Enter the World through the Theta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Fri Oct 03, 2003 3:04 am

That pesky rodent wasn’t helping the situation. It ignored Rayo’s questions, which had clearly stated the result of such an action. He would be forced to wonder why the dragon refused to answer, or even comment on his question. What was it hiding? Was there something it knew that would splinter the group either further? Or perhaps shed some light no something about Nall that he didn’t want them to know? He trusted it even less now.

To top it off, the insults were getting annoying. The demands it stated were equally absurd. It said mission was from it, he wasn’t its lackey. He wasn’t going to follow the orders of an artificial intelligence. They were trapped in a game as it was; he wasn’t going to obey the game now as well. They had lost many things…many freedoms they took for granted. One of the few things he still possessed that he had on the outside was his integrity and his dignity. He wasn’t going to sacrifice those as well. He wasn’t the only one feeling that way either. He was sure of it.

The dragon sounded like a disgruntled counselor now, either that or a teacher saying play nice while cursing at them. Get to know each other? That would happen gradually, it would naturally happen over time. It didn’t just occur overnight.

Nor did he like the time deadline attached with a question. What right did it, a computer AI; have to their thoughts anyway? It wouldn’t tell them what they would do with it, why exactly they had to face the hackers, or anything else…what an unhelpful little creature…

He didn’t have to share his reasons with that tiny beast anyhow…images of some of the others flashed in his mind. Armina…Kurai…Argilus…Gingitsune…Vera…the people in this group were only a partial reason he was there. He was also there for himself, not completely but it was an important factor. Lets see…an exact answer…

"What is your purpose in this group? What are YOU trying to achieve...”

That was answered easily enough. His purpose in this group was to assist in their mutual survival, to help in everyway reasonable to further that goal. Reasonable…not possible. Most things including risking his life were reasonable. Discarding his values wasn’t one of them. What was he trying to achieve? The destruction of those who were seeking his destruction, and to survive. He additionally wanted those he was around to survive as well, while keeping their true selves intact through all of this.

As he was sure Nayru was still listening close by anyway, he gave his quiet answer now, not six days later.
“I’m going if the others choose to. It is as simple as that. I will go to the hideout in time but I can’t honestly say I trust you. Every fiber of my being is telling me not to trust you. I don’t care if that displeases you or not. You’ll have to realize I don’t plan on sacrificing my beliefs to keep on going. Life without holding onto your values isn’t living; it is called taking up space.” With that said, he turned from the spot and began to walk away as well. He went to a new spot, one without so many prying eyes constantly taking peeks in. He knew he wouldn’t find such a spot especially with so many others going around so he didn’t really bother trying. Walking aimlessly, he considered how this was turning out. Less than perfectly, that was for sure. He decided he would stay out of the hideout for a bit though, he didn’t like the feeling he got there. A major reason he had never slept in either one.
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP
Bell, the Silver Grunty of Thunder
Skills/Spells-Shocking Arrow of Voltage(30), Arrow of the Burning Stars(10), MeRai Rom(40), Rai Kruz(10), La Repth(20), Rip Maen(40), MeRai Kruz(20), GiVak Kruz(20), MeRai Don(20), Rig Saem(15)
Weapon/Armor/Book-Golden Royal Bow/Thunder Torque, Thunder Cloak, Able Ring, Ivory Greaves/Thunder Magic
Wishlist: YL Fukuoka, Stormlore, Winter Stone, Silver Grunty

Vera
Exalted Player

Post by Vera » Fri Oct 03, 2003 4:07 am

Zavier_D wrote:He was bored of sitting there listening to the conversation. He decided, instead, to go talk to Vera. He walked over to her, and as she kept screaming things to an apparently absent Kurai, he walked directly in front of her.

