Talk about anything you want here, just keep it clean, thank you!

Moderator: Nighthand

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Live Action Anime Movies

Post by Gingitsune » Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:26 am

I heard they're coming out with a whole slew of them! From what I heard the include:

1. Neon Genesis Evangelion (which has been confirmed!)
2. Lupin III - though IMDB only showed me a French version scheduled for 2004
3. Dragonball Z which I can confirm through IMDB
4. Battle Angel
5. Kite

posted on 2003-05-20 17:21:53
source: Variety
Gainax, Weta, and ADV teaming up for film

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Variety.com (original article only available to subscribers--free trial available), reporting from the Cannes Film Festival, reports that Gainax, Weta, and ADV are teaming up to produce a live action film based on Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Gainax and ADV Films should be instantly recognizable to any anime fan as the studio that created Evangelion and ADV as the studio that owns the worldwide rights to the TV series and localized it for North American audiences. Weta Workshop, however, may not be a familiar name. Weta is the New Zealand studio set up by Lord of the Rings director Peter Jackson to handle the special effects for the LOTR trilogy.

Adding complete credibility to this story is the quote from ADV Films president and co-founder John Ledford: "The three main players here represent something of a dream team for a project like this. Between the quality and significance of Gainax, Weta's industry-leading skill in visual effects and our expertise in the marketing and promotion of anime and anime-related content, this project is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity."

To top it off, while the film is still in early development, Ledford mentions an "aggressive timetable."

Neon Genesis Evangelion joins a growing list of titles, including Kite, Dragonball Z, Battle Angel, and Lupin III, that are rumored or confirmed to have live-action remakes in the works.

ANN has confirmed this story with ADV Films.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well they might, and likely will be, horrible- but I still really want to see them :D

Neo...
Player

Post by Neo... » Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:52 am

I already heard about the Neon Genesis Evangelion and Dragon Ball Z live-action films that were supoosed to be in development, but the other ones are new to me.

The really sad thing about these kind of movies, is that they have the potential to be awesome movies... but sadly that never happens. Apox on you Hollywood! APOX I SAY!!

I'm hoping that the Evangelion and Lupin III movies are at least decent. I'll be incredibly surprised if the Dragon Ball Z movie is actually pulled off.

Neo | Twinblade | Lvl. 18 | Tiger Claws | Staccatto | Gale of Swords | Repth | Vak Kruz | Juk Rom |

Asgard
Exalted Player

Post by Asgard » Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:33 am

omg Lupin the 3rd in live action!? That's gonna be awesome :)
This is my non-banner profile. Read at own discretion!
Wishlist (Bolded sections denotate priority, in descending order)
In General: LEVELS
Pet-Related: EX-Levels, [Lv. 2]Overdrive Sphere, [Lv. 2]Ressurect
Armor: Dice Gloves (20 RARE), Golden Turban (42), Saint Cross (41), Protect Ring (41)
Weapons: Master Nunchaku (40 RARE), Three-Section Staff (37),
Items: (None)

Argilus
Twin Blader

Post by Argilus » Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:24 pm

You guys haven't heard of the Ninja Scroll movie in process? Yeah, made by some good director I heard, but from the states.
I'll be there by your side
in the land of twilight
in your dream I will go
till we find the sunrise

Asgard
Exalted Player

Post by Asgard » Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:02 pm

Argilus wrote:You guys haven't heard of the Ninja Scroll movie in process? Yeah, made by some good director I heard, but from the states.
Quentin Tarantino! It'll make Kill Bill look like a day at the Blood Donor clinic XD
Armor: Dice Gloves (20 RARE), Golden Turban (42), Saint Cross (41), Protect Ring (41)

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:10 pm

That'll be awesome! Quentin Tarantino is great!
The one I really want to see is Neon Genesis Evangelion, that one will be the most complex and difficult one to do- since it'll be mixing some intense special effects with NGE's storyline- which definately won't be easy.
If Hollywood can do Neon Genesis Evangelion well, they can do anything well.

Neo...
Player

Post by Neo... » Wed Nov 26, 2003 4:00 am

Gingitsune wrote:If Hollywood can do Neon Genesis Evangelion well, they can do anything well.
So true... so true. And Quentin Tarantino... Ninja Scroll.... it already reeks of geamy coolness!

Neo | Twinblade | Lvl. 18 | Tiger Claws | Staccatto | Gale of Swords | Repth | Vak Kruz | Juk Rom |

Argilus
Twin Blader

Post by Argilus » Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:33 pm

DBZ Live action movie update...I guess

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/363/363928p1.html
in the land of twilight
in your dream I will go
till we find the sunrise

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:53 pm

Ooh! I'm actually excited about this movie, they may screw it up too, but why should they? Hollywood loves action movies, and they usually do a good job of creating the special effects. And as far as dialogue and plot-line is concerned, it'll be hard to ruin DBZ's, as much as I do love the show, the 10-minute power-up grunting sessions tend to get a little annoying!

