Enter the World through the Theta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Dun Loireag --- > The New Warriors Emerge

Post by Gingitsune » Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:15 pm

The fight was over, and there was nothing left to be done but to return. To return to the root town and decide where they'd go from there. They had lost Rayo, and the whole group seemed to be slowly unravelling, like an old jacket, ripping apart at the seams.

Many of the players they had come so far with had simply disappeared, gone to take care of their own things, Gingitsune supposed, and that was fine... but would they ever come back? This issue was too big to be fought by a loose group, coming together randomly, they had to be unified if they wanted to get anywhere.

Gingitsune sighed, it was time to return. She nodded to the others and they all gated out, Gingitsune gripping the only good thing that had come out of this field, Cybele, her wand. She came out of thinking that it had all been a waste, and had just worked to further tear apart the bonds of the group.

Dun Loireag was a both a welcome, and hate sight for Gingitsune as the bright clouds and blue sky appeared overhead, and her stiletto-heeled boots finally touched the solid surface of the walkway.
There were few people in the root town, and Gingitsune was glad. Their task now was basically to recruit more people to their cause... what else could they do? Gingitsune's vulpine, violet eyes scanned the walkways for some likely looking people...

"Well," she said, dispelling the melancholy gloom from her voice, "let's start over again! Let's find new people..."
She nodded to her team members and started off on her own, carrying her conspicuous wand close to her.

(ooc: new players, you can introduce yourselves now! :D welcome!)

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:26 pm

Nighthand returned to the rest of the group just as they gated out. he didn't say a word about where he had been, or what he had been doing. he didn't even acknowledge anything that had happened before he had left.

Once again in the root town, Nighthand set out on a search for new people to work with them. he scanned each player who seemed likely, but as of yet none fit his idea. he saw a couple possibilities, but he decided he would wait for one of them to approach him before he mentioned anything.

(OOC: Well, i have a bit of a surprise in store for later, but for now, everything is normal. also, if any of the new people want, use me as the path to be introduced.)

Asura
Elevated Player

Enter Asura

Post by Asura » Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:22 am

Asura had just left his friend Kiwi to fend for himself within a lower level dungeon, amazed at himself for passing up a chance to receive more rare items. Instead, he had walked away, leaving the higher level Heavy Blade to fight whatever foes might await him in the dungeon, knowing that it could be a very risky plan. Either way, the Blademaster's natural intuition sensed something interesting coming, whether it be natural or unnatural. Everything in his body told him that, sending a shiver down his spine. His hand gripped the Patriot as he had left the root town of Mac Anu for a different root town, knowing that the levels would be stronger, though any pursuers might be thrown off track.

---

Now he was in Dun Loireag, quite different surroundings then the ever-lovely Mac Anu. Quite frankly, he had preferred Mac Anu and its highways of water, its light breeze, the gentle light. Dun Loireag was quite harsher, a series of islands suspended in air by a magic he certainly did. It was a city almost floating in the sky, something the Blademaster had not expected. The mist that floated around the city seemed to add to the mysticalness of the world, not allowing one to see what might lie below.

Swiftly, Asura moved towards one of the nearby buildings, eager to relax before taking a better look. His green cloak is wrapped tightly around his body, hiding most of his features. A close observer might notice the strands of long brown hair that show sometimes even in the shadows the hood creates, though his facial features can only be vaguely made out, not enough information for anyone to go by. His body is completely shrouded in mystery, only his brown boots being visible at the hem of his cloak.

Upon reaching the building, the Blademaster relaxes a bit, lying against it. His breathing calms a bit as he gets used to his surroundings; a natural fear of heights had knocked his heart rate up a bit. He would much rather be near the water of Mac Anu then up in the sky; however something told him he should be here.

Either way, many problems had plagued him, as well as the other members of the group known as the Avantgarden der Dammerung before this sudden urge to go to Dun Loireag had hit him. Most of his guild had found that after dealing with the hacker they had called The Wavemaster, they were unable to logout. This whole problem was quite intruging to Asura, wondering how one could become trapped in a game. It was a serious problem that constantly dominated his thoughts; he had come to Dun Loireag after hearing rumors of players who were under similar conditions. It was most likely an inaccurate rumor, but it would be worth checking out.

(OOC: Gingi, I hope ya don't mind me doing a few things in this post... the key thing was that I gave the Avantgarden a reason for not being able to log out. It wouldn't be fully explained unless we could do Part 3 for plot reasons on the Subplots... but it gives us a logical reason for seeking ya main people out.

I will edit my post if its too troublesome... but I hope its okay.)

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Fri Nov 14, 2003 2:39 am

( ooc: Asura! Your post is just fine, don't worry about it ^_^ hehe thanks for coming to Main Plots! As a note to everyone, I will be away this weekend (not by choice either -_-) so I most likely won't be posting, but please just go on without me, we'll just be in Dun Loireag, thanks :D

And, erm, don't mind the exclamation marks. >_<)

strato
Elevated Player

Enter Lakely

Post by strato » Fri Nov 14, 2003 5:11 am

Lakely was roaming the streets of the root town Mac Anu pondering all the things that had happened. The dreaded player known by few as "The Wavemaster", what was to happen next, how he feared every time he played the game that he would not be able to log out. Endless thoughts drifted through every part of his mind and he could not shake them free.

