In need of some reading material? Buy powerful scrolls here.
Librarian: Neona

Moderator: Nighthand

Talal
Ikkitousen
Class: Twinblade

Re: Going for a Walk

Post by Talal » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:21 am

Talal figured she had better think fast as it wouldn't take long to get to the Vak tower, especially for two Twin Blades on a mission...of sorts. Truly she had no idea what to ask for. A weapon perhaps but what kind? Or an item that can be re-used and does not expire after one use? Yeah, that sounds better but still what kind of item would it be? She would think on it more but there was one other thing that should be discussed before they get to the Vak Master....or did it. They didn't spend anymore time together than say Takua and Sekai and that was because they had a history of friendship. Why was she worried so much about appearances? It should only matter that she and Canti know the truth and how they see each other...right? However, a better question would be this...

"So, should there be separate quarters at this hideout rather than the open room we had at the barracks...do you mind if I bunk with you and Shadow? Not literally of course, I can sleep on a separate bunk inside the same room" she added quickly muddling under her breath about how she needed to grow some woman balls.

They continued on towards the chaos gate and she waited for a response to give him time to think about what he wants. This wasn't all about her after all but she was the one who couldn't leave a stone unturned and just let things happen. No, she wanted to know how it was all supposed to work before it happened, which now didn't sound right to her so before he could answer she called him off.

"Nevermind, I'm overthinking things again. Its a bad habit of mine." Talal smirked and sighed softly to herself just wanting to finish what they had to do and get somewhere they could rest.
Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Walk beside me that we may be as one.
Talal
Level 39 (0/1000 EXP) Twin Blade

Weapons/Armor: Mukuro (Swirling Dark, Dark Dance), Ice Hunter Cap (Repth), Wristbands (Juk Rom), Fishing Gloves (Rue Kruz), Wyrm Hide (Gan Don), Snow Panther (Ap Vorv)

Wish List: Scrolls, Tarot Cards, and Armor higher than level 30.

Lord Canti
Exalted Player

Post by Lord Canti » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:40 am

(As they walked, Canti was getting sort of an idea of what he wanted when Talal spoke up, asking about their quarters in the place Nighthand had secured. They didn't know what the setup was like, but she was speaking in terms of whether there were separate rooms this time and such. The other Twin Blade wanted to know if it was alright for her to bunk in the same room or not. Then, she muttered something that only Shadow picked up because...he read the logs, his equivalent of hearing better. But then, before Canti could answer...)

"Nevermind, I'm overthinking things again. Its a bad habit of mine."

Canti: Talal, it's okay by me if you want to. If you're not comfortable with it, I'm not gonna force you. This may be a shitty place, it may be filled with danger and intrigue, but it is your life and I wouldn't wanna take control of it away from you, or the right to bring it up for that matter.

(Mostly, it seemed that Canti's habit of playing things loose served to show that it was Talal herself that needed to be overcome by Talal than any problem he might have. Canti was a pretty easy-going guy, as we're sure you've noticed.)
I'll have a doozy of a sig later, I swear. It'll reflect ".hack//CODE" an' everything.

Hey look! A profile! It's got items and stats and things! Cool! If it isn't fully up to date, it will be, so don't worry 'bout it.

Talal
Ikkitousen

Post by Talal » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:19 am

Talal nodded to the unexpected response since she had already called him off. Then again, she knew better. If there was a question that needed answering, Canti wasn't one for backing down from giving said answer and this was no different.

"That's just it...I do want to. Especially if the place is shitty or dangerous. I don't care if that makes me sound weak. I just know when I'm around you and Shadow, I'm better than if I'm not in more ways than one."

Again she sighed but continued walking along keeping pace. The subject for now dropped unless Canti had more he wanted to add. Talal deciding she needed to learn how to let things just happen instead of trying to force them or constantly be in control. Just be herself...whoever that was anymore. It would be a long hard road for the young woman from Oregon to become confident in herself that her feelings mattered and any actions taken upon them were okay.

