Enter the World through the Delta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Celter

Post by Celter » Mon Mar 31, 2003 9:34 pm

Luke was watching all this from within the city.
"What a pitiful strategy, even myself, a newbie could think up a better one," Luke laughed, "well, might as well help them."
He ran through the streets, drawing out his twin steel blades. They glinted in the light. Once he reached the monster he saw that the attackers were still trying to defeat it on their own. Luke ran up to it and hacked at one of its claws. Some others wondered what he was doing but didn't question.

Nall

Post by Nall » Mon Mar 31, 2003 9:42 pm

Nall was getting pissed. His attacks wern't doing anything significant. However he did learn his lesson about using his water attack Rue Slash. Nall was never a good stratagest. He'd often mess things up and lose because of it. Nall didn't like to listen to others and work with them, especially when they were newbies however he had to in order to beat this monster. Though the more he thought about it, the more it seemed like it was hopeless.
'Yo, this isn't working at all! We need to figure out each of our individual stregths and use them togther!' Nall looks around at everyone, some people were ignoring him, wrapped up in battle.
'Nevaeh! You can hack the monster right? Gingitsune should have some powerful spells. I'm really fast... I'm not good with plans but can anyone think up somthing? If your listening to me, tell us your stregth and help make a plan!' Nall continues to block the monster, healing those who are injured with Ol Repth.

(OOC: I know I'm picky but by the way the monster doesn't have claws, it has two enormous swords ^^ and the monster isn't THAT slow that it will never hit you so still be careful)

Xane

Post by Xane » Mon Mar 31, 2003 10:01 pm

Xane watches as the angel boy flies under the monster's legs to reach its back. "Impressive. So much for my strategy." Shrugging, he begins to walk forward. "Oh well, guess I'll jump in and have some fun." With that, he sprints forward, jumping and slashing at the monster a few times. Scowling as he notices most of his attacks missed, he growls. "Well then, try this! Saber Dance!" Swirling around over and over, he slashes at the monster numerous times. Jumping back, he grins as he notices more of his attacks hit it. "That's better."

Argilus
Twin Blader

Post by Argilus » Mon Mar 31, 2003 10:50 pm

Argilus then took in a sigh, as he was getting a little bothered on how long it would take to probably level up. He didn’t receive as much EXP as he wanted to, but what could you expect from a game intended to keep you wanting to be in the game? Kurai ran ahead a bit, with his spear now gripped with his right hand, holding it ready to spring it quickly from behind him. Argilus didn’t mind, he was looking at the neatly detailed characteristics on the walls and the moist ceiling. As they entered into the next room, a golden chest was perched just ahead to the right, and an enemy magic portal was a little bit ahead.

Hey Argilus, telling from the last few rooms in fighting, as soon as one of us reaches that chest, that portal will activate, and our new friends will come running to greet us.” Kurai noted, but Argilus kept walking. It would seem Argilus didn’t care too much about it, he only wanted to keep going. Kurai gave little bit of a smile, and then started to walk behind him, gripping his spear even tighter.

Argilus readied his two blades, and then kicked the chest next to him. The portal had already activated as the chest opened. In the chest a scroll of Green Gale appeared. Argilus only nodded at it and then ducked down a little as the three Goblins and one Mad Grass came dashing forwards.

Take it, I don’t want it.” Argilus haphazardly mentioned as he lunged forward, slashing away at two of the Goblins. A Goblin and one of the Mad Grass’ had their means set with Kurai as they circled around Argilus and the others. The two Goblins scratched at Argilus as he jumped back, taking 30 hp from him.

Gah! Is that all you got?!” Argilus taunted as he flipped up and jabbed one of the Goblins in the gut. It’s HP depleted to nothing. As he ripped out his left blade he slashed around to the right into the other Goblin across the face.

Kurai had already snatched up the Green Gale, and was flipping around his spear above his head. “Haha, come on monsters, show me what you’ve got!” he yelled as he flipped up and tossing his spear downwards, through the Goblinshead. It fell back and flipped up again, wanting to attack once more. As Kurai darted forward, the Mad Grass used a Physical attack, slashing at Kurai. He flipped a bit off balance and then slammed the back end of his spear into the Mad Grass, as it skidded along the ground, fading and then leaving a Wristband behind.

Argilus slashed a few more times sending both Goblins to their deaths. One left behind Leather Gloves as its body faded away. Kurai had then just finished killing the other Goblin. Argilus the picked up the Leather Gloves and equipped them quickly. Kurai and Argilus glanced at each other, motioning to proceed further. Kurai began to wonder how much HP Arg had left. Argilus wasn’t looking to hot.

