Enter the World through the Theta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

The Places Between: Spirits of Wood and Darkness Clash

Post by Nighthand » Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:58 pm

(OOC: posting a new topic, simply because the two of us are on many times a day, and we don't want to flood the main thread with out battle. if this is a bad idea, go ahead and delete it, i have the post saved.)

Nighthand and Zavier appeared in another place. Or perhaps, it was not so much another place, as it was another time, in another reality. Nighthand could still sense Kurai and the others, as if they were still in the same room… But the room was empty.

The room was also… Odd. It was clearly meant to be separate from any other realm. It was less a room than it was a field. There was no dungeon to be seen, anywhere. The field was a mishmash of other fields. Areas of it were dark, while others were shining in the sunlight. The ground was odd, parts of it cracked and covered in magma, while others, sometimes adjacent to those spots, were lush forests. It was as if all of the fields of The World had been smashed together, into one. Truly, a neutral ground.

Nighthand and Zavier floated on a platform, much like a duel arena. Made of stones larger than either of the players, it floated with no visible support. Below them, between them and the ground, were two more identical platforms. The first was about a two story drop from their current platform, and the second was another two stories down, and from there, it was a simple leap to the ground.

Nighthand took all this in, in a flash as he appeared. His enhanced perceptions allowed him to see more than Zavier was likely to see, even were he looking. But the enraged warrior was looking for one thing, and one thing only. Nighthand’s demise.

Nighthand leapt off the warrior’s back as soon as they appeared, kicking off and sending Zavier sprawling forwards. Both warriors rolled, coming to their feet at opposite ends of the platform. Warily, they faced each other. Nighthand drew his Magnifier.

This blade… it may not be enough. I need more power, something I can control absolutely. I need a blade of darkness.

Nighthand pushed himself. It would do no good to pine for a blade now. Perhaps he could manipulate the elements below, but he would have to rely on his own senses now. The others, the list of legends, were no longer there. Only Arra and the SDRP were there, and they felt distant, as if they were still with the other players…

“Zavier! I don’t want to have to fight you, but I will destroy you if I must. Believe me, if you turn now, we can return without needless loss of energy! Please, Zavier.”

Nighthand hoped for a reply, but braced himself for an attack either way.

Zavier_D
Awakened Player

Post by Zavier_D » Sat Mar 20, 2004 5:06 am

The Wood Dragon Warrior was angry. He had almost attacked Nighthand…but now he was in this place, this nonexistence substance. There was fire and water and sand and dirt and trees and dead trees…everything that he had ever seen in the World now seemed to flow together, as if it were meant to be that way. Overhead he could see a sun, a moon, stars, half moons, eclipsed suns…it was mind boggling. How had Nighthand been able to move him to this place, especially at the moment that he did. It had taken him little to no time…that had to mean that they weren’t too far away from the dungeon h had just escaped from. But The Wood Warrior also knew that even if that were the case, he still did not know how to get back. He would have to be careful…otherwise, he might suffer dire consequences. This game would have to be played right. But, given all this and what had happened…

That really wasn’t why he was angry.

Nighthand stood away from him, of equal level, improved slightly, yet The Wood Warrior knew he could defeat him. With the powers of the other dragons held by him, he had a continuous supply of mega-energy…at least for a while. And his wings would definitely give him an advantage over Nighthand. But Nighthand just sat there watching him, expecting him to make the first move. The arrogance! He made him angry just thinking about it.

“Nighthand, just so that things can go more smoothly…I think you should know the name of your destroyer. My name is Scythe. I have lived for a long time…indeed, as young Zavier found out, I am the oldest of the Dragons…save for one, but that is not important yet. That fool has been using my power to his will for a long time…but now, I may do as I please!” He jumped into his air, the green aura following his body wherever he went. He flew into the air, and began to levitate, his massive green wings supporting his body. He looked down at Nighthand, who could only look. “But, regardless, I want you to know something. Don’t think that when I kill you, as I will that you will simply reappear. When I kill you, I will make sure that your entire persona ceases to exist…meaning…” He began to unsheathe his Treeblade, and energy crackled around him. Not only did the Treeblade have its own aura, but his aura that surrounded his body began to infuse itself into him as well. He would utilize some of Zavier’s best techniques…he would destroy this fool warrior.

“Nighthand, let’s go!” Scythe used all 4 wings to beat towards Nighthand. He brought his Treeblade into the Batojutsu stance, and brought his sheath up as well. Soon he was in Double Batojutsu, and he was spiraling towards Nighthand. He would come down, both items coming into an x patter. If Nighthand tried to dodge, he would hit the ground and spring at Nighthand even faster, definitely reaching him. If Nighthand tried to attack, his sheath in his left arm would come up to block it, and his Treeblade would finish the job. He was aiming for Nighthand’s knees ultimately…if he couldn’t use his knees, he would be severely weakened.

As he began to form his attack, death itself moved from his presence.
Level:33
SP: 170
Skills:Rue Crack/Rue Revolver/Ap Ganz/ Rip Synk
Equipment: Heavenly Sword/ Grand Armor/ Forester Helm/ Rusted Hands/ Flare Guard/Thunder Cloak
Items:1 Sprite Ocarnia/3 Healing Drinks/Komura/Head Gear/5 Ressurect/2 Knight's Bane/1 Vak Rom/1 Rue Rom
Dragons: Wood, Bronze, Iron, Water

http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/DIVER ... c=6055&hl=

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:06 am

"Sythe..." Nighthand said the name aloud, but to himself. The Warrior was no longer Zavier. Meaning, he wouldn't be able to predict all of his attacks, and wouldn't be able to feel Him in quite the same way.

Master... Do not forget us, we still remain with you.

I will not, Shard. Trust me, i will call upon you soon enough.

Scythe went off on some wild tangent, talking about how utter and complete Nighthand's destruction would be. Sounds like one of those washed-up hackers that Garaa commands. Not that any of them could kill me... this Scythe character shouldn't be much harder to beat; especially without some gigantic and unkillable monster at his command.

The Warrior of Wood flew into the air, surrounded by green. His four wings flaring, holding him in the sky, he seemed to gloat over the Heavy Blade, showing off his air superiority. not that it mattered much, they wouldn't long be fighting where the air was an advantage.

The warrior eased into his stance, diving at Nighthand, his blade and scabbard both ready to slice. Nighthand grimaced. This isn't going to be quite as easy as i had planned. Ah well...

Nighthand closed his eyes. All around him he could feel the forces of The World, held in balance. Each element was represented, all equally. The slab of stone beneath his feet radiated auras of Earth and Fire, the elements that had gone into melting it smooth and holding it in the air. Smiling, Nighthand could sense the figure of the four-winged dragon swoping in on him.

Enhanced as his perceptions were, Nighthadn was on a natural high. Almost like he had used a speed charm, he could feel the energy in his muscles ready to be realeased. His smile widened as the dragon seemed to slow ever so slightly. Arra and the Legends were helping him a little, behind the scenes. They didn't contact him, but he could feel their powers slowly merging with his own, making him faster. Obviously they couldn't power him up intensly, maxing his strength and speed and magic, they could only do one at a time. And right now, they sensed his need for speed, and did what they could to help.

Doing as many things in the space of a few second as he could, Nighthand prepared for the attack. He pulled a small item from his pack with one hand, and gestured with the other. Manipulating the energies of the rock below him, he made sever small loopholes along the sides and underside. Mentally, he ordered Shard to manifest itself slightly. The Cerberus tattoo on his body moved slightly, and the long, thin, whip-like tail emerged from Nighthand's body, as if it was part of him. It slithered it's way off the edge of the stone, tightening on something. Nighthand whispered quietly to himself, his smile returning.

"Ap Do." he said, in four voices at once.

Then, all at once, the attack struck. Scythe, feeling confident that he had already incapacitated his opponent before he had even struck, was astounded to find that Nighthand was no longer there. In his place was a vial, hovering in midair and shuddering. Before the Dragon-Warrior could react, the glass exploded, sending a fine mist of Knight's Bane coating the Wood Warrior's skin and lowering his skin's natural thoughness.

Not wasting a moment, Scythe hit, bounced, and flew from the place where Nighthand had been, off the edge of the stone and under it. There he saw Nighthand, hanging by the tail and one hand from the loopholes he had made. Instantly, as soon as the wooden warrior appeared, Nighthand unleashed another item, sending a bolt of thunder directly from his palm to Scythe. The bolt struck, doing little damage, but leaving him sightless for an instant.

In that instant, Nighthand kicked off the underside of the slab, doing a flip and landing in a crouch on the next slab down. Still with his eyes closed, Nighthand raised his Magnifier over his head and waited for the dragon to attack once again, the smile never leaving his face.

(OOC: -insert obligatory taunt here-)

Zavier_D
Awakened Player

Post by Zavier_D » Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:29 am

Scythe cursed himself for his ignorance. He should have known better, he should have anticipated better. He was a fool for thinking that Nighthand had nothing planned…that he wouldn’t utilize every tool to his advantage. He had flown at the fighter, laughing inside, not even paying full attention; he had been gloating over the fact that he would surprise and outmaneuver him with a flying attack. And as he reached him…

Everything fell apart.

Nighthand was not even there. He had obviously cast an Ap Do spell…there was no other explanation. Otherwise, Scythe was sure that he could follow his movements. But he had moved so fast…and in his place was a bottle. Scythe recognized it immediately, but too late; the bottle was a Night’s Bane, already cast, and given to him. He was coated in its essence, and he could feel his skin’s essence drop; not extremely, but enough to make a difference. His arrogance should have stopped there…but he was driven by rage. He bounded right off of the side, trying to get a surprise attack. But then, he should have known that Nighthand would be sitting there, waiting for him as he showed up. Scythe wasn’t sure what spell he used, but it blinded him for just a few moments. And now he stood, looking upon Nighthand, who held his Magnifier before him, his eyes closed, a smirk on his face.

