Enter the World through the Delta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Asgard
Exalted Player

Downtown Ambush -> Planning Thread

Post by Asgard » Wed Dec 03, 2003 7:06 am

OOC: Go nuts with ideas guys. When you feel that you've concocted a plan, have Gingi or some other representative post on it. I won't be watching this thread, as I want to be surprised by the workings of youz :)

Possiblt Hint: Take Gem out first
This is my non-banner profile. Read at own discretion!
Wishlist (Bolded sections denotate priority, in descending order)
In General: LEVELS
Pet-Related: EX-Levels, [Lv. 2]Overdrive Sphere, [Lv. 2]Ressurect
Armor: Dice Gloves (20 RARE), Golden Turban (42), Saint Cross (41), Protect Ring (41)
Weapons: Master Nunchaku (40 RARE), Three-Section Staff (37),
Items: (None)

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:22 pm

(OOC: first off, i'll post their stats here to make them more easily accessable to the others. just in case, ya know.

Gem and Eye
Class: Twinblades
Level: 50
Element Strengths: Fire, Earth, Thunder (for both)
Known Strengths: Ap Do speed without the use of the spell. Knows every human pressure point. Sixth sense (can sense enemies).
Known Weaknesses: Eye easily loses balance. Gem cannot swim. Eye can be distracted more easily than Gem.

i'll post a plan once i turn in my final...)

Asura
Elevated Player

Post by Asura » Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:49 pm

(OOC: I have extra time! Time to plot!

So Eye is the easily distracted one... while it seems that we should probably take out Gem first, it might serve us well to break them up first. Can the Cybelle (sp?) do anything like create an illusion that could possibly throw Eye off so we can deal with them individually? That would probably help a lot.

Oh. And for all IC purposes, my character is naturally hasty [as could be seen in several of my earlier quests and bits of the last one.] and thus might need to be kept from charging off.

Oh wait. Gem is the one that can't swim, isn't she? We should push Gem off the bridge of Mac Anu or something...

Rargh. Mourn my cloak... alas, it was lost back in the Theta server. May it rest in ashes. Or something.)

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:49 pm

The first thing Nighthand did was relay Asgard’s Flash mail to the rest of the party. This stalled another couple of attack ideas.

To: All

Don't even dare try attacking. Head on attacks will end you up dead. Go plan an ambush attack for them. When they set their sights on a target, nothing else becomes important to them, except for a possible lone attacker.

Gather around by the Chaos Gate, hopefully we’ll be safe long enough to plan.

-End-

Once the entire group was gathered around the gate, Nighthand began.

“Obviously head on attacks are useless. We need to somehow trip them up. They seem fairly focused on Asgard as we came in, so we know it’ll be hard to get their attention. Now, Hijinx, I think you’re insanity with practical jokes will be invaluable here. Any ideas?” He turned to the Lucky Rabbit

“Well,” she said, bouncing to her feet from a position on the wall. “I always like taking people down into the river. It’s my most fun joke!” She imitated pushing a character into the river.

“And it’s your most well known. If we can get enough time to get Asgard free from their pincer, we can have a united front against them. All we need is some kind of distraction… like…”

Suddenly an idea flashed to his mind.

“We need to see how easy it is to distract them. I suggest we split up into two groups, one for the ninja in the back, on for the one here up front.” He pointed. “There’s a boat there, if I remember correctly. One group can take that across. once they get into position, we try some kind of play to distract them.”

A couple people moved, heading towards the boat. Nighthand called a halt to them.

“Wait! I said we could, not that we should. We need other plans, other input first. Any other ideas?” Nighthand stepped aside to let others speak.

(OOC: basically, i was thinking put a pincer on the pincer, and somehow go for both ninjas at once. maybe taunting, fake attacks. but then again, they'd probably kill us. i also thougt hijinx could give us some ideas... with all that insanity going on. btw, i was wrong here, we should all post ooc, according to asgard.)

Wren
Elevated Player

Post by Wren » Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:44 pm

(OOC: since Eye is closest to us, and Gem is furthest away, might we distract Eye and leave Asgard to Gem?

