In need of some reading material? Buy powerful scrolls here.
Librarian: Neona

Moderator: Nighthand

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Return to the Scene of the Crime: Unexpected Surprises

Post by Phoenix512 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:28 am

After leaving the weakened Nall and Nighthand along with Hijinx, Phoenix left the aqua city of Mac Anu for the high mountain root town of Dun Loireag but it was just a quick stop as he needed to transfer servers to reach his true destination. He took a quick look at the city before leaving for Reincarnated Distrusting Fallen Angel. He entered the keywords and the three golden rings transported him away from the root town. The rings took Phoenix to the same familiar field that he went to eight days ago. It was rainy along with the thunder and lightning scatter throughout the area. Not much has changed since last time we visited the field but there’s something odd about last time. It seems that what I was feeling was so different.

It could be that the other personality was interacting at the time and took control over you. You just happened to have a vague recollection of what he was feeling and saw during that time. It could be that you were watching but you could not interact with the outside world. Oh, I suddenly remembered something that I need to tell you something before we continue on. Suzaku reverted into her bird form and show Phoenix three glowing spheres. What are these spheres you have there, Suzaku?

These spheres are the result of the group’s battle with Hijinx yesterday. Somehow, the barrier altered our code… I mean the guardians’ code. Our powers are severely reduced by the alternation. We could only manage to access three of our powers of our choosing and transformed into these spheres. Even though we could access these powers, the problem is that you have to choose which power you want and equipped the sphere on me. You cannot remove the sphere to switch with another one until we leave the field or a certain time has passed. Also, another alternation to our code is our strength is determined by own masters. So for instance, I have the same level, hit points, and skill points as you do. This alternation has made me stronger than before. Suzaku took a small pause before continuing to speak to her master.

Now, I will you tell you the powers that the three spheres contained. The sphere on the left is the curative sphere which contains Repth. The center sphere is Enhanced Speed which has the power of Ap Do. The right sphere is the elemental breath sphere which allows me to shoot fire out of my mouth. As we continue to battle together, I will grow stronger and be able to attain more spheres along with the ability to equip more than one at a time. Now choose which sphere to equip on me. As Phoenix and Suzaku were soaked by the rain, he had a decision to make for his pet. He began to ponder greatly on which sphere to equip.

Let’s see. The fire breath sphere is useless in this rain but if we find the castle, then having the firepower would help but I’m not too sure even if we could find the castle. My own healing spell is stronger than her curative sphere but I wouldn’t have to worry about healing myself if I allow her to do the healing duties. As for the enhanced speed sphere, it would be useful since I don’t have Ap Do myself but I could give myself a speed boost by lowering my gravity if necessary. After a few moments of thinking it over again, Phoenix pointed to the center sphere. Equip the enhanced speed sphere, Suzaku. Suzaku gave a nod and equipped the enhanced speed sphere while the other two spheres mysteriously disappeared from the field.

Also Suzaku, transformed into your disguise form until I need to summon you or some unusual monster appears. For all we know, there’s nothing left to find in this field. So I rather not have regular players to see you. Now, where to start looking for the castle… Suzaku transformed back into Phoenix’s shirt before talking to him again.

How about you fight a monster and hoped the lightning would strike us in the same way it did last time? It may not be the best way to approach this but it is the only way we know how to enter the castle. Phoenix gave a nod to Suzaku’s suggestion and began to head for the nearest monster portal. The ground was completely soaked and became soften by the constant downpour. Any step would make Phoenix slipped up in the mud. He altered his gravity to half of Earth’s normal gravity so he could reduce amount of pressure applied to the ground. Even though he was soaking wet and hated the rain, it did not dampen his spirits or determination to uncover the secrets of the missing eight days.

Phoenix managed to reach the monster portal and activated it. The portal revealed an Ogre and a Phoenix Queen but before Phoenix could begin to fight the duo, lightning struck in between them and caused a momentary flash of bright light that blinded Phoenix for a few seconds. After the light faded away, Phoenix now saw only one monster instead of two as the Ogre and Phoenix Queen merged into one monster. The new monster had the head, feathers, and wings of the Phoenix Queen while having the body and hammer of the Ogre. It looks like I didn’t have to do much to get attention but it’s a start. Suzaku, separate from me and cast Ap Do on me. After that, attack the monster on your discretion.

Suzaku separated from Phoenix and took to the air as she cast Ap Do on Phoenix. He sees the monster headed towards him but he was already caught up in a RaJuk Rom attack. The fierce wood-based tornado tore into Phoenix’s scars with thorns, branches, and leaves. The Ogre Queen began its hammer smash attack on Phoenix when Suzaku bit onto its right shoulder. It stopped the hammer attack on Phoenix and focus on removing the bird from its shoulder. The RaJuk Rom attack was finished and Phoenix decided to use Suzaku’s distraction to attack the monster itself. “GAN REVOLVER!” The Matoi went from being a sword of steel into a sword of rock. The rocky sword connected into the monster in a spinning fashion as Phoenix’s body was spinning very fast due to the enhanced gravity and speed boost while Suzaku released her bite on the monster to avoid Phoenix’s attack.