(OOC: I know there isn’t blood in the game or series, but maybe we should upgrade “The World” and enable gore or something.)
Last edited by Argilus on Mon Mar 31, 2003 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'll be there by your side
in the land of twilight
in your dream I will go
till we find the sunrise

Kayin
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Kayin » Mon Mar 31, 2003 11:06 pm

I suppose it should be fixed by now.

Logging...........
Error, Connection Failed

:roll: Not again....... I wonder whats going... One more time.

Logging...........
Error, Connection Failed

*grumble sounds*

Nall

Post by Nall » Mon Mar 31, 2003 11:17 pm

(OOC: It's not fair to the other players to wait, so I'm gonna post this... :P)

<narrator post>

The errors that have been appearing in the game when you try to log on have gone away! You still can't log out however, but it is possible to log in now!

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Tue Apr 01, 2003 12:56 am

After a day of waiting, he finally got a chance to try out his new game.

Logging in...

it seemed to take a long time, but finally the game loaded up. he was in the root town of Mac Anu.

stepping away from the chaos gate, he was met by a stunning assault of noise. it seemed like some kind of battle was going on ahead of him. some huge monster was in the root town. wondering what it was, Nighthand moved a little closer, but stayed out of the fight. he didn't want to be killed within the first few minutes in the game.

he watched as several characters were batted away, and he decided that his choice to stay back was the right one, for now.

HaiiroKitsune

Post by HaiiroKitsune » Tue Apr 01, 2003 12:58 am

Hmm... What's this? I thought looking at a post... I can log in now, but I won't be able to log out for some time...

"Sounds about right, lets go!" I said aloud as I placed the visor in my head and grabbed the controller and logged in...

Yet, I was hoping something different, instead of a huge big-*** monster in the middle of town...

"Oh well, might as well try to help" I said to no one in particular as I walked over to where various persons where. Most of them humans, save for a girl who also editted her character to look like a fox... I started to dash towards them, gripping the handle of my sword, which wasn't that great, but was a weapon at least...

Raye
Elevated Player

Post by Raye » Tue Apr 01, 2003 1:16 am

How strange... Raye ponders as she shakes a pebble out of her boot. It's quite unusual that nobody is in this sector right now... usually it's teeming with people.
She stretches out on the warm green grass, staring into the clouds. At least I have my little Cocoa to keep me company! Raye pats her little pet quark on the head. Quark's are a very unusual and rare species of pet. So far, Raye is the only known character to own one. She stumbled upon this little one while it was being attacked by a bigger, meaner monster. The Quark, formally dubbed Cocoa, has followed her around ever since. Quarks are little mouse-like creatures with large black eyes and sleek white bodies. Their only mode of transportation is to hover three to four inches above the ground.

Maybe I should log out now... I've been here an awful long time...

Crash!

Raye perks up, looking around. What was that?! She yelps in her mind. Eeep... I fear there's trouble aloose. she sighs, picking Cocoa up and slipping him in her little brown travel bag.
She jogs for about a mile just to notice a band of renegades fighting thihs huge monster thing. Gah... she gasps, that oddly looks like that glitch that was attacking Cocoa.. but...
Raye runs over to the monster, "STOP!" She raises her hand and glares into it's eyes. "Will you PLEASE leave these people alone? They haven't harmed you seriously." One by one, the people stare at her... they seem to find her ways somewhat odd.
"It is just lost." She whispers to one of the fighters.
"Are you CRAZY?!" One boy sneers are her, "This is a glitch, a mad, raving.. psycho.. you can't stop it like that."
Dont be so sure... Raye thinks to herself.
Last edited by Raye on Tue Apr 01, 2003 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
If freedom is being alone, I fear liberation.

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Tue Apr 01, 2003 1:19 am

Gingitsune's eyes flickered to the people around her.
"I don't believe that these are all of the people that are willing to fight with us! Usually the people around here are willing to slice up anything larger than a bacteria for kicks, but give them an emergency and they all clear out!"
Gingitsune looked the monster up and down, and launched a GinRai attack at it, to test it's strength.
It seemed absolutely ineffectual, and Gingitsune growled softly to herself.
What happened to all of the people that logged on today?
They must be... somewhere.
She noted that a few people had joined in, most of them seemed completely disgusted with strategy, poor little fools.
The people who had been attacking the monster the longest seemed worn out, and her bag was all empty of healing items...
"La Repth!"
She uttered the spell and watched a little relief come into the faces of the fighters.
Her attacks were powerful, and could do some damage, but not quite enough to bring down a disgusting beast like that.
But- if they did have more people- then they could put up a good group attack! She'd seen it done before, and she'd done it herself...
"Okay, listen up again, it's not too much to ask- keep going with the strategy- I'll need Nevaeh to help me with something, attack as a group for as long as you can, we'll try to contact a few more players for some more bulk..."
She mentally composed a quick note, and motioned for Nevaeh to come over, leaning on her staff she closed her eyes and started to recite-
"Listen to us! We need every able fighter, newbie or advanced, any level, to come to root town- we need your help! I'm asking you, I'm pleading with you, get over here and HELP! We've put up a front, but no matter how tough we may want to sound, we really don't have much- sorry guys, but it's the truth, this monster is something else! We need help, don't be cowards, come support the cause!"
And if that doesn't work, she thought to herself, then I'll tar and feather each and every one of those cowards with my own two hands!!

