Talk about anything you want here, just keep it clean, thank you!

Moderator: Nighthand

Hijinx
Exalted Player

The Hijinx Gripe Thread

Post by Hijinx » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:54 am

Prank-A mischievous trick or practical joke.

Apparently a few people don't quite understand the meaning of this word, or they wouldn't be bothering the friendly neighborhood Admin about them. To make it easier on Nighthand, I'm making this thread so you can whine directly to me if you suffer a grievious indignity at the hands of my character. Feel free to post your issues with me here and I'll be sure to check them at my earliest possible convenience! :bunny:
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."

Armina
Exalted Player

Post by Armina » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:13 am

*snickers*
Level 33
Skills: JukRepulse (WoodL2), RaiWipe (ThunderL2), RueKruz(1:S:Water), DekGanz (dec. Earth), RaiRom (1:Thunder), Repth, RipTeyn
Specials: LifeDrain
Items: 4Antidote, 2Restorative, 23Health Drink, 10Mage'sSoul, 5Ressurect

Reinier
Awakened Player

Post by Reinier » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:12 am

Trust me, we all understand what a prank is. Let me point out a key word in our little definition.

JOKE

Nothing you do is funny, not in the least. I'm pretty sure when I speak for more then half the board when I say I'm tired of it. I hate the fact that a lot of us are here putting at least half an asses worth of effort to attempt to get better at what we do, and meanwhile you're here just taking up space.

You consistantly mess with other people's characters, characters we've logged in a lot of time to try and make the best we can because we CARE, without second thought.

Quit your shit and start improving already. At this point, if you tried to register on the Subplots you wouldn't make it without having to do many, MANY edits and revisions. At this point, it's just not fair to anyone. You can't just go around doing whatever you feel like. Just fix it, or leave.
Last edited by Reinier on Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reinier's Wishlist: Sakabatou|Sharktooth
Abraxas' Wishlist: Complementry|Summon
The Hack's Wishlist: Wall lvl 2

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:44 pm

On most boards this would be marked as attention getting and locked. Except here, where it's a legitimate board-wide issue.

Don't hold back to spare his feelings, people, I want this resolved.

As for me, I'm tired of how little you actually contribute to the forum while still having the attitude that you're a major player. Posting half as often as anyone else, at best, isn't a major player. Posting the bare minimum to get by and stay in isn't a major player.

Not to mention everything we discuss every time about the inherent ability in your hack that has no in-game limits. Which, frankly, the only reason I haven't taken away yet is out of some fading respect of the old days, where lax rules worked.

And how I've already mentioned to you the relative length of your posts compared to the board-wide average. Short posts aren't bad, on their own. It's that what you do in them is more often pranking our party and being counterproductive than it is getting anything accomplished in the thread. I can't remember the last time you contributed to solving a puzzle, and this thread is a rarity with how much you've added to battles.

How often do you actually get permission to, say, scribble on someone's face with marker? Not with me, with the people upon whom you scribble? Half the time your attitude is "i'm doing this to you, and don't try to ignore me or i'll do worse things."

Which brings me to another point we talk about constantly, being how you push the rules as far as you can get them to go. No, no where on the board does it say "don't physically alter a character's appearance without their permission first", because it's commonly accepted role playing etiquette. No where will you find a "post more than the minimum requirement" rule, but it's generally a nice thing when you actually try to contribute rather than use whatever active quest it is to just barely stay here. There's no "don't create items for your own amusement that aren't within the setting of the roleplay", because it's just not something people do.

And yet you do it all with no remorse, no forethought, your only permission being "they didn't say no." Even, sometimes, when they did.

As I said to you last night and I'll say again here, you are simply an immature roleplayer and you lack the common sense and roleplaying etiquette that the rest of us either had to know in order to get into the board in the first place, or learned as the board grew and improved.

Zan
Exalted Player

Post by Zan » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:44 pm

The issues I have with you are well known to both you and anybody in Main who has ever had even partial contact with me. My biggest problem with you, as mentioned before and in this thread, is that most of the time your half-assed, short-as-hell posts just involve insults or attempts with your Godly, unlimited hack to piss one of us off. And should we ignore your blatant idiocy? You make it worse, you persist like a child.

As a person, in general, I have no issues with you. As a Roleplayer? You offer up absolutely no help in persisting in our tasks. "But I helped Rayo with his spell" you say? Right, with a "how the hell did he do that?" magnification of Rayo's spell that you had apparently made up on the spot.

Whenever we want a development in our hacks, we have to push them through Nighthand and get about ten different alterations because of his natural strictness. It's fine, I don't mind. Mostly all of us have to. You? You can just think something sounds cool and do it, most of the time for no other reason than to try to be funny. You lack one thing that would make any of your bullshit funny - making us laugh. You may make some snicker or chuckle from time to time, but mostly you're just making us wish your computer would explode.

