Enter the World through the Lambda Server

Moderator: Nighthand

Sekai
Ikkitousen
Class: Archer

Post by Sekai » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:59 am

What could she do? If she left the tablet and chest there in the corner and joined the battle... something told her that she shouldn't expect it to be there when she came back to show everyone after this opponent was destroyed. Fretting wasn't going to get her anywhere anytime soon sadly and she couldn't decide what the best course of action would be. Those who'd been killed were revived by another party member, generally rendering her Rip Maen spell she'd been ready to start using unneeded. Biting her lip and wishing strongly for strength that she didn't have at the moment, the short, green clad Archer stored the stone tablet back into the chest and put the chest into her inventory for the time being.

If it was going to explode on her... well, she'd have to take that chance if she wanted to be of any kind of use to the party. Well, use other than the clumsy idiot who managed to go terrified, back away from a battle and bump into a strategically hidden chest containing some sort of secret code that she wouldn't have found without that odd flashmail.

“La Repth!”

Her spell targeted Zan, Lighteria and Senna, healing their wounds up another notch as she bit her lip and tossed a Mage's Soul in the Wavemaster... she hadn't caught his name yet or she couldn't remember it at the moment, but regardless, she threw the magic restoring item after she'd targeted him and hoped the boost was somewhat of assistance. After all, as physically weak in strength and defense as the light armored classes were, something had to be made up for in the magic department. Magic cost SP and SP was used very swiftly in her eyes... and experience in this field so far. Feeling her hands tremble at the sight of the shadowed orbs floating around nearby, Sekai forced her eyes away and towards the dancing figure wielding the barbed wire axes in each hand before grabbing her bow and trying to help out just a little more.

Little one; don't go and get yourself killed again with that weird attack from the earrings.

Nodding to no one in particular as Kira's voice echoed softly within her mind, the tawny eyes of the young woman narrowed slightly in concentration as she pulled the string of the bow back, felt the pull of magic from her body and into the arrow that formed beneath her fingertips and shakily aimed at the black, violet and orange figure at a distance. At least her back was against the wall, the worst would be another painful death and a loss of her breath... hopefully. Swallowing hard and steeling herself for the next assault that might come her way, Sekai let the arrow pull more power from her, gritting her teeth as light began to pierce the shadows and send her the hair on her arms and head dancing upwards due to the gold-white electricity flickering off of the arrow shaft itself.

'There isn't much I'm good for right now... but, even if this helps a little, then...'

Her fingers released their grip, the soft twang of the bowstring drowned out by the blood and heart pounding in her ears, as the words slipped from her lips softly, as if she were murmuring them to herself more than to anyone else in particular.

'...I can be of some kind of use.'

“Shocking Arrow of Voltage.”

The high powered arrow roared forward, more than ready and willing to sink into the plastic, waxy skin of the Devil and try and deal some sort of damage to help the party out. Her bow lowered and held in front of her in case she needed to fire another arrow in her defense and to secure an escape, Sekai watched the battle closely and bit her lip to brace herself for the Devil's next move; however deadly that would wind up being to the party.

Name: Sekai
Level: 54
EXP: 0000/1000
Clan: Army of Darkness
HP: 835
SP: 347

Currently Equipped:

Einherjar: Kira, December, Zorya

Head: Bat Earrings (Ola Repth 40, Rip Maen 40)
Body: Saint Cross (Rue Zot 10, RaJuk Zot 30)
Arm: Protect Ring (Ap Vorma 15, MeJuk Kruz 20)
Leg: Ninja Anklet (BiVak Rom 20, GiGan Zot 30)
Add-Ons: Forestlore, Wood Magic (permanently raised Wood Offense/Defense by +3 total)

Wishlist: Levels, Summon: Wood, Archer Weapons, Light Armor

Lord Canti
Exalted Player

Post by Lord Canti » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:09 pm

(Well now... Today was just one helluva red letter day, wasn't it? Well, if your name was Canti, anyway. He wasn't so sure about some of the others. Zan was still fully-monsterized, which could be anything but good for him. What if he was that way forever, unable to distinguish from friend or foe? File that under the long list of things on the Twin Blade's mind that he didn't want to think about right now, somewhere between Nighthand being Silverblade and Lightetia being bitch-switched and out to get him. Zan was far from sane, reckless in a way that Canti recognized as being borderline suicidal. It was something that he knew about...all too well.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(It's not the sort of thing you hear too much about, news about some random kid with a crazy deathwish. Nevertheless, everyone has their own tale to tell, and so the young Bostonite known as Damon Fortis had his. What do you do in your life when there's nothing to fill the void? Mother was dead, so he'd withdrawn in himself. Father was dead, so he'd taken up the family business. Was it enough? Was it ever enough? He'd closed off his mind to these things to save himself from just going into a mental fugue and never moving again. He'd taken the job to pay the bills and survive. He quit school because he needed the hours. He lost contact with his friends...because he couldn't talk to them anymore. Every time he wanted to...he barely knew what to say. What do you do to fill in the void? On nights when he didn't have so much work, back before he began playing in The World, he would walk the streets at night. Sometimes, some asshole tried to mug him. Damon reacted by instinct only, surprising him and kicking his ass. Somehow, he didn't care. That's why he'd walk into traffic as well, where people would veer off or screech to a halt and curse him out. One time, it was one of his customers that did this. Damon looked at him, saw him for who he was, and went right up to his window, saying...)

Damon: You still owe me for last week. I want to see that money tomorrow morning.

(Then he left him...and the guy thought he'd come to that very street to stop him like that so as to remind him never to be late again. he showed up next morning, apologizing and paying up. It was funny, but it didn't last. He pulled all sorts of crazy stunts that paying someone for bungee jumping and sky diving couldn't fill in for. If you want a thrill ride of death-defying feats, you face off against a BULLET TRAIN... That one will knock your socks off, especially if you're kneeling right next to the tracks as it passes you by at top speed. If you live, you are a king. If you escape uninjured, you are a god...)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Since Canti was feeling less and less inclined to die lately, he kinda' felt that it would be the right thing to do if his fellow lunatic was made aware of the fact that he was only STARTING to walk down the same path he did, several years ago. So yeah... Not all that great a day for Zan right now. It was a good time for Canti because he was definitely exploiting some weakpoints of the Marionette Devil...and he wasn't getting thrown around, beaten up, kicked out, or blown apart this time. Nope! Thanks to the help from his likewise-entrapped colleagues, the creature was flailing madly and Canti was able to simply jump back and enjoy the show. That is, until...)

Flashmail!
To: All Freedom Fighters
Message: There's something I've just found that you all need to see after the battle is over... unless someone can be spared to come back here and look at it in my place. I can try and take their place in battle but, I can't guarantee that I can be of much help in this situation. I'm sorry.

Canti: What would Brian Boitano do...?

(The dark Twin Blade looked over to where Sekai was. She had somethign in her hand that the little selector-thingy in his vision said was an item of interest. Looking from that to the monster and back to the Archer, he made a decision.)

Canti: Okay... Quick Flashmail...

TO: Sekai
SUBJECT: Item

It can wait. This guy's either almost dead or about to take on another form. We've got that and Lights to take care of first.

(And he didn't even like Lights right now! One of those pesky orbs came by. It was a darkness-element thing. Canti batted the sucker away with a swing of a Fuse Blade. Thunder damage for the win. That sucker popped with an elemental critical. The Twin Blade didn't even care. When you came right down to it, at least Canti was DEALING with his anger. As for shim...maybe not. There was alot of kickassary going on against the Devil, and that's where his focus was. He noticed an arrow out of the corner of his eye. Looks like Sekai had decided to attack. Alright... He could use that. Canti followed Sekai's Shocking Arrow of Voltage, sort of like a motorcyclist closing on a dude on a vespa, claws and wings spread out wide to attack directly after the assault of the Archer's attack on the Devil. The puppet-beast was getting one last blast from him.)

Canti: Thunder Dance!

(After all that they had been doing to it lately, taking full advantage of its weaknesses, it was either gonna be dead...or changed. These multi-level bosses with their extra-uber forms were already getting on Canti's nerves, way back since Primal had assaulted. He didn't like them at all now, and he knew that as soon as this adrenaline surge wore off, he was gonna have a little trouble doing pretty much anything. His reserves felt like they were shot. He was little more than a zombie with skills right now. Let this one claim rest eternal, s'il vous plaît. Canti just wanted to collapse, get out the rum, and drink himself down like Jack Sparrow in all those movies.)
I'll have a doozy of a sig later, I swear. It'll reflect ".hack//CODE" an' everything.

Hey look! A profile! It's got items and stats and things! Cool! If it isn't fully up to date, it will be, so don't worry 'bout it.

Fuzzhead
Elevated Player

Post by Fuzzhead » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:10 pm

(OOC: This is my Lord_Canti tribute post. Your style is highly original and deserves accolades!)

Ha, that Double Mortal Scorcher was really good. Man it does shit-load of damage and it has a really sweet special effect… no way that stupid Devil guy is gonna take that without severe damage. Ha I pretty much won here, I bet my teammates are so jealous, and they should be, because they’re not talented Fist Fighters like myself and – !