Scythe slowly made his way down onto the platform. “He utilized everything in that attack…he anticipated what I would do before I did it. I guess he knew Zavier better than I thought. And look at him now; he’s standing there, his eyes closed. But why would he keep his eyes closed? Doesn’t he understand that it would put him at a disadvantage…hmm; it would reduce his sight but increase his other senses. So, that’s what he did. Well then, I guess I’ll just have to turn this fight up another notch.”

Scythe called upon his power and his aura began to glow once more. He could feel the power waxing within him, its full strength dominating everything else. Nighthand was not the only person who could utilize perception to such an extreme. Zavier always used his perception skills to fill even the slightest vibration in the air…and now, they would see who was more in tune. He had already planned the attack he would use; all it needed was some completely perfect timing. He felt himself at his full power…and he struck his sword into the pillar.

Sections of rock came up, and Scythe focused all his energy on maintaining them in the air. He would need them if he were to perform this correctly. He stood with his Treeblade in his right hand, 5 blocks of stone at his left. He was ready, and he let the attack fly.

He ran towards Nighthand, trying to close the distance between them. Nighthand obviously felt him coming and braced himself…just as Scythe wanted. He threw his sword at him horizontally, the blade slicing through the air and leaving a green residue. Nighthand quickly dodged to his left, and Scythe smiled. He then let loose the stones, each one about .3 seconds after the other. Nighthand smirk turned into a look of concentration as he was forced to move back towards the left as the stones came. He opened his eyes, only to see Scythe rushing towards him. He jumped into the air, escaping the stones, and Scythe knew he had them. Less than a second later he had reached the spot where Nighthand had been standing and leaped into the air, his wings carrying him fast through the air. Just as he almost reached where Nighthand was, his sword came back to him, the Boomerang attack that he had used only against Xeromessiah coming into play. As his sword reached him he laid himself horizontal, letting the momentum of a beating of his wings take him.

“Life Revolver!”

The green energy submerged his body, focusing itself on his sword. The sword seemed to pulsate in energy as Scythe’s body began to turn. It moved like a saw, and it had just reached Nighthand’s position. Nighthand brought his Magnifier up to the attack. He blocked 2, 3, and 4 of the hits…but, his Magnifier not strong enough against the modified Jinsaran, his hand was moved out of position. The Treeblade come into him, injuring him in his torso. Scythe stopped spinning and floated in the air, Nighthand having been forced to return to the stone.

“Nighthand, understand something…in this World, I am a god!”

(OOC: Your move.)
Equipment: Heavenly Sword/ Grand Armor/ Forester Helm/ Rusted Hands/ Flare Guard/Thunder Cloak
Items:1 Sprite Ocarnia/3 Healing Drinks/Komura/Head Gear/5 Ressurect/2 Knight's Bane/1 Vak Rom/1 Rue Rom

Zavier_D
Awakened Player

Post by Zavier_D » Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:29 am

Disregard this, it seems to have posted twice...

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:07 pm

Nighthand blocked what he could of Scythe's attack, but it did him no good. every strike was as powerful as the last, and they came too quickly for him to stop it.

Instead, Nighthand let himself go. He took a hit, two, three; thin slices across his chest. The blade slices easily through his thin low-level armor, his clothing, and the flesh beneath. It bled; not enough to make him lose strength, but enough to sting when he moved. It would be an annoyance, but not one he couldn't bear.

Once again Nighthand found himself on the stone platform, near the edge, as Scythe hovered in front of him. Glancing around quickly, Nighthand took in his surroundings before Scythe could attack again.

"Scythe, you are not a god. Wryneck, Lanceor, Vulcan; THEY are gods. you're power is nothing to them."

Closing his eyes again, Nighthand could still see his foe, an aura of green, riddled with black cracks. Wood, rotting from the inside.

Smiling, Nighthand straightened. Scythe, unsure what he would pull nest, watched from in the air.

Spreading his arms out to the sides, Nighthand fell backwards.

Surprised, but cautious, remembering what happened last time, Scythe flew to the edge and peered over. Just in time to see Nighthand, landing on the lowest stone platform, run to the far edge and leap off.

Nighthand, knowing his opponent could sense him whatever he did, knew that hiding wouldn't be easy. Especially where he had landed.

He was in one of the fire sections of the field, a place covered with molten Lava and hardened rock. He didn't have much room to manuever, but the heat radiating from the rocks and lava made the air waver, making it hard to see exactly where he was, making precise attacks from long distance impossible.

Posing himself in defense, Nighthand waited for the possessed Zavier to attack again.

Zavier_D
Awakened Player

Post by Zavier_D » Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:55 am

If anything, Nighthand was obviously a skilled fighter. He had the ability to feel the vibrations in the air, but after Scythe’s last show, Scythe showed that he had that ability as well. And, smartly, he had given up that skill…to take Scythe’s away as well. The heat that radiated from that portion of the filed was wavy, enough so to distill vibrations in just about anything. That served to make it very difficult to get a precise reading and feel of the situation. It meant that Scythe would have to focus more on his sight…and, although his sight was very good, it still wasn’t the same as having his mind pick things out of the air. Nighthand stood there, waiting for him, in a defensive position. Scythe hesitated.

