Have something to say about .hack//DIVERGENCE? Post it here!

Moderator: Nighthand

XNall

New Idea

Post by XNall » Mon Apr 14, 2003 10:39 pm

I need some feedback on this one. More from the experienced players but of course I love everyones opinion.

Now here's my idea. What if we made people do some side plot stories for a bit to get them used to how we post in the main plot? That way people would be ready for how we post 'when' they join the main plot instead of 'during' I don't know. I thought it was a good idea though I don't know how long it should be before they can join the main plot. should it be time? like a week of posying in the sub plots or be like you have to complete 2 sub plot stories to come in? hehehe, I dunno ^^; But ya, I think it's a good idea. everyone could get prepared before they join the main plot. and we can even have like a 'trial' if wanted. That way the serious RPers won't feel bogged down by 'not so good posts' Please don't think I'm trying to be mean or evil towards everyone! ^^; I just thought it would be nice for people to get used to things before they post in the main plot :D anyways ya, feedback would be nice for this one since I don't know how you all stand on this issue.

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Mon Apr 14, 2003 11:04 pm

i think it would be a good idea. as for how long, you could appoint a few people to review the stories and notify the people who are doing it right by pm and let them know they can join the main topic. that way, those that aren't good enough (no offense, but there are some) can keep going.

anyway, that's my idea.

Ryo Blazerock

Post by Ryo Blazerock » Mon Apr 14, 2003 11:25 pm

I like the idea also, although I'm not a seasoned veteran on this site. (repeat this site) Many other forum based RPG's have, Side Quests of sorts that players participate in to RP for fun or to get used to for posting in the main story.

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Tue Apr 15, 2003 12:53 am

A single side plot before starting the main one does not sound like a bad idea. You should not make it more than one though, some side plots can last long enough to give expirience to those who participate. Maybe you could make it level wise. Even that would have problems though. Some characters don't like to fight as much. It should probably be on a person to person basis. I agree with nighthand. Some of the sideplots are sort of dead, or more accurately, dying and then being stabbed with each post.
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP
Bell, the Silver Grunty of Thunder
Skills/Spells-Shocking Arrow of Voltage(30), Arrow of the Burning Stars(10), MeRai Rom(40), Rai Kruz(10), La Repth(20), Rip Maen(40), MeRai Kruz(20), GiVak Kruz(20), MeRai Don(20), Rig Saem(15)
Weapon/Armor/Book-Golden Royal Bow/Thunder Torque, Thunder Cloak, Able Ring, Ivory Greaves/Thunder Magic
Wishlist: YL Fukuoka, Stormlore, Winter Stone, Silver Grunty

Nall

Post by Nall » Tue Apr 15, 2003 2:44 am

hehehe, I know there has only been three people that agree with me so far and that I usually run things through with Gingi first but #1 Gingi is gone for a week. and #2 If you happened to notice my latest rant, that is perfect evidence of why I thought this should happen. I hate to be picky and stuff but as of now new players must participate in 1 sub plot in order to join the main plot. And only on approval from a mod will that player be allowed to be part of the main plot. If they posted 1 line posts the whole sub plot and hasn't gotten used to good posting then they wont be allowed... hehehe, I guess I'm being really picky with this but I really think this is for the best. umm... unless I get STRONG objection from like everyone else then I guess this is a new rule from now on... I don't think it will be a problem anyways.

Tirath
Exalted Player

Post by Tirath » Tue Apr 15, 2003 3:01 am

I think that its a great idea. Many people simply don't know how to post effectively. As a second point, the enemys you appear to fight in the main plot are sufficently stronger then most characters. It just wouldn't make sense to have a bunch of level 1 characters runing around, fighting with them would it?

Anyway, I've been told that my posting has greatly improved sense i did my two sub-plots. Of course i have trouble writing for other characters....
Equipment: Oval Sword/ Frost Armour/ Cougar Bandana / Frost Bracer / Leg mail
Items: Mages soul, spirte orcarina, anitidote, 3 emperor soul, 10 heath potion, 5 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 5 Gale Breath, 2 Resurrect, 2 Speed Charm, 2 Knights Bane
Money: 5403gp
Skills: La Repth, Rue Slash, Rue Rom
Unequiped: Unicorn Blade(Ani Slash)Executioner(Crackbeat)

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Tue Apr 15, 2003 3:06 am

I'm sorry Nall. I did a 1 line post trying to stop the arguement in ooc. Some of the sub plots are a bit short and well...lack an actual story. I assume we would just need to pm a moderator to find out if we could join the main plot. Personally though, I will stay with the side stories until my level is a bit higher. A lv.14 field would be a killer.
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP
Skills/Spells-Shocking Arrow of Voltage(30), Arrow of the Burning Stars(10), MeRai Rom(40), Rai Kruz(10), La Repth(20), Rip Maen(40), MeRai Kruz(20), GiVak Kruz(20), MeRai Don(20), Rig Saem(15)
Weapon/Armor/Book-Golden Royal Bow/Thunder Torque, Thunder Cloak, Able Ring, Ivory Greaves/Thunder Magic

Tirath
Exalted Player

Post by Tirath » Tue Apr 15, 2003 3:10 am

I posted this under a PK chat, but I think its relavent here two. I just wanted to make a suggestion :D

