Talk about anything you want here, just keep it clean, thank you!

Moderator: Nighthand

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:48 am

HackerNuse wrote: 8. Battle Royale will not be a turn based duel. Instead it is random. So anyone can post at anytime of Battle Royale but at least one post must be made from everyone within the two day posting period.
Does that limit it to one post every two days, or is that just the minimum? For example, if I were to post on the first day, would I have to wait until the third, or for everyone else to get a turn, before I can post again? I know it's not really common sense to post twice in a row, but after a few people have posted...

HackerNuse
Elevated Player

Post by HackerNuse » Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:40 pm

Yes you can do that. If you wanted to post after someone else had posted then it is fine by mean. This was done to help get ride of the problem of people waiting on others to post and getting stuck in a danger zone(the normal turn based style.) So yes its all anrchy for a while. Have fun.
Temepst | Lv. 15| Whipmaster|200 Gold

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:13 pm

Once upon a time, main didn't do turn based battles. I miss those days. For my items, I want a pinapple, a jar of trained fleas, a sack full of bricks, and a gingi plushie!
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:53 pm

Once upon a time, main didn't do turn-based battles. That time is soon to be upon us again. In a way, the BR will be a good thing, help get back in the flow of it.

Since it hasn't been said yet, I would like to thank HackerN and Cypher for doing the work to organize this all, from concept to reality. Good work, good luck, and let's make this fun!

EDIT: -gives concept to Hijinx-
Last edited by Nighthand on Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:21 am

I demand credit for the concept. And I want to know about my items! Pwetty pwease? :puppy:
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms

HackerNuse
Elevated Player

Post by HackerNuse » Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:59 am

Haha I am sorry Hijinx you will have to wait till tomorrow to recieve it.
And umm thanks Nighthand, and Cypher I am pming you so read it right away.

Cypher
Exalted Player

Post by Cypher » Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:29 am

Got the PM and gave you a message...this will be interesting...what worries me is massive reply flooding...

What is to happen to those who do not post within the first 2 days?
Wishlist: Ends of Earth (11 BM), Black Sharp Angel Wings, BM Swords (Rare/Common)

New sig coming soon!

Nall
Elevated Player

Post by Nall » Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:38 pm

alright everything sounds good! ^^;; a couple questions though (I know I'm full of them)

1) Is it friday as in tonight? or next week or when? ^^;

2) Is there going to be any type of moderation? Is someone going to control things during BR? (like when people die, or say someone plays invincible too much or whatever)

3) It says people are let out every 5 min, is it first come first serve? or do you actually have a list of who goes first and second etc?

4) Is anyone going to post any specific rules about the fighting? I know we all should know whats acceptable and what's not, but it might not be a bad idea to refresh their memories. Maybe give examples of what is not permitted etc etc.

5) I know some people have posted this in their profile or whatever, but can we make sure EVERYONE has a list of their abilities written out somewhere for people to see? This would save a lot of trouble when fighting battles, and some people may have scanning abilities, like myself and cyper that would allow us to know what some of their special hacks are. It would seem silly for Nall to analyze someone and then get suprised by an attack I didn't know they had. I'm not sure how in depth Cyphers scanning is, but Nall is supposed to be able to analyze pretty much any form of data, cloaked or not. I think some people started posting about it but we should probably make a spearate thread since I dunno where, nor if everyone posted.

6) I'd also like to send my gratitude for everyone involved with BR ^^;; This was a lot of work and I happy yo see so many people put in extra time to make Divergence fun! ^^;;

7) You put my name beside Asgard's, does that mean we count as one? ^_~
Nall//Blademaster | SWORD | Time Headband | Kagayuzen | Hands of Life | White Boots | {Life Drain}{Skill Drain} <Rue Crack> <Rue Revolver> <Ap Do> <Miu Lei> <Ol Repth> <Rip Maen>

HackerNuse
Elevated Player

Post by HackerNuse » Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:47 pm

Nall I am sorry to reply kinda late. Battle Royale is supposed to start today, this friday at 8pm pct/ est. So... ya haha

Throughout Battle Royale their will be updates on who has died and who is left what not. As for goding their will more than likely be someone patroling Cypher or Me or an outside force to make it fair.

Like Battle Royale, the number you were given is the order you shall leave in. So you were boy #2 so you will leave after girl #2 has left. The order is girls first then boys and then by number hope that didn't sound confusing.

Basic rules of standard duels apply to this. No forced hits.... etc. But if a refresher is what is needed, it will be posted

Thats a good idea, everyone please if you have hacks post them in your sigs.

And lastly hahah I know that was mess up on my part but you are not as one you are boy #2. Hope that has answered all your questions and see you all tonight. It is 3:45 on the west coast right now just letting you know so you have 3hrs 15mins until Battle Royale begins.

Cypher
Exalted Player

Post by Cypher » Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:14 pm

I'll be patrolling for fairness, sort of your deathmatch GM. Liek Quake...you guys fight, I check stuff and rule things out alogn with Hacker.

As for a refresher, I'll confirm the hits.

Nall, I know you're cloaked, so I can't spot you. I'll be enforcing the hacks and their propper usage.
Wishlist: Ends of Earth (11 BM), Black Sharp Angel Wings, BM Swords (Rare/Common)

New sig coming soon!

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:08 am

Are we the same level as we are here?

HackerNuse
Elevated Player

Post by HackerNuse » Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:18 am

yes

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:39 am

Can I have my plushie at least? :?: Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?

Cypher
Exalted Player

Post by Cypher » Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:47 am

Sure...

We'll see...

I'm constructing the post now...so it shall soon begin.

The link is:

http://invisionfree.com/forums/DIVERGEN ... try1284759[/url]

New sig coming soon!

HackerNuse
Elevated Player

Post by HackerNuse » Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:58 pm

Hey to anyone and everyone this is the link to the maps. Right now levels 13 and 12 are up. I am sorry if they look a bit on the crappy side. Computer is being a butt hole. O well here it is.

http://www.geocities.com/blueeyeddragoon/layout.html