What attack should he do?

It wasn’t that he was afraid of getting hurt; needless to say, he knew that in a fight such as this, the likelihood of him receiving some injury was very high. What gave him cause of concern was the fact that the fight could only last so long, because after a while his sway over the other dragons would undoubtedly falter, and his immense supply of energy might fall away. He had to defeat Nighthand quickly. He came to the ground, his wings keeping him lifted up barely 3 inches from the ground. He placed the Treeblade in front of him, and began to spin around his body. Zavier had used this attack in a duel against Silk, and it had been done pretty well. The blade spun around him, his tossing and receiving it the blade between his right hand and his left hand seamless. It was a good technique for offense and defense; it could aid the fighter in attacking far with power and speed, or it could help to block any incoming attack because of its speed. He used his wings to burst him forwards, spiraling as he did so, the blade spiraling around him. As he reached Nighthand’s position, he swung so that his back was facing him and soared into the air. Nighthand had jumped back, and Scythe performed a backwards flip, allowing his weight to bring his blade down even faster.

He laughed in joy, knowing that his blade would soon break the fighter apart…

Inside Scythe

Zavier stood in his unconsciousness, his eyes wide. All he could see…was chaos. He saw the Green Dragon attached to the Water Dragon, feeding off its energy, and he could see the other dragons in cages. Bahamut sat in the middle, surrounded in a cage made of vines and branches. Zavier quickly rushed towards him, and Bahamut saw him.

“Bahamut…what happened?”

“I don’t know. I think Kurai’s strain over him was stronger than we thought…in any case, he’s fighting Nighthand right now.”

“Nighthand…alright Bahamut, we have to stop this. What should I do?”

“I don’t know…I haven’t dealt with this type of problem before. If we think about it, I’m sure that we can figure it out…”

Come to the Twilight.

“Bahamut, did you hear that?” Zavier looked around, sure that he had heard that voice calling for him yet again.

“I heard something…what it was, I have no idea…Look, Zavier! Into the distance!”

Zavier turned to where Bahamut pointed, and saw a light in the distance. IT seemed far away…but Zavier thought that he could reach it. He turned back towards Bahamut, who was looking at him intently. “Bahamut…I’m going to see what that is. Perhaps it could help save me…I’d rather destroy this body then to let Scythe misuse the dragons.

“I understand Zavier, and Godspeed!”

Zavier turned towards the light and ran, leaving the dragons to fight for themselves, just for a while longer…

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:46 pm

Hmm... odd trick, a modified Death Bringer, like a heavy blade, adding in flight... not bad...

Nighthand realized that scythe was slowly adding more and more power and speed to his attacks... so he would have to as well.

As the blade came hurdling at him from the sky, with the full weight and speed of Scythe behind it, Nighthand saw in a flash how to stop it.

The blades power was immense, but with all the speed Scythe had, he couldn't possibly shift enough in direction...

Nighthand called a bit more deeply upon the Twelve, and sacrificed even more of his strength in favor of speed. Going from a crouched position where he had landed after avoiding the first attack, he rocketed forward, rolling as soon as his third step hit. His somersault took him nearly into the lava, but he was ready.

Scythe's attack struck the place he used to be, as Nighthand leapt over the lava and into another element's section of the field; Darkness.

Feeling finally at home, Nighthand drew power from the field and cloaked himself in darkness. dashing to one of the massive skeletons dotting the area, he blended himself perfectly with it's leg bones.

Scythe, still cautious of the elemental change, entered the area. Slowly, he advanced on the skeleton. Then, in a burst of speed, he slashed into the bone Nighthand had disappeared into.

No longer there at all, Nighthand revealed himself and kicked off from the skull. His magnifier raised over his head, he started flipping, becoming a buzzsaw blade of fire. Pumping Vak from his blade and Ani from the area around him, a dark flame surrounded him. Even if he missed the blademaster, wherever he hit would cause a shockwave of AniVak that would wash over him, and his innate control would focus the power into where it struck, effectivly striking him on a miss.

Zavier_D
Awakened Player

Post by Zavier_D » Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:44 am

Scythe cursed, his modified attack going unaccounted. Nighthand, drawing on the power of his…whatever they were, was extremely fast when he wanted to be. Zavier’s body, especially with the infusion of the dragons and the added fluidity of his wings gave him incredible speed, in air or on land, and yet Nighthand had managed to avoid him. And to top it all off, Nighthand had jumped into the Darkness section of the field. It was no secret to Scythe that Nighthand was a manipulator of the elements, Darkness being one of his primaries. He could feel the energy pulsating around him. However, Scythe would not be known for fleeing from an enemy, and so he slowly made his way towards that section of the field. He had seen Nighthand dash behind…into…with one of the skeletons. He made his way to, and quickly slashed at it with his Treeblade, the aftershock of his attack sending the skeleton into the abyss.

