In need of some reading material? Buy powerful scrolls here.
Librarian: Neona

Moderator: Nighthand

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Memories of a Real-Life Girl

Post by Phoenix512 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:12 am

I cannot believe this. Why I am here? What does this have to do with finding my true self? I never existed in this world. Also why does it feel that I have no body and just watching?

What Suzaku was about to realize that she has no body to control here but only a watcher. She was feeling like a person who was watching TV about someone’s life through their eyes. This lack of control was annoying to Suzaku as she finds being unable to control her movements quite repulsive. For now, she decided to observe her current surroundings but with no control with the “camera”, she could not get an easy look around.

It appears that the room she was in is a bedroom. Her “carrier” was on a bed just appear to waken up. There was a huge dresser directly in front of the bed. From the source of sunlight to the left of the dresser, Suzaku deduce that there were windows on that side which it was immediately confirm as her viewpoint veered towards the windows. The weather on the other side of the windows was a clear sunny day. There were a bunch of small houses with skyscrapers off in the distance.

For Suzaku, she has never seen a skyscraper as the largest building that she could compare it to was a castle. The bird now fully realized that she was in the other world somehow but with no control of the body that she was currently possessing. The girl walked to a door and opened it to reveal a closet. She proceeded to choose a red t-shirt and lay it on the bed. Then she went to the dresser and pulled out some jeans and underwear. She put them on the bed like the shirt before walking out of the bedroom.

There was a short hallway that had a set of stairs on the right and a door at the end of it. The girl went to the door at the end of the hallway and opened the closed door. The room behind the door was a bathroom which she proceed to take a shower, brush her teeth, did her hair, and makeup before heading back to the bedroom to get dressed. After the girl got dressed, she looked into a mirror. Suzaku finally saw the girl that she has been seeing her perspective from. The girl was about 5’7”, slender build, long dark hair, and with blue eyes.

After looking herself in the mirror for a moment, the girl once again exits the bedroom and walks down the stairs. At the bottom of the stairs, there was a small kitchen on her right and a living room with a TV and a small desk for her computer. The living room also contained the entrance to the girl’s apartment. The girl went into the kitchen and opens the refrigerator. She takes out a carton of orange juice and sets on the counter. Then she opens a cupboard and takes a glass and a plate from it. The girl opens another cupboard and takes out two bagels. She places the bagels into a toaster and pours some orange juice while the toaster is cooking the bagels.

Once the bagels were toasted, the girl placed them on the plate. She carried both the plate and glass of orange juice to the living room where she put them down on a table. The table had a remote on it which she grabbed and sat down on a couch. She was about to turn on the TV when a doorbell rang. The girl put the remote back onto the table and went to the door to answer it. She walked to the door and asks who it was. A soft voice came through the door.

“It’s Natsume.”

Suzaku felt that the girl seems confused by this Natsume girl but could not understand why it has to with her mission. For now, she continued to focus on the girl as she opened the door. Natsume was about the same height as the girl but with short brown hair and thinner. She was wearing a black skirt with a green top. Natsume entered into the apartment and walked into the living room.

The girl shut the door and followed Natsume into the living room and sat on the couch. Natsume sat down on the girl’s desk chair and spoke to the girl while she was eating her bagels and drinking her orange juice.

”Hey Yui-chan, sorry for the sudden appearance but I know what happened last night.”

It was slowly making sense to Suzaku about the name of Yui as she was currently in this girl’s body but cannot figure out why though. Maybe that was her mission is to figure out why. She focused back to the conversation or lack of one as Yui has not responded to Natsume since the opening statement.

”Why do you do this? Why do you reject every guy you gone out with? The guy I setup with you last night was perfect for you. I ended up running into him shortly after you walked out of the restaurant. He was quite annoyed that he had to pay the huge bill. Apologize to him today.”

Yui was just eating and drinking her breakfast and did not reply at all. This lack of caring made Natsume slapped her across the face. Yui did not react at all to the slap as she knew that she did deserve that. Natsume began to yell at Yui.

”Baka. Say something. Defend yourself. Don’t you care that I’m angry at you? I just want you to be happy.”

Yui suddenly stood up from the couch and look at Natsume with a stunning gaze.

“Happy? You think that setting me with flavor of the moment will make me happy. They don’t really care about me. They just want to fulfill their own perverted desires.”