"Why are you so intent on disturbing his personal meditation?"
"All right no offense, but you guys are idiots." Vera said staring directly into Xeromessia's eyes "we just barely survive a fight with admins, and look whose off like its no big deal. Seems a little odd to me." she said looking at him still as she started to walk in the direct Kurai went

"I have no concern to what you think, he can't kill me, and he already tried." Vera said as she closed her eyes "Hmm, my enhancement is up, but that will be quickly fixed, and I will be off." she said as a crest started to hover over her "Ap Do" she said as it broke and glistened around her.

"Kurai is up to something, and if you don't want to believe me, then fine. I'll go and handle this all myself. Right now he is probably going to rat us out to the admins. Do you want that!" Vera yelled at Xeromessia as she turned around "And I'll prove that he is working with someone bad, if you don't like it then fine, not my fault. And if he tries to kill me again, and when his spear fails like before, I'll bring his head back." she said rushing off quick enough not to be caught by the others as she perused Kurai
Weapon: Shadow Guns
Armor: GunnerHeadband|Gunner Cloak|Dark Gunner Gloves|Shadow Anklet
Skills:Rapid Shot|Ani Eater|Ap Torv|La Repth|Ani Kruz
Money:8608
Items:Many
Power: Night Vision and Blindness Immune
Wishlist: More Ultra Light Gunner Equipment

Golden Orb is Currently: faint blue glow

Armina
Exalted Player

Back in the hideout

Post by Armina » Fri Oct 03, 2003 5:18 am

Back in the hideout:

Stretching contentedly, Armina wakes alone in the bed she had collapsed upon. Sitting up & looking around she discovers that she's also nearly alone in the hideout as well. What's going on? It's not like us for so many of them to be gone at once... sure, just about all of us need our time alone occasionally, but this is ridiculous!

“ g‘morning!” No one responds. Taking another long look, the LongArm realizes that it’s over half the group that is gone… including the tiny dragon, Nayru. The passing thought of not really knowing what gender Nall created the cute AI as is fleeting in her fear of being left out of something important. Sure, Ramza is still sleeping where he was when she had left for her own time alone but the others just seem to be in their own private thoughts. With Asgard & Kayin that made sense; Asgard was wanted by the administrators –he had told them that much- and Kayin had his new alteration to deal with. Ruri & especially Raye were always leaning to the quiet side, but Ramza was usually a bit more communicative –mostly with Nighthand, who is not here. Then again, the WaveMaster was asleep & if he had been sleeping the whole time he probably did not even know Nighthand was gone. Kaisamyuu had been relatively silent ever since joining up with the group, but Tokki… Tokki was an odd one to be inactive & hushed. Odder still, she was not off wherever Kurai was. I thought those two were joined at the hip after that whole “sleeping arrangements” fiasco Nall put us through in MacAnu. Did I miss something?

Though clearer, her mind still races feverishly as she checks off the names of those she can not see in the hideout. Gingi, Kurai, Rayo, Argilus, Nayru, Nighthand, Tirath, Hijinx, Falcon, Vera, Xero… where are you? What are you doing?

What was intended only as an internal count & pondering instead travels Dun Loreag.

(ooc: okay, the way I figure it each person named only hears the thought & the following question after their own name. So Gingi would hear all the names, but Xero only his own. Also, unless I’m told otherwise, the “call” can only be heard in DunLoreag –so Nighthand you’ll get to decide if you were back in time for it or not. Oh.. & I don’t know if Nayru can hear it at all… that’s a decision for Nall (or Gingi or Asgard) I suppose. Just don’t know whether it should work with AIs or only with player characters.
Um… I just figured it should start being more common knowledge… that & it might help reach this 6 day goal thing… *laughs*
I hope I got everyone in the right places too. *grins* I was getting a little lost as to who was where & thought a recap would be useful.)
Level 33
Skills: JukRepulse (WoodL2), RaiWipe (ThunderL2), RueKruz(1:S:Water), DekGanz (dec. Earth), RaiRom (1:Thunder), Repth, RipTeyn
Specials: LifeDrain
Items: 4Antidote, 2Restorative, 23Health Drink, 10Mage'sSoul, 5Ressurect

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:23 pm

"OK! That'll be enough of that then. I seriously doubt you have the ability to dodge that, and i don't feel like wasting any speed scrolls, so you're going to learn how to fly!"

