Enter the World through the Delta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

ramza
Exalted Player

Post by ramza » Fri Jun 13, 2003 9:25 pm

*bing* back at mac anu. finally ramza was extremely sleepy, but he still had questions. first he went to the weapon shop and got himself something. later he returned to the hideout and took a seat in the corner of the wall and the couch nighthand was on. both with closed eyes, ramza asked nighthand about the keys.

"what do u think they're for, do u think maybe they open a door to the hacker's dungeon nall talked about?"

"what dungeon?"

"you know, where they torture people."

"hmmm....maybe, its a thought."

"yeah....." ramza stopped talking and looked around the room. after loking at people sitting against walls in the darkened room, laying on the floor, he decided to sleep.
Rod of Darkness(Custom)
Night Cloak(Custom)
Dark Vest(Custom)
Red Beret(Custom)
OrmeAni Kruz, ani rom, meani zot, ani kruz
ola repth, rip maen
Ap anid
Dek anid
Level 28
700gp

Armina
Exalted Player

Post by Armina » Fri Jun 13, 2003 11:41 pm

(ooc: okay, the way I see it Kurai & Tokki are on one bed, Armina is on a second, Gingitsune has claimed the third, & Argilus “marked” the forth. Nighthand is on a couch, Nall is still sitting on a couch –but hasn’t said he’s definitely sleeping there, Kayin has claimed a couch too… which leaves 3 couches unclaimed by my count. Then of course Ramza took it upon himself to fall asleep on the floor… *laughs*)

Armina stretches & yawns on the bed, realizing that Nall probably will not be answering her question anyway. Nobody has joined her on the bed she is laying on & it makes her wonder a little bit. Have I annoyed them or something? Maybe I’ve not really made any friends within the group after-all… A slight frown crosses her face & she wrinkles her nose at herself. I know I tend to lean to annoying, but am I really that bad that no one likes me? Or is it just that so many of us are independent, loner types?

She’s about to roll over when she spies a reflection of light from Vera’s hands. “Vera, when did you get claws? Are they new?”

Vera had been laughing shyly but stopped & looked at her hands after Armina’s query. “Yes. Yes they are… another “gift” from the hacker who’s been plaguing me.” Her next words where barely a whisper. “They didn’t hurt at all… just like she said.”

Armina thought she had heard Vera’s mutterings but she is not certain & so keeps quiet about it. Better remember that though, just incase it’s important later on.

I hope Ramza can get decent sleep on the floor like that! Nall had said something about sleeping on the floor being bad or something.

“Ruri? Vera? I know you’re friends… that is if Ruri’s forgiven Vera…” Her words trail off for a second before she blunders ahead typically. “I mean if you would be more comfortable sharing a bed I’d be willing to move, ya know?” She grins mischievously. “I don’t have any problems sharing with Argilus or Gingi."

She laughs merrily. “Besides… if they fuss I could just babble ‘til they give up!”

(ooc: okay guys… *grins* I think it’s time we finished up this sleeping situation. Time to do something -anything!- else! So, try & follow posts & see who’s already where, feel free to have Armina move to either Argilus or Gingitsune’s bed or have someone join her where she is, whatever. *grins* Just please, please do something soon! Pretty please with sugar & whipping cream & a cherry on top?
…I’ll be back on later tonight & if sleeping spots aren’t decided by then, Armina will delegate the sleeping arrangements that are left! *laughs* & that’s a promise! You know she'd do it too! *laughs* She might not know her head from a hole in the ground when it comes to battle strategies, but she is a boistrous busy-body! *laughs*)
Last edited by Armina on Fri Jun 13, 2003 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Level 33
Skills: JukRepulse (WoodL2), RaiWipe (ThunderL2), RueKruz(1:S:Water), DekGanz (dec. Earth), RaiRom (1:Thunder), Repth, RipTeyn
Specials: LifeDrain
Items: 4Antidote, 2Restorative, 23Health Drink, 10Mage'sSoul, 5Ressurect

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Fri Jun 13, 2003 11:46 pm

Nighthand slept. And as he slept, he dreamed.