“It’s about him, isn’t it? It was always about him. Guess what? He’s never going to come back. If he wanted to stay with you then he would have. Give him up, Yui-chan. He has probably forgotten about you by now. And you should forget about him too.”

Immediately after saying that, Natsume received a forceful slap from Yui that made her fall off the chair.
“Get out, Natsume.”

Yui turned her back on Natsume as she slowly got back right up. Natsume headed for the door and before leaving, she spoke to Yui one more time.

“I’m sorry, Yui-chan. You must have loved him in order to act like this. I don’t want you to mull over him forever. Please move on from him. I really do want you to be happy.”

Natsume left the apartment and shut the door behind her. Yui then immediately went back upstairs and went into the bedroom to look at the mirror. She saw the slap mark on her right cheek and touched it. She could not believe she did not feel anything when Natsume slapped her but now she feels the pain from the slap. Yui fell to both knees and began to cry. She placed both her hands on her face as she cried.

“Dammit! She’s right about everything. But I can’t easily forget about him, Natsume. If only you could understand how I feel about him. Crap. I need to get to school.”

Yui looked at the mirror once again and headed to the bathroom to reapply her makeup. After that, she went downstairs and grabbed her black bag off of her desk. Once the bag’s strap was on her right shoulder, she left the apartment herself and locked the door.

This is so pointless. Why do I have to listen and see this melodrama? How will this pathetic play will able me to find my true self?

Suddenly Suzaku heard a loud booming voice. Suzaku, you must watch and listen to this “melodrama” as you called it. Do you want to be with Phoenix or be stuck as a useless necklace forever? If you understand this, do not question me anymore. There is more that you have to see. That conversation should help you to your desire to be with Phoenix.

After the booming voice went silent, Suzaku was quite annoyed but determined to be back with Phoenix. She resolved to go through this “drama” in order to get back to him as soon as possible.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Wish List: Phoenix's Fire, Gold Necklace
EX-Spheres: LV 3 - Overdrive, LV 3 - Curative, LV 3 - Elemental Breath

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Re: Memories of a Real-Life Girl

Post by Phoenix512 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:24 am

The walk to the school that Yui attended to was an uneventful one compare to the conversation earlier. Suzaku was too busy to think about the booming voice’s words and was more focus on the outside sights of the real world. She saw cars going by her, various types of people in a wide range of outfits (even though this sight was also true in the World as well), and buildings from very small houses to skyscrapers.

Once Yui arrived to the school grounds, Suzaku noticed that the school was not just one building but consisted of several different buildings. Some of them were very modern and sleek while others were more consistent of architecture from the 19th century. From seeing Phoenix’s memories before they were sealed, she realized that Yui attended a university not a high school as he was in college before being trapped in the World.

Yui walked into one of the older buildings and headed down a hallway. As she made her way down the hall, Suzaku noticed the lockers on the walls along with various aging of the paint on the walls. The floor was a dull black marble and the doors were made of wood. Before Yui reached the end of the hallway, she opened one of the doors and walked into a classroom.

A classroom was a bit understated as it was really a huge lecture hall that had descending seats from the top of the room to the bottom level of the room. The seats had a movable table attached to them. Yui took the closest seat on the top row and took out a notebook and pencil from her bag. She moved the table so she could write on it while the professor was talking about math.

This was a good time for Suzaku to think about the conversation between Yui and Natsume earlier that morning. The conversation was about Yui’s personal life or more specifically, her refusal to attempt a relationship with a guy other than the one that she loved. This was very hard for Suzaku as she did not belong to this world at all. She did not understand the concept of relationships at all except for the one with Phoenix.

The rest of the morning was very dull as Yui attended lectures on history, economics, and engineering. Suzaku got no headway with the meaning of the conversation and wished that Phoenix was here. At least he could provide insight with this world even though his memories of the real world were locked up. After the morning lectures, Yui went into one of the modern buildings which was a café. It was rather large for a typical café and did not only serve coffee and pastries but lunch items as well.