The Ogre Queen began to fly away from Phoenix and attack Suzaku with a RaJuk Rom. The tornado surrounded the bird and could barely maintain its lift from the attack but things got worse for the bird. The monster flew to the guardian’s location and did a downward smash on it with its hammer. Suzaku immediately pummeled to the ground and became unconscious from the fall. Phoenix yelled out Suzaku’s name and quickly headed over to her body. He quickly examined the guardian and saw that she was out of it for the moment. He noticed that the Ogre Queen was still in the air and move away from Suzaku’s position before attacking it again.

Phoenix used his powers of gravity to increase the amount of energy for the monster to maintain its lift. The monster was having a hard time to maintain its flight in the sky but Phoenix was completely focused on increasing the gravity along with the feedback to barely notice that the hammer was heading towards him. Phoenix jumped to his right to avoid the hammer but he had to break the gravity power which he fell into its trap. The Ogre Queen used another RaJuk Rom on Phoenix to buy itself time to retrieve its hammer. After the spell went through its course, Phoenix was suddenly hit in the head with the hammer very quickly. The enhanced gravity caused Phoenix to fly backwards and slid a few more feet due to the muddy ground. Right now, Phoenix was on the ground and suffering from a concussion by the Ogre Queen’s attack. He could barely maintain consciousness or much less stand up as the Ogre Queen slowly made its way to a bloody, muddy, and wet Phoenix.

(OOC: Equipped EX Sphere: Enhanced Speed)
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Wish List: Phoenix's Fire, Gold Necklace
EX-Spheres: LV 3 - Overdrive, LV 3 - Curative, LV 3 - Elemental Breath

Cypher
Exalted Player

Post by Cypher » Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:28 pm

(OOC: Sorry for takign so long, havn't been on div much.)

And so we move…

The conversation had been finally broken. Nall and Nighthand had chosen their own path, just like Phoenix did. Cypher had found Phoenix to be switching servers before transporting himself to a field. It made sense seeing as how Phoenix’s strength would be overkill in the Delta server. Cypher shrugs, changing servers and muttering to himself, ‘to each his own.’

The switch had gone as smoothly as possible. Every once in a while, when the server had attained a numerous amount of players, certain services available to himself-members of the administration in general- would ‘hiccup,’ causing the user to return to the previous normal state in which he was in before he had attempted to carry on with his exquisite abilities. However, even with the numbers of people in the server-the server was easily maxed out, people traveled around bumping shoulders- nothing out of the ordinary had happened. Sure, the occasionally half-a-second frieze while attempting to view the market, nothing out of the ordinary. Luckily for him, he was already at his desired destination. One did not need to travel lengthy and irritable distances in order to reach the chaos gate.

Score one more for ‘The World!!!’

One bright comment to lighten his crummy mood? Not really, yet his heart squealed in content at the sight of a lighter, easier to bare emotion. Expecting one’s centre to carry such a heavy load without experiencing back fire was asking a lot-he wasn’t an expert, but first time experiences usually tell all. Regardless, he must stick with Phoenix. All this dabbling in his emotions would get him to loose his main objective.

“Reincarnated; Distrusting; Fallen Angel”

Each word in the set was pronounced slow and smooth, as if they carried some hidden meaning behind them that needed extra care in order to be discovered. Yet Cypher was just trying to understand the set, jus trying to see what Phoenix felt-one’s feelings, as much as one tries to suppress them, always show.

Yet nothing was found. Cypher attempted to sigh, yet he was still caught in the loading screen-a small annoyance. It seemed the number of people in the server had indeed reached a point that would affect everyone’s game play. Just as he readied himself for an error or a crash, the field began to materialize.

Wow…

The field was a beacon for the dark and the occult. Terrain began to form, mountains began to spring up, indentation in the ground, spikes, rough area- the land was scarred. To compliment the grounds destroyed status, the sky began to emit thunder wildly, striking the ground with only a few seconds in between each strike. The clouds were dark and plentiful, roaring with fury and anger, yet at the same time letting loose tears-the rain was ever-present and showed no signs of stopping. Oddly enough, the field provided itself as a physical emission of Cypher’s inner soul and the torment it was experience. This portrayal proceeded to make the feelings worse, yet at the same time Cypher knew he’d need to move on to forget. That would be need to serve as his constant reminder, ‘move on, forget!’

And so he tried his best to do so. The first step towards overall improvement was taken. His right boot landed on the wet, muddy ground. Mud had been squished underneath his leather-metal footwear, yet it took an unexpected slide, followed by a small ankle twist-the mud was slick and very slippery, he learned this the hard way. He managed not to fall, mainly by unsheathing his prized Reliance and shoving it into the wet ground, far enough to prove to be a firm holding stick. Ironic that his Reliance seemed to be so reliable in all of his precarious situations.

No, that was wrong. He scolded and reproached himself for such foolish behavior. There he was again, leaning on outside forces in order to keep himself stable-a bad habit developed and done whenever he experienced such feelings as he currently was battling. Once a secure stance had been reached and confirmed, Cypher slowly rose. He let go of the sword, finding his own balance.

“Huh?”