Hijinx could pull some stunt of sorts to turn Eye away from the battle. If we had a ball (reference - .hack//DUSK, episode 4 or 5, the beach scene.) then we could throw it at Eye's head. Since eye would be distracted, they would be unable to execute the pincer. That would leave eye with two options: to charge us, or to turn back to asgard.

From what has been said, I'd assume the attention would return to asgard. Though this initial action has made Eye aware of us, and temporarily stopped any sort of doubleteam on the target itself. While we have the chance, we ought to try and split forces evenly, class wise. I'm not 100% sure of Eye's capabilities, but I have Ap Vakz, and I know other people have Ap Do. If we can speed ourselves up and use the protect spells on ourselves and the others in the team, that should take some of the damage off of us.

That may take some time, though. We may want to try and distract Eye again between the split and the spells' completion. Or perhaps distract both. Though I think Asgard could take 1 of them (Gem). We may only get in the way at our levels.

So once we're prepared (or as prepared as we can be), a few spells to get Eye's full attention, perhaps even knock him into evasive manuvers. If we could get our combatants to move back a bit, more towards the Gate than the bridge, then cast a few spells just ahead of Eye, between he and Asgard, that may push him back. If we can get him to move back once, then our combatants move out to strike, at the same time sending a second wave of spells down in front of him, that will give Eye 2 separate targets. Spells in front, and players behind. Either move from the spell and try to block our hits, or take the spell and try to block our hits. Though in moving Eye may sacrifice any hope of evading or parrying our blows.

*Shrug* it's an idea at any rate.)
Wren | Blademaster | Lvl. 30 | Ap Raio | Ap Do | Ap Vakz | Ani Slash | Vak Slash | Miu Lei | GiVak Kruz | Rai Kruz | Rue Rom | Repth |

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:55 pm

(OOC: I'm confused on what's OOC and IC right now but I do my whole thing in OOC since I don't have alot of time right now. I was thinking that we could a send a barrage of spells towards Gem and Asgard could knock Gem into the water while Gem is stunned from the spells. Who's the strongest physical player beside Asgard who could withstand an attack from Gem or Eye because they could distract Eye for a little bit while focusing on Gem.)
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Wish List: Phoenix's Fire, Gold Necklace
EX-Spheres: LV 3 - Overdrive, LV 3 - Curative, LV 3 - Elemental Breath

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Wed Dec 03, 2003 6:04 pm

(talking to asgard, i found out.

everything here should be ooc. it's all plotting anyways.

another idea came to mind for me a little bit ago. we could attempt the same thing i did a while back on one of the bosses, on gem somehow. what i did was i use the ice floe scroll to create a slide of ice behind the opponent, and i use one of the tornado spells, wood i think, to blow them back. hopefully, we could slide gem along the ice and into the mac anu river. seeing as gem cannto swin, that would be a way to take him out for a time. perhaps even defeat them both, because eye may become distracted and dive in to save gem. it all depends on how much they work together.

Wren
Elevated Player

Post by Wren » Wed Dec 03, 2003 6:10 pm

(OOC: Do you think we could do that to Gem and Eye?

I have some Ice Floes. If we could hit them both at the same time that way, then we could cast a few lightning spells on the water and give them a nice shock session. And since it would take them some time to get out, we could do that multiple times. I dunno if it's possible, but we may even try freezing the water and then melting a thin layer acros the surface so there's liquid to carry a charge, then shock them continually until the ice shatters, or they die/get free of the water.

