In need of some reading material? Buy powerful scrolls here.
Librarian: Neona

Moderator: Nighthand

Lord Canti
Exalted Player

Re: Going for a Walk

Post by Lord Canti » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:23 am

(Well, how else would you expect him to tackle a situation? You've seen him leaping, kamikaze-like into action, a real risk-taker of a player. Why would he do or be anything different? Canti was a severe case of 'Nothing ventured, nothing gained'. He goes for it. He just finds some sort of way to go forward and follows through if he can. That's just how he is. You have to be willing to put effort into that, to take the risk a little. You may succeed or you may fail, but you need to do it and learn from it, whatever the result. If Talal was in a situation where she felt something, he had to admit that there was an attraction on his end too, if there was one. And really, it seemed more likely that with his repeated association and trust in her, that this was the case. He had never really tried, because his answer to being alone suddenly in life had been to hunker down and focus on surviving, before. Survival wasn't always enough, and it would not happen alone. To be a part of someone else's life, the life of someone who wants you to join them, is ultimately worth it, something to be strived for, if you can. The two of them had obviously been testing the waters of what was safe or right or comfortable, gradually finding themselves closer to each other, socially.)

Canti: A real piece of work, we are.

(But he had said his peace. He had pressed forward and hoped that this did not, in turn, push her away by some means. Although, judging by the expression on her face, it would seem not to be the case. The other Twin Blade looked barely able to contain herself. Indeed, the very next moment, Canti was on the receiving end of the second surprise hug he had ever received, in-game or in-life. Like before, he was almost overcome, the welcoming feeling surrounding him faster than his brain seemed able to process it. It only lasted a second, though. A warm embrace isn't something you think about. It's something that you allow, that you...well...embrace. It was her answer to the situation. She was saying 'Yes, I agree', and so after a second or two of inaction, he put his arms around Talal, holding her comfortably above the waist. Really, he could have included his wings as well, but that could be another time. Let the moment be what it is and enjoy it. It had to be the warmest feeling he'd had since he was 14, before his father died, and it was good to be reminded of what that was like. Eventually - Hey, no one was counting the seconds of that minute, okay? - Talal pulled back and the two of them faced each other once more.)

"What do we do now?"

Canti: Well, unfortunately, it won't be long before Nighthand and them call us back in 'cause they've made a decision. I'm glad that we got this out in the open, but we still have to do some item shopping and do what we have to do.

(The last fence-sitter elite, the mind-reader in his tower... They had to go get him, for good or for ill. Without knowing anything about him except the scant information he'd been told, Canti was almost inclined to use their one-use key to give him as little time as possible to read them and prepare, one way or the other. It was only the possibility of using it against the elites they definitely needed to kill that made him think otherwise. But for now, it was about re-filling their item bags and finding the new hideout. One thing, though...)

Canti: Before we go, or even along the way, tell me stuff. Where do you live? What do you do? I know I've said as much myself. I don't remember if you did at all. You were worried about us being apart. Tell me where you are. Maybe we can work something out.
Last edited by Lord Canti on Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'll have a doozy of a sig later, I swear. It'll reflect ".hack//CODE" an' everything.

Hey look! A profile! It's got items and stats and things! Cool! If it isn't fully up to date, it will be, so don't worry 'bout it.

Talal
Ikkitousen
Class: Twinblade

Post by Talal » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:11 am

When she felt his arms wrap around her, all of her worries seemed to melt away. Talal knew deep down that this outcome could be just a fluke of fate and that if she chose to trust someone else with something just as important but obviously different, it may not have the same positive outcome. The thought scared her but she hoped that with Canti by her side, her inner confidence would grow to match that of her in-character Twin Blade confidence. She squeezed her arms around him a little tighter, her body and soul filling with a comfort that she too had not felt since a young age and she really enjoyed it. Happy that he hadn't taken it any further than what she had offered. This was all very new and as happy as Talal was, taken things slow would be best. After all, it had taken time for their friendship to build, why shouldn't a more personal relationship be the same?

His response was expected even though she was curious about the relationship side of things as well. Talal nodded. "You're right, we've probably lingered way too long as it is. I do need to stock up badly. I was running pretty low there towards the end." She turned towards Shadow who had remained uncaningly silent through this whole ordeal. Not even his normal dry humor remark that he probably didn't know he had. Talal reached up both hands and began to scratch his back and side vigorously and then finally hit that one sweet spot that she knew he liked so well. Her face got right up to his ear so she could whisper. "Next time, you better warn me when he gets all stealthy like that...you big lug." She chuckled softly and scratched him a little longer, her head turning up to Canti with a smile. It said volumes for how she felt inside at that moment. A smile he had never seen from her before. It wasn't that smile filled with silly laughter or the smile of a job well done. No...this was a young girl smile that felt safe, comfortable and very happy with the two she was with. Canti already allowing his interest to shine through and ask the questions that she had been avoiding in most of their conversations.

Finishing her appreciative scratching session with Shadow, Talal stood up. "It's true...I admit I've been dancing around those answers. We should be going though, just in case the others are already on the move to the new hideout. I promise to answer everything you want to know both while we shop and whenever else you may think of something you want to know." She smiled, not wanting him to ever feel uncertain about her. Talal headed for the edge of the roof where she and Shadow had come up.
Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Walk beside me that we may be as one.
Talal
Level 39 (0/1000 EXP) Twin Blade

Weapons/Armor: Mukuro (Swirling Dark, Dark Dance), Ice Hunter Cap (Repth), Wristbands (Juk Rom), Fishing Gloves (Rue Kruz), Wyrm Hide (Gan Don), Snow Panther (Ap Vorv)

Wish List: Scrolls, Tarot Cards, and Armor higher than level 30.

Lord Canti
Exalted Player

Post by Lord Canti » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:48 am

"You're right, we've probably lingered way too long as it is. I do need to stock up badly. I was running pretty low there towards the end."

(The lingering just sort of happened, but it wasn't bad that it did. As for Shadow being silent - supposedly uncharacteristically - he was simply pilot about this sort of thing. He served the dark Twin Blade, and he didn't feel like this was a moment he'd want to get interrupted by. Rey did an excellent job of this dog. He had the good sense to let a moment BE a moment. Of course, as soon as Talal got up and whispered to him, he was like "I didn't know he was there.". If Talal herself hadn't guessed and Shadow hadn't guessed, then Canti had really been playing the stealth card there. When she straightened up again and faced the now-standing winged Twin Blade... Now, that was a smile. It said 'I'm grateful for all that you've done, all that you've been.'. With them all on their feet now, there was only the questions now.)

"It's true...I admit I've been dancing around those answers. We should be going though, just in case the others are already on the move to the new hideout. I promise to answer everything you want to know both while we shop and whenever else you may think of something you want to know."

Canti: And don't be afraid to ask me stuff, okay? We've been through some bad times and we don't wanna step on each other's toes, but it's alright for you pry. This is all part of my master plan to rejoin society.

(He was saying it in a joking manner, but he was kind of serious, there. He and Shadow came to the edge of the building, as she had. Ah, so that's the way they got up here. Dem crates were almost like steps. Big jumping steps, but steps nonetheless. Well, once they were back on the ground, it wasn't very a long way from the bazaar. Shadow jumped down first, no ill effects or balance issues. Even Talal's issue with heights wouldn't be severe here. It wasn't all that high and it was easy enough to get down.)

Canti: We can just talk in Whisper Mode and no one'll be able to hear, at any rate. After you.
Last edited by Lord Canti on Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'll have a doozy of a sig later, I swear. It'll reflect ".hack//CODE" an' everything.

Hey look! A profile! It's got items and stats and things! Cool! If it isn't fully up to date, it will be, so don't worry 'bout it.

Talal
Ikkitousen

Post by Talal » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:50 am

His understanding and willingness to want to share and maybe even pry a little was probably one of the best things he could have said at that point. It just kept solidifying her trust in him was not misplaced. Not that he had to constantly reassure her, but to be fair, trusting anyone was new ground for the young woman. It wouldn't matter how much she thought she trusted him, that little demon on her shoulder wasn't going to be far away or silent all of the time. Talal knew there would be constant tests that would come up. Something that would make her question but she also knew that she needed to stay strong and true to the path she chose. That path being Canti...or rather...Jake as she recalled him telling her once. It felt weird to think of him as his real world name. He was Canti, her fellow Twin Blade and friend. Perhaps when all was said and done, his real name would roll off of her tongue a little better. The whole thing made her think. She couldn't remember if she had ever shared her real name with him. How would he ever find her? Certainly not by Talal. No one would know her by that name in her small town. His half joking comment about his reintroduction into society made her laugh. She knew he was partly serious though, only because of the conversation they had just had a few minutes prior. "Well, I'm not sure how much 'society' we have in my small town but I'll see what I can do to help you with that." She smiled and jumped down the make shift staircase.

They were off to the bazar and Talal nodded, setting her system to whisper mode. It actually made a lot of sense considering they were trying to stay low. Who's to say what people might be listening in and it wouldn't be good to be sharing personal information for them to somehow use against them.

