Enter the World through the Theta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:41 pm

"Yeah... an explanation would be nice..."

Nighthand glanced around. It looked for all the world like some kind of mad scientist's lair. The onyl thing missing was a frankenstien monster.

His gaze swept over the rabbit, noticing the static in her eyes. Of course, that could be the frankie right there...

"Alright, first, who are you? some kind of hacker? AI? Admin, even?"

I don't think he's Admin, nor hacker, at least, not a hacker that we should fight...

Be quiet, I want to hear this explanation.

"And secondly, what did you to do Hijinx?"

Really, this had better be good... I'm really starting to wonder if I shouldn't just kill everything...

You know that wouldn't solve anything...

Be quiet, you know what I meant.

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:24 pm

Phoenix’s life was in danger once again as the Shinja was about to attack the trapped blademaster. I can’t get all these books off of me before the big snake comes down on me. Suzaku, help me. “I do not think you need my help now. Look.” Phoenix look around the area and saw Nighthand toss a book to Hijinx. He saw the rabbit opened the book and a bright light emerged from the book. The Shinja was being sucked into the book as Phoenix finally managed to stand up from the piles of books.

He saw the rabbit threw the book on a nearby table. Nice place to put a book you managed to lose. "Well Phoenix, since you had to make a mess, you have to clean it up." The rabbit said to the blademaster as she gave a disappointed look. She told Nighthand to come with her and threw a book at Phoenix. He caught the book and look at the title. Gravity and you. Is this your way to taunt me? I was the one who distracted the Shinja while Nighthand was searching for your missing book, Hijinx. I get rewarded with clean up and a book. What kind of host that makes the guest clean up after their mistakes?

“Calm down, Kazuma-sama. You should not waste your energy on her. Let’s try to follow them.” Phoenix and Suzaku approached the iron door and tried to open the door. They had no success. The door must be wielded shut on the other side. I don’t think my powers could even break down the door. Phoenix gave a sigh before continuing his conversation with his guardian.

I hate to admit that the rabbit beat me this time around. I cannot beat her on her rules. Luck and deception can only go so far. Next time, we will fight in a place that she has no control over. “Remember that knowing the rules is half to the key of success. Even the rabbit’s rules have their weak points.” Yes, using their rules to your advantage is the other half to victory. I may have been defeated but the knowledge gain will help me to figure out how to defeat Hijinx one day. Suzaku, since the rabbit doesn’t want me to go on further. Let’s leave this place.

Suzaku transformed back into her necklace disguise and said, “What you going to do with that book?” Phoenix forgot that he was holding on the book in his hand. Oh yeah. I forgot about that book. He threw the book up into the air and began to focus on its gravity book. He increased the gravity so that the book would be torn apart into many pieces. The pieces of paper scattered all around the messy library. Phoenix and his guardian was surrounded by the golden rings and disappeared from the library.

Pandora’s Box. It did had hope after all but not the hope that we needed.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Wish List: Phoenix's Fire, Gold Necklace
EX-Spheres: LV 3 - Overdrive, LV 3 - Curative, LV 3 - Elemental Breath

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:10 pm

Falling back into his wheeled chair, the man breathed out heavily and tried to regain his composure. The situation had just gone out of his control and he wasn't much good at lying. The only clear answer was to be as honest as he could. Leaning back and stretching his legs he gave an exasperated puff. The player was looking pretty impatient.

"I assure you I'm not AI or an admin... I'm a scientist. My "job" is to monitor that THING." he said as he pointed at hijinx's limp body. "The fact that you're here means she developed the first stage of an idea we've feared for some time. As for what I've done to her, it, or whatever you want to call that character..." The man paused for a second and thought about how to best put it.

Meanwhile, inside hijinx's head a small white crack appeared in the darkness that represented her mind. A small heartbeat, almost undetectable to the keenist of ears, began to course through her.

Distracted by his conversation with nighthand, the man didn't notice the new data popping up on the various screens behind him. A small percentage began to rise gradually from zero to ten.

Snapping his fingers the man made quotation symbols with his hands as he announced he had "turned her off" for the time being.

"You see, while the hijinx isn't really an AI, it shares some of it's characteristics. It is by definition a living sentient being. All it lacks is a material body." The number continued to rise steadily as the person talked and became more confused with his explanation, reaching thirty-five percent and rising.

"The fact is that it's a malfunction from an experiment when did. That person you know as hijinx is a creature based on a system where zero is equal to infinity! Can you imagine the potential that beast has for good or evil!?"

Sirens sounded and red lights flashed as the number stopped it's incline at forty-nine. Spinning around and looking at the data with pure terror the man reached out to press a button marked with a skull. The number burst from forty-nine to fifty. Statistics on monitors around the room flew upwards past the top of the screens while stability readings fluxuated wildly. The button melted into a bear trap, causing the scientist to topple off his seat as the universe began to glitch around him.

Standing slowly, hijinx began to float. The crystal in her forehead glowed with an eerie white light as she looked straight at the panic stricken man. Hijinx stayed perfectly still as the world shifted him towards her. Placing a head on his face lightly she stared him in the eye. Turning white, he suddenly exploded away from her as data. Turning a bright eye towards nighthand, she smiled. She knew he wasn't going to tell anyone without good reason. He alone knew what the price of meddling was now.

With a twitch of the ears, she returned her and nighthand to the root town and returned the percentage to a comfortable fifteen percent. Pandora's box would remain closed for a good while.
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:14 pm

OOC: And that'll end the pandora quest! :bunny: Gingi, I'll need help with rewards if it's not too much trouble. *breakdances and strikes a pose*
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."

Cypher
Exalted Player

Post by Cypher » Mon Dec 27, 2004 8:10 pm

Finally...the rewards!

:D Group

Hijinx: 2 lvsl. + Bloddy Blades
Nighthand: 2 lvls. + Life Sword
Phoenix: 1 lvl. + Matoi
Gingitsune: 1 lvl. + Odd Shaped Key
Tempest: 1 lvl.

:roll: Group

Vera: Any level 2 scroll of your choice
Kodel: Any level 2 scroll of your choice
Torath: Any level 2 scroll of your choice
Ramza: Any level 2 scroll of your choice
Wishlist: Ends of Earth (11 BM), Black Sharp Angel Wings, BM Swords (Rare/Common)

New sig coming soon!