He appeared in a field, as if he had just warped there from a chaos gate. But there was something strange about the field.

It was completely black.

There was no definition. It wasn't like it was nighttime, or just black. There was nothing there at all.

Suddenly, a bean of light shot down out of the sky, lighting up the area around Nighthand. The ground was white. It wasn't so much an illumination, as it was a color change. Then another beam appeared, some distance away. Nighthand, intrigued, headed towards it.

There was no sensation of movement, nothing. He just watched as his body moved and the other light grew larger. Soon he was close enough to see what was in the other light.

It was the same wavemaster he had encountered earlier, the one with the crystal wand. Nighthand moved closer, close enough to talk. The wavemaster started first.

"Nighthand. I am glad you could come."

"How did I get here? Last I knew, I was asleep in Nall's hideout…whoops."
Nighthand hesitated, because he didn't think he should have told this wavemaster about Nall's hideout.

"Don't worry, Nighthand. I know about Nall's hideout. And, I know that, even though your character is here, it is also still asleep in that hideout."

"Who are you?"

"I thought you knew that, by now at least. My name is Kiltran."

"Kiltran. Okay, I can believe that. How did you get here? I thought you had been deleted?"

"Never mind about that. What matters now is your current situation. I am here to give you a warning. Whatever the price, for the time being, you must stay with Nall's party. The hackers you are fighting, they are far more powerful than you can imagine. You, and the group, must stop them."

"That's what I was planning. It's not like I have any choice. I mean, I am in a coma…"

"Yes, you are that. However, all is not lost. You could have at any time left the group and gone off on your own. Just know this. If at any time you feel like leaving. These hackers are a major threat to the world. They must be stopped, or else the world, lo, even the very networks of the world, could be destroyed."

"So all I have…" Nighthand began, but once again, the hacker was gone.

The dream faded, and he woke with a start in Nall's room. Seeing that the bed situation still wasn't solved, hi settled back down and tried to return to slumber.

Vera
Exalted Player

Post by Vera » Sat Jun 14, 2003 12:33 am

Vera yawns softly as she began to lay on the floor "I'd gladly share a bed with Ruri, but its up to her if she has forgiven me" Vera said licking her hand slowly "Nall, you really should increase the size of this place, something funny could be going on, and I watch out for Gingi, shes a fox!" she said giggling slightly at her pun as Nall raised a brow

"Yes, she is, hehe" Nall said as he waited for everyone to finish deciding on their sleeping areas

"And lets not forget Armina, Meow!" Vera said still joking around as she saw Armina blush slightly "And Nall isn't so bad either, and Ruri, your just purrfect" she said as she saw Nall give her a raised brow and Ruri lighten up a bit "Come on, I'm sure we could have a party" she said smiling as she stuck out her tongue "A victory bash, in short, come on, lets paint the town red, nah, not red, lets try hot pink!" she said laughing happily with her ears raised as Tokki raised an eye brow to her

"Vera, I think you need to go to sleep, your starting to scare everyone" Tokki said cuddling in on her bed

"Ohh come on, you can't tell me no one wants to party" Vera said as everyone turned their heads no "Damn, it was worth a try, I was gonna steal Tokki's spot as soon as she moved, but ohh well" she said laying down on the ground still waiting to her from Ruri
Weapon: Shadow Guns
Armor: GunnerHeadband|Gunner Cloak|Dark Gunner Gloves|Shadow Anklet
Skills:Rapid Shot|Ani Eater|Ap Torv|La Repth|Ani Kruz
Money:8608
Items:Many
Power: Night Vision and Blindness Immune
Wishlist: More Ultra Light Gunner Equipment

Golden Orb is Currently: faint blue glow

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Sat Jun 14, 2003 12:53 am

Rayo was getting slightly flustered. This was not an issue he expected to show up in a game. Partnering up seemed to label people as couples and Rayo did not feel like having a misnomer right now. Rayo walked to the bed where Armina was sitting and sat off next to it. He leaned back against the bed. At least he could have covers at his back. Someone seemed ready to comment but a look from Rayo halted that. Should anyone dare make an offhand remark, they would not be feeling very well in the morning. A zap at bedtime would ruin their sleep. He had no intention of causing any issue but at least he had something soft to lean against. Armina could keep the bed. He just did not want to sleep on the floor. Not that he wouldn't if it came down to it but this might be their last chance, who knew what would come next.