As he walks across the bridge Lakely looks all around at the artificial sky, buildings, river, boats. He knew it was all a game but it was the realest thing he had at the moment. He couldn't trust his thoughts because that only brought unwanted emotions. Mac Anu was the calmest place he knew of, the sound of the water slowly passing by and all the people chattering about their adventures, and seeing all this as it happened brought him a sense of serenity.

After stopping by the recorder to save his progress in this session of playing the game he turned around and walked towards the steps that ascended to the Chaos Gate. At the top step Lakely sat himself and once again began to think of all the weird things and where his friends were at the moment. He picks himself up from the step and begins to slowly trudge towards the Chaos Gate. Only a few steps away he sees his friend Asura run up the stairs and right past him. He bursts out yelling as he reachs the Chaos Gate before he is carried away by three golden rings, "To Theta Server, Root Town: Dun Loireag."

Lakely was wondering why Asura was heading there but he quickly decided to follow him. He repeated what Asura said and was warped to Dun Loireag.

As he opens his eyes to his introduction to Dun Loireag he sees that it is nothing but a few islands suspended in the air somehow. The separate islands hold certain shops and such. Slowly walking around examining the large green objects floating like balloons in the sky he comes to the edge of the island and his foot slips but he lands on his back and doesn't fall down below the islands. In the air around the bottom of the islands is a dreary fog. After examining the excellent look of the root town Lakely decides that it is time to look for Asura. Walking across the little unsturdy looking bridge that connects the Chaos Gate island to the other islands he closely examines the town for his friend.

After pointless searching he crosses islands to the Recorder's shop and sits down with his back touching the side of the building. Now, instead of the serenity that Mac Anu offered he sits thinking the same thoughts that were occupying his mind before as he watches all the players in search for a glimpse of Asura or any other of his friends.

(OOC: I am very grateful for being accepted into Main Plots. When I first started Divergence I didn't think I would ever be here. When I encountered Wren I joined the Vanguards as the Treasurer and he helped me improve my writing skills to the point that I was allowed here. Once again, Thank you very much for accepting me.)
Last edited by strato on Fri Nov 14, 2003 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

THIS SIG NEEDS TO BE UPDATED

Name: Lakely

Lvl 23 Heavy Blade (110 SP)

9,000 GP

Equipment: Life Sword, Face Guard, Wrist Band, Noble Cloak, Safety Shoes

Skills: Gan Smash, Death Bringer, Rue Zot, Juk Rom, Ol Repth, Ap Ruem

Spare Equipment: Light Giver, Absorber, Horse-Killer

Guardian: Vasuki the Naga King (Lv. 9)

Golden Orb is: A bit more intense.

Shugotenshi
Sub-Player

Post by Shugotenshi » Fri Nov 14, 2003 5:32 am

I roamed the streets of Mac Anu aimlessly, looking for something to do. These last few days have shown no excitement at all. Just the usual nothing special. I longed for adventure once more. Perhaps Mac Anu wasn’t where I belong? I love the atmosphere, the soothing breeze, and the flowing water. It truly deserves the title “Aqua Capitol.” But it has become a tranqiul place, and I desire more. Walking past many new players I headed towards the Chaos Gate. Mac Anu has become a haven for newbes. I may be only level six, but I’ve had more than my fare share of adventure. I always try to respect others, even if the are newbes. After all, I was once as well. I opened the menu at the chaos gate and looked though the menus.

“Dun Loireag?” I said to myself. “That must be another server. Perhaps it is time for a change of scenery…”

I accepted the server change and gated out of Mac Anu. Moments passed while the new server loaded. I wondered what it would hold, what mysteries and adventures lie ahead. I just hoped that it would bring something new to my adventures in “The World.” The Golden rings descended and I was in a whole new land. I looked around at my new surroundings, they were magnificent. A cold mountain breeze met my cheeks as I looked around me. I was standing on an outcropping of land where the Chaos Gate was held, four stone pillars at each end. As I walked forward I saw that this land was made of many mountaintops with wooden boards connecting them. They seemed safe to walk on, so I took my first step into the land of Dun Loireag.

I walked around observing my surroundings. There were shops just like in Mac Anu, but they ere arranged differently. Many people wandered about, perhaps as new to this land as I. As I walked I saw Asura lying against a wall. He seemed to be deep in thought, so I did not stop to ask about this server. We all have those moments where we must think by ourselves, and I didn’t want to bother him. Not that I feared him…just the eleven level difference made me a bit uneasy to disturb him. Walking on the many wooden boards around these mountaintops made me uneasy. I have a fear of hights, but since this is just a game that fear was suppressed. Still, something in the back of my head told me that this was all much more than a game. Perhaps I’m just putting too much thought into it. Each step on the wood made the boards wiggle a little. It was very uncomfortable, my mind and body felt uneasy. I quickened my pace and headed to solid ground. A sigh of relief came from my mouth, it was enough adventure just to wander around the server! I felt uneasy and excited at the same time. I knew that something was here, destiny perhaps. Many of the players wandering around seemed to be well-seasoned fighters. It made me feel out of place, but I knew that I would soon ascend to their level.