However, Nighthand was not there. In a surprise he kicked off the skull of the skeleton and began to spin, his Magnifier beginning to burn. However, in that moment when his blade began to burn, darkness began to surround him. A darkness flame enraptured his body, and he came down upon Scythe. Scythe had been caught unaware, and brought his blade up to block. The resulting clash sent a shockwave through the system, the field changing color slightly. When the spinning of code fixed itself and went away, Scythe’s muscles were straining against Nighthand, whose wings held him in air as all of his power was directed at Scythe. Scythe’s muscles burned as energy surged through him, but for all the energy he called upon…the energy he needed and received…

It was not enough.

“NO!” he screamed as his muscles failed him, allowing his sword’s intensity to drop. Nighthand’s power overwhelmed him, and as the blade slashed into his black, his body was surrounded with fire that burned like the deepest night.

“AHHHH!!!”

Inside Scythe

Zavier ran as fast as he could. He didn’t have wings, so he couldn’t fly to his destination. However, he could move as fast as possible. The light was getting brighter and brighter, and soon Zavier found himself unable to go any further. In front of him was…a circle of light, surrounded by a ring of light. The lights were many colors, and only the central white light was stationary.

“Zavier. Finally, you have come to me. I have heard your cries for help…I have seen your pain. I have seen everything that you have gone through, and I have hoped for this moment for a long time.”

Zavier looked at the light, barely able to see through his squinting eyes. It was brighter than anything he had ever been in the presence of.

“My lady…who are you?”

“Who am I? I…am many things. I am what you see before you, the essence of light. I am also…a piece of data, with numbers and symbols and lines. I am many things…but for now, that is not important. I come…to offer you a way to save yourself, and your dragons, from this corruption of Scythe.”

“How was he created? The Wood Dragon is one of my most trusted Dragons, the oldest that I have. How is it that he came to be driven mad, and the essence of the Wood Dragon Warrior tainted?”

“Remember, you did not defeat the Wood Dragon Warrior to receive the Wood Dragon. When you first showed evidence of access to the power, it was given to you. The Wood Dragon Warrior was simply at rest…until Kurai’s wood power came into being. However, he isn’t the sole reason. The Dragons, as of right now, are tainted with the memories of their former masters…of their former selves if you will.”

“I see,” Zavier said as he looked down. That would explain…many things. The emotions that ran through his mind when he transformed, the strategy, and the memories of battles fought. “Wait…if we destroy these memories, won’t I, in using the powers, be reduced?”

“Not in the sense you are thinking. It’s not so much that they are there, but that a reflection of which they were is present. All that is needed is for us to take out those parts of them…with my proposition. With my help, we can destroy Scythe once and for …all. Tell me Zavier…how much do you love your dragons? I give you the chance of redemption, and a new form of power…but, for the sake of all, what if I were to ask you to…what’s this!?”

Suddenly, green lines began to line around the circle of light, surrounding her.

Bahamut saw as the Wood Dragon lurched in pain, obviously to an attack. It fluctuated for a moment…just for a moment, quickly regaining control of it. However, now, it looked towards Bahamut, a smile on its face.

“It knows.”

Zavier almost fell over from the tremor that almost knocked him over. What ever was happening outside was intense…he only hoped that his body could hold out in one piece. However, he soon looked back towards the light…and his eyes widened. She was in a Green cage, suspended in the air, and she looked as though she could not leave. And to her left…was the image of a fighter clad in green.

“Scythe.”

“The Legendary Zavier Dragonus. So…it was you who began to meddle around here. And here you have a special guest.” He slowly flew over to the image, the green light blocking most of her brightness. “So, you were going to show him how to defeat me?”

“Scythe, leave her alone. You invaded my body and took over. Had you not the arrogance you…”

“How dare you! You stole us from our homes! The Dragons were in the beginning, and you thought you could simply use our powers as you wished! We can destroy you…and we will!” He wielded his Treeblade, his power swirling around him.

Zavier pulled up his Jinsaran. “Twilight, how can you help me?”

“What if you gave up…the dragons?”

As Scythe came to Zavier, Zavier’s mind split into many different places.

Give up…my dragons?

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:28 pm

Scythe seemed distracted, somehow, as Nighthand continued to pummel him.

Fading in and out of the Night section of the field, Nighthand was constantly using his powers. Wrapping the darkness around him, letting him disappear from view. Causing ripples from other directions, making his opponent think he was where he wasn't. Adjusting his speed and power ratios, shifting his physical abilities so he was as fast as a twin blade, then suddenly as powerful as a heavy axe. Striking Scythe from angles he couldn't possibly expect.

Nighthand certainly wasn't going to let this opportunity go to waste.

Adjusting his speed, making himself faster than seemingly possible, Nighthand ran around behind Scythe. Already, the aura of power around the blademaster was fading, his inner strength diminishing. Nighthand's, however, seemed ever increasing as he soaked up the power of the darkness around him.