Rayo scanned the room. How many altered players? Tokki had her unique ice powers. Kurai had a mysterious weapon, the elegant treeweaver. Vera was a cat more or less, Armina had cat ears, Gingitsune had a fox tail but was noticeably absent. So was Argilus. he wondered where they had gotten off to.
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP
Bell, the Silver Grunty of Thunder
Skills/Spells-Shocking Arrow of Voltage(30), Arrow of the Burning Stars(10), MeRai Rom(40), Rai Kruz(10), La Repth(20), Rip Maen(40), MeRai Kruz(20), GiVak Kruz(20), MeRai Don(20), Rig Saem(15)
Weapon/Armor/Book-Golden Royal Bow/Thunder Torque, Thunder Cloak, Able Ring, Ivory Greaves/Thunder Magic
Wishlist: YL Fukuoka, Stormlore, Winter Stone, Silver Grunty

Ruri Hoshino

Post by Ruri Hoshino » Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:02 am

Ruri scanned the room with her gray-blue eyes, leaning against a wall near the beds. She watched Vera act like a fool as she saw the others starting a conversation before getting some rest. She saw Rayo lean back in one of the beds and decided to go and sit near the bed he was in. "You seem to be a thoughtful mood, is there something that boggles you?" Ruri asked looking at Rayo curiously. Rayo stayed quiet as if Ruri wasn't there. Ruri gave a small sigh and then tried to strike some conversation with him again, "So...may I ask, what do you think of this situation now? I mean isn't it strange we're stuck in a game? I mean a few years ago...this..wouldn't even be possible." She said trying to get him to say something. Ruri waited to see if Rayo would say something in response.

((oi....I hate being off the comp some times for a couple of days ^.^()]

Asgard
Exalted Player

Post by Asgard » Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:46 am

Asgard was about to wave back to Vera, who seemed much better than her weeping maiden self before. He felt happy for a moment, but then realized of his situation. A situation that he had been in millions of times before.

He was alone now. It was almost like Vera's state of mind before was airborne and clung to the Heavy Blade like the shadow of death that seemed to now follow him wherever he may wander.

To Asgard, loneliness was just an acquaintance that he couldn't get rid of. He used to feel so useless without others, but overexposure turned him into the brooding Heavy Blade that he was now. His fiendish appearance was a savior as well. With no one getting close to him, no one will find out who he was and why he is so distant.

They didn't need to know the horrors of his past.

Asgard sighed once more, releasing his troubles in the exhale. He had no time to worry. He had to take a nap before the sun broke through the darkness. He relaxed his body, still propped in front of the barrel, trying to close his eyes and hope that his nightmare would end.

Before he could close his eyes, he saw something on the wall of the bridge. It was a light brown piece of paper, propped up on the side with nothing holding it. He stood up, his need for rest starting to become a secondary thing to the paper. He grabbed the sheet on the wall and looked at it.

There was a picture of the Heavy Blade on the paper with writing beneath.

"This character (Asgard) is an outlaw player, wanted alive. Reward stands at 150,000 GP. If you have any information regarding this individual, please contact System Admin Central."

He frowned as he read his wanted bulletin. It was one of most likely many, probably strewn across every root town in this game.

I guess that my past is going to be catching up faster than I first thought...

