Enter the World through the Delta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:04 pm

Rayo saw that the battle was not commencing as well as he had hoped. The faeries were most certainly moving faster and the Titan seemed to have the memory of the experiences of the previous one. There was another possibility however. The last one plunged into the icy waters. Could this be the same one from earlier? The portals could conceivably be transporting the monsters as well as creating them. The Titan was strong physically, both defensively and offensively. It would overwhelm the close range fighters unless they had very high dexterity. Even with that advantage Nighthand had been knocked down though. Gingitsune had worked wonders finishing the last one. Magic was the best approach. There was another issue as well. the other monsters were keeping the group partially divided and there was a lack of any safe spot for the wavemasters to cast soley healing or attribute affecting spells. He would be content with boosting everyones agility but he would be injured in the process. Luckily he had an opening before he became entangled in combat. As Rayo continued to evade a fairy he continued his thoughts. He leaned back and planted his left foot and pivoted. The move spun him around and behind the fairy that had been pestering him. While he raised his wand the fairy flew up and out of his line of sight again. Every single time he tried to attack it would evade. When it attacked he would evade. this type of cautious one on one fighting required both combatants to be very aware and neither wanted to be injured. Rayo dashed to his left as the fairy's lunge missed. This time he did not try and prepare an attack. Rayo turned around and ran. Running away was often a bad strategy. He could not track his opponent and strikes from behind would be convenient. Obviously though, Ray was not about to endanger himself in such a silly gamble. He was watching his adversaries movements by the reflections in the water off to his right. He was not about to be caught unaware. Rayo finished his hasty trek and arrived at a spot where Vera and Ruri were engaged with two other faeries. He was close enough to suggest his plan but the additional faeries would make it far too hard to pull off. Rayo noticed that Kodel was close enough also and was not nearly as busy. As he ran by him he quickly explained his idea. "Kodel, listen carefully. I want to try a strategy of mine. It is called Counted Chicken Fleeing Manuever. These faeries are fast but it is possible to catch them unaware. This one has been stalking me. Right before I moved I want you to charge and attack where I am. By the time your blade reaches me I should be out of the way and the assaulting fairy should be right there for you. Okay? We need to handle these fights strategically or we will end up losing."
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP
Bell, the Silver Grunty of Thunder
Skills/Spells-Shocking Arrow of Voltage(30), Arrow of the Burning Stars(10), MeRai Rom(40), Rai Kruz(10), La Repth(20), Rip Maen(40), MeRai Kruz(20), GiVak Kruz(20), MeRai Don(20), Rig Saem(15)
Weapon/Armor/Book-Golden Royal Bow/Thunder Torque, Thunder Cloak, Able Ring, Ivory Greaves/Thunder Magic
Wishlist: YL Fukuoka, Stormlore, Winter Stone, Silver Grunty

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:13 pm

Gingitsune grinned at the challenge before her, she was getting a mite sick of all strategy, of sitting back and enjoying, so she strode purposefully to the front of the group and faced the Titan.
Her eyes slanted joyously as she raised her wand, and felt the refreshing power that came from using her attacks, she had restored herself nicely before the battle and her magic was at full.
She reached a few of the players that were playing with the large creature, and motioned to them coyly to step out of her way, jabbing backwards with her thumb, and swishing her tail.
"Now it's my turn loves, I'm getting a tad tired of sitting in the background, you'll find that I'm as much a glory hog as anyone!"

She ran forth, brandishing her wand with a wicked smile on her little face, the Titan struck out powerfully, but Gingi just managed to duck the attack and roll out of it's way. She was on her feet in seconds, and had hopped backwards to avoid it's direct line of attack.
She wasn't a subtle girl, and hated using poor attacks when she could help it, she trusted her wand enough to know how powerful it was, and trusted in her own strength.
She basically knew she could win, and it kept her confident.