Without any warning-like lighting needed it in the first place- a large, ferocious bolt of electricity struck itself upon the ground, very close to Cypher’s position. The blast created a large flash, enough to cause discomfort, and even a momentary loss of sight. But these adverse effects all dissipated within seconds. All normal as the bolt would try to pass itself as, Cypher knew something was wrong. After the initial blast, sounds and cries could be heard. His current position had him at the foot of a small yet steep hill. Climbing it to the top to see what was going on would be the best idea.

The mud had not proved itself to be an easy surface to climb on, yet Cypher would have to trudge on. Doing his best to not slip like before, took on the tough project. His progress was going well- he had gotten to the mid point of the hill, steep enough from the beginning angle of the hill, yet not as steep as the end he would soon hit- when he saw it. A monster took flight, hovering over the lighting-struck area in an aggressive matter. It’s flight pattern was a circular one, as if something on the ground had been locked into its crosshairs.

A battle…Phoenix!

Sword in hand, Cypher was ready to charge in blind. Yet what was left of his better sense told him to hold on. Phoenix possessed the ability to survive by himself, he was a careful, calculated player. He’d have the battle in no time. First on the list of attacks was a sword skilled, executed well with good form-even though the skills contained their own sequence, unaltered by the player.

Yet something was wrong with the fiend in which Phoenix had engaged in battle with. From Cypher’s perspective, it did not look like a regular monster. Its physical traits were something he’d not seen in the bestiary-even though his knowledge of the bestiary limited itself to all the monsters up to his level and all the impossible-to-beat monsters as well. Seeing as how he was observing the battle from a rather distant point, the confusion over the monster’s appearance could just be him not seeing it clearly.

With that worry left behind, Cypher continued to watch the battler unfold. Yet just as one worry was laid to rest, another emerged, reared its ugly head and began to taunt Cypher-they all have ugly heads. A large bird with fire covering its body presented itself on the battle. Again, this being could be another monster he had never seen, or a familiar one obscured by the distance and darkness of the field. Cypher tried his best to give it good light, yet it was evident this creature was new.

At first he thought it to be an independent foe, fighting on its own, taking part in a heated free for all battle. Yet one could see clearly the bird fought for Phoenix. It provided certain supportive spells and even took blows for Phoenix. Was it possible that this flying creature was a summon? Impossible! Since when was such beast added into the Summoner’s repertoire without him being alerted? Impossible!

It’s something that should be dealt with, thought Cypher. However, it didn’t seem to pose a threat, and in fact proved itself to be an ally by the way it aided Phoenix. And Phoenix was his friend-a fellow blade master, and of the first he met when he decided to play ‘The World’- making Zusaku a friend too.

Maybe the stress of the recent events had created animosity inside Cypher, clouding his thoughts and removing rationalization from his decision making. Either way, administrator’s protocol calls for an analysis of the decision, and calls on aggressive acting only when one is attacked aggressively or other player’s are endangered. Thus is the code, and thus it shall remain to be upheld.

With eagerness, Cypher looked on. He now did not care for the mud or the dirtying potential it had on his clothing- he got on all fours, belly touching the ground, and began to look on. The battle waged on, both sides showing strong opposition to each other. Yet in the end, the victor was slowly beginning to be clear. The unknown foe-whose bloody disfigured body made identification ever worse- charged Phoenix in desperation.

Hit it low Phoe…one sweep to its legs and you’ve got him…
Wishlist: Ends of Earth (11 BM), Black Sharp Angel Wings, BM Swords (Rare/Common)

New sig coming soon!

Cypher
Exalted Player

Post by Cypher » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:33 pm

The battle had reached its apogee. Phoenix, blade in hand, was about to make the culminating move when everything went dark for Cypher. At first he thought he had been disconnected, yet his sound was active and normal. Sound often continued to play even when a user froze, but it would be stuck in a constant loop. This sound kept playing the background music, with foreign, animalistic noises shifting quickly around him. He felt his body roll down and land with a soft thud. Yet the darkness continued- it was more of a haze- for a half a minute more. It seemed he had been blinded.

What the hell!?!?

Cypher began to try and fix his problem, but upon investigating, everything had turned back to normal. Odd, he thought to himself. He would’ve liked to pursue the matter further, but it wasn’t off importance at the moment. Upon recovering his stance, he re-climbed the hill and peaked over. The scene had drastically changed since he took his tumble. Upon looking down, Phoenix’s unconscious body lay sprawled over the grim, muddy landscape. He didn’t seem to be dead, but instead hit by a heavy blow. The fiend he faced was tattered and torn, yet he was still standing and making his way over to Phoenix’s body, weapon in hand.

It didn’t require much though to understand the monster’s interests involved Phoenix’s death. Cypher felt more than compelled to help, and immediately began to unsheathe his sword. Under normal circumstances, he would choose use the Menhir sword, simply because it was the strongest blade he had in his stash- something he needed to update soon. Yet earlier thoughts of Nall and Nighthand triggered memories of past adventures, specifically one that involved Nall and himself. In it, Nall revealed the true power of his thunder blade, The Reliance.

Code: Select all

Reliance Equipped!
The then unknown blade master proceeded to explain how a certain ‘being’ resided inside his blade, and granted the user certain abilities that extended past the normal abilities available to a user in ‘The World.’ The most notable one was a significant speed enhancement, almost double of an Ap Do spell, and the ability for a certain being to come forth and aid in battle. Although Cypher never got to see the being, he had certain felt the speed, and had a few conversations with it. It was all foggy and unclear, since everything was piled up at once. But once the presence of Nall was gone, the Reliance returned to normality.