He ripped the paper off the wall and crumpled it into an unrecognizable paper wad. With a flick of his wrist, he tossed the rough sphere into the river and started to head back to Nall's hideout...
This is my non-banner profile. Read at own discretion!
Wishlist (Bolded sections denotate priority, in descending order)
In General: LEVELS
Pet-Related: EX-Levels, [Lv. 2]Overdrive Sphere, [Lv. 2]Ressurect
Armor: Dice Gloves (20 RARE), Golden Turban (42), Saint Cross (41), Protect Ring (41)
Weapons: Master Nunchaku (40 RARE), Three-Section Staff (37),
Items: (None)

Vera
Exalted Player

Post by Vera » Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:53 am

Vera looked down as Ruri didn't give an answer, her attepmt to cheer up the mood had failed as she opened the door "She was right, none of you do want me around anymore." she said walking outside "I'm sorry you all hate me, I'll leave you alone, I'm sorry you can't forgive me Ruri" she said slaming the door behind her as she sat on a box outside "I should have gone with her, at least I wouldn't have to suffer anymore with their hatred" she said licking her hand like it was a paw "Whats the point in even continuing with them, everyday she adds a new thing to me, and there is no way to stop it, with out killing her, which wont be possible." she said yawning

"Don't give in" a voice rang in her head "Fight, just let them have their time alone" it said slowly

"Once I get out of here, if I do, I'm seeing a shrink, about these voices, and I'm never gonna play a game again" Vera said as she laid down near the box shivering as she went to sleep
Weapon: Shadow Guns
Armor: GunnerHeadband|Gunner Cloak|Dark Gunner Gloves|Shadow Anklet
Skills:Rapid Shot|Ani Eater|Ap Torv|La Repth|Ani Kruz
Money:8608
Items:Many
Power: Night Vision and Blindness Immune
Wishlist: More Ultra Light Gunner Equipment

Golden Orb is Currently: faint blue glow

Kodel
Elevated Player

Post by Kodel » Sat Jun 14, 2003 3:04 am

Seeing people pair off and move into rooms or lie down on couches reminded Kodel just how tired he was.

He sat down on one of the remaining couches. He thought hesitantly that he should leave it to one of the more elite players, as they should all have first dibs. He didn’t mind sharing a bed with someone, but at the risk of sounding weird, he didn’t know anyone nearly well enough. The mere mention of sleep had crashed down on Kodel like a hammer. He didn’t think he had the capacity to be so exhausted. He didn’t know how long he had been up, but he was certain, for some reason, that he hadn’t slept in… a very long time.

He felt exhaustion wash over him in a wave the moment he shut his eyes.

He had never dreamed really frequently. On the rare times he did, he always remembered them. He still remembered a nightmare from when he was 4, right after his first cat had died. They were the most euphoric and dreadful memories he had. He felt more alive in dreams then anywhere else, even here, in this waking dream.

Again he dreamed. He was on an open field, a sea of green stretching out as far as he could see. Like the first field he had visited, but more like the fields that surrounded his home, fallow farmland waiting to be sold. He always felt comfortable here, in this solitude.

He stood, stretching, hearing his back crack loudly. He stopped and blinked. He looked down at himself. No juban, no striped tattoos crisscrossing his arm. He was in the real world.

He whirled, but instead of seeing his familiar brick house, he saw the same continuing field. Standing across the plain were familiar faces. Tokki, Armina, Gingitsune, Nall, Vera, Nighthand, Kurai, Ramza, everyone he had met just a couple hours ago. They were here, dressed as they normally were, except the seemed to be frozen, almost like mannequins. Vera’s hands looked different though, almost like she had claws.

He blinked. Where was he? He wasn’t in the World, nor was he in the real world.

Nall suddenly moved, drawing his long sword. Kodel jumped back instinctively, reaching for his Phoenix Wing, gasping in astonishment when he grabbed then air. Rather then the light blue clothing he had given his character, he gripped the denim of one of his favorite pairs of white jeans.

“Why are you here?” Nall asked him flatly.

Kodel blinked “I… don’t know… where is here?”