Argilus
Twin Blader

Post by Argilus » Thu Nov 27, 2003 3:37 am

Well. If they do, they do. Here's the catch, there is only one person to blame then the creator himself. I hear that Akira Toriyama is going to be there to supervise. So... whether or not he has reviewed the story or not I don't know, but I do know he's over here making suggestions.
in the land of twilight
in your dream I will go
till we find the sunrise

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Thu Nov 27, 2003 1:00 pm

*smiles* Well that's a relief, let's hope he'll also supervise the casting, and make sure that no totally unsuited actors get to play Goku... The rumour I heard was about Keanu Reeves, but I doubt that's true... They absolutely don't match!

Argilus
Twin Blader

Post by Argilus » Fri Nov 28, 2003 6:33 am

lol, there's a lot of rumors but knowbody knows for sure. Most lists are what the viewers want...and if they pick "the one", *coughs* I mean Reeves then it's probably a popular vote with the youngins.

I'll check around and see if I can find an official casting list but I doubt there's one out there.
in the land of twilight
in your dream I will go
till we find the sunrise

Argilus
Twin Blader

Post by Argilus » Fri Nov 28, 2003 6:37 am

Found this at a pretty well respected DBZ fan site, although i'm not really sure it's legit

==========================================

This page will be constantly updated with news concerning the Dragonball Z Live Action movie.

FOX is shooting for a PG-13 rating and a running time of 3 to 4 hours. They are hoping for the DBZ Movie Saga to be 4 episodes long (4 movies). Starting in the Saiyan saga, The Frieza Saga, The Android/Cell Saga, and the Buu saga.

George Lucas' CGI company ILM has signed a contract to do the special effects. Bad news though, due to casting, and scheduling difficulties, filming was set to begin real soon, but has been put off until Summer 2004, the ORIGINAL release date. Once the movie is finished and all post-production effects have been added in, this movie may not be out until 2005.

As of now there is no definite title. The most obvious choice would be plain "Dragonball Z", but FOX is also leaning towards "Dragonball Z: Unlimited" or "Dragonball Z: Fight for Mankind"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cast

Here is a list of the cast that is supposed to be the cast. Anything can change on this list as some might be switched with different actors:

Goku- Hugh Jackman

Vegeta: Ray Park ( Sleepy Hollow, Star Wars Episode 1, X-men)

Piccolo: Sam Wheeler

Raditz: Jason Bateman (Teen Wolf Two, Necessary Roughness, The Sweetest Thing)

Nappa: Bill Goldberg ( WWE wrestling, Universal Soldier: The Return)

Tien: Orlando Bloom ( Black Hawk Down, Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean

Bulma: Jessica Alba ( P.U.N.K.S, Idle Hands, Dark Angel)

Puar, Oolong, King Kai- Characters will be CGI and the voice actors from the show will be doing these voices.

*Update- Date: July 22, 2003*- The director for the DBZ Live Action Movie is set and it is going to be Ronald Emmerich, also the writes for the character's/story will obviously be Akira Toriyama, and Tedi Sarafian. Source: Kiji-Anime

Director- Roland Emmerich ( Independence Day, The Patriot, Universal Soldier, and Godzilla)

==========================================

Yeah, we'll see how this works, note: found this at Saiyan-prince.com
in the land of twilight
in your dream I will go
till we find the sunrise

Asgard
Exalted Player

Post by Asgard » Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:43 pm

Wolverine = Goku?

Nappa = Goldberg?

INCONCEIVABLES!

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Fri Nov 28, 2003 9:10 pm

Goku- Hugh Jackman Hahaha, I can't imagine this one, Hugh Jackman is the tall and lanky type, they're really going to have to cut down on the muscles big time to make this movie possible

Vegeta: Ray Park ( Sleepy Hollow, Star Wars Episode 1, X-men) I have no problem with this one, I could see it happening, and it's not that bad of a choice if you ask me

Piccolo: Sam Wheeler

Raditz: Jason Bateman (Teen Wolf Two, Necessary Roughness, The Sweetest Thing)

Nappa: Bill Goldberg ( WWE wrestling, Universal Soldier: The Return) :lol: hahahahaha

Tien: Orlando Bloom ( Black Hawk Down, Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean Okay! *innocent smile*

Bulma: Jessica Alba ( P.U.N.K.S, Idle Hands, Dark Angel)
Bleh, I should be Bulma

Puar, Oolong, King Kai- Characters will be CGI and the voice actors

Thanks for finding this Argilus :) it's great info! I hope it turns out to be true :D well most of it anyway, some of it needs to be beaten over the head, heh, figuratively speaking. I like the Buu Saga the most from the series, and basically any Saga in which Goku-kun kicks butt...

Gingitsune <---- Rabid Goku Fan :twisted: