Talk about anything you want here, just keep it clean, thank you!

Moderator: Nighthand

Locke
Ikkitousen
Class: Twin Blade

Re: The Current Quest Thread

Post by Locke » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:50 pm

I've got the shield down. But now we've got these fun bubbles of doom floating around, about 28 remaining. Hit them and talk to Nights to see what they do... the first one made me burn. That wasn't all that fun. The second one after my revival paralyzed me, Tak, Demorian, and Zan. So yeah. But I imagine taking them out ASAP is a good idea.

So yeah. Toss out some Antidotes or the spell equivalent, thank ya very much.
Character Information
Baron | Level 47 Twin Blade [100/1000 EXP] | 891 HP / 265 SP
Weapon: Fishskin
Armor: Emperor's Crown/Bone Armor/Thunder Gloves/Ninja Anklet
Accessories/Books: Ethereal Angel Wings, Silver Grunty
Skills: Thunder Coil, Gale of Swords
Spells: Merrows, GiRai Don, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot, Rai Don, Ani Don, Duk Lei
GP: 750 (As of 8/2/15)
Wishlist: Nny Scales, Lucky Shoes, Saint Cross, Greave Sticker, Pet EX-Levels/Spheres(!)

Raquar
Ikkitousen

Post by Raquar » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:52 pm

It appears that the bubbles alternate in a pattern. The odd numbers popped yield an instant death in a release of elemental energy, first Vak then Rue, could possibly be that they will go in pairs. The even numbers popped yield a status effect, though whether it affects one or all I'm not sure. Also, I have reason to believe that Tritoch can also be affected by the bubbles, and that that might be something we want to take into consideration.
Level 28 Long Arm
Archspear, Newt Necklace, Smith's Gloves, Wyrm Scale, Kuja's Thong Dress
EXP: [700/1000]

WISHLIST
Levels
Weapons: - All
Armor: Head - Scarab Earring
Body - Nothing until Mid 30's. Ninja Garb Hand - Nothing until Mid 30's. Leg - Nothing until Mid 30's.
Items: Cooked Biles, Darkness Scrolls (Any and All)

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:21 am

Tritoch is in fact affected by the bubbles; point of interest, the one Raq popped that "cursed everything on the field" cursed Tritoch as well. He just doesn't care due to his nigh-infinite SP.

Lord Canti
Exalted Player

Post by Lord Canti » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:19 am

I'm curious. When I popped the AoE poison bubble, I was being flung out of his radius of cover. Does that mean he was also poisoned?
I'll have a doozy of a sig later, I swear. It'll reflect ".hack//CODE" an' everything.

Hey look! A profile! It's got items and stats and things! Cool! If it isn't fully up to date, it will be, so don't worry 'bout it.

Locke
Ikkitousen

Post by Locke » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:32 am

Talal, in response to your OOC - the reason Tak/Dien/I are all sleeping happens in my post. Sekai's the only one left sleeping from Dien's post.
Character Information
Wishlist: Nny Scales, Lucky Shoes, Saint Cross, Greave Sticker, Pet EX-Levels/Spheres(!)

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:44 am

Tritoch is in fact both cursed and poisoned. Also, of the four effects; sleep and paralyze are limited AoE, curse and poison affect a massive radius, enough to get everyone.

Dien
Exalted Player
Class: Blademaster

Post by Dien » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:40 pm

For the time being, I think a viable strategy is to try and push Tritoch into the bubbles. I look at it this way: those bubbles are one-hit-kills for any of us in the group, which means they are capable of dealing out a shitton of elemental damage that doesn't seem to care about the MDef stat. While Tritoch seems to work without HP, I figure we can at least use the bastard's defenses against him.

That, and I have an idea. If possible, get underneath the beast and target a bubble with a spell (preferably a Don or Kruz of some kind). Then, pray that the result of the popped balloon is Sleep or Paralyze so we can have clear access to the glowy rune of Colossal doom...
Image|||Level 35 Blademaster (+200 EXP)
Wishlist: EXP, Ends of Earth, Armor with Status Effects

Lord Canti
Exalted Player

Post by Lord Canti » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:37 am

Talal and I are working on teaming up on a plan revolving around the FM I sent out while third-time-dead in my latest post.

EDIT: So I did make him hit a bubble. Awesomesauce and all that. Question is...what'd I do to him?
I'll have a doozy of a sig later, I swear. It'll reflect ".hack//CODE" an' everything.