Yui bought a latté, an apple, and a salad and proceeded to sit at a small table by a window. As she was eating, she was mostly spacing out towards the window. Suzaku felt calm as she looked outside along with Yui. She enjoyed being able to space out with the scenery outside like when she was with Phoenix in one of the Root towns. Yui’s spacing out soon ended when a burly guy suddenly sat across from her. The guy had hair that covered his eyes slightly and rather tall. The guy began to speak to Yui in a deep voice.

“You owe me from last night. No girl has ever walked out on me, the mighty Keisuke Harmia.”

Suzaku was surprised that any woman would even go out with this guy with this attitude. Yui just rolled her eyes and just ignore him as she was stilling eating her apple. Keisuke spoke out again.

“What’s your problem? Do you think that your looks allow you to be superior to anyone else? I was being nice to you as Natsume felt that you wanted to go out with me. I could have dated any other girl but I didn’t. I chose to go out with you. Even though I could forgive most girls for suddenly walking out on me like you did last night, I can’t forgive you.”

As soon as Yui was done eating her apple, she grabbed her bag and her unfinished latté and left the table. Before she could start heading out of the door, Keisuke grabbed her right arm and gripped it tightly. Suzaku felt the pain from the tight grip. Keisuke began to talk in a more angry tone.

“I’m not letting you go until you pay me back for the dinner last night. I will even take from you by force if I have to.”

Yui was strangely calm even though most women would be in panic from this type of situation. She cracked a grin before speaking very coldly to Keisuke.

“Hmmm… Is that so? I’m betting that Natsume didn’t tell you about my skills. Let me show you what I mean.”

Yui drank the rest of the latté and dropped it on the ground. Then she elbowed Keisuke in the stomach to loosen his grip on her. She proceeded to grab his right arm and twisted it behind him. Yui managed to cause him to be in great pain and virtually unable to counterattack. Once again, she spoke to him very coldly and a superior way.

“I guess not. So do you want to give up on getting money from me as I can easily cause you to be in pain? Also with all these people here, you would lose in a court case as you did threaten me first. So do you give?”

“Yes, yes, yes…”

Yui released her hold on Keisuke and picked up her empty latté cup. She threw it away in the trash and walked out of the building with everyone being silent and looking at her as they were watching the entire thing. She walked to an open area and sat on a wooden bench.

Yui pulled out a cell phone from her bag and dial it. After a few rings, she got a voice. It was Natsume.

“Hello.”

“Hey Natsume, it’s Yui. I just threaten Keisuke at the café a few minutes ago.”

“Yui-chan, WHY? He’s a nice guy. There’s no reason to threaten him.”

“Well he’s not a nice guy. That’s a front. He wanted me to pay him back for last night. He tried to threaten me. I have my right to threaten him back. I didn’t hurt him much. In the future, if you tried to setup me with another guy, make sure you tell them about my martial art skills.”

“If I tell them that, they wouldn’t go out with you. I don’t want them to feel pressure on a date where they could expect an ass-kicking from a woman if they did something wrong. Seriously Yui-chan, you need to let go of him. It’s not healthy for you. I’m your friend. I want what’s best for you.”

“I know Natsume. I’m sorry for slapping you earlier. If you ever talk about him in a demeaning way, just remember that slap. I have to go pretty soon. I’ll talk to you later. Bye Natsume-chan.”

“Bye, Yui-chan.”

Yui put the phone back into her bag and looked out at the sun for a moment. She whispered something before getting up from the bench.

“I wonder what you’re doing right now. I wonder if you’re doing the same thing that I’m doing right now. Wondering about me.”

Suzaku figured out that Yui is one girl not to piss off. Also she feels that Yui is really a caring girl but really lets her emotions easily showed especially when annoyed or angry about something. The phone call between Natsume and Yui gave Suzaku a key to figure out her true self. She has begun to realize that the key was the guy who Yui was in love with. The guardian could not figure why but slowly she felt the same way towards Phoenix as Yui did towards the mysterious guy when she mentions him.

Kazuma-sama, I wonder what you’re doing right now as well.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:24 am

After sitting on the bench, Yui went to a couple more lectures. More math and science was drilled into Yui’s head and bored the hell out of Suzaku. These lectures have not provided any additional insight about the reason why she is here, in this body. Lectures will not discover who Yui’s mysterious loved one is. Unable to control Yui’s body, Suzaku became very impatient. It really was absolute boredom to her.