Nall gestured, pointing his sword as Tokki, the Long Arm not moving a hair, even as the blade caressed the side of her face.

“You really think you can protect her? Or any of them? You can’t even protect yourself.”

Nall gestured with a flick of his hand. Kodel couldn’t describe in very well, but suddenly, Nall appeared in front of him. The taller man reared back, and head butted him, making him cry out in pain. Nall grabbed the front of his shirt, and lifted him off the ground, suddenly slamming him into the dirt of the field. Kodel sputtered as moist, cool earth suddenly flooded his mouth and nose.

He nearly screamed when he felt a violent jolt to his stomach, picking him up off the ground, hurling him over the grass.

This is exactly what happened last time, he thought. On the platform… but that means…

He flailed madly, reaching for a handhold. Suddenly he was falling, the grass giving way to hard hewn stone. He grabbed the platform with his free hand. The entire plain was gone. He was back in the dungeon field, and he could hear the roar of the ocean far beneath him. He swung there for a moment, reaching up with his other hand. He strained, pulling himself up over the lip. Nall still stood there, across the circular stone precipice, smirking at him slightly.

“Why do you fight so hard? No know you can’t win in your situation. You’ll never make it out of the game alive. You’re going to die here. Not even they can help you.” He walked back over to the Tokki statue. “You can’t protect anyone. Not even the one who found you, wandering like a lost kitten in a dog pen. She tried to help you, but you failed her, didn’t you? You couldn’t protect her, even for a moment. Not any of them.”

Suddenly a plume of water sprouted over the edge, the tip reforming into the familiar face of the water dragon. Thin lines of fluid shot from its body core, impaling Tokki, Asgard, Kurai, and Ruri, lifting them back up into the air. Kodel slapped his hands to his ears. He didn’t want to hear that scream again, but it shot through him like a thousand needles of ice, their agony flowing through him like lava.

“Delightful sounds they make when they die, don’t you think?” Nall said, a bitter laugh coming from his throat. Four graying forms crashed to the ground, shattering like glass. Kodel struggled to his feet, but Nall had strode away already, over to Veras side, his tattooed arm drawing a line down her face. “Ah… the traitor. I’m surprised you didn’t follow her out of the hideout and slit her throat.”

Kodel sneered. “She’s not a traitor.”

Nall threw back his head and cackled “You don’t call giving a lap dance to the enemy treason. My, but the US wouldn’t last long if you were in charge.”

Kodel winced. His wounds had started bleeding, and he raised his forearm to his face to stop a drizzle of blood coming from his nose “She debased herself to try and help us. In the end, it was useful. She distracted Kuja, if only for a moment. She even managed to coerce him out of something useful to her.”

“Still… what a shameful way to do it, don’t you agree.” Said Nall, that faint smirk coming back.

“She has more honor and dignity than you do, you cowardly bastard. Show your face. Wearing his is a farce I won’t put up with.”

Nall grinned. Suddenly, his face began to bleed in on itself. His shrank half a foot, his arms shortening as coat arms lengthened to cover his arms to the wrist. His hair folded in on itself, turning a light blond, which suddenly fell down his back loosely. Jet black rippled over the body, solidifying into clothing. Jet black shoes and slacks, a black shirt and over coat, and even black gloves to top it off.

“But that’s not what you were thinking on the platform now, was it?” said the Man in Black, decidedly unfazed, even though Kodel had seen through the pathetic ruse. “What was that thought again?” he said sarcastically. He snapped his fingers “Oh yeah. ‘My god, that’s disgusting. I hope Kuja stabs the whore.’”

Kodel smirked faintly, and shrugged “What can I say? Her act fooled even me.”

The man raised his hand, and his short sword shot from his sleeve. He raised it high “Still, how sad would you be to see her die? Really, now?”

Kodel stared at the Man in Black, then grinned “What difference does it make? Like you said, we’re all dead anyway, right?”