She struck forward, starting out with a Rue Rom that pushed the creature backwards with great force, she took advantage of the situation quickly, and managed to force in another attack before the Titan was able to recover.
She ran forward again, and this time attacked from the side, forcing it edgewise and towards the crevice, whisking her wand out again with a MaRue Zot that unbalanced it.
The creature recovered it's senses quickly, and threw a hard blow towards her head, Gingi ducked quickly and managed to get under the arm, reacting quickly she managed to cast another spell before the arm retracted and knocked her into the ground.
The last MaRue Zot, coupled with the failed blow, made the creature lose it's footing somewhat, and Gingi struck forward with only her wand, managing a punt at the creature's only landed knee, sending it toppling over and into the water.

Gingitsune rubbed her head where the elbow had caught her, and managed to refocus her eyes from the painful daze. Looking down she watched the beautiful serene-looking water swirl into a myriad of hungry rings, waiting for the flesh of the fallen.
Inwardly she shuddered at the sight, and imagined what it would be if one of them fell down there...
Devoured by water.

She regained her own balance and sat where she was, allowing the others to finish their own battles.

[killed: Water Titan]

(ooc: sorry about crappiness of post, I don't really feel well :()

Kodel
Elevated Player

Post by Kodel » Thu Jun 05, 2003 10:26 pm

Kodel blinked at the rush of information, but he nodded quickly, realizing that Rayo was quite right, that if they didn’t turn this battle around quickly, one of them might very well end up dead.

“Got it.” He said quickly, and Rayo rushed past him, the water fairy that had targeted him earlier rushing in to tail him again. He turned and ran along the edge of the platform, the fairy slowly gaining on him.

“Ap Do.” Kodel muttered. He was still a low level, so he had to have a boost if he wanted to even have a chance of killing the fairy.

He dashed to the edge, looping around the slimes that still remained, getting into position, raising his sword above his head. Rayo rounded the corner and was now running straight at him.

He didn’t like situations like this. It was another instance he had to get his timing absolutely perfect. Too late, and he’d miss both Rayo and the fairy, and he’d probably get knocked off the platform by the monsters counter-attack. Too soon… and Rayo probably would no longer be his friend.

He felt himself start to worry, but he suddenly experienced that same feeling of calm and tranquility that he had felt when he first arrived on the field, its effect more subtle, but just as real.

To his complete surprise, it looked to him that Rayo had stopped moving. He was still way to far away. He almost blinked when he noticed Rayos feet were still moving, just at a much slower rate. He was about to run at Rayo, thinking one of the monsters had somehow hit him with a Slow spell, when he realized the same thing had happened to everyone, PC’s and monsters, on the platform. He saw Gingi standing over where the Titan had once again been sent plunging into the ocean, casting spells at the remaining monsters, her voice now distorted and drawn out. It was as if everyone was now moving through water, or syrup, he could see their motions so clearly.

He looked back forward, seeing Rayos mouth began to move. His voice was also distorted in the same way, but it was still clear and distinct “Now!” he yelled, throwing himself to one side.

He brought he blade down, stepping into the strike and now seeing the fairy. He realized he was also being affected by… whatever was distorting his perceptions like this. His blade kept moving, cutting through the air and leaving a faint afterimage as he continued his swing. He realized he was going to make it easily, as Rayo was completely out of the way, and the fairy had realized too late what was happening and so could not stop or even change direction. Kodel was shocked to see a look of clear and distinct… surprise? cross the sprites almost humanoid features as it realized it had been tricked. Kodels blade struck, cutting the thing deep across the chest, the fairies mouth opening wide in a silent cry of pain.

Time suddenly snapped back to normal, and the fairy was pushed backwards from the impact of the blow. Rayo grunted as he hit the ground, rolling and raising his staff “Rai Don!” he yelled. The bolt shaped head of his Wand of Storms suddenly sent a sliver of gold-yellow lighting smashing into the fairy, which fell to the ground.

Kodel leapt forward, planning to impale the monster to the ground. He was again surprised to see a clear emotion on the face of his target, but this time it was far more unsettling.