Oh god those axes are coming straight toward I better jump back right now – phew! I almost got my body chopped in – oh God lasers are coming out of the axes that’s not fair OW!

Silk: Argh!

(Silk’s head rang as though a million two-ton Liberty bells were going off at once inside of his skull. The force behind the seemingly innocuous black beams of light was probably equal to the strength of a train – or so the Fist Fighter would like to think. After all, how cool would it be if Silk could withstand the full frontal assault of a locomotive engine? Very cool.)

(In his present condition, fighting was out of the question. He could barely feel his limbs; he didn’t doubt that a lot of him was broken, but apparently someone on the squad was paying attention. The healing energies of not only one, but two Repths surrounded his body and miraculously mended his wounds. Two Repths alone probably wouldn’t have been enough, but Rayo’s was an Ol Repth, so he was more than ready to take on the opposition. When he came to, Silk was treated to a lightning show of awe-inducing proportions.)

My God how much SP does that lightning dude have? Jesus Christ that’s gotta be 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6… for Christ’s sake how long can he shoot those Rai Kruzs? These guys really like Lightning spells, and I’ll bet it’s because it’s that Devil’s weakness, but fuck me, I don’t have a single lightning spell at my disposal. Nuts… and my Double Mortal Scorcher was less than useless against that guy… maybe I should just try to tank it out like that guy Zan is. But Christ, he’s a Heavyblade, he’s got way more HP than I do.

(Silk glanced at Rayo and noticed that the lightning storm had slowed considerably. Just as that happened, though, the others who Rayo had so helpfully revived began to toss out Lightning Spells like it was their day job. Senna and Phoenix threw in a few off-color Ice and Wind spells respectively, but for the most part, lightning was the order of the day.)

(What came next made Silk scratch his head a little in confusion.)

Is Lighteria really attacking that guy with little zaps of Darkness? Gimme a break, like that’s gonna do anything! It’s like throwing sand into the ocean to stop the tide! Please! Now Hac’s MeRue Zot… that looks like a winner. Man I always did like Ice Spells, but that MeRue Zot sure is sweet. Maybe I should quit sitting on my ass and get to work, but precisely what it is I want to do is beyond my grasp.

(Originating out of the corner of his eye, a bolt of lightning fired from the bow of the Archer left the Fist Fighter momentarily blind, as the ensuing explosion followed up almost immediately by a whirling set of lightning-infused blades wielded by Canti were far too bright to look directly at. In fact, with all the electric explosions, it was a wonder that his retinas weren’t burnt to a crisp already.)

Ah nuts I can’t see anything. I guess I’ll just use some shit on myself and go protect Rayo. He seems to be the guy that keeps this whole operation running; really priests are the backbone of every operation; they’re the unsung heroes of MMORPGs worldwide. Imma go make sure that he doesn’t get a single scratch on him, and I know exactly how I’m gonna do it. I’ll be like a mini-tank or something.

(Dashing over to stand by the lightning-turret of a mage – who, God knows how, was still firing off Rai Kruzs – the Fist Fighter placed himself a good ten feet away and raised his Boxing Gloves while looking rather fierce.)

Silk: Aight man, I’m here to make sure you don’t get hurt. It’s clear to me that without you and your heals, we’re in a tight spot, and I’d rather get myself taken out only to return than you get killed and we all die.

(Needless to say, that speech sounded way cooler and dare I say “Die Harder” in his speech.)

Silk: Rig Gaem, Ap Torma, Ap Torv, Ap Vorv, Ap Corv, Ap Do!

(The flurry of buffs should make the pair a force to be reckoned with, but as the Devil had proven time and time again, what should be with him, wasn’t. With his SP regenerating at an increased rate, an with his magical accuracy up, Rayo could fire off the Rai Kruzs to his heart’s content, and with better results too. Meanwhile, Silk was no slouch either; he was stronger, faster, cooler – everything! If ever the Devil should amble on by, Silk could throw himself in the way, and as had been demonstrated earlier, pretty easily distract the creature from the more important target – Rayo.)

Man all this lightning is sweet. Next town I’m in, Imma blow off like 10,000 GP on some lightning shit because, shit! This stuff is great.

Silk: Go, go, Rayo! Take that shit to trial.
Level 25 Fist Fighter
Boxing Gloves | Nny Scales | Dice Gloves | Iron Anklet | Time Headband

Skills: Ap Corv, Ap Torv, GiVak Don, Ap Torma, Ap Do, Repth, Kiwami, Double Mortal Scorcher

Wishlist:
1.) Rare Foot Armor
2.) FF Belief
3.) Any stat-altering items

Zhao Xun
Elevated Player

Post by Zhao Xun » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:09 pm

Twin axes? This boss had no shortage of surprises in store for us. The Fae shield had turned out to be a good move, though, as it had saved Phoenix and myself a painful death. So it seemed that using the shield to let stronger players cut loose was my best option, as any of my own attacks would probably amount to little more than a mosquito bite. With that knowledge in mind, I moved on to the next logical step in this cycle of reasoning: determining who could make the best use of my shield.
Flashmail!

To: Freedom Fighters
Re: Strongest

I'll be brief. If you think you can do the most damage of anyone in the group while simply standing there, reply to this message. Otherwise ignore it. If I come over and stand next to you, open up with everything you're got. I'll protect you from his backlash.

End Flashmail!
I glanced around the battlefield, trying to see if there was anything I could help with in the meantime... and noticed that Lighteria's body had dissipated into strange orbs that pulsed with the power of darkness. Considering the boss used darkness as one of his main elements, that couldn't be good. I saw Suzaku attempting to destroy them all, and figured that Phoenix knew what he was doing, so I joined him, hacking away one by one to try and weaken the power of darkness in this room. While doing so, I tried to take in the state of the battle. Zan was as furious as ever, trying to shred the Devil with all of his physical might, while Phoenix was also bringing out everything in his arsenal. The others all seemed to be fighting hard, except for... where was Sekai?
Flashmail!

To: Freedom Fighters

There's something I've just found that you all need to see after the battle is over... unless someone can be spared to come back here and look at it in my place. I can try and take their place in battle but, I can't guarantee that I can be of much help in this situation. I'm sorry.

End Flashmail!
I looked back to the corner, seeing that she had moved there, and quickly weighed my options. The orbs had been cut down significantly, seemingly weakening their power. I decided to leave the rest to Suzaku and to whoever else felt like dealing with it. I had time to take a look at whatever Sekai found while waiting for a response to my flashmail. She had rejoined the battle, but still seemed preoccupied by what she had seen. Maybe I could take her mind off it... and let her fight with everything she had, as opposed to worrying and holding back.

“What did you find?” I said, moving in next to her. I simply had to hope it wasn't something that would spell doom for all of us.
Zhao's Profile

Wishlist:
Levels
Slayers
Other level 16+ Twin Blade Weapons
Cougar Bandanna
Snow Panther
Level 16+ Twin Blade Armor

Miakita hazu no tasogare ga
Konna ni kirei dato naita

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:00 pm

Just a little more… weaken him a little more… and his field will be too weak to hold me. I don’t know why Nall hasn’t broken free already, or why Zan got out early… perhaps it has to do with power. The stronger you are, or at least the stronger you’re seen to be, the stronger the holding field around you. Heh, I bet the Devil is cursing his decision to not put stronger restraints on Zan. Clever, though, how he used a simple optical illusion to make us seem like we’re not even here. Those hanging forms certainly aren’t us, but we’re still in this room.. I wonder if Nall can see everything going on in the battle as well as I can. It’d be somewhat amusing if they just faced him the wrong direction…

After the debuff had so recently worn off, it came as no surprise that such a seemingly effective spell was immediately put back into place. Rayo’s cast of Dek Raio took effect as easily as it had the last time, and elicited no retribution from the boss. Whether it was due to the Dek having little effect, or the boss not noticing the status effect, or what, the wavemaster wouldn’t know. What WOULD elicit a response was what followed, the veritable barrage of Rai Kruz spells. While low on the power tree, a simple level 1, if they struck with elemental critical it would be a simple and effective way of dealing quite a bit of damage.

Senna took her cue from the tactic the wavemaster started, casting her own Dek before using the attacks of her own chosen element. Rue Zots spliced in with the Rai Kruz castings, the dual elements creating a veritable storm of damage from which the Devil didn’t even see fit to exit. What was up with this boss? Did damage of low levels really not phase it, or did it only respond to damage in the level that took out hundreds of HP, not just tens?

Phoenix began to fire off his own particular skill, his wind blades, at the Devil in an attempt to disarm or distract him. Blow after blow landed on the axes and arms of the placid devil, who seemed now to be almost reveling in the pain. Was this some kind of sign? Was something coming, something they should all be preparing for rather than sitting and attacking? They had no way of knowing.