The Man in Black blinked at him, apparently surprised, obviously expecting another cliché refusal to die, to fight on to the end, not… acquiescence. He sputtered, trying to come back with another one-liner, but unable to come up with one.

The landscaped flickered, a sound like television static suddenly rippled across his field of vision. Kodel gaped, raising his hand to point at the Man in Black. The expression on his face had been too real, too human. He realized that he wasn’t really dreaming “You’re… really here, aren’t you?” He stared stepping towards the freak, his hands balling into fists.

“Don’t try anything stupid, boy. I can – “ he started

“If you’re really here… I can really HURT YOU!!” Kodel slowly quickened to a charge, his voice rising to a roar.

The Man in Black goggled at him, raising his free hand. “Freeze!” he yelled. Kodel felt… something… roll over him, and wash away. His grinned madly as he closed the distance to his opponent. “THAT WON’T WORK HERE, FREAK!!” Kodel screamed, crashing into him. The impact carried them both several feet, and Kodel suddenly felt something familiar in his hand. The leather-wrapped grip of his sword. They fell, and he crashed on top of the Man in Black, who grunted as he tried to rise, Kodel rolling across him.

He came out of his roll behind the Man in Black, dropping his sword across his neck, yanking backward, trying to decapitate him. His opponent barely managed to catch his blade edge with the hilt of his own sword. Kodel pulled hard, the edge closing in on the Man in Black’s unprotected throat.

Kodel leaned close to his ear, whispering as he heard him strain to throw off his attack “How does it feel? To know pain? To know that you…” he reared back, bringing his head down on the back of the Man in Blacks. He dropped his sword and balled his hands, smashing him to the floor with another blow to the base of his opponent’s skull “WILL DIE HERE!”

He stepped forward and came down on the back of his head. He heard the Man in Black nose break, and the man squirmed, squealing in pain. “Feel it, freak. The agony you’ve made us feel.” He stepped around, reaching down and grabbing a large clump of his hair, yanking him to his knees. He brought his other hand back, smashing it into that hated face, no longer smug and snobbish, but terrified.

“For our pain!”

Smash.

“For our lives!”

Smash.

“Which you tried to take!”

Smash.

“For a freaking game!”

Smash.

“I WILL KILL YOU FOR THIS!!!”

He reached down and grabbed the waist of the Man in Black’s slacks, lifting him above his head. He stepped to the edge of the platform. A hush fell across him as he stood there, the endless black sea stretching out far below him.

“Die. Oblivion awaits you.”

“Get me out of here!” the Man in Black screamed, the terror plain in his voice.

He groaned as he brought his arms forward. Suddenly, the Man in Black vanished from between his hands. He hadn’t fallen; he had simply winked out of existence from between his clenched fists.
He suddenly realized he was pitching forward. He had thrown to hard, and his momentum carried his over the precipice. He screamed in rage and frustration as he fell, the sea rushing up to meet him.

“NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!”

He had believed he would die in this game, from the very moment he had realized he was stuck here. What infuriated him was that he hadn’t been able to kill the Man in Black first.

He suddenly bolted upright on the couch, feeling slick with sweat

“No… No… No…” he muttered over and over. It took him a moment to realize where he was.

Back in the hideout. He glanced down, seeing his juban and his sword sheath.

He stood, still quaking, glancing around. Everyone else still slept soundly, undisturbed.

He headed for the door, his jitteriness replaced by the fading rush of adrenaline. He was so out of it he bumped into Asgard, who was just heading in the door.

“Oh sorry.” Kodel muttered. The Heavy Blade clapped him on the shoulder “No problem. You might want to get some sleep though. You looked awful. The fight really took its toll on you.”