This time it was fear. Now the fairy did not look even remotely threatening. In fact, with its bodily proportions and human-like features, it almost looked like a small child.

Kodel almost hesitated “re… Revolver!” he yelled. Pinned to the ground, with no way to dodge, every blow landed, the Ap Do he had cast almost tripling his damage. The fairy shrieked once, and then its body took on the familiar gray cast before disintegrating.

He stepped over and reached a hand out to Rayo, pulling him to his feet, staring at him oddly.

Rayo noticed his expression “What?”

“Counted… Chicken… Fleeing Maneuver?”
"Goodness for the most part is an illusion... Little fables people tell themselves so they can get through their days without screaming to much."
Kodel | Level 20 | Blademaster | 45000 Gold | Pheonix Wing | Thunder Armor, Silver Bracer, Time Headband, Safety Shoes, losta items and some scrolls | Ani Slash, Ani Revolver, Ap Ganz, Ap Corv, Ap Do. Gan Zot, Rai Rom

Kaisamyuu

Post by Kaisamyuu » Thu Jun 05, 2003 10:37 pm

**Kaisamyuu looked about as he notice everyone was fighting the Faeries. He gasped slightly as he also notice that two of the enemies were unaccounted for, the Blue Slimes. He decided to leave the battle with the water faeries, seeing as how everyone else was occupied by them. Kaisamyuu quickly dashed over to one of the blue slimes, growling as he swung his Earth Sword into the thing's side. He was just about to slam his blade downwards into the thing's head, but the second blue slime had caught him from behind. Kaisamyuu fell to the ground, but rolled away as the duo was about to double team attack him. As he rose to his feet, he charged fowards towards the two, he mananged to hit one of them, but the other was there to nip an attack at him. Kaisamyuu slowly began to step back, he couldn't beat them both at this rate. He pulled his Earth Sword up into a defensive stance, waiting for the enemy to draw in. The two began an assortment of barrage attacks, Kaisamyuu holding his blade in front of him to keep away from them. Most of their attacks were either blocked by the large blade, or missed all entirely. However, Kaisamyuu's elbows and arms protruded slightly, this being not a good thing for him. His elbow and arms were cut, blood sliding down his limbs like rain on a window. Although the attacks hit, they weren't much of an attack, all together, his life points were still going down, and the double team from earlier only made things worse. While behind his blade, Kaisamyuu casted Repth again. He wouldn't be able to do another for awhile, his SP needed to rise again. As soon as the attacks from the duo ended, Kaisamyuu sprung from behind his blade like a bat out of hell. He bum rushed the two into the wall, but one of them managed to jump away before actually colliding with it. He growled as the saw it jump away. He left the Blue Slime against the wall and went after it, but as soon as his body weight was off of the blue slime, he was attacked on his back side, leaving him open for an attack by the other blue slime. He was slowly being chopped down. Kaisamyuu jumped off to the side, not letting the blue slimes corner him or put him in the middle. He tried to keep the two in front of him, but he slowly began to find that they were smarter than they appeared. They had begun to corner Kaisamyuu, away from the group. He gave a light smirk as he put his back to the corner, his blade up and ready.**

"Well don't just stand there, attack!" He shouted to them.

**And the two did exactly that, the lunged at him, both at the same time. Kaisamyuu had no were to go as they closed in him, except up. He gave another smirk as he forced his blade into the ground at the last second and sprung up. The two blue slimes has rushed themselves into the wall in the corner. Kaisamyuu put his feet to the wall and pushed off into a flip, bringing his blade with him. He landed on the feet as his blade began to glow again. As soon as his feet met the ground, he has sprung off of them again, back into the air. He slashed a bright light into the wall just above the two fallen monsters.**

"CALAMITY!"