"I'm from a very small ocean town in Oregon. It's called Canon Beach. I am a cashier at the local grocery store. Not very glamorous or adventurous I'm afraid. Nothing like being here" she said as they walked. "My name is Kali....by the way. I can't remember if I've told you that or not. It would be hard to locate me without it, although not impossible. It really is a small town." she chuckled softly below her grin. "Do you think we will wake up okay? I mean...I've heard that people in comas don't always wake up the same way they were when they fell asleep. But maybe because we have been keeping our minds fresh in here, we will be okay." There was obvious concern in her voice and it wasn't really a question about Canti but something that had weighed heavily on her mind.
Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Walk beside me that we may be as one.
Talal

Weapons/Armor: Mukuro (Swirling Dark, Dark Dance), Ice Hunter Cap (Repth), Wristbands (Juk Rom), Fishing Gloves (Rue Kruz), Wyrm Hide (Gan Don), Snow Panther (Ap Vorv)

Lord Canti
Exalted Player

Post by Lord Canti » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:45 pm

"Well, I'm not sure how much 'society' we have in my small town, but I'll see what I can do to help you with that."

(The two of them hopped down and reached the ground now, Canti taking it in one go because his wings slowed him down, regardless of the drop. Whisper Mode would keep things quiet enough, and a good thing too, because he didn't want to be heard aloud for anything he had to say next. You see, Talal and Shadow had gone down through Gan Sector. Far enough, in fact, that continuing on might be quicker than going back. And to do that, they had to go through Rue Sector. That was almost as bad as going through Rai during the Suraisu hunt. Still, with Shadow walking by them - again, the tough dog look going on - they headed for the gate from Gan to Rue.)

"I'm from a very small ocean town in Oregon. It's called Canon Beach. I am a cashier at the local grocery store. Not very glamorous or adventurous I'm afraid. Nothing like being here"

Canti: This place weirds me out. I prefer Carmina Gadelica, if you wanna talk cool server towns, so a pleasant beach would be preferrable about now.

(They were headed into Rue Sector now, and suddenly the motif was a bit more...wet and sea-like, rather than all stoney like the previous one. It was a real shift in appearance. Seashell buildings, ice buildings, a man who looked like Mr. Freeze... Canti was a bit nervous now. Fortunately, it's not like he actually looked like he had a weakness for water and ice. He'd played up the dark look more than the fire.)

"My name is Kali....by the way. I can't remember if I've told you that or not. It would be hard to locate me without it, although not impossible. It really is a small town."

(Kali... Not so much the portrait of the multi-limbed war god, but of a nice girl from a small town. Remembering that she had described herself as similar, but brown-haired, Canti could picture her at any sort of store he ever went to. It wasn't bad at all.)

Canti: It would be a matter of asking your local hospital, I think. Any suspicion of weirdness would be blown away by the fact that I'd been through similar. Of course, it'd help immensely if you left note that you were expecting a guy from Boston, name of Damon Fortis.

(He was putting on a bit of confidence so he didn't look nervous while going through this sector. Not long now...)

"Do you think we will wake up okay? I mean...I've heard that people in comas don't always wake up the same way they were when they fell asleep. But maybe because we have been keeping our minds fresh in here, we will be okay."

Canti: From what I gather, we're all stable. In fact, we're only in trouble when our characters are in trouble. I think Rey's writing a dissertation on this stuff, but her investigation has led her to me because I discovered her infiltration and she saw when I was put in the coma in Mac Anu. All of this stuff is gonna blow things wide open. But still...I think we'll be fine. I think our brains are okay. I know you will be. You haven't been here that long, compared to me or Nighthand. I'm more worried about the older crew, especially Nall. He's been through hell.

(Elite hell, you could say.)

Talal
Ikkitousen

Post by Talal » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:30 am

To be honest, she'd been just walking along with Canti. Her mind going in several directions not realizing that they started walking towards the Rue sector. She had originally planned on doing most of her shopping in Gan. It was where she was the most comfortable. They must have been walking at a pretty decent pace as they had already made it to the Rue sector before she even gave him her name. Speaking of...where did she get Jake from? Talal thought on this for a good couple of blocks. Maybe she thought he looked like a Jake? Or maybe she was just thinking of a conversation with someone else. For whatever reason, the name Jake had stuck in her mind but Damon was much better. It was different and unique unlike Jake which felt rather common and didn't match Canti's personality at all. They continued to walk and Talal realized there were many strange people in Rue but the buildings and artifacts spread throughout the district made her feel more at home and it made the young girl wonder why she hadn't visited this sector more often when she had free time. Wait! They haven't really had a lot of free time so that MUST be the answer. inwardly, her mind running, she chuckled softly at her own thoughts.

Having said her peace about the comas and waking up from them, she listened to Canti's opinion of it. He made some very good points and also ones that made her very sad and a bit worried. Canti had been comatose longer than she had. Perhaps it would she that would be going to Boston to find him. Talal knew she should be more concerned about her fellow Freedom Fighters but to be fair, she'd finally found someone that was important to her and felt the same way...or at least was leaning heavily in that direction enough to give it a chance to grow and see where it took them.

"Carmina Gadelica, is that the one with all the sky bridges? If not, I haven't been to that server yet. I really hadn't been in the game long before our encounter with Xenobia....sadly." She paused watching another strange person walk by. "If it is the one with the bridges...I'm not sure even you could help me enough to want to go back there." She laughed through a smile. Obviously comfortable talking about her fears with him since he knew that part of her so well but it only last a moment as her thoughts went back to the coma part of the conversation.

"So...maybe you should do the same. Maybe it will be I that comes to find you." She smiled

"Would you like to shop here or wait until we get to...where exactly were we headed anyway? I was originally going to shop back in Gan." Brown eyes looked over at him. There was still a shimmer in them that would not fade anytime soon but there was also a bit of confusion. That's when she noticed his façade. To anyone else he would have been successful, but he hadn't been the only one paying attention to body language and personality. Not that she would let on loudly that she could tell he was uncomfortable in Rue. She wanted so badly to reach over and grab his hand. Part to support him while they finished their walk through Rue but also....just to hold hands while they weren't around the rest of the group. The group...how would this work around them? Did they need to hide it? Keep it a secret? Not that they were going to hang all over each other but knowing what she knows now and how she feels, Talal wasn't going to be able to hide...the inner glow. No matter how much you tried, someone always notices and then your cornered. It should be something they discuss before they head to wherever the new hideout was going to be but bringing it up right now, made her feel like it would put an immediate downer on this new chapter for both of them so she would let it go for now and waited for him to decide where exactly they were going to shop.
Talal

Lord Canti
Exalted Player

Post by Lord Canti » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:32 am

"Carmina Gadelica, is that the one with all the sky bridges? If not, I haven't been to that server yet. I really hadn't been in the game long before our encounter with Xenobia....sadly. If it is the one with the bridges...I'm not sure even you could help me enough to want to go back there."

(Sky bridges? He hadn't been to Fort Ouph- No wait, that was really a castle, so... Ah, now he got it. Canti shook his head.)

Canti: That's Dun Loireag. I've been there.

Shadow: So have I.

Canti: Carmina Gadelica is a city-looking place that's always nighttime. I've always found it relaxing, moreso than Mac Anu.

(The Twin Blade paused a moment, then turned to Shadow.)

Canti: When the hell did you go there?

Shadow: When I was looking for you.

Canti: ...Oh.

(That made sense. Uhh...moving along. They weren't that far from the southern gate of Rue to the Bazaar now. Talal mentioned that perhaps he should the same and tell someone when he woke up - probably Reyome - that he was expecting company...but he decided to take it in a funny way.)

Canti: I can't tell people I'm waiting for Damon Fortis. They'll put me away! Or at least look at me funny.

"Would you like to shop here or wait until we get to...where exactly were we headed anyway? I was originally going to shop back in Gan."

Canti: Well, I was just going to head to the Bazaar where all the things are. I don't know exactly what's in Gan, and I don't feel like hanging around Rue... I was figuring on us heading down there - and I thought that's where you were headed as well, but giving yourself time to think - to handle everything and then transport over to wherever everyone else settles on.

(Yes, he was uncomfortable here and he wasn't really hiding that from her. It was perfectly ordinary, since this place was his antithesis and he could get SO blasted right now if somebody wanted to. You wouldn't say that this was a fear like Talal's height phobia, but he'd be worried if some water/ice dudes desided to make trouble for him. Of course, they were a pretty tough trio, so maybe he wasn't so bad off. Shadow didn't have his weakness to Rue. He was purely a darkness hound. With the southern gate in view now, though, Canti had a thought.)

Canti: Okay, it looks like we might end up competing on who's going to who here. I know I can get a car from the shop. I'm guessing you've got ways. Here's what I want to know... What should we bring in for the other when we meet? I'm thinking in terms of lunch. I dunno what condition my things are in, but I'm guessing on hold 'till I get back...maybe. I at least have some money. So, any requests? I'd be satisfied with a good pizza.

Talal
Ikkitousen

Post by Talal » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:53 am

"That sounds really nice. I like nighttime so I can sit on the beach and look up at the stars as they make the sky sparkle with the sound of the ocean waves crashing in the background. That's relaxing to me."