Kodel chuckled, trying to keep from laughing out loud “Not for a while, I think. One failure is enough for the night.” He gestured behind him “I freed up a couch for you. I won’t be needing it for the rest of the night.”
"Goodness for the most part is an illusion... Little fables people tell themselves so they can get through their days without screaming to much."
Kodel | Level 20 | Blademaster | 45000 Gold | Pheonix Wing | Thunder Armor, Silver Bracer, Time Headband, Safety Shoes, losta items and some scrolls | Ani Slash, Ani Revolver, Ap Ganz, Ap Corv, Ap Do. Gan Zot, Rai Rom

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Sat Jun 14, 2003 3:40 am

Rayo looked over to Ruri thoughtfully. He set his wand off to the side and turned his head to face her. She seemed brave to be able to act so cheerful with the current situation. He supposed everyone had their own ways of dealing with the comatose state. "Maybe it would have been possible a few years ago," Rayo mused. "but it may have been a bit different. What if we had become trapped in normal rpgs, like a one player save the world sort of game? We could be trapped all alone. I have no way of knowing how many people in the world may be fake, after all, who have I met offline? I have a strong feeling about certain people here being alive though." Even though Ruri seemed to want further explanation he decided to switch the topic. "I was wondering about our chances. From what I have gathered, talking with the other players, they have done events such as the last more than once or twice in the past. So, most likely, there will be similar challenges to deal with. I was wondering how well I would be able to survive the next ordeal. I don't think my talents are up to it. I'm far too weak to be useful really. I don't help with group moral for one thing. If I did, I would not be saying things such as this right now. I can't save the day like Nall or Gingitsune. I died twice earlier. That was more times than anyone else. Does that alone not prove I'm the weakest here? I'm physically weak as a wavemaster, my spells are decent but nothing amazing. My speed is only average. My tactics are all but useless against anything actually living. I'm only holding others back from their potential. You would do much better without me in the way." Rayo sensed her question before she had a chance to even ask it. "I'm not planning on leaving the group. I am not so cowardly to abandon everyone. If the group wished me to leave though, I would depart."
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP
Skills/Spells-Shocking Arrow of Voltage(30), Arrow of the Burning Stars(10), MeRai Rom(40), Rai Kruz(10), La Repth(20), Rip Maen(40), MeRai Kruz(20), GiVak Kruz(20), MeRai Don(20), Rig Saem(15)
Weapon/Armor/Book-Golden Royal Bow/Thunder Torque, Thunder Cloak, Able Ring, Ivory Greaves/Thunder Magic

Ruri Hoshino

Post by Ruri Hoshino » Sat Jun 14, 2003 3:58 am

Ruri nodded, looking Rayo deeply into his eyes, almost anaylzing him by the way he carried himself in the conversation. "I doubt any one will ask you to leave. Your pretty brave and do your best to help those in need, and put other lives before you."Ruri said. "Unlike me, as of now, I'm sure Vera is getting pity from ever one because of actions towards her. Don't get me wrong I forgive her. But every time I look her way, I can only see how she truly is now. a self rigtious tart at times, who lets her cat side of herself get the best of her. Deep inside, there must be a decent young lady under her....I'm guessing.." She said serious,

"Then again, if you think about it, we all need each other as a group in order to survive any task ahead of us." Ruri thought for a moment and chuckled a bit as she looked about, seeing people pair up with others on beds and what not. "Its silly...I don't understand the point of sleeping if psychially we're already a sleep. The mind itself needs no sleep, well how I see it. Besides I hardly got sleep in real life. So, its kind of awkward to sleep so long now."She said looking at Rayo. "How about you? Did you ever sleep much in real life?"