A flurry of buffs rushed out, glyph after glyph settling on Rayo’s head before a few extras landed on other players. Zan was back in the fight, once more separated from Nulus, the pair of them no longer forming the ferocious Merged. While the beastly form had done a lot of damage in it’s time, it couldn’t last forever. If it did, the party as a whole would no doubt have a problem. After a couple of buffs on himself, Zan and his shade rushed into the fray of spell energy as it wound down, lashing out slash after slash, the claws of the shade doing similar actions, the pair never seeming to get in each others way. This was how man and beast should work together, this mental link displaying for all to see how a pair could fight. If only the whole group were on some kind of mental link, how much easier would the battles go? How much swifter would combat go if you didn’t just hope for a buff before you struck, you knew just when the caster let it off and just when it would land? If you knew what all those around you knew, and when to get out of their way? A hive mind of combatants, not controlled by a central queen but by collective will… the possibility was a chilling thought.

Hacorie added his own might to the equation, whether or not it was by his will alone. A summon that few had ever seen, a custom ability of the player, took shape and unleashed its fury. Icy arrows lanced into and through the boss, each exploding into a small flurry of razor edged ice. A latticework of fine wounds covered the boss, the black of his skin slowly turning to purple. This, just as Lighteria’s orbs began to converge, each dealing their own little shock of damage. Despite the defenses of the boss, the little shocks each did their bit of damage, leaving small bruise-like bits of purple on the flesh of the boss. It wasn’t much, but it was something. Of course, it put all the remaining orbs in the path of any oncoming spells, anything sufficiently ranged around the boss would pop off the rest of them.

Sekai, from a further away vantage, released her own attacks. Archer skills were largely untested, the class new enough that the one present was the only one the group had ever known. The population of the class in The World was rather low indeed, making them few and far between. The group would probably be lucky to have her on their side, as no doubt hackers at some point would decide to make challenges only an archer could complete. That would be a surefire way to keep unwanted parties of base classes out of an area; simply require a skill or ability that the group in question didn’t have.

Canti unleashed his own bit of fury on the boss, his own physical attack digging claws into the boss with a thundery flair. Sure, the element wasn’t exactly the twinblade’s strong suit, but with the Dek in place, it couldn’t be useless. Silk, having found his attacks to be rather low on the damage scale, took up a defensive position and buffed himself for whatever coming fight would find him there. And, with Rayo still letting off spells just over his shoulder, that retribution was almost certain to come. Wasn’t it?

There! His barrier is weak enough… Yes! Free!

A soft pair of shoes landing on rough stone created a sound very easily lost amongst the fury of the battle, so no one noticed when one of the images of suspended players was removed, nor did they notice the appearance of a certain allied heavyblade. Well… none of the allies noticed. Devil did. He knew immediately when one of his barriers was broken, and he turned like a laser to the place where the heavyblade had landed.

”So you broke free… No matter. One more against me doesn’t mat-“ He would have continued, but Silverblade had already made his way across the room. The massive slab of black, thunder-etched metal that was the Smiling Blade found itself lodged in the gut of the boss. The sudden appearance of the navy-clad heavyblade with silver eyes temporarily halted the fight; where had he come from? What was to happen now?

What was to happen, in fact, was a skill. Calamity based, the Ganz Maxima was one of the most powerful physical skills the party possessed. Even without buffs, the skill from a level 50 heavyblade was quite formidable. Yanking the blade from the gullet of the boss, a second elementally-charged stab embedded it in the chest cavity, following by a twisting spin that delivered yet another damaging blow to the waist.

For a moment, it seemed like they had won. The Devil was no longer talking, no longer doing anything but hanging funny. Silverblade knew better, of course; bosses generally had more spectacular deaths. Hopes began to rise slightly as the boss began to explode, though. Explosions from the inside, the energy simply ballooning out the flesh of the boss in a comically disproportioned fashion. Devil’s neck expanded like a beach ball, his body exploding in bursts of force barely contained. The gashes started by the heavyblade separated more widely rather than healing like sliced had always done before. Glimpses of the furious black and red field inside the boss were shown to the group between gaps in plasticy flesh, and this time they didn’t seal up.

The tip of the tail shattered a bit more, needle-like spikes exposed as the limb lashed back and forth like a prowling cat. The stinger on the back of the creature’s neck split down the middle, forming a pair of them, identical to the original. The feet split, the central portion flipping over, forming scissor-like talons that promised a limb-severing amount of force, if they caught anyone. No longer was the boss standing on them; now he floated a foot off the ground. His jaw opened wide, showing sharp metallic teeth. His axes disappeared, the barbed wire returning to the wrist-centered position, though the arms were somewhat less useful when they could barely reach beyond the range of the creature’s stomach.

It seemed the third form had been reached. The only question was, now what? Wasting no time, not allowing the Devil to attack the party like he had the last time his form changed, Silverblade immediately started another Ganz Maxima. The only trouble was… his blade did nothing. It struck the boss like striking a solid pillar of steel, not even denting the flesh. The earth-based energy, the source of most of the attack’s significant power, was sucked off the blade and into the gaping holes to nothingness in the devil’s flesh.

”Physical Tolerance, eh? Well, let’s see how you do against magic, then! RaJuk Zot!”

Wood, in case the tolerance had been to earth rather than physical. Magic, in case it was physical. Of course, neither one helped a bit. The level two raise spell, sharpened wooden spikes rising from the floor, simply dissipated into motes of green that were sucked into the same swirling nothingness.

”Huh… That’s not natural. Anyone have any Banes?” Hopefully someone did… otherwise fighting this boss would be tricky, with both Physical and Magical tolerance.

-----------------------------------------ooc:

Devil HP: 3000
Physical Tolerance
Magical Tolerance
Elemental Strengths and Weaknesses are nullified.

Lighteria’s orbs are all dead by now, through some spell or another attack.

When the proper bane/dek is cast, the damage of that type of attack goes through, but is halved. So if the physical defense is lowered, physical attacks hit for half damage. Same with magical. If both are cast, the cracks on the body seal and attacks hit for full damage, but there could be some reason not to do that… we’ll find out as it happens. ^_^

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:39 pm

Following suit, Senna and Phoenix launched their magic barrages. While all of the heavy blades and other assorted class players performed their strikes, Marionette’s Devil just stood and took it. For some reason, both Zan and Silk found it prudent to pump up the wavemaster’s stats immensely. His blue magic list more or less doubled in length, giving the caster just so many options to choose from. For the moment the continued Rai Kruz assault was maintained, further aided by the SP regeneration set in place. The culmination of their success was even rewarded, Nightha--er, Silverblade was back in action. The extra manpower probably wasn’t needed at this stage, but it certainly didn’t hurt. One swipe from the returning heavy blade finished things, for a moment. The Devil went through a defeat sequence, but in the end it was left in a more battered form that screamed balloon. There was no way of knowing whether this was truly the last face of the Devil, but it wouldn’t remain there staring at them for long. The large mass of circus junk hovered above them, yet taking no action. Silverblade’s own attempts proved it was well guarded, but surely the monster wouldn’t simply wait for them to give up and leave.

Yet, there were ways around such a trouble. Rayo had both answers their leader wondered about. A single Knight’s Bane and pair of Beast’s Banes awaited use in his inventory. The mage composed a message to team as he plucked a single Beast’s Bane from his golf bag and kept it hidden underneath his Thunder Cloak. The wizard was smiling at this point, knowing that he could break the monster’s defenses without a problem.

<To the Party:

Zhao, I’d ask that you come over here right away. I’ll certainly be attracting our friend’s attention in a few scant seconds.

I’m going to remove his magic defenses, so I suggest staying out of spell range from his location.

Rayo>

The black mage swapped wands, choosing the Earth Staff while targeting Marionette’s Devil with his Beast’s Bane. The scroll acted in a similar fashion to Dek Vorma, and should negate their enemy’s defense. Choosing to be the recipient of his next item, the spell caster hastily absorbed the contents of an Emperor’s Soul. His energy was at full, aided by a reliable SP regen, and his magical attack, magical accuracy, and earth elemental were raised; there couldn’t have been better conditions for the wizard’s plan.

“PhaGan Don! PhaGan Don! PhaGan Don! PhaGan Don! PhaGan Don!”

In just moments after each bombardments of rocks landed, his magical energies were spent. Only the hastened SP recovery allowed for the fifth spell to even take form. If Marionette’s Devil could survive that unscathed, it was something unbelievable. Yet, Zhao’s presence would be enough to negate any attempts at countering, just like how it had worked for Phoenix. If it wasn’t enough, there was one more Emperor’s Soul in wait, and plenty of additional spells that the boss could be given the chance to taste. When Primal had been near the end of his lifespan, the creature had decimated the party. Devil would be given no such chance.

ooc:

Blue: Ap Ruem, Ap Vaks, Ap Juka, Ap Ganz, Ap Corma, Rig Gaem, Ap Torma
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP
Bell, the Silver Grunty of Thunder
Skills/Spells-Shocking Arrow of Voltage(30), Arrow of the Burning Stars(10), MeRai Rom(40), Rai Kruz(10), La Repth(20), Rip Maen(40), MeRai Kruz(20), GiVak Kruz(20), MeRai Don(20), Rig Saem(15)
Weapon/Armor/Book-Golden Royal Bow/Thunder Torque, Thunder Cloak, Able Ring, Ivory Greaves/Thunder Magic
Wishlist: YL Fukuoka, Stormlore, Winter Stone, Silver Grunty

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:51 am

With the sudden appearance of the Silverblade, the Marionette Devil appeared to be defeated but like Primal before, it has another form. The new form was like a beach ball which in most games, it had some great defense that made most attacks useless except for one type of attack. Phoenix’s idea about the new form was quickly proven as the Silverblade’s physical and magical attacks were both negated by the tolerances.