When she heard him turn what she said back on her in a funny way, Talal laughed but still took her hand and joking shoved his shoulder. "Alright, alright.... haha.. very funny." He knew what she meant but his reaction lightened the mood back up, not that it was all that deep or heavy. These were the times she enjoyed with Canti. The ones where they weren't up to their asses in bad guys are dodging fire balls and spells. They were just two kids having fun, going for a walk and sharing a few laughs. They talked about where they were headed and Canti was right. The bazaar would have a little bit of everything. A one-stop shopping center except for maybe the rarer items that were probably not legal to have in the game anyways but still existed just like in real life.

"The bazaar is a great idea. I guess you could say my mind was a bit preoccupied so I wasn't really thinking things through before I left." The Twin Blade walked along with him, picking up her step a little so they could exit Rue faster. It didn't matter either way to her but if it made him uncomfortable, she could certainly oblige by walking faster towards the exit. It was then Canti's spirit about their new friendship started springing thoughts and the thoughts....were very very tasty sounding. Talal's eyes grew large in an excited way as she looked at him. "I LOVE pizza! Meaty ones, combo ones, ones with olives and mushrooms. YUM! I think that is a great idea as well. You seem to be full of them all of a sudden." She chuckled. "I think I might do nothing but eat when I wake up. I also love a good Steak. Give me a giant sirloin perfectly seasoned and cooked...if my tummy could only gurgle right now it would be."

They were almost out of Rue and soon it would be time to shop. Yes she was a girl, but shopping was just not her thing. Talal was one of those people who liked having a list, knowing where to get it all, going, getting, and gone. Not your typical girl by most standards. As they walked, his name had stuck in her head, mostly because she had it wrong to begin but also because she was trying to picture this Damon Fortis person behind the Canti mask. "Damon...I like it. It fits you. It's different and unique...just like you." Talal smiled and nodded her head in one of those matter of fact kind of ways. "As for what's at my disposal, I'm afraid it would be a very long bus ride to Boston. Even longer because I'd want to get there so badly to find you. I don't drive, at least not yet. So...you like cars, or at least fixing them, pizza, playing with fire....what else do you like?"
Talal

Lord Canti
Exalted Player

Post by Lord Canti » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:22 am

"That sounds really nice. I like nighttime so I can sit on the beach and look up at the stars as they make the sky sparkle with the sound of the ocean waves crashing in the background. That's relaxing to me."

(Canti sighed.)

Canti: I haven't gone to a beach in so long...

(Still, at least the next bit was a mood-lightener. They needed that. Well, he needed that, given their surroundings. Actually, Canti had no idea what elements Talal was actually weak against, if any. He could ask later. It wasn't important right now, not unless they were both Rue-deficient, and he doubted it. The Bazaar, though... That was the obvious choice, really. It was just that...well...Talal had been busy thinking some things, about Baron and about him. It was perfectly understandable. In this place, you have nothing but your own thoughts, sometimes.)

"I LOVE pizza! Meaty ones, combo ones, ones with olives and mushrooms. YUM! I think that is a great idea as well. You seem to be full of them all of a sudden."

(He raised an eyebrow.)

Canti: 'All of a sudden'?

Shadow: Instead of getting yourself killed through trial and error.

Canti: Hush you.

"I think I might do nothing but eat when I wake up. I also love a good Steak. Give me a giant sirloin perfectly seasoned and cooked...if my tummy could only gurgle right now it would be."

Canti: They probably do, just in the real world. Pizza for openers, then. Steak doesn't deliver, I think.

"Damon...I like it. It fits you. It's different and unique...just like you."

Canti: Thanks. My parents thought so. I think Kali works for you. Sounds like the name of a kinder sort of girl.

(And she was nice. Helpful, amicable, friendly, and then there was that loyalty mentioned before. As they went through the gates and out of Rue Sector...)

"As for what's at my disposal, I'm afraid it would be a very long bus ride to Boston. Even longer because I'd want to get there so badly to find you. I don't drive, at least not yet. So...you like cars, or at least fixing them, pizza, playing with fire....what else do you like?"

Canti: I don't burn things in real life. I just play him on TV, so to speak. Because if you hadn't guessed by all this 'Canti' stuff, I like anime. I like action and comedy and giant robots. And obviously, I play video games. Weirdly, I don't like shows about cars or racing. I like tuning a vehicle and driving it way more than watching even show about this. But also uhh...

(As they began to move around the Bazaar to find the right shops to start stocking up on items, he let out an embarassed laugh.)

