Talk about anything you want here, just keep it clean, thank you!

Moderator: Nighthand

Cypher
Exalted Player

The Orbs!!!

Post by Cypher » Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:10 pm

Hi guys, many of you (I hope) know about the orbs I gave out recently. So far, as quest rewards, you've received notes on how they glow. Up until now, those have just been formalities. Now, I have begun a table with equivalencies to the comments, so that you have a smooth feel of when to redeem the orb.

So...what are your thoughts on the system, what do you expect from it, and if there was one change you could do to it, what would it be?
Wishlist: Ends of Earth (11 BM), Black Sharp Angel Wings, BM Swords (Rare/Common)

New sig coming soon!

Lighteria
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Lighteria » Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:25 am

Well... last quest they didn't change at all so I was wondering if you gave up on it.

You might also notice I made a little graphic in my profile for it too. Image
So I'm curious as to how it progresses.
Lv. 37 Twin Blade (180 SP)
Weapon: Rashou (Thunder Coil- 30, Suvi Lei- 20, Mumyn Lei- 30) (Life Drain)
Armor: Holy Tree Mail (Juk Kruz- 20) - Scarab Earring (La Repth- 20, Rip Maen- 40) - Time Sandals (Ap Do- 15) - Forest Gloves (Juk Kruz- 20)
GP: 14384

Wish list (In order of priority): Angel halo accessory, chibi angel wings, Bone Armor, Professional

Lighteria: "Obsessively updating my profile since Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:10 pm"

Cypher
Exalted Player

Post by Cypher » Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:54 pm

Heh, they are still here! I didn't add to them because I didn't just want to give them status without knowing what that status meant.

I like that graphic...
Wishlist: Ends of Earth (11 BM), Black Sharp Angel Wings, BM Swords (Rare/Common)

New sig coming soon!

Reinier
Awakened Player

Post by Reinier » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:01 pm

What exactly does each status mean?
Reinier's Wishlist: Sakabatou|Sharktooth
Abraxas' Wishlist: Complementry|Summon
The Hack's Wishlist: Wall lvl 2

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:05 pm

That'll be revealed fairly soon, once the chart is made and approved. (go go cypher power!) :D

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:32 am

I don't know if I like it much... :sweatdrop: The fact that it makes no sense to me doesn't help :flopsy: ...
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:43 am

All it is, is an orb that changes based on your performance, that can be cashed in for items based on what it is. Not really that complicated.

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:20 pm

But performance is relative. For instance, the level 5 person won't or shouldn't be doing as well as a level 40 person. If you mean RP wise, then it's ultimately just annoying. How many defiant people completely ignore their character's personality and go with everything the group does?
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms

Reinier
Awakened Player

Post by Reinier » Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:29 pm

When they say performance, they don't mean what you do in the quest. They mean how active you are and how well you post. Levels don't mean anything, really.
Reinier's Wishlist: Sakabatou|Sharktooth
Abraxas' Wishlist: Complementry|Summon
The Hack's Wishlist: Wall lvl 2

Cypher
Exalted Player

Post by Cypher » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:11 am

But performance is relative. For instance, the level 5 person won't or shouldn't be doing as well as a level 40 person. If you mean RP wise, then it's ultimately just annoying. How many defiant people completely ignore their character's personality and go with everything the group does?
When they say performance, they don't mean what you do in the quest. They mean how active you are and how well you post. Levels don't mean anything, really.
Well said Reinier. Jinx, basically, if you are a good poster, and a scheduled one, your orb value shall be higher than, say, mine would currently, since I havn't posted here in ages, and my quality hasn't been what it could be. A prize can be redeemed from how your orb currently is, but you can't let your orb sit forever without redeeming. A more fit set of guidelines, along with what each status means and what you can obtain from it, shall be discussed with the propper parties, then released for the public's viewing pleasure.

Last quests rewards, as well as any subsequent quests that recieve no 'orb updates' will be taken into consideration once a logical and effective system is established. I see potential, but I also see oportunities for negative effects to emerge. This situation has been labeled 'handle with care,' and with care it shall be handled.

New sig coming soon!

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:31 pm

There's a pretty big gap between 40 and 5 that directly effects how well you can do in combat...

I already knew that much, but we don't have any real guidelines for the orb. For instance, a glowing orb is worth what exactly? How much can it improve? Basically, what's the highest it can go? A scale might help a little.

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:01 pm

Hijinx wrote:There's a pretty big gap between 40 and 5 that directly effects how well you can do in combat...

I already knew that much, but we don't have any real guidelines for the orb. For instance, a glowing orb is worth what exactly? How much can it improve? Basically, what's the highest it can go? A scale might help a little.
Which would be exactly what Cypher's working on.

Cypher
Exalted Player

Post by Cypher » Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:40 pm

Hijinx wrote:I already knew that much, but we don't have any real guidelines for the orb. For instance, a glowing orb is worth what exactly? How much can it improve? Basically, what's the highest it can go? A scale might help a little.
Cypher's first post wrote:Up until now, those have just been formalities. Now, I have begun a table with equivalencies to the comments, so that you have a smooth feel of when to redeem the orb.
So...I just wanted to hear imput before I begin to finalize it with Nighthand.

New sig coming soon!

Nall
Elevated Player

Post by Nall » Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:28 am

You can never kill a monster the entire quest, hell, you don't even have to attack the monster to be considered a "good poster". There's so many OTHER things you can do then fight. And NO it is not looked well upon when level 5's act like level 40's. I would much rather see a level 5 get it's ass kicked over and over, and post well, realistic fights. I don't, and cypher doesn't look at how many monsters you killed, or the fanciest attacks, or anything like that. It's the quality of your posts.

*ahem* and yes cypher, I love the orbs XD
Nall//Blademaster | SWORD | Time Headband | Kagayuzen | Hands of Life | White Boots | {Life Drain}{Skill Drain} <Rue Crack> <Rue Revolver> <Ap Do> <Miu Lei> <Ol Repth> <Rip Maen>

Cypher
Exalted Player

Post by Cypher » Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:10 am

You can never kill a monster the entire quest, hell, you don't even have to attack the monster to be considered a "good poster". There's so many OTHER things you can do then fight. And NO it is not looked well upon when level 5's act like level 40's. I would much rather see a level 5 get it's ass kicked over and over, and post well, realistic fights. I don't, and cypher doesn't look at how many monsters you killed, or the fanciest attacks, or anything like that. It's the quality of your posts.
That's a good explanation for what I meant in quality of post.

New sig coming soon!