That’s weird. Isn’t the fat form of a boss usually the first form not the third form. If the previous form was the sword then this form could be the shield. Doesn’t the shield come first since you want to save the sword form in case the shield got broken? Time for the group to break the shield.

The Silverblade requested some banes in hope to affect the Devil in some way since about all attacks were nullified. Rayo managed to pull through with a Beast Bane which affects magical defense and fire off five PhaGan Don attacks. The blue mage knew how to pull off some impressive magical strikes and this one was at the top of the list. Now Phoenix needed to do something now but most of his more powerful attacks are physical. He did not possess any Knight Banes to make his physical attacks effective. Even the Wind Blade itself was not magic-based but physical.

At that moment, the blademaster turned to his guardian which she had returned to his side after dealing Lighteria’s darkness orbs. Suzaku, fire off as many BiVak Roms as you can. I think that your attack may do some more damage since physical and magical tolerance is a much better defense than elemental defense. If it still has a high fire defense, I think you probably do more damage than I could with level one spells. I’ll deflect any attacks that the Devil may do against you.

Suzaku gave a nod at Phoenix’s command and fire off a succession of seven BiVak Roms at the Marionette Devil. It was a beautiful sight as the fire tornadoes surround and burn the Marionette Devil. The blademaster was not going to allow the Devil to even form an attack at the group. Once someone uses a Knight’s Bane, Phoenix was going to attack him with more Wind Blades. The Freedom Fighters learned from the battle against Primal that Marionette’s minions are very tough and the best way to defeat them is not allowing them to attack quickly since their attacks are usually instant death. Phoenix was wondering if there was a fourth form like Primal or this was it for the Devil. He hoped that it was the latter not the former.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Wish List: Phoenix's Fire, Gold Necklace
EX-Spheres: LV 3 - Overdrive, LV 3 - Curative, LV 3 - Elemental Breath

Zan
Exalted Player

Post by Zan » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:56 am

With the brunt of Zan and Nulus' assault finished, both needing some time to catch their breath (and calm down from the vague annoyance that the Marionette Devil had all but ignored them), they both ducked out to safety. This was, of course, mere seconds before their 'brave leader' decided to appear out of thin air with a Smiling Blade protruding from the boss' back. The proceeding skill usage brought upon a change in the Devil, one that the lycanthrope was almost certain was his approaching destruction. What happened instead, however, was a comical inflation of someone the Heavy Blade no longer found himself able to take seriously. Yes, yes, he was a big bad scary. Zan was able to still respect that about him. Now he'd simply be doing it while simultaneously imploding his kidneys with laughter. Though he was hardly prone to actually laughing, the stress of his memories as the Merged and his childish need to be absolved of the sins brought upon by his fused counterpart came out in just that fashion. It wasn't the chortles of a madman, no, but a rather one of a hacker whose been trying to find the flaw in his code...only to find out it was a spelling mistake. The analogy needed some word, but the case was presented just the same.

A heartbeat later and Nulus was laughing next to him, the Shade's guffaws coming in mutating and unnatural bursts with a tone that was far from flattering. This lasted a good handful of seconds, all the while Zan's SP continued its regeneration, climbing back up to a place that would make it useful again. Since it had begun this trek back before he had started his physical assault, it was near its peak and, when that peak was finally realized, the lycanthrope began to wonder just what he'd do with the renewed vigor. Through Silverblade he was given that answer. A boss monster with both Magical and Physical Tolerance was no simple annoyance. It showed them just what they were getting into. The Devil had been trying in his own right, that was true, but up until that point Zan had considered Primal his better. Now? Now he was beginning to lose that previously placed faith. The whole 'eating party members' was a slight competition for duel tolerances, but only barely. Barely. With the call for Deks that would remove this form's majesty, both Rayo and Zan seemed to have the same (if opposite) idea. Both spells struck at the same time, having but mere fractions of a second apart in execution. Though the lycanthrope didn't know it, this opened up the ability for Rayo's quint-casted monstrosities to do the maximum damage of level four spells.

What he didn't know was what that might cost them.

"Dek Vorv!" It was done.

Worries aside, the Lycan could do little but watch in distanced awe as the sheer strength contained in the Mage was displayed. Being able to tear into a boss, ripping them limb from limb, enormously paled in comparison to the barrage that went on in front of his eyes. Zan was possibly one of the last to ever admit to people being stronger than him, a flaw indeed, but there was no denying the raw might of a Level 44 Wavemaster wielding an Earth Staff. The vibration in the ground alone was making the Heavy Blade's feet ache, not to mention what the five spells would undoubtedly kick up in their fury. When Phoenix's pet issued its first tornado, Zan snapped back into reality and immediately tossed out a Dek Vakz onto the bloated boss. That would, hopefully, make the impact of the bird's attacks more heartily felt. Speaking of...it was about time Zan tossed in his own magical mayhem. First off, in the case that Senna's Dek Ruem hadn't carried over to this form, another was cast to make what the lycanthrope was planning more...brutal. Really, it almost seemed overkill at this point (Zan an inch from positive that this form was already no more), but what gamer didn't get that sadistically wicked grin when an overkill was brought on? Their simply was no such individual.

"MeRue Rom!" The first of his spells struck the boss with a tornado of frozen crags and icy wings, mixing with the fires and the still-falling boulders-...no, mountains. It was a bit of an exaggeration, but still..."MeRue Rom!" The second was summoned just as the first ended, keeping up the chain. "MeRue Rom!" The anticipation of devastation was like a pack of excited wolves in Zan's stomach. "MeRue Rom!" Number four held just as much power, just as much frozen momentum. "MeRue Rom!" And, with SP drained, Zan's magical addition to the assault was at its end.

The lycanthrope had been in situations like this, when all seemed like they'd end up joyously amongst a maelstrom of spells. The truth of the matter, sadly, was things were only going to get worse for them. Sure, they had steamrolled (hopefully) through this form in a matter of seconds, but what would be the punishment for that? What would its last form, if it contained the same number as Primal, be capable of that was better than dual Tolerances? Ug. That in mind, Zan decided to go into field-medic mode. Running around, Nulus and him splitting up with their thoughts still bound as a unit, the pair brought Silverblade, Rayo, Sekai, Hacorie, Phoenix, Silk, Zhao, and Senna each a Health Drink without much explanation. Wasn't it obvious? Though the amount it healed was hardly anything compared to the capability of this Marionette Devil to do damage, it was something that could save them in a last-second bind. Did they probably have some on them already? Perhaps, but it never hurt to add more to the inventory when it came to healing. The lycanthrope had an almost ridiculous amount of them on him, so losing eight wasn't exactly going to break him. His own natural healing made them a luxury he could live without, if only barely.

Flashmail!
To: The Freedom Fighters
Subject: Health Drinks

Just something to have in case things get a little sticky.

Which we all know they will.

-Zan

Flashmail! End

With things calm (ignoring the fall of spells and attacks from any who might be choosing to do so right then to make this form's fall particularly spectacular), the ever self-bashing Heavy Blade found time to think on what the Merged had down to Lowen once more. The mental link between them had been shut down, on her end, but he wasn't hurt. No, though she knew the Merged hadn't been him, she picked up on the fact that he yet was. Their bond had been temporarily severed to give the lycanthrope time to get his shit together. Hopefully, in her current state, she wouldn't simply forget to unlock that door once more. If he had to deal without access to updates, without the only form of contact with her he possessed, Zan would...pop. Something in his already delicate cerebellum would get rewired and he'd be back to a place he had been before his visit to the Shadow (his first, anyway). To be delusional in a clinically insane fashion again wasn't exactly something he wanted. The ignorance of it would be bliss, no doubt, but he (and the group) couldn't afford a single one of them taking a trip into Blissland via Ignorance Airlines Inc. Har har. Zan was witty, yes he was. Or, you know, that thing where witty is only funny to the one making the jokes.

Humor aside (because that was just never the case for him, Zan always with the glee as he was), the gears of his approaching mission were churning. He needed to save her and, after the third and final Hub was checked off the list, he'd leave them to do just that. Yes, yes, Marionette had asked him to convince the group to head some field or another. The Heavy Blade would still do that, that hadn't changed. Since the group usually took a day off in-between missions, however, he'd take that day and use it in the real world to save her. He had to. He had to. No matter what it took, between now and then he'd track her down. If Zan had a choice, he'd be on that particular train the moment he got back to the Hideout. Thing was, the Knights of Revelation would need a good chunk of time to not only get him a way out, but to find where she was being kept. If they could-...no. He had to be positive. Had to be solid and steady. It was clear that Lowen had lost hope, had found only despair, and that left him as the only one to keep the torch lit. It wasn't a responsibility he had asked for, not one he wanted, but he'd accept it just the same. He'd do it for the Freedom Fighters, as having the woman he loved safe and sound would only make him more focused, more vicious and exact. He'd do it for himself, to make the ache in his chest finally end.