Once Yui’s third lecture of the afternoon was finished, she walked into a dojo not too far from the campus. She changed into a gi in one of the locker rooms. Afterwards, she proceeded into an unused practice room and began to practice her form. Suzaku was amazed by the fluidity of Yui’s form. Each punch, each kick, barely wasted any movement. She could tell that Yui has been practicing her craft for many years.

Then suddenly, Suzaku felt a shift of Yui’s thoughts. The thoughts were flashing back to a boy about 13-14 years of age. They were sparring with each other which Yui was acting out her moves in real life as well. Even she was acting the blows that the boy connected to her. The next thing that happened was a loud clap which stops the shift in Yui’s thoughts.

Yui looked over to the source of the loud clap and saw a middled-age man with black hair and a beard. He was wearing the same gi that Yui was. “Your thoughts are disrupting your training. You didn’t even realize that you were acting out a bout from the past. Right down to the falls.”

“I’m sorry, Sensei. You were right. I was fighting him back when we were in middle school.” Yui walks to one of the walls and grabs a towel that she has taken with her into the room. She wipes the sweat from her face.

“I heard about the stunt you pulled earlier today. Did you attack first?”

“No, Sensei. He tried to threaten me and wanted to prove a point by that threatening me will be trouble on his part. He should have learned his lesson.”

“Yui, what I’m going to do with you sometimes? You have great skill but berserker fury of a bear. If he was here, things would be different I supposed. He always had a calming effect on you. Since he decided to move there, you have been lost in your path. Your skill hasn’t been lacking but your focus has been going all over the place.”

“I know, Sensei. I can’t help it. I want to be with him but unable to do so.”

“What’s holding you back, Yui? If you don’t resolve this, you will never regain your focus. Yui, follow this instruction to the letter. Go to him and don’t come back until you do. You’re no good to me the way you are right now. Now get dress and leave here.”

Yui began to cry and tried to hold back the tears but could not. She hugged Sensei and said happily, “Thank you. I’ll do as you say.”

Yui left the practice room and went back into the locker room. She changed back into her street clothes. As she walked back to her apartment, she made a call to Natsume.

“Natsume, I need a favor from you. Can you cover for me in class for the next couple of days? I’m going on a trip.”

“WHAT TRIP? And why I’m not going? Why do you get to skip school and I don’t?”

“Sorry Natsume, but this trip is rather personal. I’m going to see him. I made up my mind.”

“I understand perfectly. I’m glad that you finally decided to take action. Wish for happiness. I’ll hold down the fort until you get back.”

“Thanks, Natsume. I’ll talk to you when I get back. Goodbye for now.”

“Good luck, Yui-chan.”

Yui put the phone back into her backpack and began what to think when she met with him. Suzaku felt she was getting closer in solving the mystery of her true self. Yui arrived back at her apartment and immediately set her backpack on a table. She went upstairs and opens the closet door to take out a suitcase. Before she could begin to pack what clothes she was going to take, the doorbell rang. Yui went out of the bedroom and walk down to the lower level. She asked who was at the door.

“It’s me, Onee-chan.”

“Rei? Let me unlock the door for you.”

Yui proceed to unlock the door and allow Rei to come in. Rei was about 16-17 years old. He had brown hair that covered up his ears and rather thin. He was about the same height as Yui. Rei takes a seat on the coach as Yui spoke to him. “You have rather bad timing. What do you want so I can be left alone?”

“That’s no way to greet me, Onee-chan. Then again, you couldn’t stand being around us. I have some news to give to you.”

“News? Couldn’t you do this over the phone like other people? I bet the news has to do something with ‘Please come home, Yui. Kaa-san needs you.’ Out with it so I can pack for my trip.”

“Trip? Where are you going? Don’t tell me that you’re going to see him? Well the news do involve him.”

Yui became angry at Rei and grabbed his shirt with her left hand. She had her right fist aim at Rei and was ready to punch him. “What about him? What has happened to him?”

“Let go of me and I will tell you. Beating me up won’t help you to get the news from me, Onee-chan.”

Yui let go of Rei and back off of him and sat down on a chair. “So what’s the news about him?”

“I’m sorry, Onee-chan. I would normally call you about this but this news should be heard face to face. I do know how much he has meant to you and even to me. I’m sorry but he’s in a coma.