Canti: I didn't get out much, so I didn't have alot of hobbies, but one thing I did do, some nights... Local bar owner I know, friend of the family, he umm...let me throw out drunks to work on my frustrations. Some of them were belligerant and he was having trouble with that, so sometimes I'd be around to help out. Not...an activity you would want to get into.

Talal
Ikkitousen

Post by Talal » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:33 am

She could practically feel his heavy sigh. "Well then...you should come to me first. Besides, smaller town, easier to find and with no other way to get in touch, we may both end up on the road headed for the other one and never find each other again...and thanks."

Listening to him talk about himself and how he defended his reasons behind all of it made her grin. It sounded a lot like herself and how she gets when someone questions the way she is. "I actually understand how you can be like that...I like softball, as in I like to play it, be a part of the game but I can't stand to sit and watch it being played on TV. There's something that doing it, like the way you tune the car and the drive it so you can hear it purr. To take pride in yourself and something you did or can do, that you can't get from watching someone else do it." Ok...now she was getting that heavy feeling again, time to lighten things up. "Of course, it doesn't work that way for the bouncer part but...technically...you could say that's why your such a good Twin Blade here in the game." Well, she tried to lighten it up but wasn't quite sure if it worked.

They were coming up on the bazaar and Talal could see all the tents and flags and the hoard of people. One other thing Talal wasn't really great with...crowds of people. Taking a deep breath she walked forward with a smile on her face, pulling her long hair forward over both of her shoulders a bit. "Alright, there's one of those kiosk things to get the general stuff in but let's take a walk through the tents first and see what they have." She spied a cloak shop and something shimmery caught her eye making her gasp in glee. "Ohh...I have to look at that." Talal walked a little faster towards it and stopped to feel the material on a black hooded cloak. When she reached inside and turned out the inside panel, it was a shimmery purple material that went perfect with her outfit and felt like soft silk. She just stood there petting it. Her eyes filled with desire as she took it off the rack.

"Are you sure you can afford that miss?" the shop keep said from behind a table. Talal's head popped over in the direction of the voice. "I believe so. It's a very nice cloak but it IS just a cloak so shouldn't be out of my range. It's not like it has any special powers or anything." Suddenly the cape was being swished over her shoulders, the excited Twin Blade wanting to see what it felt like. "Hey now...no sampling the merchandise until its paid for!" The owner said in protest. Meanwhile, Talal was lost in the feeling of it. It reminded her of Canti's feathers the time she reached out and touched them as they were ascending the staircase during their prison escape. Putting the hood on she peeked out from the edge of it at Canti and Shadow. "What do you think? I can be the mysterious lady in black."
Talal

Lord Canti
Exalted Player

Post by Lord Canti » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:47 am

"Well then...you should come to me first. Besides, smaller town, easier to find and with no other way to get in touch, we may both end up on the road headed for the other one and never find each other again...and thanks."

Canti: No problem. We'll make a good time of it. Chill out and relax on a beach with pizza.

(Really, he was looking forward to it now. Something like this would make him fight even harder. Even if he woke up with weakened muscles from lack of use, he'd rather stumble on out of the hospital and put himself to go driving out to Oregon than wait. Money... What if he didn't have money? Ah, Barry could spot him. He was his friend - Hell, his father's friend! - so he'd do him a favor. Besides, he owed Damon for a few times late at night when the bar got rough and he had extra aggression to spare. Canti liked this, though. He wasn't sure what she was worried about, like he'd grow cold to her or something. The dark Twin Blade felt practically warmed by her presence. Talal...Kali...had always been fun to be around. This was fun-plus, basically. Keeping in touch, after the fact, would be good for both of them, when they rejoined the human world. She continued to speak about the values of doing whatever it is you do yourself, rather than just watching it happen.)

"Of course, it doesn't work that way for the bouncer part but...technically...you could say that's why your such a good Twin Blade here in the game."

Canti: Err..well...umm...maybe? I think I just had alot of pent-up energy that wanted to go somewhere. Maybe that IS what it is about me and being a Twin Blade here, maybe not. I never really thought about it.

(Of course, once they were in the Bazaar proper and Talal had spotted the kiosks, they had to return to general chatter mode to actually talk outside of private back-and-forthing. No sooner had they than she spotted something at one of the tents they had to go through. As Canti and Shadow caught up with her, he saw that it was a stylish black cloak she was after. There was a bit of grumbling from the store owner as she tried it on, but this was generally ignored in favor of a mysterious stranger pose, giving them both a look from beneath the hood.)

"What do you think? I can be the mysterious lady in black."

Canti: It's you.

Shadow: I like it.

Canti: Me, though... I have no idea what I could or should change, even if I wanted to. I like my character's clothes and appearance, and I don't think Shadow should update anything either.