RyuuJin

Post by RyuuJin » Tue Apr 01, 2003 1:23 am

Logging in . . .

"Finnaly, I'm in" RyuuJin shouted said

RyuuJin arrived in a city and looked around still standing at the gates. He see's some players on his right hand side so he decides to try and talk to them but they give him harsh looks and continue doing what they were doing. He decided not to sweat it and continued to look around for other players, hes finds a small group of n00bs talking in a far corner but decides he doesnt want to converse right now. Being a hacker he wanted to find out as much as he could about the server. After about 2minutes of wandering RyuuJin noticed that there were a few players fighting a monster just out of the city. He was curious about the monsters on the server so he decided to check it out.

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Tue Apr 01, 2003 1:27 am

"Listen to us! We need every able fighter, newbie or advanced, any level, to come to root town- we need your help! I'm asking you, I'm pleading with you, get over here and HELP! We've put up a front, but no matter how tough we may want to sound, we really don't have much- sorry guys, but it's the truth, this monster is something else! We need help, don't be cowards, come support the cause!"

Nighthand heard the plea from the other end of the root town, where he had gone to think about how to help. he decided to go help. even though his invintory was pretty much empty, and his level was low, it sounded like they needed his help, so he ran to the fight. he arrived just in time for a small group of twinblades to attack, and he joined them from the side.

the creature swund one of it's swords at him, but he ducked and slasheed out at the creature's side. he then jumped back, realizing that it wasn't doing much with him alone. he needed more peope to attack with him. if only they would...

Kayin
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Kayin » Tue Apr 01, 2003 1:28 am

Logging in.......

Please! Please!

Processing......
Welcome to the World......

As the purple haired HeavyBlade finally steps through the the Chaos Gate a resounding and overjoyed "Yes!" is heard. As he looks around his dark eyes find the monster, he peers at it for a short while before he speaks again,

"I wouldn't think a monster that powerful should be in a starting area, maybe I can help... But I've had no time to prepare..."

he frowns slightly as he heavy the large blade of his shoulder and moves toward the monster slowly. Kayin's eyes glance left and right as he surveys for the best place to be, knowing full well he has nothing for healing. With a sigh that almost sounds like a groan, he carefully moves to the monster, with just a thought he decides to charge in quickly with a rather useless Calamity attack, and quickly retreats back from the monsters counter attacks Back toward a more experience looking player, he glances side long at Nall and says...

"Whats this doing here? And how can we get rid of it?"
Level :24
Equip: Absorbtion, Raccoon Earcap, Wyrm Scale, Miner's Gloves, Mountain Boots
Skills: Groundbreaker, Dek Corv, Life Drain, La Repth, Rue Kruz, Gan Don, Ap Corv

"Give me one.... Wait! Screw one, Give me twenty good reasons!"

Nevaeh
Elevated Player

Post by Nevaeh » Tue Apr 01, 2003 1:31 am

"Heck no," Nevaeh called to Gingitsune. "It was hard enough getting over here, I don't think I'll trick it again. If you've got a plan you need private, tell me flash mail." He watched the Yoroi General, making sure to shift to the side whenever it turned to stay behind it. "Either that, or distract it so it's back to so you so that I can run around to reacch you." He continues scanning the creature, trying to figure out how the heck to weaken the thing.

Nall

Post by Nall » Tue Apr 01, 2003 1:47 am

'Hey! It's nice to meet someone with some balls!' Nall takes a breather to tell Kayin about the monster.
'Well it's pretty bad, as you probably know, monsters arn't supposed to appear in root towns... This is obviously a virus. Thanks to Nevaeh, the one with the wings, it's not as strong as before and we might be able to beat it. However everyone is scared and not helping.' Nall takes another look at the unorganized group of fighters. There were some however that were fighting with stratagy in their mind, but not enough.
'anyways, it would be great if you could help us! Obviously one super strong attack would work better then a series of small ones. lets try one big attack maybe after Neveah hacks it again?' Nall looks to Gingitsune since she seemed as experienced as he was.
'Well what do you think? Give it a shot? We should wait for more people though shouldn't we?'