Most importantly, he'd do it for her.
Lv. 50 Heavy Blade
Wishlist
Special: Levels, GR Sendai, PL Sakai, Darklore.
W: Tonosama Sword, Mineuchi, Jundachi.
A: Samurai Helm, Able Hands, Rare Greaves.
I: Holy Sap, Treebane, Cooked Bile, Nightbane.
EX: Elemental Summon (Lv. 2), Overdrive (Lv.1), Elemental Attacks (Lv. 2), Enhance Dark, Elemental Breath (Lv. 2).

Lighteria
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Lighteria » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:35 am

Up to this point, Lighteria has never actually been killed while in aura form. What happens at that point is a mystery to both he and Kit, neither had bothered to think of really testing the hack outside of an actual battle. Perhaps because the aura form is difficult to achieve without any real danger... or maybe they're just lazy. Either way, with Suzaku and Zhao both attacking the orbs their numbers quickly dwindle. Since the shocks of the orbs have no effect when struck with actual weapons, Zhao effortlessly cleaves through them.

Normally, the orbs dying makes the aura easier to control, as there are fewer places your consciousness is split between. In fact, Lighteria couldn't reform without at least a few orbs dying when he first gained this new ability. This time though, it's questionable whether or not this new person would even be ABLE to reform given their lack of experience with both the hack and the nature of emotional guidance of will. Perhaps it's a good thing that, when Suzaku's claws wrap around the final orb and crush it effortlessly a natural reaction of the aura begins to spark.

When an orb is killed, it loses its spark and begins to float around aimlessly, no longer glowing its respective elemental color, instead, a dead orb pulse a lifeless black color, floating randomly in the air without guidance. When the last orb is slain, however, the dead orbs all begin to spark. As though the entire room has suddenly been tossed into an electrical storm, the orbs flicker violently, currents of element-void energy fly between each dead orb. The currents are harmless though, that much is clear as the energy passes through the devil and players alike with absolutely no effect. Instead, the currents stream like a flash into a single point, the dead orbs being pulled like lightning towards a conductor. In a flash, every orb in the room returns to a single point where a veil of pure black forms again. A flicker of energy from within the veil quickly dissipates the cover of black and, like a mist being wiped away, the dust settles to reveal a very dead Lighteria. His body frozen in the last position he was in before he died. ...Standing up, as luck would have it. Unceremoniously, he flops to the ground like a rag doll, landing face first. Unlike a normal player death though, his body begins to pulse a black aura similar to the ones the dead orbs pulsed.

Whoa... what the hell just happened? Where am I?

The black mist exhuming from his body is not simply aesthetic though. The black aura, like his normal auras, serves its own purpose. Instead of blocking out a single element, this aura blocks restoration. Resurrects won't activate, Rip Maens will fizzle, nothing can be done until the mist dissipates. Oddly enough, there is no ghost form either, just a lifeless body. Elsewhere in the room, Kit ceases to chain cast repths on any minor scratch the party has suffered and runs to the player's side.

"Mew- Meow mew!! Mew mew mew mew?! (Lighteria- Whoever you are!! What's happened to you?!)"

The kitten paws lightly and the player's face as it pulses black, trying to vain to get him to wake up.

Hang in there Kara!! I'm coming for you! I swear it!
What was that noise? This is too confusing...

((OCC: Short version: Lighteria cannot be revived for this round. Kit stopped healing.))
Lv. 37 Twin Blade (180 SP)
Weapon: Rashou (Thunder Coil- 30, Suvi Lei- 20, Mumyn Lei- 30) (Life Drain)
Armor: Holy Tree Mail (Juk Kruz- 20) - Scarab Earring (La Repth- 20, Rip Maen- 40) - Time Sandals (Ap Do- 15) - Forest Gloves (Juk Kruz- 20)
GP: 14384

Wish list (In order of priority): Angel halo accessory, chibi angel wings, Bone Armor, Professional

Lighteria: "Obsessively updating my profile since Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:10 pm"

Lord Canti
Exalted Player

Post by Lord Canti » Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:31 pm

(There was a cunningly-deceptive phrase that held a fair amount of meaning for the battle now. The phrase happened to the one about how "home is just over the next hill", and then you find out that, whoops, there's about 17 more hills beyond that. You put your back into each effort to make it through, your damn heart and soul, and it's never enough. Part of Canti knew that this one was coming. It was another multi-layered boss, just like Primal. Well, fortunately, he didn't appear to deem any attention from the Devil this round either. In that aspect, the Twin Blade had scored lucky again. As soon as he veered off from the bastard, there were a couple more attacks from the crew and then suddenly...he noticed out of the corner of his eye...Nighthand? No, not him. Silverblade now. The surrogate intelligence that was taking their leader for a walk had finally woken up and he was cleaning house, starting with unsightly monsters. Silverblade finished off the Devil, and then the bastard began to mutate, expanding into this fat and vicious-looking mess with strange dark energy vortexes and an energy torrent that looked...most forboding. As discovered by their surrogate-leader, the monster had tolerence in both the physical and magical area. There was a call for Banes... Wait a minute... He had those, didn't he? While Canti was going through his item list, he noticed what Rayo used on the new form of the Devil and realized...he'd bought the wrong Banes before! He had Knight's Bane and Hermit's Bane, which were for taking down physical defense and magic attack. He'd wanted Beast's Bane, but got them mixed up! Damn it all... Well, no matter. They could use every edge they could get, because the Twin Blade himself wasn't feeling too edgey right now. The World seemed a bit sluggish now, and it was hard for him to focus. Canti targeted the Devil and threw both the Knight's Bane for disablement of Physical Tolerance...and the Hermit's Bane to reduce the power of its magic attacks. This one looked like magic was its strong-suit anyway. Perfect. The winged Twin Blade then turned away from the boss-monster - The World swaying oddly as he did - took a few unsteady steps in a promising direction...and collapsed onto the hard cavern floor with a heavy thud. His equilibrium was shot and his reserves were dry. This guy wasn't going anyway now. Not under his own power, anyway. He wasn't aware of anything around him now, just the blurry perspective of the cavern grounds...)

"Canti? Oi, Canti? Hey, it hit you?"

Canti: Huh...?

(He was dimly aware that someone was trying to talk to him, a little slow on the uptake because of his current situation, though. Turning to look up at the source, Canti found that his vision was badly blurred from fatigue now. He tried to correct that. Focus... Come on, focus! The image resolved into the shape of a familiar red-haired Long Arm...)

"Oh jeeze... Are you okay? You look..."

Canti: Ugh...Senna? I...no, I wasn't hit... I'm just...tired...

(Terribly tired. He appeared to be in awful shape. His black eyes were filled with the look of exhaustion.)

"No offense. You look worse'n tired. What... Flying drain you or something?"

(She sounded concerned for him. She should be.)

Canti: Hah...that's only the start of it... Flying's easy... I've been active since...

(He looks around in uncertainty, trying to figure that one out.

Canti: ...since we got back from the other Hub.

(And what he meant by this was...ever since the battle of the first Hub, the battle with Primal, the battle where he and Senna first met - he'd been doing things. He had been up and around like mad, as if driven to do so...or possessed.)

"You didn't rest at all? No wonder... Wait, the training room?"

(Ah, so she'd seen him leave for it after the meeting... He'd wondered if anyone noticed that. He was really pissed off at the time.)

Canti: Yeah, I was there for a while... Didn't stop there, though...

"I didn't think that was enough. What've you been doing to yourself?"

Canti: Something...really stupid... You know that guy whose fault it is I'm in here...?

"You mentioned him. Sar... Suraisu?"

(He pointed his finger in a "You got it" sort of gesture.)

Canti: Yeah... I wen't looking for him...

"Oh... What did you find?"

Canti: Nothing. Not the tower...or any trace of him. I followed a rumor...but it was some other guy... Thought I was an Elite...

(It was here that there was some disappointment in Canti's voice. He'd wanted to find him, and settle some issues, for better or for worse. It was something of a crazy stunt, a foolhardy action, but he wanted this and he pursued it. Unfortunately, that only led to a false hope, as the tower was likely inaccessable without being a member of Suraisu's group. He arrived at a different place and helped another player, who mentioned something about a Thunder Warrior... Pursuing that rumor was one of the worst decisions of his life. A mysterious event...rigged with hacked monsters that were nearly undefeatable and secretly designed to kill everyone who couldn't cheat their way through. Canti got his team through okay, but the warrior wasn't Suraisu. He was samurai with a bad attitude, supported by two other hackers who were now dedicated to the destruction of hackers who put people in comas. Canti almost died down there because they thought he was the enemy!)

"And so you fought him... then came here... with no rest?"

Canti: Well...I had a little...and I'm use to long hours. You wouldn't believe some of the crap I had to go through...

"No... If this is acceptable, I'd imagine not. Anything I can do to help?"

Canti: Got any asprin? I've got a headache this big...

(He was making a gesture like those old headache commercials, sounding a little...unhinged. Senna replied wryly to this...)

"Sorry, I left it in my other pantaloons... Can you move?"

(He fixed her with a glare. Not angry, just one of those "Gimme a break..." sort of looks.)

Canti: If I could move...I'd be fighting. I've been in zombie-mode the past hour... I feel like an undead who's died...