Striking out at his back, Nighthand hoped to somehow incapacitate Scythe, but the blademaster spun on his wings, his sword there in time to block the blow. Nighthand dove back, hiding in the shadows again, as the blademaster struck out where he had been moments before.

"He's fast... even distracted, he's fast."

Nighthand dove literally under the blademaster, rolling and coming up, a rising strike at the warriors wings. His blade tore through tendons and bone, nearly severing the wing from it's position on the player's back. the blademaster screamed in pain and spun, his blade biting into Nighthand's shoulder.

Nighthand followed the swing, rolled off to the side, invisible once again.

Now, Nighthand watched the blademaster, wildly hacking at the surroundings. anything that stood, that moved in the wind, he attacked, slicing it apart. Nighthand waited for his chance, shifting his speed to power.

Revealing himself for an instant, Nighthand attracted the attention of the baldemaster. he instantly rocketed at Nighthand, slashing before he ever arrived. Nighthand sidestepped, and spotted the blademasters mistake.

He was still taking into account the speed his other wing gave him, even though it was disabled, and he didn't have the turnign speed required to dodge another attack. Striking down from behind, Nighthand realized just as he swung that if he continued, his blow would chop the blademaster in two.

Quickly, Nighthand shifted most of his power into speed, and shifted the blade in his hands, so the flat of the magnifier slammed into the back of the blademasters head.

Before him, the baldemaster crumpled. there was still enough power in the blow to knock him unconscious.

Nighthand sighed, releasing his power, becoming visible once again. Slumping over, he dug his sword into the ground to support him. At his feet, Zavier was out cold, his body once again that of the blademaster, not the warrior of wood. Nighthand kept a wary eye on him though, should he awaken. And through his mind, one thing echoed.

"Is it over?"

Zavier_D
Awakened Player

Post by Zavier_D » Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:07 am

Zavier’s Jinsaran burned red hot as Scythe’s tree blade burned with wood fever, a peculiar green fire burning through its course. Their eyes were locked, each fighter determined to destroy the other. They were fighting inside of the character known as Zavier/Scythe, seemingly at the same time that Scythe was fighting Nighthand. The image of Twilight, the voice that had been speaking to Zavier still lay in a cage, the green vines snaking their way in constantly moving patterns. Obviously, the vines were moving to continually mask and usurp the ever changing momentum of the power that coursed through this figure of Twilight. Zavier only hoped she was alright, realizing that all of his attention would have to be placed on Scythe if he wanted to win.

Most of Scythe’s power was still aimed at the fighter outside, his battle with Nighthand calling all of his wit and power. Indeed, Zavier had once met with Nighthand, and he knew the dangers of fighting against him with your mind placed at two different tasks. Nonetheless, the Scythe inside of this “mind” of Zavier’s still had enough will and power to equal that of Zavier’s, and Zavier had to exploit each movement.

Scythe brought out his wings, pushing them to give them strength against Zavier. He felt the increased rush of strength and energy and stepped backwards, slightly slipping. Scythe followed his attack with a roll of his body, bringing his sword to finish off Zavier. Zavier quickly made a decision and brought his blade up, blocking the attack. However, it helped in knocking him to the ground, and he deftly rolled out of the way as a blade came down to silence him. As he jumped into the air he performed a Vak Revolver, his blade’s fire energy slicing and enveloping his body. Scythe smiled as he performed his Life Revolver, the wood pulsating with green energy. As their blades met, sparks flew, and the space around them rippled. Zavier kept his body turning on track, knowing that if he were to falter, it would be the end of him. He couldn’t risk getting cut in half…there was no telling what would happen to him if he died. However, something happened that made him extremely happy. Scythe seemed to flinch for an instance, and Zavier felt his power fluctuate slightly. He used that to his advantage, performing an attack that utilized all of the fire energy that was still reserved for his Vak attack. The energy exploded as it raced towards his body, and Scythe faltered under the attack. He was knocked backwards, and hit the ground hard, rolling away as Zavier came down.

“Scythe…it seems that you are having some trouble right now. What’s the matter; can’t fight two battles at once?” Zavier laughed, trying to keep his breath so that he wouldn’t pass out. Truth be told, the power that was being given to him through the dragons was more than enough to equal Zavier’s power.

“How…dare you. You will not retake that which I have laid claim to. I am the Prince of the Dragons, and I will not be denied!”

“Then…let’s finish this Scythe.” Scythe came at Zavier, his Treeblade pulsing in power. Zavier studied him as he had learned to do, making sure he understood his enemy perfectly. He was positive…that the aura around Scythe as lowering.

The almighty fighter was running on borrowed power.

