Talk about anything you want here, just keep it clean, thank you!

Moderator: Nighthand

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:48 pm

This almost seems like the most appropriate place to poke...who's not gone? Our quest hasn't moved at all in a week, and we've basically fallen a round behind. So if you're not gone and in the group...physical posting proof please?
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP
Bell, the Silver Grunty of Thunder
Skills/Spells-Shocking Arrow of Voltage(30), Arrow of the Burning Stars(10), MeRai Rom(40), Rai Kruz(10), La Repth(20), Rip Maen(40), MeRai Kruz(20), GiVak Kruz(20), MeRai Don(20), Rig Saem(15)
Weapon/Armor/Book-Golden Royal Bow/Thunder Torque, Thunder Cloak, Able Ring, Ivory Greaves/Thunder Magic
Wishlist: YL Fukuoka, Stormlore, Winter Stone, Silver Grunty

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:39 am

I'm not, just needed to find out something! :D Time to post!
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:16 am

Tonight is wednesday. That makes tomorrow Thursday. On Thursday, I leave for a hotel in a city 15 minutes away from my university. I spend the afternoon, evening, and night there, then on Friday morning, I move in to WMU.

If all goes well, I'll be back to my usual online schedule by Friday afternoon, maybe Friday evening. If all doesn't go as smoothly... I hope for Monday to be the latest. Barring some unforseen stupidity, like the dorm being broken or something.

Armina
Exalted Player

Post by Armina » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:25 pm

*huggles Nighthand* Good luck with the move! ^_^
Level 33
Skills: JukRepulse (WoodL2), RaiWipe (ThunderL2), RueKruz(1:S:Water), DekGanz (dec. Earth), RaiRom (1:Thunder), Repth, RipTeyn
Specials: LifeDrain
Items: 4Antidote, 2Restorative, 23Health Drink, 10Mage'sSoul, 5Ressurect

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:10 pm

Moved in and.... connected. And it's fast, too. I thought I was pretty decently fast at home, but nooooo. This is like... "oh, lag? huh? never heard of that before...."

So yeah. I'm back. Though probably not full-time just yet, as I still havn't met my roommate as of this post. He's moved in, his stuff is in his section of the room, he just hasn't shown up yet.

Thing I've found out bout him:
--He wears contacts
--He is interested in sports (but might not play, there's not much in the way of equipment around)
--He uses a mac, or at the very least, some kind of apple product. Judging from the power cords, a powerbook laptop of some kind.

So yeah. Hooray for being back?

The reason I might still be in and out is because as of yet the only thing I've really unpacked is my computer. The rest can wait until we (my roommate and I) figure out if we're going to rearrange furniture, or if this whole part of the room is mine to do with as I wish, or what. He really doesn't appear to have a lot of stuff, but for all I know he's bringing a lot more still.

Updates to appear... eventually.

Dien
Exalted Player
Class: Blademaster

Post by Dien » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:42 pm

As Reinier noted in the EC thread, Zan went and got hooked to World of Warcraft, so it's likely that it'll be a good month before we see him again (if at all). If it really comes down to it, I'll call his cell phone and get him to come to his senses, but as for now, it appears we've lost yet another one...
Image|||Level 35 Blademaster (+200 EXP)
Wishlist: EXP, Ends of Earth, Armor with Status Effects

Armina
Exalted Player

Post by Armina » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:46 pm

Darn that WoW!!! It has my baby brother in its vile clutches as well.
*shakes fist while laughing*
Can still post once a day... should be able to anyway. *pokes*

Glad your move went well, Nighthand! *hugs*
Level 33
Skills: JukRepulse (WoodL2), RaiWipe (ThunderL2), RueKruz(1:S:Water), DekGanz (dec. Earth), RaiRom (1:Thunder), Repth, RipTeyn

Armina
Exalted Player

Post by Armina » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:26 pm

Just was reminded that Theron & I are supposed to be camping today. :shock: For some reason I thought it was next weekend. NO wonder I never get to go to our German Club's Oktober Fest... it's the same weekend.

Must syke myself up to want to go sudo-camping. *sighs* I don't want Theron to pick up that I don't like going. Afterall, they're his Daddy's family.

*hugs all* See you when we get back! ^_^
Level 33

Dien
Exalted Player

Post by Dien » Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:46 am

Just thought I'd let everyone know that I'm going to be taking an undefined sabbatical from posting. This means that I'll be gone for a while: and I don't know when I'll be coming back (if I ever do). I apologize for any inconvenience, but this is something I have to do.