Falcon nearly falls over when he hears hijinx mention flying. "WHAT!?" he screams. "People don't fly!

Laughing maniacly, hijinx smiles broadly. "They do now. HERE WE GO!" Despite his protest, hijinx grabs his hand and flings him far away from the wall. Following in suit, she herself pushes off and takes a good long look down. Giggling at the aspect of falling from this height, hijinx begins to wonder how gingitsune would feel about this. He had to be broken in, but this may be a little exteme..... nah. They were now a mere 50 ft from the bottom, and increasing in speed gradually. "Ready falcon? This is the fun part....." Pulling him onto her back he clings on for his life. Hitting 30 feet, hijinx pull a scroll out and points her feet straight down. Casting the spell, she braces as a blast of air flies out of the ground and connects with her, slowing the descent considerably. Landig with little force and spinning slightly, Hijinx cast a gaze at falcon, who had fainted somewhere between the spell and landing and had just begun to come to..[/b]
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Fri Oct 03, 2003 5:24 pm

Rayo hadn’t done much besides wander about after concluding his conversation with Nayru. Part of the reason was that he didn’t run into anyone of the group. He wasn’t really looking for them and he doubted any were looking to see where he was in the root town.

Suddenly, he heard his a voice in his head.
“…Rayo, Argilus, Nayru, Nighthand, Tirath, Hijinx, Falcon, Vera, Xero… where are you? What are you doing?”
Armina was calling. He wasn’t quite sure where she was though. He had noticed some of the names were of people he had seen on the outside. Perhaps she was in the Dun Loireag hideout? Walking back over towards the grunty farm, he slowly stepping on the wooden bridges leading to it. Did he really feel like going back into the hideout? He never quite got a good feeling from that place. Even so, he doubted he was in any greater danger there than out in the main areas of the root town. Slightly quickening his pace, he crossed over until he reached the grunty farm entrance. Being careful to not draw attention to himself, he slipped behind the grunt farm and walked around until he reached the entrance of the hideout.

Stepping in quietly, he glanced around and noticed almost everyone was either sleeping or sitting off in their own little corner in the room. He could see Armina sitting by one of the beds so he walked over and sat down on the floor next to the bed quietly.
“You called.” He said it in such a tone to not ask but simply stating why he was there. He didn’t ask any questions why or anything of the kind, if there was something she wished to discuss, she could bring it up. He began to become lost in his own thoughts quickly enough. Seeing Armina reminded him of their fight in the Yamiyo server. How many of the hackers they fought there, how many actually survived the fighting, and even more relevant, how many of them had actually mattered? They had fought some directly like Kuja, Royce, Melzas…how many times would these hackers chase after them? The hackers seemed a bit more pressing than the system administration solely because the hackers seemed to possess information that actually mattered to their…cause.
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP
Bell, the Silver Grunty of Thunder
Skills/Spells-Shocking Arrow of Voltage(30), Arrow of the Burning Stars(10), MeRai Rom(40), Rai Kruz(10), La Repth(20), Rip Maen(40), MeRai Kruz(20), GiVak Kruz(20), MeRai Don(20), Rig Saem(15)
Weapon/Armor/Book-Golden Royal Bow/Thunder Torque, Thunder Cloak, Able Ring, Ivory Greaves/Thunder Magic
Wishlist: YL Fukuoka, Stormlore, Winter Stone, Silver Grunty

ramza
Exalted Player

Post by ramza » Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:44 pm

ramza was in a deep sleep, his dream in a first person view from the ocean, inside the tuube on a tall wave. he remembered the feel of the water, the touch, the power, even the taste. he missed his days out on the beach with his family, or better yet, with his girlfriend, out together, laying on the warm, smooth sand. if only he had more time......TIME TIME TIME!!!!

"Huh what?" ramza was awakened from his slumber by the yelling of the furry catgon.
........................................................................................................................................................................................................................

ramza took a few moments to let the things he said sink in. nayru was right. ramza needed to think about what HIS purpose is. the group was fighting the hackers of course. but what was HIS purpose, what was HE doing there. the answer, surely enough was within his dream. he was waiting to get back out there. see her face again, see the white water washing over again. he was waiting. and when he joined the group, he was hoping to mak his dream come true - but faster. he wanted to exit this dream entitled "the world" and enter his dream before this.

the trust issue too....he needed to think about that. sure he trusted them, but what did he know about them? other than nighthand of course, and gingitsune and the late nall, he didnt know much about his teammates, especially the new ones. he would put it on his todo list at this moment. the one thing he did know was that he would stay in the hideout, and not risk being left behind.....
Rod of Darkness(Custom)
Night Cloak(Custom)
Dark Vest(Custom)
Red Beret(Custom)
OrmeAni Kruz, ani rom, meani zot, ani kruz
ola repth, rip maen
Ap anid
Dek anid
Level 28
700gp

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Fri Oct 03, 2003 7:25 pm

Nighthand, Tirath, Hijinx, Falcon, Vera, Xero… where are you? What are you doing?
Nighthand heard the voice just as he returned from his trip to the Soul Shrine Altar. almost as soon as he exited the chaos gate, in fact.

Armina? is that you? how can you do this?

hehe. something new, i guess.

well, i'm by the chaos gate, and i just got back from yet another break from reality. was there any reason for the contact?

Kayin
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Kayin » Fri Oct 03, 2003 11:17 pm

Kayin had been sitting on the roof of the grunty farm alone with his thoughts, and a nice view of the root town and the many little happenings within it. He was enjoying the peace he felt by being alone, but having spent so much time recently with people around had brought new feelings, or at least new insight to those feelings. The words to his final conclusion came clear and with out thought as he instinctively spoke them aloud.

"I don't have to be alone... I hate feeling lonely."

The words travelled only a short distance. Several players had heard him though and gave him weird looks as they saw him hop down from the roof. Out of the corner of his eye he saw Rayo making for the hideout, he had no place else to go, but as he went toward the entrance, he realized he still had many of the players attentions.

He shouted the first thing that came to his mind... "Can't a guy have any peace about thinking whether he wants to continue a quest alone or find people to join? God now I know why I spend my time so isolated!"

This out burst drew even stranger looks from the people around him, but achieved his goal, he had crepped out the players, and they briskly turned and walked away from him.

Kayin walked around the root town pretending to be an ordinary player to turn away any residual attention he may have still had on him before going back towards the farm and into the hideout. Once inside he greeted those of the party that were inside with a smile and a nod before returning to the bed he had occupied before and stretched out on it.

He layed there for a while without a sound before he blankly asked "So anyone have any information about where we are heading to next?" The quest wasn't address to anyone directly, just whoever could and would answer it.
Level :24
Equip: Absorbtion, Raccoon Earcap, Wyrm Scale, Miner's Gloves, Mountain Boots
Skills: Groundbreaker, Dek Corv, Life Drain, La Repth, Rue Kruz, Gan Don, Ap Corv

"Give me one.... Wait! Screw one, Give me twenty good reasons!"

Tirath
Exalted Player

Post by Tirath » Sat Oct 04, 2003 10:21 pm

Since leaving Kurai, he had discovered that Vera wasn't infact following him at all. Sneaking behind one of the buildings, he jumps, pulls himself over the ledge and takes a seat overlooking the entrace to the path that he had followed Kurai down earlier and as he watched thought to himself.....

Figures. I try once to be a leader, and its with Vera and Kurai. I might as well try to fly..... Well there's nothing else for me to do, but I can't go to the Hide yet. I just don't want to see that creepy cat...... I wonder, is it possible to go..... no I definately couldn't reach that field, this is the wrong root town for that....

Damn it, why can't we work together! I need to find Kat and get out of this game. If it wasn't for me she wouldn't even be here, held by those damned hackers! And these stupid Admin.... Isn't there job to keep this place safe for us? So why are we trapped in a game! Next time one of them shows up, i'll be sure to get the anwsers I want from them.

I guess we'll all have to trust that cat.... If he was made by Nall, i'm sure he knows just as much about the hackers. Maybe he could tell me how to find Kat.... Thats all I want, I don't care about a game, or a field. I want to get out of this place and take her with me. I think i'll go ask him, then maybe I can get some sleep. Its been so long since I could have a decent nights sleep.....

Nighthand, Tirath, Hijinx, Falcon, Vera, Xero… where are you? What are you doing?
Tirath was waken from his day dream as these words pasted through his head. "Armina? Where are you?" He looked around desperately trying to find her, or infact anyone for that matter. High on the roof tops there wasn't likely to be any players around...... Then far off in the distance he saw Rayo heading toward the hideout and Kayin follow close behind.

Perhaps I didn't just imagine it.......

With that he took off, leaping from the building, and nearly falling flat on his face. He quickly recovered and dodge the questions of the confused players that had seen him seemingly "appear from the sky". Ducking in a allyway he lost the few persistent followers and finally made his way to the hide out.

"Hey Kayin, , Armina.......... Did you call us together somehow?" He barely waits for a anwser as he scans the room for the cat/dragon.... "Hey, where's Naryu? I wanted to appologize to him......and to ask him a question....... Well, whenever he get back i'll be sure to do both. I haven't slept for too long, i'm going to be just outside. If there is any problem, give me a call if you need any help ok?"

For the remaineder of the day, any normal player who happened to visit the grunty farm, was surpised and confused to find A Strange Blademaster alseep next to a baby grunty, mumbling about a Kat.......
Equipment: Oval Sword/ Frost Armour/ Cougar Bandana / Frost Bracer / Leg mail
Items: Mages soul, spirte orcarina, anitidote, 3 emperor soul, 10 heath potion, 5 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 5 Gale Breath, 2 Resurrect, 2 Speed Charm, 2 Knights Bane
Money: 5403gp
Skills: La Repth, Rue Slash, Rue Rom
Unequiped: Unicorn Blade(Ani Slash)Executioner(Crackbeat)

Armina
Exalted Player

Post by Armina » Sat Oct 04, 2003 10:52 pm

Armina blinks at Rayo. "Um... did I call? Whoops." She gives him a sheepish grin. "I was, ah, just taking count... you know seeng who was gone, wondering where you guys were..." The LongArm is now blushing furriously at her slip up. How did dthis happen? How can I control it? Russet tresses cover her eyes as she hangs her head shamefully. "I'm sorry Rayo... I guess I just don't get this telepathy thing yet. I think I know now how I got it, but I'm still running blind on what I can do..."
Nighthand wrote:Nighthand heard the voice just as he returned from his trip to the Soul Shrine Altar. almost as soon as he exited the chaos gate, in fact.

Armina? is that you? how can you do this?

hehe. something new, i guess.

well, i'm by the chaos gate, and i just got back from yet another break from reality. was there any reason for the contact?
Armina was in the middle of her explanation to Rayo when Nighthand's response invaded her mind. Waiting until she finished talking to Rayo -just because she wasn't certain she could do too things at once- She scrinched up her eyebrows, eyes closed, & "called" to Nighthand. Nighthand? Yeah it was me... *sigh* I think it's a new hack, but I'd rather explain to everyone at once. No real reason for the contact, I guess... other than internal wondering that got "sent"... still getting used to the ability...

(ooc: sorry 'bout the shortness... gotta paint this weekend! *cheers*)
Level 33
Skills: JukRepulse (WoodL2), RaiWipe (ThunderL2), RueKruz(1:S:Water), DekGanz (dec. Earth), RaiRom (1:Thunder), Repth, RipTeyn

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Sun Oct 05, 2003 12:11 am

Nighthand nodded to himself and slowly made his way across the root town.

this was his first time to really look out around the root town. the elegant stone mountains in the distance caught his eyes, and he looked over the terrain...

but all too soon the end of the bridge was reached and his view was cut off.

he was now back into the hide out. then he remembered the question of the cat-thing. he still had to think about that...

but now he had rejoined armina, and was now awaiting her explanation.

(Very short post, but i'm not thinking much at the moment. damn lan part disrupting it all...)

Vera
Exalted Player

Post by Vera » Sun Oct 05, 2003 12:44 am

"Kurai!" Vera yelled as she stumbled around in the mist, it wasn't that it was dark, it was more the fact she was starting to get afraid. "Kurai, umm can you please come out." she mumbled as she bit her lip and walked around more.

"Just my luck, this is like so many horror movies. Soon a monster admin or hacker is going to pop up and kill something or me. Or I'm going to find Kurai's severed head and then I'll run back to everyone else and find out they're all dead to." she said still looking around as she held her wand, as her tail slipped out from within the confinements of her dress. A small series of rings had been her unwanted addition for the day, they floated lightly around the top of her tail as she moved, seeming not even move, just be held there by some force.

"I wonder how I'll explain this to them." she said to herself as she sighed and looked down

ooc: Short post like normal, hurt my leg, lost my net till Friday, so I wont have a lot of time to check every day, just able to get on at school and when I baby sit
Weapon: Shadow Guns
Armor: GunnerHeadband|Gunner Cloak|Dark Gunner Gloves|Shadow Anklet
Skills:Rapid Shot|Ani Eater|Ap Torv|La Repth|Ani Kruz
Money:8608
Items:Many
Power: Night Vision and Blindness Immune
Wishlist: More Ultra Light Gunner Equipment

Golden Orb is Currently: faint blue glow

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:33 pm

Gingitsune heard Armina's call faintly in her mind, jumbled with her thoughts of the past, and dismissed it.
Pferos had saved her, she continued, he had basically taken her under his wing, and had taught her everything that she had wanted to know about the World. He had been a leader of the hackers, a powerful player with an iron will, and also a gentle side- which he showed to Gingitsune. There were, however, those wo were against him, and his leadership. One of these people was Brown.
Brown was a Blademaster, heavily altered, huge, and digitally tattooed with an enormous spider on his back. He went shirtless, and his disgustingly large muscles rippled and flexed the arachnid form with every movement. Pferos had taught her to hack, and Gingitsune's days were spent as a beginning hacker, discarding her bulky Wavemaster's robes for a custom made tube dress, and a fox tail. Pferos had been a true individualist, he believed that every person, whether real or just a character, should have a defining feature to show their individuality. He believed that Gingitsune was defined by her vulpinity, that fox-like essence that clung to her, and it was reflected by the beautiful bushy silver-white fox tail that sprouted from her back. Gingitsune had been happy, she had gained power quickly, and had caught on to hacking very easily, soon becoming atleast intermediate with her skills- however those against Pferos were also against her, Pferos's best friend.
Brown's revolt was quick and brutal, he destroyed Pferos's character down to the last variable and almost destroyed her as well, had she not had the sense to jam her identity and become untraceable. She had tried to convince Pferos to do the same, to hide out with her until things had cooled down, but he had his stubborn, obstinate pride guiding him into tragic heroism. Pferos had fought Brown head on, and had lost, whether through an underhanded trick, or pure skill on Brown's side. She had watched the battle from a distance, a distance so great that even her vulpine keen eyes were not able to pick up every aspect of the battle. Simply being there was a threat to her existence, and as much as she wanted to run out and help Pferos, she was completely outmatched and outnumbered, and Pferos had made her swear...
With the last stroke, Pferos stood, looking Brown full on in the eyes as his very body disintegrated, scattering digital fragments in a million directions at once, and his beautiful, original sword turned to dust before her very eyes.
She would have given anything to have seen the battle, to have helped Pferos, to have seen what kind of trickery Brown had employed.
And yet she hadn't.
She hadn't been strong then, and the force of Pferos's pleading had been her undoing, she had stayed back, and it haunted her now.
She knew she couldn't have done anything, and yet she wished she would have tried...
Gingitsune came out of her reverie slowly, blinking away the memories.
She had spent the time afterwards planning a typical revenge against the hackers, waiting for her chance for retribution...
Yet Brown didn't seem to be with the hackers anymore, otherwise she would have seen him, had he been killed in another brutal hacker coup?
She finally stood up, brushing away the questions as she brushed the loose dust from her dress.
The depth of the alley had darkened with the coming evening, and she shivered despite herself as she walked toward the exit into the heart of Dun Loireag.
Suddenly, halfway through the alley something barred her way.
It was a Heavy Blade sword, beautiful and shining in the waning daylight, and of a pattern she knew only too well.
No person wielded it, and it was stuck into the back-shop wall of the alley horizontally.
At the very end of the enormous sword, at the tip of the sharp blade was pinned the body of an enormous spider, streaking the wall below in a dark, sticky blood.
Gingitsune's eyes widened, and she put her hand to her mouth as the two symbols of her past came together in a bloody glory. The soft twilight reflected on the sword blade, and stained the dark blood vermillion.
What did this mean?

Armina
Exalted Player

Divulging what is known about the telepathy

Post by Armina » Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:30 am

(ooc: instead of writing each response to when a “called” group member asks about what was up with being called they get a personalized version of what was said to Nighthand & Ramza. *grins* It’ll save me some typing & you some extra unnecessary reading. Oh yeah… if Gingi or Asgard ask, especially by thought, ‘Mina will hint about the glowing orb & they will see it –through her mind’s eye- as the size of a large bouncy-ball within her hand.

Once most or all of the group is in the hideout this transpires. *grins* I wanted to type it all out now & post it while I had time. If it has to it can be almost anywhere in the 6 day waiting period that works well for the plot. *sheepish grin* I hope that’s not too complicated, but I probably won’t get a chance to log on tomorrow.)

With nearly everyone back inside the hideout Armina gulps awkwardly. “Um… first off, I’m sorry to have “called” you guys. I know you were probably outside doing your own things and all. I guess I just panicked that it was so quiet in here…”

She was getting a couple of blank looks. “Maybe I should start over. Something weird started happening during our fight with the Admins. You see, I was thinking about the Counted Chicken Fleeing Maneuver Rayo had set up…” Rayo can be seen giving a slight nod, and the LongArm figures that he is remembering that part of the battle to keep pace with her tale. She continues, “…just wanting to let him know that I was ready when he was. Something like that. The next thing I know is he’s talking in my head, telling me to use a skill.”

A few less experienced players’ eyes widen, but the veterans –especially those who can hack- stay focused, unblinking. “It just seemed like whenever I though about wanting to tell Rayo something, or know what our next planned move should be, he’d talk back to me not long afterwards.”

Taking a deep breath she tries to catch Gingi’s eyes. “I think Rayo figured out that it was me first… probably because his mind stays more thoughtful where I tend to get pretty focused on what I’m doing at the moment. He told me to get Argilus involved in a group attack. Not sure what I was doing I just thought his name & conveyed the message. It seemed to work, cuz next thing I knew there was Argilus… just like in the plan. Then, well, the building under Kamui… that seemed to go pretty well…”

Her voice trails off. Armina is reliving being sliced in to again. They really did not have any time to be triumphant about the success of the building’s collapse before Kamui lost her cool on them. A young voice breaks her dark thoughts. “How did you do a hack like that?”

Brilliant blue eyes turn to look at the speaker. “That’s just it, Falcon… I didn’t do it. I can’t hack squat. Heck, I was just glad I installed The World properly when I bought it. I think… I mean, I’m pretty sure that the hack is from Ryan… I mean Desmith.”