Yet now it began to glow, the same bluish glow that was emitted when Nall was present. Alarms went off in Cypher’s head, and several questions which he knew could not be answered poured in. Midst his confusion, Cypher temporarily forgot about what he needed to do and the reason for his sword to be drawn, but was quickly reminded when the shrill scream of the creature pierced though his clouded thoughts.

From his semi prone position he sprang upwards and forwards, plummeting down to an almost unwalkable slope leading towards his fellow blade master and friend. He had gained considerable speed with his descent, and found in unnecessary to run down, instead gaining a ‘skating’ position – bend knees, low center of gravity- so that he could slide down the hill. The wet mud help, and even created some slippage, which enhanced his momentum even more.

The slope was abruptly interrupted with a small mound, signaling he had reached the bottom of the mini mountain. From here, he sprung once again, this time straight forward, causing a shot effect towards the monster. Only after Cypher had been but a few meters away from the fiend did it realize of his presence, but this delayed reaction time hindered it from even thinking of guarding or blocking his attack.

Given his amounted speed from his little slide, the time elapsed from the bottom of the mountain to his intended target was almost instantaneous. Cypher kept the Reliance in a stabbing position, aimed just below the heart, straight into the upper gut. This area of attack was chosen mainly because once imbedded, the sword can tare away from either side by way of a skill or plain brute strength. This would cause major bleeding and intern al damage, and allow for a finishing attack, involving either decapitation or a clean slice at legs, rendering the target immobile, and leaving a guaranteed kill.

All this had been planned out by way of previous experience. Yet the plan had stopped form working almost when it began. Upon imbedding the sword inside the monster, a blinding white light followed by a deafening boom caused everything in Cypher’s view to disappear. His ears ringed from the blast and his vision remained white. This state remained for almost a full minute. Slowly, the white blinding veil was lifted, and the darkness of the field began to settle.

His ears also returned to normality, although he could’ve swore a faint ring was still present. He found himself on his back, laying on the ground. A quick check of his heath bar revealed he had sustained no injuries from the blast. Slowly, he got up and inspected his surroundings. Phoennix was still unconscious, the bird was flying around, and his target was also lying on its back, with a sword protruded deep into its chest.

Smoke began to emanate from the sword, the entire sword, hilt and metal, as well as from the body of the monster. His gloves were also smoking, although faintly, hardly comparable to the Reliance-dead body combination. Cypher slowly made his way to Phoenix and decided to inspect him, trying to see if he was alright. He began to give him a few healing spells, but was interrupted by the horrendous cries of a dying animal.

Cypher spun around as soon as he heard the cry, and found the monster to still posses life in its beat up body. It began to get up, and Cypher equipped his Menhir sword to finish the job. Yet something odd happened…the Reliance remained imbedded in the monster’s torso. It did not disappear as soon as Cypher equipped another sword, something that should happen under normal conditions. A quick check of his inventory revealed him to posses no Reliance, something even stranger, seeing as how he did not purposely drop the item.

Full of confusion, Cypher crept to the fiend and gave it one final blow. A stab to its head did the job, as it wailed and slowly decomposed. Done with that little situation, Cypher grabbed the Reliance and turned back to Phoenix.
Wishlist: Ends of Earth (11 BM), Black Sharp Angel Wings, BM Swords (Rare/Common)

New sig coming soon!

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Wed May 03, 2006 7:38 am

Suzaku was slowly regaining consciousness from the Orge Queen’s attack when she saw Cypher killing off the monster. She noticed that Phoenix was on the ground but was unable to determine the extent of his injuries. She quickly scanned the area to see a nearby cave which was probably the dungeon entrance but it wasn’t the castle that they saw during their first visit here. Suzaku got on her feet and flew in the rain to where Phoenix was laying on the ground. She felt pain all around her body as she flew to Phoenix’s body where she realized that he needed help immediately. She knew that she couldn’t drag his body in the mud even if she was at top physical form and had to trust the blademaster Cypher which she remembered from Phoenix’s memories. Suzaku could not talk to Cypher even if she wanted to but her master’s well being was her main priority. She flew in Cypher’s face and once she got his attention, she pointed towards of the cave with a nod.

Suzaku did not have time to realize if Cypher managed to understand what she was trying to get him to do which was to take Phoenix to the cave. She needed to rest as well and decided to head for the cave ahead of Cypher. She arrived at the cave which it did not have anything to be used for a fire and could not risk going deep in the cave to find anything useful. The guardian noticed pieces of wood scatter outside of the cave area. Even though they were wet, it was better than trying to use rocks as kindling for a fire. She used her talons to carry the logs into the cave but she could not light them since the orb that would allow her to breathe fire was not equipped. Suzaku could not keep her eyes open as the wounds from the battle have took their toll on her and collapsed on the cave floor.

