Enter the World through the Delta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Nall

Welcome to The WORLD...

Post by Nall » Sat Mar 29, 2003 9:58 pm

(OOC: This is just a note, whenever you want to say somthing in this forum that does not pertain to your character and is just your opinion or thought or whatever just put it in brackets with 'OOC' at the start like I'm doing here. OOC stands for out of character. This just makes things easier to understand and save some confusion. Also, I'll put <Narrator Post> at the beginning of my posts if it's not actually Nall thats talking. Once again this just saves some confusion. Anyways, this is just a starting post thing. Reply to it how you like. Mind you the description might not be exactly fitted towards your character, just work with it and try to introduce yourself. You should get the general idea of it ^^)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<Narrator Post>

Logging in.......
Processing......
Welcome to the World......

You arrive at Mac Anu, water capital and root town for the Delta Server. Your just a newbie to The WORLD, this is your first time being immersed in somthing so visually attractive. While you might have known someone who has played The WORLD, this is your first time actually playing for yourself. You see many people, some just walking around, chatting about the monster they just defeated, others running from store to store to gather items for their next adventure. You also see many people just sitting down having casual conversations about their day, talking nothing about The WORLD whatsoever. You begin to walk around, looking at all the different sights to see. You see some players, you try to talk to them but they give you the cold shoulder. You see that not everyone likes to associate with newbies. You walk away kind of disappointed but some players catch your eye. They seem to be newbies as well. You see an opportunity to get to know some people and introduce yourself.
Last edited by Nall on Mon Apr 14, 2003 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nevaeh
Elevated Player

Post by Nevaeh » Sat Mar 29, 2003 10:09 pm

Delta server, the capitol city Mac Anu. A new player logs in, and those hanging around the Chaos Gate cast a glance towards the newcomer out of habit, then double-take to get a closer look. Clad in blue robes and a silver breastplate, with a white mantle atop, he doesn’t appear to be much more than a normal player. However, the wings sprouting from his shoulder blades mark him as more than a simple player. Extending at least a foot about his head, then stretching to the ground when folded, one of them is startlingly white and feathered, whilst the other black and blue, distinctly leathery with a wicked spike perched on top. Strapped to his waist are daggers wielded by Twin Blades. The newcomers’ eyes, a deep forest green, curiously glance around at those staring at him. Of course, the reason why they stare is obvious enough. Not only does he have a particularly unique-looking character model, but the clear signs of viral infection scattered across his model would make any regular look twice. At least, it looks like an infection, but the color of the hexagonal grid is off. The angelic creature smiles to himself, and looks around. Surely there's a group of newbies around here who won't recognize a hacker immediatly.

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

entering... connected...

Post by Gingitsune » Sat Mar 29, 2003 10:25 pm

Gingitsune sits on a low, carved bench opposite of the Inn, leaning her long wand on the ground.
She puts her head down, slumped, "I can't believe it, that battle last night took a lot more out of me than I thought."
She smiled, looking at a group of completely lost looking people, looking at their weapons with either confusion, or total newbie enthusiasm- waving them in the air. Two of them were even trying to fight each other, getting broken up by a pair of older players.
Most of them looked regular, as usual, no sense, no style, no clue; a few of them did catch Gingitsune's eye though, and she looked at them thoughtfully.
"I haven't been in a group for awhile..."
Gingitsune's last group had been a total disaster, a gung-ho guy, and a bunch of girls who had prefered to point out cute grunties, rather than to fight monster battles, so Gingi had just left them to their plight and gone off on her own.
"Hehehe, I'm so pathetic" she laughed, "I want to play tour guide to a bunch of newbies, but hey, it might be fun- to talk to someone" she smiled, and yawned.
"I wish I hadn't spent all of my money on new weaponry and shiny armour, but I can't help it! Now I don't even have enough for a nice night at the Inn, " she dusted off the bottom of her dress as she got up and walked toward a likely looking group.
"Hi..." Wow, she was inarticulate...
The group turned towards her, and some of them smiled.
"I'm Gingitsune, and I'm looking to form... a group. My other ones have basically been complete failures, but this one looks... alright. You guys look, new, and I've been in the World for awhile, so I'd be willing to help you out, tactically, and physically... I'm not weak, and I'm not annoying... Atleast I don't annoy myself" she said, giving them one of her most 'charming' smiles, and leaning against her wand.
Gingitsune was friendly enough, proud, but friendly; it wasn't that she was antisocial, it was just that most of the people with whom she tried were completely obnoxious, either too proud, or completely self esteem-less; and Gingitsune was no submissive person herself, she was a take charge type, not a friendly, perky, perfectly-good take-charge type- she was cool, calm, and level-headed, except for her quick temper. She didn't show her true self, or her true motives, but was helpful to anyone she could despite it.
"So... what do you say?" She asked, tilting her head, and slanting her eyes imperatively, one hand on her hip, the other clutched loosely around her wand.

