Talk about anything you want here, just keep it clean, thank you!

Moderator: Nighthand

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Sat Jan 03, 2004 3:05 pm

Nighthand wrote:SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

the chart for the pets is here!

it's a point based system, where you start with 50, and each level gains you a certain number, depending on what level. the points go to buying skills and spells, and in some cases physical attributes.

http://homepages.wmich.edu/~h3wierzb/Di ... tGuide.txt

please, use your starting 50 points, read the rules carefully, and post your setup in your profile.
Awesome Nighthand! Thanks so much for putting it up ^_^ the only problem is that Jocasta [my pet] is of the Light Element, like myself, which is not on the chart since it's not really a .hack element. What should I do about points/skills?

Wren
Elevated Player

Post by Wren » Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:56 pm

Mine was Wind Elemental until I looked at the chart... sad sad thing. I had to change it to Thunder. But now his name "Kaze" (Wind) doesn't make sense... Oh well.
Wren | Blademaster | Lvl. 30 | Ap Raio | Ap Do | Ap Vakz | Ani Slash | Vak Slash | Miu Lei | GiVak Kruz | Rai Kruz | Rue Rom | Repth |

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:19 pm

strato wrote:Very nice Nighthand and Gingi... Now for the corrections:

All right now that we have that cleared up, which type of tail would my naga have?? And how many heads should I say my naga have if I haven't stated this already?
the naga should 'probably' IMO, have the thick tail for starting, though it is your pet, and you can choose either. and as for heads, that too is up to you , though more than three has no effect.

as for wren's question, whatever physical attributes your pet has, it starts with those skills, but you have to wait for level 30 to add a new limb.

and as for you gingi, i'd say use whichever chart you want as a guideline and modify it with the light elemental skills you make up. since it's not really an element, it's hard to determine how it should act (ex: should there be a light tornado, or raise?) for now though, my suggestion is to use the thunder as the base, due to the similarities.

strato, those corrections shall be made asap (read: when i'm back up at college and have the time to edit and re-post it online, something i won't be able to do here at home today).

all other questions feel free to ask.

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:45 pm

strato wrote:Very nice Nighthand and Gingi... Now for the corrections:

Ap Vorv raises Phy Def and
Ap Torv raises Phy Acc

Ap Vorma raises Mag Def and
Ap Torma raises Mag Acc

Here are the other names for elemental summons as well:

Water- Merrows
Wood- Krake

All right now that we have that cleared up, which type of tail would my naga have?? And how many heads should I say my naga have if I haven't stated this already?
Naga's only have one head...... theyare part peoples though.
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:54 pm

actually, it depends on what version of the legend you're looking at...

sometimes they have more.

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Sun Jan 04, 2004 4:27 pm

Nighthand wrote:actually, it depends on what version of the legend you're looking at...

sometimes they have more.
That's true, my Mythology Encyclopedia had the Indian legend, where they are enormous many-headed cobras who guard tombs, or great treasures. ^_^ there are many legends though.

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:49 pm

I've never heard of such a legend. Are you sure they weren't talking about hydra's? Maybe they just needed glasses and wouldn't admit it? I shall look into this immediately.
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:22 pm

Barak, a coal-black miniature chimaera with intense yellow eyes. It's body is made up of the following parts, the tail of a six-tailed fox, the head of a wolf, the body and limbs of a panther,the claws of a bird of prey, and the wings of a raven.
A jagged, lightning-shaped scar runs down its left foreleg. Has minor electric powers, including the power to 'zap' and healing powers.

Name: Barak
Species: Chimaera
Level: 5
Element: Thunder
Eye Color: Yellow (glowing)
Fur Color: black
Wing Color: black

Points Remaining:0

skills:
-Bite
-Tiger Claws
-Staccato

Abilities:
-Flight

Spells:
-Rai Rom
-Rai Kruz
-Repth
-Ap Do
-Ap Corv
-Ap Vorv
-Ap Torv
-Ap Corma
-Ap Vorma
-Ap Torma
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP
Bell, the Silver Grunty of Thunder
Skills/Spells-Shocking Arrow of Voltage(30), Arrow of the Burning Stars(10), MeRai Rom(40), Rai Kruz(10), La Repth(20), Rip Maen(40), MeRai Kruz(20), GiVak Kruz(20), MeRai Don(20), Rig Saem(15)
Weapon/Armor/Book-Golden Royal Bow/Thunder Torque, Thunder Cloak, Able Ring, Ivory Greaves/Thunder Magic
Wishlist: YL Fukuoka, Stormlore, Winter Stone, Silver Grunty

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:11 am

notice to gingi and wren,
http://homepages.wmich.edu/~h3wierzb/Di ... tGuide.txt
i have now created a light and wind chart for you.

now you don't have to be puzzled about it. i based the wind off wood, and the light off thunder. have fun!

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:13 pm

Great! Thanks Nighthand! :D