She flushes a little at her slipup, trying to quickly cover up her mistake. Not that she cares if they know about Ryan –or even their past relationship- just that Armina figures it will be easier for those who had watched the tournament fight to recall the character name.

“Desmith… wasn’t he that worthless dual sword wielder with Julian that Rayo & you fought at the tourney?”

Armina nods, head bowed. “I don’t know if anyone saw this, but before he disappeared he gave me a package – a brown paper package tied up with string…” There are a few snickers & Armina smiles, her usual cheerfulness showing through. She giggles. “Go ahead, laugh, but in the real world I do a lot of singing. I knew Desmith there, we were in The Sound of Music together in high school. I sang “Favorite Things” all the time, both while we were doing the show & afterwards. It always made me feel better. He must have remembered, & knowing that we were going to fight -maybe even hoping or knowing Rayo & I would win- he set his program to recall those days.”

“So what was in it already?” Hijinx interjects, not being the type to sit around during idle chitchat.

Armina’s eyes sparkle mischievously. “When I opened the package, sometime before the Admins came, inside was a sphere –roughly the size of a softball.” Hijinx sits up, mouthing happily the word “ball.” Quickly Armina continues, not wanting to be pounced upon by the Hyperactive TwinBlade. “It was gold & swirling, & warm to the touch. After the fight, when I went out for a while, it was much smaller. Perhaps the size of an egg or a super-bouncy ball. Now however…”

Whenever her eyes had been cast downward her gaze fell upon her clenched fist. Now she opens her fingers slowly, revealing to those watching what remains of the golden sphere. Tears blink in Armina’s blue eyes. Gingitsune & Asgard might notice the difference from the one they were shown in their thoughts. The orb is now roughly the size of a marble.

“I think… I think the hack that this orb symbolizes has been entering me ever since I opened the package…” Looking hopefully at those she knows have hacked themselves she asks for confirmation of her theory. “I always wanted to have telepathic powers in the real world… but now that I seem to have a hacked variety I don’t know how to use it or even how to control it!”
Level 33

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:14 am

OOC: If anyone is curious about the new look, i could really use the picture from divergence with the rabbit player. With black fur and a diamond shaped gem though.

Staring at the marble of gold, an instinct deep in the the back of hijinx's mind began clawing at her curiousity. Blinking several times and shaking her head, she chases the fleeting notion of grabbing the orb. Maybe if I just look for a minute..... no no no. Keeping to these thoughts might make a few unnecessary problems for me. Despite her attempts at resisting the inevitable pull of reflex, she quickly reaches out and snags the glowing golden orb from her hand. Disregarding Armina's protest hijinx cocks her head at the thing and ticks in irritation. "Fairly useless to me. You keep it, it gives me an odd feeling, like it's all full of magic." Holding her hand towards armina, she drops it back into her palm.

Thinking what good such a tiny thing could possibly be, hijinx wanders away from the party and takes off her helmet. Reaching up and scratching her head, she quickly discovers two new surprizes poking straight up into the air. Feeling the length of the things and pulling them down to eye level, she smiles at her good fortune. After all it wasn't everyday someone got such an interesting change. Peering at her hands now, another interesting thing happens. She sprouts fur. Black fur, with the hands slightly shortening and growing claws, becoming more paw like then human. A diamond a bright purple in hue pops into the middle her forhead, about 2 inches over her eyes. Adding to the already bizarre look, her legs reverse joint direction and her feet and legs grow some black fur as well. The hair on the front part of her body changes white and covers part of her newly formed features, toping of the evolution. Completing the change entirely now, hijinx had become something of a rabbit human breed. Ticking to herself again, she tocks once or twice for good measure. "Not bad, not bad at all. Hey guys, is this a problem?" Cocking her head and staring at the party, she wonders at how far their jaws drop and wonders if that was a hack in itself.
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."