The bird woke up to a lively fire which Phoenix and Cypher were sitting around it talking to each other. Phoenix noticed Suzaku waking up and pointed at her like he was introducing her to Cypher. “Hey Suzaku, thank you for everything as Cypher told me that you helped him find this cave and even got kindling for this fire,” Phoenix said to the guardian. You’re welcome, Kazuma-sama. I’ll do anything to help my master in a crisis. You need a shirt, Kazuma-sama. The bird transformed into a shirt for Phoenix to help him to keep warm while covering up the scars. Cypher was confused about the transformation which Phoenix had to explain to him. “Suzaku is my pet who’s able to disguise herself as an article of clothing in order to avoid normal players from seeing her. Also, I’m the only one who’s able to understand her speech. Anyway, I got a feeling that you want to some information on me and the others which is why you probably save me. You couldn’t risk losing a valuable information source after all since we’re old friends and have the same condition. Have you told your superiors in CC Corp about having the Twilight?” Cypher was silent and did not give Phoenix a reply to his deductions. “I see. It was probably a good move after all not to tell or otherwise you’ll be treated as a criminal. It’s time to answer the questions you were asking me earlier before Suzaku woke up?”

Phoenix threw some more wood into the fire before he started to answer Cypher’s questions. “One more thing, my head still hurts. If I start blanking out for a moment, I just need to refocus.” Cypher nod to the statement and paid attention to Phoenix’s conversation.

“First off, I came here because I need to find some answers. I was previously here a week ago which Suzaku and I were transported to a castle in a field of pure white nothingness. At that point, I don’t remember what exactly happened. But from what I do remember, I encountered a person who told me that my infection of the Twilight wasn’t by blind light but actually designed. I was supposed to be infected with it. I was an experimental subject to the Elites which they wanted to use the Twilight to make zombie slaves. Of course, you can see that the experiment didn’t work in the way they wanted but it did have a side effect to it. It created a clone of me and don’t know if I’m the real Phoenix or not.” Phoenix took a short pause and clenched his fist before continue talking to Cypher.

“Due to the modified Twilight’s influence, the scars that you saw around my body earlier won’t go away by any healing spell or item. These scars are from various attacks I took before and after I received this curse. It must be some twisted ironic fate for the curse to remind me that it’s always around waiting to devour my soul completely. So now, my battle with the Elites is now personal which is probably more personal than the all-mighty leader, Nall himself.” The fire was cracking and popping as Phoenix continued on his conversation with Cypher.

“You see, Nall is not the most trustworthy guy in all of existence. Not even his greatest follow, Gingitsune has his complete trust. He just appears and disappears when he feels like it. When he does appear, he tells us to go somewhere without telling us any details which usually catches us unprepared. I’m surprised that we haven’t died yet from all this. I probably think that the others do trust Nall because they have been with him longer which it doesn’t help me at all. I don’t have that blind trust in Nall that they have and managed to anger some of them with my actions towards him. The ones called Nighthand, Asgard, and Hijinx are surrounded by the same level of mystery as Nall is. The Freedom Fighters have their own agendas which are similar to the Elites but the difference between them and us is that they are very powerful by themselves while we aren’t that powerful by ourselves. It would take all of us to even fight one Elite equally and that wouldn’t give us absolute victory over them.” Phoenix notices that the thunderstorm has stopped which a nice orange sun covers the outside landscape.

“Just a few more things before I head off. Do you always wonder why CC Corp hasn’t tried to fight against the Elites? Well, I’ll tell you the reason. Basically, they know that they are powerless to stop them and tried to get us instead since we’re a little bit easier to defeat and captured. At the same time, they know that we are probably the only ones who can combat the Elites. So they just make it show that they’re trying to protect the World from every threat which the reality of the situation that they only can catch the small fry and make sure that the true severity of the situation isn’t reveal to the general public. Well, I don’t want you to look like a criminal but you need to decide if you want to fight the Elites or just follow orders from CC Corp and just watch from the sidelines. They will find out soon. Well it’s time for me to go. Thanks for taking care of me and my guardian. Goodbye, Cypher.

Phoenix exits the cave and attempts to gate out of the field but nothing happens. Before he could turn his back to Cypher to ask him what’s going on, he realized the source of the problem in front of him. A guy dressed in a green cloak and hood with a black tight shirt with rugged pants was in front of Phoenix.. The mysterious guy spoke to Phoenix. “It seems that my employer was right about your location. It saved me the time to find you. I’m the bounty hunter, Lagistu which I was hired to eliminate the Scourge of the World, Phoenix by any means necessary. I see that CC Corp mod, Cypher is around as well. I will eliminate him as well as my employer wanted to kill off anyone near Phoenix.

Lagistu put his hood down which his reveal was a pretty boy face with blonde hair which just annoyed Phoenix as he began to charge towards him with the Matoi sword. Lagistu just stood there as Phoenix continued to head towards him. It seems that Lagistu was not worried at Phoenix charging at him which just made Phoenix angry at him even more. Suddenly, Phoenix’s movement was stopped which he could not moved at all and felt being squeezed by something. Then something threw Phoenix very far away from Lagistu and Cypher. Phoenix could not understand what threw him so far away until a monster appeared in front of him. It was a combination of a Tetra Armor and a Red Scissors which it had a pincher for a left arm, most of the Tetra Armor’s body, and the shell of the Red Scissors.