Up to now I have sought the aid of others to learn. Perhaps it was time for me to go solo. But without any knowledge of this land, or the creatures that lie ahead, I would surely fail. But then again, I could learn from my mistakes. That’s how the strongest players here started out, they were the first and had no one with prior knowledge to aid them. I continued to wonder what I should do, when I found that I was walking in circles. A few players were staring at me one even laughing. I stuck my tongue out at them and walked to a corner. The cold mountain breeze was picking up, and my silk clothing wasn’t warm enough. I pulled my cape around my body and sat against the corner. Though just a game it felt very cold. I sat and wondered what I would do next. I had to do something, just sitting here wouldn’t help. But at the same time I felt at ease. I knew I was supposed to be here, and that in itself made me feel happy.

(OCC: I am honored to be accepted into the main. When I first started on Divergence I thought that I would never come close to this. But thanks to Lord Wren’s support, my creativity and writing skills, and Divergence, I am here. May our adventures be grand and our friendships grander.)
Shugotenshi | lvl.12 | Heavy Blade | Imp Wood Bands| Juk Zot | Mumyn Lei | Apple Pie x 25 | Speed Charm x 2 | 800 gp

Wren
Elevated Player

Post by Wren » Fri Nov 14, 2003 6:45 pm

The land... The Sea... The Air... Time itself. Nothing is the same, and it shall forever be changed. The paths of fate are winding, overlapping, crossing back over itself to repeat a certain event. But now, at the end of that road, where will you go? This is only your next step onto a path of a different color.

"Have you ever looked into a channel or river under the mid-day sun? The way the light refracts off the gentle current, shifting with the constant flow of water. It's never exactly the same twice... Sometimes, if I stare into it long enough, I swear I can see every color of the rainbow. What's going to happen to me? ... David. Where are you, what's going on?" Wren rose from the stony ground, dusting off his thighs and butt before continuing on. It'd been about half a week since his last run-in with the Wavemaster. Wren just stood there a moment, still staring into the waters of the channel. He thought about all the new friends he'd made, and the current problems that plauged him. He hadn't been able to log out for some reason. This was certainly most perplexing, and rose a sense of distress and anguish within Wren's heart (though he'd never let it show). The choppy splash of the channel waters against the wood hull of a small player-ferry disrupted Wren's trancelike state. He could hear the giggles and laughter of those low-level players who were ascending from their little boat, preparing to rush off to some shop or dungeon. How naive and happy they must be. I wish that I was still that way sometimes.

The city was as it always had been: the tall cube-like buildings with their exotic markings painted on the walls. Orange banners hanging from up above, flapping in the wind, hundreds of players roaming about the crowded Root Town, and hundreds more just sitting around talking. The sun was up overhead today, leaving the sky with a magnificent cerulean color that reminded Wren of the real sky. A small flock of birds flew over, chirping and weaving around in their intricate flight patterns.

There was a tapping on Wren's right forearm. His jade eyes drew away from the sky and looked to the source of the taps: a small female player. Judging by the wand, she was a Wavemaster. "Um... excuse me? Do you know how I can get to a field? I'm still new, and I can't find the portal that will take me to a low-level field." This was honestly Wren's first time encountering such a newbie. He wondered whether or not he should assist the player to the Chaos Gate, or just tell them to get lost. Though he was in the solemn mood, he felt obligated to help this newbie so they'd have a pleasant experience in The World. "Okay... Just follow me, I'll take you to where you need to go. Stay close, it's easy to get lost in this place."

So Wren ascended the stairs that took him to a large stone-railing bridge. Just ahead he could see the Chaos Gate. His hollow footsteps echoed in his mind along with the voices of all the players leaning against the rails idly talking. As he passed the peak of the bridge, he noticed a chip in the stone. He recognized that as the spot he and Adaron met once when they were newbies, before meeting The Wavemaster for the first time. Up the stairs the two players went, past many others who'd just logged in, past the ever-familiar Recording Station. Wren was walking slow with heavy steps. Many other players passed them up in their mad rush to get out to a field where they could possibly kill themselves. Wren was in no such hurry.

"Okay, here you go," Wren said, pointing to the Chaos Gate. It's massive gold ring with the thin, blue interior spun on an axis with a modest hum, just as it always had. "This is the Chaos Gate. You imput Keywords here to get to different fields. A good newbie field is Bursting Passed Over Aqua Field. Just walk into the rune shape on the ground, there. Then say the keywords out loud and you'll be taken to where you want to go."