The pair were approaching the plaza that surrounded the chaos gate. "Hey! What about a set of wings?" She said out of the blue.
Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Walk beside me that we may be as one.
Talal

Weapons/Armor: Mukuro (Swirling Dark, Dark Dance), Ice Hunter Cap (Repth), Wristbands (Juk Rom), Fishing Gloves (Rue Kruz), Wyrm Hide (Gan Don), Snow Panther (Ap Vorv)

Lord Canti
Exalted Player

Post by Lord Canti » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:37 am

"That's just it...I do want to. Especially if the place is shitty or dangerous. I don't care if that makes me sound weak. I just know when I'm around you and Shadow, I'm better than if I'm not in more ways than one."

Canti: Well, you're not weak, so don't worry about it.

(After all, one thing that Canti had definitely been feeling about his work alongside Talal was that she was sort of like a partner in crime, someone you could count on in a situation. He wouldn't want her to feel bad for herself, or about herself. Whichever of those it is. The point is that Talal manifesting a self-esteem problem was not something he wanted to happen. So, they were going along and, as they hit the area of the Bazaar which contained the Chaos Gate, Talal suddenly blurted out...)

"Hey! What about a set of wings?"

Canti: No thanks, I have some already.

Shadow: She meant for herself.

(Aaand facepalm.)

Canti: Uhh, I knew that.

(So, he turned to the other Twin Blade now...)

Canti: I dunno, Talal. They might clash with your new cloak, or not fit.

Shadow: We worked hard for that cloak...sort of.

Canti: Besides, umm...

(And here, he switched to Whisper Mode.)

Canti: You're still afraid of heights, aren't you? You should at least take a test flight before making a decision like that. Granted, I'm not much of a chariot, but I get the job done.
I'll have a doozy of a sig later, I swear. It'll reflect ".hack//CODE" an' everything.

Hey look! A profile! It's got items and stats and things! Cool! If it isn't fully up to date, it will be, so don't worry 'bout it.

Talal
Ikkitousen

Post by Talal » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:19 am

Even at the moment she said it, she knew it would never work but listening to her fellow comrades banter back and forth was comical and then how Canti so admirably tried to talk her down from her decision and then offer and option to 'test' the waters if she so desired. Talal smiled. "You're right. They would definitely clash with my new cloak that Shadow got for me, aside from the actual money part that is." She looked at the big dog with a grin and a wink. "I'll take you up on that test flight one of these days, but only to try and overcome that silly little fear of mine."

Talal turned Canti towards the gate once more and looped her arm inside his elbow to walk with him. "Besides, we have enough winged companions in our group. Get anymore up there and we will need an air traffic controller to keep you all from crashing into one another."

Tilting her head a little to the side as they walked on, Talal thought long and hard. "He already gave me a booster box. My skills will grow with time like everyone else. What do we need as a group?" With a smile on her face but a semi furrowed brow Talal continued to make her brain work even harder. "Hmmm...I'll have it figured out before we get an audience with him. Meantime, I'm going to enjoy what's left of this little walk of ours before I can't hold your arm like this." She gave Canti a nod and a big smile.
Talal

Lord Canti
Exalted Player

Post by Lord Canti » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:24 pm

(It was for the better not to have Talal attempting to fly without good reason. She didn't have much of a feel for it and her fear was still there, sadly. Maybe some other time. She seemed to be alright with it, perfectly understanding, and maybe even willing to take what help she could get with that phobia of hers. Now, she took his arm and walked beside him, starting them off for the Chaos Gate once more.)

"Besides, we have enough winged companions in our group. Get anymore up there and we will need an air traffic controller to keep you all from crashing into one another."

Canti: You know, I hadn't thought of that. There could be dozen of flyers out there.

"He already gave me a booster box. My skills will grow with time like everyone else. What do we need as a group?"

(Huwwah? Canti blinked for a second, but then realized she meant the Fire Master. He thought about it.)

Canti: Tritoch's Twilight Shotgun, or whatever the hell that was out there.

(You know the one. The beast-formerly-known-as-Tritoch had had some kind of strange area blast that fired out like shotgun would. That would be a great thing to have, themselves. Problem was...he had gotten it from The Master.)

"Hmmm...I'll have it figured out before we get an audience with him. Meantime, I'm going to enjoy what's left of this little walk of ours before I can't hold your arm like this."

(Canti didn't say anything to that. She was great company, full of life. The three of them headed for the Chaos Gate and would be out of here soon enough.)