Before Phoenix could get his bearings straight, a square rocky barrier surrounds both Phoenix and the Tetra Scissors which cannot be easily climbed and an invisible barrier denies any access from above. Lagistu turns towards Cypher and says, “Even with his powers, Phoenix cannot easily defeat Tetra Scissors in a confined area. You will face against me as I always wanted to see how fast I can defeat a mod. Don’t worry; this will be a one on one fight. Come and show me what you got.” Lagistu extends his knives which come out from his hands.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Wed May 03, 2006 7:40 pm

Phoenix was facing off against a monster which was made up of a Red Scissors and Tetra Armor in an almost enclosed area which there was no ceiling. He had to escape from the area so he could help Cypher in fighting against Lagistu but the monster stood in his way. Suzaku, I need you to leave the area and help Cypher with Lagistu. I will be there as soon as I can. Don’t worry about me. Go now. Suzaku transformed back into her bird form and attempts to leave the enclosed area only to find out that a barrier was surrounding it. Kazuma-sama, there’s a barrier surrounding the top. I am unable to break through the barrier. I’m going to cast Ap Do on you and going to be your shirt again. The guardian cast Ap Do on Phoenix before going back to her current disguise form as a shirt to hide Phoenix’s scars.

The Tetra Scissors attack Phoenix with the mace right hand which he quickly avoided but he ran into one of the rocky walls. He immediately realized that the confined area limited his movements and doesn’t have the power to outmuscle the monster. Not even his gravity power would be effective on the monster as it would cripple him so much that even if he defeated the monster, he would not be much help against Lagistu. His only option was to attack the monster constantly that it would not have time to make an effective counterattack. “GAN REVOLVER!”

Phoenix’s sword became a blade of stone as he spinned while charging towards the monster’s front side. The attack was immediately blocked by the Tetra Scissors’s mace. After the attack sequence ended, Phoenix was immediately captured by the left pincher arm of the monster. Both he and Suzaku were being affected by the squeezing of the monster which both a human and bird screams were being emitted. Phoenix was unable to use his sword to break free but he thought up another way to escape from the grip. “VAK KRUZ!” The fiery embers surround the pincer and all converge on it at the same moment. The impact of the embers caused an explosion which caused the monster to release its grip on Phoenix. “RUE KRUZ!” The icy spear attack surrounded the monster as it acted as a disversion for Phoenix to regroup long enough to think up of a plan to defeat the monster.

Phoenix retreated back towards one of the walls while the Tetra Scissors was recovering from the Vak and Rue Kruz attacks. At this rate, the monster will defeat me. With limited mobility and lack of magical strength, I have no real chance to defeat this mon… Suddenly his pet began to speak to him. Kazuma-sama, don’t give up so easily. I think there is a way to defeat it but it’s rather risky. What is it, Suzaku? I’m willing to do anything at this point. Phoenix listen to Suzaku’s plan which he gave a face of doubt on his face after hearing it. You’re right about being this plan is risky but it just might work. At this point, he sheathed his sword and waited for the monster to attack him.

The Tetra Scissors made its attack on Phoenix with its mace once again but he easily avoid it with his half gravity mode being in effect towards the monster’s right side. While the monster tried to quickly adjust its body to make another attack, Phoenix leaped behind the monster’s shell. He could have easily made an attack at the monster but it wouldn’t hurt its shell along with that it wasn’t part of the plan to attack its behind. Once again, Phoenix waited for the monster to make another attack on him while having no sword in his hands at the moment. The Tetra Scissors finally managed to readjust its body to make a frontal attack on Phoenix. This time, the monster attacked with its pincer which Phoenix quickly gave a smile. He used his enhanced magical and gravity based speed to get next to the monster’s left side and grab its left arm. Then he applied his gravity powers on the Tetra Scissors itself to reduce its weight by one-half. Phoenix used the monster’s force along with his own strength to throw the monster to the ground.

The Tetra Scissors’s shell was implanted into the ground which it was unable to get back up since the pincer and mace were useless along with its legs being unable to touch the ground. The monster was trying to escape from its current situation but unable to do so as Phoenix repeatedly slashed at it with the Matoi sword. After a couple of minutes of slashing the monster, Phoenix managed to defeat the Tetra Scissors which split into thousands of pieces. As the pieces of the monster faded away from the field, the rocky walls began to sink back into the ground. Phoenix could not believe the sight that he saw as there was smoke everywhere. His field of vision was extremely limited at the moment. Phoenix decided to have Suzaku to take an aerial view of the area before deciding on the next course of action. He healed himself with La Repth which also healed the injuries that Suzaku had as well.

Suzaku was high in the air trying to find the current whereabouts of Cypher and Lagistu when she saw something that was big and tall in the area. The thing was within the smoke cloud so she could not get a clear look at the thing. She could not even tell if the thing was alive or not. The bird immediately decided to head back towards Phoenix to tell him what she has found. Suzaku descend towards Phoenix and went back into her disguise as a shirt. Kazuma-sama, I found something very big within the smoke cloud.

Before Phoenix could talk back to his guardian, the ground suddenly shook as the cloud began to disperse. The dispersal of the cloud brought an odd smell to Phoenix. This smell is not something normally existed in the World but in reality, it was a familiar smell in the battlefield. That smell was gunpowder along with some traces of gasoline as well. A second later, the source of the shaking was revealed which was what Suzaku saw in the air but what she did not know was that the thing was actually a giant robot.