"Well, your jaw's moving, so it can't all be done in. I was just thinking I could help you move further from the boss before the maelstrom gets big enough to reach over here."

Canti: What...? Oh, that thing... Yeah...

(He'd almost forgotten about the swirling mass of whatever-that-was...)

"It'd be sad to get killed by our teammates' offensive, but... Well, it might not even reach here. And if it does, maybe I can Rom it in a different direction with my amazing magic..."

(The tone in which Senna referred to her amazing magic with sounded a little to Canti like when Arthur Dent made reference to his wonderful towel in the kick-ass Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy movie. He wondered, idly, as Senna began to try and move him...if perhaps a sudden freak worm hole would open up in space-time, carry Senna's words through an interstellar vortex, and send it through the sales rep that had assured him of customer satisfaction and safety when he'd purchased his copy of The World. Sort of a minor hope that, during one of that man's private moments, the Long Arm's words would shoot through his head at the speed of light, killing him instantly. Unfortunately, the chances of that were so astronomical that Canti was sure his conceiving of the idea was totally delirium-induced. He glanced up at Senna apologetically.)

Canti: Sorry to cause you this trouble...

"Hey. I came over here. Any trouble I have I earned, just like you, got it?"

(Getting him away from the storm wasn't incredibly hard. It's just that the wings dragged, making the going kinda' rough.)

Canti: Thanks... You know...I should really take my own advice...

(He was referring to alot of things, like the part about going out on his own, pulling stupid stunts, and other sorts of things that he should've done...but didn't.)

"Well, you are full of words of wisdom."

Canti: Oh yeah? Well, if I'm so smart...what the hell am I doing here?

"Surviving, I hope. Same as the rest of us?"

Canti: That's all I ever do. Survive... That's all I'm good at...

(He didn't sound too pleased with himself.)

"It's where you gotta start before you can do anything else. Be warned. You go emo on me and I'll drop you."

(She chuckled at this, and thankfully...Canti was nowhere near being emo in his LIFE.)

Canti: No emo, I promise. I want to do more...but I gotta get out of here first. We all do...

"We will. Just give Zan a chance to tear it apart again and we're all set."

Canti: Zan... He'll need...

(He was going to say, "help", but he was sort of drifting off now. Mentioning the wolf had reminded him...)

Canti: He's alone...like me...

(And whether this was actually true or not was pure conjecture. Canti merely suspected so, oweing to past conversations and the similarity in some of their actions.)

"You know the cure for alone, right?"

Canti: No...

(He didn't, honestly. People died around him...)

"Knowing when and who to ask for help when you need it, I think."

Canti: I'm bad at that...

"I think most of the freedom fighters are. Speaking of... sure there's nothing we can do to help you out right now?"

(He had to think about that for a minute, his cognative processes wanting to seize up so badly that it took real effort to get a thought in straight. He gave off a smile when he DID think of something.)

Canti: Ya think you could make sure Lighteria doesn't kill me in my sleep? I'd feel alot safer...havin' you watch my back...

I think if he tried it, I'd welcome a chance to belt him one, no offense... Get some rest.

Canti: Thanks...

(His voice barely a whisper, Canti closed his heavy eyes. It was an act that made his face seem more normal-looking, now that the blackness went missing. He was unconscious in seconds, and good luck getting HIM up for a while.)
I'll have a doozy of a sig later, I swear. It'll reflect ".hack//CODE" an' everything.

Hey look! A profile! It's got items and stats and things! Cool! If it isn't fully up to date, it will be, so don't worry 'bout it.

Sekai
Ikkitousen

Post by Sekai » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:46 am

Things had happened so quickly that Sekai felt like if she so much as blinked an eye, she’d either be dead with the rest of the party or something positively astounding would happen and leave them all alive and unharmed.

Well, yes, she understood that the chances of the former happening were at a much, much higher probability than the latter but one could always be an optimist… right? It couldn’t hurt to wish as hard as she could that they all come out of this unscathed and with as much of the information as they were here to gather, or at least, that’s what she thought they were here to get anyways. The tablet in her inventory bothered her, as did the flashmail she’d received from someone who, from the sound of it, was nothing more than an enemy playing a game of cat and mouse with the lot of them. No one so far had responded to the message she’d sent concerning her discovery, not that it surprised her very much at the time due to the pressing matter of the boss revealing his new… um, self. Bloated and filling up more space than she imagined should even be available in the room, Sekai kept her back against the far wall and watched as explosion after explosion happened in a matter of moments.

The Wavemaster had shot off a series of earth shattering, and she meant that literally, spells of power she hadn’t seen before emerged in a perfect display of power that she… didn’t really think was too necessary to decipher the message to.

You think he has some of those in my element?

Kira’s voice piped up, sounding a little too happy at the sounds and sight of someone getting their ass handed to them in the middle of a fight. She shook her head and sent a clear mental shrug as a response as she watched the room light up as several fire based spells lit off, not quite as strong as the earth spells had been but still a nice touch, and for a moment, almost swore she could hear the sounds of someone she knew speaking to her. Golden-brown turned to red-orange and red-orange turned into the icy blue as the temperature drastically went from heated to frigid in a matter of moments as four ice based attacks launched themselves and struck with as much intensity as their predecessors before them.

I think I might have to glomp Fangs over there for using those spells. ‘bout damn time someone used their common sense and hit it with a proper element.

“What did you find?”

She jerked as if shot, twisting her body away from the person at her side as she noticed the black shrouded figure and tried not to let him see the way her hands were beginning to tremble. This one was one of the Freedom Fighters, likely knew what was going on and would have a better chance of figuring it out than she herself at this point. Swallowing hard and trying to control the stutter in her voice, she tried to explain what she'd found.
"I-It's a stone t-tablet with something o-odd on there. I-I was t-told by C-Canti to keep it u-until the b-battle is finished t-though."

Noticing how the girl was trembling, Zhao pulled his hood back in the hopes that she would feel more comfortable. His outfit could be a little disconcerting after all.

"If Canti told you to hold onto it, then that's what you should do. Hey, you seem pretty scared... stick by me for a bit. I'm about to go help out Rayo, but the shield I'll be putting up can cover all three of us easily. You seem like one who fights from a distance, so that should help you out, right? Assuming you don't mind my protection?"

The hood did little to ease her trembling, though there was a bit of change at the sight of the headband, or what she could see of it anyways. The color seemed to do it more than anything. Rayo was... the wavemaster? She guessed to herself and risked a look into the battle before she bit her lip in indecision. As an Archer, she did fight in the distance and she likely should get in a little closer to get a better chance of hitting this thing.

"Y-You create sh-shields? How is t-that possible?"

"I got a bracelet from the Fae I helped out earlier... but never mind that, this is a hacker created field, everything in it is irregular. I don't really know how it works, but it does. Come with me, you'll be safe."

The twin blade held out his hand, as if waiting for her to grasp it so he could lead her across the field to their final destination.

In response, the small girl shrank away from the hand as if it were a poisonous snake ready to lunge out and bite her. Catching herself in the middle of the reaction, her eyes lowered and she had the decency to look embarrassed about the overreaction to a simple movement.

" I-I'm sorry. I-If the shield requires physical contact... I-I can't do it. I c-can follow you there though. I'm sorry."

"No, it doesn't need contact. I was... well, it's no matter. Just follow, and you'll be safe."

The expression on Zhao's face was softer than usual, as he tried to keep this girl feeling as safe as possible. She reminded him... of himself, at a point, though his fading memory kept him from recalling when or why he had felt so scared. Regardless, he felt kinship with her, and wanted to help her as much as possible.

Eyes looking out on to the battlefield, the girl tucked a stray tendril of white hair back behind her ear and looked as ready as she ever was going to be to leave the safety of the wall she'd been hiding by. Voice nearly a mumble as she spoke, Sekai looked back quickly, seemed to check on something and nodded again.

"W-We're ready then, I hope this battle ends soon... and with us as the victor."

"For sure. Let's move!"

And with those words, Zhao bolted towards the Wavemaster who had put himself in such mortal danger.

Quick to follow and in a blur of green, brown and white, Sekai followed as closely behind the Twin Blade as she could permit herself to do without finding herself launching into some kind of anxiety attack that had her chest so constricted she couldn’t breathe. Stopping when they reached the side, and hanging back and to the left just enough so that she had a clear view of the boss, she swallowed hard and noted that, after that barrage of high leveled magic use… this Rayo was likely nearly out of SP… if not out all together. Reaching into her inventory and pulling out a pair of Mage’s Souls, she quickly triggered the Wavemaster in front of her and watched as the items restored the 150 or so SP apiece. Hopefully that would be enough to get him through the next round unscathed.

Name: Sekai
Level: 54
EXP: 0000/1000
Clan: Army of Darkness
HP: 835
SP: 347

Currently Equipped:

Einherjar: Kira, December, Zorya

Head: Bat Earrings (Ola Repth 40, Rip Maen 40)
Body: Saint Cross (Rue Zot 10, RaJuk Zot 30)
Arm: Protect Ring (Ap Vorma 15, MeJuk Kruz 20)
Leg: Ninja Anklet (BiVak Rom 20, GiGan Zot 30)
Add-Ons: Forestlore, Wood Magic (permanently raised Wood Offense/Defense by +3 total)

Wishlist: Levels, Summon: Wood, Archer Weapons, Light Armor

Hacorie
Ikkitousen

Post by Hacorie » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:35 am

“Huh… That’s not natural. Anyone have any Banes?”