Wren stood and watched the player step into the dark brown rune on the ground and speak the keywords, thus get whisked away by the gold rings. He sighed quietly before turning back to look at the Root Town. Perhaps it's time for a chance of scenery... There is that other server now. Might as well, I guess. If I'm going to be stuck in this game I might as well be stuck someplace new. Before leaving, Wren took one final look at Mac Anu. His jade eyes seemed to get a little glossy as he surveyed the hundreds upon hundreds of players out there, standing in places he's stood, looking upon sights he's seen before. Having fun with their friends. It surely is a happy place, but such happiness is nonexistant for Wren, now. With a flap of his Angel Wings, sending a flurry of white feathers into the air around him, Wren turned away and back to the Chaos Gate. He took a single, solid step into the rune and said: "Highland City Dun Loireag!"

The three gold rings eminated from the air a foot or so above his head, appearing as if they'd been falling from the sky the entire time, and just been invisible to any player who took the time to seek them. Their fluid ebbing and flowing, much like the water of the channels, engulfed Wren. From his brown hair that stretched down and covered a bit of his jade eyes and the tip of the scar on his right cheek, all the way down to his black strapped boots. There was a blue light within, a soft sapphire blue light. Wren closed his eyes as the rings enveloped and wrapped around his body, carrying him away to a place unseen, unknown to him.

Weightless, falling... Winds rushed around Wren's body whipping his hair and loose articles of clothing around as he traveled through the tube of myriad lights and colors to his future destination. This weightless feeling haunted him, even in his sleep. He both loved, and hated it. Though he knew it would be over soon. Finally the end of the tunnel came: black, the end of the light. As he fell through the end of the tunnel, Wren could look back and see the light above him. Something was strange though. He kept falling. In those two seconds an eternity passed. Wren could almost swear he saw a gaping mouth closing on him as he fell into the shadows of an endless chasm. He wanted to scream, but no sounds came loose!

A familiar hum exploded in his ears... Three gold rings eminated almost seemingly from beneath the stone floor of the Chaos Gate's spot in the new Root Town, slowly ebbing and flowing in gentle back and forth motions as they rose up into view, and beyond into the sky only to disappear at some predetermined point. From within the rings shone a calm blue light, a digital feed of sorts. As soon as the first ring rose up from the ground, a thin wireframe set of data began to form on the ground. As it rose up and up it took the shape of a kneeling player. The second ring, which was trailing right behind the first, filled in the more defined polygons along with the shadows and highlights upon the player's body. Quickly in tow behind the second ring was the third, rising up from the earth the same as its predecessors. This one left in its wake a barrage of brilliant colors and lights, similar to those that you see when loggin in. Though, these three rings rise up so quickly and so close together, usually the transition is indetectable. As soon as a bit from the first ring is made, the second ring fills it in and the third fills in the excess, a very fluid process. When the rings had risen to their peak, they vanished, one-by-one into nothingness, just as they had came. The colors faded, leaving only those that were supposed to be present. Genuflexed before the Chaos Gate was now the full form of the Blademaster, Wren.

He stood up and looked about. If one were to look at him they'd see a man with black boots that were garnished by three horizontal black straps, black pants that stopped at about the bottom of the knee (where the boots began). They'd also see three belts. One to hold up the pants, two others for the twin sheaths Wren wore: a Prometheus and a Corpseblade. Above that was a creame colored tunic with the Kagayuzen strapped on over it, and over that to hide it was a banner that barely covered the front of Wren's body. On it was a triangle made of 3 hexagons, much like one would see in a dungeon. He had short sleeves, and his arms bore Dragon's Hands. Over his shoulders was a scarf, it stretched up around his neck and even had space to block his mouth and most of his nose from view. This left all Wren's visible emotions to the eyes. His two jade eyes with a scar next to his right eye from his first battle with the Wavemaster. Around his forehead was the Time Headband which held his brown bangs out of his face, even though they still were long enough to get in his eyes and partially block them from view. Of course, upon his back, they would find the rare Angel Wings tucked in around his shoulders. He was an odd and mysterious looking character.

In the new Root Town: Theta Server's Dun Loireag, where would he go? Wren wasn't quite sure why he had even come to this new place, but he felt a presence here drawing him in. It was quite strange, but soothing at the same time.

What is it about this place?

((OOC: Sorry for making this so long. I just felt I had to have a reason to go to the new server, and I felt the need to describe my appearance. I probably wont be making many other long posts like this. My entrances are usually quite lengthy, but the other posts I do aren't quite so much.))
Wren | Blademaster | Lvl. 30 | Ap Raio | Ap Do | Ap Vakz | Ani Slash | Vak Slash | Miu Lei | GiVak Kruz | Rai Kruz | Rue Rom | Repth |

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:08 pm

(Good job, wren. actually, that's a fairly typical post when we are in full swing.)

Nighthand's eyes were attracted to someone new, who had just ported into the root town. he was a blademaster, and of some skill, judging by his movements. but then again, the very fact that this server was open to him attested to that.