Nevaeh
Elevated Player

Post by Nevaeh » Sat Mar 29, 2003 10:45 pm

Nevaeh, who wasn't an actual part of the group of newbies, but stood a bit back watching them, though he did talk to the few that started up conversation, but ended up distracting themselves showing off their weapons to each other.

"I'll take you up on that deal, if you don't mind," he said cheerfully. "My name's Nevaeh. This is my first time logging on, though I suppose you could say I know how the system works pretty well already."

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Sat Mar 29, 2003 10:51 pm

Gingitsune smiled, and turned toward Nevaeh, "Well yes, I can tell..." She knew a little too well what he was talking about, subtly shifting her back out of sight.
"But alright, you seem like an interesting person to group up with..."
Then she glanced at the others and laughed, "Anyone that doesn't wave their sword in my face to show me how shiny it looks when the sun beats down upon it, is good in my book."

Celter

Post by Celter » Sat Mar 29, 2003 10:57 pm

Logging in...

Celter appeared in Mac Anu. He saw group of newbies but walked away, not liking to be in contact with other people. He walked towards a building that looked empty. He entered and found a deserted bar.
"Give me some water," Luke said to the old bar tender.
"Hmph. That's not strong enough to help you survive here," the old man told him.
"Give it to me!" Luke yelled, drawing his blades.
"Alright, alright," he replied, handing Luke some water.

Nevaeh
Elevated Player

Post by Nevaeh » Sat Mar 29, 2003 11:09 pm

"I've always been partial to how things look under moonlight, personally," Nevaeh said. He drew his blade and looked at it, though not with the awe that his fellows were. "Besides, it's just data, all of this is. Anything we experiance here is just an illusion." He laughs, then puts the dagger away. "But it's apretty good illusion for what it's worth, right? If I didn't know better, I'd think this was all real."

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Sat Mar 29, 2003 11:13 pm

"Reality- it's a strange thing, this place- it is real, it does exist- I exist, and so do you, and so does everyone here. It's about as real as anywhere else... I suppose... But that's just how I see things..."
Gingitsune brought her own weapon up for inspection, "It doesn't shine, but it does glow... and it makes quite a handy walking stick, or club for beating obnoxious people over the head with."
Gingitsune smiled, and put her wand down.
"I wonder if anyone else will join the group..."

Celter

Post by Celter » Sat Mar 29, 2003 11:20 pm

Luke drank the water and put his blade away. He walked out of the bar and headed towards the inn. Once he got inside he payed for a nights stay. He went up to his room and found someone waiting for him...

Nall

Post by Nall » Sat Mar 29, 2003 11:21 pm

A cool breeze blows by, picking up some dust and debris. Nall's hair blows in the wind as he sits upon a rooftop alone. He trys to be inconspicuous about it as he's been already warned that going on the rooftops in Mac Anu was forbidden.
'Theres a lot of people here today... much too crowded for my liking'
Nall checks through his inventory for the 4th time.
'Geeze... Did I really use up all that stuff? I have almost no scrolls left!'
Nall was getting bored. He was about to get up and head for the chaos gate when a group of people caught his eye. He jumps to another roof above the group to get a better look.
'Ahh, just as I thought. A nice group of Newbies, hahahaha!'
Nall laughs at the lot of them, jumping around in awe about the world around them. He is known for helping newbies by giving them stuff or just guiding them through dungeons. However, his last campaign cost him all his money and most his inventory.
'Heh, well it's too bad I'm out of stuff... But it looks like they're getting some aid anyways. The one player looks pretty strong... Oh!'
Nall gets a better look at the character the originally caught his eye. The one with wings obviously edited his appearence.
'Well now... isn't this an interesting bunch of newbies! I think I'll keep on eye on these characters for a while!'
Nall jumps to another roof closer to the group, he was now close enough to hear the conversations going on.
'Well this will be interesting... I'll just stay up here for a while!'

DelTer

Post by DelTer » Sun Mar 30, 2003 4:03 am

?> Login> DelTer

Around Doros Scandia/DelTer forms a spiral of light, turning his room into a mind-numbing blackness. Nearly immediatly thereafter, a light emerges from seemingly within Doros, the light dimmed, and the landscape around him showed it's shape. He was now logged in.

Looking around, he unsheathed his sword, being his first time on, he didn't want to be caught unprepared. Looking around to get his bearings, he saw a sign of a city called Mac Anu. Turning around DelTer saw the city, which was mere meters from him. Taking in the sights around him, he quickly determined where the stores that were of use to him were. Turning back to the rolling countryside, he saw a pair of new players engage in battle with a local wildlife animal. He watched in amusement and examined their tactics and flaws. Deciding to go do some battling on his first day, he completely bypassed the town and headed to the surrounding countryside, his blade balanced on his shoulder.