**His blade cut deep into the wall as it slowly came down around them. He back flipped away on one hand, his other holding his blade, as the monsters were buried underneath. He stood there silent as the last pebble had dropped on top of them, only an arm remained exposed. He exhaled greatly as he was a bit tired. As he turned his back, he noticed that a single blue slime had sprung from the rubble and was flying at him. His eyes grew as it neared**

Ruri Hoshino

Post by Ruri Hoshino » Thu Jun 05, 2003 11:17 pm

"Rai don!" Ruri shouted, zapping the blue slime away from Kaisamyuu. "You shouldn't have your back turned from these monsters, the slime could of done a great deal of damage to you." She said a bit to arrogant. Ruri flashed a arrogant smile at him as she jumped away, doing a small backflip towards the blue slime. Ruri used her wand like a spear or a fighting staff against the blue slime.

She kept hitting and stabbing the monster, which seemed to be effective for a while. The monster growled and with its blue goo, it seemed to throw itsself at her. Ruri dodged like a cat at every shot the monster gave out. The monster casted a spell coming towards her way. She did the splits and looked up seeing the monster's huge mouth, as if it was going to swallow her. She quickly grabbed her wand and stabbed it, slowly picking it up and barely throwing it a few feet away from her.

Ruri looked towards Vera, who twriled her wand a bit and pointed her staff in the air, summoning Rai don, in a flashy way. The blue slime was zapped By Vera's little trick. Ruri sighed and went back hitting the monster. "Maybe I should have been a blade master. Oh well, being a wavemaster is just as fun." Ruri smiled a bit, until she saw the slime monster about to attack her, but Vera clobbered the slime hard with her wand.

Monster looked as if it was seeing stars. Ruri and Vera giggled at the monster's pain a bit, but they didn't give it a chance to take a breather. Both of them began bashing and clobbering the blue goo with their wands and cheap fancy moves to dodge it. Ruri stuck her wand in the ground and decided to give an idea a try. Vera went behind the slime and smacked it hard as she can into Ruri. While Ruri at the same time Jumped, at the same time grabbed a hold of the wand and side kicked it hard with both feet into the ground hard.

Ruri stood back on her own two feet and cracked her knuckles. "Well..that was interesting. I didn't think I could do that. But then again I had to use two feet." Ruri smiled, looking at the fallen creature. Both Ruri and Vera pointed their wands in the creature's face, smiling rather arrogantly. "Hasta la vista baby ^.~" Ruri said. Both their wands began to warm up with eletricity and then zapped the creature together.

"Do you think, that was enough to kill the stupid thing?" Vera asked, looking at the seemingly dead creature. "Well, only one way to find out dear friend." Ruri walked up to the slime and poked it with her wand. The slime didn't move, nor show any signs of movement by its mouth. It seemed to be getting cold, but it could have been a rouse. Ruri poked it again, and noticed it moved a little. Ruri sighed and used her wand smacking it as hard as she could, thinking the creature would die now.

"Can I poke it this time?" Vera asked looking at Ruri. Ruri nodded and let Vera try to see if it was dead. Vera poked at the creature and the creature turned cold and slowly vanished. "Yay, we got rid of a creature ^.^." Vera said. Ruri nodded and smiled at her partner. Ruri turned to look at everyone else, to see if there was any other beasts left to kill.

Armina
Exalted Player

Post by Armina » Thu Jun 05, 2003 11:27 pm

(ooc: Great job on the riddle Kodel! I would never have thought of that!
... okay, maybe in a million years or something I might have... *laughs*
Everything's looking so cool in the battles. Sorry I haven't been able to post -or even read- often, but new job on top of old duties doesn't leave much time. *pouts* oh well. can't be helped!)
Kaisamyuu wrote:**His blade cut deep into the wall as it slowly came down around them. He back flipped away on one hand, his other holding his blade, as the monsters were buried underneath. He stood there silent as the last pebble had dropped on top of them, only an arm remained exposed. He exhaled greatly as he was a bit tired. As he turned his back, he noticed that a single blue slime had sprung from the rubble and was flying at him. His eyes grew as it neared**
"DoubleSweep!" From behind the BlueSlime Kaisamyuu can just make out the russet haired blue blur as she swings her staff fluidly into the gelatinous mass. <Critical Hit!> Tiny globules of goo squirts out as the monster disipated into grey smoke.