The robot was mostly covered in black with red stripes that ran along the arms and the body. It was mostly human like but with blocky shoulders and feet. The head of the robot was featureless except for its eyes as it had a dark red glow emitted from them. A loud booming voice was suddenly transmitted from the robot. “I see that you defeated Tetra Scissors and still look like you have lots of energy left. That’s what I expected from the Scourge of the World himself. Your friend put up quite a fight that it made me to summon the weapon was going to use to fight you against. In the end though, he wasn’t much of a challenge against my robot, Sixth. Before I forget, here’s your friend.”

The robot’s left hand opened up to release a lifeless body which fell to the ground. Phoenix tried to catch the body before it could impact on the ground but he was unable to catch it in time. He examines the body which he finds out that it was Cypher and that he was not going to wake up anytime soon. He was relieved that he was not completely deleted from the game but he needs help very soon. At that point, Phoenix took Cypher’s body to the cave so he would not be caught in the battle. After that, he began to charge at Lagistu’s robot, Sixth for revenge of his friend and ally, Cypher.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:41 pm

Phoenix has been in some crazy battles during his time in the World regardless if he was trapped in the game itself or not. This time however, he would have to agree that the enemy he was facing has to be the craziest yet. Even though there are enemies in the World that are mechanical in origin, there has not been a mechanical enemy that easily towers most buildings. Phoenix has seen this enemy before but only on anime back when he was a kid. He used to dream that he piloted one of those giant robots and fight evil but now he has to fight one but without the aid of a giant robot himself or a way to grow to the size of it. This battle would have appeal to Phoenix at another time but right now, it wasn’t fun at all. The robot’s pilot took out Cypher with the power of the robot and was going to do the same to Phoenix if he had his way.

Phoenix was charging at the Sixth with no particular plan at all as seeing Cypher’s body like that cause him to go into berserker mode. Suzaku try to get Phoenix to calm down but her words had no effect on him. Kazuma-sama has lost it once again. I got a bad feeling about this. Normally, I would not be worry about this battle if he was calm and collective but in this state of mind, he is reckless and willing to take injuries. I think this time I need to take drastic measures if Kazuma-sama is going to survive this battle. Phoenix continued to charge at the Sixth which the robot began to fire its guns on its chest at him. He did not even move to dodge the bullets as they pierced into Suzaku which forced her to leave Phoenix and flew away from the area.

I cannot believe you would normally allow letting me get injured this way. The only reason he is acting like this is because he failed to protect Cypher like so many in his past that he blames himself for being unable to protect. I really fear for his life now. After Suzaku left Phoenix, he proceed with a jump at half gravity. Once he reached the highest point of the jump, he activated the Gan Break attack. Before he could even get touch the robot with his rocky sword, its left hand grabbed him and threw him down hard to the ground. Phoenix was in much pain from the gunshots and being forced hard to the ground which the half gravity reduced some of the shock of the impact but he was still in pain. Lagistu’s voice was booming throughout the field as Phoenix continued to lie on the ground.

“I can’t believe this. I hoped to have a better battle against the so-called Master of Gravity but you’re no Scourge of the World. You’re just pathetic. You don’t even deserve another second of my time. I think I’ll leave your body like this. You’re not worth killing at all. Your friend, Cypher, was worth killing but I let him live. Goodbye, Phoenix.” There was a brief pause before he suddenly speak once again.

“That’s would I do if it was up to me but it’s not. My client wants your character data permanently deleted and I always follow my client’s orders to the letter. Now die in the most embarrassing way possible. Being stomped like an ant.” After Phoenix hearing Lagistu’s words, he saw him raising the Sixth’s left leg preparing for the stomp. Phoenix at this point thought that he was about to die but as his life was about to flash in his eyes when he heard the voice of his guardian.

Kazuma-sama, I hate to admit it but the way you fought just now was just pathetic. You even ignore my safety as you blindly charged at the Sixth. I have put up with a lot of reckless decisions by you but this one takes the cake. You got to stop trying to protect everyone all the time while ignoring the injuries to your body. There are times where you need to risk your body and right now is not the time to do so. I know seeing Cypher like that made you mad but it was not your fault. You could not save him since we had to fight a monster at the time. He came here on his own will and knew the risks involved. He could have left at any time but he did not. Stop blaming yourself for the injuries of others. Stop injuring your body recklessly. Now be the Kazuma-sama that I know you can.

At that point, Suzaku’s words made something click within Phoenix’s head. Oh god, she’s right. That was pathetic. I was really stupid in doing a full head-on charge at a giant robot. It’s time for me to regain my pride as a warrior and really show that I can defeat a giant robot but my body hurts so much right now. Trying to use my gravity powers on the Sixth would just do me more harm than good but I have nothing else to try. Wait a minute; I just need only to affect the left leg. Everything else would be a waste of energy. I hoped that I can really do this or it would be over.