EDIT: looks like I'm back in commission for a while at the very least. I'll post by the end of the weekend.

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:25 am

Friday (tomorrow) around 2:00 in the afternoon, I'll be leaving for home for the weekend. I'll be returning sometime similar on Sunday. I edited Zan's post to include the reactions to his assaults, in an ooc on the bottom. If someone else has posted by the time I'm heading out the door, I'll probably do the same to that post as well. Unless it's been talked about with me already, like Dien has.

In the past this wouldn't have been downtime at all, but now, since I have no laptop, I find myself too lazy to lug the desktop around. Thus, downtime for me.

Reinier
Awakened Player

Post by Reinier » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:30 pm

Hey guys, just wanted to drop by and say I'm still alive in a manner of speaking. Still engulfed in the realm of band. Woo. Yeah, first BOA is next weekend, that's when it gets real sucky. I just finished my annual Columbus Day suck practice. Which sucked. Bad. So yeah, um... yeah, if you live near Indianapolis, more specifically near Avon H.S., then drop by and i'll say hey 'n what not come grand nationals time.

So yeah, see ya'll in November.
Reinier's Wishlist: Sakabatou|Sharktooth
Abraxas' Wishlist: Complementry|Summon
The Hack's Wishlist: Wall lvl 2

Armina
Exalted Player

Post by Armina » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:35 pm

um... yeah. I suck. *huggles* Sorry I've not posted since... what? Before Labor Day? *sweats* I did write up something on paper that will be posted further on in Armina's quest & I plan on typing up something today... as soon as I'm done here.

I'm going to be officially gone until at least this time next week. Family trip with the in-laws... no internet. *sweats* Well, they do have dial-up... but I'd have to use Tracy's aunt & uncle's computer anyway & that just doesn't seem right somehow when I'm supposed to be visiting & socializing.

I do mean to get back... it's just... hard... :(

*luvs to Nighthand, Rayo, Hijinx & those from 'back in the day'*
Level 33

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:14 am

Camping this weekend, so I've been trying to get all my work done before then...so I've been busy/am busy. I'll make sure to at least get a post in before I go. Once I've dealt with an entrance post, it'll require less time to think of things.
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP
Bell, the Silver Grunty of Thunder
Skills/Spells-Shocking Arrow of Voltage(30), Arrow of the Burning Stars(10), MeRai Rom(40), Rai Kruz(10), La Repth(20), Rip Maen(40), MeRai Kruz(20), GiVak Kruz(20), MeRai Don(20), Rig Saem(15)
Weapon/Armor/Book-Golden Royal Bow/Thunder Torque, Thunder Cloak, Able Ring, Ivory Greaves/Thunder Magic
Wishlist: YL Fukuoka, Stormlore, Winter Stone, Silver Grunty

Zhao Xun
Elevated Player

Post by Zhao Xun » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:32 pm

Computer down. Again. I'll do what I can, and if anyone can tell me what's going wrong, I'll thank you for it.

When it's booting up, it makes it to the windows boot screen, and even goes so far as to run the disk check utility. However, when that's done, whether I let it run OR cancel it, the computer restarts. Any ideas? Or do I just need to reformat?

Thanks in advance. Sorry for my new absence.

Dien
Exalted Player

Post by Dien » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:08 pm

Zhao Xun wrote:Computer down. Again. I'll do what I can, and if anyone can tell me what's going wrong, I'll thank you for it.

When it's booting up, it makes it to the windows boot screen, and even goes so far as to run the disk check utility. However, when that's done, whether I let it run OR cancel it, the computer restarts. Any ideas? Or do I just need to reformat?

Thanks in advance. Sorry for my new absence.
First, try starting it in safe mode. My sister's computer had a similar problem a while ago, and it turned out to be a bad driver. However, the problem is happening so soon that it could be any number of things. If starting in safe mode doesn't work, then see if you can get a boot disk (like a diskette or CD) and try to start it off that. What seems to be happening is that your OS is experiencing a fatal error at startup, so the boot disk should at least get you to a place where you can fix it. If you can manage to get Windows up and running, reinstall Windows over the old software. If that works, then you should be good for a while (at least until Windows screws up again, at which time repeat). If that doesn't work, though, you either have a virus (in which case I'd recommend formatting the hard drive), or there's a hardware issue inside the computer itself (in which case I can't help you, but I'd recommend taking it to Circuit City to have the Geek Squad look at it). Computer trouble sucks, and I hope you can get it resolved soon so we can RP together again.

(P.S. If you're running Windows ME, scrap it for 2000 or XP: both are a lot more stable)