You are one of the older members, and I know Nights' nostalgia gives you some comfort, but if you're not going to stop being so God damn immature all the time and actually give us a helping hand in the quests with a hack that isn't spastic and Godly, just do yourself and this board a favor and get the hell out of here.

I, like most I'd hope, am willing to forget all of the annoyance and tension if you start making these changes. If you're not willing to, just leave.
Lv. 50 Heavy Blade
Wishlist
Special: Levels, GR Sendai, PL Sakai, Darklore.
W: Tonosama Sword, Mineuchi, Jundachi.
A: Samurai Helm, Able Hands, Rare Greaves.
I: Holy Sap, Treebane, Cooked Bile, Nightbane.
EX: Elemental Summon (Lv. 2), Overdrive (Lv.1), Elemental Attacks (Lv. 2), Enhance Dark, Elemental Breath (Lv. 2).

Dien
Exalted Player
Class: Blademaster

Post by Dien » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:26 pm

So much negativity, and all he's trying to do is have a little fun...

...huh, how come no one's laughing. I know I'm not. Jinx, your pranks tend to breech a piece of common roleplaying etiquette (and nighthand touched upon this): godmodding. Godmodding is when you control someone else's character without their permission: you do this incredibly often. Usually the effects of your godmods are bypassable through some manner (e.g. metabolizing the ink of scribbled-on faces), but some of them have ill effects which require the character's resources to correct (e.g. breaking someone's nose as you push them down to sit on them). I understand you are just trying to provide amusing circumstances for our characters, but a general rule of roleplay is that aside from what the gamemaster dictates, circumstances of any character must be defined by will of the one (1) person controlling that character. This means that you can't make someone else blind unless they consent to it, or pretty much anything else (generally, if it's going to affect another character, make sure you get the clearance of that character's owner before it happens).

Another thing I've noticed: do you read all of the posts (at least enough to know the basics of what has happened)? Or do you at least know the basic mechanics of people's hacks? Some of your brief descriptions (from what I've seen) seem to dictate otherwise, so I'd suggest either proving that you know who you're working with and what you're dealing with, or if you don't know learning about it.

My biggest gripe? You told me once that your character cannot feel pain. BULLSHIT. That is one of the most basic and fundamental pieces of being trapped in the game from my understanding of it, and you're getting rid of it. If you don't want pain and/or fatigue, go back to subs.

My suggestions? Your character, from what I've seen, is one of the more interesting and curious figures in the game. This is a good thing, but unless I'm starting to learn more about her, unless she actually has a human side and has a reason why she is the way she is, unless she has a backstory and more personality than just the prankster; simple peculiarity gets old and, well, obnoxious. My suggestion, in addition to improving your length and posting speed, is to start revealing to us why your character is the way she is. I've been working my tail off since the beginning of my experience in mainplot to develop a story for Dien and expand his character, and your apparent lack of story is frustrating me to no end.

You're not a bad person, Jinx, you just need to learn a few things about roleplaying in a group is all.
Image|||Level 35 Blademaster (+200 EXP)
Wishlist: EXP, Ends of Earth, Armor with Status Effects

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:43 pm

For those who aren't aware, there's nothing godly about a snowball or whipped cream. As far as the reference to Rayo and blinding him, he did consent to that, and I've purposely avoided doing things that alter others people's appearances. The only exception I can remember to that was scribbling on people who were UNCONSCIOUS. At no point have I damaged OR controlled another person in order to accomplish something unless they were asked as well. Go ahead and actually read my posts, if you think you know what you're talking about, I'm sure there won't be any problem finding evidence to support your claim.

Now then, character developement. I actually am planning on advancing Hijinx's story after the current quest, but there's nothing else I can do but wait until it's over. I've also started to contribute to battles more recently, not that anybody but nighthand noticed. You want to complain about hijinx being immature, I find that amusing, coming from people who are so absorbed in their angst filled characters that they wouldn't recognize a happy one. I'm not obligated to change my character because everyone else wants to run around being depressed and cynical. Maybe I should demand that everyone else smile at least once every few posts, I'm sure that would be just as fair as what you're asking...

Dien, I hate subs, and never go there if I can help it. But you are right about the pain thing, which is why I would like to point out that I was playing around with you in that AIM conversation :P . She can feel it, but I forgot to get back to you on that and tell you I was kidding *salutes*. Sorry about that! :oops: Also, I make it a point to read all of the posts, but I do get confused pretty easily.

I don't know where you heard that I did things after they said no, Nighthand, but that's a malicious lie. I have, however, argued with people on occasion for doing something they didn't agree with after the fact.

