Talk about anything you want here, just keep it clean, thank you!

Moderator: Nighthand

Wren
Elevated Player

Post by Wren » Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:34 pm

Mirmax Films was the distributor for Mononoke. The actually dubbing process was done by Disney. All Ghibli Flims that hit the US go through Disney, unless they're Imports or shown in those Foreign Films theaters where they actually use the Japanese dialogue. :(
Wren | Blademaster | Lvl. 30 | Ap Raio | Ap Do | Ap Vakz | Ani Slash | Vak Slash | Miu Lei | GiVak Kruz | Rai Kruz | Rue Rom | Repth |

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:04 am

Wren wrote:Mirmax Films was the distributor for Mononoke. The actually dubbing process was done by Disney. All Ghibli Flims that hit the US go through Disney, unless they're Imports or shown in those Foreign Films theaters where they actually use the Japanese dialogue. :(
Hehe, well I thought so, but I do love to be difficut :roll: . Thanks for sorting that out though! And yes, more non-Disney Anime movies must be imported into theatres, theatres I actually know the existence of -_-

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:12 am

I'm lucky that I can walk to an art theatre that shows anime occusionlly. I just saw Millennium Actress a few days ago there and it is a good movie.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Wish List: Phoenix's Fire, Gold Necklace
EX-Spheres: LV 3 - Overdrive, LV 3 - Curative, LV 3 - Elemental Breath

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:23 am

Phoenix512 wrote:I'm lucky that I can walk to an art theatre that shows anime occusionlly. I just saw Millennium Actress a few days ago there and it is a good movie.
That's awesome, you're so lucky! I only go to a big city on weekends, so I always miss the showings and miss my chance -_- bleh!

Armina
Exalted Player

Post by Armina » Wed Nov 26, 2003 1:49 am

Wren wrote:Yay for Macross2! =D Which Record of Lodoss War? OVA or TV? and which Armitage? There's something like 6 or 8 of them.
I believe both are the original versions available on DVD for the States. I know my Armitage has Keifer Sutherland doing the dub for the main guy, so it's not a true-blue original (as in still being in Japanese *grins*).

I tend to avoid OVA... not that I think it's bad really, but the one's I've seen don't always seem to keep up with the original works very well. *pouts* There always seems to be that "fatal flaw of sequels" quality to them: art not quite the same, story not quite covering how the original ended, characters forgetting lessons learned, different voice actors, etc. *grins* Maybe I'm just too picky.
Level 33
Skills: JukRepulse (WoodL2), RaiWipe (ThunderL2), RueKruz(1:S:Water), DekGanz (dec. Earth), RaiRom (1:Thunder), Repth, RipTeyn
Specials: LifeDrain
Items: 4Antidote, 2Restorative, 23Health Drink, 10Mage'sSoul, 5Ressurect

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Wed Nov 26, 2003 4:40 am

The Armitage III OVA came first and then Polymatrix is a condensed version of the OVA, and finally Dual-Matrix came a few years later. In the US, Polymatrix came out first with the Keifer Sutherland dub. Some point later, the original OVA came out with the Japanese track and a new dub. Dual-Matrix came out a year ago in the US.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Wish List: Phoenix's Fire, Gold Necklace
EX-Spheres: LV 3 - Overdrive, LV 3 - Curative, LV 3 - Elemental Breath

Asgard
Exalted Player

Post by Asgard » Wed Nov 26, 2003 6:47 am

I don't really collect anime. Well, I watch it when time permits, but that's just about it. But here's a list of what I watched

Dragon Ball (Whole Series)
Dragon Ball Z (Whole Series)
Dragon Ball Z: The Movie (1-5) [I still need to see Brolly >.<]
Vision of Escaflowne (Whole Series)
Gundam Wing (all 50 eps + Endless Waltz)
Inuyasha (I've gotten up to where Sessho got hold of Tetseigua and totally pwned with it.)

That's about it :/
This is my non-banner profile. Read at own discretion!
Wishlist (Bolded sections denotate priority, in descending order)
In General: LEVELS
Pet-Related: EX-Levels, [Lv. 2]Overdrive Sphere, [Lv. 2]Ressurect
Armor: Dice Gloves (20 RARE), Golden Turban (42), Saint Cross (41), Protect Ring (41)
Weapons: Master Nunchaku (40 RARE), Three-Section Staff (37),
Items: (None)