloak, Able Ring, Ivory Greaves/Thunder Magic
Wishlist: YL Fukuoka, Stormlore, Winter Stone, Silver Grunty

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:17 pm

Hmm, I dunno, I think I like Neopets more ^_^ it's just more aesthetically pleasing, lol! Plus I've been playing that thing forever ;_; must... level... up... pets.

Armina
Exalted Player

Post by Armina » Fri Jun 20, 2003 11:30 pm

teehee! At the time I complained, Rayo, mine was the only vote!

*grins* now there's more! *cheers* booyaka!

I started NeoPets not long before I found DIVERGENCE... so I guess it was lots harder for me to get into it. *grimaces* my pet there is probably dead now... it kept getting so hungry & I could never find it food! *pouts* But I definately agree, Gingi: NeoPets is more appealing to they eye.

Rayo, it's quite peachy that you don't care! We've all got things we like & stuff! that's why that option is up there!

'Nuff Said! I gotta pack to got to West Virginia & a Wedding now ya'll! Laters!
Level 33

Vera
Exalted Player

Post by Vera » Sun Jun 22, 2003 8:53 am

Its a toughie..both are good..^_^
Weapon: Shadow Guns
Armor: GunnerHeadband|Gunner Cloak|Dark Gunner Gloves|Shadow Anklet
Skills:Rapid Shot|Ani Eater|Ap Torv|La Repth|Ani Kruz
Money:8608
Items:Many
Power: Night Vision and Blindness Immune
Wishlist: More Ultra Light Gunner Equipment

Golden Orb is Currently: faint blue glow

Armina
Exalted Player

Post by Armina » Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:48 am

I am such a silly creature.........

I went to check on my NeoPets... & I got hooked. *sighs* Gingi, I have to agree that Neo's graaphics are better... but I get so lost there! My poor finger hurts from trying to play those games they have on my laptop mouse... *sucks on her finger in between typing* Thank heavens for the Soup Kitchen or I'd have starving pets!

If anyone here is on either NeoPets or PowerPets look me up I'm "Trelweny" on PP & "trelweny" (I forgot to capitalize it... *sheepish grin*) on NP.

laters!
Level 33

Armina
Exalted Player

Post by Armina » Fri Oct 03, 2003 1:24 am

kay... I know this is pretty much a dead thread but I didn't wanna bother starting a new one for the question I had.

*sheepish grin*

see... I've fallen into the trap of playing NeoPets more... but I'm so LONELY there! *pouts* I've got, like, one NeoFriend, & that's Haiiro Kitsune (greyfox) who used to play here.

so -Gingi especially- if you play NeoPets sometime could you make "trelweny" a neofriend so I can at least find you? pretty please?

thanks muchly!
Level 33

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Fri Oct 03, 2003 2:14 am

no problem Mina-chan! I haven't played in awhile, but I'll check in when I've got some time :D! My member name on there is ikariasuka, hehe, add me! I'd love to have someone to talk to on Neopets :)

Vera
Exalted Player

Post by Vera » Fri Oct 03, 2003 4:22 am

Hehe, look me up on Neopets at trigifie. Me and my Christmas Kyrii would be happy to have fun with you all ^^.
Weapon: Shadow Guns
Armor: GunnerHeadband|Gunner Cloak|Dark Gunner Gloves|Shadow Anklet
Skills:Rapid Shot|Ani Eater|Ap Torv|La Repth|Ani Kruz
Money:8608
Items:Many
Power: Night Vision and Blindness Immune
Wishlist: More Ultra Light Gunner Equipment

Golden Orb is Currently: faint blue glow

Asgard
Exalted Player

Post by Asgard » Fri Oct 03, 2003 7:29 pm

I had a neopet a LONG (emphasis on the long) time ago. It was a graarl, a very mean one too :D But I loved him to bits :D
This is my non-banner profile. Read at own discretion!
Wishlist (Bolded sections denotate priority, in descending order)
In General: LEVELS
Pet-Related: EX-Levels, [Lv. 2]Overdrive Sphere, [Lv. 2]Ressurect
Armor: Dice Gloves (20 RARE), Golden Turban (42), Saint Cross (41), Protect Ring (41)
Weapons: Master Nunchaku (40 RARE), Three-Section Staff (37),
Items: (None)

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Fri Oct 03, 2003 7:42 pm

I played that, but it got so boring. I think powerpets might be fun though.
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Sat Oct 04, 2003 2:29 pm

I made an account! I got me a yak named babarak.
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms

Tirath
Exalted Player

Post by Tirath » Sat Oct 04, 2003 11:55 pm

uh..... I got a ferret.....
Last edited by Tirath on Mon Oct 06, 2003 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Equipment: Oval Sword/ Frost Armour/ Cougar Bandana / Frost Bracer / Leg mail
Items: Mages soul, spirte orcarina, anitidote, 3 emperor soul, 10 heath potion, 5 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 5 Gale Breath, 2 Resurrect, 2 Speed Charm, 2 Knights Bane
Money: 5403gp
Skills: La Repth, Rue Slash, Rue Rom
Unequiped: Unicorn Blade(Ani Slash)Executioner(Crackbeat)

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Sun Oct 05, 2003 7:55 pm

What is your account armina? I bet my account still exist after a year. I could be your friend.