‘Huh’ was the correct word of the evening, morning, or whatever part of the day it happened to be in the unseeable real world. Since there was no way to pause the game and take a nice minor break for food and drinks, the characters had to sit through, yet another, fun filled boss fight. This one, however, seemed to be continuing for an unimaginable and continuously elongated time. It was improbable for a boss to have this many forms of attack, and the sad thing was that each time it regained a bit more Hit Points. The good thing though, was that the Marionette Devil had pulled a trump card for this form which MAY have spelled out its final form; since the ultimate defense seemed to be a last resort compared to the major attacking form, which had just been fighting the party.

“No bane’s here, but maybe someone...” Hac started to say before he was violently interrupted by the voice of the party’s sole Wavemaster, Rayo. The words that erupted from his mouth were quite foreign to most of the players who were in the area including the Male Heavy Blade who was trying to stay back from all the fighting, since his physical attack power was close to nil. Intrigued to hear such words of power, Hacorie’s head shifted to see the Beast Bane in midair, enclosing on the boss’s body quickly. Behind it, followed a mass amount of brown glyphs which resembled the color of dirt. This was quite a relief, since the spells themselves were that of the earth persuasion.

“PhaGan Don! PhaGan Don! PhaGan Don! PhaGan Don! PhaGan Don!” These were the exact words that were let out by Rayo.

A glimpse of red pulsating glyphs followed along with Rayo’s own spells. These were not from an ordinary character, not like anyone in the room was ordinary to begin with anyway. They were from the phoenix of Phoenix named Suzaku; quite cliche type of animal for the player, neh?As rocks began to fall from the sky, swirling tornadoes shot up from the ground. Before Hacorie could see the outcome of all the ongoing spells, another voice flared from the loud sounds of elemental rage.

Blue, blue, blue, blue, and blue. These five colors, which were the same, represented the five spells Zan launched from himself. “He took my element!” Hacorie called out as his eyes shot toward the Heavy Blade around his level. With a fluid motion, Hac’s hands slipped from the hilt of his sword to his pouch. One millisecond passed, and out of the satchel on his side appeared two bottles of an azure liquid; they were Mage’s Souls. Clenching his fist tightly, the thin glass broke and fell toward the ground as Hacorie reopened his hand. There was a strange sight which befell the glass which now lay on the ground near his feet; it was completely clean. All the blue liquid seemed to have never been in the vials: for there was not even a single drop on the downed glass.

With his Skill Points now up to their max, Hacorie wasted no time in trying to one up the other Heavy Blade using water spells. “MeRue Zot! MeRue Zot! MeRue Zot! MeRue Zot!” Hacorie called as the four vibrant glyphs passed from the Oceanic Aura toward the ground. Within a second, they shot from where Hacorie was standing toward the third friggin’ form of the Marionette Devil. About the time the first four spells reached the devil, Hacorie’s SP was just high enough to follow up with one last spell. “MeRue Rom!” Shifting from rising ice and water to a tornado, Hacorie hoped his water powers would be enough to help out, even know they did not hold up to the Pha spells of Rayo.

Think the items will give me enough of a boost for it to do a good amount of damage? Hacorie mentally asked his partner who was now resting on his shoulder since the physical attacks it could muster would do nothing at the moment. Of course, everyone really did not even know if the Bane Rayo used was successful, they all had just hoped that was the case and were acting on such dreams of everything being perfect for them. Answering his original question, the bird’s voice sounded quite intellectual as well as sarcastic at the same time. Well let’s see...you do have all water equipment which boosts your water element up to an already tremendous amount. Now, let’s add the two elemental stat boosters which again make it rise even more. Yep, seems they should do some nice damage, but that was an easy deduction.

Smart ass...

“Who else wants to join in spell spamming?” Hacorie playfully called aloud trying to get the others to join in...After all, the fun of the game was to work as a team and survive the extra ‘un’ordinary boss.
Hacorie
Level 36 Heavy Blade
Gold: 21237

Equips
Oceanic Aura/Sharktooth-Ice Helm-Winter Coat-
Shiva's Rings-Bondage Pants
---Water Magic, BL Yokohama

Wishlist:
Level Meh Up
Weapons: Sakabatou/Rock n Roll/Peace Blade
Body: Knight's Armor
Other: Earthlore/Feng Shui
--------Water/Earth Scrolls

Senna
Awakened Player

Post by Senna » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:22 pm

Was it getting so rote? As the creature they fought manifested its third form, Senna realized dully that it was no surprise. In fact, she believed she would be both relieved and pleasantly surprised if the creature turned out to have no further forms after this one. That was unlikely, but she supposed stranger things had happened.

Although, things seemed to be heating up on the Freedom Fighters’ side, and she wasn’t at all sure the devil might not get more than it bargained for.

For all its former offensive might – and that of its predecessor in the last hub – this one seemed bent on defense. Either it didn’t like what they were doing, or it had been preprogrammed to stymie them as much as possible. With Marionette’s sense of humor being what it apparently was, Senna was banking on the latter.

Moments after Silverblade reappeared, he was at the thing, and after he dealt the final blow, it had ballooned out to this current shape. One then the other type of attack was tried – physical and magical. Reacting to his call for banes, Rayo took initiative and lowered its magical defenses. Even as that was taking hold, a bombardment of monumental proportions began from several sides, as people began trying to exploit that not-quite-as-strength.

What caught Senna’s attention was not that, but was a member of their team who was not currently firing spells like a machine gun. Effective though the tactic might be, Senna found herself avoiding casting for the moment in favor of hurrying over to check on Canti. Everyone else’s abilities were impressive enough that she did not think they would miss her meager contributions to the barrage. Kneeling before the Twin Blade, she tried to look him in the eye as she said, "Canti? Oi, Canti? Hey, it hit you?" She hadn’t see him do anything or take a hit that should make him keel over.

At first she wasn’t sure he was going to answer her – he looked like death warmed over. Nothing so simple as fatigue could keep a Freedom Fighter completely out though, and after a few anxious moments he got talking. Drowned out (or nearly so) as his words were by the growing magic, it was sometimes difficult to understand what he was saying.

That didn’t matter so much though. Her concern was first that he was in no condition to be on the battlefield and second that she could do little to help him. Earsplitting, ground-shaking specks were being fired off at the devil, and she could feel the peppering of ice shards and little bits of rock thrown in all directions by the barrage. Now that he’d proven he wasn’t about to die, she figured the best course of action was to get away from the magic epicenter in case some of those spells decided to flare out even further.

You have to admire the undead who’s died comment as witty, but Senna, at the time, was just looking for a simple answer. (On the other hand, looking at it objectively she might have noticed she herself got more witty when not paying attention to what she was saying.) Using her (admittedly slight) strength, she helped Canti further away from the spots of likely magical backwash.

Canti tried to apologize for causing her “trouble” as they were undertaking this operation, but Senna would have none of it. All she asked of people was that they took responsibility for their actions as she would take responsibility for her own – including any and all offers of help. Nothing less was acceptable in her mind, and so she conveyed to him.

She felt a little bad though. Even though he was talking normally, he certainly did seem done in. Every word he spoke seemed a little more distant, and while it wasn’t getting rapidly worse, it was worrying none the less.

Suddenly, she was just tired of this battle. Every battle. Not that she wanted to quit. No, she wanted to get Canti to a place more logically safe and then see about beating the crap out of this thing so they could get out of here. Any way they could do it, any means needed… She was worried about her friends, scared for herself and generally just sick of this thing.

Her part in that was not to be for the moment though. As Canti finally succumbed to sleep, his last request – and she couldn’t tell if it was in joke or earnest – was to keep an eye out for that other Twin Blade. Canvassing the area, she found she couldn’t even see the guy or his orbs any more. Killed?

No matter. She promised. As she stalked forward, planning to join in the next round if possible.
Senna, level 33 Long Arm (710 HP/180 SP)
Most common kit: Ichigou, Racoon Earcaps, Air Bracer, Snow Panther, Winter Coat, Graceful Book
Spells/Skills: (Critical Hit/Death) Repulse Cage, Ap Corv, Ap Vorv, Rai Rom, Rue Zot, La Repth
Click for full equipment and items
14300 (1/23)

Zhao Xun
Elevated Player

Post by Zhao Xun » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:39 am

Sekai seemed genuinely afraid of my voice, backing away from me almost immediately. The fear was evident in her trembling voice, which she spoke in after a moment's hesitation.

"I-It's a stone t-tablet with something o-odd on there. I-I was t-told by C-Canti to keep it u-until the b-battle is finished t-though."