Hey look! A profile! It's got items and stats and things! Cool! If it isn't fully up to date, it will be, so don't worry 'bout it.

Talal
Ikkitousen
Class: Twinblade

Post by Talal » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:04 pm

Just an update for everyone. Canti and Talal managed to get inside the circle of bubbles and get up close and personal with Tritoch briefly. It was long enough that Canti did some more damage to his chest rune thingy and Talal kinda set part of his torso on fire which in the end got them both ghosted. Posts will be up as soon as we finish some scripting. Just note, Tritoch is still partially on fire and sitting on Talal so I'm not sure what that does for being resurrected. I don't exactly want to be brought back in the middle of a fire. o.o
Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Walk beside me that we may be as one.
Talal
Level 39 (0/1000 EXP) Twin Blade

Weapons/Armor: Mukuro (Swirling Dark, Dark Dance), Ice Hunter Cap (Repth), Wristbands (Juk Rom), Fishing Gloves (Rue Kruz), Wyrm Hide (Gan Don), Snow Panther (Ap Vorv)

Wish List: Scrolls, Tarot Cards, and Armor higher than level 30.

Locke
Ikkitousen

Post by Locke » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:30 am

Sorry my post is taking so long to go up, but I've had a series of computer problems, leading to a pair of reformats and redownloads, so... I'll get to it once everything is stable. If it ever is. -_-
Character Information

Takua
Ikkitousen
Class: Wavemaster

Post by Takua » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:29 pm

>.> A wonderful...lack of posting here. Come on guys, don't make us fail the quest now that he's in his final stage and can, you know, actually be damaged by attacks.

Anyways, two things of note.

He uses the spheres around him as both attack and defense. When he needs to defend badly, he blows away everything in the area, and his robes change color to the element that he used. When he wants to attack, he grabs one of the globes and rapes us with it. Note that Demorian is currently in a very, very painful version of paralyze because of a Rai globe, and I've died every hit.

He also seems to warp when he wants to >.>

My post will be up today (has to be, duh) after I script a little more with Nights.
Takua - Lvl 57 Wavemaster
Wishlist: Levels, Stun Rod, Hag's Wand, Wand of Truth, Ex-Level, Ex-Spheres, and Myth: Demiurge, FL Fukuoka

Locke
Ikkitousen

Post by Locke » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:47 pm

Sorry about my lack, things have picked up in terms of being busy lately, but now that it's finally settled I'll be bugging Nights. Hopefully I can toss together a nice little post tonight or tomorrow.

Just make sure I get a rezz, Tak, I'm still dead. >_>;
Character Information

Talal
Ikkitousen
Class: Twinblade

Post by Talal » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:24 pm

Just to note...

I took care of resurrecting Tak and he res'd everyone else that needed it. My post should be up here shortly as soon as I finish some scripting with Nights.
Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Walk beside me that we may be as one.
Talal
Level 39 (0/1000 EXP) Twin Blade

Weapons/Armor: Mukuro (Swirling Dark, Dark Dance), Ice Hunter Cap (Repth), Wristbands (Juk Rom), Fishing Gloves (Rue Kruz), Wyrm Hide (Gan Don), Snow Panther (Ap Vorv)

Wish List: Scrolls, Tarot Cards, and Armor higher than level 30.

Raquar
Ikkitousen

Post by Raquar » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:39 am

There are no bubbles left. They all got destroyed in the explosion. The only thing left are 24 charges, 8 Vak, 8 Rue, and 8 Rai.
Level 28 Long Arm
Archspear, Newt Necklace, Smith's Gloves, Wyrm Scale, Kuja's Thong Dress
EXP: [700/1000]

WISHLIST
Levels
Weapons: - All
Armor: Head - Scarab Earring
Body - Nothing until Mid 30's. Ninja Garb Hand - Nothing until Mid 30's. Leg - Nothing until Mid 30's.
Items: Cooked Biles, Darkness Scrolls (Any and All)

Locke
Ikkitousen

Post by Locke » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:37 am

Okay, so post didn't go up as fast as I thought it would. Hopefully today I can get some serious work done (as it is class, which means I write and take notes as a secondary objective. :3) before I get back to my dorm - KH 358/2 days is addictive as hell. T_T

Also: Talal? Be bossy/assertive more often. That was awesome. XD
Character Information