Well if you look at it from that point of view.... Combined with Nalls idea of requireing sub-plots for new players, what could possibly be better then two people fighting each other? I mean that would be a great seris of post! Really anyone can write about hacking apart a goblin, but another player? That would take some real ablilty
Equipment: Oval Sword/ Frost Armour/ Cougar Bandana / Frost Bracer / Leg mail
Items: Mages soul, spirte orcarina, anitidote, 3 emperor soul, 10 heath potion, 5 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 5 Gale Breath, 2 Resurrect, 2 Speed Charm, 2 Knights Bane
Money: 5403gp
Skills: La Repth, Rue Slash, Rue Rom
Unequiped: Unicorn Blade(Ani Slash)Executioner(Crackbeat)

Kaisamyuu

Post by Kaisamyuu » Tue Apr 15, 2003 3:20 am

Heh, sounds like a good idea.

But what about RPers that are really good?

For example, let's say Ryo joined a two days after you posted this, yet he has experience in RPing like this?

Kurai
Long Arm

Post by Kurai » Tue Apr 15, 2003 7:15 am

Frankly, this is what i think:

since Myk is the main GM for the sub-plots, he should be appointed a decider if someone is good enought to go to the main story. He could PM me, Nall, Gingitsune (or whoever would run the next level up) , and point them out to us, where we would review something they recently posted, and then give an answer to the person, if they are able to or not. That way, it might not be a certain amount of time for those that are actually good, and it might give a moderate amount of time for those that really need it.

(And i hope that made sense. Im a little tired from not sleeping a few days in a row...)

Anyways, i think that would be a good way for that to work. What do you all think?
-/Treeweaver//Hunting Guard//Spirit Hauberk//Cave bear Hood//Time Sandals/-
-/Juk Doom//RaJuk Rom//MeJuk Kruz//RaJuk Zot//Dek Juka//Phal Repth//Rip Synk//Ap Do/-

Ryo Blazerock

Post by Ryo Blazerock » Tue Apr 15, 2003 4:20 pm

Why dump the load on Myk when all the mods could split it up and get the work done twice as fast?

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Tue Apr 15, 2003 4:35 pm

The gms have lots of things to cover. I believe Kurai said that because Myk only really deals with the subplots mostly. The mods have so many things to go through.
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP

Ryo Blazerock

Post by Ryo Blazerock » Tue Apr 15, 2003 4:39 pm

Believe me, I know exactly what the mods have to go through, I just didn't know that Myk only handled sub-plots. Well if he does I guess that's ok.

Nall

Post by Nall » Tue Apr 15, 2003 8:51 pm

well, I used to handle sub plots but the main plot was taking up enough time for me so I just stuck with that and let Myk do the sub plots. Myk wanted to do that anyways :D

Armina
Exalted Player

Post by Armina » Wed Apr 16, 2003 1:16 am

okies...

first: I think it's really great that you brought Myk onto the moderator-set if only for the sub-plots! He seemed to be doing them really well on his own, but it's cool that he can actually hand out a few things officially now.

second: having the separate "sub-plots" area is really nice! I don't know about the rest of you, but I know I was getting quite confused at times cuz of all the posts! Now, I don't really have to read them unless I'm curious & can always have "Delta", & the main storyline there, kinda up to date --as far as knowing if I've read everything new that is.

third: I think that having a sub-plot trial time is a good idea... but different lengths of time for different writers. Some new additions to our happily growing ".hack//DIVERGENCE -family" are already really great writers & seem to understand the rules, regulations, & guidelines that are already presented... & therefore IMHO are ready to join the main story! *grins*
Others however sadly need the time to get better aquanted with writing, not over-posting, whatever & really need to practice in "sub-plots" first.

forth: Maybe we could just say that once a person reaches a certain "writing level" Myk tells Nall or Gingi -perhaps with a PM including the player's name & most recent post- they check it out then send a PM officially inviting the player into the main story. Since they are both the leaders of the site & in the story we could easily work it into the story. Maybe saying that Myk is a friend that would rather do their recruiting for them than be involved in the thick of the hacker problem or something. I don't know, but it's an idea. I don't want to create too much more reading for our already over-posted moderators!

fifth: I'm pretty sure that this is what "Server Announcements" was originally intended for, but we could really use a "Rules & Regulations" section. Something where we could all be reminded about important things that do not change... an cannot be responded to. I know as it stands that a lot of "new sudo-rules" have been mentioned in responses, but sometimes it seems people aren't noticing these "new sudo-rules" are there or if they are real or just an idea. Having a place for all rules & regs that the site needs or wants would make it so much easier for everyone I think.

Thanks! & you're doing a really great job! Really you are! I MSN IM Gingi how well she's doing all the time, & it goes for you too, Nall!
Level 33
Skills: JukRepulse (WoodL2), RaiWipe (ThunderL2), RueKruz(1:S:Water), DekGanz (dec. Earth), RaiRom (1:Thunder), Repth, RipTeyn
Specials: LifeDrain
Items: 4Antidote, 2Restorative, 23Health Drink, 10Mage'sSoul, 5Ressurect