"Ha!" A familiar, if sometimes annoying, voice breaks his thoughts. "Wasn't expecting me to do anything resembling tactics, was it?" She laughs gayly... then stares a moment as if only now realizing something. "um... did that residual screen thingy just say Critical Hit?"

Kaisamyuu just nods, still in a slight shock from "the romper room LongArm" taking out the slime. He knows he could have taken it himself as soon as he had gotten over his surprise at it being so close upon him.

"Wow! This spear's pretty sweet!" She laughs again, twirling happily to face the remaining enemies. "What say we go play meat shield or at lest try to get any remaining faeries to chase us so that our WaveMasters can clean up this fight?"

Not waiting for an answer or even a response, Armina runs over to do just that.

-1 slime killed-

(ooc: Kais, I hope I portrayed you okay. *grins* You gave me a perfect opening into the fight though! I had to take it!
How many faeries are left? I know the one chasing Rayo is gone -teehee! Counted Chicken Fleeing Manuever! LMAO!- but did Vera & Ruri take out theirs? Got a little confused. Not surprisingly.)
Level 33
Skills: JukRepulse (WoodL2), RaiWipe (ThunderL2), RueKruz(1:S:Water), DekGanz (dec. Earth), RaiRom (1:Thunder), Repth, RipTeyn
Specials: LifeDrain
Items: 4Antidote, 2Restorative, 23Health Drink, 10Mage'sSoul, 5Ressurect

Ruri Hoshino

Post by Ruri Hoshino » Thu Jun 05, 2003 11:43 pm

((lol Armina..actually I took out the one that was going after Kais XD, oh well.its ok, um...you can say i took out another one instead. XD Sorry if any confusion from my post))

Vera
Exalted Player

Post by Vera » Thu Jun 05, 2003 11:46 pm

ooc: damn I go to school for 6 hours and theres abother 10 posts, damn

"Well, I guess thats all?" Vera said as everyone finished off the remaining enemys "Hmm, they seemed so much easier this time, last time, I'm amazed that we won." she said yawning

"Yeah, well I'm sure, they can easily handle themselves." Ruri said looking to the others "Say, Rayo, how long you been playing" she asked looking to Rayo

"A while" Rayo replied quietly, as he sat regaining his strength

"How, much long, do we have to walk?" Vera said as she continued to walk slowly "I mean, this is freaking annoying, and if I see one more fairy, I'll scream" she said as Gingitsune looked to her

"Hey, you got it easy, all the little small enemies, so stop whining, we'll get there when we get there" Gingitsune said slightly cold as they trekked along

ooc: Sorry for the shortness of the post, I'm baby sitting
Weapon: Shadow Guns
Armor: GunnerHeadband|Gunner Cloak|Dark Gunner Gloves|Shadow Anklet
Skills:Rapid Shot|Ani Eater|Ap Torv|La Repth|Ani Kruz
Money:8608
Items:Many
Power: Night Vision and Blindness Immune
Wishlist: More Ultra Light Gunner Equipment

Golden Orb is Currently: faint blue glow

Armina
Exalted Player

Post by Armina » Thu Jun 05, 2003 11:56 pm

(ooc: oh poo! we must have been typing at the same time! *pouts* Sorry Ruri! I hate when that happens! Gets uber confusing...
oh well, whatever works for everyone.)
Level 33
Skills: JukRepulse (WoodL2), RaiWipe (ThunderL2), RueKruz(1:S:Water), DekGanz (dec. Earth), RaiRom (1:Thunder), Repth, RipTeyn
Specials: LifeDrain
Items: 4Antidote, 2Restorative, 23Health Drink, 10Mage'sSoul, 5Ressurect

Ruri Hoshino

Post by Ruri Hoshino » Fri Jun 06, 2003 12:10 am

((poor Vera..uh..have fun babysitting. And we must have been posting at the same time Armina XD))

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:13 am

OOC:holy crap.... you all post at the same time or something? someone tell me whats going on! I'M SO LOST AND CONFUSED!
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:19 am

(yea. i think we need an update...WHAT IS LEFT?!??)

