Enter the World through the Delta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Nevaeh
Elevated Player

Post by Nevaeh » Mon Apr 07, 2003 1:26 am

The stalactite that Nevaeh is ramming is coming loose alright, and so long as the Minotaur stays beneath it, it'll be driven through the creature when it falls...

OOC: I'll leave it up to Gingitsune or Nall on whether the spike that I'm trying to drop falls on it or not. If it does, it's sure to be the killing blow. But like I said, Nevaeh gets no EXP, since he didn't actually fight, just manipulated the environs.

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 07, 2003 1:35 am

...Raye poked her head in the dungeon. "Hellloooooh? Is anybody in here?!" She yelled, listening to her echo bouncing off the walls.

Crash! Boom! Aasdsahkjhds!

"TRIPLE DOOM!" Yelled a boy full with fury.

Craaaap, Raye moaned in her mind, another freaking battle. Stupid monsters.. they never used to be so violent.. they used to fight fair... She ran into the room screaming, "Iyeee!!" as she hit one of the monsters with her wand, knocking it out temporarily.
"What the hell?" Another boy gaped, "Why couldn't you have just cast a spell?"
"Well... I kinda just received my wand and I don't really know any magic attacks... ahaa.." Raye shrugged, looking a little embarresed.
"At least I knocked it out temporarily. It's a minotaur, no? They can put up a really strong defense sometimes so you have to watch out." She waved at Nall who was looking at her unusually.
"Whatever.." She shrugged again, "I was just trying to help."
Without noticing, a monster crept up behind Raye bearing it's fangs. She turned around and dropped her jaw. "Uh oh.. I don't know how to defend myself against this one..."

HaiiroKitsune

Post by HaiiroKitsune » Mon Apr 07, 2003 1:36 am

(OOC: Shazna! er... nevermind)

Heading towards the now hammer-less (Double meaning ;P er...) I glanced at Nevaeh hitting a stalactite in the ceiling, if I had a Don spell I could help but heh....

"Cross Slash" I yelled as I hit the beast, doing little damage to it, hoping to see a stalictite falling down...

(OOC: Hurry!)

Nevaeh
Elevated Player

Post by Nevaeh » Mon Apr 07, 2003 1:36 am

OOC: Someone forgot to log in? =D

Raye
Elevated Player

Post by Raye » Mon Apr 07, 2003 1:45 am

OCC: Crap.. that was me.. sorry lol. Ahhh I thought I put it on automatic log in.. wtf oO;; sorry haha
If freedom is being alone, I fear liberation.

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Mon Apr 07, 2003 2:02 am

Gingitsune attacked along with the others, and the Minotaur began to look diminished...
Wow, everyone was so... good.
It was amazing, this really was an amazing group, for a bunch of newbies.
Gingitsune saw the creature waver, and Nevaeh's spike fall on it, the Minotaur moved, and the stalactite grazed it's body, leaving a large, bloody gash.
The monster was pathetic, it was defeated, it staggered towards the players, for a final attack...
"Now everyone, now's the time to make your final moves! This Minotaur is already half gone by the looks of him!"
Gingitsune's staff glowed as she cast her spell, and the others attacked the creature with immense force.
The Minotaur reeled back, falling...
"Yeah! We did it!" Gingitsune grinned, flashing everyone a quick victory sign, when in truth they all looked haggard, Kurai having been moments from being crushed under the Minotaur's hooves, and the others moments from complete exhaustion.
For once she was glad to be with a group.
Because frankly... she would have been killed.
Gingitsune smiled, and looked towards the door leading to the next level.
How many more creatures like that were they going to have to get through before the end?
And then what?
"Well..." she said, "Let's... go"

Nevaeh
Elevated Player

Post by Nevaeh » Mon Apr 07, 2003 2:36 am

Having not actually done anything, and being out of range of the monsters, Nevaeh was doing quite well. And with a full supply of SP, went around casting Repth on anyone who needed it. "You guys did really well, knocking out all of those monsters. I wish I'd been more help, than just playing with the ceiling."