That would at least take some time and do some damage.)
Wren | Blademaster | Lvl. 30 | Ap Raio | Ap Do | Ap Vakz | Ani Slash | Vak Slash | Miu Lei | GiVak Kruz | Rai Kruz | Rue Rom | Repth |

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Wed Dec 03, 2003 7:46 pm

(OOC: I have Rai Rom to help with the shocking if necessary. The freezing plan would work better if Tokki was there to freeze the water since she has the power to manipulate water and such. I believe that a physical attack is the best way to get Gem into the water since magic doesn't have that much momentum to push someone back.)
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:27 pm

Hehehe. A ball you say? Let me just speak with tirath about that........ yoink! :twisted: Right, now lets get down to business. I would suggest we have you get into a lock with gem on the bridge. Then we collapse the bridge, and since gem can't swim, eye will have to come to the rescue. It's difficult to jump out of the water, so we simply unload lightning and ice attacks on them from said point. As for asgard, well, he flew earlier, so why not now.
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:20 pm

I think they're all very good ideas, I myself am not the greatest strategic mastermind- lucky if I can think of anything at all ^_^, anyway, it seems to me as if we should drive Gem towards the river, seeing as Gem cannot swim. Splitting into two groups is definately a must, and I believe that Hijinx should definately have a say with Gem, seeing as how the Lucky Rabbit is quite an expert at ahem, 'cooling people off.' Meanwhile, to stop him from aiding his friend, the other group must distract Eye in any way possible, most likely with speed to try and throw him off balance...

Neo...
Player

Post by Neo... » Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:33 pm

((OOC: Since neither of the two players have a strong Wood Element resistance, someone could use a Wood Whirlwind Spell like Leafblight or Jungle Rage to knock Eye off his feet. He may be able to see any attack like that coming, so if a distraction could be used to draw his attention away from the caster of the spell, it would be most effective. Once he has been knocked off balance, a group of our strongest members can rush in on Eye and cause as much damage as possible.

Our main concern with Gem is to get him into the water. I'm not sure of the extent of Tokki's water manipulation, but if it is at a high level is it possible to bring the water from the river over to him instead? If so, that would be easier than trying to knock a player whose level is way above ours into a river. And if it isn't possible to bring the river water over to Gem, we could get a group of players to cast a series of water skills like Ice Flow or Rue Rom, one after the other. While he is distracted by the constant flow of water pouring over his body, another group of players can force him into the river with a few Thunder Spells.

Once he is in the river, we can focus on finishing off Eye by knocking him in the river as well. With both players in the river, we can unleash all of our Thunder skills into the water, causing a much larger degree of damage than usual. Eye may try to leave the river alone, but with his bad balance, it should be easy to knock him back down with a Leafblight or any other Wood Whirlwind Skill.

Now... I'm not sure what we can use as a distraction. Perhaps the ball… which a few of you have mentioned? How's this all sound?))

Neo | Twinblade | Lvl. 18 | Tiger Claws | Staccatto | Gale of Swords | Repth | Vak Kruz | Juk Rom |

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:18 pm

I just noticed something about them. Thunder attacks may not be as effective against them since they have a strong defense againt thunder. Neo, I don't think anyone has level 2 wood spells to use. I still don't believe that magic has the momentum to push someone back. Magic can be used a distraction for a physical attack to push Gem into the water.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster

Neo...
Player

Post by Neo... » Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:40 pm

I already knew they had a resistance to Thunder, but I was hoping that through the use of dampening the two players you would still be able to inflict damage. And you're probably right about a magic attack not having enough power to knock a player back, but the Whirlwind skill should still work, at least enough to throw Eye off balance.

Neo | Twinblade | Lvl. 18 | Tiger Claws | Staccatto | Gale of Swords | Repth | Vak Kruz | Juk Rom |

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:19 pm

Okay. assuming we get gem into the water, what can we do there?

thunder may or may not work, due to their defense. same with boiling the water with fire.

i don't really know how effective earth could even be in that situation.

we have already brought up the topic of freezing over the water. but how about if we bombard it with enough ice spells to completly freeze it solid? if we could contain the two twin blades in ice, well, we could almost have our way with them.

wood in the water has some interesting possibilities, but again, not as useful.

darkness and water don't really interact very much, so there's not really much that can be done there.

as for getting them into the water, we could use the wood or earth tornados to knock eye off balance, distracting him. we could use tirath's ball (Which he does indeed have) to distract one of them, probably eye. we could gang mob one of them, hoping to dispatch him before the other arrives, though that is unlikely.

obviously, gem is the stronger of the two. his only weakness is the swimming.

and my talking is making me think that eye will be a puchover, almost. hehe.