Ruri Hoshino

Post by Ruri Hoshino » Fri Jun 06, 2003 2:02 am

((from my understanding all the faeries are wiped out, 1 slime is killed and the titain is killed.))

Kaisamyuu

Post by Kaisamyuu » Fri Jun 06, 2003 2:25 am

**Kaisamyuu angrily stood to his feet, his eyes moving back over to the pile of rubble that was just in the corner a few feet away from him. He was still exhausted, but he manage to drag his heavy blade over towards the pile, seeing a stunned Blue Slime make it's way out like a desert tarantula. He narrowed his eyes on it as it moved it's head upwards, looking into Kaisamyuu's eyes. He then smirked to the beast as he held his blade right above it's eyes. He gave it one last look before the monster began to fidget, knowing it was about to meet it's end if it didn't do something. Alas, it was too late for the blue slime. Kaisamyuu waited only a mere few seconds, letting the monster think it had a chance of living. He quickly shoved his blade down into the head of the blue slime. Soon his blade had past entirely through it, exiting out a bit messy on the other side. Kaisamyuu only watched with his smirk as some of the blood sprayed on his face. After the monster had faded away on the rocks it had once been under, Kaisamyuu had put his blade away. He gently put the back of his fist to his face and forehead, getting the blood off. He looked at his own arm, seeing if he had substained any injuries. It was nothing major, nothing a Repth couldn't cure. However, his SP had not regained enough points, not enough required to cast the action. He quietly moved back over to the group, listening in as he waited to hear the next action**

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Fri Jun 06, 2003 2:34 am

The final slime was slowly surrounded. Nighthand and Kaisamyuu edged in, blades drawn. Armina was on its other side with Hijinx. Both made sure to box in the monster. Kodel was slightly further back but his enhanced movements allowed him to reach the circle very quickly. He stood behind Nighthand. Vera and Ruri were positioned behind the heavy blades and blademaster. Gingitsune would not be left secluded and was not far from the other pair. Rayo paced up besides Armina. "So this is your strategy?" Armina asked. "Correct, and this time there is a short title for it and it is very simple. I call it, the Hamster Cage Of Zaps. The melee fighters keep the opponents fairly immobile and don't allow them to leave. This of course only works if the beasts can be surrounded, are fairly small in numbers and cannot fly. Hence, the slime is perfect. While that is going on the wavemasters deliver the pain in this situation. We all attack it at the same time for as long as it takes unitl it falls with my personal favorite...rai moves. this variation works well considering the wand types," pointing at the wands of Ruri and Vera as well as his own. Armina nodded and as the group leader ordered the attack as best she could. A lightning storm seemed to brew around the monster. A trio of Rai Dons emerged. The three blasts simoultaneously zapped the doomed creature. As the slime squirmed and tried to flee, Nighthand brandished his sword and sent the beast back with a jab. A pair of Rai Dons were performed from the female wavemasters that struck the beast while Rayo casted his GiRai Rom. Its multiple lightning bolts struck the beast severalfold and combined with the other thunder attacks, it wa beaten. The monster lay limp as it slowly faded away.
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP
Bell, the Silver Grunty of Thunder
Skills/Spells-Shocking Arrow of Voltage(30), Arrow of the Burning Stars(10), MeRai Rom(40), Rai Kruz(10), La Repth(20), Rip Maen(40), MeRai Kruz(20), GiVak Kruz(20), MeRai Don(20), Rig Saem(15)
Weapon/Armor/Book-Golden Royal Bow/Thunder Torque, Thunder Cloak, Able Ring, Ivory Greaves/Thunder Magic
Wishlist: YL Fukuoka, Stormlore, Winter Stone, Silver Grunty