Phoenix saw the left foot over top of him and quickly knew that he would not be able to get out of the way in time. He cast La Repth on him which also healed Suzaku from the gunshot wounds she suffered earlier. He got into a crouching position as the foot began to descend onto Phoenix which at that point, he raised his arms and began to focus on altering the gravity of the leg. He began to felt the pain of using his powers but soon realized that it was affecting the entire robot not just the left leg. No, I can’t alter the gravity of this huge thing all at once. It’s too much for me. Please I want to survive. I must alter the gravity of just the leg. I will survive so I can leave the game and return to real life once again.

After Phoenix said that thought in his head, the Ingraz symbol on his right hand began to grow. The pain of his powers quickly reduced as he was reducing the gravity of the left leg to one-tenth of normal gravity and not the entire robot. The left leg’s descent was greatly slow down which allow Phoenix to use his strength to make the robot to go backwards down on the ground. Even though the leg of greatly reduced in weight, it took nearly all of his strength to cause the robot to fall down to the ground. After the Sixth fell down, Phoenix took a couple of hops backwards. Then he said the following to Lagistu, “You were right. I was pathetic just now. You also made me realized something just now. I realized that I was sacrificing my body too much and want to live now. I have to thank you for activating a new aspect of my powers. Now get up. It’s time to show what I can really do.”

Phoenix drew out his sword as he waited for the Sixth to stand back up. I promised that this battle won’t go like the last one, Suzaku. I have a plan already thought up and you’re going to play an important part of it. Let’s show him what our power can really do.

Before Phoenix and Suzaku could amount an attack on the Sixth, the sky became very dark as a bright light materialized between the Sixth and Phoenix. The light became subdued and reveals a person floating in the air. The person was wearing a mask along with a blue cape with a black armor suit. He seemed familiar to Phoenix but could not figure out where he has met this person. Phoenix did not have much time to think about the person’s identity as the person fired a mysterious beam at the Sixth. The robot began to change color which is making it to move erratically. A few moments later, Lagistu was forcibly out of the Sixth as the color change of the robot was almost complete. After the robot became completely red, it attacked its former master by stomping on him a few times with its right leg.

Lagistu was bloody and beaten but he had a sliver of life left. He looked up at the mysterious player and said to him, “Why…? You hired me to take him out. What did you do the Sixth?” The mysterious player floated to the Sixth and stood on top of its head and used its microphone to speak.

“Lagistu, you were just a mere pawn. I just needed for you to bring out your robot. Even though I want Phoenix dead, he still has something to do. Also, I had a feeling that you couldn’t defeat him anyway. He may be a crazy berserker at times but he can have flashes of genius. I got what I needed and now I will be going now. Before I leave, here’s a consolation prize for your services." He fires a beam at Lagistu which causes him extreme pain.

“Oh, that beam is basically erasing your character data. You’re not worthy of the same treatment that he has to endure.” The mysterious player and the Sixth disappeared in a blue and red flash of light. Phoenix and Suzaku went towards the slowly decaying Lagistu. He knelled down and looked at him. He never wanted to see anybody to go through the pain that he and the others have felt in their time trapped in the World. Lagistu looked at him and wonder why he looked so sad. He tried to speak to him but could not get the words out. So he decided to send him a Flashmail instead.

Flashmail
To: Phoenix

Why do you look sad? I tried to kill you. Just now, I think you aren’t really the Scourge of the World. My employer on the other hand, is the Scourge of the World. I can’t believe that I was fooled so easily. I just wanted to fight evil in my own way. I always wanted to pilot a giant robot fighting against evil but I guess I can’t do that now.

End Flashmail

After reading the flashmail, Phoenix spoke to Lagistu. “I see that you are a good person in your heart but your methods go against the rules though. I wished I was a normal player now but I have these powers in order to fight a very great evil. I promise to take out the Sixth and that mysterious player for you. I’ll make sure the Sixth won’t hurt anyone else. Maybe you should try fighting evil the correct way without giant robots. Start anew and become a role model for others. You have a just heart.” Lagistu sent Phoenix another flashmail.

Flashmail
To: Phoenix

You’re right. I’ll start anew and used my natural strength to fight evil. I’ll become a great hero someday. Thank you for being by my side just now. I’m sorry about for what I did to your friend. I hoped he will be alright. One more thing, take my shirt and cloak. It’s the least I can do for you. Maybe we’ll meet each other again one day.

End Flashmail

Phoenix removed Lagistu’s shirt and cloak from him. A second later, Lagistu’s character data shattered into a million pieces and disappeared. The shirt and cloak managed to survive since it was separated from Lagistu just before his character data disappeared forever. Phoenix put on the shirt and cloak which he needed a new shirt to cover up the sea of scars on his back and chest. He put up the hood of the cloak so no one could recognize him and also he thought it looked cool. Phoenix had Suzaku send an encrypted flashmail to the CCCorp administration to pick up Cypher. After she sent the flashmail, Phoenix said to her telepathically. This day is more of an unexpected rebirth than finding answers. I managed to get a new power, mindset, and clothes. There are many questions that still don’t have answers but those questions will be answered someday. Let’s rest for a while before going back to the group, Suzaku.

Suzaku transformed into her disguised necklace form before she and Phoenix left the field. I hoped that Kazuma-sama can maintain this stability of the mind for a while. I need to prepare for the day when I need to remove the darkness surrounding Kazuma-sama. The duo both disappeared from the field as the three golden rings took them to Dun Loireag.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster