Enter the World through the Theta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Sat Nov 08, 2003 12:16 am

Gingitsune breathed deeply, and sat down against a tree in her exhaustion. She had won her battle, she had claimed her prize, and what now? Gingi rubbed her forehead softly with the back of her hand, and her violet eyes scanned the group. No one looked happy, somehow. Everyone had some kind of conflict with someone else, themself, or the whole idea of their existence in the World.
Within herself, Gingitsune didn't have a problem with anything. She had no conflicts within the group, Nayru did not bother her, and she felt like being occupied with something, anything, was good for preserving her sanity.
"Am I just dull?" she asked herself, "Do I just go with the flow, do whatever I'm told, and make no complaints?"
She felt very mercenary somehow, but it was her life on the line, she was doing what she thought was best. Even if their quest was forever, what else could they do? Would they spend the rest of their lives just wandering about, waiting for something to happen to save them? Gingitsune preferred action, she preferred to do something about her present situation, even if that something meant tediousness, danger, or risk.
Gingitsune stood up wearily, and walked over to where Rayo was, leaning against a slender tree next to him, and twirling her wand handle in her hands.
"Rayo..." she began, cautiously, "what's wrong?"
There was something grim in his face that puzzled, and slightly worried Gingitsune, what was going on?

(ooc: sorry, I haven't really finished the rewards yet, I know I promised I would, but I got sick and have not been having a lovely week. I have some time tomorrow, and I'll work on it tonight :))

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Sat Nov 08, 2003 1:39 am

He glanced sideways quickly with his eyes at Gingitsune before they once again fell on the torn up dirt of the battlefield. He felt like something was missing. His eyes usually had a certain glimmer of retaliation and endurance. A calm expression that revealed little but reflected on much on the inside. Now however, his eyes were lifeless, and that seemed to be showing to the outside world as well. Why else would Gingitsune have come over with an expression of her own that mirrored his worry? She didn’t seem too concerned a few moments ago. He couldn’t quite explain his own mood though. He knew it wasn’t the poison from before, he had conquered that already. He was inflicted and he suffered. Finally he had dealt with it and moved on. It wasn’t that. Nor was it simply his disgust with Nayru. A pest could only be so exasperating. It wasn’t any delayed grief over Nall’s demise either, he had been fairly indifferent over that, and a single player was gone. It was one he knew little of and cared even less.

“…”

He knew what he was feeling, didn’t he? How could he not? Could he simply tell another so quickly though? He had no right to burden another with his troubles. Whatever they were, he would handle them, and he would handle them alone. His problem, his concern, his solution. Let Rayo handle Rayo problems.

“I’m fine.”

He never lifted his eyes after his initial look. He felt the weight of the gift upon him. It was only a matter of time. Perhaps the power of lightning was too cruel upon him. He hadn’t done anything too extensive in this fight, nothing different than usual. What was it then…? He was suddenly felt his epiphany hit him. His situation caught up with him. His situation in the real world, being comatose, had something to do with this. He dismissed the idea almost as quickly as he thought of it. That couldn’t be it. He moved away from the tree for the moment and set down his bag. He had found some bandages in the old lady’s cottage before. He thought they might prove useful so he had tossed them in his wand bag. The note by them had only become useful after a spark flew off his arm. Words appeared,

“Dragon’s might be great,
that is truly its fate.
Dragon’s bane is abuse,
too much constant use.

Mighty fall,
relying shall make one like Nall.
Once repaired,
fear nothing and do not be scared.

Once endured,
longevity ensured.
To truly last,
these bandages shall heal those wounds fast.”

Rayo wrapped them around his arm quietly and continued until he finished. Even though his right hand was the source of his lightning powers, his whole arm should be involved in the spell. Especially considering his original power of lightning had been so. He actually trusted those bandages because…even though he didn’t know whom, he felt like a friend had left them there. His pain ceased immediately but he also felt a tight restriction. His powers fortunately were not sealed away but his arm was. These bandages were tight. He waited a moment and tried to move his arm again with more success. Within a few moments it was responding normally. Hopefully this would help him cure his weariness of his arm. Noticing Gingitsune’s surprise at the bandages, he didn’t try and explain.

“I’m fine.”
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP
Bell, the Silver Grunty of Thunder
Skills/Spells-Shocking Arrow of Voltage(30), Arrow of the Burning Stars(10), MeRai Rom(40), Rai Kruz(10), La Repth(20), Rip Maen(40), MeRai Kruz(20), GiVak Kruz(20), MeRai Don(20), Rig Saem(15)
Weapon/Armor/Book-Golden Royal Bow/Thunder Torque, Thunder Cloak, Able Ring, Ivory Greaves/Thunder Magic
Wishlist: YL Fukuoka, Stormlore, Winter Stone, Silver Grunty

Vera
Exalted Player

Post by Vera » Sat Nov 08, 2003 4:34 am

Vera followed slowly behind the rest as the woman talked to her inside her mind. "Defeat Rayo, my beautiful pet." she said too Vera as she nodded and smiled. Her eyes became white from their normal pink. Slowly she came up behind Rayo as she gripped her wand tightly. "Rayo, I have something for you." she said coming up next to him as she reached out her clawed hand and gripped his left. "Could you die, please?" she said driving the claws in as blood seemed too pour from the wound.

"Vera!" He yelled jerking his hand away

Quickly responding, Vera ran her claws along her wand as she smiled. "BiVak Fury." she said slowly as her wand attached to the ring around her tail. Quickly she slashed her flaming claws across his face, then quickly slashing at his chest. "Whats the matter?" she said as her tail came around and aimed the wand at Rayo. In a burst of light it released BiVak Roms towards him. As the flaming spell englufed Rayo her claws came too slash his stomach. Yet again she began an assualt that would seem odd for even a twin blader. She began too pummel and kick at his body as she came around and smashed his right hand with her wand.

"Now you die." she said with her eyes burning with fire. She was preparing for another fury against Rayo. "BiVak Fury" she said smiling

ooc: Rayo approved his beating
Weapon: Shadow Guns
Armor: GunnerHeadband|Gunner Cloak|Dark Gunner Gloves|Shadow Anklet
Skills:Rapid Shot|Ani Eater|Ap Torv|La Repth|Ani Kruz
Money:8608
Items:Many
Power: Night Vision and Blindness Immune
Wishlist: More Ultra Light Gunner Equipment

Golden Orb is Currently: faint blue glow

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Sat Nov 08, 2003 5:00 am

Vera had decided to turn on him. He had been clawed, slashed, jabbed, burned and many other things. He was surprised he had not been bitten already. His slower movement to react came from two reasons. The first was that being burned alive reminded him of his second fight with Julian. It had been tough but for the only time in his history, he found setting himself on fire helped him win the fight. The second reason was his lack of reason. What would he gain by fighting Vera? It wouldn’t help him except to live longer. Living was meaningless if you were a coward and did nothing. He found the opposite true. Using force to resolve all situations was equally worthless. Its not that he couldn’t fight back, he wouldn’t. He could run or dodge but he didn’t feel like it.

“Hmm…are you enjoying yourself yet Vera?”

He didn’t really mind. What were a few scratches and marks? A scar or a bruise. Some said that was proof you were alive. What did that matter to a comatose person mind’s virtual body? He just didn’t care.

“I don’t really feel like attacking you back right now Vera. If you don’t mind though, go away. I don’t care why you feel the need to slash at me. If you just wanted to see me suffer…”

He didn’t bother to wipe the blood away or heal. He simply concentrated and a spark flew off of him, scraping his right cheek. It drew a thin line of blood.

“If you’ll excuse me…”

He turned and walked off to the side to be alone and sat down. He hadn’t bothered to heal at all and simply remained as he was.
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP
Skills/Spells-Shocking Arrow of Voltage(30), Arrow of the Burning Stars(10), MeRai Rom(40), Rai Kruz(10), La Repth(20), Rip Maen(40), MeRai Kruz(20), GiVak Kruz(20), MeRai Don(20), Rig Saem(15)
Weapon/Armor/Book-Golden Royal Bow/Thunder Torque, Thunder Cloak, Able Ring, Ivory Greaves/Thunder Magic

Vera
Exalted Player

Post by Vera » Sat Nov 08, 2003 5:12 am

Vera blinked several times at Rayo's response too her attack. "Wimp!" she yelled as she ran back towards him as she kicked too the side of his face.

"Why wont you fight back!" she yelled to his face, her voice was full of something sad and evil. A small tear streamed from her eye as she punched him yet again. "Why wont you fight back, why?!" she said grabbing his throat as she stared deep into his eyes

She sensed no fear, no terror, nothing but calm feelings from him. "Why are you so fine. All I feel from you is calm, don't you fear for your life?" she asked putting her the other clawed hand around his throat as she stared deeper and bit onto his neck.

"Show me fear, show me terror in your heart." she said tightening as she began too choke him

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Sat Nov 08, 2003 5:26 am

He looked at her with some pity showing in his eyes. She was violent. She was angry. She was confused.

“I don’t care what you think of me.”

He quietly referred to the wimp comment. She thought him chicken for not attacking. Its true, he wasn’t planning on fighting back. She was choking him but he didn’t see the point in resisting. He knew he could. Even injured, he had the power to beat her back and defeat her. Even if he had been too weak, he could have called on others to come and…take his fight. This wasn’t a fight to be handed off though.

“I cannot show you fear except through another. I will not strike an ally though. Not one that I perceive as unchanged in natural mind. Something in you has changed, but it is not natural and not your fault.”

He wasn’t following some stupid honor code that prevented him from attacking girls, or animals, or even teammates. He judged the situation and didn’t deem it her fault. He remembered when he had first quested with her. She had been quiet then. She had changed very much but how much was due to this sinister game? Calmly, he indicated to the rest around them with a quick glance and then dismissed them from his mind. That one warning of his eyes told them to stay out of it. Rayo would handle his own problems in whatever way he decided was best. She had targeted him and him alone. Apparently she wanted to take it out on him.
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP

Vera
Exalted Player

Post by Vera » Sat Nov 08, 2003 5:44 am

Vera stared at Rayo, he was giving her pity. Pity, she hated it, it burned into her like one thousand fires. "You think your better then me, stop it! Stop showing pity." she said crying as she tightened her grip more and smashed her head into his.

"Kill him, you know you want too." the woman said too her slowly from inside her mind as Vera continued.

~Rayo is your friend, why hurt him. Sis stop it, this is wrong. Remember he saved you from Juas, the first time.~ a voice said inside her head as Vera's eyes teared more.

"Rayo, I'm sorry." she said removing her hands and she drove one clawed finger into his chest and closed her eyes removing it. It hadn't gone in far, but still enough too hurt. As she liked the blood from her claws she broke down into tears.

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Sat Nov 08, 2003 5:59 am

She had stopped. He was hurt. Not mortally so though. He had withstood it all fairly well all things considered. He was covered in blood. He had more clothes stained in blood than he thought he had. He pulled out Vera’s claw. He didn’t need that inside of him right then. She seemed to be finding conflicting emotions inside of her. She was being slowed down considerably. It was rather obvious that as a wavemistress, even with the claws, her physical assaults were about the same as his physical defense. A simple repth could recover much that was lost. He didn’t feel it was time yet though. Not while Vera still had an intention to commit violent acts. She was saying she was sorry though, that was…interesting. He hung down his head slightly, almost disappointed. She had grown bitter. Which emotion would win out?

“…”
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Sat Nov 08, 2003 5:18 pm

Gingitsune watched the battle between the two team members with consternation. A dark frown forming on her face, and her fists clenching and unclenching around her wand.
She wouldn't step in, of course, this was something that had to be resolved between them, but this act of traitorous treachery stung her with incredible force. She was a person that believed in comradery, and two people that had been, up until now, friends, fighting amongst each other was nothing short of a capital crime.
Honour was the word that first came to mind, had Vera lost all of her honour and dignity? Clawing and fighting and choking like some wildcat with nothing but bestial fury on its mind.
A sad, grim expression was set in Gingitsune's eyes as she watched every blow, and every wound that Rayo experienced.
If either one of them badly injured the other, she'd get involved, she said to herself.
Suddenly Cybele began glowing with an intense light, that broke through her fingers in sharp beams. The wand was responding to something... and acting on its own.
The wand began shaking violently, and Gingi had to grip it with both hands.
A little voice suddenly said to her, "the wand acts based on your emotions, you feel anger toward Vera right now, and so it responds to it..."
Before Gingitsune could act, the wand had shot forward an intense beam of light that enveloped the war-like Vera and levitated her into the air.
Gingitsune sa Vera struggling against it, and a few seconds later the struggle ceased, and Vera was brought back to Earth, and her inanimate form was left on the ground.
She will be okay. A voice in her head affirmed this.
The light had calmed her emotions, and used sleep as a remedy.
Gingitsune exhaled. With this wand she'd have to learn to control her emotions as well...

------------------------------

REWARDS:

Everyone: 1,000 GP

Ruri: 1 level, Raccoon Earcap
Vera: 4 levels, Iron Anklet
Hijinx: 3 levels, Snow Panther
Nighthand: 3 levels, Spirit Armour
Rayo: 4 levels, Thunder Torque
Ramza: 2 levels, Air Bracer
Tirath: 2 levels, Aqua Guard
Gingi: 3 levels

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Sun Nov 09, 2003 5:59 am

Gingitsune had separated them. It was a nonviolent way at least. He gave Vera one last look, absorbing her into his memory. That’s all she would be soon. He gazed around.

Nighthand.

Hijinx.

Ramza.

Gingitsune.

So many were here yet so many were not. He had joined this group in hopes of helping his effort to be revived. He wasn’t sure if joining them really had helped that cause. It made him a target for more hackers and even the administrators. The wavemaster wasn’t complaining though. He took a glance about. Others were not here who should be.

Kurai…and Armina…Argilus.

He would miss them a bit. They had begun to grow on him, more than he would have expected. They had been valuable comrades but it simply was time to part. He couldn’t help them in the path they had all chosen. Each of them had a decision to make and he had made his long ago. Rayo only needed to act upon it. The time to act was now. Rayo had been putting it off, hoping to see some change to indicate this was what he should be doing. No signs had appeared. Nothing had made this easier. That was so typical; the hard way was often the only road he felt comfortable taking here. He silently performed a repth on himself that cured him of his wounds almost all at once. Walking swiftly yet slowly, in a calculated manner, he arrived near Gingitsune.

“I’ll be going now. I might return but not soon.”

With that short farewell to the person currently in charge, he gated out of the area. The golden rings that surrounded his body vanished as he appeared in the Theta Server’s root town. He quickly made his way to the shops in Theta, he stocked up on a few valuables before heading to the chaos gate. He prepared to depart to Mac Anu but halted himself. He issued a thought completely directed at Armina.

“I’ll be leaving now. If anyone cares, I will be fine. No one needs to hunt after me or anything. I’m simply choosing a different option. Goodbye partner.”

With all his affairs in order, he saluted the group silently. He headed off to Mac Anu as the rings encircled him.
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP

Vera
Exalted Player

Post by Vera » Sun Nov 09, 2003 6:30 am

Vera lay soundly on the ground as she kept her breathing shallow. In her mind only things that hurt her more were going on. "I'm a failure." she said too herself within her own dream world. As she looked up, she was surrounded by nothing by sadness, everyone hated her. One by one they walked by her; staring in disgust as they left. She sat there as they all showed her no forgiveness, but she saw Rayo leaving. He was the one person who had helped her through so many troubles and she had repaid him by attempted murder.

She began too sob lightly as she felt something constrict around her neck. Quickly turning she saw a cord being held by the teacher and Juas. They stared down with an evil smile. What happened was what they wanted. Vera was hated; soon no one would trust her and then she'd be all theirs.

