Talk about anything you want here, just keep it clean, thank you!

Moderator: Nighthand

Takua
Ikkitousen
Class: Wavemaster

Re: The Current Quest Thread

Post by Takua » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:15 am

Puzzle has been solved.

Await a post from (probably) Baron or Talal, and don't bug Nights about it since it's already done XP
Takua - Lvl 57 Wavemaster
Wishlist: Levels, Stun Rod, Hag's Wand, Wand of Truth, Ex-Level, Ex-Spheres, and Myth: Demiurge, FL Fukuoka

Talal
Ikkitousen
Class: Twinblade

Post by Talal » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:55 pm

Yes, both of our posts should be up sometime today.
Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Walk beside me that we may be as one.
Talal
Level 39 (0/1000 EXP) Twin Blade

Weapons/Armor: Mukuro (Swirling Dark, Dark Dance), Ice Hunter Cap (Repth), Wristbands (Juk Rom), Fishing Gloves (Rue Kruz), Wyrm Hide (Gan Don), Snow Panther (Ap Vorv)

Wish List: Scrolls, Tarot Cards, and Armor higher than level 30.

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:59 pm

Since the puzzle has been solved there's no reason to hide the colors (which was mostly to encourage people to talk to me about it) so here they are.

Raquar: Yellow and Blue
Baron: Brown and Green
Takua: Blue and Yellow
Senna: Green and Brown
Talal: Red and Green
Dien: Red and Yellow
Canti: Green and Yellow
Sekai: Green and Red
Lighteria: Brown and Green
Zan: Red and Yellow
Nall: Brown and Green
Sheena: Brown and Red
Nighthand: Brown and Blue
Demorian: Brown and Red

Takua
Ikkitousen

Post by Takua » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:18 am

I'll be handling Dek's on everyone. If you want to know so you can start working on it (while I wait for some scripting) he Dek's each person as they walk up to the wall and touch it, displaying their colors. At that point...well, you can walk through it, fairly simple XD
Wishlist: Levels, Stun Rod, Hag's Wand, Wand of Truth, Ex-Level, Ex-Spheres, and Myth: Demiurge, FL Fukuoka

Dien
Exalted Player
Class: Blademaster

Post by Dien » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:02 am

First order of business, we need to figure out elements on Tritoch: I'm sure that there are some that hurt him more than others, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he has passive immunity/regeneration by certain elements. For the moment, there's no telling what he's like in close-quarters combat, though I think it's safe to say that anyone less than level 40 won't even last a round against him. I don't doubt that he's got the ability to take all of us out in a single blow, either (well, except for maybe Nall 'cause of the Twilight Item and whatnot). That said, I think the best thing to do is experiment with different attacks to find out what kind of arsenal he's got, and then pick up some kind of strategy from there. By that plan to delay forming a plan, it would probably be best if someone sat off to the side, observing the beast.
Image|||Level 35 Blademaster (+200 EXP)
Wishlist: EXP, Ends of Earth, Armor with Status Effects

Takua
Ikkitousen

Post by Takua » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:48 am

His elements, before he got buffed, were Rue, Vak and Rai. I somehow doubt that those would have switched around suddenly, especially given the rather nice hint that Nights gave us that he's still only three elements (it's on his last post on page 6). Juk, Gan and Ani are thus what he'd be weak to. I'll go ahead and say that Juk and Gan are probably going to be best unless Ani happens to be super!uber critical damage.

Also, from what Nights has said, this is a fight on the level of Jett, so figure that we're practically fighting a very weak Elite.

I was thinking. Perhaps we could, after it gets up and starts to fight, kinda drag it over to the town slowly and attempt to get him to deal some damage? Having several hundred allies would be nice if we could handle it. I have no doubt that Tritoch will attempt to dissuade us of that tactic, and he won't be able to do so until after this round is over. For now I figure beat-down/debuff if we can as well as getting ready for...well, dying a lot.

Also, slicing off those arms would be nice. Less attacks from summons we get, the better?

Raquar
Ikkitousen

Post by Raquar » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:00 am

I highly doubt that Tritoch will be "weak" against any element personally, but I could be mistaken. If you read up on the chronicles Rai seems to be his main element (I think) so I'd think Ani would deal the most damage in that case. I think there might've been almost something about Physical tolerance as well. Anywho, drawing it to town is definitely the best idea, and I think that we might have a better chance if a couple people try to sneak by, especially if its distracted with Demorian and Nights.
Level 28 Long Arm
Archspear, Newt Necklace, Smith's Gloves, Wyrm Scale, Kuja's Thong Dress
EXP: [700/1000]

WISHLIST
Levels
Weapons: - All
Armor: Head - Scarab Earring
Body - Nothing until Mid 30's. Ninja Garb Hand - Nothing until Mid 30's. Leg - Nothing until Mid 30's.
Items: Cooked Biles, Darkness Scrolls (Any and All)

Lord Canti
Exalted Player

Post by Lord Canti » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:28 am

I can't verify if he's phys-tolerant still, but Canti is assuming that his alignments are same until something says differently. And since I've discovered that he DOES use lots of Rai, Ani is probably viable. Just how viable is unknown to me as of yet. All I know is that it can hit, and that Tritoch started spamming lightning at me. (The latter may mean entirely nothing, of course, since he's kinda' nutso.)
I'll have a doozy of a sig later, I swear. It'll reflect ".hack//CODE" an' everything.

Hey look! A profile! It's got items and stats and things! Cool! If it isn't fully up to date, it will be, so don't worry 'bout it.