"Might I inquire if it was sir's intention to be a biker gang member going Balrog?"

Canti: Well...kind of.

"Not much to work with, then. You have a theme going."

(It didn't really look like there was much he could DO with it, really.)

Talal
Ikkitousen

Post by Talal » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:11 am

Talal grinned at them both and then gave them they eye playfully. She had been wanting to change out her newbie traveling cloak for something a little more in tune with her new look. Not to mention, her outfit at times made her feel like she stuck out in a crowd and there were just some crowds where sticking out was not the best plan. Ever since Nighthand mentioned the Anid sector as a possibility, Talal was anxious to go shopping and find something that would help her blend in and she felt this was that something.

"I'll take it." Looking over at the shop keeper still wearing the cloak with no intentions of removing it. "That'll be 10,000 GP." The blonde haired vendor said from behind the table. The young girl felt like she almost had a stroke. "Ten thousand?!? For a cloak? That's absurd!" Then she remembered that Yamiyo vendors were big hagglers. "How about five...which is still an absurd price considering I can get high level scrolls that you know...actually do something besides hang from my shoulders for the same price or less...and tiny over here won't bite your leg off. He's been looking for a good bone to chew on and your femur is just the right size."

Shadow growled a low rumbly fierce growl letting his upper lip raise just enough to see the tip of a fang in the process. It was all Talal could do to keep a straight face while the vendor reconsidered. Grumbling, the man agreed to her price and Talal handed over the gold. "Pleasure doing business with you." She said and bowed politely before turning to Canti and Shadow with one of those... 'did I just do that?' kind of looks. "Shall we move on?" As they walked by a couple of tents, Talal had been thinking about Canti's remark on his appearance. "I think your right by the way. Your current look suits you both very well. I don't think you need to change anything either. I just really wanted something that would help dial down this outfit and let me blend in a little better." Shrugging, but still smiling. "Are you looking for anything specific? I'd like to get some Tarot cards and see what kind of spell or scrolls they have. I need to boost my inventory with something really special but I'm not sure what."
Talal

Lord Canti
Exalted Player

Post by Lord Canti » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:25 pm

(So, the purchase seemed to be a done deal. He liked it, she liked it, Shadow like it - so why not? Well, there was the matter of the price. The vendor wanted 10K for that sucker and the reason behind it was...we dunno. As Talal said, that was absurd, since it was just a cloak and not like Superman's cape or something. That was when Talal haggled for a lower price...using Shadow for intimidation. On cue, the Bogie growled darkly at the man, which worried him. Canti had to add something to that.)

Canti: You should see him when someone touches his drink.

"You let him drink?"

Canti: You think I can stop him?

(Cha-ching! The cloak was bought at a lower price. Talal seemed surprised that she pulled that off, but Canti just smiled.)

"Shall we move on?"

Canti: Let's.

Shadow: Indeed.

(They were heading for those kiosks again to fill their item bags.)

"I think your right, by the way. Your current look suits you both very well. I don't think you need to change anything either. I just really wanted something that would help dial down this outfit and let me blend in a little better."

Canti: I can understand that.

"Are you looking for anything specific? I'd like to get some Tarot cards and see what kind of spells or scrolls they have. I need to boost my inventory with something really special but I'm not sure what."

Canti: Mostly, I'm just looking to fill a few holes that developed in the tower, but I dunno what. I'll figure it out when I get there.

(Once he reached the normal items kiosk, Canti pulled out like thirty of both Restoratives and Antidotes. He'd been getting low on a number of things and just wanted to plug those holes for starters. He bought 20 Mage's Souls and 20 Speed Charms, plus a few Fortune Wires and Sprite Ocarina, since he uhh...kind of forgot to use one at the last tower. Kind of stupid, but he'd essentially blanked on the whole boobytrapped chest thing in The World because it'd been so long since he saw one. Moving to the other areas for the basic Yamiyo Items, he got...a couple more Bind, and then added three Silence and five Double-Strike to his repertoire, followed by three Reflect and three more Unity...since those certainly worked out well the last time. And then, he remembered the Yamiyo Tarot Cards helped him as well and moved over to another table to slap down more money for three of The Tower, two of The World, and TEN of the High Priestess. He'd started out at like 86000, and now he was down to 5600. Tons of stuff, man! It costs! And then...he was interrupted by flashmails while Talal was shopping for her own items.)
Flashmail!
To: Nall, Raine, Sheena, Demorian, Sekai, Takua, Talal, Canti, Maoh

Good news. My connection in Ani District is willing to shelter us. I've attached the location on how to get here. It's a dusty old shop with a door in the back; take the stairs down and we'll meet you. Try to show up one at a time, we don't want to draw too much attention to ourselves. Unless there's another plan?