Nighthand decided to approach him. perhaps he could be of some help to the cause. leaving his spot swiftly and silently, he walked up to the odd character. once close, he noticed something that was rarely seen in The World. a scar. he must have run into a hacker of some kind, to have a scar. this was a man to talk to.

shrugging off his usually cold demeanor, nighthand opted for a more friendly air when talking to him.

"Hello, my friend. my name is nighthand." he used the information the game itself gave him. "And yours, it seems, is Wren. would you care to join me in the telling of an impossible story?"

(Well, if you like, in your next post you can have me explaining the history of our little group, and the state we are in now. )

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:19 pm

Hijinx had deposited the sleepy wave mistress at the hideout, and was now furiously trying to rub saliva out of her fur. The fact that it had landed on the small of her back wasn't much of a help in itself. Players slowed as they walked past to enjoy the rare site of a character of the twinblade's somewhat different appearance rubbing her back franticly on a tarp hanging by the weapons shop. It was certainly something to see, a dirty little mountain town with no river wasn't exactly exciting. Plopping herself firmly on the ground, she heaved a hefty sigh of relief after removing the gunk. Now it was time for some fun.

"Maybe tirath would like to try flying..... nono, he threatened to cut off my tail. Then again, he isn't very fast......."

Lost in her thoughts she bearly notices a shaky little blade master crossing the bridges a little over cautiously.

"Why he looks like he's afraid he'll fall off the world!" Grinning in a somewhat bemused way, she sneakily sneaks in the sneakiest of sneaky ways behind the relieved blademaster who wasn't quite so sneaky as to notice the sneakyness of a rather sneaky hijinx(because everyone knows that hijinx is the sneakiest of all sneaky things). Ducking low, she grabs his foot and swings him off the ground, and after an impressive display of quickly letting go and re-grabbing his leg, ends with him dangling precariously over the edge of the root town, much to his dismay and shock.

OOC: A fear of heights! How could I resist!? First rule of being jinxed! Completely irreversible and nothing like a forced hit! Eeny meeny miny mo! Catch asura by the toe!
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."

Asura
Elevated Player

Oooh. Descriptions.

Post by Asura » Fri Nov 14, 2003 11:54 pm

As he is flipped off the edge, the Blademaster's instincts suddenly kick in, his hands grasping the edge as firmly as possible, even as he is hung desperately off the edge. Almost immediately fears start setting in, the Blademaster having heard rumors about what would happen to those who died while within the World. Since the Blademaster didn't like the thought of being smashed into millions of pieces when he eventually hit whatever ground may be shrouded by the mist, or worst: perhaps falling forever through the mists that surround this area of the World, he kept grasping the edge, no matter how futile an effort it may be.

In the trouble of being flipped upside down, the cloak is jostled lose, nearly falling into the void. Instead, the Blademaster takes a risk, finding that whoever the player who had disturbed him was still holding onto his legs, his hand reaching out to grasp onto his green cloak before it slipped out of his hands. The entire act of the claok falling off reveals his green martial arts uniform, its long sleeves ending with cuffs revealing the dark black of the inner layers of fabric. A loosely tied collar is at the next, vaguely reminescent of middle age clothing for the military, though more closely resembling something from the old anime Ranma 1/2. His long brown hair falls downwards from the false gravity of the World, causing him to shudder a bit more at the thought of falling.

His body is quite obviously male, though younger than the basic avatars chosen by players for the World. Besides his green tunic is black pants, green flames running up the sides to match the tunic. His face has no discernable scars such as some other hacked players, though his dark brown, almost black, eyes have a noticible fire in them that seems to show a hatred deep within for whatever hackers might have caused his predicament. As the Blademaster hangs overhead however, the fire is replaced by a nervous fear, him wondering what would happen if he fell.

"Umm... whoever is holding me up here..." he starts, with a softer voice as it suddenly starts to get quite a bit louder, "GET ME BACK UP THERE! I personally would like to avoid falling."

Tirath
Exalted Player

Post by Tirath » Sat Nov 15, 2003 1:30 am

(OOC: Sorry i've been away lately, and that it will happen again soon....I have finals coming up in a few weeks and I have to to my best or I could lose aid.....good to see we have a nice new buch of guys to quest with though :mrgreen:

Tirath looked at his weapons as the group reappeared in the root town. Obviously the water equipment wasn’t going to be so useful after all. It seemed that a new sword was in order.......With that he walked to the Weapon Shop hoping to find a new, more powerful sword. A little while later he started to head back to the hideout, with a new weapons to boot, when he saw what appeared to be a rabbit holding another character over the bridge!

Damn it Hijinx don’t you even take someone else’s life seriously! He took off toward the dangling payer

“HIJINX!!! Pull him up right now or I’ll have RABBIT STEW for dinner tonight!”. The large rabbit ears perked up at those words, though probably at the thought that it wouldn’t taste all that bad Tirath thought as he helped pull the startaled BladeMaster to his feet and across the bridge. After they had allowed the Capped warrior to regain his composure Tirath extended his hand to him.