In closing, I would like to point out that the supposed power hijinx has exist in theory only, and that I have no intention of using anywhere near the full extent of it. Meanwhile, Zan, while you try to give me a hard time about making cookies, you have punched through rock and thrown buildings, while pheonix has used gravity in ways it could never possibly work(look under "flaming tornado").

Good news though, my word count should be improving soon! I've gotten my writing spirit back, though I do wish someone would post something interesting for once.

Lets go for round two now then!
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms

Zan
Exalted Player

Post by Zan » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:00 pm

Punching through rock is in no way a big deal, Jinx. Zan's hack is based in strength. The throwing building thing was not only ok'd by Nighthand, but a one time only thing. My power has normal fucking limits. Yours are based, should they actually have any, to the extent of your damn imagination. That isn't a hack. That's a child's play toy that allows you to indulge your bull all the time. As for doing things people have said no to? There are plenty of examples, one being actions against a person that you say exceed. Like, a minor one but still relevant, ruffling Zan's hair. In my post, I didn't allow it to happen. Why? Because Zan would never let you. You CONSTANTLY DO THAT to people. You did draw on Zan's face, yes, but as a predator he's hyper alert and would have woken up before you got more than a dab on him or the steak...thing (something I didn't do because I knew it'd just provoke your immaturity further).

It doesn't matter that you're simply making cookies, the fact is that you demonstrate that you can make anything you want out of thin air. That, if you'd focus your brain long enough on what we've been saying, is why we're so annoyed. And yes, you've been helping in combat recently, with spells not ok'd by Nighthand and simply another list on your endless supply of powers. Example being what you did to his summon, seeing as you're so desperate for proof.

Oh, and saying we're all cynical and depressed? My character has had plenty of happy times, you just haven't been with him when he's had them. Zan is going through plenty of shit and, spinning the arrow back at you, he can't be an obnoxious X-overdosed prank-freak all the time. I don't care if you're always happy. What I care about is you getting your jollies from pissing other people off. All it's done is make you unwanted and a laughing stock in Main. Very few, if any, have any ounce of respect for you. You're a level 30 whatever (did you even drop your levels when you became a Fist Fighter), but for now you may as well be a level one Wavemaster with Down Syndrom.

Grow up, write more, and confine your character to limits we all have to deal with.

[EDIT] Mr. Hand informed me he did okay your random Summon thing with Rayo. And yet the fact remains that you're allowed to do that just because our Admin has a soft spot for the old days. We're still annoyed with it, we're still tired of it. Just because you've stuck around doesn't mean you should be allowed to do shit Nighthand would laugh at us for requesting.
Last edited by Zan on Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:09 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Lv. 50 Heavy Blade
Wishlist
EX: Elemental Summon (Lv. 2), Overdrive (Lv.1), Elemental Attacks (Lv. 2), Enhance Dark, Elemental Breath (Lv. 2).

Dien
Exalted Player
Class: Blademaster

Post by Dien » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:01 pm

The main reason I ask how much you actually read posts and know what people's hacks are is that one post (and I may be mistaken) where you scribbled on our faces: you had Zan in a perpetual state of werewolfdom which you said, if I'm correct, made it hard to draw on him through the fur. I will have to double check, but this makes me question whether or not you know the true nature of Zan's transforming abilities due to the fact that he only ever goes Clabro or Garou when in combat, or if it's something his normal body can't endure. I'll go find that post, but again, I may be mistaken.

EDIT: To be specific:
Zan posed a slight problem, being so furry, but the innovative fist-fighter snapped her fingers after a second of thought and ran off. When she returned, she had a steaming steak in one bowl and water in the other, both of which had Zan's name mysteriously etched into them.
So my memory was flawed: you didn't actually draw on him, but that was because you thought of his state as being perpetually wolf and consistently furry. It may have been one mistake, but your reputation doesn't help that thought (with much regret that I can't trust it to be just a mistake, as well).
Image|||Level 35 Blademaster (+200 EXP)
Wishlist: EXP, Ends of Earth, Armor with Status Effects

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:16 pm

See, this is where it's important that you actually read the post. I purposely avoided drawing on zan, opting to leave it open ended, he wrote that in himself. All I did was leave a dog bowl with a steak. I did sacrifice my 2 levels, thank you very much, but I also earned two in that same quest, so it was negated. I'm sorry if your pride was so wounded by getting your hair ruffled after you claimed you were asleep too. *pats* Would you like a treat now?

Now for Hacking with Hijinx!

Hijinx has had the ability to do that with spells for some time now, since she was made, in fact. They also cost considerably more sp. Generally speaking, the only change in the spell itself is graphically. Maybe if you had spoken to me about it yourself you would have known that. While amplifying Rayo's spell was a new thing, I do believe that was checked with Nighthand as well. In case this isn't noticed either, the effects of doing that tend to be pretty painful and impairing, which is how I intend to make it too risky to use.