As Scythe rushed towards him Zavier initiated is single Batojutsu stance, holding his sword in its ready position. The trick with the move was that you could not take your eyes off of your enemy. Scythe, however, quickly changed into a Gatotsu stance, and rushed at Zavier. Zavier brought his sword in a quick slash, and followed it up with a spiral slash. Scythe however had blocked the first attack and changed into a horizontal slash. Their blades met again, and Zavier shifted his feet, trying to get a better position. They fought in what seemed in a tornado, their weapons elements, Fire and Wood, spiraling around them, each attack coming harder than the last one. Zavier wished that he could break the Treeblade, but knew it was impossible. The Treeblade was linked directly in ways to his Jinsaran…if he broke it, he could damage his sword. Scythe flipped backwards, allowing his wings to suspend him in air. He brought his arms forwards, and green energy pulsed around his hands. He shot the blast at Zavier, and Zavier changed into a stance he had developed in a duel with one of his members called Silk. His blade swung around his body at an incredible rate, and he held it before him, constantly spinning his sword. The blast hit hard, and Zavier’s muscles began to tighten as he felt it push against his strength. Scythe pushed even harder, the veins in his arms beginning to beat hard.

“NO!” Zavier screamed as energy surged through him. His blade exploded in fire, sending a feedback wave through Scythe’s blast. Both fighters were hit by the respective blasts, and Zavier fell into the ground, Scythe slamming into the wall. Zavier’s body ached more than it ever had. He was losing strength as well, Scythe’s take over of his body taking away his reserves. He wanted to lay there, to sleep, and he wanted everything to be ok when he awoke…but he knew that wouldn’t be the case. There was a reason the Twilight had saw fit to talk to him now, when Scythe was threatening to take the dragons over, threatening to destroy him as well. He forced himself to get up, his muscles on the verge of buckling. As he got up, he saw Scythe in a similar condition, his aura almost completely gone. His body would shake at various times as whatever happened outside went against him.

“Scythe…I don’t…know why you had to do this. The Wood Dragon was one of my first…I would never…”

“You made us. You…I didn’t have a choice. I was forced to be your slave.” Scythe’s wings began to beat, and he stood up, energy surrounding him.

“I can’t defend myself against another attack like that…” Zavier thought, trying to mask the apparent lack of strength he had.

“I won’t be your slave again, beckoning to your every whim…you will understand what it means to go against a GOD!” Scythe began to walk towards Zavier, each step taking him faster and closer to Zavier.

“No….I…can’t,” Zavier thought as he readied himself, his Batojutsu stance the only thing he could think of. He saw Scythe rushing towards him, he saw the fear in Scythe’s eyes, and knew it was mirrored in his.

This…could be it for either of them.

“I tried Nighthand…and I’m sorry…” he thought as Scythe reached him. As Scythe brought his sword down, Zavier brought his sword in a slash. Their swords met…and Zavier’s flew out of his hand, his arm not having the strength to bear it any longer. Scythe smiled and spun, gathering momentum. He performed a small jump into the air and came down. “Goodbye…World,” Zavier thought as he closed his eyes…

But the blow never came.

Zavier opened his eyes…to see Scythe wear an expression of complete horror on his face. His armor…began to turn a dark brown, as if…it were dying.

“This…is not possible…curse you, Night….” He said as he fell to the ground, his Treeblade falling and sticking into the ground by his side. Zavier collapsed to the ground, gasping for breath, and silently saying 3 words.

“Thank you…Nighthand.”

A few moments later, warmth began to spread throughout Zavier’s body. He looked up, aware that he had blanked out for a short while. Their floated the image of Twilight, the cage that once imprisoned her on the ground, destroyed.

“Zavier…you have been through much. The Dragons are recovering in their respective holds. Scythe, your enemy, lies unconscious on the ground, most of his power destroyed. You have won.”

“Twilight, I thank you…but at what cost? Was he not linked to the Wood Dragon? Because of this, I fear the Wood Dragon…”

“Fear not Zavier. He was a part of the dragon, true, but as you defeated the masters of the other dragons, they fell silent. So shall it happen with this. It is the cycle of the warriors who gain the powers of Dragons.

“Do you remember, Zavier, when I asked you about giving up your dragons?”

Zavier’s heart began to beat quicker. He didn’t know…what to think.

“I do…why did you propose such a thing? I have been with the dragons since the beginning…they are a part of me now. I can’t imagine myself without them.”

“Zavier…I can offer you a way to make sure that the dragons become completely healed, and that the incident that happened because of Kurai today will not happen again.”

”Then tell me…how? I want nothing but happiness for my dragons, in any way I can give them.”

“Then…look here.”

Zavier felt something inside of him disappear, and before him lay his cloak. He had used it greatly once before, and had varied his use of it lately. However, he had always kept it with him…he had acquired it in the beginning.

Suddenly, energy began to swirl around it. Zavier could hear the echoes of the sounds of his dragons echoing throughout his mind.

“For this Zavier…you must go into The World.”

Zavier awoke, feeling a bruise on the back of his head. Nighthand was a few paces away, looking intently at him. He could tell the fighter was damaged severely. The fight had taken a heavy toll on his body. “Nighthand, don’t worry, it’s me Zavier. Don’t be afraid of what you are about to see…”

Suddenly white light enveloped both fighters. Zavier felt his body refreshed, the pain he had received slowly washing away. He knew that Nighthand was being healed by the same light, and so he paid attention only to the light that was in front of him. He saw his cape swirling with power...and then a question came.

