Talk about anything you want here, just keep it clean, thank you!

Moderator: Nighthand

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Re: The Current Quest Thread

Post by Nighthand » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:50 am

I officially want to start a discussion here that you all may or may not have been having IC or OOC for the past few weeks/months.

Yamiyo is a big place. There's a lot to do here. It's one of those places that we could stay at for quite a while. So here's the thing. I know a lot of you are gunning to get back to the hideout. My opinion is that, Main's goal for a long time has been to get to Yamiyo, and now that we're here...

Yamiyo town isn't as safe as the hideout for us, but it's relatively safe to make a base camp in. There just might be surprises waiting if we did, too.

If we leave Yamiyo, it might be some time before we find a way back. Who knows?

Ultimately, I'll be leaving the decision up to you. I can plot out things to do whatever happens. So there are two major questions you all need to think about, and I'm encouraging discussion here in this thread about it. I'll even provide small hints and bits of info to help decision-making, if necessary. The questions are:

Once we leave the Prison, do we head for the Towers or do we head for the Town? There's a LOT to do in both places. The Town is a lot more social-oriented, but still with some occasional battles, while the Towers are a lot more battle-oriented, but with some social elements.

Second: If we head to a tower and leave it eventually, or if we head to the town, either way, will you be staying in Yamiyo for a while, or will you be heading back to Lambda and the hideout? Again, either way there can be a lot to do. However, the chances of facing an Elite and possibly defeating them are much greater in Yamiyo. Then again, Lambda ostensibly offers safety and a more cautious and planned approach. Of course, if you leave, it could be difficult to return.

So, think on these things, preferably aloud here.

Oh, and Demorian will be sticking around for a while. Then again, Nall might not. He's a pretty outdated relic of the old days and not many people trust or associate with him these days... So who knows what'll happen?

Raquar
Ikkitousen

Post by Raquar » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:20 pm

I vote for Town and Stay. I think we can be reasonably safe enough in Town to not be in any immediate danger, and think that we can gain a hell of a lot more by exploring here than anywhere else. Also, Nights pointed out in the Server Announcements that any solos or side business can be explained it'll just take a work so I don't think that's a factor.

My Condesnsed Opinion: Find a mini-hideout in Yamiyo town, go there, decide further steps. That's for the immediate future, once we get time to sit down and think for a bit, I think things might go a little smoother as well. And it'll give us that sandbox environment that Dien was pining for.
Level 28 Long Arm
Archspear, Newt Necklace, Smith's Gloves, Wyrm Scale, Kuja's Thong Dress
EXP: [700/1000]

WISHLIST
Levels
Weapons: - All
Armor: Head - Scarab Earring
Body - Nothing until Mid 30's. Ninja Garb Hand - Nothing until Mid 30's. Leg - Nothing until Mid 30's.
Items: Cooked Biles, Darkness Scrolls (Any and All)

Takua
Ikkitousen
Class: Wavemaster

Post by Takua » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:05 pm

I'm kind of tempted for both.

Reason for Towers: Right now, the Elites probably aren't expecting us to go charging up and take one of them out. They may expect an attempt like that after the woman who ran away gets to one of them. If we take off after her now (and successfully guess the tower she'd go up? >.>) we'd either be able to stop her, or if we didn't guess right, we could beat her up one of the towers, take down one of the Elites, and then escape to Town through the Chaos Gate at the top...assuming we can work it, anyways.

Reason for Town: Get there and get kind of safe, for all of the reasons that Raq made as well. We can work on solos or whatever in the town or figure out exactly what to do from the relative safety of that place. Plus, it gives us a chance to explore.

Even though I kind of want to get back to the safety of the regular servers...there's just so much reason to remain here, it'd be a pity to go back.
Takua - Lvl 57 Wavemaster
Wishlist: Levels, Stun Rod, Hag's Wand, Wand of Truth, Ex-Level, Ex-Spheres, and Myth: Demiurge, FL Fukuoka

Zan
Exalted Player

Post by Zan » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:25 pm

Though I haven't been here through most of the quest, I'll be joining up - more or less - pretty soonish. So I'll toss my opinion in, for what it's worth.

I'm with Raq on this. Having a Hideout in Yamiyo would be an amazing 'fuck you' to the Elites, even if it's minor. Having some place of relative safety in the heart of the enemy? Hell to the yeah. As for where to go, I'd lean more towards the town than the towers. Combat is all good and what not, but getting a chance to feel Yamiyo out more would be great. Keeping our ears and eyes open could reveal some pretty helpful/interesting stuff. As Nights put it, we've been wanting to come here for a long ass time. Why not savor it? Really savor it?
Lv. 50 Heavy Blade
Wishlist
Special: Levels, GR Sendai, PL Sakai, Darklore.
W: Tonosama Sword, Mineuchi, Jundachi.
A: Samurai Helm, Able Hands, Rare Greaves.
I: Holy Sap, Treebane, Cooked Bile, Nightbane.
EX: Elemental Summon (Lv. 2), Overdrive (Lv.1), Elemental Attacks (Lv. 2), Enhance Dark, Elemental Breath (Lv. 2).

Raquar
Ikkitousen

Post by Raquar » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:17 am

Is there a guarantee that the girl ran to alert the elites or just that she ran off? She could've gotten trapped in the wasteland too.
Level 28 Long Arm
Archspear, Newt Necklace, Smith's Gloves, Wyrm Scale, Kuja's Thong Dress
EXP: [700/1000]

WISHLIST
Levels
Weapons: - All
Armor: Head - Scarab Earring
Body - Nothing until Mid 30's. Ninja Garb Hand - Nothing until Mid 30's. Leg - Nothing until Mid 30's.
Items: Cooked Biles, Darkness Scrolls (Any and All)

Takua
Ikkitousen
Class: Wavemaster

Post by Takua » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:21 am

She ran off saying that she was going to tell 'them' about what had happened and explain the situation; the only 'them' that I can think that would matter would be the Elites. So...no guarantee, just a possibility.
Takua - Lvl 57 Wavemaster
Wishlist: Levels, Stun Rod, Hag's Wand, Wand of Truth, Ex-Level, Ex-Spheres, and Myth: Demiurge, FL Fukuoka

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:14 pm

Her goal was to tell the Elites about our jailbreak. The question is only whether or not she's able to make it to the towers.