Turning back yet again she looked too Gingitsune and the others as they walked forward. "You can have her." Gingitsune said as everyone else nodded in agreement.

With a slight smile the teacher nodded and grabbed Vera by the shoulder. "My name is Senko and I thank you hummbly." she said too everyone as she turned too Juas and smiled. "Friendship only went so far." she said as they laughed.

"I'm sorry everyone. I wasn't myself." Vera said as she appeared wearing another school uniform as she was pulled in between the two. She began too break out into a full cry as they disappeared.

Back outside Vera's dream, her sleeping body stired softly as she mumbled something. "Forgive me, Rayo." she said sleeping still as tear leaked softly.

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:45 pm

Dangling by a foot from a tree branch hijinx stared blankly at the sleeping vera and cocked her head in amusement. Pulling herself straight up, she does an acrobatic flip and rolls on impact with the ground. Bouncing up to the sleeping wave-mistress, she gets a ponderous expression about her and leans down. Holding open one of her eye lids, she smiles. Letting her eye close, hijinx knocks on her head several times and picks her up, slinging her across her back. "Wakey wakey. Time to get up sleepy head. The sun is still up, and you're heavy." After receiving no indication of vera's being awake, she sighs in exasperation and turns to face gingitsune. "I guess I'll carry vera back to the hide-out. How long will she be out though? She keeps squirming and I think she's drooling on my back......" :shock: Hijinx eyes turn into narrow slits and she shivers in digust as a cold drop of liquid lands on her spine.
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Tue Nov 11, 2003 3:44 pm

Gingitsune looked down at her feet as Rayo passed by her, and away from the group. She could feel a warm tear beginning it's descent down her cheek, and she stood perfectly still, allowing the small vestibules of water to cascade onto the ground. The whole group was breaking apart, everything was. Gingitsune had also seen Rayo as a solid player, someone who would always be there, and now that that rock of stability was gone she felt a wave of inadequacy sweep over her.
How was she qualified to lead this group? What did she know about anything? She wasn't even a good player. She had led the group into one large bizarre trap and had been hard put ot find a way out of it.
She was so used to being second in command. What a safe position that was... Second in command didn't really mean anything, it just meant that you could think of yourself as powerful without ever really having to do anything.
In all truth Gingitsune was just confused. Perfectly confused. What would they do now? Would they just keep going like this, day to day, just battling, winning, but really getting nowhere. It was stupid and pointless...
Cybele glowed with a dark light.
Everything was just so damn pointless.
But what else was there to do?
Where else could they go?
They were stuck in this game, they could either crawl into some corner and wait for it all to be over, or try and do something about it, as futile as that seemed. The tears were coming more and more steadily now, and there was a feeling of asphyxiation in Gingitsune's body as short, violent sobs tore from her. Well, what if I died? Gingitsune asked herself, what if I died right now, what would that prove? Nothing.
In the Real World, people would see her as just another victim, someone who died innocently in her hospital room, who would know that she had died in some kind of damn epic battle?
The only thing there was to do was to live.
Suddenly she shook her head free of everything and walked over to where Vera was. A tear dropped on Vera's sleeping form, and Gingitsune wiped the rest of them from her eyes.
It wasn't a time to blame anyone, shun anyone. They all had to work together, no matter what. It may have been one of Gingitsune's faults that she was too trusting, but she liked it that way, it was better than living life with suspicion and paranoia.
"It's okay Vera..." she said softly, "It's okay."

(ooc: as soon as we get the new group from Subs we'll be starting out anew :))

ramza
Exalted Player

Post by ramza » Thu Nov 13, 2003 3:14 pm

OOC:sorry i havent posted at all, i had no time
Rod of Darkness(Custom)
Night Cloak(Custom)
Dark Vest(Custom)
Red Beret(Custom)
OrmeAni Kruz, ani rom, meani zot, ani kruz
ola repth, rip maen
Ap anid
Dek anid