“Hi....My names Tirath, and this insane character is my.....friend(for lack of better term)...Hijinx. I’m sorry about all that, but she gets bored and bad things tend to happen to us. In fact there aren’t many of us that haven’t gone for a little swim in the Mac Anu river......I’m sorry what did you say your name was? Oh lets not worry about that now, lets go, I have some friends you should meet......"

I just hope that cat doesn't yell at me about letting someone else in....., Tirath thought as he lead the group behind the grunty farm, keeping a close eye on Hijinx at all times
Last edited by Tirath on Sat Nov 15, 2003 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Equipment: Oval Sword/ Frost Armour/ Cougar Bandana / Frost Bracer / Leg mail
Items: Mages soul, spirte orcarina, anitidote, 3 emperor soul, 10 heath potion, 5 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 5 Gale Breath, 2 Resurrect, 2 Speed Charm, 2 Knights Bane
Money: 5403gp
Skills: La Repth, Rue Slash, Rue Rom
Unequiped: Unicorn Blade(Ani Slash)Executioner(Crackbeat)

Kain
Player

Post by Kain » Sat Nov 15, 2003 1:32 am

Kain was resting against one of the railings that belonged to a bridge in Mac Anu, this was a normal resting place for the Heavy Blade. With a sigh, Kain put his Stun Sword up against the railing and put his two hands behind his head locking his fingers. Kain glanced up into the azure sky, and was taken aback by its beauty. This was the first time he had really noticed the sky. It was so calm and endless. He didn’t have time to accept the sky for what it was, there was too much on his mind. The player brought his head down and he glanced at the other players who were bustling around the city. Kain had been wandering around the root town for quite some time after the Avantgarden der Dämmerung’s confrontation with the Wavemaster, without trying to log off. Kain was going restless; he wondered where the rest of the members of the Vanguards went. No one seemed to be in Mac Anu. Kain pushed himself from the wooden railing and picked up his Stun Sword. He hoisted the weapon on his right shoulder, holding it with his right hand. Kain realized that he was very bored, and decided to log out of the game.

Kain tried to log out, but something happened. He wasn’t allowed to log out of the game. Kain gulped and lowered his sword; he glanced around the town nervously. Maybe it’s just a glitch, Kain thought as he smiled to himself and tried to log out once more. The same thing happened, Kain opened his mouth to scream but nothing came out. What’s going on, how come I’m not allowed to log out? Does this have something to do with the battle against the Wavemaster? He looked around to see if there was anyone who he knew that could help him with his major dilemma. Looking at the other players, they seemed to be having the time of their life, not even caring that Kain wasn’t able to log out. Kain began to break out in a heavy sweat, he thought that The World had become corrupt. The Heavy Blade took a few steps back, and smacked into an elderly player. This player appeared to be a Heavy Axeman. He had a small grey bushy beard and shining red armor, he glanced at Kain and smiled. Sticking out his hand the player said, “Don’t worry about it.” Kain looked down at the ground and shifted his weight, he was intimidated by the other player.

“I noticed that you’re a tad nervous. I’m an expert player of The World, I can answer any questions you have,” The man told Kain. Kain didn’t look up yet, his heart was beating. Not only did he not know where his friends were, he couldn’t log out of the game, and now he was about to tell this random player everything that had happened to him so far. Kain took a deep breath and began to talk about everything that had happened to him in The World, starting from his first quest to Hidden Passed Over Spiral up until he found out that he couldn’t leave The World. The elderly player nodded and added the occasional “I see” or “Hmmmm.” He then moved his hand over to his forehead and massaged his temples. Kain stared at him with his shadow that covered his face waiting for the player to respons. He opened his mouth and began. “Your situation isn’t common, but it has happened before. I could sit her and bore you with information that I’ve heard, or I could tell you where to go.” Kain contemplated this choice, he wanted to know as much as he could, but wasn’t sure if he had the time. He chose the latter. “There are other players who’ve had the same thing happen to them, I’m sure you can find them in the Theta Server, Dun Loireag.” Kain’s straight face broke into a smile. There was nothing else to do, so why not check out this new server. He was sure to answer some questions there. Kain nodded politely and turned to face the Chaos Gate.

Kain began his slow march towards the Chaos Gate, for some reason he could hear a funeral march being played. His boots made a loud tapping sound as Kain touched the first step and pushed himself up. He repeated the process with his boots making the same sound with every step he took. His sword was once again resting on his right shoulder, Kain took a deep breath as he reached the top of the steps. He was frightened, knowing that he would enter the unknown. He had no clue what was going to be waiting for him in Dun Loireag. Kain tugged down on his hood with his left hand and then combed the strands of hair that stuck out from under the hood. Kain inhaled deeply and then exhaled, letting out all of his breath. He took another step closer to the Chaos Gate. When he finally reached it Kain hesitated. “Here goes nothing,” Kain said aloud as he chose to move to the Theta Server. The golden rings covered his body and then lifted him up into the virtual world.