Fun Fact!

If for some reason you get pranked, Hijinx tends to be open to retalliation. Just a little something to consider.

Reinier
Awakened Player

Post by Reinier » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:17 pm

Kudos for your rebuttle on all my points. You had some good points, indeed.

Oh yeah, you ignored it. Like our posts in quest. I do believe I see a trend...

Right, now then, to elaborate on Nighthand's "You're not a major player," speech. Here's a log on some of what you've posted in the most recent quest:

Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:35 am
Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:26 pm
Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:57 pm
Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:54 am
Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:01 pm
Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:31 pm

Wow, stellar posting record... Let's take a look at the penalties of being such an overachiever such as yourself:

Missing one round (i.e. one week): degraded rewards for each week missed.
Missing one month: severely degraded rewards, possibly none at all depending on other performance.
Missing two months: no rewards for the quest you missed, and you'll probably need to do a solo or something like it to explain why, IC, you disappeared.
Missing three months: You're gonna need a solo, and you come back on a probation-type deal, so get back into your groove quick.
Missing four or more months: Why are you even still in Main? If you disappear for four or more months without once managing to contact me, you shouldn't be here. Back to subs with you. You'll have to prove you can be here before you can come back.

If we were to total all the days you missed, just in the small section of newest to oldest to a point, you'd have to go to subs to attempt to rejoin main. Why be in main if you're going to post so little? At this point, you're already not getting rewards because, let's face it, your posts have sucked beyond belief.

In fact, you've pretty much broken the three golden rules of being in main: Speed, Quality, Reliability. Your not fast, obviously, at posting your... "work." The quality that you DO post is that of a third grader. And finally, you're not reliable. Main is geared towards team work now, not brute force and show boating.

We really wouldn't mind you all that much if you started throwing in detail in your posts, and actually having a hack that's limited. Everyone's made sacrifices for their hacks, all for the greater good. You're more or less just a cheater in this forum, throwing off the balance of the rest of us. We're tired of it, and we don't want excuses anymore. We just want results, either with you here or leaving. If you keep it up, you'll eventually just be kicked out of Main, no ultimatums like you're being offered now, just the curb. Out of any combination of events that come from this, we will be happy. You might not me, but we will be.

Visual:

Needs and Wants of Many
Needs and Wants of One
Reinier's Wishlist: Sakabatou|Sharktooth
Abraxas' Wishlist: Complementry|Summon
The Hack's Wishlist: Wall lvl 2

Zan
Exalted Player

Post by Zan » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:23 pm

You're such a child, Jinx. My pride wasn't wounded. You Godmodded, simple as that. I don't care how small. I wouldn't care that you did it, actually, if your little Godmods weren't so spread out of your existence in Main. As for retaliation...we have better things to do then indulge your immaturity. Like post and not suck.

You're a waste of our space. You're a waste of our time. As Reinier has said, if Nighthand put you on the same level as everyone (as he should) you'd be a glob of patheticness placed in Subs and out of our hair. What a nice world that'd be.

Until you have to face all we have to face, until you are under the restrictions we are, you may as well not be here.
Lv. 50 Heavy Blade
Wishlist

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:51 pm

I'd like to point out that your obvious hostility isn't helping your arguement and that you're in no position to be offering ultimatums, especially since you're not a GM or admin here. As far as post quality is concerned, I'd like to know if you're refering to spelling and grammar or just descriptive ability. I know I have issues with descibing things. I don't even talk to people unless I need to know something for the most part. I have a wonderful idea though. Maybe instead of growling and throwing stones, you and zan, who seems particularly annoyed by the fact that I exist, would like to help me improve? If it's such an inconvenience, surely you would be willing to lend a poor little jinx a hand... :flopsy:

Zan, I realize you can't help yourself, but maybe you should try being a little more specific. "Post and don't suck" doesn't really help anyone, you know?

Zan
Exalted Player

Post by Zan » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:54 pm

I believe we've offered up ways to make you less aggrivating to the public in about ten different fashions in this thread. Read over them all, ignore the angry parts, and you'll generally get what we ask from you.

Again, as we've said, it isn't really you Jinx. You're fine. It's how you choose to RP and hopefully this thread has opened your eyes to the fact that your pranks are humoring little more than yourself (and maybe another individual or two). It was "fun" while it lasted, but let's try to move on, hmm?
Lv. 50 Heavy Blade
Wishlist

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:02 am

That's what the character does, it's the personallity of Hijinx. While most of the players are introspective, she's loud and obnoxious. I'll see what I can do to balance my key hack with nighthand though, especially since I need the growth. Thanks for calming down, I appreciate it :D . You'll get farther being nice than waving threats at me and breathing fire in my direction, afterall*nudges reinier*.