Nall

Post by Nall » Mon Apr 07, 2003 2:40 am

Nall congradulated everyone on the victory. It wasn't an easy battle. Nall looked at everyone. Most of them were tired from the fight. He walked over to Gingitsune who was leaning on her staff. He was looking at the ceiling but made a general comment about whats comming up next to the group.
'Well... As fun as that was we're going to have even more fun on the next floor...'
The others looked up at him. They didn't like the tone of his voice. They wondered what he thought was next. There were four ways to go, they hoped that he knew which way was the right way because they needed to fight the least amount of monsters possible. Nall pointed east.
'If we go that way there will be the stairs to go down to the second floor. The second floor is hotter then this one if you can believe it and apparently the first monsters we have to fight are 5 Minotaurs, and 10 Mages...'
Everyone's mouth's dropped. It was hard enough to beat the small group of monsters! How were they ever going to defeat a group like that? Nall too was shocked. He knew what they were up against from the start but he didn't think the minotaurs would be so powerful. Everyone stared at Nall in disbelief. He continued to look up at the ceiling.
'Well, we volunteered to do this... Lets get going! We'll find a way to beat them! I hope...'
Nall wouldn't have been so worried if he could detect the minotaurs movements. When he knows where they are it's not difficult for him to dodge. But it was very dangerous for him if he didn't know. He almost died last battle from that. And with 5 of them they could gang up on him and finnish him fast. Nall wasn't going to give up though, they could beat them... They just needed to fight together. Everyone walked through the door and down the stairs. The heat hit them hard. It was almost unbearable to the average player let alone for kitsune and Gingitsune. Howerver most the players were preoccupied with what was ahead. There was one more door before the entered the room with the monsters.
'Well this is it! We've come to far to turn back, lets get going!'
Nall and the others walked through the door hesistently. They were all scared. However once they got through there was no portal.
'Umm... Wheres the monsters?'
Came a voice from inside the party. Nall didn't know what happend. They should be here, but they wern't.
'I honestly don't know guys... I guess I was wrong?'
The others looked bewildered. Nall walked to the middle of the room where he still felt the pressence of a portal. There was a small crystal in the ground. He stepped on it and no longer sensed somthing in the room.
'Heh... I trick eh? Trying to scare us away I would think...'
Nall said under his breath. He turned around to the others.
'Well lets go! For some reason I don't sense any more monsters on this floor! The stairs are over this way!'
The group was a little hesitant.
'Are you sure? I mean you were wrong about this room...'
came a voice from within the group. Nall just looked back at them.
'Well thats one against me then. I've been right the rest of the time no?'
Nall began to walk towards the door.
'Well are you comming?'

Nevaeh
Elevated Player

Post by Nevaeh » Mon Apr 07, 2003 2:53 am

"Can we nominate someone to be a meat shield?" Nevaeh asked, getting a fair number of dirty looks. "What? Someone strong needs to be on point, especially if we have no idea what's coming up."

Meanwhile, the angel is having at least as hard a time as the foxes, his heavy robes were at least as bad.

Armina
Exalted Player

Post by Armina » Mon Apr 07, 2003 3:50 am

(ooc/ arrrggg! I knew I would miss the battle! *pouts* No experience for Armina! Well, at least I died & was ressurected! *laughs*)

"I'm willing to back up the "meat shield."" Armina giggles at the term. "Maybe I can get a shot in at anything that would be coming by the meat shield's side. The reach should be long enough."
"I still have faith in you, Nall! Afterall, you & Gingetsune have gotten us this far & this is the first time you've ever not been dead-on! You're still much more knowledgeable than most of us! & definately more on the ball than I am!"

[backtracking-MuBattle: Armina thanks Kurai for the Resurrection, then screams as another Mu almost hits her. Swinging her Iron Spear she manages to hit it away from her, but the blow seems to do no more damage to the little Mu than a baseball takes from a poorly swung baseball bat. Drat! Since I've died I'll have to wait for my SP to return now! ... not that I'm really sure how to use it anyways yet...

backtracking-minotaurs, mages, warriors: What now? We're all so close together I'm afraid I'll hit my new friends! Armina tries a well placed jab on a warrior but her thrust is easily parried. Maybe I need more power? Or if I'm less tentative? I can't let them down! I must figure out how to play this game!

(ooc/ since I didn't get to avidly partake of the battle I wanted to at least show I was there, if only for my own needs. *grins* So the first two fights here are 'Mina learning how to fight in the game! --see updated profile. Thanks for understanding!)]
Last edited by Armina on Mon Apr 07, 2003 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kurai
Long Arm

Post by Kurai » Mon Apr 07, 2003 6:05 am

Kurai steps forward, setting the butt of his battered Bronze spear to the ground.