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Sat Jun 14, 2003 4:18 am

Rayo did not need to give the question much thought. "I never slept much. About five hours usually. I prefered to be awake. To think, ponder, to train. I did not want to waste any time of my life. Sleep is like a coma. Both are temporary losses of concious thought. I never liked sleeping too much. Besides, it was always quiet and trnaquil, so many others in their delusionary dreams..." Rayo wondered about one important question. "I know your cousin was a reason to start this game, but was it the only one? Is there another reason why you chose to play, accepted the risks? Some started to better themself. Some were hoping not to escape from reality but to mold reality with it. Give life a new fresh view. See it from a different perspective. Now, what was once real life would be like an escape from the world. Strange idea. I wanted....nevermind." Rayo turned away slightly and watched everyone sleeping so soundly. How could he give his reasons? How many more nights would live on like this?
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP

Ruri Hoshino

Post by Ruri Hoshino » Sat Jun 14, 2003 4:36 am

"I came on...cause my cousin went into a coma, after playing the world. At first, no one would tell me, until I researched The World and what was going on. So I came to the conculsion that he must of went into a coma cause of this game. Why I decided to take the same risk as him, because deep down, I knew some way I'd see him in here, plus talk to his friends to see what happened as well. But, instead I found you guys and ended up like him. Now, I guess I get comfy here, until...we actually wake up."

Ruri looked at Rayo, seeing how he was absorbing her reason for coming to The World. Ruri looked at Rayo, almost letting her guard down, becoming who she was in real life. She became a little timid for a moment and didn't say a word, except look into Rayo's eyes. Rayo looked back, waiting for her to reply, but itseemed as if Ruri broke down a bit. Ruri shook her head a bit and then looked away from Rayo.

"So...you thik there's any hope for us waking up? I mean...there's a good chance right now we might be stuck like this for a long while. But I just hope that chance I speak of is just from paranioa speaking. Because..I miss my family a lot. And...I miss...him...too. I hope he didn't try The World. I couldn't bear him being in a coma like me."

Ruri looked down a bit, thinking of her fiancee who she missed so much. But as she thought of it a bit, for all she knew, he fiancee was in The World and was also in a coma, but she got a grip on herself, almost forgetting she was speaking with Rayo. "I'm sorry about spacing out. I..I can't help it." Rayo understood and began to pay attention a little more. "So...what's your life like? Do you have a girlfriend?"

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Sat Jun 14, 2003 4:49 am

If Rayo did not have good self control his eyes would have bugged out. how did their conversation get over to that sort of topic? That was not what Rayo had expected. He was waiting to hear, if he had a strong reason for being here. While glad to not have sort of question, was this one even worse? Fortunately, fate smiled upon Rayo just this once. Almost everyone was asleep.

"Girlfriend, not really. I guess I have friends who are female but nothing like that. My life is not all that interesting. Nothing unusual ever happened, until now at least. My life is nothing too important. I don't want to bore you. Try and get some rest. Tomorrow will be another dangerous day. If you sleep you can feel refreshed then."

Rayo leaned back and closed his eyes. He did not plan on sleeping right then. But perhaps if he tried to look like he was resting, Ruri would not ask many more penetrating questions. This was harder than Banshaku.
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP

Ruri Hoshino

Post by Ruri Hoshino » Sat Jun 14, 2003 5:02 am

Ruri can tell her questions were beginning to be a little diffcult to answer. Ruri gave Rayo a warm smile and nodded her head. "Excuse my questions, its just that, I don't know how to interact with people real well. Well I might as well let you rest. You seem to be more tuckered out than I am. Unless, you wish to talk more its fine with me. Besides, I already know I'm stuck to rest on the floor....so...I rather just sit and think with my eyes closed than offically pretending to rest like every one else." Ruri streched a bit and leaned against the Bed Rayo was on. She looked up a bit thinking, how much she missed home. Her eyes wanted to look into Rayo's, but she stopped herself from doing so. "I guess...good night then Rayo....see you in the morning....well...I'm guessing it'll be morning..."Ruri said as she began to think.

this is odd....pretending to sleep, and yet we are a sleep psychically....but then again, it does bring a sense of comfort of home for all of us...or a normal life some what. I must give Nall and Gingitsune to make such a place. But, how many will this place hold? What if we find others in our situation? This place won't hold every one Ruri smiled a bit, thinking how full the hideout would be. She wanted to tqalk to Rayo more, but she felt she was making Rayo feel uneasy. Maybe tomorrow...well assuming its another day, they could talk more.