Argilus
Twin Blader

Post by Argilus » Sun Mar 30, 2003 5:51 am

Logging in…. Delta server.

Argilus character appeared suddenly at the Chaos Gate, where already several people were standing. Argilus had never seen such a game with such realistic characteristics. Things were rather real to what he was seeing, looking beyond the crowd he could see the clouds hover above them and even a large rock like thing just pass by, then fade away. The wind blew his hair out of his face a bit, even though he couldn’t feel it, he could see it perfectly move.

Stepping off the Gate platform Argilus looked over and could see a person lying on the ground a bit puzzled. Argilus gave him a confused look and then looked back over at the ground. A beautiful girl was standing before them asking them something, he couldn’t hear. He wasn’t sure what to do, so then walking passed the guy on the ground and passed the people talking he just went around them and watched from a distance to listen in. Argilus silverish hair waved around a bit, as even the red cloth around his neck. He also took a look at his weapons, which he was given being a newbie, to blades. They weren’t to unique and not very decorated.

I wonder if…if I can feel? "Argilus questioned himself silently. Already Argilus was losing himself in the game. He then set his right hand upon the left and felt nothing. Argilus was then certain this game was a game, but now he was The World. He could be anyone he wanted. No one could know who he was, or who he used to be. This was his turn to give himself a new way of living, and pretend his real life was no more.

Now giving a bit of a smirk, he began walking towards the group.

Shadow

Post by Shadow » Sun Mar 30, 2003 6:14 am

It was night, when all player's were talking, then at 12, then at that exact moment the chaos gate was activide, all of the player's were looking to the gate, when the something came from the darknest, a player that was a bit of dedly looking. This player look's like if he's been here all the newbies said, but what they don't know was that he was to a newbie. A so dedly newbie that not one of them want to talk to him, then hi go and sit in the center, were there were a fountain, and after one hour of being there a newbie was deside, to go and talk to him, the newbie said "who are you" and looking at the eyes of the player like if he could look into he soul, I said "I am the dark one the lider of The Dark Soldier's, Shadow, but don't fear, we are good people, looking to kill those who are evil.

After that, Shadow stay over there waiting for someone to talk to him..............

Kurai
Long Arm

Post by Kurai » Sun Mar 30, 2003 8:05 am

A bright flash of light filled Kurai's eyes, as he logged in to The World. He blinked a few times, then stepped away from the Chaos Gate, and toward the crowded streets of Mac Anu in front of him. He looked all around, at many of the people passing him by. Most of them were wearing flashy colors, and carrying nice weapons... both of which he didnt have. Kurai stopped, as he reached the middle of a bridge. He looked over the side, to see a crystal clear river flowing beneath him. "Wow... The scenery is so beautiful. This game was worth buying, just for that alone.." He looked up into the sky, watching a small bird flutter from one rooftop to another.

Kurai came out of his daze when a twin blade bumped into him, walking across the bridge. "Oh, sorry.." Kurai said, hoping he wasn't in the way. The Twin Blade just ignored him. He shrugged, as he watched the Silver-haired user walk away, and finally disappear into the crowd. "Hmm, i guess not everyone has the time to be polite..." He stretched his arms, holding his spear in his hands behind his back. "well, how about i try a field? I have to see what the big hype is about this game..."

Kurai slowly walked back to the Chaos Gate, and stood in front of it. "Hmm, now where to go? Im not really sure on how this works, but ill give it a try." He accessed a list of keywords, and strung the top three together. "Hmm, Bursting Passed Over Aqua Field? Sounds good to me." He accepted, and closed his eyes as he faded from view.
-/Treeweaver//Hunting Guard//Spirit Hauberk//Cave bear Hood//Time Sandals/-
-/Juk Doom//RaJuk Rom//MeJuk Kruz//RaJuk Zot//Dek Juka//Phal Repth//Rip Synk//Ap Do/-

Xane

Post by Xane » Sun Mar 30, 2003 9:51 am

Logging in...Connected....

A brief flash at the Chaos Gate, and a figure steps forward a few steps. His eyes sweeping over the town, Xane takes in the sights of Mac Anu, Delta Server's Root Town.

So, this is Mac Anu. He thinks to himself. Well, I guess my first order of business is to find someone who can give me some usefull keywords. I must become stronger; I will become stronger.

With that, he begins to walk towards the inn, ignoring the looks he gets from other players. Stepping inside, he stops at the bar to pick up a drink; something strong, yet not too strong that would dull his senses. He then eases himself down into a chair at a table in the corner, his cold, brown eyes sweeping across the room over his drink, looking for anyone who might yield useful information.