I pulled back my hood, hoping to ease her fear somewhat. A darkly-clad person could inspire nervousness in some, especially those who were already predisposed to a fear of the dark. I wondered for a moment if that was the case with Sekai, but quickly dismissed those thoughts as I remembered we had more important things to discuss. "If Canti told you to hold onto it, then that's what you should do,” I said, and then an idea came to me, one that might help ease her fear in the midst of battle. “Hey, you seem pretty scared... stick by me for a bit. I'm about to go help out Rayo, but the shield I'll be putting up can cover all three of us easily. You seem like one who fights from a distance, so that should help you out, right? Assuming you don't mind my protection?"

At first she seemed confused, and her next words revealed why. "Y-You create sh-shields? How is t-that possible?"

Of course, that wasn't a natural ability. She wouldn't know. "I got a bracelet from the Fae I helped out earlier... but never mind that, this is a hacker created field, everything in it is irregular. I don't really know how it works, but it does. Come with me, you'll be safe." I held out my hand for hers, a gesture of friendship and camaraderie. She, however, didn't seem to take it as such. She recoiled from my open palm in such a manner that she looked as though she was more scared of it than anything before.

"I-I'm sorry. I-If the shield requires physical contact... I-I can't do it. I c-can follow you there though. I'm sorry."

I sighed inwardly, again wondering what could scare her so much before explaining. "No, it doesn't need contact. I was... well, it's no matter. Just follow, and you'll be safe." I felt a sort of... kinship with her, because of her fear. I could feel that I had once been just as afraid as she, if not moreso, though my fading memory couldn't recollect when I had known it. I wondered for a moment if I would keep losing my mind, until there was nothing left, but dismissed those thoughts as quickly as I had gotten rid of my earlier questions about Sekai. There was too much at stake to waste time on those trivial matters.

"W-We're ready then,” Sekai said, garnering my attention. “I hope this battle ends soon... and with us as the victor."

"For sure,” I replied, “Let's move!" I rushed towards Rayo, then gave Sekai a moment to catch up. When she had reached me, I activated the Topaz Armband and watched as its shield encompassed me for the second time. Rayo and Sekai would both be safe from retaliation, and I felt much better as far as my contributions to the battle.

My protection and Rayo's firepower would end this fight sooner or later.
Zhao's Profile

Wishlist:
Levels
Slayers
Other level 16+ Twin Blade Weapons
Cougar Bandanna
Snow Panther
Level 16+ Twin Blade Armor

Miakita hazu no tasogare ga
Konna ni kirei dato naita

Fuzzhead
Elevated Player

Post by Fuzzhead » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:53 pm

Hi there, my name is GiVak Don, but you can just call me Don. (GiVak would be received as the oddest name, I’m sure.) As I’m sure you can see by my appearance (sorry for the scratchy image, my camera is cheap), I’m a level 2 fire drop spell, and I’ve been living my life here in the Magical Plane for about 28 years.

For creatures like myself – that is, other magic spells like my girlfriend, Rue Rom – life is easy; in fact, I’d say we live in a completely utopian world. On the Magical Plane, there is no war, no strife, no hunger, or anything else of the sort. Being manifestations of pure magical energy has its perks: we never need to eat, sleep, or bathe (all of us have a very fresh alpine scent with hints of citrus). As such, we spells typically spend our lives striving for a higher existence. For myself – I intend to be RaVak Don within the next few days.

Well… I had intended to be a RaVak Don within the next few days. It turns out that I’m being sent out to fight, and it troubles me greatly. I don’t know if I’m ready to fight – after all, I’m only a level 2 fire drop – certainly not at the highest echelon in terms of damage. Besides, a million other things could go wrong – what if I… miss? That would be hideous.

Weighing heavily on my mind is also the fact that I’ll have to leave Rue Rom, my girlfriend. We were thinking of getting married and having kids at some point, but it looks like now that I’m being called to duty, so basically, our plans are ruined. It pains me to admit it, but I don’t think I’ll be able to make it to RaVak Don like I had hoped.

Ah well, I’ll just spend as much of my remaining time with Rue Rom, and hope for the best. According to our most ancient texts, being cast is among the most enrapturing experiences in the known universe. Still, I’m a bit nervous. Tomorrow I’m going to be on the standby stage, and from there its only a matter of hours before I’m dispatched and ultimately… cast.

The next day…

GiVak Don approached the stand-by building, his flaming form clearly ill at ease. Rue Rom was supposed to meet him earlier today for their last love affair, but she had failed to arrive. This wouldn’t have been too much of a problem had she provided at least one reasonable explanation for her absence, but Rue Rom failed to answer any of his phone calls, and she didn’t even leave a note or anything else of the sort. As a result, GiVak Don was probably ill-equipped to damage anyone, let alone the Marionette Devil that he was predicted to attack.

The way the system worked was quite complicated. Spells lived out their lives in the Magical Plane, training and working to achieve greater status. Some legendary spells, such as the Melting Touch or the Zero Dagger, had spent hundreds of years achieving perfection. Always there were whispers of these legendary spells never being cast, but every spell eventually does.

When the Seers predicted your getting cast, they called you to the stand-by building, where in the next few hours you waited until a warrior summoned you, and, in a flash of glyphs, you flew from the Magical Plane onto the battlefield and wreaked havoc upon enemies.

Purportedly, the experience was akin to a trillion human orgasms.

Still, spells that were not of the proper mindset before their departure were more likely to fail their masters. GiVak Don, presently, was very moody as a direct result of Rue Rom’s failure to arrive at their very last meeting together. This would likely result in GiVak Don missing his target completely – after all, how could one expect a spell to fly true when his heart is broken?

His heart wracked with a million kinds of emotional pain, the level 2 fire drop approached the Fire Spell Stand-by Building with some trepidation, a healthy dollop of bitterness, and a hint of anger. How could forsake him like this?

GiVak Don had never been inside the Stand-by Building, and he was definitely surprised at what he saw. Shockingly enough, the room was almost completely devoid of any kind of comforts or other typical amenities. With plain white tiles, plain white walls, and a plain white ceiling with plain fluorescent lights, the precisely square room was reminiscent of a meticulously cleaned empty hospital. GiVak Don supposed that the reasoning was simple: all of them were about to achieve the nirvana of existence, so why bother with anything else?

However, the building did possess the special properties required for proper spell transfer. GiVak Don didn’t know much about it, but something in the air allowed him to instantly traverse dimensions of existence straight towards the caster’s target; certainly an amazing achievement. A few other fire spells were in the building as well, as was expected. Presently, anywhere between two to five hundred fire spells were being cast simultaneously, and over three times that number were probably housed in Fire Stand-by Buildings all across the Magical Plane.

Nervously, GiVak Don leaned his flaming spherical body against the white wall nearest him and sulked miserably as he awaited his departure. It wasn’t long afterwards when he felt a strange sensation travel throughout his body, tickling his senses and leaving him breathless: this was it!

Without warning, he was in a maelstrom of spells left and right, traveling at incredible velocities straight towards a gigantic balloon of a monster. Glancing backwards, GiVak Don noted that he had been fired by a Fist Fighter, one who apparently had just enough SP to release him and only him, for no other fire spells emerged. That meant the Fist Fighter was probably counting on him to do a good job, as he was the sole hope for success.

Even so, GiVak Don ached inside for Rue Rom, the pain inside causing him to veer dangerously left and right as he traveled towards the balloon – if he missed… oh the shame! Even the incredibly orgasmic sensations traveling through him could not blunt the sharp pain of having loved and lost.

And then…

“Hey Don!”

“Rue Rom?! Is that you?”

Directly towards his left, GiVak Don spotted a gorgeous MeRue Rom, a water spell with an impossibly beautiful circular centripetal motion. It was breath-taking, the magnificence of the situation – it all came to him in a flash.

Rue Rom had been heartbroken when she discovered that GiVak Don would soon be leaving her. However, there was tell of an incredible demand of MeRue Roms coming up in the next few days: it was then that she had made her decision.

Working tirelessly to achieve the next level, she, with the power of love, finally evolved into a MeRue Rom, but at the sacrifice of missing their last meeting in the Magical Plane. Terrified, MeRue Rom thought of the million different things that could go wrong: what if she wasn’t in the same battle as GiVak Don? Or what if she was fired at GiVak Don’s caster? The possibilities sickened her as she had waited in the Water Stand-by Room, but now… it was perfect!

“GiVak Don…” she shouted, her voice throbbing with her affection. “I love you!”

“Rue… I mean, MeRue Rom,” replied GiVak Don with matched emotion. “I love you!”

Their respective bodies were electric with pleasure even as they wrapped around each other, loving each other, and then… impact! The pair of entwined spells met with the magically defenseless form of the Devil, resulting in unimaginable satisfaction for the spells, and intense pain for the Devil.

“I love you.”

“I love you.”

The situation described above occurs very rarely for spell casters in the world. A magical critical hit is when a spell is unusually happy upon casting. However… when two spells that loved each other in the Magical Plane are cast in close proximity against the same target… they merge to form something greater than the separate parts.

The result: an awe-inspiring display of the power of love.
Level 25 Fist Fighter
Boxing Gloves | Nny Scales | Dice Gloves | Iron Anklet | Time Headband

Skills: Ap Corv, Ap Torv, GiVak Don, Ap Torma, Ap Do, Repth, Kiwami, Double Mortal Scorcher

Wishlist:
1.) Rare Foot Armor
2.) FF Belief
3.) Any stat-altering items