Kain entered the new root town, and was in a state of shock. He opened his mouth to say something, but the lump in his throat made it so nothing would come out. This place was completely different than that of Mac Anu. It was an area that was floating in the sky. There were little islands connected to each other by tiny bridges, nothing like those of Mac Anu, and the different shops were on the islands. Instead of being a calm area, with a gentle river flowing through, it appeared to be a harsh place thanks to all of the wind blowing around. Kain’s black robes rustled in the wind as a strong gust of wind blew by. Kain shielded his eyes, to protect himself from anything that was picked up in the wind. There has to be someone here that can help me, Kain thought as he took a step into the town of Dun Loireag. Kain peered around to see if there was anyone that he knew. At first he couldn’t see anyone, but then he recognized an unmistakable character cloaked in green. “Asura, hey Asura, is that you?” Kain yelled out as he ran towards the Blade Master. Asura appeared to be walking on one of the bridges, very cautiously. Kain skidded to a stop when he noticed another player.

Kain picked up dust and pieces of grass as he skidded to a stop right in front of the bridge, almost falling off of the island himself. Kain watched as a mysterious player with fur dangled him over the edge. The Heavy Blade gripped his Stun Sword out in front of him, and thought about charging on the bridge to help Asura. Kain gulped as he took a step onto the bridge, looking around once more. He knew this idea would be stupid because the other player was probably a very high level. Especially if she could treat Asura like a rag doll, he was a pretty high level as well. Kain tugged down on his hood once more, and decided he would help Asura. The Heavy Blade rushed onto the bridge unsure what would happen next.

{OOC: Wow, I am very thankful that I was accepted into the Main Plot. It is, was, and always will be honored and respected by the players of the Sub-plots. I will try to post to my best ability and have as much fun as possible. Thanks once again}
Kain//Level 20// Heavy Blade//Calamity, Juk Rom, Gan Zot, Repth

HackerNuse
Elevated Player

Post by HackerNuse » Sat Nov 15, 2003 2:54 am

Leaning over the wooden rail, the softness of her milky smooth skin rubbing against the corse, wooden surface, her eyes gazing outward over the calm river. Watching as small and large gondolas alike quietly floated down a stream, transporting both WaveMasters and Twin Bladers alike. She also gazed on as two large Heavy Axes boarded a small gondola. She looked on curiously at the site. The bulky size of the Heavy Axe men caused the small gondola to become unstable, caught off guard by the sudden shaking of the gondola. The two Heavy Axes gripped hold of the sides of the boat. Trying to regain stability only caused the boat to rock even more than before. Getting the idea to jump to the stone plated docking point that lay a couple of yards away, the Heavy Axes stood up rather quickly. Losing their balance the two fell over board, following their plop into the water, was a large upward splash with a loud roar. Tempest was hit by this sudden burst of water, her entire head was drenched, large water droplets, ran down her face. Moving around the curves of her nose and lips to her chin, and hitting the wooden ground with a pitter patter.

Pushing herself against the wooden rail of the bridge, she began to softly giggle at the site and within seconds the soft giggle began to grow a deep hardy laugh that she could feel deep from within the boughs of her stomach. Trying to calm herself down she walked back over to the side, looking over. She noticed the two Heavy Axes standing up and struggling to crawl out of shore water. Their heavy armor weighing them back down into the water. Once again Tempest began to laugh at the site, with her arms clutching her sides, she continued to chuckle away. Leaving the bridge’s side, she headed off toward the chaos gate. O my, that was a good laugh. I sure will miss these goods times in Mac Anu. She stretched out her arms to feel the warm evening breeze blow against her skin, the warm sensation spread throughout her body, causing goose bumps to appear up and down her arms. I will miss the evening air and warm star lite nights. Continuing walking, her metal boots clinking with each step on the stone tablets below. She walked through the hoard of players, shouting to one another across the isle, discussion to one another about different fields and strategies. “Yes I will even miss all this people,” she said quietly to herself with a smile. “O well it’s about time I head off. I need to make it to Dun Loireag. There is truly nothing left for me here, I have answers that I need answers and I know I will find them there.”

Ascending the stairs, she looked back one more time, to glance over the Root Town she frequently called home “Goodbye,” she whispered. Tempest walked toward the Chaos Gate, taking the final step up to the little square where the Gate resides. The hum of the Chaos Gate flooded her mind again, and she closed her eyes standing before the glowing blue and gold gateway. Suddenly gold rings of light burst out at three points in the gate as Tempest lifted her right hand up overhead. "Highland City Dun Loireag!" Three gold rings materialized one consecutively after the other, enveloping Tempest from just above her right hand all the way down to her feet and the Blademaster was whisked away to the new root town where she hoped her questions would be answered.