Dien
Exalted Player
Class: Blademaster

Post by Dien » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:01 am

Well that, and whether or not they'll actually, you know, listen to her.

My vote is for town and stay. There's too much opportunity wasted if we leave, especially considering the relative safety of hiding in town. It would be good for someone to try and get word to Raine so she doesn't panic, and I would almost suggest that Sheena take Nall back to Raine so they can sew him together again (though I don't think she'll be keen on leaving us alone with Demorian without the opportunity to return). The good thing about a hideout is that if we're forced to take our leave of Yamiyo, there's a good chance it could still be a safehouse should we ever return, if we're sneaky about it. It also leaves the option of an attack on one of the towers as a future possibility (as it stands now, I really don't think we'd stand a chance at ascending the towers). Not to mention the fact that our characters have been going non-stop since the third hub quest...
Image|||Level 35 Blademaster (+200 EXP)
Wishlist: EXP, Ends of Earth, Armor with Status Effects

Sekai
Ikkitousen
Class: Archer

Post by Sekai » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:57 am

I also like the "fuck you" to the Elites and the, "I'm in ur Root Town, hidin' mah bases" idea.

...dude, leaving us alone with Demorian in charge would set up some fun and interesting stuff. I'll bet he handles things far differently to what the Freedom Fighters (the current ones, anyways) are used to.

EDIT: Sulking because I can't do strikeout text here, damn't. But oh wells.

Name: Sekai
Level: 54
EXP: 0000/1000
Class: Archer
Clan: Army of Darkness
HP: 835
SP: 347

Currently Equipped:

Einherjar: Kira, December, Zorya

Head: Bat Earrings (Ola Repth 40, Rip Maen 40)
Body: Saint Cross (Rue Zot 10, RaJuk Zot 30)
Arm: Protect Ring (Ap Vorma 15, MeJuk Kruz 20)
Leg: Ninja Anklet (BiVak Rom 20, GiGan Zot 30)
Add-Ons: Forestlore, Wood Magic (permanently raised Wood Offense/Defense by +3 total)

Wishlist: Levels, Summon: Wood, Archer Weapons, Light Armor

Talal
Ikkitousen
Class: Twinblade

Post by Talal » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:12 pm

I'm for staying as well even though it means working out a small hiccup in my current storyline, but it's doable.

IC wise, I'm new so never seen the old hideout therefore wouldn't matter to make a new one.
Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Walk beside me that we may be as one.
Talal
Level 39 (0/1000 EXP) Twin Blade

Weapons/Armor: Mukuro (Swirling Dark, Dark Dance), Ice Hunter Cap (Repth), Wristbands (Juk Rom), Fishing Gloves (Rue Kruz), Wyrm Hide (Gan Don), Snow Panther (Ap Vorv)

Wish List: Scrolls, Tarot Cards, and Armor higher than level 30.

Zan
Exalted Player

Post by Zan » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:09 am

...dude, leaving us alone with Demorian in charge would set up some fun and interesting stuff. I'll bet he handles things far differently to what the Freedom Fighters (the current ones, anyways) are used to.
That's just about ten different kinds of juicy.
Lv. 50 Heavy Blade
Wishlist
EX: Elemental Summon (Lv. 2), Overdrive (Lv.1), Elemental Attacks (Lv. 2), Enhance Dark, Elemental Breath (Lv. 2).

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:29 am

So far it's looking like To Town and Stay is the consensus. Unless a lot of people post here relatively soon to disagree, I think that's the way I'm gonna go. That way my next post can bring us out into the Wastelands, rather than waste another round deciding.

Also I don't know what you're talking about Sekai you can totally strike things out. I definitely didn't just add this BBCode or anything, no sir.

Zan
Exalted Player

Post by Zan » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:50 pm

Also, if only skipping to the end part of the miniscule re-introduction solo, anybody in the current quest might want to read this. It has some pretty interesting Tritoch/central tower info. Nighthand was going to let you guys know, but I think I forgot to tell him it was up.
Lv. 50 Heavy Blade
Wishlist

Locke
Ikkitousen
Class: Twin Blade

Post by Locke » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:44 pm

I say town and stay.
Character Information
Baron | Level 47 Twin Blade [100/1000 EXP] | 891 HP / 265 SP
Weapon: Fishskin
Armor: Emperor's Crown/Bone Armor/Thunder Gloves/Ninja Anklet
Accessories/Books: Ethereal Angel Wings, Silver Grunty
Skills: Thunder Coil, Gale of Swords
Spells: Merrows, GiRai Don, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot, Rai Don, Ani Don, Duk Lei
GP: 750 (As of 8/2/15)
Wishlist: Nny Scales, Lucky Shoes, Saint Cross, Greave Sticker, Pet EX-Levels/Spheres(!)

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:15 am

Due to a day of delaying for posts to get in (*looks at everyone who posted today, except tak*) and a long night (*glares at roommate who decided spur of the moment to drag us to harry potter at 10pm*) my post is far from done at the moment. So while I had Tak finish off the snowmen for me while I worked on a post, I've decided to delay.

My post will go up tomorrow in the afternoon. However, this will not change the post date in general. I will post next Friday, assuming all goes according to plan.