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:32 am

One thing to note is that his spells so far are highly edited. You can tell basically what they are (you'll recognize a rom spell as a rom spell, even if it's not a tornado erupting from the ground) and a general power level (this one's stronger than that one! sort of deal) but specifics aren't available. He also has no status bar; you can't see HP, no damage numbers, and the like.

His wing-stubs don't appear to be bleeding or even look like wounds; they seem to be scarred or healed over. No visible regeneration of the wings at least.

Talal
Ikkitousen
Class: Twinblade

Post by Talal » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:34 pm

Personally, I'm lost as to what I can do to help in the damage department. I'm kinda on the bottom of the food chain in levels, not that levels are everything and I'm lacking a hack that I can use like most of you against him (Takua and Baron aside of course). If I managed to hit, I'm assuming it wouldn't damage or perhaps only do 1 or 2 HP.

Sooo....I'd be happy to play run around like a chicken with my head cut off type decoy and buy someone some time to get a spell off? Or I could play back up healing support type. I also noticed someone mention having a couple of people sneak around but what are they sneaking around to do? Maybe I can help with that?

If any of this sounds plausible and might work into any of your plans, please feel free to shoot me an IM/PM.
Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Walk beside me that we may be as one.
Talal
Level 39 (0/1000 EXP) Twin Blade

Weapons/Armor: Mukuro (Swirling Dark, Dark Dance), Ice Hunter Cap (Repth), Wristbands (Juk Rom), Fishing Gloves (Rue Kruz), Wyrm Hide (Gan Don), Snow Panther (Ap Vorv)

Wish List: Scrolls, Tarot Cards, and Armor higher than level 30.

Locke
Ikkitousen
Class: Twin Blade

Post by Locke » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:05 pm

Same as what Talal said. At best I'll prolly be tossing out a few summons and spells (Merrows, Vulcan, GiRai Don, OrmeAni Kruz all for you guys), but for the most part I'll probably be best for support/decoy. If you have a role for me, send me a PM/in-post flashmail and I'll get to it. Other than that, I won't be much for an in-depth post if I can at all, because I have a very, very important guest visiting this entire week. Just fyi.
Last edited by Locke on Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Character Information
Baron | Level 47 Twin Blade [100/1000 EXP] | 891 HP / 265 SP
Weapon: Fishskin
Armor: Emperor's Crown/Bone Armor/Thunder Gloves/Ninja Anklet
Accessories/Books: Ethereal Angel Wings, Silver Grunty
Skills: Thunder Coil, Gale of Swords
Spells: Merrows, GiRai Don, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot, Rai Don, Ani Don, Duk Lei
GP: 750 (As of 8/2/15)
Wishlist: Nny Scales, Lucky Shoes, Saint Cross, Greave Sticker, Pet EX-Levels/Spheres(!)

Lord Canti
Exalted Player

Post by Lord Canti » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:57 pm

Oh, you're clever, Nighthand. Very clever indeed. :mrgreen:

There he is, or what he's based upon, probably. Tritoch, an Esper with fire, ice, and lightning as his command. A bit draconic, a bit feathery, a bit chimeric... Perfect. Mind you, the Admin-guy's obviously different, but I thought I'd heard the name before and...I recall fighting that one to be a trial in of itself.

Oh, and I have some Darkness items, Wood items, etc. that I could be spreading around when I'm not dead.
I'll have a doozy of a sig later, I swear. It'll reflect ".hack//CODE" an' everything.

Hey look! A profile! It's got items and stats and things! Cool! If it isn't fully up to date, it will be, so don't worry 'bout it.

Raquar
Ikkitousen

Post by Raquar » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:45 am

I've got a Dek Anid that I'll try to slap on him but the success rate is likely about 1% or so so we'll see what happens. I also like Canti have a bunch of darkness scrolls and the like that could be spread around a bit.
Level 28 Long Arm
Archspear, Newt Necklace, Smith's Gloves, Wyrm Scale, Kuja's Thong Dress
EXP: [700/1000]

WISHLIST
Levels
Weapons: - All
Armor: Head - Scarab Earring
Body - Nothing until Mid 30's. Ninja Garb Hand - Nothing until Mid 30's. Leg - Nothing until Mid 30's.
Items: Cooked Biles, Darkness Scrolls (Any and All)

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:43 am

I'm not that 'clever' Canti =P I just used the esper as a basis for the chimera that he turned into. The elemental trio and the name were Asgard's work, back when he was GM.

Incidentally, in my next post, Sheena is going to try to get Nall and make a run for the town. At the very least she needs to get Nall away from the battlefield. After, she might come back to help, or she might not, depending on what the situation looks like. Chances are, though, she'll be guarding and fixing Nall and too busy to help with Tritoch.

Lord Canti
Exalted Player

Post by Lord Canti » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:45 am

Pay the man a compliment and he gets all tetchy. I just liked the reference and all. I mean, unless Asgard's parting instructions were "Take my looney Admin and make him into direct homage.", I figure the credit goes where it should. Any person should stay true to their own style.

That being said, Tritoch is probably true to himself on the fire-ice-lightning deal. Unless... Well, I'd better not say it. 'Cause even if that thought is wrong, it might become a self-fulfilling prophecy once it's spoken. I mean, who knows how unstable Tritoch really is (and I don't mean in mind)?

Still, ummm...if the Physical Tolerance remains - that's assuming anyone's crazy enough to find out - I have the proper bane for that. I mean, he was a Wavemaster, so his defense was lower than anyone else his level. If his upgrade is consistant, then removing the theoretical tolerance could also expose a weakness. Although, that IS a bit on the crazy side, really.