End Flashmail
Flashmail!
To: Nall, Raine, Sheena, Nighthand, Sekai, Takua, Talal, Canti, Maoh

Ani sector seems to be the choice. The Vak Master is unable to provide lodging for us, and it was a unanimous decision to not take Xenobia up on her hospitality.

Additionally, the Vak Master has offered another book to members of the party, and is enacting a plan to hopefully keep Baron out of trouble. You're free to request a boon in person.

End Flashmail
(Talal would have gotten the same.)

Canti: Looks like Vak Castle is out of the question for shelter, but we have to head over there for a boon. You about ready?

Talal
Ikkitousen

Post by Talal » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:15 am

While Canti was doing his shopping at the kiosk, Talal stood by and waited giving Shadow an extra special scratch for his beautiful performance. "I shouldn't have used you like that. It was wrong and I'm sorry. BUT...did you see the look on that guy's face?" She chuckled. Canti meanwhile was in a buying mood. Once he finished she took her turn at the kiosk and bought a half dozen restoratives and antidotes each and a couple of Raging Earth scrolls. She had plenty of speed charms still from what she got out of the AOD armory so with her kiosk business done, Talal walked over and joined Canti at the vendor tables to get a few items only available in Yamiyo.

"Hmmm....what will be good to have against what we are going to go up against? She thought to herself. Garaa was their obvious target and she knew he was basically the King of Ani but her knowledge about the others was very grim and she needed to do some research. Unfortunately there was no time for that and she had to make a decision. One thing that was playing in her favor was that she had been fairly frugal with her spending up to this point so she had a decent amount to use. The other question was would any of these items be useful against an Elite? It was doubtful but stranger things have happened. Look what happened when she overloaded in Ani district the first time around. In the end an Elite was dead and she at least had helped with that even at her lower level in comparison to the group.

Thought after thought kept rolling, its what Talal tended to do best...overthink. Finally she settled and her big purchase was one of the Binds and added to that were some buffs, debuffs and of course the Tarot cards she wanted to restock on. She had only bought a few the first time around not really knowing what they did. However, others in their group had used many during the tower and she got to see a few of those and liked what she saw. You never know when even the oddest of effects might come in handy so she did her second big purchase and bought one complete set but added a few extra's of a couple that she liked and thought would come into play later. The flashmails came in and a visible frown appeared on the female's face as she paid for her items. It would appear her cloak was a better idea than she had hoped and she knew at least one person in their party that may have trouble being in the sector let alone having to sleep in it. Her thoughts went to the small Archer and wondered what her vote had been for since Talal felt Sekai's decisions had been a little off towards then end when the battle with Baron twisted her normally calm demeanor.

"Yes...I just have one more thing to get. I'll be right back." Without warning, she was off and headed down a couple of isles before Canti could see where she went, having spotted something she wanted to get. Not wanting the boys to be concerned, she used her power over sound and whispered in Canti's ear from afar. "I'm okay, already on my way back." Talal returned a couple of minutes later nodding and smiling at them both. "Okay. I'm ready now."

They headed off towards the nearest gate so they could make better time to Vak to get their boons. "I really don't know what to ask for. Do you have something in mind for yourself?"
Talal

Lord Canti
Exalted Player

Post by Lord Canti » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:03 am

(Well, because he was shopping, Canti didn't notice what was going on, because Talal had just made a devil hound flip over onto his belly.)

Shadow: Can't talk now. In ecstacy.

(Talal mentioned wanting to buy one more thing and headed off to another spot. This is the part where Canti turned...and then stopped with a 'WTF?!' expression on his face. He was looking down at Shadow with his belly turned upwards like he wanted to have his tummy rubbed.)

Shadow: You may commence the petting now.

(Coreection: He DID want his tummy rubbed. Clearly, Reyome didn't just build this guy for his utilities. She also wanted him to be entertaining.)

Canti: Okay, you asked for it.

(Cue the Twin Blade giving the dog a vigorous belly-rub to get him back on his feet again.)

Canti: Nobody ever had to do this for a Grunty.

Shadow: Nobody ever wanted to do this for a Grunty.

Canti: Fair point.

"Okay. I'm ready now."

Canti: So are we. Let's head for the Chaos Gate.

"I really don't know what to ask for. Do you have something in mind for yourself?"

Canti: Maybe. I need to think on it a little.

(They headed along to the Chaos Gate, Canti trying to figure out what new sort of trick the Vak Master could grant for him. He liked the last one...)