The golden rings materialized once more as they descended down to the ground reviling, a woman like figure, her color reappearing to her gray figure. Her raven like wings ruffing upon entre, a couple of black feathers here and there falling toward the ground, yet before they could reach the smooth surface floor of the Chaos Gate, they were blown way by a sudden gust wind. The cold wind blew across Tempest face. She loved the wind, but never when it was cold. It sent a chill down her spin, as the cold upward breezes began to blow. Rapping her arms around herself, she shivered a bit to warm herself up. Being in the in a warm climate such as Mac Anu and suddenly being dropped into cold icy air of Dun Loireag was a complete and total change too here. She was un prepared for the difference in temperature, yet as she looked around, none of the players around her seemed to be affected by the cold climate around them. They acted as if they were just fine, she watched on with questioning looks at the new and interesting players around her. Maybe they are used to this, or maybe not, she said as she noticed a few other characters experiencing the same as her. But they were quickly engulfed in the swarm of people, she made her way across the stone span that seemed to be the only link that connected the main land of Dun Loireag to the Chaos Gate. The strip was just a several feet wide, yet to Tempest seem to shrink in size as she made her away across. She noticed the mist below, it was thick and seemed to stretch as far as her eyes could see, that was the first time she noticed that Dun Loireag was only land mass for miles, she could see large structures off into distances, but she could never reach those. Finally with her push off with her left foot, she stepped onto the main land of Dun Loireag. “Well I am finally here.”

[Thank you for accepting me into Main I greatly appreciate being apart of main. I will do my best to make everyone proud, I will hope to reach my full potential here. Thank you again. ]

Vera
Exalted Player

Post by Vera » Sat Nov 15, 2003 5:36 am

Vera laid on the ground as she sighed deeply. Her dream still rang in her head as she looked down and sniffled. "Sorry, thats what I'll tell them." she said with a depressed tone.

Keeping her head down she walked towards Gingitsune. Coming slowly behind her, Vera tapped her on the shoulder. "Umm, Miss Gingitsune. I wanted too ask for forgiveness...for what happened in the woods. Something keeps making me think different."

ooc; bleh
Weapon: Shadow Guns
Armor: GunnerHeadband|Gunner Cloak|Dark Gunner Gloves|Shadow Anklet
Skills:Rapid Shot|Ani Eater|Ap Torv|La Repth|Ani Kruz
Money:8608
Items:Many
Power: Night Vision and Blindness Immune
Wishlist: More Ultra Light Gunner Equipment

Golden Orb is Currently: faint blue glow

Asura
Elevated Player

...I have too much fun with this nice little subject bar.

Post by Asura » Sat Nov 15, 2003 5:45 am

Asura blinks for a few times, holding his hand over his chest for a few brief seconds before draping the cloak back over his shoulders. He hated heights, and being dangled over a ledge leading to most certain death didn't seem like one of the best things in the World to him. A few brief seconds is all it takes for the young Blademaster to redo the clasp of his cloak, making sure the green cloth does not fall off as easily as it almost had that last time. He doesn't bother putting back up his hood, instead allowing his hair to be free. One last thing is done though, the boy tying it back with a green ribbon in order to keep it from getting too messy in battle or simply walking around. His long hair needed this careful treatment in order to keep it from being a hazard within battle.

Quickly the player recovers however, noticing the questions the man is asking in the corner of his head. At the moment he's more focused on the other character's, the one known as Hijinx to be specific, skin. It is obviously a hacked one, the rabbit ears and fur certainly not something that would be normal. Either the character had been hacked, or had hacked the skin itself; which option he didn't know. Either way, he decided to give the other player a chance, not immediately dismissing the player as one of the accursed hackers that became the focus of so many of the young Blademaster's thoughts.

Asura's hatred was often directed at hackers, for all the problems that had been caused by them. Not only had they forced most people to abandon all other OS for Altimit, causing a monopoly, but at the same time it caused thousands of problems within the World. The evil AI of the Gelsen quests that he had participated, the Wavemaster, whatever strange hacker might have been pursuing him in his quests for rare items; all of these events were triggered by hackers in one form or another. It was because of these hackers that he had been captured twice, both times for his haste and arrogance.

A light fills the Blademaster's eyes as he temporarily grips his blade, muttering something under his breath. He pushes it swiftly aside, knowing that it wouldn't be a wise idea to keep his mind focused on the past. He would have to look towards the present if he was to find the answers to his problems; he would have to find a way to deal with the hack that had undertaken him, plunging him deep within the World. Each battle would be unimaginably more desperate now, so he would have to be sure to make strong allies within this server.

"I'm... Asura. A Blademaster of the Avantgarden der Dammerung. I'd be glad to meet whatever group you might be talking about. I've heard interesting rumors about the people around Dun Loireag after all." He says this last sentence with a smile, remembering how he had spent time gathering information on the BBS before the final hacked curse. He always had shifted through topic after topic, searching for the vaguest hint of a rare item. In this search, he found out many things about a group of players trapped within the World, dealing with hackers. At the time he had shoved it off as a false rumor, something that would be completely untrue. However, he now found himself in a similar situation, so these rumors had led him into the town of Dun Loireag. The Blademaster grips his sword hilt as his side, keeping a careful eye on the player known as Hijinx, not wanting to become the victim of anymore tricks.