"Too bad there isnt a Heavy Axeman around.. that way, they could tank..." He sighed, his forehead scrunching up in thought. "Alright. I can tank. As long as I get a few buffs, ill be fine."

Kurai looked at the end of his spear, The bronzed point looking chipped and very used. "and another thing. Remind me to buy a new weapon, once I get back to Mac Anu."
-/Treeweaver//Hunting Guard//Spirit Hauberk//Cave bear Hood//Time Sandals/-
-/Juk Doom//RaJuk Rom//MeJuk Kruz//RaJuk Zot//Dek Juka//Phal Repth//Rip Synk//Ap Do/-

ramza
Exalted Player

Post by ramza » Mon Apr 07, 2003 11:13 am

ramza looked at the group, extremely relieved of no battle like that. the first fight was fun, the second one was nearly fatal though.

"hey, are we gonna get goin? i really dont think we need a meat shield, we havent needed one yet. besides, if that room is with the hacker, they'll have no chance at all to survive."
Rod of Darkness(Custom)
Night Cloak(Custom)
Dark Vest(Custom)
Red Beret(Custom)
OrmeAni Kruz, ani rom, meani zot, ani kruz
ola repth, rip maen
Ap anid
Dek anid
Level 28
700gp

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Mon Apr 07, 2003 1:15 pm

Nighthand looked at nall, a puzzled expression on his face.
what kind of senses does this guy have? how can he know what's in the next floor? i fairie's orb could do that for a floor, but not the next...
he continued onwards, not wanting to have another huge battle on his hands. they couldn't defeat anything too much stronger at this point. the heat was just too intense, too distracting.

he followed the rest of the group onwards.

(OOC: i missed the minotaur's death! :( )

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Mon Apr 07, 2003 2:08 pm

Gingitsune couldn't accept it.
This was too obvious, too much of a trick, the next thing they would come across would probably be insanely powerful, or not powerful at all?
That last challenge had almost killed them all, and another one like that wouldn't be hard to guess.
She wasn't a pessimist, but she was hot, and tired, and even her wand had become slick with all of the moisture from the air and haze.
Some people were looking pretty down, but others were more optimistic.
Kurai and Armina had just offered to play the role of a 'meat shield,' but Gingitsune wasn't so sure that would even be such a good idea, hehe, penguins did that, and the one they sent over the edge either died, or were totally fine. It was a 50/50 chance, she guessed, unless the monsters weren't really that strong, or the hacker had just gotten sick of them and left.
Hehe, that would be really funny, bitterly funny.
"I would volunteer, except Wavemasters aren't really good for anything like that, but I'll be ready to heal anyone that does get mangled up," she said, smiling cheerfully, and wiping her wand off on her dress so it wouldn't slip from her hand.
"I'll go second, alright? I don't mind... I'm the highest level anyway, I can hold my own and heal... Before going through, though, everyone should get their health back, you never know what's going to be in there, really, so we shouldn't go in half dead!"
Armina was really willing to go, but she had died before, and was less experienced than Kurai... and yet, maybe Nall was the best choice anyway...
"I don't want to be the one to 'decide your fates' or anything, so we'll have to decide this by level, skill, and... willingness."

Asgard
Exalted Player

Post by Asgard » Mon Apr 07, 2003 3:35 pm

"I'll take point. I am a Heavy Blade after all. Closest thing to a tank."

Asgard made his way to the front of the group, just a bit behind Nall. He needed direction around this dungeon, after all. He could feel the warrior blood burn in his veins and the knight blood gave him a sense of righteousness. His new self-appointed position gave him a need to protect. It was odd, as he never felt such a strong feeling to be a shield to others.

These ever changing emotions were really starting to get to him. He had never had such an experience in his "World" career.
This is my non-banner profile. Read at own discretion!
Wishlist (Bolded sections denotate priority, in descending order)
In General: LEVELS
Pet-Related: EX-Levels, [Lv. 2]Overdrive Sphere, [Lv. 2]Ressurect
Armor: Dice Gloves (20 RARE), Golden Turban (42), Saint Cross (41), Protect Ring (41)
Weapons: Master Nunchaku (40 RARE), Three-Section Staff (37),
Items: (None)