“Zavier…you will receive something. The next stage of your growth has come. However…you must allow your dragons to heal…and that shall take a great amount of time.”

Zavier felt his insides ripping asunder. He could feel the question coming…and he wanted to hide from it.

“Zavier Dragonus, Dragon Knight of the Descending Host. You have served well…and yet, because of events none of us could have foretold, you must answer the question. You told me that your wish was for the Dragons to be happy. Therefore, I ask you Zavier…will you give up your Dragons? The Dragons that have been with you from your 2nd quest in this World…your friends, your family. Will you given them over to the Twilight, so that we may make them right again?”

Zavier tried to speak…but he could not utter a word. He simply nodded, and the image of Twilight seemed to accept it. He felt the dragons stirring within him, and then slowly they reverted to what they were…the symbols of the dragon she had acquired appeared in front of him.

“Wood, Bronze, Iron, and Water.” As the image spoke, the symbols became imprinted on the cloak. “And the Dragons you had not acquired yet…” The symbols of Fire, Storm, and Ether appeared as well from somewhere, and imprinted themselves onto the cloak. Zavier could see the essences of each dragon…and he realized that he felt void with out them. They had been a part of him as far as he remembered…and now, in an instant they would be taken away. As energy surrounded the cloak, and as it began to disperse to wherever it meant…two tears, one from each of Zavier’s closed eyes, streamed down his face.

“Goodbye…”

Nighthand stood in silence, watching as the even took place. After a minute, the Twilight spoke to Zavier once again.

“I know Zavier; this is a horrible day for you. However, the council has not felt that you should go alone. Therefore, we offer you this power…we know that it could never take the place of the Dragons, but we hope that it may help.” Suddenly Zavier felt his arms began to tremble. He looked with wide eyes as power wrapped around his hands. His Jinsaran floated before him, energy spiraling through it. Energy from the field that he and Nighthand had dueled spiraled around it, and something began to manifest.

“I give you…the Lake and Sea.” Power erupted from the Jinsaran, and the Lake and Sea; the powerful Blademaster weapon appeared in Zavier’s left hand. “And…I give you the Fire and Sky.” Energy once again spiraled around his body, settling finally into his right hand. The Fire and Sky emerged, and glinted with fire coursing down its length. The Jinsaran in front of him slowly went to his waste, resting in its sheath. Zavier looked at his two swords, and saw the symbols of the 7 dragons resting on each.

“You now have the power that was given to the one you call Asgard by the Twilight. You have become, in his words, a ‘Duelist’. You know have the ability to use two Blademaster swords at once…and, you have been given the Lake and Sea, the Fire and Sky, and you may keep your Jinsaran. The symbols of the Dragons are made into your weapons, as a reminder of the power of the Dragons. We hope…I hope…that in some way, this can help you.”

Zavier held the two blades and felt how natural they were in his hands. “I thank you Twilight…this will help very much.” He looked towards Nighthand, who, to say the least, was surprised. “What do you think Nighthand…new power from the old?”

“However; Zavier, Nighthand, we have not time to waste. I will take you back to the dungeon in which you were with Nighthand. However, I sense disturbances in the room Kurai himself occupies, and so I will place you in the room right before it. Zavier and Nighthand felt themselves turning into data as they streamed back to the dungeon, away from the chaotic field in which they had just fought. Zavier felt Bahamut stirring within him, and knew that everything was alright.

As they appeared back in the dungeon, she spoke to both of them. “Zavier, you can still fly by using Bahamut…however, you wings will not be on you. You will have to utilize the powers when you wish. However, now I must ask you. Do you wish me to leave you here, with Gingitsune’s group of special fighters?”

“I cannot answer for Nighthand Twilight…but, I wish to go to Mac Anu. I must help some other members, those loyal to me, in an endeavor. I appreciate you giving the ability to go there, however.” He turned towards Nighthand, and placed his hand on his shoulder. Not satisfied, he then hugged Nighthand. “I don’t know if I will see you again…but thank you Nighthand. You…you saved me.”

“Anytime Zavier…anytime.”

“Alright, Twilight, I am ready.”

As energy pulsed around Zavier, he looked around the dungeon as well. He didn’t know when he would join the special fighters again…maybe soon, maybe later. Nighthand was fully healed, and ready to go, stronger than ever by the looks of things. Zavier closed his eyes…and he could see his dragons. He saw those he had acquired, and he saw the images of those he had not. As his body turned into data once more, hurtling towards Mac Anu, he had only one thought.

“I will find a way to get you back Dragons….don’t worry, I will find a way.”

(OOC: Ok…good job Nighthand. This does it for me…so, if I get my levels, I’ll be out.)

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:46 am

(at this then, i too am done. i will return to posting in the main thread, in the outer room)

Cypher
Exalted Player

Post by Cypher » Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:17 am

Nighthand ===> 4 levels. + Darkness Hood

Zavier ===> 2 levels + Forester Helm
Wishlist: Ends of Earth (11 BM), Black Sharp Angel Wings, BM Swords (Rare/Common)

New sig coming soon!