At that instant, Yui immediately began crying. She could not hold back the tears or even she did not even want to. She saw Rei shed some tears as well. Meanwhile Suzaku felt like crying as well if she could but at the same time, this was strangely familiar. Then she figured out the whole truth behind this quest. Suzaku’s true self was actually… Yui.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:25 am

Suzaku saw the scene in Yui’s apartment disappeared gradually and went back to the whiteness before she began to watch Yui’s events. She was trying to figure out how she can be Yui but at the same time, she knows that she was Yui. Then she heard a familiar voice but this time, she saw the source of the voice. It was Miaka.

You are just a program avatar I created to help Phoenix defeat the darkness. I thought you were deleted during the mission.

“Actually, your subconscious drew the image of me for your program. I existed for a lot longer even before you became Suzaku, Yui. You have many questions. I will answer some of them. Some others will require Phoenix to be here. So where to start, Suz… I mean Yui.”

How about we start with this whole quest? I cannot be Yui but at the same time, I feel that I am Yui.

“The power of the orb was greater than your current orbs have. In order to fully utilize the power of the orb, you must realize that you were once human. Also your memories as Yui will be returning to you very soon. Have you figured out the comatose boy yet?”

Suzkau looked into her memories and suddenly she received a flash of unfamiliar memories. She really knows that she was Yui in the real world. If the memories were not hers, she would not felt the emotional impact of the memories. These memories of Yui were really Suzaku’s. After looking through the memories, Suzaku became shocked as she knows who was the comatose boy really is.

It’s Kazuma-sama. I knew him even before he became the Phoenix. After I heard the news about Kazuma-sama being comatose, Rei told me about a rumor that he was playing the World before he went into a coma. Following that rumor, I was determined to find out what happened to him. So I entered the World as well but I cannot remember anything after that until I joined with him as Suzaku.

“Correct, Yui. You were close to discovering the people who infect Phoenix with the modified Twilight. For you, that was a bad thing as they had their own plans to get rid of you. They infected you with the same Twilight which had the same results that happened to Shindou. I knew that I had to find you a new body very quickly or you would be spread everywhere like Shindou was. I came about your current body by luck. I discovered its purpose and realized you would better serve him as its personality.”

If that was true, why I did not remember being Yui?

“Because there was not much time. Your current body was about ready to be sent out. Your love for Phoenix would be vital in protecting him until the time comes. I needed you to protect with everything you had. Memories are nothing without the emotion from them. It was easier to allow you to think you were Suzaku. A pet designed to protect Phoenix. But now, your memories are needed for what’s to come. Your new power will help him to overcome the enemies that will stand in his way.”

Wait a second. Why you determining our fates? It sounds like you planned this. Why do we have to fight your enemies?

“Because I can’t. Also there are other factors involved. Unlocking your true power has caused a chain reaction. There will be enemies who have been wanting your and Phoenix’s destruction for a long time will become active because of this. I wished to tell you more but Phoenix should be here when I tell the both of you. Phoenix will know when the time will come for him to speak to me. Now, you must go back to the front lines. He will need your new power to help the Freedom Fighters to rescue Nall from a terrible enemy. But you won’t be able to help him immediately. It will take some time before you’re awakened.”

I am coming, Kazuma-s… That’s right, I’m Yui now. We will be finally reunited, Kazuma. Too bad you can’t remember the true me but at least we won’t be apart.

Suzaku can no longer see the whiteness now or Miaka. She was finally going back to her lover, Phoenix. She has been reborn like he has. They are both the Phoenix, reborn from the ashes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once Suzaku left Miaka’s presence, Miki immediately replaces her. “My mistress, they are beginning to move like you suspected. Your sisters are awakening. They realized that the Trinity is almost complete. Also they are close to finding that cursed legacy.

“Thank you, Miki. Tell me when they find the cursed legacy. Send a message to Phoenix about Suzaku’s eventual return. Also I feel sorry for those two. They didn’t have a choice in this at all.”

“Understood, my mistress. I’ll let you know immediately.”

Miki left the whiteness leaving Miaka alone. She had a somber look on her face as she waited for the next move to happen. Fight Yui and Kazuma. Your fate dictates on it.

[OOC]I had this part written for a while now but the timing wasn't right until now.[/OOC]
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster